Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Do you think u have

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i moved away from family at 17 coming up to 18 and now have returned to home . Now later on in life i still question was it the right thing to do as i have moved home and all is different ( 36 yrs ) and things are definetly changed.

Is it just me that has not moved on is it society,And i ask this ask i am not Socially Award.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I could not go back to living in my hometown. I had no choice but to move back for 6months when i split with my partner but i was bored out my box. It is a lovely place but too quiet for me now.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I moved to Surrey in 2007. Didn't expect to come back to Scotland but I did in 2009.

I regret moving back often, however at the time it seemed like the best thing to do.

I now feel that regardless of where you live, life is what you make of it. You can't dwell on a what if.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I'm a everything happens for a reason type. In life we make what is perceived as mistakes by ourselves or other people. At the end of the day though, you learn a lot more about yourself and what you want from for the future when times a darker/harder

By *awaiianguyMan
over a year ago

East Ayrshire

After moving out at 17 I had to live with my parents for a couple of months when I moved out of the family home. After the initial awkwardness, it was actually quite nice to find out about them as adults.

Wouldn't do it again though

over a year ago

When I was younger I always thought I couldn't wait to move away, travel a bit, see the world.

As I've got older, I now realise I'm actually a total home bird.

over a year ago

I've never wanted to leave St. Andrews but I do now at 34 , I will maybe come back in 25 years but I'm ready to leave and live somewhere else now maybe Glasgow maybe Edinburgh

over a year ago

I moved away just after getting married 18yrs ago, and while it was weird initially, I don't regret it for a second.

While I love going home and seeing family and friends, a couple of days down there is more than enough.

I couldn't move back now even if it was an option. Some things are better left in the past x

over a year ago

There are two type of people in this world: people who leave their hometown and people who stay.

Each has valid reasons for doing so but I find the bird of a feathers flock together. I’m a leaver- got out of there as fast as I could and spent the next 10 years trying to get as far away as possible (I made it to Scotland - 5000 miles away). My sister was a stayer. Has lived her entire life in a 50mile radius. To each their own but I find myself attracted to other leavers and (on average), stayers just don’t seem to get me (and vice versa).

XxBebe

over a year ago

I couldn't wait to leave my home town when I was 18. I travelled loads and lived overseas for nearly 7 years. Now at 36 I've came full circle and moved back to where I grew up.

Post new Message to Thread