Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Lockdown weight

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How’s everyone coping with keeping weight off during lockdown?

Feel so unmotivated since organised sports have halted. There’s only so many times you can do the same run, walk or cycle without it becoming monotonous.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was fat before lockdown so not much has changed for me!

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

I was going to come out of this in top shape. Something went wrong though. So instead of being in top shape i gained about 4 kilos Definitely working on it now!! Top shape still on the cards x

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Sub-12 stone for the first time in ages. Need more ice cream.

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm 5kgs heavier than I was before lockdown. Cant wait to get back into the gym and lose the excess weight!

over a year ago

Need my motivation back since the gym closed so hopefully get back fighting fight when it reopens

over a year ago

I've been hitting the home gym almost daily since lockdown. Was more into running previously, but staying at home meant finding an alternative. Pleased to say I'm now more buff than I've ever been, and feel strong and healthy.

over a year ago

I can’t wait to get back to the gym, but I will wait until the rush is over.

I’ll keep on with my walking when I can

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I don't want to even think about the weight I've probably gained. Avoiding the scales/mirror/restrictive clothing for a good long while

By *edLionScotMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I put on a stone and a half, and decided enough's enough.

Been making the time to prepare meals, following Mediterranean style low carb recipes.

Food is varied, some delicious, others so-so. It's a learning curve.

I'm slightly better than my pre-lock down weight, and still a bit to go.

I need to get back to exercising that will really help. Muscle burns more calories.

over a year ago

I’m at the lightest I’ve been since my boxing days.

Problem is I ruptured the tendons in my knee last month. An unpleasant visit to hospital during lockdown.

Tore my ACL on that same knee back in the 80’s ended my sporting career as not only was I about to turn professional in boxing, I was considering whether to continue with the fight game or sign for a particular SPL football team who wanted my signature at the time.

Because I was a fighter the orthopaedic consultant refused to operate.

Anyway I transgress, yes my gym days are curtailed until this knee heals

By *aggismuncher69Man
over a year ago

Johnstone

Haven’t been doing great with far too much food and particularly alcohol. Wasn’t too bad at the start of all this but the weight is creeping up so on a drive to do something about it now. Can’t believe today I actually feel proud of having 1 night off the booze!!!

By *latharerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow CC

"How’s everyone coping with keeping weight off during lockdown?

Feel so unmotivated since organised sports have halted. There’s only so many times you can do the same run, walk or cycle without it becoming monotonous. "

Not sure which sport you are missing but 5s pitches are back open eventually. That's my exercise of choice first game on Thursday. Just hope everyone else will be as slow as me.

By *otPrinceHarryMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Once I can start swimming again I'll hopefully start burning it off. Am getting very close to chancing the Clyde.

over a year ago

Was ready fat but without getting on any scales I feel like I may have lost a bit

By *otmale5Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Afraid I’ve also put on more than a few pounds of late .. tried walking , running and skipping , to the fridge but it’s made no difference. Perhaps I need to put the fridge a few miles down the road ..

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Lost a bit as been working longer hours.x

By *otmale5Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Bluebell can I put my fridge at your place ?

over a year ago

stone and a half up

mostly down to lack of activity - not cycling as much as I was, not walking to and from train station, around office etc

working from home the most I walk is from couch to desk in bedroom (10 metres at the most)

once activity picks up hopefully with a bit of balanced diet control (ie portion size), things will come back to normal

By *othwellguyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I've noticed a difference in my fitness levels a bit,

Genuine question.... would anyone have bike they want to sell?

By *illers71Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I went mad in the beginning. I have been back eating well and training again and felt the difference already. I have just rejoined DLs and thats where I will live again from Monday ??

over a year ago

Gained a little due to lockdown.

I’ve managed to maintain a exercise regime through lockdown but with being off work for a few months and not doing the extra physical daily work in addition to my normal exercise a slight weight gain occurred.

I’m starting to edge back down again and should return to pre lockdown weight in a few weeks or so.

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man
over a year ago

edinbugh

Weight is up as I haven’t done any exercise since back being back at work but hoping the gyms opening up again will change that

Post new Message to Thread