Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Am I the only one wondering....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...how the pubs will actually

be expected to enforce social distancing when a lot of folk will be plastered? Even with the outdoor space and fewer punters....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Bottom line is they will not be able to!

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

The supermarkets can't even enforce it and the folk in there are sober

K

By *ilveryFoxMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

They could do a voucher system for a maximum number of drinks, say four?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

how many will adhere to the one-way system

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"They could do a voucher system for a maximum number of drinks, say four?"

How will that enforce social distancing?

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar.

over a year ago

"...how the pubs will actually

be expected to enforce social distancing when a lot of folk will be plastered? Even with the outdoor space and fewer punters...."

My mate has a pub in town. He said he wasn’t expecting to open until December. There is no point in opening and having 100% of operating costs for 25% of the previous takings. Said he isn’t opening until he can open fully

By *un44Man
over a year ago

GLASGOW

Most of the procedures put in place are really for show. Companies cant enforce them when it is virtually impossible and impractical. Schools, colleges, universities, pubs etc can only try and follow the rules set out but with large crowds to deal with it's not going to happen. And as soon as they leave the premises then their is no enforcement.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar. "
.what happens if you need a poo?

over a year ago

"My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar. .what happens if you need a poo?"

What happens at the xmas social if you don’t get your dinner? Are you still allowed to eat other people’s food

over a year ago

"My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar. .what happens if you need a poo?"

Oh god ..... dread to think

over a year ago

Plastic screened booths, one way systems, waiter service so no standing at bars, limiting of numbers, could work for larger chains but the death of small venues.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=644513646409570&id=241164539259538

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar. .what happens if you need a poo?

Oh god ..... dread to think "

The pub issue constipation-inducing tablets on your arrival.

over a year ago

They could follow the football, open up and don't let anyone in

over a year ago

You know it's going to be a sunny weekend when beer gardens open and no one will be controlling numbers.

They won't be able to.

For smaller pubs who aren't owned by chains, who could blame them for needing the tills to ring.

I would hope to see staff offered PPE as a minimum, distancing set up as best as they can and extra cleaning. However, people are a law unto themselves so its an impossible ideal

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar. "

Every other urinal to have crime scene tape over them

Mind you most of them should

The only way to try and maintain social distancing is to limit the number of people allowed in, and that means door staff (added costs)

And I can't see people queuing up outside for one out, one in

My local is a small two room country pub, and there's only room for 30 people at a squeeze. To maintain even 1 metre separation would only allow 10 in

over a year ago

Was looking at one pubs new set up. You book a table in advance. Its surrounded by screens. You download an app and order your drink using that. The toilets have sensors to flush. How it will all be managed is another matter. Thing is you either stay at home or you get yourself out. Its your choice. I will be getting on with it.

By *bridge manMan
over a year ago

lanarkshire

you could always get a colostomy bag fitted... Lol

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Snipers at every corner

over a year ago

I rarely drink when I'm out, so it wouldn't be an issue but missing out on the social aspect of a night out, meeting new folk and a dance maybe even a cheeky wee flirt....cannae imagine doing that behind a plastic screen. It'll feel like visiting time at the Bar L!

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"My cunning solution would be seating only. Not allowed to leave your designated seat. You have a bucket for going for a pee. And a long intravenous drip that is attached to a bottle or pump at the bar. .what happens if you need a poo? you could always get a colostomy bag fitted... Lol"

What if you get your colostomy bag and beer intravenous mixed up. Just piss in a bucket.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I rarely drink when I'm out, so it wouldn't be an issue but missing out on the social aspect of a night out, meeting new folk and a dance maybe even a cheeky wee flirt....cannae imagine doing that behind a plastic screen. It'll feel like visiting time at the Bar L!"

Doggy your comments and user name inspired me.

What about very large ‘cones of shame’. ( ref film UP). 1m circumference. (Social distancing checked). Fill to chin level with the drink of your choice and just use a straw (consumption checked) and the bar staff can just pour it in at arms length (delivery checked).

True. The toilets will be covered in pee.

over a year ago

"I rarely drink when I'm out, so it wouldn't be an issue but missing out on the social aspect of a night out, meeting new folk and a dance maybe even a cheeky wee flirt....cannae imagine doing that behind a plastic screen. It'll feel like visiting time at the Bar L!

Doggy your comments and user name inspired me.

What about very large ‘cones of shame’. ( ref film UP). 1m circumference. (Social distancing checked). Fill to chin level with the drink of your choice and just use a straw (consumption checked) and the bar staff can just pour it in at arms length (delivery checked).

True. The toilets will be covered in pee. "

Aha! The dogs with the lampshade things on their napper! Good shout.

over a year ago

"I rarely drink when I'm out, so it wouldn't be an issue but missing out on the social aspect of a night out, meeting new folk and a dance maybe even a cheeky wee flirt....cannae imagine doing that behind a plastic screen. It'll feel like visiting time at the Bar L!"

Cheeky wee whit

Post new Message to Thread