Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Green Fingers

Jump to newest

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

Getting into this garden malarkey, built a few planters and a propagation unit.

Seeing conflicting advice in regards to taking cuttings from plants, tree’s, shrubs that catch my eye when out and about.

Any green fingered fabbers with advice in regards to cuttings and seed ?

Compost is another, how long generally does Cut grass and food wastes take to become useable.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Getting into this garden malarkey, built a few planters and a propagation unit.

Seeing conflicting advice in regards to taking cuttings from plants, tree’s, shrubs that catch my eye when out and about.

Compost is another, how long generally does Cut grass and food wastes take to become useable. "

I hope that it doesn’t have any effect on future meets folk might become suspicious wearing gloves in the bedroom .

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

"wearing gloves in the bedroom . "

That’s a kink for some

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Getting into this garden malarkey, built a few planters and a propagation unit.

Compost is another, how long generally does Cut grass and food wastes take to become useable. "

Google is your best bet but you need patience for cuttings and compost. Seeds like pot marigolds, nasturtiums, cornflowers, love in the mist etc all are easy but again there are some more temperamental. Half the fun is trying though and filling your planters with small bedding plants will give you a lot of pleasure as they fill out and flower over the summer. Some supermarkets have plants just now

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

Compost is another, how long generally does Cut grass and food wastes take to become useable.

Google is your best bet but you need patience for cuttings and compost. Seeds like pot marigolds, nasturtiums, cornflowers, love in the mist etc all are easy but again there are some more temperamental. Half the fun is trying though and filling your planters with small bedding plants will give you a lot of pleasure as they fill out and flower over the summer. Some supermarkets have plants just now "

Started a wild garden section last year that took well with a few packets of seeds, Poppy’s, cornflowers etc. Looked Braw and have some good growth this year again. It’s pretty much left to its own devices that section.

I’m keen on acers, alpine and heathers amongst others, just wondered how easy from seed or cuttings.

Been trying to diverge away from the shop bought annuals although nice and easy I’m looking take on perennials or all year round colour.

over a year ago

Google is your best bet but you need patience for cuttings and compost. Seeds like pot marigolds, nasturtiums, cornflowers, love in the mist etc all are easy but again there are some more temperamental. Half the fun is trying though and filling your planters with small bedding plants will give you a lot of pleasure as they fill out and flower over the summer. Some supermarkets have plants just now

Started a wild garden section last year that took well with a few packets of seeds, Poppy’s, cornflowers etc. Looked Braw and have some good growth this year again. It’s pretty much left to its own devices that section.

I’m keen on acers, alpine and heathers amongst others, just wondered how easy from seed or cuttings.

Been trying to diverge away from the shop bought annuals although nice and easy I’m looking take on perennials or all year round colour. "

Put down slabs or balmullo chips.

Low maintanence. Sorted.

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

Been trying to diverge away from the shop bought annuals although nice and easy I’m looking take on perennials or all year round colour.

Low maintanence. Sorted."

Don’t think you’ve grasped the green fingers part

over a year ago

Low maintanence. Sorted.

Don’t think you’ve grasped the green fingers part "

I dont think youve grasped you wont need green fingers.

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

Low maintanence. Sorted.

Don’t think you’ve grasped the green fingers part .

I dont think youve grasped you wont need green fingers. "

Bolt

over a year ago

Here mate...

Get yourself some root treatment and find some Lady gardens bushes for bedding.

Their flowers will be ripe if you give them a good soaking. Keep the hardcore for the patio.

Trust me..

I read it in a Science book at School under "Reproduction".

Ya wouldn't believe the amount of women I was shagging in 2nd year.

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

"Here mate...

Get yourself some root treatment and find some Lady gardens bushes for bedding.

Their flowers will be ripe if you give them a good soaking. Keep the hardcore for the patio.

Trust me..

I read it in a Science book at School under "Reproduction".

Ya wouldn't believe the amount of women I was shagging in 2nd year.

"

Oh I can believe

over a year ago

Been trying to diverge away from the shop bought annuals although nice and easy I’m looking take on perennials or all year round colour. "

Acers are one of my favourites and exceptionally hardy. Tricky to grow from seed or cutting if your talking about the Japanese ones. Asda have had fabulous wee seedlings every year for £3. They hate overwatering and too much wind and sun because the leaves are so fine. Hostas look great with them and are easy to propagate as are many perennials (by division). Just read up on things you like and give it a shot, that’s part of the fun

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

depends if you are taking softwood or hardwood cuttings and also depends on the time of year.

By *ookingforfabfunMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

If you've got a propagator and some root hormone powder you're halfway there. I'm taking blueberry cuttings this week, in the absence of anything more exciting to do, but it's pretty easy. Just get stuck in

By *ering Sea OP   Man
over a year ago

Penicuik

Managed to pick an Acer up for £4 out B&Q it’s only 20cm in a toaty pot so will find somewhere to try prevent the elements hammering it like this weekend.

In regards to soft/hardwood, I’m out in the sticks and surrounded by cherry blossoms,

Rhododendrons, holly which I’m keen on.

The propagation unit I knocked up from scaffold boards and a hinged shower screen is 6x3, will get some root power and look up the “fruits”

Currently got a few pepper plants that are taking well.

Post new Message to Thread