Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Holiday plans 2020

Jump to newest

By *ilveryFox OP   Man
over a year ago

Midlothian

I was meant to be going to Fuerteventura at the start of July but doubt it will go ahead but still not heard anything from Jet 2, anyone else in a similar situation?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Jet2 have only just told me my May holiday is cancelled.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

They wont cancel mate till last minute, then I might be wrong but they are trying to band out vouchers...might be worth you cancelling yourself at losing the booking fee for cash.

By *iquidsilkCouple
over a year ago

Fife

We were due to fly out to GC earlier this week with Jet2. They cancelled the flights and did refund the full cost at our request. We have now re-booked for January next year. Using a credit card.

By *ennydreadfulWoman
over a year ago

East Kilbride

I had a two week stay in Bali cancelled. I’m gutted but I guess it can’t be helped

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

So today my mum informed me that her friends daughter who works in a travel agent says Spain will not be allowing tourist until Oct. Hopefully she is wrong.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So today my mum informed me that her friends daughter who works in a travel agent says Spain will not be allowing tourist until Oct. Hopefully she is wrong."

She’s right .. my friend who is an independent travel consultant said the same

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"So today my mum informed me that her friends daughter who works in a travel agent says Spain will not be allowing tourist until Oct. Hopefully she is wrong.

She’s right .. my friend who is an independent travel

consultant said the same "

Oh damn. I am booked to fly 30th Sept to Majorca.

over a year ago

"So today my mum informed me that her friends daughter who works in a travel agent says Spain will not be allowing tourist until Oct. Hopefully she is wrong.

She’s right .. my friend who is an independent travel

consultant said the same

Oh damn. I am booked to fly 30th Sept to Majorca."

You might be the exception if you go into the airport check out desk dressed like that

over a year ago

"I was meant to be going to Fuerteventura at the start of July but doubt it will go ahead but still not heard anything from Jet 2, anyone else in a similar situation?"

Was due to go to Iceland by tursday was hoping to be in the blue lagoon

over a year ago

Stag do in Benidorm at the start of July, not cancelled yet and not getting my hopes up

By *ilveryFox OP   Man
over a year ago

Midlothian

By the sounds of your experiences to date I’m resigned to the fact that it will soon be cancelled. I reckon even if travel restrictions were lifted I really wouldn’t be to keen to travel with my kids and parents. Roll on 2021!

Keep safe

By *erfume-LoverMan
over a year ago

Perth Hotel 27 June

Do employers have to allow you to carry your 2020 holiday entitlement into 2021 - I am sure that has been mentioned recently

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"Do employers have to allow you to carry your 2020 holiday entitlement into 2021 - I am sure that has been mentioned recently "

If you’re furloughed you’ll still accrue holidays as normal. If you’re due on holiday whilst furloughed you’ll still be on holiday

If you’re currently working you will still need to take your holidays.

this is to prevent a backlog of holiday entitlement building up.

Some employers may allow carry over to next year.

This is how my employer are dealing with holidays.

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Switzerland in July is getting shelved

Not even sure my holiday to Florida in Oct will go ahead

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus/using-holiday

ACAS advice on holidays

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Usually go on holiday May/June time, so that's obviously shelved this year, so it looks as if it'll be Christmas/New Year before I get away!

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow.

Had a long weekend pencilled in for October, but defo away for Christmas/New Year.

If states allow

By *elboy321Man
over a year ago

Paisley

I was ment to be going to Alcudia at the end of June but cancelled it with Jet 2. Lost our deposits but the £4000 is in my account now rather than Jet 2 s

over a year ago

Still waiting for TUI refund 5 weeks on.....and they can keep their vouchers.

over a year ago

I can't see anyone going on holiday abroad this year

By *ilveryFox OP   Man
over a year ago

Midlothian

"I was ment to be going to Alcudia at the end of June but cancelled it with Jet 2. Lost our deposits but the £4000 is in my account now rather than Jet 2 s"

How come you lost your deposit?

over a year ago

Was meant to go to berlin in may, cancelled it just incase. I'm looking to go to malta when its possible to visit a friend so hopefully will be before xmas time

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Supposed to be going to Amsterdam @ start of June. No word from easyjet yet on it.

over a year ago

Was supposed to be going away just in the uk with the family and dogs, just gonna wait till they open to rebook.

over a year ago

One benefit is that I have never been able to book Florida any further forward than 1 and a half years in advance. Just ready to book up for October 2022 at really good prices.

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Was meant to go to berlin in may, cancelled it just incase. I'm looking to go to malta when its possible to visit a friend so hopefully will be before xmas time "

Hoping to hit Malta later in the year too. I’m in a Kik group and have a couple of friends over there and they still have the 14day isolation for anyone returning home so it’s not looking likely unfortunately

over a year ago

"Was meant to go to berlin in may, cancelled it just incase. I'm looking to go to malta when its possible to visit a friend so hopefully will be before xmas time

Hoping to hit Malta later in the year too. I’m in a Kik group and have a couple of friends over there and they still have the 14day isolation for anyone returning home so it’s not looking likely unfortunately "

Pure gutted if its not this year, waited long enough to go see him too. Missed the last trip planned as he stopped talking to me lmao

By *ast RolloMan
over a year ago

glasgow west

buy a tent or a motor home as that might be the only type of holiday that you can get .

hotels and hostels ect. might stay closed until the end of the year if they survive.

camp sites might open as they can social distance better but as for going abroad that looks like a no go till next year

By *bridge manMan
over a year ago

lanarkshire

Hoping to get to Croatia in October or at worst Cuba in December but since I want to go to cayo coco in Cuba I need to first fly to Canada then another flight from there. Fingers crossed

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

Was meant to be italy at the end of June.

Obviously not happening so been offered and took same dates for 2021.

Nobody is going holidays this year.

over a year ago

"Do employers have to allow you to carry your 2020 holiday entitlement into 2021 - I am sure that has been mentioned recently "

The tax man has allowed it (holidays are technically a staff benefit) but its up to companies wether they want to offer you that flexibility. I know my company are encouraging people still to take holidays so we don't app have 4 weeks to take at once when we get back to the office

over a year ago

Was booked on a cruise but thats been cancelled. Thinking I'l get away to Gran Canaria later in the year

over a year ago

Fingers crossed we can go back to Gran Canaria later in the year. But we’ve looked out the tent just incase

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Was going to fuerterventura on march cancelled, Almeria August will probably be cancelled too

By *ee-YinWoman
over a year ago

nr bathgate

We have Bulgaria booked for August I was hoping it would still be happening but in all honesty I'm getting less hopeful by the day.

By *itznBobz2018Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

"We have Bulgaria booked for August I was hoping it would still be happening but in all honesty I'm getting less hopeful by the day.

"

We have Bulgaria booked in Aug as well but like you not sure it will happen

By *ee-YinWoman
over a year ago

nr bathgate

"We have Bulgaria booked for August I was hoping it would still be happening but in all honesty I'm getting less hopeful by the day.

We have Bulgaria booked in Aug as well but like you not sure it will happen

Fingers crossed we still get to go, I know if there is a plane leaving I'll be going.

"

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

All my holidays are up in the air at the moment but Ive rescheduled one for September in the hope this is all over & just waiting on travel agent getting in touch to reschedule another until Feb

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I was meant to be going to Fuerteventura at the start of July but doubt it will go ahead but still not heard anything from Jet 2, anyone else in a similar situation?"
I think they are contacting people in order of when you are due to fly so dont think ul hear anything unil end of May / June

By *ine of BootyCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow/ Manchester

We are actually quite happy our holiday will be cancelled. Meant to be spending two weeks in Tunisia at the end of June but we really just can’t be arsed now.

Getting married next year so the £4k, if and when we get it back, can go to that instead.

Hope everyone is keeping well

over a year ago

I was suppossed to be going to china last August but the unrest in the area meant i had to cancel a couple of weeks before i was supposed to leave & lost most of my flight money. The day i was meant to fly there were riots in hongkong airport so i wouldnt have got anyway. This year im meant to be going to gran canaria. I doubt that will be going ahead. I feel like a jinx

Post new Message to Thread