FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

nder the age of 25 should not be jailed because their brains are not fully mature,

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I think this is utterly insane, if your under 25 you should not be jailed for committing a crime

What World do some people live in

The guideline follows research saying imbalances in brain development explain risk-taking and emotionally driven behaviour which can lead to illegal activity

I will be doing all I can to overturn this in the next 12 weeks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Apologies; the title should read;

Under the age of 25 should not be jailed because their brains are not fully mature,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I which case under 25’s shouldn’t be allowed to vote (Tories would love that) but Shamima Begum should be exonerated of any wrong-doing (Tory heads would explode).

It is laughable.

over a year ago

"I which case under 25’s shouldn’t be allowed to vote (Tories would love that) but Shamima Begum should be exonerated of any wrong-doing (Tory heads would explode).

It is laughable."

This is for Scottish Courts only

over a year ago

This is a pretty big deal. The Scottish Sentencing Council guidelines apply to all the courts in Scotland and in this instance will influence how up to 17,000 young people are sentenced each year.

There's likely to be some arguing that 25 is too old as a cut off but the University of Edinburgh research suggests our brains don't fully mature until we are between 25 and 30. So, others might argue it should be higher still.

Using 25 as a threshold would bring Scotland in line with Switzerland. In the Netherlands the age threshold is 23. In Germany it is 21. But people will get their say. There will now be a 12-week public consultation on the guidelines

over a year ago

"I which case under 25’s shouldn’t be allowed to vote (Tories would love that) but Shamima Begum should be exonerated of any wrong-doing (Tory heads would explode).

It is laughable.

"

Ah, fair play. Still ludicrous. I’m far from a ‘string ‘em up’ kinda guy, but we learn right from wrong at a young age.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

So the brains of the under 25's are not fully developed.

I have to agree and as evidence I give you.........

Greta

over a year ago

"So the brains of the under 25's are not fully developed.

Greta "

Greta does a fine job of triggering middle aged guys with a sense of entitlement. She should carry on

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

some of the little fuckwits who are still on the streets where i live it seems they have that in place in my town already

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

What are we supposed to do with the murdering little cunts ?

over a year ago

"What are we supposed to do with the murdering little cunts ?"

wasn't long ago we sent them on holidays (remember)

over a year ago

"some of the little fuckwits who are still on the streets where i live it seems they have that in place in my town already"

12 week public consultation stage first, I have already written to my MsP against this with reasons

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"What are we supposed to do with the murdering little cunts ?

wasn't long ago we sent them on holidays (remember)"

Apparently wuhan or northern Italy is nice this time of year

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Greta

Greta does a fine job of triggering middle aged guys with a sense of entitlement. She should carry on "

Yesterday she did a great job of potentially exposing 15,000 kids to coronavirus.

Yep very clever.

over a year ago

Just been reading about this. It’s actually fewer under 25’s should be sent to prison, not no under 25’s.

I have no problem with locking people up, but prisons have to do a better job of rehabilitating people. You can’t bang people up for 23 hours a day and expect them to come out ‘cured’.

The underfunded part-privatised prison service has a lot to answer for.

over a year ago

Greta

Greta does a fine job of triggering middle aged guys with a sense of entitlement. She should carry on

Yesterday she did a great job of potentially exposing 15,000 kids to coronavirus.

Yep very clever. "

That’s quite a reach, there.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Personally I do think some minor “crimes “ are not worthy of prison time in the first instance. But whether or not you go to prison or some form of juvenile detention is based on age is utterly mad. But I’m not surprised in the least . Too many do- gooders out there, more interested in the welfare of the criminals than the safety , well being and mental health of the victims. Just come over here and see how the murderers are let out of jail and into power , and the victims don’t get anything. They won’t even get their ass into gear to pay victims of institutional abuse the money a public inquiry has ordered . Stupid criminal system is all for the welfare of the criminals whilst fucking over the victims . End of rant. Now waiting on the lefties to argue for the murderers to

Be treated with compassion and respect and how hard it is to be rehabilitated when ur in a nasty pwison

over a year ago

"What are we supposed to do with the murdering little cunts ?"

No they shouldn't be jailed, just liquidation should be sufficient

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's better left for the appropriate experts to decide, who have the wealth of knowledge and expertise, based on education and their applied, published research, in the relevant literature.

over a year ago

As with everything it depends on the severity of the crime. Rehabilitation is always the ideal but some people just need to be locked up and have the key thrown away, irrespective of age.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

It is laughable.

"

If true it is a cheap vote winner for Sturgeon as all the half wits will follow her,mind all the young thugs might move to Scotland and cut our crime rates and make the streets safer,stay in the UK you know it makes sense,stop this crap

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's better left for the appropriate experts to decide, who have the wealth of knowledge and expertise, based on education and their applied, published research, in the relevant literature. "
Like the remoaner exoerts all being proved wrong

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

So the SNP think under 25's brains are fully mature to decide between right and wrong in their own lives yet think 16 years old are mature enough to vote on the lives of everyone, you really couldnt make it up, whatvthe hell are the parents of these kids teaching them, is it not one of the duties of parents to teach right and wrong

Post new Message to Thread