Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Free Mustique Holiday

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The weather's getting me down. Anybody willing to buy me a £15,000 holiday to Mustique?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The weather's getting me down. Anybody willing to buy me a £15,000 holiday to Mustique?"

Of course, but what will you do for me if I do

over a year ago

"The weather's getting me down. Anybody willing to buy me a £15,000 holiday to Mustique?

Of course, but what will you do for me if I do "

I'd promise to bluster and refuse to publicly answer any questions about it.

over a year ago

"The weather's getting me down. Anybody willing to buy me a £15,000 holiday to Mustique?

I'd promise to bluster and refuse to publicly answer any questions about it."

Perfect, the money is on its way

over a year ago

Perfect, the money is on its way "

Hurray! I'll just grab my swimming shorts and a huge bottle of sunscreen.

over a year ago

Perfect, the money is on its way

Hurray! I'll just grab my swimming shorts and a huge bottle of sunscreen."

Don’t forget the wiff waff bats and balls

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if we don't know the answer by next wednesday.... next week's PMQ's is going to be a blast!!!!!

over a year ago

"if we don't know the answer by next wednesday.... next week's PMQ's is going to be a blast!!!!!"

Maybe we'll learn the answer about the mystery benefactor at the same time we learn the details of the Russia report.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"if we don't know the answer by next wednesday.... next week's PMQ's is going to be a blast!!!!!

Maybe we'll learn the answer about the mystery benefactor at the same time we learn the details of the Russia report. "

well by law he has to put down the name of the person who gave him the gift in the "commons books of interests"....

so if he is saying its david ross, and david ross is saying it wasn't him.... then someone is not telling the truth!!!

true story... got ridiculously d*unk with david ross once! he is much fun for a posh chappie!

over a year ago

"if we don't know the answer by next wednesday.... next week's PMQ's is going to be a blast!!!!!

Maybe we'll learn the answer about the mystery benefactor at the same time we learn the details of the Russia report.

well by law he has to put down the name of the person who gave him the gift in the "commons books of interests"....

so if he is saying its david ross, and david ross is saying it wasn't him.... then someone is not telling the truth!!!

true story... got ridiculously d*unk with david ross once! he is much fun for a posh chappie! "

Oooh you mean a politician may have lied?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

but you cant lie in the commons book of members interests..... i am sure that is some sort of offence....

anyway i know that johnson has form for not doing it, or disclosing late... i am almost positive he got a repremand for something like this...

so you are asking me to believe the man who has "previous".....

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"if we don't know the answer by next wednesday.... next week's PMQ's is going to be a blast!!!!!"
Why it is not that interesting a story.

over a year ago

"if we don't know the answer by next wednesday.... next week's PMQ's is going to be a blast!!!!!Why it is not that interesting a story."

You obviously don’t understand the rules regarding MPs not declaring when receiving gifts then .

over a year ago

"but you cant lie in the commons book of members interests..... i am sure that is some sort of offence....

anyway i know that johnson has form for not doing it, or disclosing late... i am almost positive he got a repremand for something like this...

so you are asking me to believe the man who has "previous"....."

Johnson was reprimanded previously for not declaring a financial interest on a property in time.

He was also ordered to apologise over the late declaration of £52,000 in book royalty payments.

It all begs the question: why didn't he just pay for his own holiday? He obviously has money to burn.

over a year ago

"but you cant lie in the commons book of members interests..... i am sure that is some sort of offence....

Johnson was reprimanded previously for not declaring a financial interest on a property in time.

He was also ordered to apologise over the late declaration of £52,000 in book royalty payments.

It all begs the question: why didn't he just pay for his own holiday? He obviously has money to burn. "

He is tight and loves a freebie. This is why he won’t stay as PM for as long as people think, he has the chance to earn millions once he leaves no 10, too tempting for a man like him

over a year ago

It all begs the question: why didn't he just pay for his own holiday? He obviously has money to burn.

He is tight and loves a freebie. This is why he won’t stay as PM for as long as people think, he has the chance to earn millions once he leaves no 10, too tempting for a man like him "

He's lazy, incompetent, mendacious, greedy and self-serving. And, yes, I bet he'll make a fortune from speeches and writing articles when he's out of office.

All that said, he's far from the 1st politician to take expensive holidays as gifts. It's as if they all think this shit is owed to them.

over a year ago

I think I'm in a bad mood. I'm sick of these rich sods getting freebies while the rest of us have to work our asses off to earn a fraction of what they are simply given.

over a year ago

He is tight and loves a freebie. This is why he won’t stay as PM for as long as people think, he has the chance to earn millions once he leaves no 10, too tempting for a man like him

He's lazy, incompetent, mendacious, greedy and self-serving. And, yes, I bet he'll make a fortune from speeches and writing articles when he's out of office.

All that said, he's far from the 1st politician to take expensive holidays as gifts. It's as if they all think this shit is owed to them.

"

True, if it is declared then there isn’t really an issue, but Boris is so used to lying he forgets when he is telling the truth

over a year ago

True, if it is declared then there isn’t really an issue, but Boris is so used to lying he forgets when he is telling the truth "

I think there's an issue with them being gifted this stuff while the rest of us have to work for it.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

He declared it in the Commons book of interests as a benefit in kind. The matter has since been resolved

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"He declared it in the Commons book of interests as a benefit in kind. The matter has since been resolved "
. Yes ,,,and no ,,,there is nothing wrong with a millionare prime minister of our country accepting a £15,000 gift ,in this case a holiday , as long as it declared in the HofC interests ,as has been done in this case , the problem with this particular gift arose when the person listed as awarded the gift said it wasn't him then said it was ,which appears a strange thing to change his mind on ,,which is why this particular gift has raised concerns ,,,on the same subject ,from a different angle ,if I was the millionaire prime minister of this country ( or any country ) I would wonder why anyone would want to give me a free £15,000 holiday

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

I believe that David Ross arranged for some vacant time share to be used by the PM.

The value of this was £15k, and that what was declared.

I doubt that any money ever changed hands. The PM paid all other costs, refusing an upgrade on his BA flight.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"I believe that David Ross arranged for some vacant time share to be used by the PM.

I doubt that any money ever changed hands. The PM paid all other costs, refusing an upgrade on his BA flight. "

Exactly

over a year ago

There you go, folks. It's absolutely fine for a politician to be given something worth £15,000. And I'm sure there's no way such a gift could influence a politician's thinking or actions. Nooooo way at all.

over a year ago

"There you go, folks. It's absolutely fine for a politician to be given something worth £15,000. And I'm sure there's no way such a gift could influence a politician's thinking or actions. Nooooo way at all."

It's that special relationship we have with the US

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Is a payment to a politician , cash or £15,000 holiday ,classed as income and therefore taxable ?

over a year ago

"Is a payment to a politician , cash or £15,000 holiday ,classed as income and therefore taxable ? "

I gather something like this is classed as a humble gift to a thoroughly deserving master and overlord. The correct public response is to bow while tugging on one's forelock. The incorrect response is to question such a gift, clearly.

By *nterested99Woman
over a year ago

Carlisle

If you Release The Russian Report in full & unredacted as I suspect it’s a Russian Tory Donor who has paid for Johnson’s and potentially owns the villa!

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"I think I'm in a bad mood. I'm sick of these rich sods getting freebies while the rest of us have to work our asses off to earn a fraction of what they are simply given. "
In reality polititions are poorly paid compared to bankers and captains of industry.

Sadly polititions of all parties do it as do people in every company in the land it is common practice.Get real you would be doing the same if you could

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I believe that David Ross arranged for some vacant time share to be used by the PM.

I doubt that any money ever changed hands. The PM paid all other costs, refusing an upgrade on his BA flight. "

david ross arranged it.... but said he was not the owner of the villa, nor had he paid for Mr Johnson’s stay.

the HOC members book of interests say you have to declare who paid for the holiday, to avoid any charge of influence of govt matters......

so again...... who paid?

By *isandhers691127Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

I cant believe people are trying to defend him on this issue. Who paid for the holiday? not a hard question.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"I cant believe people are trying to defend him on this issue. Who paid for the holiday? not a hard question. "

If a payment wasn't made, then no one paid.

Someone with local influence arranged it. Therefore "a benefit in kind"

over a year ago

No difference from stars and radio presenters getting all the freebies (anything from merchandise to food) on a daily basis!

You get to a certain level and don’t even have to pay to eat anymore

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk

over a year ago

"I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk"

Hotels count the toiletries ect in the price of the room so if you don’t use it all up or take it with you they will re use it so no problem there but stuff from work is just wrong! Sorry but it just is

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

"I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk"
,,,,if your employer was aware you were taking his/her/the companies A4 paper ,then yes it can be classsed as a perk , if they were unaware then it is theft

over a year ago

As with most threads on here these days, no news. Just sad twats looking for any excuse to go Tory bashing.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk

Hotels count the toiletries ect in the price of the room so if you don’t use it all up or take it with you they will re use it so no problem there but stuff from work is just wrong! Sorry but it just is "

Would you take a pen from work?. If you found out a work colleague took a pen, would you report them to your bosses/police?

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk,,,,if your employer was aware you were taking his/her/the companies A4 paper ,then yes it can be classsed as a perk , if they were unaware then it is theft "

Theft?.. really ?.. jeez

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

"I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk,,,,if your employer was aware you were taking his/her/the companies A4 paper ,then yes it can be classsed as a perk , if they were unaware then it is theft

Theft?.. really ?.. jeez"

. Who does the item belong to ,? Who bought it ? Did you have permission to take it ?

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

So taking something that doesn’t belong to you is theft ? Who would have known lol

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

"So taking something that doesn’t belong to you is theft ? Who would have known lol"
,,,,, probably somebody who thought it was a "perk"

over a year ago

"I used to take pens and packs of a4 paper from work. Also from hotel rooms ; those little bottles of shampoo and the pens. It is expected. Just a perk

Hotels count the toiletries ect in the price of the room so if you don’t use it all up or take it with you they will re use it so no problem there but stuff from work is just wrong! Sorry but it just is

Would you take a pen from work?. If you found out a work colleague took a pen, would you report them to your bosses/police?"

No I would not report them but would and have in the past made it clear that I thought it was wrong to their face.

It’s their conscience they have to deal with it

over a year ago

It is astonishing that some people seem happy with politicians taking valuable gifts from mystery people. Don't they see the problem with this?

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"There you go, folks. It's absolutely fine for a politician to be given something worth £15,000. And I'm sure there's no way such a gift could influence a politician's thinking or actions. Nooooo way at all."

Honestly, on it's own, to a man who already has millions or possibly billions, I really don't think £15,000 worth of timeshare accomodation is going to buy much influence. Do you?

over a year ago

Bournemouth

It's the principle of the matter. Something he and his fervent supporters seems to know little about.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"It's the principle of the matter. Something he and his fervent supporters seems to know little about."

You need to look at what some MPs, of all parties, cream off as perks and benefits in kind.

It's, widespread and has been for decades.

over a year ago

Bournemouth

I believe that is why the register was brought in. To keep account of these matters. If you can put down the person who arranged the holiday not the person who actually paid for it, then in principle this is wrong. Who paid for the holiday? That is the issue here.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Not everything requires cash to be exchanged. Duh.

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

"Not everything requires cash to be exchanged. Duh."
. I wish I could get a £15,000 holiday where cash doesn't need to be exchanged

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I’ve had many holidays in friends houses / holiday homes . No money exchanged. So what

over a year ago

Bournemouth

Your not the Prime Minister duh

over a year ago

"I’ve had many holidays in friends houses / holiday homes . No money exchanged. So what"

So have you done a similar gesture for your friends.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Yup.... have a holiday home in the canaries ... relatives stay there..... as a benefit in kind

over a year ago

Bournemouth

Wonder what benefits in kind Boris will bestow for his holiday?

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"It's the principle of the matter. Something he and his fervent supporters seems to know little about.

You need to look at what some MPs, of all parties, cream off as perks and benefits in kind.

It's, widespread and has been for decades.

"

And therein lies the problem.

In my mind MPs should be paid a lot more, with a great pension.

But then disallowed from earning outside of this income stream, ever.

You'd have a lot less ulterior motives for what goes on in Westminster.

over a year ago

"Wonder what benefits in kind Boris will bestow for his holiday? "

What an ignoble thought! Johnson is a man of such moral fortitude that he'd never do anything unseemly.

Post new Message to Thread