Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The State of our Union!

Jump to newest

By *ldskoolvalues OP   Man
over a year ago

The thick of it!

I was wondering how likely do you think it might be that the United Kingdom will break up in the near to medium term considering the political environment that they exists in England, Scotland and Ireland! and do we even care! I would Particularly like to hear for people in Scotland Ireland Wales & Northern Ireland

Ben x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Wales- support for such a move is very very low

Scotland - they have had their once in a generation referendum so that’s that

Northern Ireland- a border poll is unlikely and even if there was one, the vote would be to keep the status quo for more reasons I could go into but my fry is calling so got to go and flip my potato bread

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"I was wondering how likely do you think it might be that the United Kingdom will break up in the near to medium term considering the political environment that they exists in England, Scotland and Ireland! and do we even care! I would Particularly like to hear for people in Scotland Ireland Wales & Northern Ireland

Ben x"

Personally I think that the United Kingdom breaking up is highly likely - it really is just a matter of time.

Scots voters of Scots heritage are in favour of independence by a significant majority and they feel let down by the better together campaign from 2014. It really is remarkable that in a so called democracy called the United Kingdom, one of its country’s has to have permission to hold a referendum - especially as the landscape has now changed so significantly since 2014. There is an English heritage voter base in Scotland that was effective in 2014 but I think it will get drowned out in any new referendum.

Northern Ireland will ultimately re-unify with with Ireland and the inevitable changing demographics will see to that. As I recall, the last election saw Unionist parties become a minority amongst the electorate for the first time ever. So it really is just a matter of time.

As for Wales, I think that the voting there is heavily weighted by voters of an English heritage albeit once Scotland and N Ireland depart who knows whether the Welsh will want to continue running down a Nationalist rabbit hole with the English or seek an open and outward looking future with the Scots and Irish.

Unfortunately, I personally see a tortuous decade or two ahead for the United Kingdom.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It will happen it is only matter of time and who will start it. I think it will happen in this order, northern ireland and then scotland.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland. As for demographics ; this I implies that one day there will be more catholics in NI than Protestants . That may be true one day in the future but just because you are catholic does not mean you want a united ireland. I personally know hundreds of catholics who no way would ever want a united Ireland. Indeed some do vote for the SDLP but for their social democratic left leaning policies than for their nationalist policies. The only people I know who would want a united ireland are the die in the wool hardline Sinn Fein supporters. And support for Sinn Fein in the north is declining in recent elections to the benefit of SDLP and alliance. Just look at the vote collapse in derry/ Londonderry in the 2019 GE where the sitting shinner lost about half their votes to the more moderate non violence supporting SDLP

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I was wondering how likely do you think it might be that the United Kingdom will break up in the near to medium term considering the political environment that they exists in England, Scotland and Ireland! and do we even care! I would Particularly like to hear for people in Scotland Ireland Wales & Northern Ireland

Ben x

Personally I think that the United Kingdom breaking up is highly likely - it really is just a matter of time.

Scots voters of Scots heritage are in favour of independence by a significant majority and they feel let down by the better together campaign from 2014. It really is remarkable that in a so called democracy called the United Kingdom, one of its country’s has to have permission to hold a referendum - especially as the landscape has now changed so significantly since 2014. There is an English heritage voter base in Scotland that was effective in 2014 but I think it will get drowned out in any new referendum.

Northern Ireland will ultimately re-unify with with Ireland and the inevitable changing demographics will see to that. As I recall, the last election saw Unionist parties become a minority amongst the electorate for the first time ever. So it really is just a matter of time.

As for Wales, I think that the voting there is heavily weighted by voters of an English heritage albeit once Scotland and N Ireland depart who knows whether the Welsh will want to continue running down a Nationalist rabbit hole with the English or seek an open and outward looking future with the Scots and Irish.

Unfortunately, I personally see a tortuous decade or two ahead for the United Kingdom."

You don't half talk some pish...

over a year ago

Once there was a king he found his country was bust, finished, no more kitty in the drawers. Lucky for his country he became king of England/Wales as James I. Saving his country from bankruptcy

That was history but history repeats itself. Pray all "screamers" of independence in Scotland how are you going to pay your free prescriptions, free universities and much more. With which currency as from day 1 you have no more right to the Pound Sterling, and the EU have made it clear they don't want you as then Catalan will want independence and Venetia from Italy...you get the drift? So free but bankrupt great idea give it another thoughtful 1 minute ??

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"Once there was a king he found his country was bust, finished, no more kitty in the drawers. Lucky for his country he became king of England/Wales as James I. Saving his country from bankruptcy

That was history but history repeats itself. Pray all "screamers" of independence in Scotland how are you going to pay your free prescriptions, free universities and much more. With which currency as from day 1 you have no more right to the Pound Sterling, and the EU have made it clear they don't want you as then Catalan will want independence and Venetia from Italy...you get the drift? So free but bankrupt great idea give it another thoughtful 1 minute ??"

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Ben x

Unfortunately, I personally see a tortuous decade or two ahead for the United Kingdom.

You don't half talk some pish..."

So challenge the points made? Or is it easier to just say it’s rubbish because you don’t like it, but can’t argue against it?

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"Once there was a king he found his country was bust, finished, no more kitty in the drawers. Lucky for his country he became king of England/Wales as James I. Saving his country from bankruptcy

That was history but history repeats itself. Pray all "screamers" of independence in Scotland how are you going to pay your free prescriptions, free universities and much more. With which currency as from day 1 you have no more right to the Pound Sterling, and the EU have made it clear they don't want you as then Catalan will want independence and Venetia from Italy...you get the drift? So free but bankrupt great idea give it another thoughtful 1 minute ??"

The manic fear of the Euro is nonsensical. It works. if countries as small as Ireland, Luxembourg, Denmark, New Zealand and Norway can be independent - so can Scotland.

“You can’t afford it, you won’t survive without our help” was often the last thing said to now independent former Empire states.

over a year ago

Falkirk

Ben x

So challenge the points made? Or is it easier to just say it’s rubbish because you don’t like it, but can’t argue against it?"

Certainly-

1. Your prediction on Scottish indipendance and how after the vote Scotland would be part of the EU.

2. Your absolute certainty that Hillary would be the new president of the USA and no way would the US elect a president like Trump.

3. Your continual waffling of why Brexit wont happen and how you have given all the facts.

4. Adiment that there will be a break down of the UK with Scotland and Wales going there own way.

5. The unification of Ireland.

I commend your enthusiasm in predicting the political future of the UK and Europe but your predictions are starting to follow a common trend.

over a year ago

Ben x

Unfortunately, I personally see a tortuous decade or two ahead for the United Kingdom."

What do you mean by heritage? And why does that make them vote differently than Scots with no heritage?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/02/20 19:14:13]

over a year ago

"Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland.

"

Joker of the highest incompetence

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Ben x

So challenge the points made? Or is it easier to just say it’s rubbish because you don’t like it, but can’t argue against it?

Certainly-

1. Your prediction on Scottish indipendance and how after the vote Scotland would be part of the EU.

2. Your absolute certainty that Hillary would be the new president of the USA and no way would the US elect a president like Trump.

3. Your continual waffling of why Brexit wont happen and how you have given all the facts.

4. Adiment that there will be a break down of the UK with Scotland and Wales going there own way.

I commend your enthusiasm in predicting the political future of the UK and Europe but your predictions are starting to follow a common trend.

"

Except that you are wrong. I made no prediction on Indyref. I never said that Clinton would be elected, on the contrary - after my trip there in September 2016 I said quite openly that I thought Trump would win. I never said that Brexit won’t happen. Don’t confuse my lack of enthusiasm for it for suggesting it won’t happen. I actually said that it needs to happen hard and brutal. 4 and 5 - yes. I believe this to be the case.

over a year ago

Falkirk

Ben x

Certainly-

Except that you are wrong. I made no prediction on Indyref. I never said that Clinton would be elected, on the contrary - after my trip there in September 2016 I said quite openly that I thought Trump would win. I never said that Brexit won’t happen. Don’t confuse my lack of enthusiasm for it for suggesting it won’t happen. I actually said that it needs to happen hard and brutal. 4 and 5 - yes. I believe this to be the case."

Ok. You are entitled to your opinion.

Trying to enforce your political siding and policy on a swingers site is admorable.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland. As for demographics ; this I implies that one day there will be more catholics in NI than Protestants . That may be true one day in the future but just because you are catholic does not mean you want a united ireland. I personally know hundreds of catholics who no way would ever want a united Ireland. Indeed some do vote for the SDLP but for their social democratic left leaning policies than for their nationalist policies. The only people I know who would want a united ireland are the die in the wool hardline Sinn Fein supporters. And support for Sinn Fein in the north is declining in recent elections to the benefit of SDLP and alliance. Just look at the vote collapse in derry/ Londonderry in the 2019 GE where the sitting shinner lost about half their votes to the more moderate non violence supporting SDLP"

The north has never been part of Ireland.....eh?

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

" Ok. You are entitled to your opinion.

Trying to enforce your political siding and policy on a swingers site is admorable.

"

Are you Ok? I mean really are you ok?

This the politics section and the OP asked for an opinion, they asked for other people’s thoughts.

What the absolute fuck has responding to someone’s question got to do with “forcing a political “siding” (whatever that means?)’

over a year ago

This the politics section and the OP asked for an opinion, they asked for other people’s thoughts.

What the absolute fuck has responding to someone’s question got to do with “forcing a political “siding” (whatever that means?)’"

Very confusing aren't they

over a year ago

"Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland. As for demographics ; this I implies that one day there will be more catholics in NI than Protestants . That may be true one day in the future but just because you are catholic does not mean you want a united ireland. I personally know hundreds of catholics who no way would ever want a united Ireland. Indeed some do vote for the SDLP but for their social democratic left leaning policies than for their nationalist policies. The only people I know who would want a united ireland are the die in the wool hardline Sinn Fein supporters. And support for Sinn Fein in the north is declining in recent elections to the benefit of SDLP and alliance. Just look at the vote collapse in derry/ Londonderry in the 2019 GE where the sitting shinner lost about half their votes to the more moderate non violence supporting SDLP

The north has never been part of Ireland.....eh?"

Of The Republic no it hasn't with the looks of it.

over a year ago

The thick of it!

Do you think that the current election in Ireland will jave any bearing going forward co sidering how well Sien Fein have done, quite unexpectedly as far as can understand it is a 3 way tie and coalition is the only way forward! What kinds of conditions do you think Sien Fein will push push for as part of any power sharing agreement, to make a united Ireland more likely! I personally think that Boris Johnson does not have much regard for the union from the comments I have read from him. I not sure if push came to shove he would put the kind of resistance i would expect!! Time will tell. One thing is for sure we are living in one of the most unpredictable and volatile political eras I can ever remember so anything is possible!!

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

You only need to read some of the replies in this thread to see the state it's in.

The only sure thing is that it's not a United Kingdom any more.

Boris has his work cut out if he's going to change that.

over a year ago

Sinn Fein's rise in the Republic will bring about a border poll, in my view, and that one is up for grabs. Can't say how it'll go, don't think anyone knows, but we can all see the way this is going.

Think Scotland will go first, myself.

over a year ago

"Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland. As for demographics ; this I implies that one day there will be more catholics in NI than Protestants . That may be true one day in the future but just because you are catholic does not mean you want a united ireland. I personally know hundreds of catholics who no way would ever want a united Ireland. Indeed some do vote for the SDLP but for their social democratic left leaning policies than for their nationalist policies. The only people I know who would want a united ireland are the die in the wool hardline Sinn Fein supporters. And support for Sinn Fein in the north is declining in recent elections to the benefit of SDLP and alliance. Just look at the vote collapse in derry/ Londonderry in the 2019 GE where the sitting shinner lost about half their votes to the more moderate non violence supporting SDLP"

Excuse me, what?

Think you need to check up on your history.

Northern Ireland was formed when Ireland left the UK in around 1922 following the uprising of around 1918.

over a year ago

"Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland. As for demographics ; this I implies that one day there will be more catholics in NI than Protestants . That may be true one day in the future but just because you are catholic does not mean you want a united ireland. I personally know hundreds of catholics who no way would ever want a united Ireland. Indeed some do vote for the SDLP but for their social democratic left leaning policies than for their nationalist policies. The only people I know who would want a united ireland are the die in the wool hardline Sinn Fein supporters. And support for Sinn Fein in the north is declining in recent elections to the benefit of SDLP and alliance. Just look at the vote collapse in derry/ Londonderry in the 2019 GE where the sitting shinner lost about half their votes to the more moderate non violence supporting SDLP

Of The Republic no it hasn't with the looks of it. "

Where do you think the Union Flag came from you absolute melt ?

It is the flag of the union

St patricks cross ( patron saint of Ireland )

Andrew & George ( patron saints of Scotland & England ).

The Acts of Union 1800 (sometimes referred to as a single Act of Union 1801) were parallel acts of the Parliament of Great Britain and the Parliament of Ireland which united the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland (previously in personal union) to create the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The acts came into force on 1 January 1801, and the merged Parliament of the United Kingdom had its first meeting on 22 January 1801.

This is an amendment made to the original acts.

The Acts of Union were two Acts of Parliament: the Union with Scotland Act 1706passed by the Parliament of England, and the Union with England Act passed in 1707 by the Parliament of Scotland. They put into effect the terms of the Treaty of Union that had been agreed on 22 July 1706, following negotiation between commissioners representing the parliaments of the two countries. By the two Acts, the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland—which at the time were separate states with separate legislatures, but with the same monarch—were, in the words of the Treaty, "United into One Kingdom by the Name of Great Britain".

Please learn about your History before you spout absolute Nonsense.

over a year ago

The thick of it!

impressed bangbang man you are schooling me bro!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/02/20 04:24:05]

over a year ago

"No schooling would be telling you about the government of Ireland act 1921 & the formation of Northern Ireland , after the

Statute of Westminster 1931.

Statute of Westminster gives legal status to the independence of Australia, Canada, Irish Free State, Newfoundland, New Zealand and South Africa.

The Statute of Westminster, passed by the UK parliament in 1931, gave legal recognition to the de facto independence of the dominions. The parliaments of Canada, South Africa and the Irish Free State swiftly passed legislation enacting the statute. Australia adopted it in 1942 and New Zealand in 1947. Newfoundland relinquished its dominion status and was incorporated into Canada in 1949

"

over a year ago

Falkirk

What the absolute fuck has responding to someone’s question got to do with “forcing a political “siding” (whatever that means?)’"

Yea absolutely fine.

Regardless of you asking me to provide a valid argument, I don't really need to, it's just my own personal opinion.

Don't get upset and it to heart.

I'm sure there will be others that agree with your ramblings.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Remind me again ... when was “Northern Ireland “ (NI) ever an integral area under the political control of the “Republic of Ireland” ( ROI). When did the Republic of Ireland rule Northern Ireland?. When was Northern Ireland part of the Republic of Ireland?

Or was the Republic of Ireland formerly part of the British Isles ?. When did the Republic of Ireland come into existence?. Hmmmm ?

over a year ago

The Acts of Union 1800 (sometimes referred to as a single Act of Union 1801) were parallel acts of the Parliament of Great Britain and the Parliament of Ireland which united the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland (previously in personal union) to create the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The acts came into force on 1 January 1801, and the merged Parliament of the United Kingdom had its first meeting on 22 January 1801.

The Acts of Union were two Acts of Parliament: the Union with Scotland Act 1706passed by the Parliament of England, and the Union with England Act passed in 1707 by the Parliament of Scotland. They put into effect the terms of the Treaty of Union that had been agreed on 22 July 1706, following negotiation between commissioners representing the parliaments of the two countries. By the two Acts, the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland—which at the time were separate states with separate legislatures, but with the same monarch—were, in the words of the Treaty, "United into One Kingdom by the Name of Great Britain".

"

What I said is true no matter how much you dislike it.

Northern Ireland has never been part of The Republic of Ireland.

over a year ago

But it has been part of Ireland, officially, and will likely get the opportunity to return to being one entity.

over a year ago

"But it has been part of Ireland, officially, and will likely get the opportunity to return to being one entity. "

True

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

A geographical part . Is Portugal part of Spain ?

Is Haiti part of the Dominican Republic ?

Remind me .... who was Michael Collins and who murdered him ?

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Of The Republic no it hasn't with the looks of it. "

The opening statement makes no mention of the Republic of states Northern Ireland has never been part of Ireland.

The Eh? Stands

over a year ago

Northern Ireland has never been part of The Republic of Ireland. "

But the 26 & the 6 have been officially 1 .

That is something that is was & always will be a FACT .

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Geographically

So what ?

Meaningless fake news

over a year ago

That was history but history repeats itself. Pray all "screamers" of independence in Scotland how are you going to pay your free prescriptions, free universities and much more. With which currency as from day 1 you have no more right to the Pound Sterling, and the EU have made it clear they don't want you as then Catalan will want independence and Venetia from Italy...you get the drift? So free but bankrupt great idea give it another thoughtful 1 minute ??

The manic fear of the Euro is nonsensical. It works. if countries as small as Ireland, Luxembourg, Denmark, New Zealand and Norway can be independent - so can Scotland.

“You can’t afford it, you won’t survive without our help” was often the last thing said to now independent former Empire states."

You are missing mark

Luxembourg after France and Italy has the biggest debt outstanding vs GDP

Norway saved their pennies from oil in an independent trust which if desolved would give each citizen about £153,000 in cash on hand

New Zealand has a working agricultural and commercial structure

Now Ireland and Denmark

Ireland is bust simple got it

Denmark has only plus point the British fishery grounds if they don't get access 50,000 unemployed in 1-3 months

Why can not independent screeners get it down to simple basics?

Ask this question before screaming about rubbish "How can Scotland afford independence when it does not get the equity from the rest of the UK?"

Answer logically without emotions, without ranting in a cold clear accounting answer money in/money out

Thank you

over a year ago

"Northern Ireland has Never been part of Ireland. "

That's so funny. I had to scroll up to see who posted this.

Classic comedy.

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Classic comedy."

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I find people’s general level of ignorance hysterical . Next you will be telling me Gerry Adams was never a member of the Irish Rat Association and that group didn’t kill more civilians than police/army combined

over a year ago

Classic comedy."

That's why I brought The Republic of Ireland into it to make the statement factually correct

over a year ago

Classic comedy.

That's why I brought The Republic of Ireland into it to make the statement factually correct "

That makes it into a factually correct statement.

Of course won't stop Captain Loony-pants from claiming that 2/3 of Ulster were never part of Ireland prior to 1171.

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Classic comedy.

That's why I brought The Republic of Ireland into it to make the statement factually correct

That makes it into a factually correct statement.

Of course won't stop Captain Loony-pants from claiming that 2/3 of Ulster were never part of Ireland prior to 1171.

"

. Is it also the case that. Eng has never been part of. Land ????

over a year ago

"I find people’s general level of ignorance hysterical . Next you will be telling me Gerry Adams was never a member of the Irish Rat Association and that group didn’t kill more civilians than police/army combined"

Youll be telling us next it was a lack of spuds killed a million +

And not Westminster & Trevallian knicking all the irisk live stock & farming product .

Or that great britain is named after northern France

You know Brittany

What the Romans called

Gran Bretagne .

You lot didnt even change the name

You just translated into american

over a year ago

"I find people’s general level of ignorance hysterical . Next you will be telling me Gerry Adams was never a member of the Irish Rat Association and that group didn’t kill more civilians than police/army combined

Youll be telling us next it was a lack of spuds killed a million +

And not Westminster & Trevallian knicking all the irisk live stock & farming product .

Or that great britain is named after northern France

You know Brittany

What the Romans called

Gran Bretagne .

You lot didnt even change the name

You just translated into american

"

over a year ago

What he actually said

over a year ago

Northern Ireland has never been part of The Republic of Ireland. "

What he then claims to have said .

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE ?

I think we can

over a year ago

The opening statement makes no mention of the Republic of states Northern Ireland has never been part of Ireland.

The Eh? Stands "

Indeed, that's why I said the Republic as to correct his statement

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I think everyone should know that Ireland is the Republic of Ireland. FFS. Semantics. Some of you really should know your history !!!!!’nnn

over a year ago

"I think everyone should know that Ireland is the Republic of Ireland. FFS. Semantics. Some of you really should know your history !!!!!’nnn"

And here was me thinking Ireland was a rugby team....

What country is playing England in a few weeks ??

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Duh ....And still no answers to my pretty simple questions above . Ah well, no surprise there

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

"I think everyone should know that Ireland is the Republic of Ireland. FFS. Semantics. Some of you really should know your history !!!!!’nnn"
. Ireland is Ireland , the fact that it is currently divided is due to politics not geography, although with SF doing well in The Republic , with The North voting to remain in The EU and with The Boris Border down The Irish Sea separating the island from The UK the day that Ireland really is Ireland draws closer and closer ,,

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Ha ha ha . Clueless . Absolutely clueless . You can keep posting nonsense but it will still be nonsense . Ha ha ha ha

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

And the straw that broke the camels back was the brexit vote with the conservative and unionist party prefering a Boris border to an Irish border ,I must admit I didn't realise that would be the consequence of the EU referendum but the consequence it appears to be

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Haha ha ha. What straw?

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

The straw marking the beginning of the end ,and when Scotland gets its independence and Ireland becomes Ireland I will know I voted remain and those who voted leave will be left looking in the mirror in full realisatiion of what they have done

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Ha ha haha. No chance . And no chance. You forgot wales. Again ... no chance.

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

You may be saved by the Scottish Garden Bridge

By *leasure domMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

" Scotland - they have had their once in a generation referendum so that’s that "

Stop deceiving people with that bullshit. Or show where it was promised.

over a year ago

Sorry you need to be precise with your original statement if you are then going to claim

Whataboutery.

Sorry old bean

By *lashnannieCouple
over a year ago

Dundee

The suggestion that Scotland can't afford to be separate does not make sense when it is made by brexit supporters. We have heard for years now how much better off we will be breaking away from a larger economy, but it doesn't apply to Scotland. So many countries have become independent, including many colonies, and I haven't noticed any in the industrial world that do not now have a better standard of living than when they started. Get a grip people, it would be a step into the unknown, same as brexit

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"The suggestion that Scotland can't afford to be separate does not make sense when it is made by brexit supporters. We have heard for years now how much better off we will be breaking away from a larger economy, but it doesn't apply to Scotland. So many countries have become independent, including many colonies, and I haven't noticed any in the industrial world that do not now have a better standard of living than when they started. Get a grip people, it would be a step into the unknown, same as brexit"

It’s simple mathematics . Scotland can never afford to go it alone

over a year ago

"The suggestion that Scotland can't afford to be separate does not make sense when it is made by brexit supporters. We have heard for years now how much better off we will be breaking away from a larger economy, but it doesn't apply to Scotland. So many countries have become independent, including many colonies, and I haven't noticed any in the industrial world that do not now have a better standard of living than when they started. Get a grip people, it would be a step into the unknown, same as brexit"

If Scotland want to split from the rest of the UK that is their choice, but don't fool yourself into calling it independence.

over a year ago

"The suggestion that Scotland can't afford to be separate does not make sense when it is made by brexit supporters. We have heard for years now how much better off we will be breaking away from a larger economy, but it doesn't apply to Scotland. So many countries have become independent, including many colonies, and I haven't noticed any in the industrial world that do not now have a better standard of living than when they started. Get a grip people, it would be a step into the unknown, same as brexit

It’s simple mathematics . Scotland can never afford to go it alone"

Please enlighten us with your simple mathematics as to why scotland can never afford it ?

over a year ago

I dont want Scotland or Ireland to leave the UK but, this will eventually happen within atleast 5-10 years.

over a year ago

"The suggestion that Scotland can't afford to be separate does not make sense when it is made by brexit supporters. We have heard for years now how much better off we will be breaking away from a larger economy, but it doesn't apply to Scotland. So many countries have become independent, including many colonies, and I haven't noticed any in the industrial world that do not now have a better standard of living than when they started. Get a grip people, it would be a step into the unknown, same as brexit

It’s simple mathematics . Scotland can never afford to go it alone"

Plenty of smaller populations than Scotland have made a go of it . Theyll be just fine away from the enforced relationship with Emgland .

Post new Message to Thread