Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Rees-Mogg: the invisible man.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anybody noticed he's vanished off the face of the Earth since his incredibly ill-judged comments about Grenfell victims? Where are the Tories hiding him?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Ive noticed a few invisible mp,s from both sides this election Emily thornberry being the main one ive missed,couldnt keep her off the box a few weeks ago.

over a year ago

"Ive noticed a few invisible mp,s from both sides this election Emily thornberry being the main one ive missed,couldnt keep her off the box a few weeks ago. "

A quick google shows some recent results for her, though. but google shows nothing recent for Mogg. The Tories are clearly trying to keep him out of view.

On a side note, Thornberry sounds a bit like a mistress or tv name, doesn't it?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Ive noticed a few invisible mp,s from both sides this election Emily thornberry being the main one ive missed,couldnt keep her off the box a few weeks ago.

A quick google shows some recent results for her, though. but google shows nothing recent for Mogg. The Tories are clearly trying to keep him out of view.

On a side note, Thornberry sounds a bit like a mistress or tv name, doesn't it?"

JRM has been out in his constituency this week. Photos of him yesterday and the day before are easily found.

Maybe you should change your Google?

over a year ago

"Ive noticed a few invisible mp,s from both sides this election Emily thornberry being the main one ive missed,couldnt keep her off the box a few weeks ago.

On a side note, Thornberry sounds a bit like a mistress or tv name, doesn't it?

JRM has been out in his constituency this week. Photos of him yesterday and the day before are easily found.

Maybe you should change your Google?

"

I can't find recent stuff on him at all. How odd.

By *isandhers691127Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Cummings has nailed him in his coffin until it's over.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

When your objective is to win working-class seats from Labour, the last person you would want fronting your campaign is some snotty, out-of-touch, pseudo-aristocratic.

The stories of Mogg standing in Central Fife in the 1980s are legendary. Bentley, nanny and top hat in a mining constituency that once elected a member of the communist party as MP. He was lucky to get out alive.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When your objective is to win working-class seats from Labour, the last person you would want fronting your campaign is some snotty, out-of-touch, pseudo-aristocratic.

The stories of Mogg standing in Central Fife in the 1980s are legendary. Bentley, nanny and top hat in a mining constituency that once elected a member of the communist party as MP. He was lucky to get out alive."

He's a bog standard Tory, but in a top hat.

He would start shooting poor people from the he balcony of his mansion if it was cheaper than using clay pigeons. And people would still vote him in.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Henry McLeish, the Labour candidate, tells a great story about shepherding Mogg out of a hustings event.

Mogg had made some outrageous comments about people on benefits (in a constituency devastated by pit closures) and the mood among the audience was so hostile that Mogg had to be smuggled out.

over a year ago

"When your objective is to win working-class seats from Labour, the last person you would want fronting your campaign is some snotty, out-of-touch, pseudo-aristocratic.

The stories of Mogg standing in Central Fife in the 1980s are legendary. Bentley, nanny and top hat in a mining constituency that once elected a member of the communist party as MP. He was lucky to get out alive."

lol

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Where is Diane Abbott then?

over a year ago

"Where is Diane Abbott then?"

She has been less visible for a while too, hasn't she? I notice she's been moved further away from Corbyn as well.

over a year ago

"Where is Diane Abbott then?"

What?

over a year ago

"Where is Diane Abbott then?

She has been less visible for a while too, hasn't she? I notice she's been moved further away from Corbyn as well. "

It doesn't feel like she's been locked in a cellar until the election's over, though. That's the full Rees-Mogg treatment. I think Abbott just hasn't been in the inner circle for a while now.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Labour will be doing exactly what the Conservative Party is doing - deciding who is media-friendly and who is a liability, and putting forward their spokespeople accordingly.

Abbot is to Labour what Rees Mogg is to the Tories.

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

She has been less visible for a while too, hasn't she? I notice she's been moved further away from Corbyn as well.

It doesn't feel like she's been locked in a cellar until the election's over, though. That's the full Rees-Mogg treatment. I think Abbott just hasn't been in the inner circle for a while now."

yes, haven't see her for three weeks, well that must be 105 days, oh let me think, no that's 365 days less bank holidays, yes 4 weeks

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

It doesn't feel like she's been locked in a cellar until the election's over, though. That's the full Rees-Mogg treatment. I think Abbott just hasn't been in the inner circle for a while now.

yes, haven't see her for three weeks, well that must be 105 days, oh let me think, no that's 365 days less bank holidays, yes 4 weeks "

over a year ago

yes, haven't see her for three weeks, well that must be 105 days, oh let me think, no that's 365 days less bank holidays, yes 4 weeks "

lol

over a year ago

Ouch

Post new Message to Thread