Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Farage gets results

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If Farage or your favoured leader, had fought the legal action in the Supreme Court, with yesterdays results, instead of Gina Miller, what differences would there be in yours, the media and public perceptions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If Farage or your favoured leader, had fought the legal action in the Supreme Court, with yesterdays results, instead of Gina Miller, what differences would there be in yours, the media and public perceptions?"

Leader of the free world's democracy, a Knight in democratic armour, standing up for the people against the elite... that sorta stuff

By *laytimenowMan
over a year ago

Essex

Bloke from Pub Spouts Gibberish

Nonsense gets Drink thrown over him

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If that result had arisen due to a Brexiteer's legal action, then there would have been a very different tone, than the enemies of the people shite that's been contaminating the public arena. Farage would have been recommended for a triple knighthood

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Anyway, prorogation had nothing to do with Brekshit, so I don't understand the fuss being made by the Brextremists.

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

"If Farage or your favoured leader, had fought the legal action in the Supreme Court, with yesterdays results, instead of Gina Miller, what differences would there be in yours, the media and public perceptions?"

The BBC would be foaming at the mouth, for a start!

The public would be saying "Good old Nigel, taking on the elite and winning."

But our "unbiassed" Judiciary would never agree with anything Nigel proposed, would they? After all, they are the most elite of the elitists, with the most to lose if people power really took off.

Time to make Judges submit to election every 5 years, say. If they don't do their job neutrally - or hand out pathetic sentences to criminals - then we can throw them out.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"If Farage or your favoured leader, had fought the legal action in the Supreme Court, with yesterdays results, instead of Gina Miller, what differences would there be in yours, the media and public perceptions?

But our "unbiassed" Judiciary would never agree with anything Nigel proposed, would they? After all, they are the most elite of the elitists, with the most to lose if people power really took off.

Time to make Judges submit to election every 5 years, say. If they don't do their job neutrally - or hand out pathetic sentences to criminals - then we can throw them out. "

Nigel Farage is the elite.

Nigel Farage supports the verdict of the Supreme Court.

After all, prorogation was nothing to do with Brexit, right?

How are judges running for office going to encourage neutrality? That is gibberish.

over a year ago

Farage is a cu*t who is making an absolute fortune sitting there not voting on anything taking the piss out of the system

over a year ago

"If Farage or your favoured leader, had fought the legal action in the Supreme Court, with yesterdays results, instead of Gina Miller, what differences would there be in yours, the media and public perceptions?

Time to make Judges submit to election every 5 years, say. If they don't do their job neutrally - or hand out pathetic sentences to criminals - then we can throw them out. "

You are rattled??

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Politicians sitting as judges? Are you mad?

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

"Farage is a cu*t who is making an absolute fortune sitting there not voting on anything taking the piss out of the system "

Farage is an odious toad, but the ones taking the piss out of the system are those that aren't representative of the views of their constituents. Look at Birmingham Yardley for an excellent example where 60% voted one way but their MP still supports the other

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"Farage is a cu*t who is making an absolute fortune sitting there not voting on anything taking the piss out of the system

Farage is an odious toad, but the ones taking the piss out of the system are those that aren't representative of the views of their constituents. Look at Birmingham Yardley for an excellent example where 60% voted one way but their MP still supports the other"

Given that the MP was elected by the same voters AFTER the referendum, I fail to see your point.

If it was that important to them, rather than you, they would have returned someone else, surely.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"Farage is a cu*t who is making an absolute fortune sitting there not voting on anything taking the piss out of the system "

yet those in brussels wont fix that system...why is that?? ah yea they All Have there snouts in the trough lol love how remainers and leavers are biased towatds there own..u di realise there all there to make there own lives better before anything else.same the world over

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

"Farage is a cu*t who is making an absolute fortune sitting there not voting on anything taking the piss out of the system

Farage is an odious toad, but the ones taking the piss out of the system are those that aren't representative of the views of their constituents. Look at Birmingham Yardley for an excellent example where 60% voted one way but their MP still supports the other

Given that the MP was elected by the same voters AFTER the referendum, I fail to see your point.

If it was that important to them, rather than you, they would have returned someone else, surely."

No , because traditionally voters vote for parties rather than individuals which is why it was unfortunate that the Libs didn't have the courage of their convictions and demand PR

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

If it was that important to them, rather than you, they would have returned someone else, surely."

And if this is actually the case, a conservative government that supports leaving was re-elected meaning another referendum isn't needed?

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

If it was that important to them, rather than you, they would have returned someone else, surely.

And if this is actually the case, a conservative government that supports leaving was re-elected meaning another referendum isn't needed?"

It is the Conservative MPs who stopped the UK from leaving on March 29.

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

And if this is actually the case, a conservative government that supports leaving was re-elected meaning another referendum isn't needed?

It is the Conservative MPs who stopped the UK from leaving on March 29."

Who are now deselected but because our electoral system is flawed are still claiming their expenses out of the coffers

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

And if this is actually the case, a conservative government that supports leaving was re-elected meaning another referendum isn't needed?"

The Conservative party moved from having a majority to forming a minority government with a confidence and supply pact with the DUP in exchange for £1bn that previously didn't exist.

The votes moved in exactly the opposite direction to your claim.

Up is down. Left is right. The new reality of doublespeak.

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

The Conservative party moved from having a majority to forming a minority government with a confidence and supply pact with the DUP in exchange for £1bn that previously didn't exist.

Up is down. Left is right. The new reality of doublespeak."

I didn't claim any movement of votes, read again. All I said was that the conservatives were re-elected, which they were.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

I didn't claim any movement of votes, read again. All I said was that the conservatives were re-elected, which they were. "

Actually, fewer Conservatives were re-elected.

"The Conservative party moved from having a majority to forming a minority government..."

Their position was not supported by the population. It lost support.

You understand what "lost votes" and "minority means".

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

I didn't claim any movement of votes, read again. All I said was that the conservatives were re-elected, which they were.

"The Conservative party moved from having a majority to forming a minority government..."

You understand what "lost votes" and "minority means"."

I do indeed. Thank you for being condescending. You do understand that the conservatives are still the party with most MPs despite expelling 21 MPs and others leaving to change parties despite being elected for that party?

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

I do indeed. Thank you for being condescending. You do understand that the conservatives are still the party with most MPs despite expelling 21 MPs and others leaving to change parties despite being elected for that party?"

Their Brexit policy was not supported when put to the people.

It has less support now from its own MPs.

If you continue to argue furiously that black is white then mockery is all that is left.

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

I do indeed. Thank you for being condescending. You do understand that the conservatives are still the party with most MPs despite expelling 21 MPs and others leaving to change parties despite being elected for that party?

If you continue to argue furiously that black is white then mockery is all that is left."

Thank you for demonstrating the issues with the system we have

By *avagliamMan
over a year ago

London

Who the fuck is farage?... I only know one cunt called Fartage; trust me you don't wanna meet him: he has small cock complex and farts like rotten eggs

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

If you continue to argue furiously that black is white then mockery is all that is left.

Thank you for demonstrating the issues with the system we have"

Issues with the system?

The issue is not being able to find a sensible strategy because there was a referendum with an unspecified outcome.

Q: Do you want to pay no tax but have the same services?

A: Yes. Now get it done.

What's your solution?

Post new Message to Thread