Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Climate change speech .

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

First we had Malala (the girl shot by the taliban thugs in Pakistan) speaking out for education for girls, now we have Greta Thunberg,a child giving a powerful speech on climate change. Seems children make the best political speeches

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

Children also make the best spokespersons for these protest groups. They are litterally unchallengable and politicians will fawn over them. What better exposure and marketing can you get, superb strategy.

Greta comes from an eco family, she is born into the eco lifestyle ideology. The family are quite rightly living the eco dream and practice what they preach. Fair play to them they do not even fly on aircraft and seldom use their electric car!

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

It's how society has made progress throughout history.

A new generation emerges and challenges the prevailing orthodoxy.

The older generation always tries to cling on to their way before eventually being swept aside.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's how society has made progress throughout history.

The older generation always tries to cling on to their way before eventually being swept aside."

Very true we are at that point now.Its come just in time to prevent the catastrophe the youth of today will have to deal with .

Climate change and environmentalism is explained at school in great detail according to my kids.They both will be green voters as they know it's the issue that will define their lives .

over a year ago

The older generation always tries to cling on to their way before eventually being swept aside."

Ah but the problems are that when I was a kid we only had 1 telly in the house no electric washing machine no central heating no car and we walked everywhere

It’s not so much the average older person it’s big businesses who are destroying the planet for pure profit.

Beauty products are one major problem so how many females are going to give up their concealer and other makeup they insist on troweling onto their faces ?

Or all of the fancy hair products all containing palm oil!

A good start would be to stop chopping down the forests which are the lungs of the world

over a year ago

We need MORE awareness of global warming. If only there was a disruptive protest going on somewhere. I could do with making a few banners, using gallons of paint and glue and also causing a few traffic jams. So...flight to london luton...check,

Hire a 4l v8 rangerover to get to site of protest......check

smug look on my ugly mug....check!

I'm good to go!!

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"We need MORE awareness of global warming. If only there was a disruptive protest going on somewhere. I could do with making a few banners, using gallons of paint and glue and also causing a few traffic jams. So...flight to london luton...check,

I'm good to go!!"

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

The older generation always tries to cling on to their way before eventually being swept aside.

Ah but the problems are that when I was a kid we only had 1 telly in the house no electric washing machine no central heating no car and we walked everywhere

It’s not so much the average older person it’s big businesses who are destroying the planet for pure profit.

Beauty products are one major problem so how many females are going to give up their concealer and other makeup they insist on troweling onto their faces ?

Or all of the fancy hair products all containing palm oil!

A good start would be to stop chopping down the forests which are the lungs of the world "

Some of that is true, but around 50% of palm oil imported into Europe goes to make bio diesel.

All because the "environmentalists" at the EU set a target for "renewable" fuel that was unachievable without it.

The law of unintended consequences and all that.

over a year ago

Yeah... not to mention the ozone layer or summink and da inviramint innit

over a year ago

"Ah but the problems are that when I was a kid we only had 1 telly in the house no electric washing machine no central heating no car and we walked everywhere "

Just to stop on this spew of crap the older generation likes to pull out as an excuse as to why they are better, the whole "we had less growing up" crap, etc, you do realise technology is more efficient now right? Light bulbs alone today use less than 10% of energy that a light bulb from your era did, we have bigger TVs now but they still consume only roughly 33% or less energy compared to the old CRTs, washing machines use roughly 50% less than they did 40 years ago, etc.

So please, don't try that cop out as if it somehow makes you better in the past because you think children are spoiled these days and thus don't have a right to say.

over a year ago

"We need MORE awareness of global warming. If only there was a disruptive protest going on somewhere. I could do with making a few banners, using gallons of paint and glue and also causing a few traffic jams. So...flight to london luton...check,

I'm good to go!!"

Of course when swampy ties himself to a tree and spends his time living in the forest drinking from muddy puddles and protests ..Hes a "weirdo " and can be ignored When young guy who lives in a city and drinks lattes and protests they can also be ignored .I wonder who the fuck is acceptable to these fuckers.

over a year ago

Scandinavian children have them glued (lol) to their television sets apparently. More coverage for her than the stack of innocent people getting killed in Yemen or Gaza....good to get the priorities in order...good old lame stream media

over a year ago

"Scandinavian children have them glued (lol) to their television sets apparently. More coverage for her than the stack of innocent people getting killed in Yemen or Gaza....good to get the priorities in order...good old lame stream media"

Whataboutery alert

Whataboutery alerrt !

over a year ago

"Scandinavian children have them glued (lol) to their television sets apparently. More coverage for her than the stack of innocent people getting killed in Yemen or Gaza....good to get the priorities in order...good old lame stream media"

It's funny how lame people always bring up what about-isms, as if we shouldn't be allowed to fight for one cause unless we fight for all causes at the same time, really good way to divide people on blame, almost as if you want to shame a country for putting the planets ecosystem as a priority instead of the many ongoing money wars.

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

[Removed by poster at 25/04/19 13:27:11]

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

As a green voter Bob, I am pretty sure your children will vote green. They have the benefit of living an eco lifestyle no doubt and they learn lots from your green credentials.

over a year ago

"Scandinavian children have them glued (lol) to their television sets apparently. More coverage for her than the stack of innocent people getting killed in Yemen or Gaza....good to get the priorities in order...good old lame stream media

It's funny how lame people always bring up what about-isms, as if we shouldn't be allowed to fight for one cause unless we fight for all causes at the same time, really good

way to divide people on blame, almost as if you want to shame a country for putting the planets ecosystem as a priority instead of the many ongoing money wars. "

global warming comes in at about 300 on my list of priorities...just below the hot topics of ...why are crunchy nut cornflakes so tasty, can you really get quicker than a quick-fit fitter and the mega important issue of....is it possible for humans to fart AND burp at exactly the same time.... somewhere near the top would be global military conflict....which incidentally fucks a shit ton of chemicals, depleted uranium and other bad shit into the ground and the air.

over a year ago

"Scandinavian children have them glued (lol) to their television sets apparently. More coverage for her than the stack of innocent people getting killed in Yemen or Gaza....good to get the priorities in order...good old lame stream media

It's funny how lame people always bring up what about-isms, as if we shouldn't be allowed to fight for one cause unless we fight for all causes at the same time, really good

way to divide people on blame, almost as if you want to shame a country for putting the planets ecosystem as a priority instead of the many ongoing money wars.

global warming comes in at about 300 on my list of priorities...just below the hot topics of ...why are crunchy nut cornflakes so tasty, can you really get quicker than a quick-fit fitter and the mega important issue of....is it possible for humans to fart AND burp at exactly the same time.... somewhere near the top would be global military conflict....which incidentally fucks a shit ton of chemicals, depleted uranium and other bad shit into the ground and the air. "

You'll be pleased to know if you google climate change and Syrian civil war you'll be able to move climate change to the top if your interested in stopping wars.

Climate change is a threat multiplier for instability and war.

over a year ago

I said global warming bob!!!

over a year ago

"I said global warming bob!!! "

We greens prefer "climate change" .As the deniers keep telling us it's cold this winter as a strategy and producing snowballs as evidence it's a hoax.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Children also make the best spokespersons for these protest groups. They are litterally unchallengable and politicians will fawn over them. What better exposure and marketing can you get, superb strategy.

Greta comes from an eco family, she is born into the eco lifestyle ideology. The family are quite rightly living the eco dream and practice what they preach. Fair play to them they do not even fly on aircraft and seldom use their electric car!

"

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I would love to agree with this but I was a hippy and believed in peace and love and living of the land,but over the years like most had my dreams shattered and became a cynic.My beliefs do not change but believe that society will only change when it has to and will leave things to the last minute.

As humans we are greedy and self scented in so many ways,and do believe that life as we know it on earth will be gone in 30 to 50 years due to the global society and yes structures like the EU.They are all geared to economic development which most want.This is not what we need.

This topic now becomes to big for a forum but all I ask that you reflect on what I say and not knock me down like you normally do as most of you do not understand my thinking sadly.If you cannot then I have got to a point in my life that I know the world is doomed umless we all change our ways

over a year ago

"I said global warming bob!!!

We greens prefer "climate change" .As the deniers keep telling us it's cold this winter as a strategy and producing snowballs as evidence it's a hoax.

"

well bob...my tan lines will tell a different story. And to be fair to deniers....you should never put words into their mouths and make them use the words you would rather hear. That's commie-nazi-isim or sumfink

over a year ago

"I said global warming bob!!!

well bob...my tan lines will tell a different story. And to be fair to deniers....you should never put words into their mouths and make them use the words you would rather hear. That's commie-nazi-isim or sumfink"

You well know why global warming was changed to climate change.

Adding heat to the atmosphere increases the moisture in the atmosphere via evaporation more energy means more rain more snowfall and bigger hurricanes and extreme weather events.

It's counterintuitive that warming the atmosphere will lead to bigger snow falls .

So it got dumbed down so the masses could get their head round it.

It's all to much science for most and as I said counterintuitive.However extreme weather events are all part of "global warming model" including more snow

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's great that adults are starting to listen a little better to younger people, who clearly have more of their lives ahead of them but are impacted by our negative lifestyles.

Listening and learning is important

over a year ago

I thought it was depletion of the ozone layer from lynx cans and fridge doors causing more ultra violet sun rays into the earth's atmosphere thus causing global surface temperatures to rise, the sea to simmer and ambre-solaire share prices to sky rocket... live and learn eh?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

They are not eco protesters they are self centred. low life. thugs who stopped honest hard working people from doing the job they wish to do ...most of them total hypocrites....absolute james blunts

over a year ago

"I thought it was depletion of the ozone layer from lynx cans and fridge doors causing more ultra violet sun rays into the earth's atmosphere thus causing global surface temperatures to rise, the sea to simmer and ambre-solaire share prices to sky rocket... live and learn eh? "

Every day is a school day bro.

With regard the ozone layer The Northern Hemisphere should be fully fixed by the 2030s and Antarctica by the 2060s.Its a good example of what global agreements can achieve.

over a year ago

What? Those boffins worked out a way to fix the ozone layer? Well bugger me with a quorn sausage....i never knew! What did they use? 8x4 sheets of hemp? Sustainable plywood and dolphin friendly super glue? Or did they just science the hell out of it? Something that took since the industrial revolution to destroy only took a few years to fix? That IS impressive!

So one problem goes away and another presents itself? What rotten luck.

We need activists (judging by the instinction rebels) who are mostly white, middle class, home counties toffs to fix this new problem.

Sorry extinction...

over a year ago

"What? Those boffins worked out a way to fix the ozone layer? Well bugger me with a quorn sausage....i never knew! What did they use? 8x4 sheets of hemp? Sustainable plywood and dolphin friendly super glue? Or did they just science the hell out of it? Something that took since the industrial revolution to destroy only took a few years to fix? That IS impressive!

So one problem goes away and another presents itself? What rotten luck.

We need activists (judging by the instinction rebels) who are mostly white, middle class, home counties toffs to fix this new problem.

Sorry extinction..."

Swampy and his crew discovered the solution as they don't use deodorant or have leccy to power fridges so the ozone layer above their wig wam was intact.So he told the boffins and hey presto allah Kazaaam the world decided to ban CFCs and it'll all be sorted in 50 years.

Everyday is a school day.

over a year ago

Swampy is one sweatty, dark dwelling, room temperature beer swilling genius!

So in 50 years we will all be free of global warming? I'm going on the solar powered interweb right now to book my Summer of 69 skiing holiday in Jamaica! Snow mobile rides will make beach donkeys redundant...there's always a casualty in these things. But hey... at least the few dozen remaining polar bears will enjoy some delicious Jen and Berries ice

cream in the tropical north pole.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"Ah but the problems are that when I was a kid we only had 1 telly in the house no electric washing machine no central heating no car and we walked everywhere

Just to stop on this spew of crap the older generation likes to pull out as an excuse as to why they are better, the whole "we had less growing up" crap, etc, you do realise technology is more efficient now right? Light bulbs alone today use less than 10% of energy that a light bulb from your era did, we have bigger TVs now but they still consume only roughly 33% or less energy compared to the old CRTs, washing machines use roughly 50% less than they did 40 years ago, etc.

So please, don't try that cop out as if it somehow makes you better in the past because you think children are spoiled these days and thus don't have a right to say. "

How much less energy do the mobile phones, laptops, desktops and tablets consume now than they did 40 years ago?

In 1984, less than 10% of households had a computer (it's now over 90%), there were no such things as laptops, tablets and mobile phones ... the first mobile phone network was not launched until 1985 (restricted to London)..

I read an article the other day that said the average power used recharging a mobile phone and a tablet each year is 75 to 80kWh. The average home consumes about 20,000 kWh.

So, about 250 people with a mobile phone and a tablet could power one house every year.

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"As a green voter Bob, I am pretty sure your children will vote green. They have the benefit of living an eco lifestyle no doubt and they learn lots from your green credentials. "

What a Howler, if only you knew

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Ah but the problems are that when I was a kid we only had 1 telly in the house no electric washing machine no central heating no car and we walked everywhere

So please, don't try that cop out as if it somehow makes you better in the past because you think children are spoiled these days and thus don't have a right to say.

How much less energy do the mobile phones, laptops, desktops and tablets consume now than they did 40 years ago?

In 1984, less than 10% of households had a computer (it's now over 90%), there were no such things as laptops, tablets and mobile phones ... the first mobile phone network was not launched until 1985 (restricted to London)..

I read an article the other day that said the average power used recharging a mobile phone and a tablet each year is 75 to 80kWh. The average home consumes about 20,000 kWh.

So, about 250 people with a mobile phone and a tablet could power one house every year.

"

Time to reduce our usage, Its time to get rid our addiction to technology.

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

"As a green voter Bob, I am pretty sure your children will vote green. They have the benefit of living an eco lifestyle no doubt and they learn lots from your green credentials. .

What a Howler, if only you knew "

I was being sincere and polite, Parents raise there children as they see fit.

over a year ago

canterbury

Swampy now lives in a mansion in the country flying around the world prompting...green issues.....great job m8

over a year ago

Swampy still lives in britain? I thought he'd moved to the maldives to help the locals flee the islands before they went underwater! The same maldives that were supposed to be underwater in 2015....then changed to 2030. Perhaps he's landed a contract to help build the new airport runway and several hundred new homes. I just hope they make the new infrastructure waterproof and buoyant.

But don't knock the guy....he fixed global warming

over a year ago

"Swampy still lives in britain? I thought he'd moved to the maldives to help the locals flee the islands before they went underwater! The same maldives that were supposed to be underwater in 2015....then changed to 2030. Perhaps he's landed a contract to help build the new airport runway and several hundred new homes. I just hope they make the new infrastructure waterproof and buoyant.

But don't knock the guy....he fixed global warming "

over a year ago

Tell ya what, folks, I'm seriously considering flitting to sunny Bournemouth where even the 'builders bricklayers' only seem to work a one hour (or so) day/week/.....!!

Just sayin'........

over a year ago

"Swampy still lives in britain? I thought he'd moved to the maldives to help the locals flee the islands before they went underwater! The same maldives that were supposed to be underwater in 2015....then changed to 2030. Perhaps he's landed a contract to help build the new airport runway and several hundred new homes. I just hope they make the new infrastructure waterproof and buoyant.

Trust in swampy it's those conspiracy theories you need to stay away from.The interwebs can make you do open minded your brain is in danger of falling out and the next thing you know your on a flat earth riding on the back of a turtle.

Stay woke bro...

over a year ago

Cheers bob. I really must stop my subscription to the whacky conspiracy theorists of the guardian. When what's left of my brain falls out i'll team up with swampy and the green rebellion. After i remove all my capital investment in the maldives just before the group of islands disappear under the fast rising indian ocean. I only have until 2030 to get my cash back.....dunno if that's half past eight this evening or in eleven years from now but i must act now!!

over a year ago

"Cheers bob. I really must stop my subscription to the whacky conspiracy theorists of the guardian. When what's left of my brain falls out i'll team up with swampy and the green rebellion. After i remove all my capital investment in the maldives just before the group of islands disappear under the fast rising indian ocean. I only have until 2030 to get my cash back.....dunno if that's half past eight this evening or in eleven years from now but i must act now!!"

Your welcome popster.Its a great time to invest in crypto currency they are waterproof apparently and can be sent anywhere even off world.

You'll be fine if you invest in the future it's the only destination this planet is going.I have confidence we'll all be ok if we listen to the boffins at NASA I'm so confident I live 500 yards from the beach.

Stay woke bro.

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"Tell ya what, folks, I'm seriously considering flitting to sunny Bournemouth where even the 'builders bricklayers' only seem to work a one hour (or so) day/week/.....!!

Just sayin'........"

Ooooof

over a year ago

"Tell ya what, folks, I'm seriously considering flitting to sunny Bournemouth where even the 'builders bricklayers' only seem to work a one hour (or so) day/week/.....!!

Just sayin'.........

Ooooof "

I suppose I should respond out of politeness.

My dad always said while their talking about you son and making shit up .Let them because while their bitching about you someone less fortunate is having a day off from their bullshit.

Water off a ducks back gentlemen and I'm more happy to be your target if it helps someone else have a day off.

Stay beautiful people .

over a year ago

Just sayin'.........

Ooooof

My dad always said while their talking about you son and making shit up .Let them because while their bitching about you someone less fortunate is having a day off from their bullshit.

Water off a ducks back gentlemen and I'm more happy to be your target if it helps someone else have a day off.

Stay beautiful people . "

An 'impervious troll' with nowt but mockery from the pen of.

Just stating.

over a year ago

Just sayin'.........

Ooooof

Stay beautiful people .

An 'impervious troll' with nowt but mockery from the pen of.

Just stating."

Carry on if you like..

over a year ago

canterbury

Bloody hell from what I hear ..that Noah geezer was so far ahead of his time

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

He's only got time for the forums, it's all work work work

over a year ago

"He's only got time for the forums, it's all work work work "

Are your eyes green by any chance..

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"He's only got time for the forums, it's all work work work

Are your eyes green by any chance.. "

No red

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

Is that the same Maldives where there has been massive investment, new housing projects, a new airport and insurance companies/investors are falling over each other to get the business. Pretty odd I would say for a place due to be underwater by 2000, or was it 2010, 2020 no I got it wrong 2030!

over a year ago

"He's only got time for the forums, it's all work work work

Are your eyes green by any chance.. .

No red "

You can get eye drops for that. .

over a year ago

"First we had Malala (the girl shot by the taliban thugs in Pakistan) speaking out for education for girls, now we have Greta Thunberg,a child giving a powerful speech on climate change. Seems children make the best political speeches"

Did you know her family owns a chain of schools and did so before she was shot? Strange that, eh? Liberals love it when children make political speeches - they can understand the short words a helluva lot easier than the long ones that adults use

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

But don't knock the guy....he fixed global warming

Is that the same Maldives where there has been massive investment, new housing projects, a new airport and insurance companies/investors are falling over each other to get the business. Pretty odd I would say for a place due to be underwater by 2000, or was it 2010, 2020 no I got it wrong 2030!"

Don't forget all those middle class greenies (plus the fake ones ), who insist on flying there for a few weeks in the sun while offsetting there Carbon by planting some trees.

Because thats the main problem with the old greensters, they don't mean they should give up driving and flying, they mean you should... For the sake of the children obviously!.

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

For those that like arithmetic and real solutions, theres a numbers problem.

Population density X usage pp, it's 1.35 Watts per square meter.

Bio fuels 0.4w PSM, so if we grew bio fuels over every square meter we'd just have to reduce power consumption by 70% and we'd be laughing, of course we wouldn't be eating or drinking or living in houses but hell think of saving the planet.

Or there's wind power 2.6 Watts per square meter, that's good we only have to cover 45% of the country in wind mills and were laughing.

Or solar 5 Watts per square, tidal pool at 3.2 Watts per square meter, solar desert farms at 18watts per square meter, alas we haven't any deserts but we could ask Mongolia and then loose 20% in long distance losses?.

Or there's nuclear at 1000 Watts per square meter, just don't fuck about to much like at windscale or you'll irradiate half of the lake District like last time.

Still I'm sure gluing your middle class arms to electric trains is a good solution to

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Frankie boyle made a hilarious point, instead of going vegan, why don’t we become cannibals? Cut population and have something to eat at the same time? Tell you what carbon emissions will drop

over a year ago

I see bansky has leant his weigh behind extinction rebellion with a mural that reads.

"From this moment despair ends and tactics begin"

Good lad!

over a year ago

"For those that like arithmetic and real solutions, theres a numbers problem.

Bio fuels 0.4w PSM, so if we grew bio fuels over every square meter we'd just have to reduce power consumption by 70% and we'd be laughing, of course we wouldn't be eating or drinking or living in houses but hell think of saving the planet.

Or there's wind power 2.6 Watts per square meter, that's good we only have to cover 45% of the country in wind mills and were laughing.

Or solar 5 Watts per square, tidal pool at 3.2 Watts per square meter, solar desert farms at 18watts per square meter, alas we haven't any deserts but we could ask Mongolia and then loose 20% in long distance losses?.

Or there's nuclear at 1000 Watts per square meter, just don't fuck about to much like at windscale or you'll irradiate half of the lake District like last time.

Still I'm sure gluing your middle class arms to electric trains is a good solution to "

How effective were the early coal power stations? Sure some sources aren't great atm (I'm taking all your numbers as reliable and correct) but could they be a future source if not today's answer?

Also, do you have numbers for tidal?

over a year ago

"I see bansky has leant his weigh behind extinction rebellion with a mural that reads.

Good lad! "

What? Banksy has joined the Stinky Rebellion? That's a bit shortsighted of him. Does that mean he'll have to down tools because of all the oil based paint and chemicals he uses to work with?...causing harmful greenhouse gasses to destroy the ozone layer.... Causing the last few remaining and critically endangered polar bears to die off...causing the maldives, seychelles, hawaii and lower manhattan to disappear under the ocean.

Well fair play to banksy for making such a sacrifice. A small but important step along the journey of stopping global warming.

Banksy the stinky rebels salute you!!

over a year ago

Those pesky Germans generated 54.5 percent of electricity from renewable energy in March 2019.

Their goal being 65 percent by 2030 which they managed for 1 week in march.

vorsprung durch technik

over a year ago

"I see bansky has leant his weigh behind extinction rebellion with a mural that reads.

Good lad!

What? Banksy has joined the Stinky Rebellion? That's a bit shortsighted of him. Does that mean he'll have to down tools because of all the oil based paint and chemicals he uses to work with?...causing harmful greenhouse gasses to destroy the ozone layer.... Causing the last few remaining and critically endangered polar bears to die off...causing the maldives, seychelles, hawaii and lower manhattan to disappear under the ocean.

Well fair play to banksy for making such a sacrifice. A small but important step along the journey of stopping global warming.

Banksy the stinky rebels salute you!!"

He's a friend of stinky swampy.Hes been involved in the fight for decades .

In 2001 his mural 'Save or Delete Jungle Book', depicts Jungle Book characters from the jungle book awaiting execution against a backdrop of clear-felled devastation.

A classic of our age.

over a year ago

Ooohh cheerful for the kiddies! Nothing promotes awareness of global warming more than baloo facing a firing squad or mowglie stood atop the gallows or sherkhan strapped to an electric chair.

I feel a movie franchise coming on.

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"For those that like arithmetic and real solutions, theres a numbers problem.

Still I'm sure gluing your middle class arms to electric trains is a good solution to

How effective were the early coal power stations? Sure some sources aren't great atm (I'm taking all your numbers as reliable and correct) but could they be a future source if not today's answer?

Also, do you have numbers for tidal?

"

Theres physics involved in solar there about 15% efficient at the moment which is big gains from there original 2-5% but you can only get a single cell PV to a maximum of 34% or a doubling of there current output, you can do multilayer cells and get the efficiency up to 45% but it's costly and weighted.

Sourced from popular mechanics.

Lots of things are possible in the future and I'm all for it but it really is pointless in claiming everything is doable in 6 years, it simply isn't, people who claim we need a war like rebuilding solution simply don't understand physics or energy, rebuilding entire infrastructures today takes huge amounts of energy which at the moment 95% comes from fossil fuel, that means you have emit fuck loads of c02 to drastically lesson your output in the future.

The only real solution today is austerity for the masses therefore reducing consumption and maintaining the third world as third world until sometime in the future the technology becomes available at scale.

The very same people aren't so keen on that though either.

If the problem was easy to fix we wouldn't be where we are today.

Sure by all means regulate the fossil industry to the extreme but be prepared for the average life span to drop 25 years ban them but be prepared for every tree to be cut down from here to the Amazon.

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"Those pesky Germans generated 54.5 percent of electricity from renewable energy in March 2019.

Their goal being 65 percent by 2030 which they managed for 1 week in march.

vorsprung durch technik "

March is a particularly windy month,35% of that 54% came from wind power,12% from biomass (burning your rubbish) and hydro and and 7% from solar (march is a cloudy month).

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

Extinction rebellions number 1 demand is to tell the truth

over a year ago

Fabulous to see Emma Thompson fly over 5k miles to hook up with the stinky rebellion and demand an end to air travel for the masses.

Just think about the irony....

over a year ago

"Fabulous to see Emma Thompson fly over 5k miles to hook up with the stinky rebellion and demand an end to air travel for the masses.

Just think about the irony...."

Swampy went by canoe.

He's still hasn't arrived ..

over a year ago

A canoe made from the skin of the endangered Sloane Square Leopard or Mayfair Mink i'll bet!

Swampy would need to hurry up and join up with the stinky bellends or whatever they're called. The University easter hols will be over soon and all the foot soldiers will be needed back at the student union....activism never rests....not even on a gap year in south east asia

over a year ago

David Attenborough has promised to walk everywhere from now on ,he's hoping to get to the next filming location before he dies or the fluffy animals he's hoping to see go extinct.

Keeping it real...

over a year ago

If his next filming location is the mansion a few doors down to check out the cat population then his chances are excellent....anything beyond is a big gamble.

Post new Message to Thread