Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

No UK - US trade deal

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

US House of Representatives speaker Nancy Pelosi has said that there will be no trade deal between the US and the UK if Brexit harms the Good Friday agreement in Ireland, basically meaning a no deal Brexit or any agreement that includes a hard border will not be allowed if we want a trade deal.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Taking back control eh

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Realpolitik

over a year ago

There's always Russia ...Best friend of brexiters...

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Or a Democrat playing to the American Irish voters?

She also mentioned a seat for the Irish on the UN Security Council!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Or a Democrat playing to the American Irish voters?

"

not really.... the dems actually DO have the power to stop any US-UK trade deal... (or any other trade deal for that matter)

the trump administration get to negotiate any deal, but because under US law it is termed as a "money" matter" it has to go thru the house to be ratified.......

anyway i think it won't get to that stage because of the demands with regards the trump administration out forward especially in relation to agriculture...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/19 10:23:23]

over a year ago

Can we trust Americans not to bend us over the barrel with no lubricant ...????

over a year ago

"Can we trust Americans not to bend us over the barrel with no lubricant ...????

"

Well, historically the russians supported the miners and the Americans supported the IRA so we have no need to feel like we are about to get shafted royally do we?

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

"Can we trust Americans not to bend us over the barrel with no lubricant ...????

"

If history is anything to go by, no.

over a year ago

If history is anything to go by, no."

I wouldn't trust them yanks as far as I can spit.

First thing I learned in buisness is there are no friends in business. you're on your own .

This transatlantic friendship bullshit is a green light to be had over a barrel and our political classes are to desperate to realise they are being played like fools by the Americans..

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

I'm warming to the idea

over a year ago

I'm warming to the idea "

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

First thing I learned in buisness is there are no friends in business. you're on your own .

This transatlantic friendship bullshit is a green light to be had over a barrel and our political classes are to desperate to realise they are being played like fools by the Americans..

"

wouldn’t trust the yanks lol then who bob French Germans anyone else ?

over a year ago

wouldn’t trust the yanks lol then who bob French Germans anyone else ?"

I trust some of my family not all and that's about it.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

I trust some of my family not all and that's about it. "

can’t fault you bob I’m same but who you trust the most out of the Americans Germans or French ?

over a year ago

This transatlantic friendship bullshit is a green light to be had over a barrel and our political classes are to desperate to realise they are being played like fools by the Americans.. of

I trust some of my family not all and that's about it. can’t fault you bob I’m same but who you trust the most out of the Americans Germans or French ?"

Germans probably first then the French then the yanks in that order.The French are on par with the yanks to be fair .

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

America Germany and last France lol

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Probably the EU first, then the US, then China and a long way behind Russia.

over a year ago

Hmm, order of trust...

Norway, Sweden, Germany, Iceland, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, EU, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, China, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Mozambique, Botswana, Chad, Ethiopia, Vietnam, North Korea, Sudan,

"insert another 80 random countries"

America

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Three big trade blocs dominate.

USA, China and EU.

You're either writing the rules as one of those, or following them.

We gave up writing the rules in favour of following them.

This notion of Britain forging some new global regime for trade - it is just plain cuckoo.

over a year ago

"Three big trade blocs dominate.

USA, China and EU.

This notion of Britain forging some new global regime for trade - it is just plain cuckoo.

"

over a year ago

"US House of Representatives speaker Nancy Pelosi has said that there will be no trade deal between the US and the UK if Brexit harms the Good Friday agreement in Ireland, basically meaning a no deal Brexit or any agreement that includes a hard border will not be allowed if we want a trade deal.

"

No UK / US deal would be good news actually.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I trust some of my family not all and that's about it. can’t fault you bob I’m same but who you trust the most out of the Americans Germans or French ?"

It's but to trust none of but to cooperative with any of them who have interests that are aligned with our own. Normally I would that alignment of interests as America, France then Germany (although on any particular issue it can be different) but currently I think the alignment of interests is Germany, France then America.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

It's but ... *It's best.

By *aughtius MaximiusMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

No! I used to live in America. I still have American friends but I wouldn’t trust the US Government.

Most Americans have never heard of the “special relationship”. It means nothing to them. Most Americans couldn’t identify the U.K. on a map. Even before Trump there was and still is a very strong America first attitude.

over a year ago

No! I used to live in America. I still have American friends but I wouldn’t trust the US Government.

Most Americans have never heard of the “special relationship”. It means nothing to them. Most Americans couldn’t identify the U.K. on a map. Even before Trump there was and still is a very strong America first attitude. "

Yep

From an early age they start programming their young into the belief that America is he capital of the western world pledging allegiance to the flag and all that crap

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

She makes me laugh, there's quite a few of them in the democratic party now who are stark starring mad, crazy eyes, pocohantas, Abdul Omar, shit for brains, crazy Maxine, Kamala wakanda Harris.

It's truly the party of the insane lead by the mentally ill.

over a year ago

VIRTUE SIGNALLING ALERT!

VIRTUE SIGNALLING ALERT!

so much racism and xeno-wotsit going on in this thread. People 'ranking' foreign countries in order of who is trustworthy and good for business? Bigging up the countries that they like but openly discriminating against the ones they don't?

Surely we are all god's children and none are better than others....

cumbaya my lord cumbya!!

over a year ago

"VIRTUE SIGNALLING ALERT!

VIRTUE SIGNALLING ALERT!

so much racism and xeno-wotsit going on in this thread. People 'ranking' foreign countries in order of who is trustworthy and good for business? Bigging up the countries that they like but openly discriminating against the ones they don't?

Surely we are all god's children and none are better than others....

cumbaya my lord cumbya!!

"

Nah it's mostly atheists in here on the left and the right .

I know many from gods country are young earth creationists but they're anomalous on these islands.

over a year ago

Why would any other country put UK interests before their own ? I know it’s a rude awakening for Brexiteers but no one gives a toss about the UK - whatever importance the UK had in the past due to its colonial history is just that - history

Utter deluded madness to think the UK will be in control of anything if Brexit ever comes to pass

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"She makes me laugh, there's quite a few of them in the democratic party now who are stark starring mad, crazy eyes, pocohantas, Abdul Omar, shit for brains, crazy Maxine, Kamala wakanda Harris.

It's truly the party of the insane lead by the mentally ill."

you know why trump gives em nicknames.... it because hes scarred shitless of strong women.... as i am guessing you are if you have to parrot him....

over a year ago

He does it because he’s never evolved from having the mentality of a schoolyard bully and yes, totally agree that he’s scared of strong women - Nancy Pelosi is totally bossing him atm - so much fun to watch

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"Three big trade blocs dominate.

USA, China and EU.

"

This

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"She makes me laugh, there's quite a few of them in the democratic party now who are stark starring mad, crazy eyes, pocohantas, Abdul Omar, shit for brains, crazy Maxine, Kamala wakanda Harris.

It's truly the party of the insane lead by the mentally ill.

you know why trump gives em nicknames.... it because hes scarred shitless of strong women.... as i am guessing you are if you have to parrot him...."

Nah I love a strong woman like Candice Owens, brains, intelligence and wit.

These lot are just plain crazy and liars, Warren was her own downfall claiming native American ancestry when in fact she's only 2% native American,I mean Jesus I'm 4% neanderthal.

Maxine waters was truly embarrassing on the cspan coverage when she was grilling the banks over finance.

Owens kicked they're arses on everything, cspan has been marvelous over the last few weeks with old crazy eyes getting everything you could possibly get wrong, Abdul Omar still can't stop abusing Jews on Twitter and wakanda Harris wants to get rid of borders and ICE altogether.

They can't stop promising every dimwit who'll believe them free stuff cash and jobs from free college to reparations for slavery, I mean does Warren qualify .

Old trumpy will smash them out of the park come next year.

over a year ago

Just like he did in the mid-terms ?

By *he machinistMan
over a year ago

Stoke

"Just like he did in the mid-terms ?"

You don't vote for the president in the midterms!.

over a year ago

No but it was an informal vote for him, his party and his policies

Key Republicans lost in what were considered safe Republican seats - wasn’t called a blue wave for nothing

2020 ? Bring it x

The sooner that sad excuse for a President is kicked out of office and pursued by the Southern District of NY for his many crimes the better. Good riddance - he’s a low life sleaze and that’s almost a compliment ...

over a year ago

Sky bet has Trump 6/5fav... bernie, harris and biden (brrrrr...gives me the creeps) are 7/1 next nearest.

I think trump wins a 2nd term....assasination notwithstanding

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"US House of Representatives speaker Nancy Pelosi has said that there will be no trade deal between the US and the UK if Brexit harms the Good Friday agreement in Ireland, basically meaning a no deal Brexit or any agreement that includes a hard border will not be allowed if we want a trade deal.

No UK / US deal would be good news actually. "

Yep. A US deal would mean lowering food standards and opening the NHS up to being sold off.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Maybe the UK is helped by this. There is nothing new about the brexit issues really, as fairly comprehensive understandings seemed to be clear to most sane people, though some conservative politicians and others, seemed to want to bury their swivel eyed heads. £Millions has been spent on propaganda advertising for 3 years by very wealthy individuals and groups, conning people about what was possible. Some have been eager to be hoodwinked and become enablers of their own downfalls, for others' benefit.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Trump is now claiming that the NHS rips off the USA, the inference being there will be no trade deal unless the US gets full access to the whole of the NHS (that means the right to privatise and make profits from it).

Post new Message to Thread