Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

2nd referendum

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Continue here, the other one is filled up, would you vote again? Thumbs up from me, remain

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Continue here, the other one is filled up, would you vote again? Thumbs up from me, remain "

Yep

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would vote remain if it was an option.

Otherwise I would vote for the least damaging option available on the ballot.

But seriously, fuck another referendum. People will vote themselves into poverty for whatever reason they're told to.

over a year ago

If leave voters change their minds and vote remain....does that mean they aren't racist biggots anymore? Will Nissan, Honda, Jaguar landrover, BMW Mini and Dyson decide to increase their investment, create more jobs and make EVERY single household in Britain really wealthy again like they have been for centuries before?

Didn't vote in 2016...won't vote in 2019/20/21/22/23/24/25....(*delete as applicable)..

But i'm really enjoying the pantomime of left vs right and reading about people on fab losing their collective shit over brexit bollox.

Whatever the system, elites, powers that shouldn't be or put simply 'the man' wants then that's what'll happen....in my opinion anyway

over a year ago

No if they cant honor the first one then then why would want to vote again

By *ave 42Man
over a year ago

pontefract

"Continue here, the other one is filled up, would you vote again? Thumbs up from me, remain

Yep "

I voted leave but according to a lot of remainers im an uneducated racist thug

who didn’t know what I was doing so it’s a definite NO from me ??

over a year ago

"Continue here, the other one is filled up, would you vote again? Thumbs up from me, remain

Yep

who didn’t know what I was doing so it’s a definite NO from me ??"

Hopefully all brexiters feel the same and it's a landslide victory for remain when we have the inevitable second referendum.

The problem brexiters have in regard to being labelled racist thugs is if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.Unfortunate but that's life.

As a lefty green I get the label of Marxist tree hugging beta libtard.Its all good.

It's hard to find a fuck to give these days.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

With the fiasco that is British politics at the moment, and judging by discussions with friends, I think a lot of people will stop voting altogether which is sad really. However IF a second referendum happened and IF the European elections happen then I would expect a similar referendum result and probably more Brexit friendly MEPs.

over a year ago

"With the fiasco that is British politics at the moment, and judging by discussions with friends, I think a lot of people will stop voting altogether which is sad really. However IF a second referendum happened and IF the European elections happen then I would expect a similar referendum result and probably more Brexit friendly MEPs."

People who voted for this fiasco. Shouldn't be complaining.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"With the fiasco that is British politics at the moment, and judging by discussions with friends, I think a lot of people will stop voting altogether which is sad really. However IF a second referendum happened and IF the European elections happen then I would expect a similar referendum result and probably more Brexit friendly MEPs.

"

To my knowledge nobody voted for a fiasco whether leave or remain and it's people from both sides saying they will never vote again.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"With the fiasco that is British politics at the moment, and judging by discussions with friends, I think a lot of people will stop voting altogether which is sad really. However IF a second referendum happened and IF the European elections happen then I would expect a similar referendum result and probably more Brexit friendly MEPs.

To my knowledge nobody voted for a fiasco whether leave or remain and it's people from both sides saying they will never vote again."

Sadly, Leavers were wearing rose tinted spectacles and now seem to have collective amnesia. It was pretty obvious at the time of the Referendum that we were being lied to, and the liars in chief had no plans beyond Referendum Day. So I disagree that nobody voted for a fiasco, it seems 17.4 voters did.

over a year ago

"But seriously, fuck another referendum. People will vote themselves into poverty for whatever reason they're told to."

Honestly, this, the British public have shown they are easily duped if you appeal to the "good old days" that I'd expect them to vote to jump off the cliffs of Dover if it was dressed up nice enough!

over a year ago

"People will vote themselves into poverty for whatever reason they're told to.he cliffs of Dover if it was dressed up nice enough! "
I reckon sadly this too, they would rather drive into a wall then to turn left.

By *oopaandchampersCouple
over a year ago

St Johns

Germany trashed Europe twice in the last 100 years..my late dad 1920 '92 fought 6 years in that war he would be beside himself thinking that Germany France etc are now telling us how it is......we have become soft.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Germany trashed Europe twice in the last 100 years..my late dad 1920 '92 fought 6 years in that war he would be beside himself thinking that Germany France etc are now telling us how it is......we have become soft."

Sorry you lost your Dad, but don’t give us that baloney. Most people in the military want to avoid war, the EU does that. Nationalism does quite the opposite.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"Germany trashed Europe twice in the last 100 years..my late dad 1920 '92 fought 6 years in that war he would be beside himself thinking that Germany France etc are now telling us how it is......we have become soft."

Living on an island, we do not appreciate just how much more scarred the continent is by war than here.

People on the continent are living through the longest period of unbroken peace between states since the Romans left.

Co-operation between states instead of confrontation, the removal of barriers between people instead of militarised borders, the integration of their economies and currencies . . . it has bound society together in peace for the first time in millenia.

The UK is opting out of that. Fair enough. That is the island mindset. But we would do well to understand why our mindset is shaped by different influenced than those on the mainland.

By *ack4NinaCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthen

Lost of dad's fought in that war, but not for 6 years. The 1st World War was lasted 4 years from 1914 to 1918. Anyway, that was 100 years ago. Why so much rear viewing?

over a year ago

To my knowledge nobody voted for a fiasco whether leave or remain and it's people from both sides saying they will never vote again."

Nah your complicit in this toxic shit fountain .Just like every other leaver.

over a year ago

My ex’s late dad was a navigator in the second world war flying Lancasters and he ran his own business after the war until he passed away. He was a good businessman and actually got on very well with his german customers, even going to stay with them for short breaks. So lets just try and remember that we live in the year 2019 and have had peace in Europe pretty much since the end of the Second World War and that this has been fostered by closer cooperation between european countries rather than wrapping ourselves up in the cross of st george and reenacting old battles.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

To my knowledge nobody voted for a fiasco whether leave or remain and it's people from both sides saying they will never vote again.

Nah your complicit in this toxic shit fountain .Just like every other leaver. "

That's a bit of an assumption as I don't discuss how I vote.

over a year ago

Nah your complicit in this toxic shit fountain .Just like every other leaver.

That's a bit of an assumption as I don't discuss how I vote."

Apologies if you didn't vote leave but if you did I stand by my assertion.

By *orianGrey200Man
over a year ago

birmingham

I voted leave and would do again. No ifs ir buts.

over a year ago

"I voted leave and would do again. No ifs ir buts."

The more and more I read from leavers. The clearer it is that we just can't have referendums on things like membership of the EU.

All the reasons people cite for voting leave are completely bonkers and false. No one has learned anything.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I just dont care any more . I know it's important and I should care, but I just dont give a fuck any more !!

over a year ago

"Germany trashed Europe twice in the last 100 years..my late dad 1920 '92 fought 6 years in that war he would be beside himself thinking that Germany France etc are now telling us how it is......we have become soft.

My ex’s late dad was a navigator in the second world war flying Lancasters and he ran his own business after the war until he passed away. He was a good businessman

and actually got on very well with his german customers, even going to stay with them for short breaks. So lets just try and remember that we live in the year 2019 and have had peace in Europe pretty much since the end of the Second World War and that this has been fostered by closer cooperation between european countries rather than wrapping ourselves up in the cross of st george and

reenacting old battles."

yeah because patriotism and pride in one's country and the people in it is just downright racism and it sucks eh?

does the peace include the war in the balkans, break up of Yugoslavia, Kosovo, Bosnia and all that stuff in the mid 90's? More recently Ukraine and let's not forget the never ending war on terror.... really peaceful actually

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

If we had a second referendum and leave won would parliament honour it this time?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"I would vote remain if it was an option.

But seriously, fuck another referendum. People will vote themselves into poverty for whatever reason they're told to."

Voting for Corbyn in a general election is a vote for poverty 1000% certain,yes I did say one thousand

over a year ago

"Germany trashed Europe twice in the last 100 years..my late dad 1920 '92 fought 6 years in that war he would be beside himself thinking that Germany France etc are now telling us how it is......we have become soft.

My ex’s late dad was a navigator in the second world war flying Lancasters and he ran his own business after the war until he passed away. He was a good businessman

and actually got on very well with his german customers, even going to stay with them for short breaks. So lets just try and remember that we live in the year 2019 and have had peace in Europe pretty much since the end of the Second World War and that this has been fostered by closer cooperation between european countries rather than wrapping ourselves up in the cross of st george and

reenacting old battles.

yeah because patriotism and pride in one's country and the people in it is just downright racism and it sucks eh?

does the peace include the war in the balkans, break up of Yugoslavia, Kosovo, Bosnia and all that stuff in the mid 90's? More recently Ukraine and let's not forget the never ending war on terror.... really peaceful actually

"

Why are you accusing the poster of calling you racist when they didn't?

But yeah patriotism is bullshit.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/19 10:55:37]

By *onny MCMan
over a year ago

Crawley

"If we had a second referendum and leave won would parliament honour it this time?"

If the question gave an exact answer, ie, accept May's Deal or No Deal, then they'd do it willingly, just to avoid the blame when it all goes wrong.

over a year ago

reenacting old battles.

Why are you accusing the poster of calling you racist when they didn't?

But yeah patriotism is bullshit. "

Pride in shit you never took part in and then using the sacrifice of others to justify you xenophobic bullshit is all you ever see from the flag waving patriots.

over a year ago

"If we had a second referendum and leave won would parliament honour it this time?

If the question gave an exact answer, ie, accept May's Deal or No Deal, then they'd do it willingly, just to avoid the blame when it all goes wrong. "

We are currently in the middle of leaving the EU. Why are people suggesting that the government isn't honouring the result of the advisory referendum?

By *onny MCMan
over a year ago

Crawley

reenacting old battles.

"

Yes, there's been peace within the EU. None of the countries you've mentioned are in the EU.

over a year ago

reenacting old battles.

"

Believe it or not at the time the Balkans were not, and it’s debatable if they are now, part of Europe. They and the Ukraine were part of the USSR and it was the collapse of this and the battling for control of the vacuum in power in the Balkans that led to their implosion. Ukraine is a slightly different case in that it is Putins expansion of the Russian empire that drove that particular path as is the case in Syria.

My point was we have not had a Europe wide war because of cooperation between our nations. Terrorism comes and goes and has always been there. You are probably too young to remember the IRA bombing campaigns but I saw first hand the damage they caused and the lasting peace brought about by the Good Friday Agreement (which Brexiteers appear to want to tear up without a second thought) has made so many peoples lives happier and safer and allowed them hope for a better future.

The money wasted on Brexit, which lets not forget was only brought to referendum because of a weak conservative leader and party underestimating the effects of austerity on the general public and not realising that much of the country was alienated by these old Etonian toffs, is appalling!

If the money spent on Brexit had been spent on better policing and youth work and real job creation (not zero hours contracts) and getting the likes of Amazon to pay a fair share of tax then perhaps we might not have such massive problems with County lines drug dealing and knife crime?

Just a thought!

over a year ago

Ahh great assumption by youself... born and raised in belfast from the mid 70's....

still living in the greatest country on earth...fact!! #ourweecountry....bring on the backstop!!

over a year ago

Sorry...that was a bit racist and xenophobic...not to mention patriotic of me to say such a thing.

over a year ago

"Sorry...that was a bit racist and xenophobic...not to mention patriotic of me to say such a thing. "

You seem obsessed with being called racist when they haven’t

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

didnt vote first time wont vote nxt time either

over a year ago

"didnt vote first time wont vote nxt time either"

Do we take that to mean you’re happy with the situation, you don’t care either way, or you don’t think it will make any difference?

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

i couldnt give a flying one if we leave or stay.wont impact my life one way or the other

By *wingerlover2018Man
over a year ago

Moors

Lost of dad's fought in that war, but not for 6 years. The 1st World War was lasted 4 years from 1914 to 1918. Anyway, that was 100 years ago. Why so much rear viewing? "

Because you are supposed to learn from history and if all the remainers are unable to see that the fact is Germany and France see the EU as just another attempt to ‘rule’ over the UK like they have wanted to do for millennia then suggest you all get out your little blue flag with stars on and still pretend we will be better off governed by someone else... I’d rather be in charge of our own fate thanks, and make of it what we will. ALL those that liberated Europe on both prior occasions will be turning in their graves to think we lost so many on all sides for nothing... we might have well just rolled over in 1914 and been done with it!!!

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"i couldnt give a flying one if we leave or stay.wont impact my life one way or the other"

Your contributions are always highly valued

over a year ago

Lost of dad's fought in that war, but not for 6 years. The 1st World War was lasted 4 years from 1914 to 1918. Anyway, that was 100 years ago. Why so much rear viewing?

Because you are supposed to learn from history and if all the remainers are unable to see that the fact is Germany and France see the EU as just another attempt to ‘rule’ over the UK like they have wanted to do for millennia then suggest you all get out your little blue flag with stars on and still pretend we will be better off governed by someone else... I’d rather be in charge of our own fate thanks, and make of it what we will. ALL those that liberated Europe on both prior occasions will be turning in their graves to think we lost so many on all sides for nothing... we might have well just rolled over in 1914 and been done with it!!!"

"In charge of our own fate"

So funny.

By *ack4NinaCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthen

"Lost of dad's fought in that war, but not for 6 years. The 1st World War was lasted 4 years from 1914 to 1918. Anyway, that was 100 years ago. Why so much rear viewing?

Because you are supposed to learn from history and if all the remainers are unable to see that the fact is Germany and France see the EU as just another attempt to ‘rule’ over the UK like they have wanted to do for millennia then suggest you all get out your little blue flag with stars on and still pretend we will be better off governed by someone else... I’d rather be in charge of our own fate thanks, and make of it what we will. ALL those that liberated Europe on both prior occasions will be turning in their graves to think we lost so many on all sides for nothing... we might have well just rolled over in 1914 and been done with it!!!"

Perhaps you should learn because you clearly do not understand much. Firstly, Germany and France were on opposite sides during the two World Wars.

In charge of our own fate? Listen to yourself FGS. You are and if you're not then you only have YOURSELF to blame. As for the country being charge of our own fate... A couple of things, we are. The position we hold in the EU give us a veto! But you believe what ever you want. Secondly, Whether you like it or not we have a relationship with the EU thats over 40 years old.

All those who liberated Europe wanted peace and to stop a Fascist nationalistic expansionist regime based upon very questionable ideals. If you compare the EU with Nazi Germany or similar you need to check yourself in.

Rolled over in 1918. Again, a complete failure in understanding the actual history.

By *wingerlover2018Man
over a year ago

Moors

"Lost of dad's fought in that war, but not for 6 years. The 1st World War was lasted 4 years from 1914 to 1918. Anyway, that was 100 years ago. Why so much rear viewing?

Because you are supposed to learn from history and if all the remainers are unable to see that the fact is Germany and France see the EU as just another attempt to ‘rule’ over the UK like they have wanted to do for millennia then suggest you all get out your little blue flag with stars on and still pretend we will be better off governed by someone else... I’d rather be in charge of our own fate thanks, and make of it what we will. ALL those that liberated Europe on both prior occasions will be turning in their graves to think we lost so many on all sides for nothing... we might have well just rolled over in 1914 and been done with it!!!

Perhaps you should learn because you clearly do not understand much. Firstly, Germany and France were on opposite sides during the two World Wars.

In charge of our own fate? Listen to yourself FGS. You are and if you're not then you only have YOURSELF to blame. As for the country being charge of our own fate... A couple of things, we are. The position we hold in the EU give us a veto! But you believe what ever you want. Secondly, Whether you like it or not we have a relationship with the EU thats over 40 years old.

All those who liberated Europe wanted peace and to stop a Fascist nationalistic expansionist regime based upon very questionable ideals. If you compare the EU with Nazi Germany or similar you need to check yourself in.

Rolled over in 1918. Again, a complete failure in understanding the actual history.

"

Bless you...

Rolled over in 1914, when it started and we should have just let Germany roll in without the 4 years of blood shed!! Bit stupid to go through all that only to give up in the end don’t you think!!

Take a closer look at history a little bit further back!! France has always wanted this little island... actually built the keep at the most recognisable castle in the world during there 200 year reign.. but what do I know! As I said France and Germany have always wanted a piece of us. I didn’t say WWII was a time when they were allies..... But then I was assuming people could read in here...

And as for your statement on political persuasion, I suggest that you research fascism and the EU and well and Nationalism!! and the EU see where you get to!!

They have just got very clever understanding that they can’t win with guns and war but the pen may actually be mightier etc etc....

By *oistknickersCouple
over a year ago

London

"I would vote remain if it was an option.

But seriously, fuck another referendum. People will vote themselves into poverty for whatever reason they're told to."

Couldn’t agree more. People have to start thinking for themselves and not being told what to think.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Bless you...

Rolled over in 1914, when it started and we should have just let Germany roll in without the 4 years of blood shed!! Bit stupid to go through all that only to give up in the end don’t you think!!

Take a closer look at history a little bit further back!! France has always wanted this little island... actually built the keep at the most recognisable castle in the world during there 200 year reign.. but what do I know! As I said France and Germany have always wanted a piece of us. I didn’t say WWII was a time when they were allies..... But then I was assuming people could read in here...

And as for your statement on political persuasion, I suggest that you research fascism and the EU and well and Nationalism!! and the EU see where you get to!!

They have just got very clever understanding that they can’t win with guns and war but the pen may actually be mightier etc etc....

"

Your paranoia is charming really, perhaps a little research might help you.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"i couldnt give a flying one if we leave or stay.wont impact my life one way or the other

Your contributions are always highly valued "

i really dont care what ppl think about my contributions.im not the one running around thinking its the end of the world if we leave.truth is until we leave no one knows wat will happen 100% i saying it how i see it not posting essays from pro leave or pro remain rags.but if u havent got an opinion of your own thats not my fault. bring on the chaos mwhahahaha

over a year ago

"i couldnt give a flying one if we leave or stay.wont impact my life one way or the other

i really dont care what ppl think about my contributions.im not the one running around thinking its the end of the world if we leave.truth is until we leave no one knows wat will happen 100% i saying it how i see it not posting essays from pro leave or pro remain rags.but if u havent got an opinion of your own thats not my fault. bring on the chaos mwhahahaha "

Anarchist..

By *ack4NinaCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthen

"

Bless you...

"

"Germany and France have always wanted a piece of us" You couldn't make it up...oh, you just did! Look, this isn't the middle ages, nor is it the 1900s nor the 1930s. I suspect that if a certain ideology wins through we will be back there though quick enough.

You've said nothing demonstrates that you understand much at all

France has always had its eyes on our little island. Looking backwards again. But lets be honest thats not true anyway. Do the Romans, The Saxons, Angles, Jutes etc still want a piece. Or what about the Vikings who we were fighting against and then together against WTC. You don't know what you are talking about!

Do you know what Fascism and Nationalism actually is? Is France a Fascist country? IS Germany? Are they politicians all Nationalists? I tell you what. You point to the facts that prove you are right. And i mean facts, not opinions based on ideologies and we can continue. You clearly do not understand the political situation in European countries at all.

Your straw man argument is at best the thinking of an uneducated fool!

By *wingerlover2018Man
over a year ago

Moors

"

Bless you...

"Germany and France have always wanted a piece of us" You couldn't make it up...oh, you just did! Look, this isn't the middle ages, nor is it the 1900s nor the 1930s. I suspect that if a certain ideology wins through we will be back there though quick enough.

France has always had its eyes on our little island. Looking backwards again. But lets be honest thats not true anyway. Do the Romans, The Saxons, Angles, Jutes etc still want a piece. Or what about the Vikings who we were fighting against and then together against WTC. You don't know what you are talking about!

Do you know what Fascism and Nationalism actually is? Is France a Fascist country? IS Germany? Are they politicians all Nationalists? I tell you what. You point to the facts that prove you are right. And i mean facts, not opinions based on ideologies and we can continue. You clearly do not understand the political situation in European countries at all.

Your straw man argument is at best the thinking of an uneducated fool! "

PHD in European political history actually but you probably wouldn’t want to go there...

suggest you do some proper research and if you do t believe history has anything to do with our future then I applaud your arrogant ignorance... good luck with your little life in your little bubble.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"

Bless you...

PHD in European political history actually but you probably wouldn’t want to go there...

suggest you do some proper research and if you do t believe history has anything to do with our future then I applaud your arrogant ignorance... good luck with your little life in your little bubble."

I’m guessing they’re giving them away with Frosties now. As Michael Gove said ‘we’ve had enough of experts’. Just because you’ve done the course doesn’t mean you understand from a balanced perspective - you clearly display bias in your portrayal of History.

By *ack4NinaCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthen

"

Bless you...

suggest you do some proper research and if you do t believe history has anything to do with our future then I applaud your arrogant ignorance... good luck with your little life in your little bubble."

Hahahahahahhhahaha. Ok, you were sold a dud! Well done you say you have a qualification! It doesn't make you correct, nor does it make your straw man arguments any stronger, and finally you don't understand history my friend as demonstrated in what and how you posted. PhD...you can't even write it properly!

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

i really dont care what ppl think about my contributions.im not the one running around thinking its the end of the world if we leave.truth is until we leave no one knows wat will happen 100% i saying it how i see it not posting essays from pro leave or pro remain rags.but if u havent got an opinion of your own thats not my fault. bring on the chaos mwhahahaha

Anarchist.. "

nah done that in my early 20s im just a bloke living my life trying to have as little to do with the state as i can.but hey a little chaos is always good for keeping ppl on there toes

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Bless you...

"

An unusual post, though I struggled to actually determine what was to be deduced, based on all of those years' of history you reported?

over a year ago

"

Bless you...

Can you prove that you have that qualification as it seems remarkably appropriate given your point of view?

I mean you wouldn’t be making facts up would you now?

over a year ago

Yep

Hopefully all brexiters feel the same and it's a landslide victory for remain when we have the inevitable second referendum.

The problem brexiters have in regard to being labelled racist thugs is if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.Unfortunate but that's life.

As a lefty green I get the label of Marxist tree hugging beta libtard.Its all good.

It's hard to find a fuck to give these days."

Surely as a Marxist you get the label of genocidal nutcase?

over a year ago

Yep

Surely as a Marxist you get the label of genocidal nutcase?"

More often that label of genocidal maniac gets chucked my direction when I state I'm also an atheist.

Its a red rag to a bull-shitter.

over a year ago

Yep

More often that label of genocidal maniac gets chucked my direction when I state I'm also an atheist.

Its a red rag to a bull-shitter."

If you say so.

So our of curiosity do you agree with our shadow home Secretary that Chairman Mao over all did more good than harm?

over a year ago

Yep

Its a red rag to a bull-shitter.

If you say so.

So our of curiosity do you agree with our shadow home Secretary that Chairman Mao over all did more good than harm?"

No Mao was a little unhinged to say they least.Why not ask me if all property is theft.?

As no doubt your agenda is to label anyone on the left as a cultural Marxist.

Let me guess you've been watching Jordan Peterson on YouTube

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

If there's a second vote, they will make sure "leave" doesn't win.

It'll happen one of two ways: the options will be "remain" vs "May's Deal" (remain lite) or they will split the leave vote by offering two options (eg: May's deal Vs No deal vs Remain).

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Yep

Surely as a Marxist you get the label of genocidal nutcase?"

Why would you?

Many millions more have been slaughtered in the name of capital interests than Marxism.

If you want blood on hands, you need look no further than European industrial revolutions and capitalist expansion (Empire).

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Yep

Why would you?

Many millions more have been slaughtered in the name of capital interests than Marxism.

If you want blood on hands, you need look no further than European industrial revolutions and capitalist expansion (Empire). "

Sadly whichever ‘ism’ you look at, people get exploited - it has happened throughout the ages, it is not really down to ideology though, it is down to man’s inhumanity to his fellow man & then we tag an ideology to it for cataloguing

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"If there's a second vote, they will make sure "leave" doesn't win.

It'll happen one of two ways: the options will be "remain" vs "May's Deal" (remain lite) or they will split the leave vote by offering two options (eg: May's deal Vs No deal vs Remain).

"

'no deal' won't ever be on any referendum. The choices on the referendum have to be deliverable and not break our commitments in international law to Ireland and the Good Friday Agreement. 'no deal' doesn't do that.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

The United Kingom, or more accurately England, will never come to terms with Europe until it moves on from nostalgia for World War.

over a year ago

"The United Kingom, or more accurately England, will never come to terms with Europe until it moves on from nostalgia for World War.

"

Anyone would think we won the war! Well we did, with the help of the commonwealth and America, otherwise, the result is debatable!

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"The United Kingom, or more accurately England, will never come to terms with Europe until it moves on from nostalgia for World War.

Anyone would think we won the war! Well we did, with the help of the commonwealth and America, otherwise, the result is debatable!"

As well as a bunch of Europeans - French, Belgians, Dutch, Maltese, Greeks, Czech’s, Poles & yes even some Germans and Italians...

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Don't forget the Russians, who made the biggest sacrifice of all.

They were up against the German A team. The Germans sent their B team to take on the western allies.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Yep

Why would you?

If you want blood on hands, you need look no further than European industrial revolutions and capitalist expansion (Empire).

Sadly whichever ‘ism’ you look at, people get exploited - it has happened throughout the ages, it is not really down to ideology though, it is down to man’s inhumanity to his fellow man & then we tag an ideology to it for cataloguing "

My point was about the posters assumption that Marxism is synonymous with genocide, an assumption that is not usually made when capitalism is spoken of, and yet it has far more blood on its hands.

There have been many benefits to society attributable to Marx: state owned infrastructure, welfare states, the push for gender equality, universal healthcare etc etc

over a year ago

Justice to northern ireland

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Don't forget the Russians, who made the biggest sacrifice of all.

They were up against the German A team. The Germans sent their B team to take on the western allies.

"

I think the Jews made the biggest sacrifice of all - neither Germany, nor Russia come out of that well

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

I think the Jews made the biggest sacrifice of all - neither Germany, nor Russia come out of that well "

USSR lost 20,000,000 to 27,000,000 people in total (soldiers plus civilians).

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

I think the Jews made the biggest sacrifice of all - neither Germany, nor Russia come out of that well

USSR lost 20,000,000 to 27,000,000 people in total (soldiers plus civilians). "

& in terms of proportion of population and how they were killed I think your statistic is a bit crass really. This isn’t a game of top trumps especially as the Russians we’re complicit in this genocide.

over a year ago

Fuck another referendum, the people voted for this mess and we all need to be force fed Brexit till we can't take no more.

By *nicecoupleXCouple
over a year ago

Hitch

I would vote leave ...

Again

Then when it wins I would vote leave....

Again

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

Switzerland seem to think that it's OK to rerun an election when the electorate don't have adequate information and the result is close.

What would they know about direct democracy though?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47879777

By *laytimenowMan
over a year ago

Essex

Yup I would

over a year ago

I thought we could let our politicians fun our country for us.....fucking wrong idea that was. Didn't realise just how many of them don't want to....

over a year ago

Run not fun

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

& in terms of proportion of population and how they were killed I think your statistic is a bit crass really. This isn’t a game of top trumps especially as the Russians we’re complicit in this genocide."

Whether you think it's crass does not make the figure wrong does it? The people of the Soviet Union (they weren't all Russians, I thought you would have known that! Lol) made the biggest sacrifice.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

& in terms of proportion of population and how they were killed I think your statistic is a bit crass really. This isn’t a game of top trumps especially as the Russians we’re complicit in this genocide.

Whether you think it's crass does not make the figure wrong does it? The people of the Soviet Union (they weren't all Russians, I thought you would have known that! Lol) made the biggest sacrifice. "

Did they though? I don’t deny the numbers I just feel that genocide is a lot worse than war no matter how you look at it.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Whether you think it's crass does not make the figure wrong does it? The people of the Soviet Union (they weren't all Russians, I thought you would have known that! Lol) made the biggest sacrifice.

Did they though? I don’t deny the numbers I just feel that genocide is a lot worse than war no matter how you look at it."

Explain how the Soviets were complicit? Soviet POWs (considered Slavic and inferior), Jews and political "enemies" were slaughtered in their millions by the Germans during the occupation/assault on the USSR.

Of those killed in Nazi death camps domestically, 6 million were Jews. The Nazis killed 10 million in camps- the remaining 4 million were socialists, trade unionists, the disabled, gypsies and slavs.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Did they though? I don’t deny the numbers I just feel that genocide is a lot worse than war no matter how you look at it.

Explain how the Soviets were complicit? Soviet POWs (considered Slavic and inferior), Jews and political "enemies" were slaughtered in their millions by the Germans during the occupation/assault on the USSR.

Of those killed in Nazi death camps domestically, 6 million were Jews. The Nazis killed 10 million in camps- the remaining 4 million were socialists, trade unionists, the disabled, gypsies and slavs."

Russia and Germany jointly invaded Poland, Russia then let Germany destroy the Jewish population in Poland. Russia was on the winning side in the end, but they were evil in the way they destroyed peoples lives for their own expansionist empire. Stalin was only marginally behind Hitler in terms of evil.

over a year ago

What we are doing here is straying into an area where we can be throwing around accusations of anti-semitism whereas the crux of the matter is the commoditisation of human beings into at one end of the spectrum slave labour and at the other the removal of gold teeth etc to fund the nazi war machine. The jews were singled out disproportionately because of their perceived wealth but roma, poles, russians, homosexuals, etc were all victims too. The russians died in their millions and this probably did more to end the war in Europe than any other event but its not a contest is it. Talk to Polish people about the katyn massacre and you might feel differently about the russians. War is fluid and alliances shift all the time and throughout history this is true. There are always some humans who believe genocide is justified in their quest for power and there always will be.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Of those killed in Nazi death camps domestically, 6 million were Jews. The Nazis killed 10 million in camps- the remaining 4 million were socialists, trade unionists, the disabled, gypsies and slavs.

Russia and Germany jointly invaded Poland, Russia then let Germany destroy the Jewish population in Poland. Russia was on the winning side in the end, but they were evil in the way they destroyed peoples lives for their own expansionist empire. Stalin was only marginally behind Hitler in terms of evil."

That's historically incorrect. Whilst Nazi Anti semitism was of course well known at the time the Soviets and Nazis carved up Poland in 1939, there were no plans than for extermination of the Jews then. That came about as a result of the Wannasee conference in 1942, by which point the ussr and Germany were at war with each other and Germany occupied the whole of Poland

So the Ussr in no way "let" the Germans destroy the Jews in Poland.

Obviously Stalin was responsible for murdering millions but he can't be held in any way responsible for the holocaust.

By *obert2Man
over a year ago

durham

the country voted to leave.full fuckin stop

over a year ago

You can say that brexiters is not respecting churchills idea of being in the eu, he wanted it to keep the peace in europe after the war

over a year ago

"You can say that brexiters is not respecting churchills idea of being in the eu, he wanted it to keep the peace in europe after the war "

Maybe the conservatives should get out the ouija board and ask him on All Hallows' eve.

"Should we stay or should we go winston"

over a year ago

"the country voted to leave.full fuckin stop"

They did. And it’s currently happening.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

"the country voted to leave.full fuckin stop"
is going as you has hoped ??