Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

"No Deal" - Confusion

Jump to newest

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

A Sky News Twitter Poll seemingly suggested that 26% of people polled thought "no deal" meant "No Brexit"

Can you believe it???!!!

Nearly three years into this shambles and some people still have no idea what it is all about.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

We’ve learned polls are shit that’s for sure

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

All part of the farce that is Brekshit.

It may not be apparent immediately, but I suspect leaving the EU will remove a cloak that has shielded from view some fundamental truths about life in Britain in the 21st century.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A Sky News Twitter Poll seemingly suggested that 26% of people polled thought "no deal" meant "No Brexit"

Can you believe it???!!!

Nearly three years into this shambles and some people still have no idea what it is all about."

Sky news!

Yeah I dunno, where do they find these people to poll. Back in the 90s they seemed to be accurate.

over a year ago

"A Sky News Twitter Poll seemingly suggested that 26% of people polled thought "no deal" meant "No Brexit"

Can you believe it???!!!

Nearly three years into this shambles and some people still have no idea what it is all about.

Sky news!

Yeah I dunno, where do they find these people to poll. Back in the 90s they seemed to be accurate."

Pensioners who don't read something twice, or unemployed people with no qualifications.

over a year ago

Can you believe it???!!!

Nearly three years into this shambles and some people still have no idea what it is all about."

You only need to read some posts on here to get a good sense that many many leavers still don't have a clue

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Can you believe it???!!!

I found the Commons reaction to May announcing she had met with the NZ PM for initial trade talks pretty disgusting. If there is to be no deal or if A50 and brexit is to actually go ahead, then having jeers and groans coming from a few hundred MP's at what could be a future partner, no matter how small, is pretty awful.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I assume it was a poll commissioned by sky, rather than a check with some of their viewers.

I think that the conservative party policy of keeping their plan largely vague and uncertain - even that party never reached an absolute decision on what i wanted, helped voter apathy and alienation. The latter has helped to consolidate voter confusion and was built upon major lies that fostered mistrust over what it all meant.

The forum here has many of us who are probably much more politically engaged than the typical voter - and, myself included, we're mistaken or ignorant of parts of political knowledge etc. This highlights the issues with having voters decide issues of phenomenal complexity and importance, just on this basis alone.

By *heislanderMan
over a year ago

cheshunt

"I assume it was a poll commissioned by sky, rather than a check with some of their viewers.

I think that the conservative party policy of keeping their plan largely vague and uncertain - even that party never reached an absolute decision on what i wanted, helped voter apathy and alienation. The latter has helped to consolidate voter confusion and was built upon major lies that fostered mistrust over what it all meant.

The forum here has many of us who are probably much more politically engaged than the typical voter - and, myself included, we're mistaken or ignorant of parts of political knowledge etc. This highlights the issues with having voters decide issues of phenomenal complexity and importance, just on this basis alone. "

. So who should decide “issues of phenomenal complexity” ?

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

"I assume it was a poll commissioned by sky, rather than a check with some of their viewers.

The forum here has many of us who are probably much more politically engaged than the typical voter - and, myself included, we're mistaken or ignorant of parts of political knowledge etc. This highlights the issues with having voters decide issues of phenomenal complexity and importance, just on this basis alone.

. So who should decide “issues of phenomenal complexity” ? "

Anyone who will vote the same way they do!

By *onny MCMan
over a year ago

Crawley

Can you believe it???!!!

Are you sure it's not a miscommunication and some people thought "no deal" = "no brexit", ie if "no deal" is the only option, the govt won't actually take us out.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

. So who should decide “issues of phenomenal complexity” ?

Anyone who will vote the same way they do! "

that’s exactly it some remianers in here have looked down there noses at leave voters they can’t get there head round that ppl have diffrent political opinions to themselves but they choose to live in a democratic country But then totally lose the plot after a democratic vote that does t go there way

By *ross-eyed MaryMan
over a year ago

Salisbury

Can you believe it???!!!

You only need to read some posts on here to get a good sense that many many Diane Abbott voters still don't have a clue "

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

When the former Secretary of State for Brexit comes out with nonsensensical statements about No Deal being followed by a transition period, is anyone surprised the public doesn’t understand it either?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

. So who should decide “issues of phenomenal complexity” ? "

Generally and ultimately, our sovereign parliament - which I would assume to be enabled and supported by expert research etc.

over a year ago

Can you believe it???!!!

Here’s a poll....

over a year ago

Can you believe it???!!!

Sky news!

Yeah I dunno, where do they find these people to poll. Back in the 90s they seemed to be accurate.

Pensioners who don't read something twice, or unemployed people with no qualifications."

Pensioners who made the country with their hard work and tax contributions only for it now be given away to people who have not put anything in to the country.

over a year ago

Can you believe it???!!!

Sky news!

Pensioners who don't read something twice, or unemployed people with no qualifications.

Pensioners who made the country with their hard work and tax contributions only for it now be given away to people who have not put anything in to the country."

It could be argued that the same pensioners never had it so good? Retired at 60/65, final salary schemes- like rocking horse shit now, triple lock etc etc. Those who are just approaching retirement are picking up the bill - women's pension back 6/7 years (£35-£40k lost), pension age will probably be 68/69 in a couple of years! Two sides to every story!

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

I am beginning to understand Mrs May's strategy.

Her deal is everyone's 2nd preference.

If you are pro-EU and your choice is between No Deal and Mrs May's deal, you'll opt for Mrs May's deal.

If you are anti-EU and your choice is between delaying Article 50 and Mrs May's deal, you'll opt for Mrs May's deal.

It's a gamble that the cards will tumble in the correct order.

It's also a compromise.

Too many are demanding their way and appearing, in public at least, to be unwilling at bend.

Is it any wonder our politicians could not understand the politics of Europe? Their stubborn-ness is on full display.

over a year ago

"I am beginning to understand Mrs May's strategy.

Her deal is everyone's 2nd preference.

If you are pro-EU and your choice is between No Deal and Mrs May's deal, you'll opt for Mrs May's deal.

If you are anti-EU and your choice is between delaying Article 50 and Mrs May's deal, you'll opt for Mrs May's deal.

It's a gamble that the cards will tumble in the correct order.

It's also a compromise.

Too many are demanding their way and appearing, in public at least, to be unwilling at bend.

Is it any wonder our politicians could not understand the politics of Europe? Their stubborn-ness is on full display.

"

It’s a version of prisoners dilemma.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

If the House of Commons was allowed to vote on the three choices using the single transferrable vote method, Mrs May's deal would win in the 2nd round. I think.

Post new Message to Thread