Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Brexit - have you changed your mind

Jump to newest

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Irrelevant of whether you voted leave or stay,

In hindsight, would you have voted differently?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nope

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

nope

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man
over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

Nope

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

nope

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Voted leave

Still want to leave

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan
over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

I was torn when I first voted a d would be equally torn again and may change

over a year ago

would all depends on the question.

and what parts of that question

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Voted leave

Still want to leave "

snap

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

I wouldn't change my vote. There was no benefit to leaving two years ago and every thing I have seen since has only confirmed that.

over a year ago

Hesitantly voted remain, still would - mainly seeing the sheer incompetence of our politicians and their research groups.

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

No change with us. Remain all the way.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Nope

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

No now comvinced we should leave and string up the 650 MP's

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

No change here

By *laytimenowMan
over a year ago

Essex

Nooe i voted stay & would again

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I remain remain.

However, if a sensible BREXIT plan ever comes forward that says how we'd leave and the bases of future trading arrangements with both the EU and the rest of the world, I could live with it. That's what should have probably happened before the referendum was called and definitely before Article 50 was triggered.

over a year ago

Nope, still the same

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

No, I am still a Europhile who thinks that the UK is toxic as a member of the EU being nothing more than the USA's fifth column devoted to harming the EU on behalf of its master the USA.

But to be honest I may well change my vote because having stared into the abyss for 2 years I am now seeing things I had never considered when I voted to leave.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

No... voted remain

The referendum was an ill conceived idea in the first place. They are the resort of weak leadership, demigods, despots and dictators.

They take complex issues and distillate them into a popularist “Yes” or “No” option without any form of compromise being available. Which is what we elect our repsentatives to achieve on our behalf.

Important decisions that will affect a nation’s fate or humanity’s fate cannot be left to the referendums! Because such decisions require good knowledge of history; they require a sound reason and a powerful logic and masses often do not have such characteristics!

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Voted Remain, but I am starting to be convinced that living in a country that will be worse off in every way could be a good idea..., no, I’m not thinking that at all!

By *endrix30Man
over a year ago

dudley

Nope.

over a year ago

Nope. In fact, it's strengthened my position.

By *amantMan
over a year ago

Alnmouth

In short, no.

I didn't feel qualified to vote in that referendum but did so out of necessity. Having learned more in the time since the vote, I wouldn't be half as shy in voting remain again if it came to it.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

Nope ..but who in there right mind would put a remainder in charge of leaving ..see where we are now ...lets just go and tell the eu to stick it up there arse

over a year ago

"Nope ..but who in there right mind would put a remainder in charge of leaving ..see where we are now ...lets just go and tell the eu to stick it up there arse"

The tories.

Maybe the house should be allowed to decide who the top honcho is rather than the majority party ...

over a year ago

I’m no Tory, but even though I’m working class and proud of it, I’m no labour supporter either.

I voted BREXIT and will never change my mind, ever.

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"Nope ..but who in there right mind would put a remainder in charge of leaving ..see where we are now ...lets just go and tell the eu to stick it up there arse"

Where are all thelse hard line Brexiteers now?

None of them stepped forward in the leadership campaign they all just disappeared into the shadows.

over a year ago

"Nope ..but who in there right mind would put a remainder in charge of leaving ..see where we are now ...lets just go and tell the eu to stick it up there arse

None of them stepped forward in the leadership campaign they all just disappeared into the shadows. "

To be honest I don't think they thought we'd vote leave and sh*t themselves when we did.....whats annoying is they all quit but moved sideways, wouldn't that be nice if we could do that in real life but if we quit we have to leave the company politicians don't have a clue in our world......thats why they're panicking about leave because they're afraid of what will happen, the unknown!

By *ross-eyed MaryMan
over a year ago

Salisbury

No. But i would change sides in a people's vote.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

None of them stepped forward in the leadership campaign they all just disappeared into the shadows. "

Quitters, in more ways than one.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Yes, I voted remain initially because I thought it was the lesser of two evils.

I would now vote leave.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

it would make it a lot easier to get some unity if they took a second referendum off the table seems to me only about 100 mp,s want this so never going to get through the commons.Take this out the equation then those 100 can move on and decide what they want.

over a year ago

Voted leave an still would, am losing faith in democracy watching our mps squabble over everything and anything and not doing what they were elected to do, they talk of what the public wants but refuse to listen and treat us as if we are still children.

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We both voted leave, and will again if need be, as nothing has happened to change our minds (quite the opposite in fact)

By *wingingjaneCouple
over a year ago

brampton

we both voted to leave AND HAVE NOT CHANGED OUR MINDS

over a year ago

I voted leave, Lucy voted remain.

We both would now vote leave if a “people’s” vote happened. We are not idiots like the media and remoaners call us. My business has only grown since the referendum and will continue to do so after we leave without a deal.

Personally I think there shouldn’t be another vote until the original referendum result has been honoured. It will destroy democracy in the UK, well what’s left of it, if they decide to vote again. Just because remoaners lost doesn’t give them the right to demand another vote. If remain won would leave demand another vote, very unlikely.

It was a in or out vote. Not abit in abit out. We should leave with no deal. I don’t see why everyone is so scared, this opens up so many opportunities for our country. Yes we might have to pay more for goods coming from EU, but they need us aswell. The EU has already said passports will be valid for two years after we leave regardless of what happens.

The world will not end.

Ww3 won’t break out.

Flights will still run.

Democracy is upheld.

Driving you may need a international permit but that doesn’t take long.

Weekly shop won’t increase much if at all.

The EU should have remained a trade agreement, no more.

The same people that was arguing we join the euro are remoaners...look how “well” the euro is doing now? Several EU countries are in or heading into a recession.

Scaremongering that’s all it is.

Get on with leaving already!

over a year ago

Nope. My opinion is exactly the same. Haven’t become any more convinced or any less convinced. It’s panning out pretty much as I expected.

The EU has plenty of faults. But there are no benefits to the uk if we leave. And there is plenty to lose in all of the various leave scenarios. Leaving is a no-win situation for the uk.

Simple.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"I voted leave, Lucy voted remain.

We both would now vote leave if a “people’s” vote happened. We are not idiots like the media and remoaners call us. My business has only grown since the referendum and will continue to do so after we leave without a deal.

Personally I think there shouldn’t be another vote until the original referendum result has been honoured. It will destroy democracy in the UK, well what’s left of it, if they decide to vote again. Just because remoaners lost doesn’t give them the right to demand another vote. If remain won would leave demand another vote, very unlikely.

It was a in or out vote. Not abit in abit out. We should leave with no deal. I don’t see why everyone is so scared, this opens up so many opportunities for our country. Yes we might have to pay more for goods coming from EU, but they need us aswell. The EU has already said passports will be valid for two years after we leave regardless of what happens.

The world will not end.

Ww3 won’t break out.

Flights will still run.

Democracy is upheld.

The same people that was arguing we join the euro are remoaners...look how “well” the euro is doing now? Several EU countries are in or heading into a recession.

"

Great post and fully agree.

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Nope. My opinion is exactly the same. Haven’t become any more convinced or any less convinced. It’s panning out pretty much as I expected.

The EU has plenty of faults. But there are no benefits to the uk if we leave. And there is plenty to lose in all of the various leave scenarios. Leaving is a no-win situation for the uk.

Simple."

Great post and fully agree

By *r. JoystickMan
over a year ago

Bexley

What's the point of sovereignity if it's more-of-the-same 'decision-making' that has taken place over the last two years?

over a year ago

Voted Remain and I still would.

I have seen the benefits North West Wales has seen from European Funding , money we never woukd have had from central government

over a year ago

The world will not end.

Ww3 won’t break out.

Flights will still run.

Democracy is upheld.

"

totally agree with you

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

The world will not end.

Ww3 won’t break out.

Flights will still run.

Democracy is upheld.

totally agree with you"

me to.

over a year ago

The world will not end.

Ww3 won’t break out.

Flights will still run.

Democracy is upheld.

totally agree with youme to. "

So really bad stuff won’t happen. But some things will get slightly worse. And we will likely feel poorer. But it’s okay there may be some opportunities. And there’s a global downturn around the corner which some EU countries may get dragged into.

If that’s the positive spin nowadays, it’s been down graded a lot in two years.

By *ky19Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

"Irrelevant of whether you voted leave or stay,

In hindsight, would you have voted differently? "

No. But I'm saddened though not surprised at all that's gone on in 2 1/2 years.

What it all appears to amount to can be summed up by a quote from a certain Turkish fellow I know:

"They f@@k us, they f@@k us every day".

By *hanedogMan
over a year ago

llanelli

Nope ...this is our United Kingdom and we will set our own rules on it ..Thank you eu but we had the best of it and now you can fuck off

over a year ago

"Nope ...this is our United Kingdom and we will set our own rules on it ..Thank you eu but we had the best of it and now you can fuck off "

What was the "best of it " for you??

over a year ago

No

And knew it was going to be a pain to get out

They don’t want to make it easy as other countries are watching this with interest

One thing that no one has ever mentioned in this whole debate is had we voted to stay the ball game would have changed

I have no doubt we would be forced into using the euro and other rules we have avioded

over a year ago

"No

They don’t want to make it easy as other countries are watching this with interest

One thing that no one has ever mentioned in this whole debate is had we voted to stay the ball game would have changed

I have no doubt we would be forced into using the euro and other rules we have avioded"

Project fear.

We would still have article 50 in the back pocket.

over a year ago

The world will not end.

Ww3 won’t break out.

Flights will still run.

Democracy is upheld.

"

Which countries are heading into recession? What do you do in business? Why use remoaners, for the rest of your post you are better than That!

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

"I remain remain.

However, if a sensible BREXIT plan ever comes forward that says how we'd leave and the bases of future trading arrangements with both the EU and the rest of the world, I could live with it. That's what should have probably happened before the referendum was called and definitely before Article 50 was triggered."

Ditto. Thinking based on respecting the vote despite being on the losing side. However what is startling is the sheer incompetence of Davis,Fox and Johnson to deliver even an ounce of skill or effort as ministers to their political dream. Now it turns out there aren't even basic trade deals if we crash out on WTO terms FFS

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

In hindsight, would you have voted differently? "

I voted remain but would now vote leave.

If I paid into a club that heavily subsided others at my cost and then the management took this the piss when I complained I would be off like shot.

And some of the vile stuff some of my fellow remainers have come out with is disgusting.

over a year ago

If I paid into a club that heavily subsided others at my cost and then the management took this the piss when I complained I would be off like shot.

And some of the vile stuff some of my fellow remainers have come out with is disgusting."

Vile? What like? Also paying into the club (0.7 percent of GDP) was obviously a net gain if you look at realistically.

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

And some of the vile stuff some of my fellow remainers have come out with is disgusting.

Vile? What like? Also paying into the club (0.7 percent of GDP) was obviously a net gain if you look at realistically."

Nazi, rasisct, bigot,thick, pleb far right you no the score.

Remind me how much is 0.7% of GDP is.

Why can't we just trade with no barriers?

Hey bmw can I buy your cars with no tariffs.

Of course you can as long as you don apply tariffs.

over a year ago

Vile? What like? Also paying into the club (0.7 percent of GDP) was obviously a net gain if you look at realistically.

Of course you can as long as you don apply tariffs."

Less than 1% brexit is already costing us just under 500m a week in lost growth.

More than even gross EU contributions

Please expand on your tariff argument?

Aslo why did you vote remain in the first place?

You got examples of the anti brexit stuff you are on about?

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Was reluctant remainer .Following the abject , inept incompetence of how the tories ( who called the referendum ) have dealt , or rather , been unable to deal with the situation they alone have caused , I am now quite a strong remainer ,, I am not calling for another referendum but if there was one wouldn't have to think this time , would definitely vote remain ,, so not changed my mind but have been convinced by May , Davis , Gove Johnson , Farage , Raab ( the run away MPs) to change my opinion

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

Less than 1% brexit is already costing us just under 500m a week in lost growth.

You got examples of the anti brexit stuff you are on about?"

Has some one poked you in the eye again.

The anti Brexit comments on hear alone from people are there for all to see.

I do not want to be part of that disgusting vile club.

Just remind me how much money we could have lost if we had gone into the ERM or joined the euro

All markets go up and down at uncertainty.

Usually happens every ten years

Remember when the interest rate was at 15 %.

Thousands of houses repossessed every day

When it al settles down and a deal is done do you think either side want tariffs on there goods ?

over a year ago

"Was reluctant remainer .Following the abject , inept incompetence of how the tories ( who called the referendum ) have dealt , or rather , been unable to deal with the situation they alone have caused , I am now quite a strong remainer ,, I am not calling for another referendum but if there was one wouldn't have to think this time , would definitely vote remain ,, so not changed my mind but have been convinced by May , Davis , Gove Johnson , Farage , Raab ( the run away MPs) to change my opinion"

I can well believe you, what I'm more interested in is the person above you that has seemingly changed his mind on the attitude of remainders.

I'm guessing he's not looking at it in a logical way like you or he sees the world very differently.

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

"Was reluctant remainer .Following the abject , inept incompetence of how the tories ( who called the referendum ) have dealt , or rather , been unable to deal with the situation they alone have caused , I am now quite a strong remainer ,, I am not calling for another referendum but if there was one wouldn't have to think this time , would definitely vote remain ,, so not changed my mind but have been convinced by May , Davis , Gove Johnson , Farage , Raab ( the run away MPs) to change my opinion"

Your right it has been organised badly.

Piss up brewery couldn't come to mind.

But these people are career politicians who have never run a real company before.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/01/19 23:56:50]

over a year ago

"Was reluctant remainer .Following the abject , inept incompetence of how the tories ( who called the referendum ) have dealt , or rather , been unable to deal with the situation they alone have caused , I am now quite a strong remainer ,, I am not calling for another referendum but if there was one wouldn't have to think this time , would definitely vote remain ,, so not changed my mind but have been convinced by May , Davis , Gove Johnson , Farage , Raab ( the run away MPs) to change my opinion

Your right it has been organised badly.

Piss up brewery couldn't come to mind.

But these people are career politicians who have never run a real company before."

So who are you suggesting?

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

I voted leave and am still of the same mind, as for a second referendum I'm not at all bothered if there was to be a second vote as I'm not fearful of a reversal.

Comments on both sides have made me angry, I don't like references to Nazis, but equally I don't care for the term remoaners as those that want to remain have every right to discuss this right up to the actual moment we leave the EU, it isn't moaning it's their right to speak out.

I'm not in favour of a No Deal Brexit as I believe it would damage the nations finances for a decade, so I want to see a negotiated settlement.

over a year ago

Just remind me how much money we could have lost if we had gone into the ERM or joined the euro

When it al settles down and a deal is done do you think either side want tariffs on there goods ?

"

"

ERM that was the early 90s? And you still voted remain?

You are presuming a deal will be done?

Quote some anti brexit stuff from here I'll put some of the things pro brexit users have put...trust me it's worse

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

"Was reluctant remainer .Following the abject , inept incompetence of how the tories ( who called the referendum ) have dealt , or rather , been unable to deal with the situation they alone have caused , I am now quite a strong remainer ,, I am not calling for another referendum but if there was one wouldn't have to think this time , would definitely vote remain ,, so not changed my mind but have been convinced by May , Davis , Gove Johnson , Farage , Raab ( the run away MPs) to change my opinion

I can well believe you, what I'm more interested in is the person above you that has seemingly changed his mind on the attitude of remainders.

I'm guessing he's not looking at it in a logical way like you or he sees the world very differently."

It's not just that

It has been the utter bollocks from those with their snouts in the troff who keep coming out with project fear.

Weather it is right or wrong we remainers lost.

There has been a number of elections and votes to get us to this position

There are people who want to overturn this democratic vote.

This is very dangerous and Parliment will never be trusted again

You do it and i guarantee you there will be trouble on the street

Then we will see the rise of a far right party and I mean real far right.

over a year ago

I'm guessing he's not looking at it in a logical way like you or he sees the world very differently.

It's not just that

It has been the utter bollocks from those with their snouts in the troff who keep coming out with project fear.

Then we will see the rise of a far right party and I mean real far right."

Do you actually have evidence or are your posts as hollow are your bets?

Project fear! Grow up.

over a year ago

It's not just that

Then we will see the rise of a far right party and I mean real far right."

Number of votes? Are you going on the election line? That is a joke if you are although Farage and May do use it!

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

"

Quote some anti brexit stuff from here I'll put some of the things pro brexit users have put...trust me it's worse

"

Oooh there is your other eye.

Just showing your the pound goes up and down on a cyclical basis.

Of course a deal will be done.

A supplier of mine in Germany has a meeting with Merkel next week

Then there is the car manafacturers in the afternoon

They are kicking off because they don't like uncertainty too.

The EUROPEAN UNION in its original form is awesome however it has become too bloated and is run by a piss head.

Why 2 head quarters?

If it's so good let's get rid of our own MPs and save a fortune and let Europe run us.

Really you want me to put Anti Brexit stuff up.

I only have 4 days of battery life left.

Are you so blind /naive at what is said about those who voted for Brexit.

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

It's not just that

Project fear! Grow up."

The last bastion of a coward name calling

P

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Sorry but I am not in the least bit convinced that you ever voted for anything but Leave

over a year ago

It's not just that

Project fear! Grow up.

The last bastion of a coward name calling

P"

What did I call you?

By *icksoneMan
over a year ago

oldham

"Sorry but I am not in the least bit convinced that you ever voted for anything but Leave"

But I don't care.

You don't believe in the vote but it was there in front of your face.

We lost.

Any way guys and girls off to bed for me don't let the Brexit bugs bite

over a year ago

"

The EUROPEAN UNION in its original form is awesome however it has become too bloated and is run by a piss head.

Why 2 head quarters?

If it's so good let's get rid of our own MPs and save a fortune and let Europe run us.

"

What business do you have? I can give you some tips that might help you!

You're = you are, their is possessive not there.

And yes, you've identified things on here it should be easy to find there is an facility to go back and copy and paste.

over a year ago

"Sorry but I am not in the least bit convinced that you ever voted for anything but Leave

But I don't care.

You don't believe in the vote but it was there in front of your face.

We lost.

Any way guys and girls off to bed for me don't let the Brexit bugs bite "

Still time to pm me on the bet x

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

"No

I have no doubt we would be forced into using the euro and other rules we have avioded"

Nonsense Im afraid. We, along with Denmark, have a cast iron guarantee that we dont have to use the Euro.

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

I voter Remain. Id vote Remain again. This shambles has merely convinced me that I was right first time

over a year ago

"I voter Remain. Id vote Remain again. This shambles has merely convinced me that I was right first time"

Yep, my thoughts as well. Not sure how the guy above has come to a different conclusion!

over a year ago

"

Why 2 head quarters?

"

By _mmabluFind posts by _mmablu TV/TS 11 hours ago

upton wirral

"Sounds like a united party one ready to lead.

You may not have noticed, but the Labour Party is the biggest party in the UK. In fact there are nearly as many members of the Labour Party as in all the other parties combined. And we are united, our problem is that the party is still in the process of wresting control of the PLP and NEC back from a torylite enterist elite that took control of the party in the early 90's and moved the party into blue water allowing the ultra rightwing of the Conservative Party to move the Official Tories so far right that now their MP's can get away with having publicity photos taken at foodbank collection points claiming they support foodbanks when they are the cause of foodbanks!

But don't worry, we are cleaning house and there is a reckoning coming. "

Yes with nazis like you in the party lol.

A brexit supporter calling someone a Nazi 10 hrs ago on here

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"I voter Remain. Id vote Remain again. This shambles has merely convinced me that I was right first time

Yep, my thoughts as well. Not sure how the guy above has come to a different conclusion!"

The guy above you refer to isn't the only one though is he. There are 2 remainers who have posted on this thread who said they would now vote to Leave. I've yet to see a Leaver post to say they've changed their mind and would now vote remain.

By *iss Penny TrationWoman
over a year ago

NW

"I wouldn't change my vote. There was no benefit to leaving two years ago and every thing I have seen since has only confirmed that. "

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

It's not just that

Number of votes? Are you going on the election line? That is a joke if you are although Farage and May do use it! "

There have actually been 3 votes now where the British people have indicated they want to Leave the EU. The first one was the last European MEP elections in the UK in 2014 which ukip won. In case you didn't get it the clue is in the name (United Kingdom Independence Party), and their main cause is to get the UK out of the EU.

The 2nd one was the EU referendum in 2016 where 52% voted to Leave the EU. Was a high turnout (over 70%) and 17.4 million people is the biggest vote for anything, ever in the entire history of the UK.

The 3rd one was the 2017 general election where parties with manifesto promises to respect the result of the referendum and Leave the EU got 85% combined share of the overall vote.

over a year ago

It's not just that

Number of votes? Are you going on the election line? That is a joke if you are although Farage and May do use it!

There have actually been 3 votes now where the British people have indicated they want to Leave the EU. The first one was the last European MEP elections in the UK in 2014 which ukip won. In case you didn't get it the clue is in the name (United Kingdom Independence Party), and their main cause is to get the UK out of the EU.

The 2nd one was the EU referendum in 2016 where 52% voted to Leave the EU. Was a high turnout (over 70%) and 17.4 million people is the biggest vote for anything, ever in the entire history of the UK.

The 3rd one was the 2017 general election where parties with manifesto promises to respect the result of the referendum and Leave the EU got 85% combined share of the overall vote.

"

The general election one is a pathetic argument as there is no way Labour and the Conservative parties wouldn't Garner the vast majority of the Votes.

The Lib Dems had also alienated most of their votes by going into coalition with the Consevatives after campainging on a more left wing stance than labour in 2008.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/01/19 08:31:38]

over a year ago

"I voter Remain. Id vote Remain again. This shambles has merely convinced me that I was right first time

Yep, my thoughts as well. Not sure how the guy above has come to a different conclusion!

The guy above you refer to isn't the only one though is he. There are 2 remainers who have posted on this thread who said they would now vote to Leave. I've yet to see a Leaver post to say they've changed their mind and would now vote remain. "

One of whom a leave voter has said they don't believe he voted remain and looking at the post you'd have to agree!

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

"

I agree on your 2nd two points, but the first is far-fetched. What was the turn-out? 30-odd per cent? No-one billed it as a referendum on the EU and the vast majority of people did not care.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

With what I know now, I would have voted much more decisively for remain. I was sure it was absolutely right for the UK to remain but understanding the likely offer, the huge impacts etc, I would have no element of doubt whatsoever.

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

The guy above you refer to isn't the only one though is he. There are 2 remainers who have posted on this thread who said they would now vote to Leave. I've yet to see a Leaver post to say they've changed their mind and would now vote remain.

One of whom a leave voter has said they don't believe he voted remain and looking at the post you'd have to agree!"

Yes that's me.... And I'm always reluctant to question another Fab members honesty in the forums, but I just had to call him out, I just don't believe him.

I'm still not ready to change my mind as I've always been fearful of a federalist Europe, and that was the reason for me to vote leave, but if you were to ask me if I still feel so absolutely certain about the way I voted its a no....I am somewhat troubled by the possible financial implications for my children.

over a year ago

I was unsure at first but researching it, everything pointed that to leave would be stupid

I still vote remain

I now wouldn't want to be associated with leave voters

over a year ago

Leave

No deal no problem

And well done Teresa may

Your a legend

Admire the way you've stood up to your so called members and dealt with everything

Most would have cracked under the pressure

over a year ago

Nope. More stern in my desire to leave and cripple the EU for trying to draw this out

By *ich_edenMan
over a year ago

limpsfield

Voted remain because we're so integrated & even once wanted a United States of Europe.

But now realise the bad deal we get. EU sees UK as a cash cow that's a net contributor in fees only for the 'priviledge' of a massive trade deficit (and mostly give away our fishing grounds).

Definitely want to leave and preferably with no agreement, especially not with one that gives away sovereignty that people have died for. Only that way will we get a free trade agreement quickly and brexit will be over. EU are signing many FTAs giving other countries what most in UK want without the strings of a customs union. Why should UK pay for access to EU single market but EU, and countries like Luxembourg, Ireland, Germany with much higher GDP, get access to UK market for free after we leave?

With no WA, hopefully people will buy british, reduce our trade deficit, unemployment & low pay, reduce haulage road damage, port traffic & pollution...

With no WA, I give it 6 months before EU become desperate for a quick FTA, before UK realises all the benefits of not having one.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Don’t really see how the EU will suffer, nor that they have been particularly hard on us. We have just spent 2 years spinning around with the Tory party scoring points against each other and Britain descending into a mess.

Order of preference:

- Remain in EU (clearly the best option)

- General Election & National Government of all parties negotiate over next 12 months to leave sensibly

-

-

-

-

- No Deal

- May’s Deal (clearly the worst option!)

Nothing about leaving makes any sense.

over a year ago

"I was unsure at first but researching it, everything pointed that to leave would be stupid

I still vote remain

I now wouldn't want to be associated with leave voters "

Not surprising!

By *Cocksucker84Man
over a year ago

newcastle

I voted remain and still feel that it was the best choice. However, I worry that a second referendum would procure another leave result and with a greater margin purely and simply because a second vote would generate even greater distrust. I think MPs should be sitting down and trying to get the best deal possible. No deal scares the shit out of me. The same people championing no deal are the same ones saying they don't trust the central government yet they're willing to give them greater power and control. Don't be surprised that if we do leave without a deal that things do get harder financially for you. Whatever money you think we'll save in the short term will not outweigh what we need in the long term. I cannot think of many other countries who will jump at the prospect of mapping out trade deals with another that is known for not being able to negotiate properly.

By *r Kipling tart fillerMan
over a year ago

Tart filling facility

Leave and even more leave after we've seen the contempt for us from the EU.

So many of the EU countries are financially ruined, with high unemployment and a negative forecast (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland etc) We're forecast (by the IMF) to have the highest growth, assuming we leave on a 'no deal's.

We've subsidised the EU with over 120bn (that's the sum *after* we get anything back to spend how they dictate) since 2000, most of which has went to pay for EU government expansion. I think that money could have made a big difference to our towns and cities.

Add to that the 'tariffs' we pay the EU, up to 80% on some goods. I'd rather that money was in our pockets.

Today we're reading that the EU want to build a wall in Ireland, or at the very least a 'hard border'.

In 10 years time I doubt anyone will admit they voted remain.

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

"Leave and even more leave after we've seen the contempt for us from the EU.

So many of the EU countries are financially ruined, with high unemployment and a negative forecast (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland etc) We're forecast (by the IMF) to have the highest growth, assuming we leave on a 'no deal's.

We've subsidised the EU with over 120bn (that's the sum *after* we get anything back to spend how they dictate) since 2000, most of which has went to pay for EU government expansion. I think that money could have made a big difference to our towns and cities.

Add to that the 'tariffs' we pay the EU, up to 80% on some goods. I'd rather that money was in our pockets.

Today we're reading that the EU want to build a wall in Ireland, or at the very least a 'hard border'.

In 10 years time I doubt anyone will admit they voted remain."

If you believe that the money will be put back into our towns and cities you are living in cloud cuckoo coo land. Brexit will do more harm than good.

over a year ago

What goods have an 80% tarriff?

The EU have said they want to avoid a hard border and will look to find a way through even under no deal. However a hard border is the default for both sides of the border under a true no deal.

No idea where you IMF numbers come from but we’re about the same as germany under a deal, and we would take a decent gdp hit under no deal. Need to do more digging to see the Eu hit ...

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

In my humble opinion it’s the biggest act of economic self harm a country has done willingly.

Still stay.

over a year ago

No matter what you voted for or still believe in the referendum in itself has damaged the country in all my years I have never come across so many divided opinions

If the politicians had made one instead of asking us there would only be about 600 odd people who we could all blame

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"In my humble opinion it’s the biggest act of economic self harm a country has done willingly.

Still stay. "

cobblers

Leave leave leave

I never wanted in that circus in the first place. The only people causing the harm are the juvenile remoaners. I include the MPS in that. If we had got on with it everything would be in place and ready now. Instead they still havnt a clue. That lot in parliament couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. We don't want an election... Are you listening Corbyn and we don't want a second referendum. Stop behaving like a fool.

over a year ago

"In my humble opinion it’s the biggest act of economic self harm a country has done willingly.

Still stay. "

Wilfully ignorant people commit wilfull acts of economic self harm.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 23/01/19 11:48:00]

over a year ago

in Lancashire

It sounds like a combination of gross assumptions and porky pies..

Links to the figures and the IMF guess please?

over a year ago

This is an excellent example of the misunderstanding surrounding the EU. Sadly this seems to be commonplace. Seems far to easy to spread misinformation these days.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

In 10 years time I doubt anyone will admit they voted remain.

This is an excellent example of the misunderstanding surrounding the EU. Sadly this seems to be commonplace. Seems far to easy to spread misinformation these days. "

This..

Downright lies..

IMF report of Nov last year gives leaving with no deal as the worst option..

over a year ago

Repeat again at Davos this week.

over a year ago

Didn't vote (was following the green and white army at the euros)... was thinking remain at the time but now...deffo leave.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"No matter what you voted for or still believe in the referendum in itself has damaged the country in all my years I have never come across so many divided opinions

If the politicians had made one instead of asking us there would only be about 600 odd people who we could all blame "

Wow!

I absolutely agree with you.

Who'd have guessed?

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Fake news, you should write for the Mail

over a year ago

"Didn't vote (was following the green and white army at the euros)... was thinking remain at the time but now...deffo leave. "

What made you change your mind?

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

No Ide still vote remain and with a lot more certainly after seeing what this government is capable of, their incompetence is breathtaking!

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

Remain through and through.

Post new Message to Thread