Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

I want the cake, but not the cherry.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who else found this very funny when tusk said it about mays plans? He was talking about brexit lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Who else found this very funny when tusk said it about mays plans? He was talking about brexit lol "

If you're talking about Tusk's tweet/instagram picture, I didn't find it funny at all. I thought it was childish, disrespectful, unstatesmanlike and immature, but wasn't really surprised because that's how the EU usually behave.

over a year ago

"Who else found this very funny when tusk said it about mays plans? He was talking about brexit lol

If you're talking about Tusk's tweet/instagram picture, I didn't find it funny at all. I thought it was childish, disrespectful, unstatesmanlike and immature, but wasn't really surprised because that's how the EU usually behave. "

Yes that one. I thought he was in a coffee shop ordering a cake from a waiter and did the joke there, but it was on instagram lol.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 24/09/18 12:58:29]

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

The guys a prick it wasn’t very clever at all

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The guys a prick it wasn’t very clever at all "
couldn't have put it better myself.

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

There's a theme here. If you cannot persuade the messenger...then try to undermine the messenger.

I know people have very mixed view about Brexit, the PM and her government but this really makes you wonder about who is putting this out.

It appears to me that it is only going to entrench the PM in her beliefs. Therefore maybe it is aimed as one of many tactics by the EU to push her out in order to get some form of advantage over the UK in what they may rightly or wrongly consider a better position.

I am sure that if it has appeared on Donald Trump's or Boris Johnson's Twitter feed, we would all be rightly aghast.

Either way. It is one straight from the book of someone who clearly has never lived in the real world and done a real job.....

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

But didn’t bojo thru this process always claim the UK could have their cake and eat it....

I think it was just as much a dig at the blonde oaf as it was anything....

Bearing in mind some of things that were said on the UK side I am surprised you all took so much offense

If you were going to be upset I thought it would have been more at the macron comment

I believe the macron comment was true... but was undiplomatic to actually say it out loud

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

There’s a shock Fabio deflecting it onto the UKs side same shit diffrent day

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"There's a theme here. If you cannot persuade the messenger...then try to undermine the messenger.

I know people have very mixed view about Brexit, the PM and her government but this really makes you wonder about who is putting this out.

It appears to me that it is only going to entrench the PM in her beliefs. Therefore maybe it is aimed as one of many tactics by the EU to push her out in order to get some form of advantage over the UK in what they may rightly or wrongly consider a better position.

I am sure that if it has appeared on Donald Trump's or Boris Johnson's Twitter feed, we would all be rightly aghast.

Either way. It is one straight from the book of someone who clearly has never lived in the real world and done a real job....."

Could it be that after 18 months of watching the UK government continually kicking the brexit can down the road, then having May attempt to do an end run round Mr Tusk and Mr Barnier at the meeting last week with her already rejected Checkers plan, having it totally rejected by the 27 heads of state for the same reasons that they have listed since day 1 of the brexit negotiations. And then having May publicly accuse the EU of not showing her and the UK enough respect that he and the EU have decided to change tactics and treat May and our government as we have been treating them?

Remember that BoJo, JRM and others have continually said we should just tell the EU to fuck off because they need us more than we need them. Could it be that the EU have decided that enough is enough and if Mrs May wants to have a public temper tantrum because she did not get her way that the EU will just take the piss out of here until she works out that all her posturing is getting her nowhere.

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"Who else found this very funny when tusk said it about mays plans? He was talking about brexit lol

If you're talking about Tusk's tweet/instagram picture, I didn't find it funny at all. I thought it was childish, disrespectful, unstatesmanlike and immature, but wasn't really surprised because that's how the EU usually behave. "

Hahahahah... hilarious coming from you Centy, who supports Trump so much.

But besides that, yes I thought Tusk's comment was pretty amusing. BoJo's "cake and eat it" has been such a battlecry for the brexiteers yet the EU have made it clear at every point that it is not an option. Maybe Tusk thought a bit of humour might get the Tories to realise how daft their position it?

-Matt

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"But didn’t bojo thru this process always claim the UK could have their cake and eat it....

I think it was just as much a dig at the blonde oaf as it was anything....

Bearing in mind some of things that were said on the UK side I am surprised you all took so much offense

If you were going to be upset I thought it would have been more at the macron comment

I believe the macron comment was true... but was undiplomatic to actually say it out loud "

People miss the subtle digs politicians throw around .I can see it being directed at boris .He said go whistle also and you can bet your life someone will whistle after getting Britain to agree the EUs terms.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

It may not be diplomatic but it was spot on given the feckin shambles from the people meant to represent the whole of this country in dealing with the issue..

whatever happened to a sense of humour in times of adversity, or is it that those who are full of hate will find anything to beat the EU with..

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"It may not be diplomatic but it was spot on given the feckin shambles from the people meant to represent the whole of this country in dealing with the issue..

whatever happened to a sense of humour in times of adversity, or is it that those who are full of hate will find anything to beat the EU with.."

see what uv done there turned it around on the uk Anything to beat the eu with

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"It may not be diplomatic but it was spot on given the feckin shambles from the people meant to represent the whole of this country in dealing with the issue..

whatever happened to a sense of humour in times of adversity, or is it that those who are full of hate will find anything to beat the EU with.. see what uv done there turned it around on the uk Anything to beat the eu with "

Nope, you've failed to see that with such a situation as we have there are two sides involved and its not all EU bad or Uk bad depending on how a person voted..

well it is for some but that is the minority either way, pragmatism and compromise will inevitably settle this as well as a big lump of fudge..

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There’s a shock Fabio deflecting it onto the UKs side same shit diffrent day "

Nope.. it’s a case of when you threaten not to pay stuff you have signed legal obligations for that is considered bold and sticking up for yourself but when the other side do it it’s considered bullying....

Just call it the same both ways and people can’t accuse you of double standards....

As I said the stuff tusk said was mild to what macron said... so if you were really going to feign offense I thought it would have been that!

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

I'd put Macron ,Tusk and Barnier on the next slow boat to China with a one way ticket .Who needs enemies with supposed friends like these .welcome the EU claptrap gang

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

The thing is I can’t remember you ever calling it the same both ways tho you always side woth the eu Iv never seen s post were you have said the eu are being unfair on this or that just my opinion tho

over a year ago

"I'd put Macron ,Tusk and Barnier on the next slow boat to China with a one way ticket .Who needs enemies with supposed friends like these .welcome the EU claptrap gang "

Who ever said it was going to be easy ?

Do you honestly think the eu was going to give the uk an easy deal that suited the uk ??

They are working on behalf of the eu member states , there job is to make it hard for the uk ,

And if you think the way the eu is treating the uk is bad wait till you have to do a deals with the other 60 countries the uk has existing deals with as part of the eu ,

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Did a photographer not catch a glimpse of a Brexit policy paper entering or leaving Downing Street that referred to the “cake and eat it strategy”?

Cherry-picking has been used Mrs Merkel and others to destibr the UK’s aspirations.

So it’s a fuss about nothing, unless Junker is your favourite bogeyman, in which case it is a declaration of war.

Fookin’ snowflakes, I tell ya.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"There’s a shock Fabio deflecting it onto the UKs side same shit diffrent day

Nope.. it’s a case of when you threaten not to pay stuff you have signed legal obligations for that is considered bold and sticking up for yourself but when the other side do it it’s considered bullying....

Just call it the same both ways and people can’t accuse you of double standards....

As I said the stuff tusk said was mild to what macron said... so if you were really going to feign offense I thought it would have been that!"

Thing is though if Donald Trump had done a similar tweet to this people like you and Matt would have virtually burst a blood vessel over it! So you don't call it both ways and you're just as guilty of double standards on here as anyone else.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

"There’s a shock Fabio deflecting it onto the UKs side same shit diffrent day "

Beginning to think Fabio might be an Eu stooge planted on here as he seems to be a permanent member of the Eu fan club! He won't have a word said against it without coming up with some excuse or another.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

That is because anyone, except the most rabid British nationalist, can see this is a clusterfuck made entirely in the Conservative Party.

It's been a shambles from the start.

- Calling a referendum and refusing to draw up any contingency plan

- Triggering Article 50 with no plan whatsoever for what came next

- Calling a General Election when the party already had a comfortable majority

- A Chequers proposal that was doomed from the start

The EU has been consistent from day one - the four freedoms of the single market are indivisible.

If you want to be in it, it's the Norway model.

If you don't, it is the Canada model.

This country is not in the grip of a civil war. The Conservative Party is.

It is a tale of extraordinary mismanagement, arrogance and hubris.

You might fall for the close-your-eyes-and-sing-Rule-Britannia mantra of the rabid right and their desire to destroy Britain's place in the world.

I'm not.

over a year ago

They can stick there fucking cherry up their arses! Tossers!!

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

Yep plenty of tossers on here as well all mouth and trousers another thread same old shit tossers moaning and groaning and may wants the cuntry to pull together no fucking chance

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

"Yep plenty of tossers on here as well all mouth and trousers another thread same old shit tossers moaning and groaning and may wants the cuntry to pull together no fucking chance "

Definitely an accurate description of you and your cronies!

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"Yep plenty of tossers on here as well all mouth and trousers another thread same old shit tossers moaning and groaning and may wants the cuntry to pull together no fucking chance

Definitely an accurate description of you and your cronies! "

Thought you would be the first to loose your rag ha ha

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"There’s a shock Fabio deflecting it onto the UKs side same shit diffrent day

As I said the stuff tusk said was mild to what macron said... so if you were really going to feign offense I thought it would have been that!

Thing is though if Donald Trump had done a similar tweet to this people like you and Matt would have virtually burst a blood vessel over it! So you don't call it both ways and you're just as guilty of double standards on here as anyone else. "

If Trump has said it, I'd say call a doctor, as he's clearly unwell saying something so mild and trivial.

-Matt

over a year ago

whatever happened to a sense of humour in times of adversity, or is it that those who are full of hate will find anything to beat the EU with.."

I'm afraid you're probably right

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

"Yep plenty of tossers on here as well all mouth and trousers another thread same old shit tossers moaning and groaning and may wants the cuntry to pull together no fucking chance

Definitely an accurate description of you and your cronies!

Thought you would be the first to loose your rag ha ha "

Loose my rag!Don't make me laugh, it sounds like you are doing the ranting as per usual!

over a year ago

Politicians should stay away from contrived humour. It doesn’t add to the discourse... indeed tends to distract as people clamour to take offence.

over a year ago

"there job is to make it hard for the uk

"

over a year ago

"

I mean put the uk I a position that if they want a deal , they (uk) are going to pay for a deal and it's there job to make sure the eu are on the better side of any deal

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Why should it be? we don't want to be in thier club anymore end of .

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Agreed it was a crass comment by someone who wasn't voted in by the people he represents.

By *ir1967Man
over a year ago

in da sticks, london, amsterdam, madrid

If you're talking about Tusk's tweet/instagram picture, I didn't find it funny at all. I thought it was childish, disrespectful, unstatesmanlike and immature, but wasn't really surprised because that's how the EU usually behave.

Hahahahah... hilarious coming from you Centy, who supports Trump so much.

But besides that, yes I thought Tusk's comment was pretty amusing. BoJo's "cake and eat it" has been such a battlecry for the brexiteers yet the EU have made it clear at every point that it is not an option. Maybe Tusk thought a bit of humour might get the Tories to realise how daft their position it?

-Matt"

This!!!

over a year ago

I suppose there will be uproar now cause the U.N. laughed at trump :

over a year ago

"I suppose there will be uproar now cause the U.N. laughed at trump : "

He took it very well, a real statesman and the best president in the history of the US by a mile.

over a year ago

"I suppose there will be uproar now cause the U.N. laughed at trump :

He took it very well, a real statesman and the best president in the history of the US by a mile."

Your dead right brushed it off and laughed himself ,

Maybe some this side of the Atlantic could learn from him

over a year ago

Why should it be? we don't want to be in thier club anymore end of ."

Because uk cant see whats good for them, who should help the farmers?

over a year ago

The world is laughing at America .Can it get more humilitating for Americans.Trump and America has lost any good will the rest if the world showed them .The age of American dominance is over .

History will remember the day the world laughed in the face of America,as the beginning of the end .

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"I suppose there will be uproar now cause the U.N. laughed at trump :

He took it very well, a real statesman and the best president in the history of the US by a mile."

He turned up 20 minutes late for his speaking slot (in his own city), then went on to give what amounted to a US state of the union talk, and got rightly laughed at by everyone in the room when he tried to claim his administration has done more than any other.

Laughed at.

By a room full of diplomats.

And then he went on to tell the UN meeting basically how the US is turning its back on the rest of the world and they can all fuck off.

And yet some still want to believe his bullshit.

-Matt

Post new Message to Thread