Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

oh katie.... dear katie

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its been revealed that katie hopkins, her of the woman of the farther right, has had to file for bankruptcy after her legal woes....

i am not one to gloat.. and i think it is quite sad, she could have basically avoided it all by just apologising for some of her more controversial actions and comments... and yet, she was so stubborn!

sometimes we are our own worst enemies at times......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"its been revealed that katie hopkins, her of the woman of the farther right, has had to file for bankruptcy after her legal woes....

i am not one to gloat.. and i think it is quite sad, she could have basically avoided it all by just apologising for some of her more controversial actions and comments... and yet, she was so stubborn!

sometimes we are our own worst enemies at times......"

She spoke the truth and personally I found her entertaining to watch. Especially her view on airlines with the fat tax. I completely agree with that point among many other things she has said.

People are just snowflakes that need to man up. Life isn’t a fairytale. She shouldn’t have to apologise for her opinions and facts.

Personally I’d offer her some financial help just to watch everyone winge.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"its been revealed that katie hopkins, her of the woman of the farther right, has had to file for bankruptcy after her legal woes....

She's actually entering an IVA to avoid bankruptcy.

Just means that she's still skint but an IVA gives her more freedom than going bankrupt.

As you said, an apology would have saved all this.

over a year ago

I’ve always just get sorry for her. She’s so full of anger and hate, you just have to wonder what’s gone so badly wrong with her life that’s she’s ended up like this.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Wouldn’t you be angry if you were born woth a face like hers tho she’s rank

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"I’ve always just get sorry for her. She’s so full of anger and hate, you just have to wonder what’s gone so badly wrong with her life that’s she’s ended up like this."

I can't feel sorry for someone that enjoys being vile.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

She spoke the truth and personally I found her entertaining to watch. Especially her view on airlines with the fat tax. I completely agree with that point among many other things she has said.

People are just snowflakes that need to man up. Life isn’t a fairytale. She shouldn’t have to apologise for her opinions and facts.

Personally I’d offer her some financial help just to watch everyone winge."

No not the truth, maybe your truth but a lot of what she has said and may continue to say is not..

With the right to free speech comes accountability and responsibility for what we say..

Similar to acting within the laws of the land, isn't fucking rocket science.

over a year ago

No not the truth, maybe your truth but a lot of what she has said and may continue to say is not..

With the right to free speech comes accountability and responsibility for what we say..

Similar to acting within the laws of the land, isn't fucking rocket science. "

True freedom of speech doesn’t exist anymore, shame that if someone else’s opinion offends you, it’s not permitted. Tough, deal with it, no one has to pander to your opinions and needs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and should be able to express them freely.

Give me some example of her lies then?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

True freedom of speech doesn’t exist anymore, shame that if someone else’s opinion offends you, it’s not permitted. Tough, deal with it, no one has to pander to your opinions and needs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and should be able to express them freely.

Give me some example of her lies then?"

Sunshine, you want to go round cunting people off by all means do so. All that will happen is someone bigger will at some point lamp you..

When someone says what you have in your first sentence it only serves to indicate they lack the common sense to know when they're being an offensive fool or they have an agenda..

over a year ago

Sunshine, you want to go round cunting people off by all means do so. All that will happen is someone bigger will at some point lamp you..

When someone says what you have in your first sentence it only serves to indicate they lack the common sense to know when they're being an offensive fool or they have an agenda..

"

Because someone doesn’t agree with my opinions of backing her?

Or the fact I don’t support yours?

over a year ago

Katie is a force of nature, sometimes saying too much, but very often saying what most people believe but haven’t the bottle to say out loud.

There are some very dangerous things happening here, and she doesn’t pull her punches as she rightly points them out.

I do hope she gets her problems solved with the help of her supporters. We need people like her in the public eye, just to remind us where we are going wrong...

By *bandjam91Couple
over a year ago

London

She's filed for the IVA after losing a libel case against Jack Monroe, who she falsely accused of vandalising a war memorial on Twitter.

In other words it was proven in court that she lied.

Jack Monroe offered her the option to settle out of court for an apology and a donation to charity. Katie Hopkins rejected this.

To sum up, she's a proven liar and too pig headed to have saved herself the bill. You and her are the snowflakes that need to man up and accept that actions have consequences.

over a year ago

How about the time she suggested that dementia sufferers shouldn't be blocking beds!!!

She is the vilest example of a cockroach.

She deserves everything that she gets!!

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

"Someone bigger will at some point lamp you"???? So if you can't win an argument you just resort to physical violence to 'lamp' someone then?

Besides even that point of your argument doesn't stand up as the saying goes the biggest dog in the fight doesn't always win, you never heard of David and Goliath?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Absolutely spot on. Kate Hopkins is fully entitled to express her own views and opinions. It really is a shame that some folk just can't handle the concept of Free speech. Freedom of speech is under attack as we've already seen with the deplatforming and attempted silencing of Alex Jones in the USA. These attempts to stifle and suppress free speech really need to be resisted and it's people like Kate Hopkins and Alex Jones who are out on the front line fighting this battle. Maybe Kate Hopkins should start a crowd funding site to support her cause, I for one would be willing to make a donation and I expect she would get a lot of support, not only here in the UK but from the USA too.

over a year ago

I suspect you may be right Centaur...How sad that people whose only contribution to humanity, is to drag the ideals of free speech through the gutter. Then shout from the rooftops that they are being denied a platform to spew there twisted ideology from.

When anyone...Yes anyone defends, a man who tramples over the feelings of grieving parents..

Then insists they are all part of a conspiracy.They need to look in a mirror and wonder what the hell went wrong with there humanity.

Free speech is not free there is a price .The price ?.....You decide Centaur as you spiral into your pit of shame

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

Freedom of speech doesn't exist any more?! It is that very freedom of speech that has allowed Hopkins to say the vile things she has and what has got her into this mess in the first place.

You seem to have completely missed the point about accountability? You have the freedom to say something, and I have the freedom to tell you I think you are being a arse about it, or wrong. The fact I can disagree with you or find your views abhorrent does not diminish your freedom of speech.

-Matt

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

Absolutely spot on. Kate Hopkins is fully entitled to express her own views and opinions. It really is a shame that some folk just can't handle the concept of Free speech. Freedom of speech is under attack as we've already seen with the deplatforming and attempted silencing of Alex Jones in the USA. These attempts to stifle and suppress free speech really need to be resisted and it's people like Kate Hopkins and Alex Jones who are out on the front line fighting this battle. Maybe Kate Hopkins should start a crowd funding site to support her cause, I for one would be willing to make a donation and I expect she would get a lot of support, not only here in the UK but from the USA too. "

No, see Centy, this is where you and your right-wing Alex Jones loving buddies get it so wrong. The fact that someone can find your views offensive, or that a court of law can find a claim you make wrong does not mean Freedon of Speech is not there. Ironically, it is *you* who cannot handle or understand the concept of Freedom of Speech if you believe that it somehow means "freedom of consequences for my words and actions".

-Matt

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Someone bigger will at some point lamp you"???? So if you can't win an argument you just resort to physical violence to 'lamp' someone then?

Besides even that point of your argument doesn't stand up as the saying goes the biggest dog in the fight doesn't always win, you never heard of David and Goliath? "

Stop being stupid, you know for someone who supports the likes of the far right you are naive at times..

David and goliath, get a grip..

over a year ago

At the end of the day the truth will out, and maybe, just maybe, the truth will be that Katie Hopkins was right all along.

Just because someone is not parroting the usual pc bull plop, doesn’t necessarily mean they are wrong.

I actually like the woman, and believe she is telling truths that nobody wants to hear...

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Absolutely spot on. Kate Hopkins is fully entitled to express her own views and opinions. It really is a shame that some folk just can't handle the concept of Free speech. Freedom of speech is under attack as we've already seen with the deplatforming and attempted silencing of Alex Jones in the USA. These attempts to stifle and suppress free speech really need to be resisted and it's people like Kate Hopkins and Alex Jones who are out on the front line fighting this battle. Maybe Kate Hopkins should start a crowd funding site to support her cause, I for one would be willing to make a donation and I expect she would get a lot of support, not only here in the UK but from the USA too. "

Does one assume you would be equally happy financially supporting all hate preachers?

Or just those on the far right?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Freedom of speech doesn't exist any more?! It is that very freedom of speech that has allowed Hopkins to say the vile things she has and what has got her into this mess in the first place.

You seem to have completely missed the point about accountability? You have the freedom to say something, and I have the freedom to tell you I think you are being a arse about it, or wrong. The fact I can disagree with you or find your views abhorrent does not diminish your freedom of speech.

-Matt"

It does when you deplatform and silence someone like Alex Jones. He's not been convicted of any hate crime in any court of law, no successful prosecutions have been made against him and yet he's had his right to free speech taken away from him on sites like Facebook and YouTube. A right to free speech is a fundamental right under the American constitution which Facebook and YouTube have violated.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

-Matt

It does when you deplatform and silence someone like Alex Jones. He's not been convicted of any hate crime in any court of law, no successful prosecutions have been made against him and yet he's had his right to free speech taken away from him on sites like Facebook and YouTube. A right to free speech is a fundamental right under the American constitution which Facebook and YouTube have violated. "

You have said previously that his other platforms have been getting increased views etc so you need to look at your previous crocodile tears for him..

Maybe he could go to speakers corner and mouth off..

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Besides even that point of your argument doesn't stand up as the saying goes the biggest dog in the fight doesn't always win, you never heard of David and Goliath?

Stop being stupid, you know for someone who supports the likes of the far right you are naive at times..

David and goliath, get a grip.. "

Really is that the best you can do? So first you make a veiled threat to 'lamp' someone on the thread then when the absurdity of what you said is pointed out to you all you can do is reply with ad hominem attacks calling people stupid? When it comes to stupid you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

-Matt

It does when you deplatform and silence someone like Alex Jones. He's not been convicted of any hate crime in any court of law, no successful prosecutions have been made against him and yet he's had his right to free speech taken away from him on sites like Facebook and YouTube. A right to free speech is a fundamental right under the American constitution which Facebook and YouTube have violated. "

Hahahah... c'mon Centy. Seriously. This is getting ridiculous now. You are claiming Alex Jones has had his free speech taken away from him?! And you are trying to quote the US Constitution with regards to Facebook and YouTube?! Oh for fucks sake man. Do yourself a favour and do just the slightest bit of research before you type things. Are you really THAT unaware that the US Constitution is a document that describes the responsibilities of the *government*. And that if a private company or two decide that they don't want you breaking their terms and conditions that you agreed to in the use of their service and kick you off, that it is not your right to free speech under the US constitution that has been violated?

How come so many of the far right bang on so much about the US constitution and seem so clueless about what it actually is?

Alex Jones is perfectly capable and able to set up his own FarRightTinFoilHatNutJobTube for all his followers. And he can be king of his castle. But if he wants to use the services of another company then he needs to abide by their rules. They are a private company and have every right to deny you service.

-Matt

over a year ago

in Lancashire

David and goliath, get a grip..

Really is that the best you can do? So first you make a veiled threat to 'lamp' someone on the thread then when the absurdity of what you said is pointed out to you all you can do is reply with ad hominem attacks calling people stupid? When it comes to stupid you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. "

You being obtuse centy, I made no threat at all and that's patently obvious to anyone with any sense..

So you were and have reiterated that stupidity in this post..

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

-Matt

It does when you deplatform and silence someone like Alex Jones. He's not been convicted of any hate crime in any court of law, no successful prosecutions have been made against him and yet he's had his right to free speech taken away from him on sites like Facebook and YouTube. A right to free speech is a fundamental right under the American constitution which Facebook and YouTube have violated.

Hahahah... c'mon Centy. Seriously. This is getting ridiculous now. You are claiming Alex Jones has had his free speech taken away from him?! And you are trying to quote the US Constitution with regards to Facebook and YouTube?! Oh for fucks sake man. Do yourself a favour and do just the slightest bit of research before you type things. Are you really THAT unaware that the US Constitution is a document that describes the responsibilities of the *government*. And that if a private company or two decide that they don't want you breaking their terms and conditions that you agreed to in the use of their service and kick you off, that it is not your right to free speech under the US constitution that has been violated?

How come so many of the far right bang on so much about the US constitution and seem so clueless about what it actually is?

Alex Jones is perfectly capable and able to set up his own FarRightTinFoilHatNutJobTube for all his followers. And he can be king of his castle. But if he wants to use the services of another company then he needs to abide by their rules. They are a private company and have every right to deny you service.

-Matt"

It's you who is ignorant here Matt, maybe you should go and do some research on this yourself. Facebook, Google and YouTube have obligations under US law to operate on a politically neutral basis or must run their business without aligning themselves to any particular political point of view. It's become blatantly obvious to anyone who has done a bare minimum of research into this (which you clearly haven't) that these tech giants are not being politically neutral and are increasingly becoming politically biased which goes against the rules which they originally agreed to operate under. So when it comes to 'abiding by the rules' maybe companies like Facebook and YouTube should start practicing what they're preaching.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Ah the old "free speech" argument....

1)"Free speech" means that you have the right to say what you want (next bit is the important bit, pay attention), without being put in prison. It DOES NOT mean "freedom from consequence or criticism"

2) Boycott is perfectly legitimate. Nobody is stopping either Alex Jones or Hopkins from writing books/having a website etc.

I've asked it before to the "freedom of speech" snowflakes: If you wrote an article and sent it to The Times, should they be obliged to publish it?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"At the end of the day the truth will out, and maybe, just maybe, the truth will be that Katie Hopkins was right all along.

Just because someone is not parroting the usual pc bull plop, doesn’t necessarily mean they are wrong.

I actually like the woman, and believe she is telling truths that nobody wants to hear..."

Interesting ? And how much do you think you should pay in fat tax ?

over a year ago

This thread is the same old same old.

1. Far right people like Katie H, Trump, Tommy Robinson, Farage etc, say some really disgusting stuff.

2. Normal people point out how horrific this stuff is they’re saying

3. Far right supporters contradict themselves by saying that free speech applies to bigots and racists. But any normal people who speak out should keep their mouths shut.

Round and round it goes.

over a year ago

"At the end of the day the truth will out, and maybe, just maybe, the truth will be that Katie Hopkins was right all along.

I actually like the woman, and believe she is telling truths that nobody wants to hear...

Interesting ? And how much do you think you should pay in fat tax ? "

About as much as I would have to pay if I couldn’t beat a wimp like you..,

over a year ago

"Katie is a force of nature, sometimes saying too much, but very often saying what most people believe but haven’t the bottle to say out loud."

I’m sure most people don’t believe in her hitler style rhetoric and are too scared to say it. I know you and a good few others on here are into these viewpoints. But in reality most people are actually nice.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I actually like the woman, and believe she is telling truths that nobody wants to hear..."

for all those platitudes... she was wrong in this case, she identified and accused the wrong person in this case... she was given the chance to apologise publicly (and donate to a specific charity) and she refused to do so....

her defence was that the said tweets did not defame the persons character and did not cause harm... she never apologised for the tweet

the courts decided otherwise....

she has cost the daily mail money in the past by getting things wrong

she basically has now had to agree to an IVA because this time when she got it wrong it wasn't the daily mails money to cover it... it was hers!!!

she had "previous" and basically thought she was bulletproof.... and yet you want to contribute more money to her...

well they say "a fool and their mnoney are easily parted!"... bearing in mind you, and centy, and bustyncock have all said you would be willing.... i suppose the old adage is true!

By *bandjam91Couple
over a year ago

London

You're missing the point.

She's in this mess because it was proven that she'd committed libel by telling a falsehood.

The fact she's a cow just makes it somewhat poetic that's now getting want she deserves, but she's not been in anyway censured for spouting her vile views.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

for all those platitudes... she was wrong in this case, she identified and accused the wrong person in this case... she was given the chance to apologise publicly (and donate to a specific charity) and she refused to do so....

her defence was that the said tweets did not defame the persons character and did not cause harm... she never apologised for the tweet

the courts decided otherwise....

she has cost the daily mail money in the past by getting things wrong

she basically has now had to agree to an IVA because this time when she got it wrong it wasn't the daily mails money to cover it... it was hers!!!

she had "previous" and basically thought she was bulletproof.... and yet you want to contribute more money to her...

well they say "a fool and their mnoney are easily parted!"... bearing in mind you, and centy, and bustyncock have all said you would be willing.... i suppose the old adage is true! "

As far as 'a fool and their money are easily parted' goes, how did you get on with your cash donation towards Bernie Sanders Presidential election campaign Fabio?

over a year ago

Facts and opinions are subjective to Hopkins.

Facts and statistics only get used by her when she goes on the attack, when someone attacks her opinion or statements with counter statistics or evidence she throws out an unsupported opinion or screams snowflake.

As a provocateur she's good. And she raises points which should be raised or even if they don't need to be, can be as in a western society we must continually debate things.

Sadly, the way in which she provokes discussion is done in part for mass media attention as a strategy, and that strategy has a penalty which has caught up with her.

She's hardly working class. We won't be seeing her homeless anytime soon.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

She's shown herself to be fairly stupid Imo. She's lost her job, home etc and obviously affecting her children's lives. She was given the option of donating £5000 to charity and apologising or face court. She chose the latter and so got her choice of outcome from her behaviour.

An unpleasant woman who stubbornly attacked others and didn't care

over a year ago

-Matt

That doesn't mean he doesn't have freedom of speech, just that those websites don't want him using their websites to be doing it. I am sure they don't have to if they don't want to. Right? Not too sure why that is an issue.

over a year ago

-Matt

So do you agree with what Alex Jones and Katie Hopkins say then are their beliefs yours as well.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

For as public as YouTube and Facebook are people still forget they are still private platforms and you are a guest on it based on their rules... if they don’t like your views they are under no obligation to carry it

If they view your version of speech as unsavoury they can ban you or ask you to leave... simple as

What Katie Hopkins did was break the law by libelling someone... some people here seem to supporting the fact she did it and never apologised to the person she defamed...

She could of apologised and her issues would have gone away

That is the problem here! Free speech has consequences if you get your facts wrong...

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Katie is a force of nature, sometimes saying too much, but very often saying what most people believe but haven’t the bottle to say out loud."

I'm always amused by the 'most people believe' statement used to justify odious things that social commentators say.

If most people believed then obviously there wouldn't be almost universal denouncement of such utterances.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Pride goes before your destruction and a fall"

over a year ago

I’m sure Katie just needs to start a crowd funding page, and many thousands will be raised and get her out of the shit.

Many people appreciate what she does, she only has to ask.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I’m sure Katie just needs to start a crowd funding page, and many thousands will be raised and get her out of the shit.

Many people appreciate what she does, she only has to ask."

So then a simple question... does Katie Hopkins free speech give her the right to defame people?

Just a yes or no answer will suffice ...

over a year ago

Yes

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Yes"

Her right of free speech extends to being within the law. She broke the law, and has now to pay a consequence.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

There is a deeper psychological issue going on here and the heart of this issue has been the cause of conflict and war throughout history.

When an individual or a group of individuals or even a country believes that it can say and act in any way it pleases with complete impunity, sooner or later the consequences of enacting those beliefs causes a reaction in others who are offended.

This kind of attitude is a serious mental deficiency and it has only been through education and social mobility that such attitudes have improved in the modern world.

Regrettably, it seems that there are still people in this country who cannot accept that the things they do and say have consequences.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Just because someone is not parroting the usual pc bull plop, doesn’t necessarily mean they are wrong."

That's fine but at least parrot a coherent argument.

Society has developed over time having borne the consequences of individuals (on both sides) who advocate outside of social conventions and norms as it's very easy to raise the rabble and mobilise them to do evil things.

over a year ago

"Yes

Her right of free speech extends to being within the law. She broke the law, and has now to pay a consequence.

"

I think that laws regarding defamation are way too one sided. For example, anyone can and does say whatever they want about some people, and many who aim abuse at Katie get away with it. The crap that is spewed out about President Trump is just insane, but if he started to sue one, he would have to sue them all, it’s not possible.

People being ruined over something the said or wrote is a disgusting concept. I’m for total free speech, and for the millions of snowflakes in the world to have to toughen up.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Yes"

So let me get this straight... so I can say the most ghastly thing and make the most outrageous claim about you which would patently be a lie ... and I can say “freedom of speech” and get away with it....

Is that what you are saying?

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

People being ruined over something the said or wrote is a disgusting concept. I’m for total free speech, and for the millions of snowflakes in the world to have to toughen up."

Even if the things said are untrue and may damage a persons reputation?

Remember all she had to do was apologise...

when did apologising become a sign of weakness instead of being a decent thing to do?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Yes

I think that laws regarding defamation are way too one sided. For example, anyone can and does say whatever they want about some people, and many who aim abuse at Katie get away with it. The crap that is spewed out about President Trump is just insane, but if he started to sue one, he would have to sue them all, it’s not possible.

People being ruined over something the said or wrote is a disgusting concept. I’m for total free speech, and for the millions of snowflakes in the world to have to toughen up."

So you'd be quite happy for people to put it around "that you hang around schools looking at children in a sexual way"?

No way true but just people exercising their right to free speech?

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

LOL

Anyone (like me) who has sat in the middle seat of a Ryanair 737 between a Roly Poly and Jabba the Hut can relate to her on that one.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

" The crap that is spewed out about President Trump is just insane, but if he started to sue one, he would have to sue them all, it’s not possible.

"

Just insane? You're sounding like a pc snowflake

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

A publicity junkie.

Someone with zero talent who keeps her profile high, and therefore market rates up, by finding things to say that consistently generate controversy and keep her name in the news.

A vile way to make a living, by constantly trashing others.

She got her comeuppance.

Nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with defamation of character.

She has previously rubbished people who get into financial difficulty as feckless idiots.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes

The sickening thing is that when people's lives are ruined after lies are perpetuated by arseholes with an agenda and some moron carries out an attack on them in their home there are dire and sometimes fatal consequences for people..

You may actually want to think before you post because the stuff your coming out with is either simple trolling or your not a mature individual..

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Jack Monroe's response is lovely; imagine how Hopkins feels being pitied rather than hated. Possibly made funnier as she'll now have to explain to her kids how she is using a socialist nanny state government life line after losing her home to the whims of a free market that wouldn't give her a job...for being a cunt.

over a year ago

"I suspect you may be right Centaur...How sad that people whose only contribution to humanity, is to drag the ideals of free speech through the gutter. Then shout from the rooftops that they are being denied a platform to spew there twisted ideology from.

When anyone...Yes anyone defends, a man who tramples over the feelings of grieving parents..

Then insists they are all part of a conspiracy.They need to look in a mirror and wonder what the hell went wrong with there humanity.

Free speech is not free there is a price .The price ?.....You decide Centaur as you spiral into your pit of shame"

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Jack Monroe's response is lovely; imagine how Hopkins feels being pitied rather than hated. Possibly made funnier as she'll now have to explain to her kids how she is using a socialist nanny state government life line after losing her home to the whims of a free market that wouldn't give her a job...for being a cunt."

That about sums it up

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

How did Hopkins describe all people who could not manage their finances and ended up in debt? Can anyone remember how she thinks the feckless should be treated? I wonder if the next time she is invited to give hold forth if the interviewer will play some of her own on record comments to her as she complains about how badly she has been treated?

By *riefcase_WankerMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"We need people like her in the public eye, just to remind us where we are going wrong..."

Ain't that the truth...

Probably not as you intended, but you're definitely onto something there

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

She seriously gives cause for grave concern for her general intelligence - notwithstanding moral deficiencies. She firstly saw it was right to state what she has. Then when corrected,s

Is offered to say she's sorry and make a small donation to charity. Willfully rejecting such a generous offer, she's sued - the legal costs are what have swallowed her money.

Thus predictable and avoidable due to those she caused suffering to, giving her the generosity of spirit that is so alien to her.

It's tragic what has happened. There are no winners, except legal professionals doing their jobs. People can say and do what they wish to but must pay the consequences, where they break laws or harm others. Most children have grasped this concept, before they leave primary school.

over a year ago

"Yes

So let me get this straight... so I can say the most ghastly thing and make the most outrageous claim about you which would patently be a lie ... and I can say “freedom of speech” and get away with it....

Is that what you are saying?"

You can call me what you want as long as it ain’t late for dinner.

over a year ago

"Yes

People being ruined over something the said or wrote is a disgusting concept. I’m for total free speech, and for the millions of snowflakes in the world to have to toughen up.

The sickening thing is that when people's lives are ruined after lies are perpetuated by arseholes with an agenda and some moron carries out an attack on them in their home there are dire and sometimes fatal consequences for people..

You may actually want to think before you post because the stuff your coming out with is either simple trolling or your not a mature individual..

"

I don’t agree with people being attacked either. Those who carry out such violent acts should be held accountable. Don’t give them the excuse of being incited, they are solely responsible to their own actions.

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

"Katie is a force of nature, sometimes saying too much, but very often saying what most people believe but haven’t the bottle to say out loud.

There are some very dangerous things happening here, and she doesn’t pull her punches as she rightly points them out.

I do hope she gets her problems solved with the help of her supporters. We need people like her in the public eye, just to remind us where we are going wrong..."

She is a professional shit stirrer. This is karma

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

She wasnt right about Jack Monroe which is why she's up financial sh%t creek without a paddle (or a canoe)

By *eepndarkMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

You really kicked this one off lol.

Looking at the thread some people will be dusting off their "No blacks no Dogs no Irish signs".

The woman has made a living from being vile. Our right wing press love her as she represents their views.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes

I don’t agree with people being attacked either. Those who carry out such violent acts should be held accountable. Don’t give them the excuse of being incited, they are solely responsible to their own actions."

Fact is and there are multiple instances where people have been wound up to such a point the they have carried out acts after some gob shite rabble rouse has lit the fuse..

Holding both to account is far better socially..

over a year ago

"Yes

I assume you approved of the abuse JRMs kids got them ?

over a year ago

"Yes

I assume you approved of the abuse JRMs kids got them ?"

You assume too much.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS
over a year ago

Whitstable

"

It does when you deplatform and silence someone like Alex Jones. He's not been convicted of any hate crime in any court of law, no successful prosecutions have been made against him"

Thats about to change i would think as he is being sued over the Sandy Hook school shootings, specifically by the parents of Noah Posner, a six year old who was killed.

Jones claims it was all a hoax and that the parents were in fact actors.

His arguement basically is that You Tube is not a serious media institution and that he is not a significant public figure. Basically he is saying that his claims about the shootings are a load of made up bull and no one should take it seriously, like he's only joking.

over a year ago

"Yes

You assume too much."

how is this not total free speech ? Where’s the line ?

over a year ago

"Yes

You assume too much.how is this not total free speech ? Where’s the line ?"

Bone is a vicious bastard with a record of violence as long as your leg. The fact that he was so agressive towards a man who was with his children, means that the old cunt is still a threat.

Hard core anarchy is not what I meant when I said total free speech. I don’t believe in direct action, not in his warped way of going about it anyhow.

By *bandjam91Couple
over a year ago

London

"Yes

Shows how little you understand.

Libel laws in the UK and USA are very different for one thing.

In the USA burden of proof for defamation lies with the plaintiff. In the UK burden lies with the defendant.

So your statement about laws being one sided and giving examples of one American and one Brit makes zero sense. Nada. Zilch. Fail.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

"Hard core anarchy is not what I meant when I said total free speech. I don’t believe in direct action, not in his warped way of going about it anyhow."

Freedom of speech guv innit any cunt can call a cunt a cunt call a cunt a paedophile facking peeeeeedo bastard s'my free speech innit can't gag me s'free speech fackin' peeeeeedo snow flakes

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes

You assume too much.how is this not total free speech ? Where’s the line ?

Bone is a vicious bastard with a record of violence as long as your leg. The fact that he was so agressive towards a man who was with his children, means that the old cunt is still a threat.

Hard core anarchy is not what I meant when I said total free speech. I don’t believe in direct action, not in his warped way of going about it anyhow."

You can't have it both ways, totally wrong that bone had a go in front of moggs kids but your claim that he was aggressive doesn't stand up based on the footage shown. Had he been then the police standing by would have stepped in..

All hate speech should be treated the same no matter what the politics, same as extremists should all be condemned and not just the none white ones as often happens on here..

When we allow either set of behaviour to be acceptable by 'our side' then we are part of the problem and that's not good..

over a year ago

"

-Matt"

Not at you personally..but why does everyone say the same thing all the time about this? This is fast becoming a trope.

over a year ago

-Matt

Why do you care so much?

over a year ago

-Matt

-Matt

It's you who is ignorant here Matt, maybe you should go and do some research on this yourself. Facebook, Google and YouTube have obligations under US law to operate on a politically neutral basis or must run their business without aligning themselves to any particular political point of view. It's become blatantly obvious to anyone who has done a bare minimum of research into this (which you clearly haven't) that these tech giants are not being politically neutral and are increasingly becoming politically biased which goes against the rules which they originally agreed to operate under. So when it comes to 'abiding by the rules' maybe companies like Facebook and YouTube should start practicing what they're preaching. "

There's a hint of truth in this...just look at Netflix, sowing the seeds of leftwing propaganda for years now...particularly on racial and gender topics.

over a year ago

"She seriously gives cause for grave concern for her general intelligence - notwithstanding moral deficiencies. She firstly saw it was right to state what she has. Then when corrected,s

Is offered to say she's sorry and make a small donation to charity. Willfully rejecting such a generous offer, she's sued - the legal costs are what have swallowed her money.

Thus predictable and avoidable due to those she caused suffering to, giving her the generosity of spirit that is so alien to her.

It's tragic what has happened. There are no winners, except legal professionals doing their jobs. People can say and do what they wish to but must pay the consequences, where they break laws or harm others. Most children have grasped this concept, before they leave primary school. "

I would say that it's more inconsequential than tragic.

Who cares?! She's a has-been and easily ignored.

By *Cocksucker84Man
over a year ago

salford

"I’m sure Katie just needs to start a crowd funding page, and many thousands will be raised and get her out of the shit.

Many people appreciate what she does, she only has to ask."

Actually someone tried to do this when the case first went to court and the page made fuck all. In contrast, a parody page which was said to crowdfund for her but was actually to a migrant charity made a canny bit of money. So either her supporters are too lazy and uncharitable or they're too stupid to understand how a parody page works. She's also said that people who get themselves into trouble financially only have themselves to blame because they make stupid life choices. If she 'parrots' the truth, she'll know then that it's wrong to ask for financial help off others since it's her own fault she's in this mess.

over a year ago

Part of me does wonder why we hold up Facebook etc to a higher standard of impartiality than our newspapers and news channels.....

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"Part of me does wonder why we hold up Facebook etc to a higher standard of impartiality than our newspapers and news channels....."

For the same reason U.K. residents on a U.K. site blindly copy US copyright code notices and put them at the bottom of their profile on here? Because people are clueless?

-Matt

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

[Removed by poster at 18/09/18 15:14:27]

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

I find it strange the number of people who are saying poor Katie. She is a disgusting individual and deserve everything she get.

As for JRM he is highly intelligent high profile MP who always plans his moves and knows exactly what he is doing. He has a divisive political agenda and has openly protected his personal business interests while doing everything in his power to ensure the most risky brexit for the country in order to further advance his political career knowing exactly how much outrage that would cause and the likelihood of it causing violent disorder if he appeared unprotected in public. So what did he do? and carrying one of his children round in his arms as a shield! He has deliberately acted in a way that was calculated to cause a breach of the peace and placed his own child in danger in a cheap stunt to gain sympathy and deflect attention from his unethical and maybe even corrupt political and business manouverings. And how do the majority react? Do they even see the context? No, its another 'poor JRM' how bad are the left, the left are animals! Don't support the left! Move to the right, and support right thinking law abiding fascists.

Some people are so easy to manipulate, JRM and his mates must be pissing themselves laughing at us plebs.

over a year ago

"Part of me does wonder why we hold up Facebook etc to a higher standard of impartiality than our newspapers and news channels....."

I would think because the likes of Facebook, Google and YouTube are so massive they could hold sway over a far larger amount of people than any newspaper or channel. The reports of user data being used to influence election campaigns is surely an eye opener in that regard. Was for me anyway.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

No she didn't speak the truth. She accused someone of vandalizing war memorials - they didn't do it and were offended because, unlike Hopkins, they come from a military family and have a background in uniformed services. Hopkins refused to back down and lost on court. The fact that she was wrong is not in doubt.

over a year ago

"Part of me does wonder why we hold up Facebook etc to a higher standard of impartiality than our newspapers and news channels.....

I would think because the likes of Facebook, Google and YouTube are so massive they could hold sway over a far larger amount of people than any newspaper or channel. The reports of user data being used to influence election campaigns is surely an eye opener in that regard. Was for me anyway. "

I don’t disagree. Although user data was less their editorial. However despite the fears of Cambridge analytica and / or Russian bots, I suspect the editorial bias the daily mail, the sun, etc held greater weight.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

-Matt

"

How has Facebook and YouTube taken away his freedom of speech?

I ask again: If you submit an article to The Times and they don't publish it, have they violated your freedom of speech?

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"violated.

I ask again: If you submit an article to The Times and they don't publish it, have they violated your freedom of speech?"

The Big difference is you publish it yourself on those platforms, its meant to be an open area where anyone can put up their thoughts,also a newspaper has a liabilty for anything that appears in it, they dont appear to

over a year ago

"violated.

I ask again: If you submit an article to The Times and they don't publish it, have they violated your freedom of speech?

The Big difference is you publish it yourself on those platforms, its meant to be an open area where anyone can put up their thoughts,also a newspaper has a liabilty for anything that appears in it, they dont appear to "

I’m not 100% convinced that is what they are meant to be. Who decided what they are meant to be? Feel more like the owners/shareholders than us tbh.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

"violated.

The Big difference is you publish it yourself on those platforms, its meant to be an open area where anyone can put up their thoughts,also a newspaper has a liabilty for anything that appears in it, they dont appear to "

The Times publishes letters doesn't it?

And in spite of what you think, given that they are privately owned media platforms the company, in effect publishes what is written, in much the same way that columnists don't own newspapers. Facebook and YouTube are private corporations, and like all of them, are concerned with their brand image.

Freedom of the press means that anyone can publish as long as they have the financial means to do so. Anyone could buy a website or start a newspaper.

over a year ago

Absolutely spot on. Kate Hopkins is fully entitled to express her own views and opinions. It really is a shame that some folk just can't handle the concept of Free speech. Freedom of speech is under attack as we've already seen with the deplatforming and attempted silencing of Alex Jones in the USA. These attempts to stifle and suppress free speech really need to be resisted and it's people like Kate Hopkins and Alex Jones who are out on the front line fighting this battle. Maybe Kate Hopkins should start a crowd funding site to support her cause, I for one would be willing to make a donation and I expect she would get a lot of support, not only here in the UK but from the USA too.

No, see Centy, this is where you and your right-wing Alex Jones loving buddies get it so wrong. The fact that someone can find your views offensive, or that a court of law can find a claim you make wrong does not mean Freedon of Speech is not there. Ironically, it is *you* who cannot handle or understand the concept of Freedom of Speech if you believe that it somehow means "freedom of consequences for my words and actions".

-Matt"

over a year ago

To be fair; she didn’t and doesn’t speak the truth. She doesn’t know what truth is. She alleged that Jack Monroe had defaced a war memorial during a political protest. She hadn’t. Hatie Kopkins had attempted to call somebody out on social media for inappropriate behaviour and got her facts wrong. Refused to retract. Went to court. And lost. Quite rightly.

And then, the self appointed defender of “free speech”, Katie Hopkins, didn’t want the rest of the world to know she’d had to enter in to a bankruptcy arrangement. Because, you know, press freedom

Karma can be such a bastard can’t it.

By *heislanderMan
over a year ago

cheshunt

"To be fair; she didn’t and doesn’t speak the truth. She doesn’t know what truth is. She alleged that Jack Monroe had defaced a war memorial during a political protest. She hadn’t. Hatie Kopkins had attempted to call somebody out on social media for inappropriate behaviour and got her facts wrong. Refused to retract. Went to court. And lost. Quite rightly.

And then, the self appointed defender of “free speech”, Katie Hopkins, didn’t want the rest of the world to know she’d had to enter in to a bankruptcy arrangement. Because, you know, press freedom

Karma can be such a bastard can’t it. "

The real winners in this are their legal teams. I’m not a fan of either of them, however they’ve both made careers from playing their followers.

over a year ago

"Yes

Hard core anarchy is not what I meant when I said total free speech. I don’t believe in direct action, not in his warped way of going about it anyhow."

That old knobhead bone was not being aggressive, just exercising free speech.

You either stand for free speech within the limits of the law like most of us or you stand for total unaccountable free speech, you can't have it both ways.

over a year ago

"Yes

Hard core anarchy is not what I meant when I said total free speech. I don’t believe in direct action, not in his warped way of going about it anyhow.

You either stand for free speech within the limits of the law like most of us or you stand for total unaccountable free speech, you can't have it both ways."

So someone can come to your door and tell you’re children that you’re daddy is a horrible person and lots of people hate you ?

Children are and should be off limmits to scum like him and a persons private house

over a year ago

"Yes

You either stand for free speech within the limits of the law like most of us or you stand for total unaccountable free speech, you can't have it both ways.

So someone can come to your door and tell you’re children that you’re daddy is a horrible person and lots of people hate you ?

Children are and should be off limmits to scum like him and a persons private house "

most people will agree. However those who stand for absolute and total free speech can’t. Once you start drawing lines you need to debate if the line is in the right place.

Eg I can call anyone I like a paedophile, indeed i can tell the whole world they are. But can’t say so in their house.

Am I okay to call this this if we’re in someone else’s house ? What about an office ?

Can I stand on the street and shout at them in their garden ?

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

"To be fair; she didn’t and doesn’t speak the truth. She doesn’t know what truth is. She alleged that Jack Monroe had defaced a war memorial during a political protest. She hadn’t. Hatie Kopkins had attempted to call somebody out on social media for inappropriate behaviour and got her facts wrong. Refused to retract. Went to court. And lost. Quite rightly.

Karma can be such a bastard can’t it.

The real winners in this are their legal teams. I’m not a fan of either of them, however they’ve both made careers from playing their followers. "

sorry but I don't get how someone who writes cookbooks for a living is in any way the same as a pro troll like Hopkins...

By *.gerri.xTV/TS
over a year ago

North west

Oh the irony

Post new Message to Thread