Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

No deal for brits living in the eu

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tillup4funMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?"

Why not just wait and see if it is a no deal first in stead of stirring things up for no good reason.

over a year ago

"It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?

Why not just wait and see if it is a no deal first in stead of stirring things up for no good reason."

Because they have to be ready for both outcomes and I did say it looks, not it will.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?"

I'd suggest they start reading up on the rules of their host country about citizens of "third countries", and what they may need to do to comply if they wish to remain there.

It is the same for EU citizens in the UK.

Our Government could make a unilateral declaration about their status if it wished to, instead of using them as bargaining chips.

over a year ago

"It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?

I'd suggest they start reading up on the rules of their host country about citizens of "third countries", and what they may need to do to comply if they wish to remain there.

It is the same for EU citizens in the UK.

Our Government could make a unilateral declaration about their status if it wished to, instead of using them as bargaining chips.

"

That is right, they should make it clear to them from the beginning of what would happen to them both

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

hasn't the government already said any EU naionals already here can stay

over a year ago

I don't think their pensions will be stopped, but the insurance companies may have the dilemma of whether to break the law or not. Can you imagine the uproar in the local place du village or Plaza del pueblo when the poor old Brits stop spending their money in their precious little shops. I think there will be some hammering on Messrs Merkels and Macron's door for action

I suppose their reaction could be to expel them as illegal immigrants and confiscate all their assets. I am joking by the way.

March 29th 2019 is going to be such a fun day.

over a year ago

"hasn't the government already said any EU naionals already here can stay "

They’ve said a lot of contradicting things on this subject. But it’s not the OPs question.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

nothing will change much all posturing and chest puffing ...all bollocks

over a year ago

As someone whom it affects - yes we are personally following 3rd countries rules. We have also been in touch with our pension providers who assure is that will continue paying out pensions - subject to any exchange control rules and us being able to retain a UK bank account. The state pension can be paid into overseas banks. The worrying factor is the pound is dropping daily. The beaurocracy is phenomenal and the translations of English documents expensive! If brexit goes "tits up" could we end up like Greece? Forced into more austerity - state pensions cut, government pensions cut - but none of that's going to happen because it's going to be marvellous! We shall see - but if you don't prepare your a fool.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Yes they have it was reported on the news last night along with the technical notes for a no deal scenario.

In the event of no deal EU citizens already in the UK can stay, the EU have not said if they will reciprocate so if anyone is using people as pawns it is the EU.

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

"nothing will change much all posturing and chest puffing ...all bollocks"

And you know this because????

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The UK government wasn't particularly interested in them for the referendum, despite their lives also having major impacts from it. They're referred to when it may be convenient.

A disastrous for everyone no-deal is a real possibility due to the significant driving forces manipulating the conservative party with extremist views.

Individual countries will potentially have to resort to imposing alien visitors law upon UK citizens there, otherwise it would be seen as prejudiced in favour of them, compared to other nationalities. Or more brits would pop over and stay.

It's clear that the conservatives were not ready nor capable of managing Brexit in the timeframes for all residents and expats. I'd be furious if I was still living overseas and home and business were threatened after the conservatives managed an illegally undertaken campaign and imposed repatriation into a country where many won't be able to automatically bring spouses and children. They would also be a burden upon limited UK housing and other infrastructure as well as be unable to use all services, such as NHS etc.

Unfold £ money has been spent on this, which was forced by the conservatives desperate to remain in power, so they pledged the referendum before the general election, in order to pull voters from UKIP.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Didn't you hear the reports this week of UK children with British Passports having their citizenship rejected when they came to renew their passports leaving them stateless? These were children of EU nationals.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

even the pro eu I has reported that it was an error which is being rectified but hey why lets facts get in your way

over a year ago

"nothing will change much all posturing and chest puffing ...all bollocks"

Suggest you read 3rd country rules for France as you have a place here. Your tax on your second home is just about to hit 49% when you sell!

over a year ago

"even the pro eu I has reported that it was an error which is being rectified but hey why lets facts get in your way"

Yes that’s right it was an error and has happened before it’s just at the moment the press jump on anything they can print shite about to keep the pot stirring

There is always someone having problems with immigration status but most of the time it gets sorted out

over a year ago

"nothing will change much all posturing and chest puffing ...all bollocks

Suggest you read 3rd country rules for France as you have a place here. Your tax on your second home is just about to hit 49% when you sell!"

That's going to sting when you come home.Although I am not against a second home tax here.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"even the pro eu I has reported that it was an error which is being rectified but hey why lets facts get in your way

Yes that’s right it was an error and has happened before it’s just at the moment the press jump on anything they can print shite about to keep the pot stirring

There is always someone having problems with immigration status but most of the time it gets sorted out "

Tell that to the people of the windrush generation who got deported.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"hasn't the government already said any EU naionals already here can stay

Yes they have it was reported on the news last night along with the technical notes for a no deal scenario.

In the event of no deal EU citizens already in the UK can stay, the EU have not said if they will reciprocate so if anyone is using people as pawns it is the EU. "

Has the "hostile environment" towards immigrants finished, then?

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

You know . . .

"Deport first, ask questions later."

© Theresa May

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"even the pro eu I has reported that it was an error which is being rectified but hey why lets facts get in your way

There is always someone having problems with immigration status but most of the time it gets sorted out

Tell that to the people of the windrush generation who got deported. "

Thats your usual game, get found out spreading fake news and try and divert attention, this thread is about eu citizens living here, last time I looked the windrush generation didnt come from the EU.

Was the issue about kids born here not getting uk passports a mistake thats being rectified? A simple yes will do

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

" this thread is about eu citizens living here, "

No, it's not.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

" this thread is about eu citizens living here,

No, it's not."

No youre right there

But the point im making is true

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Thats your usual game, get found out spreading fake news and try and divert attention, this thread is about eu citizens living here, last time I looked the windrush generation didnt come from the EU.

Was the issue about kids born here not getting uk passports a mistake thats being rectified? A simple yes will do"

No, the thread is about UK citizens living in the EU, but I was responding to a post where someone had misunderstood that.

I am not spreading "fake news" the fact that British citizens were stripped of their citizenship and left stateless was REAL NEWS. People like you try to dismiss it as "fake news" which really means "news you don't like". Another poster tried to downplay it saying 'it will get sorted out' but that's not always the case, for example with the Windrush generation, where over 100 British citizens were deported.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

In the event of no deal EU citizens already in the UK can stay, the EU have not said if they will reciprocate so if anyone is using people as pawns it is the EU. "

actually the uk are going to make EU citizens pay for the privilege of staying here... £65 pounds to get a residence card! how mighty kind of them!!!!

they haven't said what rights they would be entitled to yet.......

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Didn't you hear the reports this week of UK children with British Passports having their citizenship rejected when they came to renew their passports leaving them stateless? These were children of EU nationals. "

Yet more fake news from CLCC

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Was the issue about kids born here not getting uk passports a mistake thats being rectified? A simple yes will do

No, the thread is about UK citizens living in the EU, but I was responding to a post where someone had misunderstood that.

I am not spreading "fake news" the fact that British citizens were stripped of their citizenship and left stateless was REAL NEWS. People like you try to dismiss it as "fake news" which really means "news you don't like". Another poster tried to downplay it saying 'it will get sorted out' but that's not always the case, for example with the Windrush generation, where over 100 British citizens were deported."

What you originally said is now known to be an error, can you at least acknowledge you made a mistake, or were you deliberately spreading fake news?

By *bandjam91Couple
over a year ago

London

I am not spreading "fake news" the fact that British citizens were stripped of their citizenship and left stateless was REAL NEWS. People like you try to dismiss it as "fake news" which really means "news you don't like". Another poster tried to downplay it saying 'it will get sorted out' but that's not always the case, for example with the Windrush generation, where over 100 British citizens were deported.

What you originally said is now known to be an error, can you at least acknowledge you made a mistake, or were you deliberately spreading fake news? "

What's the process for impeaching a fab forum member who sounds like an angry orange baby?

over a year ago

In the event of no deal EU citizens already in the UK can stay, the EU have not said if they will reciprocate so if anyone is using people as pawns it is the EU.

actually the uk are going to make EU citizens pay for the privilege of staying here... £65 pounds to get a residence card! how mighty kind of them!!!!

they haven't said what rights they would be entitled to yet......."

That's a bargain - our carte de sejour has cost us 1400€ so far! (700€ each in translations ).

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Didn't you hear the reports this week of UK children with British Passports having their citizenship rejected when they came to renew their passports leaving them stateless? These were children of EU nationals.

Yet more fake news from CLCC "

In what way is that fake news?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

They will be fine,the EU needs them to bolster there economies.Spain needs these people to keep the costas economies going.

If I lived there would not be worried at all but they would want me as they would be very scared of losing us

over a year ago

"It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?They will be fine,the EU needs them to bolster there economies.Spain needs these people to keep the costas economies going.

If I lived there would not be worried at all but they would want me as they would be very scared of losing us"

This has made me think (dangerous)

Brits in the Eu are seen as bolstering their economy. But Eu in the uk are seen as a strain.

Now I know there are different demographics. Brits May be higher net wealth. But also older. And non productive.

Has anybody seen any analysis to see who gets the better deal? Or at least, what the differing trade offs are ...

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It looks more likely that it will be a no deal, whats your view of what will happen to the brits that lives in the eu?They will be fine,the EU needs them to bolster there economies.Spain needs these people to keep the costas economies going.

If I lived there would not be worried at all but they would want me as they would be very scared of losing us"

spoken like a true "little englander"...

but see... here is the uncomfortable truth

the people who come here to the uk from the eu are the younger types...

they are earning more money, paying more taxes, contributing more to the local ecoinomies, and rather than certain newspapers would like you to believe are using the nhs less.....

basically you don't come to the UK to retire...

there is a reason the UK NHS are happy to cover the bills of the elderly abroad... its because it costs them less doing it this way than shipping them back to the UK and getting them treated here.... it would put much more of a strain and you'd need more staff....

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"March 29th 2019 is going to be such a fun day."

And it can’t come quick enough

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

I am not spreading "fake news" the fact that British citizens were stripped of their citizenship and left stateless was REAL NEWS. People like you try to dismiss it as "fake news" which really means "news you don't like". Another poster tried to downplay it saying 'it will get sorted out' but that's not always the case, for example with the Windrush generation, where over 100 British citizens were deported."

This thread is not about the windrush generation who were treated badly, You claimed that some kids of eu nationals had been refused a new passports, that was soon recognized as a mistake and has been sorted. Do YOU agree that to be the case,more fake news from you

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

If I lived there would not be worried at all but they would want me as they would be very scared of losing us

they are earning more money, paying more taxes, contributing more to the local ecoinomies, and rather than certain newspapers would like you to believe are using the nhs less.....

there is a reason the UK NHS are happy to cover the bills of the elderly abroad... its because it costs them less doing it this way than shipping them back to the UK and getting them treated here.... it would put much more of a strain and you'd need more staff....

"

So what you are saying is that health care abroad costs less than the same treatment from the NHS and yet those health care providers abroad must be making a profit, perhaps that says more about ineffiecencies in the NHS and why it needs sorting out

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

This thread is not about the windrush generation who were treated badly, You claimed that some kids of eu nationals had been refused a new passports, that was soon recognized as a mistake and has been sorted. Do YOU agree that to be the case,more fake news from you "

How is it fake news? It happened? Unless you are saying it never happened? Now THAT would be fake news.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

This thread is not about the windrush generation who were treated badly, You claimed that some kids of eu nationals had been refused a new passports, that was soon recognized as a mistake and has been sorted. Do YOU agree that to be the case,more fake news from you

How is it fake news? It happened? Unless you are saying it never happened? Now THAT would be fake news."

But it was recognized as a mistake before you brought it up so its fake news as its NOT happening as you claimed it was going to.

Your post above, did you check it was rectified which had been done before your post or just as usual grab at anything to push your ideas,

Once again has it been sorted

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

How is it fake news? It happened? Unless you are saying it never happened? Now THAT would be fake news.

But it was recognized as a mistake before you brought it up so its fake news as its NOT happening as you claimed it was going to.

Your post above, did you check it was rectified which had been done before your post or just as usual grab at anything to push your ideas,

Once again has it been sorted "

But it still happened. By saying it's "fake news" you are claiming that it didn't happen, when it did.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So what you are saying is that health care abroad costs less than the same treatment from the NHS and yet those health care providers abroad must be making a profit, perhaps that says more about ineffiecencies in the NHS and why it needs sorting out"

actually yes it does cost the nhs less to for example pay the spanish state to treat the people locally then it would cost for NHS to bring them back to the UK.... be that because for some things such as cancer treatments the waiting times aren't as long so they don't develop other potential issues in the meantime for example....

cost benefit analysis.....

also if there are inefficencies in the NHS, you can't blame that on "johnny EU" if you about 15% of the staff you rely on are coming from said EU, especially for specialist skiiled positions that the UK don't train enough people for... radiologists for example would be one such position.....

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

But it still happened. By saying it's "fake news" you are claiming that it didn't happen, when it did. "

YOU implied it was still happening when if you had bothered to check you would have known it was rectified and had stopped BEFORE you posted, so yes it was fake news when YOU posted it and implied it was STILL happening,but hey ho your never wrong even when time after time you have been caught out, I bet your a joy to work with, always right and when youre not its someones elses fault

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

So what you are saying is that health care abroad costs less than the same treatment from the NHS and yet those health care providers abroad must be making a profit, perhaps that says more about ineffiecencies in the NHS and why it needs sorting out

actually yes it does cost the nhs less to for example pay the spanish state to treat the people locally then it would cost for NHS to bring them back to the UK.... be that because for some things such as cancer treatments the waiting times aren't as long so they don't develop other potential issues in the meantime for example....

also if there are inefficencies in the NHS, you can't blame that on "johnny EU" if you about 15% of the staff you rely on are coming from said EU, especially for specialist skiiled positions that the UK don't train enough people for... radiologists for example would be one such position....."

I dont think anyone who has experience of working in the NHS would say IF there are inefficencies. K has worked in it all her working life, too many managers pushing paper around for no purpose etc etc. We need an honest open debate how to run it without labour and the unions using it as a political football, it just cant carry on as it does now, we spend more and more each year yet it cant keep up, we have an ageing population and something needs to change,

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

But it still happened. By saying it's "fake news" you are claiming that it didn't happen, when it did.

YOU implied it was still happening when if you had bothered to check you would have known it was rectified and had stopped BEFORE you posted, so yes it was fake news when YOU posted it and implied it was STILL happening,but hey ho your never wrong even when time after time you have been caught out, I bet your a joy to work with, always right and when youre not its someones elses fault "

It happened, you seem to be claiming otherwise. That is fake news, or what I call straight up lying. I think it's disgusting how little you seem to care about how BRITISH CITIZENS have been treated. I wonder if you would be so forgiving if you had been made stateless.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

YOU implied it was still happening when if you had bothered to check you would have known it was rectified and had stopped BEFORE you posted, so yes it was fake news when YOU posted it and implied it was STILL happening,but hey ho your never wrong even when time after time you have been caught out, I bet your a joy to work with, always right and when youre not its someones elses fault

It happened, you seem to be claiming otherwise. That is fake news, or what I call straight up lying. I think it's disgusting how little you seem to care about how BRITISH CITIZENS have been treated. I wonder if you would be so forgiving if you had been made stateless. "

Is English your first language as you seem to have difficulty in reading or understanding it, try and find somewhere where I said it didnt happen, it was a mistake and was rectified before YOU posted about it implying that it was still going on IE lying, youve been caught out again, you make politicians look like straight talkers

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

It happened, you seem to be claiming otherwise. That is fake news, or what I call straight up lying. I think it's disgusting how little you seem to care about how BRITISH CITIZENS have been treated. I wonder if you would be so forgiving if you had been made stateless.

Is English your first language as you seem to have difficulty in reading or understanding it, try and find somewhere where I said it didnt happen, it was a mistake and was rectified before YOU posted about it implying that it was still going on IE lying, youve been caught out again, you make politicians look like straight talkers "

Where did I say it's still happening? By saying it's "fake news" you have implied that it never happened at all.

Like I said. You don't seem to give a shit about British citizens being stripped of their citizenship, and it's pretty obvious why.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Ouch!

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Is English your first language as you seem to have difficulty in reading or understanding it, try and find somewhere where I said it didnt happen, it was a mistake and was rectified before YOU posted about it implying that it was still going on IE lying, youve been caught out again, you make politicians look like straight talkers

Where did I say it's still happening? By saying it's "fake news" you have implied that it never happened at all.

Like I said. You don't seem to give a shit about British citizens being stripped of their citizenship, and it's pretty obvious why."

Check your facts in future before posting such ridiculous nonsense. You clearly didn't check when you posted. At the time you posted it had already been recognised as a mistake and an error, can you at least acknowledge it was a mistake and an error? You have not done so yet on the thread even though several different posters have pointed this out to you. You should have checked the credibility of what you were posting or it draws the conclusion you were deliberately telling a lie and spreading fake news.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

It happened, it's not fake news, suck it up snowflakes.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

Like I said. You don't seem to give a shit about British citizens being stripped of their citizenship, and it's pretty obvious why."

Thats it, get caught out and then try and deflect and bring up the everyone that disagrees with me is a racist card, sorry sonny wont wash, notice you cant find where I said it never happened or even suggested it had never happened

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 25/08/18 19:43:24]

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Like I said. You don't seem to give a shit about British citizens being stripped of their citizenship, and it's pretty obvious why.

Thats it, get caught out and then try and deflect and bring up the everyone that disagrees with me is a racist card, sorry sonny wont wash, notice you cant find where I said it never happened or even suggested it had never happened "

You called it fake news. But it happened. It's real news.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

Thats it, get caught out and then try and deflect and bring up the everyone that disagrees with me is a racist card, sorry sonny wont wash, notice you cant find where I said it never happened or even suggested it had never happened

"

YOURE the fake news, YOU implied it was STILL going on, that is FAKE ie ITS NOT STILL going on

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"It happened, it's not fake news, suck it up snowflakes. "

And has now been recognised it was a mistake an an error, it had already been recognised and accepted a mistake and an error before you posted it on this thread. Is it too much trouble for you to acknowledge this?

At least the release of the government technical notes for no deal have shut you up posting scaremongering nonsense about medicine and pharmaceutical shortages (more fake news) so I suppose when that was taken away from you it was only natural for you to look for something equally more ridiculous to post on here.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

YOURE the fake news, YOU implied it was STILL going on, that is FAKE ie ITS NOT STILL going on"

No, I didn't, perhaps you read something that wasn't there.

So do you admit that this DID HAPPEN, and so it's not fake news that British citizens were stripped of their citizenship and left stateless? Did that happen, yes or no?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"It happened, it's not fake news, suck it up snowflakes.

And has now been recognised it was a mistake an an error, it had already been recognised and accepted a mistake and an error before you posted it on this thread. Is it too much trouble for you to acknowledge this?

At least the release of the government technical notes for no deal have shut you up posting scaremongering nonsense about medicine and pharmaceutical shortages (more fake news) so I suppose when that was taken away from you it was only natural for you to look for something equally more ridiculous to post on here. "

But it still happened Centaur. So it's not fake news.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

"

But it had already been recognised and acknowledged as a mistake and an error before you posted it on here. You either didn't know it had been recognised and acknowledged as a mistake, in which case you are incompetent, or you did know it had already been recognised as a mistake and an error in which case you were deliberately spreading fake news.

So are you incompetent or were you spreading fake news?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

But it had already been recognised and acknowledged as a mistake and an error before you posted it on here. You either didn't know it had been recognised and acknowledged as a mistake, in which case you are incompetent, or you did know it had already been recognised as a mistake and an error in which case you were deliberately spreading fake news.

So are you incompetent or were you spreading fake news? "

All I said was it happened. If you think that's fake news, then you must believe that it didn't happen.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 25/08/18 20:08:41]

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

also if there are inefficencies in the NHS, you can't blame that on "johnny EU" if you about 15% of the staff you rely on are coming from said EU, especially for specialist skiiled positions that the UK don't train enough people for... radiologists for example would be one such position.....

I dont think anyone who has experience of working in the NHS would say IF there are inefficencies. K has worked in it all her working life, too many managers pushing paper around for no purpose etc etc. We need an honest open debate how to run it without labour and the unions using it as a political football, it just cant carry on as it does now, we spend more and more each year yet it cant keep up, we have an ageing population and something needs to change, "

i worked in the NHS in my very young days... my sister has worked in the nhs in one way or another for almost the last 15 years.. and my mum (god bless her) came over her from the carribean and basically gave her entire working life to the NHS and worked her way up from nurse to a top administrator in a big london hospital

i am up for honest debate about how the NHS is run... but i am not going to blame the EU for how it is run because decisions about the NHS were not made in brussels, they were made by a uk government thru a health sec, and working down thru the chain

which side used the NHS as a political football in this discussion? they are never going to be able to keep the promise they made, and if any government was honest enough to say to me "we will tax you more and that money will go on the NHS" I'd be more than happy to do it!!! they have saved my life on more than one occasion.....

but one side have not been truthful and still continue to be truthful by saying that the "promise" they made would be covered by a brexit bonzana.......

its not!!!

can i play to you something......

its nigel farage being interviewed not 9 hrs after the vote.... see what he said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XTYfzd1I

oh no, not me mr!!!!!!

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

All I said was it happened. If you think that's fake news, then you must believe that it didn't happen. "

You said it happened AFTER it had already been recognised as a mistake and an error. The only conclusion people can reach from this is you're either incompetent because you didn't know when you posted it, or you knew and so you were deliberately spreading fake news. So which is it, are you Incompetent or were you spreading fake news?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

All I said was it happened. If you think that's fake news, then you must believe that it didn't happen.

You said it happened AFTER it had already been recognised as a mistake and an error. The only conclusion people can reach from this is you're either incompetent because you didn't know when you posted it, or you knew and so you were deliberately spreading fake news. So which is it, are you Incompetent or were you spreading fake news? "

But it still happened, so it's not fake news.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

You said it happened AFTER it had already been recognised as a mistake and an error. The only conclusion people can reach from this is you're either incompetent because you didn't know when you posted it, or you knew and so you were deliberately spreading fake news. So which is it, are you Incompetent or were you spreading fake news?

But it still happened, so it's not fake news. "

So you're saying you're incompetent because you didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

So you're saying you're incompetent because you didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone. "

Where did I say that? I said this thing happened. You are saying that is fake news, but it's not. It happened. Like the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting happened. The shooting which you refuse to admit happened.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

So you're saying you're incompetent because you didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Where did I say that? I said this thing happened. You are saying that is fake news, but it's not. It happened. Like the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting happened. The shooting which you refuse to admit happened. "

You posted about it on here as if it was still true, even though it had already been debunked and recognised as a mistake. You should have checked before you posted it. You're incompetent for not checking.

If you did know it had already been debunked then your guilty of spreading fake news.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Where did I say that? I said this thing happened. You are saying that is fake news, but it's not. It happened. Like the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting happened. The shooting which you refuse to admit happened.

You posted about it on here as if it was still true, even though it had already been debunked and recognised as a mistake. You should have checked before you posted it. You're incompetent for not checking.

If you did know it had already been debunked then your guilty of spreading fake news. "

See, you still can't admit that the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting happened. Why is that? You need to take a good long look at yourself in the mirror.

I posted about something that happened. I didn't say it was still happening.

You keep saying that it's fake news, so that is you denying that it happened.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

I dont think anyone who has experience of working in the NHS would say IF there are inefficencies. K has worked in it all her working life, too many managers pushing paper around for no purpose etc etc. We need an honest open debate how to run it without labour and the unions using it as a political football, it just cant carry on as it does now, we spend more and more each year yet it cant keep up, we have an ageing population and something needs to change,

i worked in the NHS in my very young days... my sister has worked in the nhs in one way or another for almost the last 15 years.. and my mum (god bless her) came over her from the carribean and basically gave her entire working life to the NHS and worked her way up from nurse to a top administrator in a big london hospital

i am up for honest debate about how the NHS is run... but i am not going to blame the EU for how it is run because decisions about the NHS were not made in brussels, they were made by a uk government thru a health sec, and working down thru the chain

which side used the NHS as a political football in this discussion? they are never going to be able to keep the promise they made, and if any government was honest enough to say to me "we will tax you more and that money will go on the NHS" I'd be more than happy to do it!!! they have saved my life on more than one occasion.....

but one side have not been truthful and still continue to be truthful by saying that the "promise" they made would be covered by a brexit bonzana.......

its not!!!

its nigel farage being interviewed not 9 hrs after the vote.... see what he said!

oh no, not me mr!!!!!!"

The nhs and its need for change is not the fault of the eu, its nothing to do with brexit , its the need for a debate on health care and the care of the elderly in the future without it becoming a points scoring exercise

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

its not!!!

oh no, not me mr!!!!!!

The nhs and its need for change is not the fault of the eu, its nothing to do with brexit , its the need for a debate on health care and the care of the elderly in the future without it becoming a points scoring exercise

"

But Brexit negatively impacts the health of the nation, just look at the 95%+ fall in the number of EU nurses registering in the UK.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

I dont think anyone who has experience of working in the NHS would say IF there are inefficencies. K has worked in it all her working life, too many managers pushing paper around for no purpose etc etc. We need an honest open debate how to run it without labour and the unions using it as a political football, it just cant carry on as it does now, we spend more and more each year yet it cant keep up, we have an ageing population and something needs to change, "

Had you mentioned the amount of profit being made by the private sector and the vested interests of some in government it would have had our full given Lynn's been in it for nigh on 37 years and half of my family are also professionals in it also..

Mentioning just the unions using it as a political football is a tad ironic and not in line with any suggestion of an open and honest debate..

over a year ago

What a load of rubbish - you don't have a fucking clue!!

Those that live here know how wrong that is. The common argument is we spend a lot of money - yes they do but it's not that significant. We are all MIGRANTS in the EU living here because it's better than the UK and cheaper - or why would we be living in the UK! Most of these MIGRANTS living in EU countries pay no INCOME TAX so the state doesn't benefit. A bit like the leave campaign - come to our country use our NHS, claim benefits etc and not pay tax - you know the ones the UK don't want - Well guess what neither do the Europeans! As for don't worry - some people here have sold up at any price and some have committed suicide - so don't talk such crap that you have no idea how stressful brexit has been for some people!

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"

As allways your looking for problems,not like most people in the USA but maybe you live here to feel at home with the high percentage of negative brits called remainers lol

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

its not!!!

oh no, not me mr!!!!!!"

No disrespect to your mum but you make it sound like she worked for the NHS for nothing, she got paid for the work she did the same as anyone else!I don't understand why people think because you work for the NHS you suddenly take on some 'saintly' status but they do deserve our gratitude and respect.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

Had you mentioned the amount of profit being made by the private sector and the vested interests of some in government it would have had our full given Lynn's been in it for nigh on 37 years and half of my family are also professionals in it also..

Mentioning just the unions using it as a political football is a tad ironic and not in line with any suggestion of an open and honest debate..

"

Where as your comment about private companies is I suppose.

Have you ever heard the unions or labour say it needs to modernise,change, evolve, become less top heavy etc etc. No all they say to any change is "hands off our NHS".

Is privatisation good? sometimes but not always. Virgin have taken over the area K works in and have modernised several areas that the old managers wouldnt do but the front line staff wanted too for a long time, are they perfect, no they arent but its a start, no private business could carry the level of managers etc that the nhs does, this simply must change to allow for more front line staff, I cant see how anyone can argue against that,procurement is another area that it seems to be very bad at, along with many public sector bodies, as for some of the PFI schemes and the costs that are being paid out it beggars belief that anyone could agree to them

over a year ago

"

Have you ever heard the unions or labour say it needs to modernise,change, evolve, become less top heavy etc etc. No all they say to any change is "hands off our NHS".

Is privatisation good? sometimes but not always. Virgin have taken over the area K works in and have modernised several areas that the old managers wouldnt do but the front line staff wanted too for a long time, are they perfect, no they arent but its a start, no private business could carry the level of managers etc that the nhs does, this simply must change to allow for more front line staff, I cant see how anyone can argue against that,procurement is another area that it seems to be very bad at, along with many public sector bodies, as for some of the PFI schemes and the costs that are being paid out it beggars belief that anyone could agree to them

"

Private enterprise aren't going to do it for nothing. They need a profit too!

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Private enterprise aren't going to do it for nothing. They need a profit too!"

Look how well the railways and prisons are run.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

"

You will note if you care to that I am in agreement with what you say but to omit one area which is a part of the overall issue that needs to be addressed is strange..

Also your point about the unions opposing change etc needs to be left back in the 70s when it was more relevant perhaps..

On the rest we would agree but since the take over by private companies and the end of the PCTs certainly in Surrey and Sussex where we were it was more the case that the numbers of managers hardly changed and the staff on the ground were reduced as they were reorganised..

over a year ago

"

Look how well the railways and prisons are run. "

Not disagreeing with you at all! The "British fix" is privatise to stop the government spending borrowed money - let the private sector spend it - but ultimately it works out more expensive in the long run! A good example being Hinkley - French build it, Chinese fund it and ultimately the British public pay a fortune for it! Classic.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Look how well the railways and prisons are run.

Not disagreeing with you at all! The "British fix" is privatise to stop the government spending borrowed money - let the private sector spend it - but ultimately it works out more expensive in the long run! A good example being Hinkley - French build it, Chinese fund it and ultimately the British public pay a fortune for it! Classic."

Was it G4S who were in charge of security for the Olympics?

Post new Message to Thread