Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Grenfell inquiry

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bern watching this and not keen on the questioning and the direction it's going.

I thought the inquiry would run jn chronological order, beginning with the decision to clad the tower, and the policies, guidelines that allowed it to be fitted, and the condition of the building's fire precautions etc..

Indtead, the officers seem yo to be questioned on how they acted, and the reasons for their actions.

I get an uneasy feeling they could be scapegoated

Anyone else been watching this on tv?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

There was a previous Grenfell thread on here last week. Maybe you should read that one and resurrect it.

Who is being scapegoated?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/07/18 15:37:47]

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

How can people respond if you don't make your posts clear?

over a year ago

"There was a previous Grenfell thread on here last week. Maybe you should read that one and resurrect it.

"

Never mind.

" Who's being scapegoated?

"

The arch bishop of fucking Canterbury!!, maybe you should go find the other thread yourself!

over a year ago

"How can people respond if you don't make your posts clear?"

Pronouns confuse you?

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Your post does not make it clear who is being scapegoated.

over a year ago

"Your post does not make it clear who is being scapegoated."

Watch the fucking news then

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Or you could just make your posts clear like an intelligent person, instead of swearing to remove all doubt that you are an ignorant peasant.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

The Fire Brigade's Union has already expressed it's concerns on how the questioning of its members has been going.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"The Fire Brigade's Union has already expressed it's concerns on how the questioning of its members has been going.

"

It's quite clear the OP was talking about the fire brigade. Well, it was to me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The Fire Brigade's Union has already expressed it's concerns on how the questioning of its members has been going.

It's quite clear the OP was talking about the fire brigade. Well, it was to me. "

And me ,also agree with op about cladding ect that should have been the first and main thing to start with

over a year ago

And me ,also agree with op about cladding ect that should have been the first and main thing to start with"

Does anyone know where the near 20million that was raised went too ?

over a year ago

And me ,also agree with op about cladding ect that should have been the first and main thing to start with

Does anyone know where the near 20million that was raised went too ?"

No mention at all. I'd like to know too!

over a year ago

Does anyone know where the near 20million that was raised went too ?

No mention at all. I'd like to know too!

"

Yea i read it was being handled by a management company would like to know which one and who runs it ect

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

The right way to go with such an investigation is to work back from the event, evidence is fresh and recall of those attending also..

Whilst all those who attended have been interviewed by the police so there is that, people move on and away and people have the usual things in life that may prevent them attending the Inquiry where the fire service to be later on..

The police investigation is ongoing in parallel to the inquiry so they will be gathering any relevant evidence etc for what may follow..

I have concerns as to how the initial oic, the WM was being questioned on policy etc but again that is gathering evidence in person for when principal management of the Brigade and those responsible for National policies etc are hopefully called also..

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I watched a brilliant documentary about grenfell .... before it was even called grenfell.... its history and the problems the residents had from the start .... I think it was called something like .... grenfell a history .... its probably on u tube .... those residents suffered for years with problems in the block .... they didnt want the cladding and repeatedly said they didnt .There were problems with the electrics.. there had been fires before cauaed by faulty electrics .

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Wonder if anyone is interested this bit of the inquiry.

Kingspan who made the cladding, cheating on the fire testing and lying about the results.

With Volkswagen it was the exposure of efforts to artificially suppress diesel emissions. With Kingspan it is the Grenfell Tower inferno in London in June 2017 – one that cost 72 lives – that has triggered the biggest reputational crisis it has faced since it was founded in Co Cavan in 1965.

One of its premium products, Kooltherm K15, was used as insulation on a small portion of the external cladding, some 5 per cent. That only happened because the Grenfell project ran out of insulation from the main supplier, a rival company called Celotex.

Kingspan has said it was completely unaware that K15 was used until after the fire, and it insists that it would have advised against its use if it had known. Nonetheless its use has drawn Kingspan into the spotlight, leading to searching, difficult questions about Kingspan’s safety checks.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

The Tenant Management Organisation which managed flats in the Grenfell Tower was completely unprepared for a disaster as it's emergency plan was 15 years out of date.

They were basically too tight to install any sprinkler systems so I actually blame Kensington and Chelsea council and Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation for this fiasco.

They had 10 million to spend on that block of flats and did it all on the cheep.

Post new Message to Thread