Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

World Cup Politics ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's been well documented why a lot of England fans havnt gone to the World Cup .

But I have been surprised by the numbers from countries further afield than us .

Unlike our Goverment who have distanced themselves !

Do you think other countries have given thie fans help to travel ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's been well documented why a lot of England fans havnt gone to the World Cup .

But I have been surprised by the numbers from countries further afield than us .

Do you think other countries have given thie fans help to travel ?"

maybe less travel bans

over a year ago

"It's been well documented why a lot of England fans havnt gone to the World Cup .

Do you think other countries have given thie fans help to travel ?maybe less travel bans"

Think there is only a couple of thousand ?

Tunisia isn't a rich country , loads more fans there .

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Do you think other countries have given thie fans help to travel ?maybe less travel bans Think there is only a couple of thousand ?

Tunisia isn't a rich country , loads more fans there ."

You think the Tunisian government paid for people to travel there?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Do you think other countries have given thie fans help to travel ?maybe less travel bans Think there is only a couple of thousand ?

A lot of the stadium in tonight's England Tunisia game was filled with local Russians.

over a year ago

You think the Tunisian government paid for people to travel there?"

I was wondering if that was the case yes .

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

A lot of the stadium in tonight's England Tunisia game was filled with local Russians. "

Isn't it normal for the host country to get quite a few tickets? I mean I don't really know, football isn't my thing, but I thought that's the way these things work.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

A lot of the stadium in tonight's England Tunisia game was filled with local Russians.

Isn't it normal for the host country to get quite a few tickets? I mean I don't really know, football isn't my thing, but I thought that's the way these things work. "

A lot of England fans decided not to travel to Russia because of what has been going on between the 2 countries. So yes spare tickets are sold to locals. The last thing Putin wants is empty stadiums on global televised games.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Isn't it normal for the host country to get quite a few tickets? I mean I don't really know, football isn't my thing, but I thought that's the way these things work.

A lot of England fans decided not to travel to Russia because of what has been going on between the 2 countries. So yes spare tickets are sold to locals. The last thing Putin wants is empty stadiums on global televised games. "

I thought it was because they were scared of getting the shit kicked out of them?

You have consistently told us that there has been nothing going on between the UK and Russia, it seems strange that you are now admitting that there has been something going on.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

A lot of England fans decided not to travel to Russia because of what has been going on between the 2 countries. So yes spare tickets are sold to locals. The last thing Putin wants is empty stadiums on global televised games.

I thought it was because they were scared of getting the shit kicked out of them?

You have consistently told us that there has been nothing going on between the UK and Russia, it seems strange that you are now admitting that there has been something going on. "

Where have I ever said that on the forum? Can you post a link to it?

The skripal poison fall out in Salisbury has been all over the news between the UK and Russia, who is to blame remains a mystery but it's been portrayed in the news as a diplomatic fall out between the UK and Russia.

Then there was the stand off in Syria between the UK/France/USA and Assads Syrian forces backed by Russia and Iran. On top of this you also have the threat of violent football hooligans in Russia targeting England fans at the world cup but Russian authorities are reported to have cracked down on it for this tournament.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

You have consistently told us that there has been nothing going on between the UK and Russia, it seems strange that you are now admitting that there has been something going on.

The skripal poison fall out in Salisbury has been all over the news between the UK and Russia, who is to blame remains a mystery but it's been portrayed in the news as a diplomatic fall out between the UK and Russia.

Then there was the stand off in Syria between the UK/France/USA and Assads Syrian forces backed by Russia and Iran. On top of this you also have the threat of violent football hooligans in Russia targeting England fans at the world cup but Russian authorities are reported to have cracked down on it for this tournament. "

You just said it again! "Who is to blame remains a mystery" why would England fans not travel to Russia if it's a mystery as to who attacked a British citizen, a foreign citizen and a British policeman? Are you suggesting that perhaps these fans think it's Russia who was behind the attack?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Then there was the stand off in Syria between the UK/France/USA and Assads Syrian forces backed by Russia and Iran. On top of this you also have the threat of violent football hooligans in Russia targeting England fans at the world cup but Russian authorities are reported to have cracked down on it for this tournament.

You just said it again! "Who is to blame remains a mystery" why would England fans not travel to Russia if it's a mystery as to who attacked a British citizen, a foreign citizen and a British policeman? Are you suggesting that perhaps these fans think it's Russia who was behind the attack?"

Because some people blindly believe the mainstream news media and that is how it has been portrayed in the media.

Ask yourself this was the media right when it reported there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? We now know there weren't any WMD, but it was portrayed in the media that there were.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You just said it again! "Who is to blame remains a mystery" why would England fans not travel to Russia if it's a mystery as to who attacked a British citizen, a foreign citizen and a British policeman? Are you suggesting that perhaps these fans think it's Russia who was behind the attack?

Because some people blindly believe the mainstream news media and that is how it has been portrayed in the media.

"

Scroll up to reread everything you talked about that you learned directly from the media.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Doesn't mean they all came from Tunisia.

Post new Message to Thread