FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Are we watching the screw tightening on the Maybot?

Jump to newest

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

It has been a bad couple of days for Theresa May.

It started with her completely unnecessary comment about the “Brexit Dividend” for which she has quite rightly been ridiculed. Then, earlier today she completely misjudged the Nations mood on medicinal cannabis and was again rebuked for her ideologically driven lack of empathy about the issue.

Finally tonight, we hear that the meaningful debate bill has come back from the Lords with an even greater majority than first time around and May has to go back to the Commons knowing that she can no longer rely on the rebels who she conned last week and a realisation that more may join them as pressure on her is visibly mounting.

Are we watching the beginning of the death throes of the Maybot administration?

I think we may just be. She looked hideously stressed out earlier today.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think she badly underestimates the intelligence of people - I caught a snippet of her brexit dividend speech and found it condescending.

A smart reshuffling of cash to paper over the abyss.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

What did she say about cannabis oil?

We use medicinal heroin, morphine, so what's the problem with medicinal cannabis?

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"What did she say about cannabis oil?

We use medicinal heroin, morphine, so what's the problem with medicinal cannabis? "

I read that at first and thought "'kin 'ell, parties around theirs are pretty hardcore!"....

...then realised you meant 'we' as in the nation lol

-Matt

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

We use medicinal heroin, morphine, so what's the problem with medicinal cannabis?

I read that at first and thought "'kin 'ell, parties around theirs are pretty hardcore!"....

...then realised you meant 'we' as in the nation lol

-Matt"

Haha, no, not personal use!

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

We use medicinal heroin, morphine, so what's the problem with medicinal cannabis? "

“There’s a very good reason why we’ve got laws around drugs, because of the impact they have on people’s lives, and we must never forget that.”

In short refused any sort of meaningful discussion with Javid and Hunt to make cannabisca health issue not a Home Office issue.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

“There’s a very good reason why we’ve got laws around drugs, because of the impact they have on people’s lives, and we must never forget that.”

In short refused any sort of meaningful discussion with Javid and Hunt to make cannabisca health issue not a Home Office issue."

The veterans organisation the American Legion publically call for the legalisation of medical cannabis. I can't imagine The Royal British Legion doing the same!

over a year ago

Luckily for most people ( namely the silent majority ) she is a popular prime minister and will not be intimidated by a vocal minority.

There will be a significant dividend from Brexit ( you only have to look at the current mix of net beneficaries and contributors ) of EU funding to see that the whole issue of spending and monitoring resources is totally out of control .

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

we also provide safe places for heroin injections clean needles and won’t legalize canabis oil it’s just fucking stupid

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Luckily for most people ( namely the silent majority ) she is a popular prime minister and will not be intimidated by a vocal minority.

There will be a significant dividend from Brexit ( you only have to look at the current mix of net beneficaries and contributors ) of EU funding to see that the whole issue of spending and monitoring resources is totally out of control . "

Where do you come up with the bollocks? She's a popular prime minister? How much cannabis oil are you taking?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Luckily for most people ( namely the silent majority ) she is a popular prime minister and will not be intimidated by a vocal minority.

There will be a significant dividend from Brexit ( you only have to look at the current mix of net beneficaries and contributors ) of EU funding to see that the whole issue of spending and monitoring resources is totally out of control . "

La La land again, she is a prime example of no humanity or empathy with people who are trying to live with a potentially fatal illness..

Her stance on this is similar to her lack of empathy for the families who lost loved one's in Grenfell..

Remember her recent apology..?

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

In short refused any sort of meaningful discussion with Javid and Hunt to make cannabisca health issue not a Home Office issue."

The history of heroin is classic government incompetence.

Until quite recently, it was prescribed by doctors.

Addictive yes, but very effective in a few hundred cases.

Issued on the NHS.

Then Government decided to remove it from supply.

The outcome.

A medicinal drug passes into the hands of the underworld who lace it with all sorts of shit to stretch it out.

The Government tried to fix a problem that did not exist.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"“There’s a very good reason why we’ve got laws around drugs, because of the impact they have on people’s lives, and we must never forget that.”

Yep, if pot were decriminalised it would drive the tobacco and alcohol industries out of business in short order, and US federal law allows the DEA to size the assets of any country that legalises cannabis.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

She also confirmed that a licencing procedure was already there for cannabis oil.

Health Minister Nick Hurd confirmed in the Commons this afternoon, that a panel of expert Doctors was to be set up to advise the Goverment on future cases and to look at the current licensing procedures.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"She also confirmed that a licencing procedure was already there for cannabis oil.

Health Minister Nick Hurd confirmed in the Commons this afternoon, that a panel of expert Doctors was to be set up to advise the Goverment on future cases and to look at the current licensing procedures."

The licence issued is for 20 days, I think the only reason it was issued was less than 48 hours after the Home Secretary effectively said 'the law is the law and he cant have cannabis oil' the child was in an intensive care unit fighting for his life. I sort of expect that as soon as this story becomes old news the licence will not be renewed and the child will be left to die.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Irrevilent to tis post

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"It has been a bad couple of days for Theresa May.

It started with her completely unnecessary comment about the “Brexit Dividend” for which she has quite rightly been ridiculed. Then, earlier today she completely misjudged the Nations mood on medicinal cannabis and was again rebuked for her ideologically driven lack of empathy about the issue.

Finally tonight, we hear that the meaningful debate bill has come back from the Lords with an even greater majority than first time around and May has to go back to the Commons knowing that she can no longer rely on the rebels who she conned last week and a realisation that more may join them as pressure on her is visibly mounting.

I think we may just be. She looked hideously stressed out earlier today."

I think most are missing the point it is about destroying corbyn at the next election it is a hidden agenda,do not underestimate May

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

The point being that Doctors and Consultants should be able to prescribe the appropriate drug for the job, especially if it is going to be a cost effective solution. Being hamstrung because of Home Office red tape is not the way it should be,

The NHS could be saving £millions (if not £billions) by prescribing cannabis oil solutions for MS, arthritis and palliative cancer treatments. Because the Home Office regards cannabis as having no medicinal value - the NHS has to prescribe much more expensive and much more dangerous prescription drugs.

Prime Minister may is simply unable to see beyond her ideological upbringing. I also happen to think that stress is starting to manifest itself in her with some quite poor judgement calls.

The way she reacts to the Lord's defeat with an increased majority over the last vote will be telling. My guess is that she will make a big statement about how she and her Govt are the only people prepared to deliver "for the will of the people"... And thereby give herself an escape hatch...

"Yes - it was a fuck up, but not my fault. I was only doing what the people asked me to do. Blame them, not me."

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I think we may just be. She looked hideously stressed out earlier today.I think most are missing the point it is about destroying corbyn at the next election it is a hidden agenda,do not underestimate May"

Do not underestimate May? Did you see her general election campaign? It was fucking awful. Did you honestly feel that there was an appetite in the country to bring back fox hunting?

I can't think of any time of her government when I have looked at her and thought that she was a good leader. I did have higher hopes for her than other candidates like Leadsome and Gove when she ran for leader, but she has disappointed at every turn.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I think we may just be. She looked hideously stressed out earlier today.I think most are missing the point it is about destroying corbyn at the next election it is a hidden agenda,do not underestimate May

Do not underestimate May? Did you see her general election campaign? It was fucking awful. Did you honestly feel that there was an appetite in the country to bring back fox hunting?

I can't think of any time of her government when I have looked at her and thought that she was a good leader. I did have higher hopes for her than other candidates like Leadsome and Gove when she ran for leader, but she has disappointed at every turn. "

It seems a lot of people in the country have underestimated Theresa May. After the general election result last year many people (including in this forum) were saying she would be gone by Christmas. George Osborne was gloating saying she was a "dead woman walking". And yet here we are over a year later and she is still Prime minister.

In reaction to these unelected buffoons in the Lords I think Theresa May needs to stand up to them and the remainer MP's in her own party. Labour MP Frank Field is calling a motion in the House of Commons this week to abolish the House of Lords. Will be interesting to see how much support Frank Field gets. Theresa May needs to call the Tory remainer rebels bluff and reject these Lords ammendments. With Labour so divided she may just scrape through with a victory. If not and the government is defeated then Theresa May needs to stand down and let a new leader take over the party (this time a Brexiter). Then another general election needs to be called. If Corbyn wins and gains power, on the Tory remainer rebels heads be it.

over a year ago

I think we may just be. She looked hideously stressed out earlier today.I think most are missing the point it is about destroying corbyn at the next election it is a hidden agenda,do not underestimate May"

The way she is going she'll be forced out by one of the two or three factions in her own party.

And we know what that means - another GE. Cause lets face it the tory party is not a cohesive entity right now.

And that means you're probably looking at a labour dominated coalition if that happens before the next scheduled GE.

over a year ago

I think we may just be. She looked hideously stressed out earlier today.I think most are missing the point it is about destroying corbyn at the next election it is a hidden agenda,do not underestimate May

I can't think of any time of her government when I have looked at her and thought that she was a good leader. I did have higher hopes for her than other candidates like Leadsome and Gove when she ran for leader, but she has disappointed at every turn.

It seems a lot of people in the country have underestimated Theresa May. After the general election result last year many people (including in this forum) were saying she would be gone by Christmas. George Osborne was gloating saying she was a "dead woman walking". And yet here we are over a year later and she is still Prime minister.

In reaction to these unelected buffoons in the Lords I think Theresa May needs to stand up to them and the remainer MP's in her own party. Labour MP Frank Field is calling a motion in the House of Commons this week to abolish the House of Lords. Will be interesting to see how much support Frank Field gets. Theresa May needs to call the Tory remainer rebels bluff and reject these Lords ammendments. With Labour so divided she may just scrape through with a victory. If not and the government is defeated then Theresa May needs to stand down and let a new leader take over the party (this time a Brexiter). Then another general election needs to be called. If Corbyn wins and gains power, on the Tory remainer rebels heads be it. "

I don't think the motion will get far.

I think when the pen comes to paper too many tory MP's, including brexiteers like JRM and BJ know the importance of the Lords - probably have ambitions to get a seat there too. And they know they can't just reinstate them if the abolish them.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

The way she is going she'll be forced out by one of the two or three factions in her own party.

And we know what that means - another GE. Cause lets face it the tory party is not a cohesive entity right now.

And that means you're probably looking at a labour dominated coalition if that happens before the next scheduled GE."

Labour are not a cohesive entity right now either, 6 Labour front benchers resigned last week over Labour Brexit policy on the EU withdrawal bill votes.

The tories are also opening up a gap over Labour in the opinion polls, tories 6 points ahead in the polls now I believe. I think we saw peak Corbyn last year, now he has u-turned on the customs union I think a lot of Labour leave voters won't be giving him their vote again.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

And that means you're probably looking at a labour dominated coalition if that happens before the next scheduled GE.

Labour are not a cohesive entity right now either, 6 Labour front benchers resigned last week over Labour Brexit policy on the EU withdrawal bill votes.

The tories are also opening up a gap over Labour in the opinion polls, tories 6 points ahead in the polls now I believe. I think we saw peak Corbyn last year, now he has u-turned on the customs union I think a lot of Labour leave voters won't be giving him their vote again. "

6 points? I didn't know it was that close. Corbyn is a joke and the worst Labour Leader in a generation. If the Tories can't smash him, it shows what an awful fucking state they are in.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

She's been in her death throes since she failed the election and visited Grenfell but didn't meet the families and survivors, though the queen did.

The party is just about holding it together but the leaders in waiting are not rushing to get the job, preferring her to fail at brexit not them.

Like many conservatives she isn't trustworthy and solely functions to reduce the benefits of the state for the majority of citizens, whilst increasing wealth for the very few. She's a not particularly bright person, especially with emotional intelligence. She's rigid and more suited to an administrative job.

Her ruthless credentials show in her policies of the Windrush generation, making them suffer. She has no shame, hence her lack of admission of that. Her continued refusal to act spontaneously with compassion, such as for the boy needing the oil, should tell you how much she values someone like you - it's almost nil.

She's going but will struggle if allowed until the bitter end. Leaving by the autumn party conference session?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"She's been in her death throes since she failed the election and visited Grenfell but didn't meet the families and survivors, though the queen did.

The party is just about holding it together but the leaders in waiting are not rushing to get the job, preferring her to fail at brexit not them.

Like many conservatives she isn't trustworthy and solely functions to reduce the benefits of the state for the majority of citizens, whilst increasing wealth for the very few. She's a not particularly bright person, especially with emotional intelligence. She's rigid and more suited to an administrative job.

Her ruthless credentials show in her policies of the Windrush generation, making them suffer. She has no shame, hence her lack of admission of that. Her continued refusal to act spontaneously with compassion, such as for the boy needing the oil, should tell you how much she values someone like you - it's almost nil.

She's going but will struggle if allowed until the bitter end. Leaving by the autumn party conference session?

"

She'll be gone by Christmas folks. Oops naa she'll be gone by Easter. Oops naa now she'll be gone by autumn party conference

over a year ago

The tories are also opening up a gap over Labour in the opinion polls, tories 6 points ahead in the polls now I believe. I think we saw peak Corbyn last year, now he has u-turned on the customs union I think a lot of Labour leave voters won't be giving him their vote again. "

I never said labour are a cohesive party. I just believe there is more cohesion within it atm that the tories which plays for them - and the lib dems are more likely to support labour if it comes to a coalition.

And oh god, 6 points! They'll wipe the political map with that wont they?!

Look, a cohesive tory party which balanced domestic policy with brexit and international policy should be able to wipe the floor with a fragmented labour party as it's opposition. The problem is it can't, and it wont.

The tories are so wrapped up in brexit they are forgetting brexit was in part due to the failure of domestic policy and I don't believe tory remainers or brexiteers have the mental dexterity to deal wit bot issues at once.

As highlighted by the aforementioned cannabis oil for medicinal purposes issue.

Have we passed peak corbyn, probably.

Do I think any of the leading possible brexit candidates for the tories can replace may, secure and unify their party with a vision, then secure their voting base and capture the undecided voters. No, I don't. Not with a strong majority.

over a year ago

"She's been in her death throes since she failed the election and visited Grenfell but didn't meet the families and survivors, though the queen did.

She'll be gone by Christmas folks. Oops naa she'll be gone by Easter. Oops naa now she'll be gone by autumn party conference "

I don't normally listen too much to George Galloway but I think he is right in saying that this government is dying from the top. Not just that the leadership is dying, which it is, just like in the labour party but the party as an entity is dying. It's leadership is constantly being questioned, the ministers swamped around, the voting base is fragmented in what it's identity is.

It took what, three year's for labour to go from Blair, Brown, then a sweeping defeat. It was an unjust war, debatable overspending, and a financial crash that brought that.

Political deaths are long, drawn out, and painful for everyone.

over a year ago

The tories are also opening up a gap over Labour in the opinion polls, tories 6 points ahead in the polls now I believe. I think we saw peak Corbyn last year, now he has u-turned on the customs union I think a lot of Labour leave voters won't be giving him their vote again.

6 points? I didn't know it was that close. Corbyn is a joke and the worst Labour Leader in a generation. If the Tories can't smash him, it shows what an awful fucking state they are in."

Not only that, but as the poster pointed out he lost 6 shadow cabinet members, with that kind of internal pressure, the tories should be able to force labour to kick him out.

over a year ago

"

She'll be gone by Christmas folks. Oops naa she'll be gone by Easter. Oops naa now she'll be gone by autumn party conference "

You might learn something from your own wisdom here about not making grand predictions

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

I find it funny to see the comments that JC is a failure because MPs keep trying to fuck him over. There are 258 Labour MPs in parliament, mayby half of them are Blairites, there are over 1 MILLION party members of which maybe a quarter are Blairites. At every point the Blairites have forced an issue we have removed them. If necessary we will deselect every Blairite MP that chooses to undermine the party. Then the people of Britain will be able to choose between more of what we have had for 40 years or a real change in direction.

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I find it funny to see the comments that JC is a failure because MPs keep trying to fuck him over. There are 258 Labour MPs in parliament, mayby half of them are Blairites, there are over 1 MILLION party members of which maybe a quarter are Blairites. At every point the Blairites have forced an issue we have removed them. If necessary we will deselect every Blairite MP that chooses to undermine the party. Then the people of Britain will be able to choose between more of what we have had for 40 years or a real change in direction. "

Tony Blair was the most popular post WW2 Prime Minister. Perhaps Labour should learn from that, rather than try to eradicate everyone who remembers it positively.

over a year ago

"Corbyn is a joke and the worst Labour Leader in a generation. If the Tories can't smash him, it shows what an awful fucking state they are in."

The worst in a generation? You have a very short memory!

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Tony Blair was the most popular post WW2 Prime Minister. Perhaps Labour should learn from that, rather than try to eradicate everyone who remembers it positively."

Blair was a Tory in disguise, he took control of the Labour party and occupied the centre right ground that the Tories vacated as they moved over to the extreme right. As a result replacing one Thatcherite government with another Thatcherite government thus helping the Tories to move the political goalposts to the right. We have had nearly 40 years of this and are now in a place where if you are poor you can't afford an education or hope to own your own home but you can afford a 42" colour LCD TV, instead of a place 40 years ago where regardless of wealth you were entitled to a free education with a government maintenance grant and virtually everyone could afford to buy their own home, but a colour TV was a luxury many could not afford.

At what point do we realise that we got things wrong and need to redress the balance?

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Tony Blair was the most popular post WW2 Prime Minister. Perhaps Labour should learn from that, rather than try to eradicate everyone who remembers it positively.

Blair was a Tory in disguise, he took control of the Labour party and occupied the centre right ground that the Tories vacated as they moved over to the extreme right. As a result replacing one Thatcherite government with another Thatcherite government thus helping the Tories to move the political goalposts to the right. We have had nearly 40 years of this and are now in a place where if you are poor you can't afford an education or hope to own your own home but you can afford a 42" colour LCD TV, instead of a place 40 years ago where regardless of wealth you were entitled to a free education with a government maintenance grant and virtually everyone could afford to buy their own home, but a colour TV was a luxury many could not afford.

At what point do we realise that we got things wrong and need to redress the balance?"

I don’t dispute that but it is a bit of a reach to assume the cause is solitary and because of a lack of a more extreme form of socialism. There are multiple reasons as to why job security and effective take-home pay has reduced since the 1980’s.

Here where I live the coal mines and dirty industry were big employers of unskilled and semi skilled people back in the day and now the coal mines are shut and former factories are housing estates. A Socialist Government could have only propped up failing industry for so long and delayed the pain.

Nowhere in the world does a Govt that uses excessive ideology succeed (left or right). The answer to all of this country’s problems and indeed the world’s problems is pragmatism and middle of the road policies.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"I find it funny to see the comments that JC is a failure because MPs keep trying to fuck him over. There are 258 Labour MPs in parliament, mayby half of them are Blairites, there are over 1 MILLION party members of which maybe a quarter are Blairites. At every point the Blairites have forced an issue we have removed them. If necessary we will deselect every Blairite MP that chooses to undermine the party. Then the people of Britain will be able to choose between more of what we have had for 40 years or a real change in direction. "

Do you honestly believe that the traditionally Conservative shires are ever going to embrace Corbynism?

Its no point appealing to the already converted in the metro centres of London, Manchester and Liverpool but its the voters of Aylesbury, Stamford and Harrogate that they need to get on side to win a General Election.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Do you honestly believe that the traditionally Conservative shires are ever going to embrace Corbynism?

Its no point appealing to the already converted in the metro centres of London, Manchester and Liverpool but its the voters of Aylesbury, Stamford and Harrogate that they need to get on side to win a General Election."

OMG! How dumb are you?

At what point do you see what is blatantly obvious?

Maybe this will get through your myopia!

We live in a country where a fully qualified DOCTOR can't afford to rent or buy a complete 2 up 2 down home built by the Victorians in London to house labourers! At what point do you and the rest of your kind wake up and realise you have been conned?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Do you honestly believe that the traditionally Conservative shires are ever going to embrace Corbynism?

Its no point appealing to the already converted in the metro centres of London, Manchester and Liverpool but its the voters of Aylesbury, Stamford and Harrogate that they need to get on side to win a General Election.

OMG! How dumb are you?

At what point do you see what is blatantly obvious?

Maybe this will get through your myopia!

We live in a country where a fully qualified DOCTOR can't afford to rent or buy a complete 2 up 2 down home built by the Victorians in London to house labourers! At what point do you and the rest of your kind wake up and realise you have been conned?"

Good luck then

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Good luck then "

So no answer, just refusal to even acknowledge such a basic reality.

To be honest I expected that reaction and until you and others get as mad as me about what I just described and you dismissed in three words it will continue. Eventually you (or your children) will also be like the doctors in London who cant afford to buy a victorians labourers hovel and I guess that then you will also get mad. But hey, until then remember greed is good and I'm all right Jack.

By the way Jack has been transferring your wealth and jobs to other countries for the last 40 years while stashing his 20% off the top in his offshore tax exempt trust while stealing your pension to top up his expense account.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

In reaction to these unelected buffoons in the Lords I think Theresa May needs to stand up to them and the remainer MP's in her own party. Labour MP Frank Field is calling a motion in the House of Commons this week to abolish the House of Lords. Will be interesting to see how much support Frank Field gets. Theresa May needs to call the Tory remainer rebels bluff and reject these Lords ammendments. With Labour so divided she may just scrape through with a victory. If not and the government is defeated then Theresa May needs to stand down and let a new leader take over the party (this time a Brexiter). Then another general election needs to be called. If Corbyn wins and gains power, on the Tory remainer rebels heads be it. "

Oh my god....

The irony of centy playing the project fear card is very funny....

A couple of things

A) she won’t need to worry about a general election because under the fixed term parliament act it won’t happen as mp’s would have to vote themselves.. and there is no way Tory or dup mp’s will do that if there is a sniff of a corbyn coalition

B) she doesn’t need to worry about being stabbed in the front by labour... she needs to worry about being stabbed in the back by the likes of johnson and gove and mogg

That is where the coup will come from

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Good luck then

So no answer, just refusal to even acknowledge such a basic reality.

To be honest I expected that reaction and until you and others get as mad as me about what I just described and you dismissed in three words it will continue. Eventually you (or your children) will also be like the doctors in London who cant afford to buy a victorians labourers hovel and I guess that then you will also get mad. But hey, until then remember greed is good and I'm all right Jack.

By the way Jack has been transferring your wealth and jobs to other countries for the last 40 years while stashing his 20% off the top in his offshore tax exempt trust while stealing your pension to top up his expense account. "

I asked you a serious question, as someone on the other side of the fence looking in!

Are the Shires that you need to gain and therefore win any General Election, ready for Corbyn, McDonnell and that sort of politics?

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"I asked you a serious question, as someone on the other side of the fence looking in!

Are the Shires that you need to gain and therefore win any General Election, ready for Corbyn, McDonnell and that sort of politics?"

Fair comment, and apologies for the tone of my reply.

But I find myself posing the same question (in a different form) as my reply. I accept that the more a person invests in any proposition the harder it is to admit that they have been defrauded. With that in mind do I think that the Shire voters are ready to admit that they have been had over for the last 40 years? Probably not. But I live in hope, because history teaches us that if there is not political evolution then we reach a tipping point into violent revolution, and the longer it takes to reach that point the more violent and destructive the revolution is. Personally I would rather avoid that and another opportunity to re enter a new dark age.

But again, this is only my opinion, and that is worth nothing.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"I asked you a serious question, as someone on the other side of the fence looking in!

Are the Shires that you need to gain and therefore win any General Election, ready for Corbyn, McDonnell and that sort of politics?

Fair comment, and apologies for the tone of my reply.

But I find myself posing the same question (in a different form) as my reply. I accept that the more a person invests in any proposition the harder it is to admit that they have been defrauded. With that in mind do I think that the Shire voters are ready to admit that they have been had over for the last 40 years? Probably not. But I live in hope, because history teaches us that if there is not political evolution then we reach a tipping point into violent revolution, and the longer it takes to reach that point the more violent and destructive the revolution is. Personally I would rather avoid that and another opportunity to re enter a new dark age.

But again, this is only my opinion, and that is worth nothing."

The Shires would happily accept Cooper, Starmer, Benn, Reeves and Kinnock. I just think it's too big an about face for Corbyn etc.

The Labour party have to go and win the next GE, not rely on the Conservatives just to lose it.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"The Shires would happily accept Cooper, Starmer, Benn, Reeves and Kinnock. I just think it's too big an about face for Corbyn etc.

The Labour party have to go and win the next GE, not rely on the Conservatives just to lose it."

The problem with that is that any 'centerist', 'slightly left of ultra right' replacement of today's government just further reinforces the illusion that today's tory politics are guided by centre right economic principles rather than extreme unregulated laissez faire unregulated capitalist dogma. We need a return to a genuine mixed economy where we understand that some aspects of our society need to be run as NOT FOR PROFIT services owned by the country and run for the common good.

I accept that the balance can be hard to find and maintain but FFS how the fuck do we justify paying 'private companies' wholly owned by foreign governments to run our services and make profits for their countries while claiming subsidies from our tax payers?

At some point this madness will have to end!

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

She is hanging on as PM because of the brexiteers (and possibly the whole party, in order to stay in power) to literally be used as a punching bag. No one in their right mind wants her job right now (and this includes good old Jeremy from across the podium). Had it not been for brexit, she would have been replaced soon after last year's election disaster.

She will be replaced the *minute* it's safe to do so, i.e. when brexit has taken its course, sometime within the transition period.

Oh! And she needs to sack her advisors. Hire some with more than 2 brain cells.

over a year ago

Can i say i feel for her ?...She is in a no win situation with the rabid Brexiteers so gung-ho, but also with no plan and being honest they are carpet baggers.....The Remain side are also screwing around with her. She lacks authority and it can only end with her resignation. But and here you all have to admit, if she said "Thats it i am off " the present mess would multiply tenfold .

So time to have a little sympathy for a women who is trying her best when the political wind and everything else is against her .

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"Can i say i feel for her ?...She is in a no win situation with the rabid Brexiteers so gung-ho, but also with no plan and being honest they are carpet baggers.....The Remain side are also screwing around with her. She lacks authority and it can only end with her resignation. But and here you all have to admit, if she said "Thats it i am off " the present mess would multiply tenfold .

So time to have a little sympathy for a women who is trying her best when the political wind and everything else is against her ."

She is as weak as piss to be a leader plus she should have sacked Johnson months ago

She has no bottle god help us

over a year ago

If she sacks Boris she has a rebellion the same day......It is that simple and with a razor thin majority with the DUP votes she is again in between a rock etc

So her weakness is evident, but ask this who else ?...Boris, Davis, Mogg ?....

She sounds better the more names you come up with...try it...

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"If she sacks Boris she has a rebellion the same day......It is that simple and with a razor thin majority with the DUP votes she is again in between a rock etc

So her weakness is evident, but ask this who else ?...Boris, Davis, Mogg ?....

She sounds better the more names you come up with...try it... "

I have to say I would love to see BoJo JRM and the rest of the Tory brexit gang made to fully own this bag of shit they have made (in my opinion).

Then if they make a good job of it they can bask in their glory and crow over the likes of me and good luck to them. But at present, if, as I fear it turns out to be as bad and worse than the most pessimistic of us believe they are going to blame the Maybot and get away with what they have done rather than being strung up for their deceit.

Post new Message to Thread