FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Who should vote on the final brexit deal?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am watching question time. I like dominic on the panel, should it be, the government, parliament, or the people? I reckon it should be up to the people. I also agree that uk is heading for a dictatorship as one in the audience said it, as they dont listen to what the people want, whats your view?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Me. Just me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The people should decide

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

"I am watching question time. I like dominic on the panel, should it be, the government, parliament, or the people? I reckon it should be up to the people. I also agree that uk is heading for a dictatorship as one in the audience said it, as they dont listen to what the people want, whats your view? "

I guess you missed my thread on the subject. I don't blame you. I tend to waffle

But, yes, fantastic QT tonight. Some really good points made and, generally, good discussion in all.

over a year ago

"I am watching question time. I like dominic on the panel, should it be, the government, parliament, or the people? I reckon it should be up to the people. I also agree that uk is heading for a dictatorship as one in the audience said it, as they dont listen to what the people want, whats your view?

I guess you missed my thread on the subject. I don't blame you. I tend to waffle

But, yes, fantastic QT tonight. Some really good points made and, generally, good discussion in all."

You mean for once it was good and I missed it?

over a year ago

"I am watching question time. I like dominic on the panel, should it be, the government, parliament, or the people? I reckon it should be up to the people. I also agree that uk is heading for a dictatorship as one in the audience said it, as they dont listen to what the people want, whats your view? "

To answer your question; i think we the people should vote to agree or disagree.

The population has to have the final say as it comes to the final vote. I believe this should be set in accourd with introducing more local population led votes.

Let people understand how to read rhetoric and platitudes from politicians. Let them tske responcibility for their decisions, this comes with understanding some will refuse to shoulder the decisions made as they are against their interests.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

What is the question on the ballot paper?

over a year ago

Government should be the only one deciding on this issue now

over a year ago

ME

And only

ME !!!!

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

It should be the house of commons only simple,we pay them to do the job.The house of Lords should not vote,in fact should be scrapped after the way they are acting over brexit.

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

"It should be the house of commons only simple,we pay them to do the job.The house of Lords should not vote,in fact should be scrapped after the way they are acting over brexit."

Funny how it was the conservatives who opposed the Lords' reform. The Lords are ok as long as they agree with everything the Tories tell them to do, hey? When they don't agree, they are the "enemies of the people". The Lords job is to scrutinise the government and not allow our democracy to turn into a dictatorship. That's the only purpose their votes/amendments serve. The commons have the final say. Therefore, the "enemies of the people" are actually the Tories, who want carte blanche to keep screwing us all, brexit or otherwise.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"It should be the house of commons only simple,we pay them to do the job.The house of Lords should not vote,in fact should be scrapped after the way they are acting over brexit.

Funny how it was the conservatives who opposed the Lords' reform. The Lords are ok as long as they agree with everything the Tories tell them to do, hey? When they don't agree, they are the "enemies of the people". The Lords job is to scrutinise the government and not allow our democracy to turn into a dictatorship. That's the only purpose their votes/amendments serve. The commons have the final say. Therefore, the "enemies of the people" are actually the Tories, who want carte blanche to keep screwing us all, brexit or otherwise. "

It is an interesting conversation though (brought up by a question) on where do loyalties lay, with the people or govt. Those who voted remain in the Lords could well be serving their own interests in rejecting proposals, under the premise of ensuring legislation (or vote), is fully considered for sake of sudden economic collapse.

When all is said and done I would think capitalism has a firm seat in the Lords and they are highly invested in it.

I personally found Grieve a bore, splitting hairs on the issue of going back to the EU to renegotiate. When Dimbleby said, 'you can table motions whenever you like' he had no comeback, so why does he want it written in. If not for a confidence vote or courts, there is a withdrawal deadline after all?

Post new Message to Thread