Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Article 13

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it really just about copyright.. Or will it shutdown this forum, is it trying to keep the fake news to a minimum or trying to gag free speech

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Is it really just about copyright.. Or will it shutdown this forum, is it trying to keep the fake news to a minimum or trying to gag free speech"

Could you be more specific? Article 13

EU GDPR?

What specifically influences your concerns? Is this something in addition to GDPR legislation and changes that have already been implemented? Or am I missing something and this isn't about GDPR?

over a year ago

"Is it really just about copyright.. Or will it shutdown this forum, is it trying to keep the fake news to a minimum or trying to gag free speech

Could you be more specific? Article 13

EU GDPR?

What specifically influences your concerns? Is this something in addition to GDPR legislation and changes that have already been implemented? Or am I missing something and this isn't about GDPR?"

It might put a stop to doing this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44412025.

On here

over a year ago

Because if I was to put a link on.... Fab would have to pay the BBC.... Not a bbc but the BBC

over a year ago

In typical political fashion, the EU have put a guy who fucking hates the internet in charge of killing it, I mean protecting it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Will that mean we have to click on yet more "Accept" buttons on the T&C pop-up windows without reading the small print?

over a year ago

"Will that mean we have to click on yet more "Accept" buttons on the T&C pop-up windows without reading the small print?

"

Unfortunately I'm lead to believe its slightly more destructive than that!.

When you link another web content that host will have to pay.

So for instances fab will no longer allow you to link anything on there forums, otherwise it will cost them..... Alot

over a year ago

Bloggers, remixers, music, code programs, online gamers, forums... It will in effect change the internet forever

over a year ago

They vote on it on June the 20th email your MEP asking them to vote against it.... Or else

By *xplicitlyricsMan
over a year ago

south dublin

While GDPR was a great move, this is a poorly thought out one that doesnt take reality into account.

The good news is that you can still email your MEP and ask them to vote against it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Will that mean we have to click on yet more "Accept" buttons on the T&C pop-up windows without reading the small print?

So for instances fab will no longer allow you to link anything on there forums, otherwise it will cost them..... Alot"

Only in the EU?

over a year ago

So for instances fab will no longer allow you to link anything on there forums, otherwise it will cost them..... Alot

Only in the EU?"

Fortunately yes

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Only in the EU?.

Fortunately yes "

Thank fuck we are leaving then.

Post new Message to Thread