Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Bullshit Phrases

Jump to newest

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I think we all have well staked out positions on Brexit, and we have done the for and against plenty, but perhaps some common ground we can agree on is the use of bullshit phrases used by politicians on both sides or the aisle.

The latest such phrases comes from Labour. The reportedly want "full access to the internal market of the European Union".

To me, that is a total bullshit phrases. Everyone has full access to the EU, even North Korea. If the mean they want to remain in the single market, then they should say so.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Won't somebody think of the children!

over a year ago

"I think we all have well staked out positions on Brexit, and we have done the for and against plenty, but perhaps some common ground we can agree on is the use of bullshit phrases used by politicians on both sides or the aisle.

The latest such phrases comes from Labour. The reportedly want "full access to the internal market of the European Union".

To me, that is a total bullshit phrases. Everyone has full access to the EU, even North Korea. If the mean they want to remain in the single market, then they should say so. "

It's those thick northerner's fault, voting to leave

over a year ago

Bullshit anthem...

New Labour - 'Things can only get better'

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Bullshit anthem...

New Labour - 'Things can only get better'"

To be fair, that song was wank long before Labour used it.

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

Let me/us/it be clear = I'm about to bullshit you/avoid answering the question but I'm smokescreening it by giving you a false sense of security that I'm about to lay everything out, clarify the situation about the issue asked and be upfront, honest and transparent.

Whenever I hear someone starting to answer a question with that phrase I know there's a whole load of bollocks to follow.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Let me/us/it be clear = I'm about to bullshit you/avoid answering the question but I'm smokescreening it by giving you a false sense of security that I'm about to lay everything out, clarify the situation about the issue asked and be upfront, honest and transparent.

Whenever I hear someone starting to answer a question with that phrase I know there's a whole load of bollocks to follow."

Post new Message to Thread