Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Britain is saved.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

David miliband is back from the usa to rescue the uk from brexit, he is making a political comeback to join a cross party bid to prevent a hard brexit with tony and clegg to bid for a soft brexit, whats your view? It is good with a oposition

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There should in a healthy democracy be politicians who stand for what they believe is the right thing for their country, even if the government appears to discourage this.

Any decent person, politician or otherwise, who wouldn't be prepared to fight against what they see as a serious potential harm to the millions of peoples' lives that could be affected, is to be applauded. It is the natural thing to do.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"David miliband is back from the usa to rescue the uk from brexit, he is making a political comeback to join a cross party bid to prevent a hard brexit with tony and clegg to bid for a soft brexit, whats your view? It is good with a oposition "

Miliband, Blair and Clegg, what a joke

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"David miliband is back from the usa to rescue the uk from brexit, he is making a political comeback to join a cross party bid to prevent a hard brexit with tony and clegg to bid for a soft brexit, whats your view? It is good with a oposition "

I always thought he was a good politician, but a close friend of mine worked with him face to face and said he was a prick, so I'm torn.

Generally the more anti Brexit politicians the better though. UKIP have been wiped off the political map so the tide is definitely turning

By *ex4unowCouple
over a year ago

near you

Three stooges

war criminal (blair) iraq war

turncoat (clegg) tuition fees

Lesser of the brothers (miliband) not strong enough for power

Brexit

Be first go strong and hard or don’t go at all

By *hechairman18Man
over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

There was a vote.

Leave won.

Remain lost.

That's Democracy.

Move on.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Three stooges

war criminal (blair) iraq war

turncoat (clegg) tuition fees

Lesser of the brothers (miliband) not strong enough for power

Brexit

Be first go strong and hard or don’t go at all"

Not this again!

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"There was a vote.

Leave won.

Remain lost.

That's Democracy.

Move on."

Yeah? That's it is it? Did people vote on how the leave the customs union and not break the GFA?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's going to be brexit in name that's all , UK will los it's vote in Europe , but will end up in a customs union of sorts , won't be called customs union but will be the very same rules , and with the same standards as Europe ,

By *heislanderMan
over a year ago

cheshunt

"There was a vote.

Leave won.

Remain lost.

That's Democracy.

Move on.

Yeah? That's it is it? Did people vote on how the leave the customs union and not break the GFA?"

No, the question was “ Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"There was a vote.

Leave won.

Remain lost.

That's Democracy.

Move on.

Yeah? That's it is it? Did people vote on how the leave the customs union and not break the GFA?

No, the question was “ Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? "

Right, so there is still a lot to discuss then, isn't there?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"It's going to be brexit in name that's all , UK will los it's vote in Europe , but will end up in a customs union of sorts , won't be called customs union but will be the very same rules , and with the same standards as Europe , "

You said Theresa May would cave in on the customs union within 3 days. How many weeks ago is it now since you said that?

over a year ago

Why should we move on?

Following any election, do the supporters of the opposing party just “ok well that’s that then we will just shut up for five years”. No, they fight for what they believe in. They change people’s minds. The Daiky Fail and their readership ilk can just accept that some people will keep fighting to remain. That’s democracy.

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"Why should we move on?

Following any election, do the supporters of the opposing party just “ok well that’s that then we will just shut up for five years”. No, they fight for what they believe in. They change people’s minds. The Daiky Fail and their readership ilk can just accept that some people will keep fighting to remain. That’s democracy."

... But people aren't changing their minds.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Why should we move on?

Following any election, do the supporters of the opposing party just “ok well that’s that then we will just shut up for five years”. No, they fight for what they believe in. They change people’s minds. The Daiky Fail and their readership ilk can just accept that some people will keep fighting to remain. That’s democracy.... But people aren't changing their minds."

I don't intend to change my mind. Counting the days until March 2019, just 9 short months away until we are out.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Why should we move on?

Following any election, do the supporters of the opposing party just “ok well that’s that then we will just shut up for five years”. No, they fight for what they believe in. They change people’s minds. The Daiky Fail and their readership ilk can just accept that some people will keep fighting to remain. That’s democracy.... But people aren't changing their minds.

I don't intend to change my mind. Counting the days until March 2019, just 9 short months away until we are out. "

Weren't you lot saying that this would have all been done and dusted months ago? We are 9 months away, no trade deal, no NI border arrangements, the cabinet still doesn't know what it wants. A total cluster fuck.

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

"Why should we move on?

Following any election, do the supporters of the opposing party just “ok well that’s that then we will just shut up for five years”. No, they fight for what they believe in. They change people’s minds. The Daiky Fail and their readership ilk can just accept that some people will keep fighting to remain. That’s democracy.... But people aren't changing their minds.

I don't intend to change my mind. Counting the days until March 2019, just 9 short months away until we are out.

Weren't you lot saying that this would have all been done and dusted months ago? We are 9 months away, no trade deal, no NI border arrangements, the cabinet still doesn't know what it wants. A total cluster fuck."

They don't care about that. They want a hard Brexit so they have carte blanche to fuck us over for 10-20 years until we manage to claw back the rights and economy we will loose. Centaur being a case in point.

By *ex4unowCouple
over a year ago

near you

I personally think we should have left the day after then everyone would start from then

good or bad a way forward would have been found

We have given the advantage away so there really is no-good outcome now we will bow to the EU and we will be punished for it

Our country’s choice by bleeting on to politicians about people who don’t want to lose out in the short term 10 years at least

They don’t care for the majority who are fed up with having nothing while others have everything

Alot of people with nothing don’t care if you’re house pension savings lose value

Why would they if they have nothing to lose or gain?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I personally think we should have left the day after then everyone would start from then

We have given the advantage away so there really is no-good outcome now we will bow to the EU and we will be punished for it

Our country’s choice by bleeting on to politicians about people who don’t want to lose out in the short term 10 years at least

They don’t care for the majority who are fed up with having nothing while others have everything

Alot of people with nothing don’t care if you’re house pension savings lose value

Why would they if they have nothing to lose or gain?"

That would have been like driving the country into a lamp post at 70mph with no seat belt. Literally the worst possible thing that could have happened.

By *ex4unowCouple
over a year ago

near you

But more equal than what we are going to get now that is for sure

Our biggest problem is politicians that are self serving

If weleft the next day business would have taken over

Who would you prefer to do deals for commerce?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"But more equal than what we are going to get now that is for sure

Who would you prefer to do deals for commerce? "

No, it would have been a train wreck, with millions of people illegally living in a country overnight. No planes able to fly into European airspace, gridlock at every port and airport, fuck knows what would have happened in NI. Cancer drugs running out, companies grinding to a halt and thousands of other consequences. To suggest that that would be a favourable outcome is moronic.

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Not sure if the op is being sarcastic or not?

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"I personally think we should have left the day after then everyone would start from then

Why would they if they have nothing to lose or gain?"

Ex-pat Brexiters crack me up

over a year ago

Well said. Those who oppose Brexit oppose democracy. Tony Blair. Really? I mean, really?

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"But more equal than what we are going to get now that is for sure

Who would you prefer to do deals for commerce? "

It is truly frightening to think that you actually believe that business would have just continued in a lawless environment.

It is fairly typical though of the Brexit mindset to think that the way something should be done - is actually the way to do it. I mean... who needs insurance, aircraft and ships? Who really cares about imports and exports and borders? I mean it’s just white noise innit?

over a year ago

Fuck the NI question they are fucking cunts that killed God knows how many innocent people fuck them dirty bastards

By *heislanderMan
over a year ago

cheshunt

"There was a vote.

Leave won.

Remain lost.

That's Democracy.

Move on.

No, the question was “ Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Right, so there is still a lot to discuss then, isn't there? "

Yeah of course there is. It’s a bit like saying “I do” when you get married, nobody knows what the future brings.

over a year ago

Democracy also includes being informed before voting. Not only have many brexit admitted that they didn't realise what they were voting for, the leave campaign has been referred to the police for grossly overspending. Neither of these are democracy.

By *xplicitlyricsMan
over a year ago

south dublin

"Fuck the NI question they are fucking cunts that killed God knows how many innocent people fuck them dirty bastards"

The Troubles took far fewer lives than the British have on the island of Ireland. But your comment leads me to believe you dont know much about the history or the present situation in Northern Ireland.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Why should we move on?

Weren't you lot saying that this would have all been done and dusted months ago? We are 9 months away, no trade deal, no NI border arrangements, the cabinet still doesn't know what it wants. A total cluster fuck."

It appears after all this time and the endless debate on the subject matter you still don't understand how the exit process works. Article 50 of the EU treaties is a 2 year exit process. That's why the exit date of March 2019 is set as so. Judging on how the EU conducts it's business from past form they always leave any important decisions until the eleventh minute, of the eleventh hour. Case in point being the deadline for the phase 1 agreement was agreed on the deadline date and then again the agreement for the transition period also went down to the wire. It's just how the EU works, if you're saying it's a shit way to conduct business then yes I agree but that's the EU for you.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Democracy also includes being informed before voting. Not only have many brexit admitted that they didn't realise what they were voting for, the leave campaign has been referred to the police for grossly overspending. Neither of these are democracy."

Leave.EU who overspent was not the official leave campaign. There was only one campaign that was given official status by the electoral commission and that was Vote Leave.

over a year ago

Still referred to police.

Still spreading misinformation to uninformed people.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Still referred to police.

Still spreading misinformation to uninformed people."

What misinformation has been spread?

As I see it the Remain campaign misinformed people. They said there would be a recession in the event of a leave vote, 2 years on now and still no recession. They said 500,000 jobs would be lost if the country voted leave, overall jobs figures show an additional 250,000 new jobs have been added to the economy since the country voted Leave. They said investment would dry up if the country voted Leave, it hasn't and London (the uk) was the tech investment capital of Europe in 2017, attracting 4 times the amount of investment than its nearest rivals, Berlin, Dublin or Paris. I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea now.

over a year ago

One truth or fact does not rule out another

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Why should we move on?

Weren't you lot saying that this would have all been done and dusted months ago? We are 9 months away, no trade deal, no NI border arrangements, the cabinet still doesn't know what it wants. A total cluster fuck.

It appears after all this time and the endless debate on the subject matter you still don't understand how the exit process works. Article 50 of the EU treaties is a 2 year exit process. That's why the exit date of March 2019 is set as so. Judging on how the EU conducts it's business from past form they always leave any important decisions until the eleventh minute, of the eleventh hour. Case in point being the deadline for the phase 1 agreement was agreed on the deadline date and then again the agreement for the transition period also went down to the wire. It's just how the EU works, if you're saying it's a shit way to conduct business then yes I agree but that's the EU for you. "

What does that have to do with the cabinet still unsure of what they actually want?

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

"Why should we move on?

It appears after all this time and the endless debate on the subject matter you still don't understand how the exit process works. Article 50 of the EU treaties is a 2 year exit process. That's why the exit date of March 2019 is set as so. Judging on how the EU conducts it's business from past form they always leave any important decisions until the eleventh minute, of the eleventh hour. Case in point being the deadline for the phase 1 agreement was agreed on the deadline date and then again the agreement for the transition period also went down to the wire. It's just how the EU works, if you're saying it's a shit way to conduct business then yes I agree but that's the EU for you. "

This response is going to typify brexiter rhetoric from now on. Everyone will be to blame for the chaos which is to come except those who took us towards it.

And as has been mentioned to you before, the failure of a recession to appear was partly down to Bank of England action immediately after the vote (see, THEY had a plan in place). Jobs increase due to the increase in exports as the pound collapsed, but a lot of those jobs being casual/temp contract rather than full time with the security that comes with it.

Anyone predicting doom and gloom was only getting the timeframe wrong basically. That's all yet to come. It's only brexiters like yourself that are being disingenuous and denying there will be any negative effects.

over a year ago

"Still referred to police.

Still spreading misinformation to uninformed people.

What misinformation has been spread?

As I see it the Remain campaign misinformed people. They said there would be a recession in the event of a leave vote, 2 years on now and still no recession. They said 500,000 jobs would be lost if the country voted leave, overall jobs figures show an additional 250,000 new jobs have been added to the economy since the country voted Leave. They said investment would dry up if the country voted Leave, it hasn't and London (the uk) was the tech investment capital of Europe in 2017, attracting 4 times the amount of investment than its nearest rivals, Berlin, Dublin or Paris. I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea now. "

Your right tech investment has increased but overall international investment in the UK is down almost 70% , New jobs yes right again , GDP figures even show growth of 0.1% but GDP per capita is down 0.1 %

UK is going backwards ,

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

Very interesting discussion in Daily Politics on BBC2 this afternoon with C. Flint and E. Vaizey, as well as N. Clegg and N. Hannan (try and watch it if you can if on catch up later).

Amongst other good points made in the whole discussion, best line by C. Flint : "These are challenging issues. Part of the discussion in the next year has to be about the sort of things we'll do differently outside the EU because there's not gonna be place to hide in the future behind blaming the EU for all of our ills (etc ...)" to which E. Vaizey additionally commented: "I'm confident that for the next 30 years the Brexiteers will still be blaming Europe about whatever happens to our economy ( etc ...)".

lol funny, true and tragic *all* at the same time.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Very interesting discussion in Daily Politics on BBC2 this afternoon with C. Flint and E. Vaizey, as well as N. Clegg and N. Hannan (try and watch it if you can if on catch up later).

Amongst other good points made in the whole discussion, best line by C. Flint : "These are challenging issues. Part of the discussion in the next year has to be about the sort of things we'll do differently outside the EU because there's not gonna be place to hide in the future behind blaming the EU for all of our ills (etc ...)" to which E. Vaizey additionally commented: "I'm confident that for the next 30 years the Brexiteers will still be blaming Europe about whatever happens to our economy ( etc ...)".

lol funny, true and tragic *all* at the same time."

Trump blames China, Mexico, Canada etc. Yet they are no way politically linked.

Simple people will always look for simple answers and scape goats

over a year ago

I think we've all become aware that Brexiters refuse to be accountable for anything damaging to this country.Once we leave and they can't blame an outside entity like the EU for anything they will turn inward and blame Remainers.It's the nature of the beast.The comfirmation bias is so strong that to admit any damage to the UK is to admit defeat and culpability.

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

From twitter:

Remain: “It’s going to be a cock-up”

Leave: “project fear”

Remain: “it’s going to be a MASSIVE cock-up”

Leave: “scaremongering”

Remain: “brexitshambles”

Leave: “you lost, get over it”

Remain: “stop Brexit”

Leave: “it’s a massive cock up, and it’s all your fault.”

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"From twitter:

"

https://youtu.be/Jzoz2FgAOxE

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"From twitter:

"

Did you enjoy your glass of sour grapes while you typed that?

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

"From twitter:

Did you enjoy your glass of sour grapes while you typed that? "

Errrrr....you do realise that you personally use the "You lost, get over it" part of that exchange in this forum on a bi-weekly basis. As if this was a game of schoolyard football rather than people's lives.

It's not sour grapes, you're being mocked. The rest of the leave campaign is on the last bit, blaming people who had no hand in it. Perhaps you ought to catch up. But as you're coming from the 1970's I'll understand if you're a while.

By *urve BallWoman
over a year ago

North London

"From twitter:

Did you enjoy your glass of sour grapes while you typed that?

Errrrr....you do realise that you personally use the "You lost, get over it" part of that exchange in this forum on a bi-weekly basis. As if this was a game of schoolyard football rather than people's lives.

It's not sour grapes, you're being mocked. The rest of the leave campaign is on the last bit, blaming people who had no hand in it. Perhaps you ought to catch up. But as you're coming from the 1970's I'll understand if you're a while. "

----

To Centaur_UK: I didn't type it. I copied it from someone on twitter and pasted it here. As for sour grapes, I only drink rioja and, unless corked, it always tastes lovely!

By *ex4unowCouple
over a year ago

near you

Why would they if they have nothing to lose or gain?

Ex-pat Brexiters crack me up"

Wrong assumptions !

I gave my opinions

Three options

Staying in (too late)

Leave straight away (too late)

Get a bad deal (only one left)

OP asked if as I labeled them “three stooges “could save brexit and I gave three examples of why they could not be trusted

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Why should we move on?

Following any election, do the supporters of the opposing party just “ok well that’s that then we will just shut up for five years”. No, they fight for what they believe in. They change people’s minds. The Daiky Fail and their readership ilk can just accept that some people will keep fighting to remain. That’s democracy."

Exactly. I hate all the crap about ‘Remoaners’. Are we supposed to believe that everyone who had literally been doing nothing but moan for years would have just politely accepted the result if it had gone the other way, and forever more fully embraced the EU? Like hell!

By *ex4unowCouple
over a year ago

near you

We will never know now but I personally don’t trust the people making decisions for me in this matter

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"From twitter:

Did you enjoy your glass of sour grapes while you typed that? "

What we all have to remember on here is centaur is never wrong he rights utter crap has done for years and lives to believe what so and so said in the Andrew mat show

What Father Christmas said on the pestin show etc etc he thinks all the facts are true and going to happen when he reads all of he crap farage and the Maybot and the rest of the tories cronies come up with

So far they have done jack shit what a total cock up this brexit bollocks is going to be

Put them all in a bonfire and set light to the twats

You can be the guy centaur holding farages hand

By *madeus999Man
over a year ago

Greater Manchester

He was as much use as his Ed Stone sculpture, he would have shit on a shovel to get a vote or, support from you!.

Post new Message to Thread