Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Huge majority in favour of 2nd referendum

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A huge majority of UK citizens is now in support of a second referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal. The will of the people should prevail.

Obviously the terms of the deal is what will make things better or worse for people, so it seems intelligent and fair.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

It does not matter how many people now want a second referendum, the government (May) is now hell bent on ramming brexit down the peoples throats regardless of how much it damages the country. You the majority (that voted) chose to ignore the government of the day, now the government of the day (same lot different leader) are going to make you c h o k e on your refusal to do as you were told, and at the same time they are taking your NHS from you to really ram home the lesson. Of course many of those who voted out will be claiming its the best thing that ever happened as the good ship Britannia sinks beneath the waves it once ruled.

I know, its all project fear, rising prices, and everything else has nothing to do with brexit and brexit is not the driving force when it comes to managing the economy, NHS or country.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A huge majority of UK citizens is now in support of a second referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal. The will of the people should prevail.

Obviously the terms of the deal is what will make things better or worse for people, so it seems intelligent and fair."

Thanks for this tread;

Perfect example of FAKE NEWS,

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"A huge majority of UK citizens is now in support of a second referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal. The will of the people should prevail.

Obviously the terms of the deal is what will make things better or worse for people, so it seems intelligent and fair.

Thanks for this tread;

Perfect example of FAKE NEWS, "

Read today’s papers

And check the polls

over a year ago

Thanks for this tread;

Read today’s papers

And check the polls "

exactly, FAKE NEWS

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

Thanks for this tread;

Read today’s papers

And check the polls

exactly, FAKE NEWS"

Seems like your quotes on here makes you non-it all

over a year ago

As the saying goes "you can please everyone". I just want 29/3/19 to arrive and we know what we have to do. The problem is that Brexit was sold as an easy fix. As we have seen it's anything but. If you note those advocating an easy fix are not the ones negotiating. Hence if they are not happy with the deal they will blame the negotiators! I would like to see Boris, Mogg, IDS, and others doing the negotiating. Daft as it may seem, but if they want to crash out then it's them who made the decisions. The "we buy more from them" argument clearly was a hope & prayer. Project fantasy perhaps? Equally the country hasn't been sent into a downward spiral as suggested. So to repeat myself let's just see - NOBODY can see into the future!

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

If we had a 2nd referendum on the terms of the brexit deal would we then want a 3rd and so on if things kept on coming up we weren't happy or unsure about.I have no problems admitting I voted remain and whilst I was a little surprised by the decision to leave I accept it and like a lot of people have said on this and various forums no really knows how good or bad brexit will be let's just wait and see.

over a year ago

"If we had a 2nd referendum on the terms of the brexit deal would we then want a 3rd and so on if things kept on coming up we weren't happy or unsure about.I have no problems admitting I voted remain and whilst I was a little surprised by the decision to leave I accept it and like a lot of people have said on this and various forums no really knows how good or bad brexit will be let's just wait and see."

Well Said

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

what would the question be?

over a year ago

"what would the question be?"

Perhaps;

"How many times will we run a referendum until we get the right answer"

over a year ago

"what would the question be?"
To fuck over your kids or not to fuck over your kids.That is the question.

over a year ago

My kids voted for brexit

over a year ago

A second referendum sounds good. Do you want the deal....or leave without one? Seems to be the only likely question. And parliament will vote on that anyway. Won't they?

over a year ago

"My kids voted for brexit"
Then they fucked over someone else's kids..

over a year ago

"A second referendum sounds good. Do you want the deal....or leave without one? Seems to be the only likely question. And parliament will vote on that anyway. Won't they?"

only thing is; there wont be one

fact.

over a year ago

"My kids voted for brexit Then they fucked over someone else's kids.. "

The were looking after their own kids

over a year ago

"My kids voted for brexit Then they fucked over someone else's kids..

The were looking after their own kids"

No they fucked up their future..

By *onandCouple
over a year ago

Cheadle

Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments!

over a year ago

Two of my kids voted remain. One voted leave. Unlike many on these forums they respected each others views and it caused no animosity at all.

over a year ago

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments!"

why? so you can travel to Fuertventua without a visa, or visa waiver

over a year ago

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments!"
It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted.

over a year ago

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments! It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted."

my father is 92, my mother 94, some granddads will out live many

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

....So did three of mine.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments! It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted."
wow bob it's getting bitchy again on here what happened to respecting every Ines opinion

By *exywoman77Couple
over a year ago

Barnsley

The poll done by the labour loving Guardian newspaper asked only 5000 people , make of it what you will

over a year ago

"The poll done by the labour loving Guardian newspaper asked only 5000 people , make of it what you will "

and invites were to remainers and bath's only lol

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments! It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted. wow bob it's getting bitchy again on here what happened to respecting every Ines opinion "

Your a fine one to talk ffs wtf

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

And how did u work that out my friend

over a year ago

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments! It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted. wow bob it's getting bitchy again on here what happened to respecting every Ines opinion "
I'm all out of fucks to give to extremists.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

And how did u work that out my friend

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments! It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted. wow bob it's getting bitchy again on here what happened to respecting every Ines opinion I'm all out of fucks to give to extremists.

"

Yeah I no the feeling

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Howay bob you don't think we are all extremists who voted out a hanfull maybe but look at the shit posted on here slagging leavers off everyday could say the same about some remainers

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments! It will ruin the next generation.However the grandads who voted out will be long in the grave and won't see the suffering they inflicted. wow bob it's getting bitchy again on here what happened to respecting every Ines opinion I'm all out of fucks to give to extremists.

"

...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Howay bob you don't think we are all extremists who voted out a hanfull maybe but look at the shit posted on here slagging leavers off everyday could say the same about some remainers "

Yeah it’s a shame don’t you thinkn

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

It's a shame you rant and rave on here everyday like a mad man it was you who says trump is the most evil man that's ever walked on this earth and racists should be lined up against a wall and shot

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"It's a shame you rant and rave on here everyday like a mad man it was you who says trump is the most evil man that's ever walked on this earth and racists should be lined up against a wall and shot "

So you have a problem with it then

Trump is a evil man and he’s a nasty raciest

So obviously you must support racism

Hang your head in shame

over a year ago

"It's a shame you rant and rave on here everyday like a mad man it was you who says trump is the most evil man that's ever walked on this earth and racists should be lined up against a wall and shot "
What is your final solution for racists foxy?. Group hugs and therapy.?

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

No I don't and you've just watered down what you said the other day you said he was the most evilest man to ever walk the earth bit over the top and I hate racists aswell but shot realy I'd go for educate them

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"No I don't and you've just watered down what you said the other day you said he was the most evilest man to ever walk the earth bit over the top and I hate racists aswell but shot realy I'd go for educate them "

Disagree completely there’s no room for racism and people who support it despise me

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"The poll done by the labour loving Guardian newspaper asked only 5000 people , make of it what you will "

No wonder the OP never posted a link.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"No I don't and you've just watered down what you said the other day you said he was the most evilest man to ever walk the earth bit over the top and I hate racists aswell but shot realy I'd go for educate them

Disagree completely there’s no room for racism and people who support it despise me "

I agree with you but not shooting them tho that's silly

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"The poll done by the labour loving Guardian newspaper asked only 5000 people , make of it what you will

No wonder the OP never posted a link. "

It’s a good job they only asked 5000 then otherwise it would have been a landslide

over a year ago

"No I don't and you've just watered down what you said the other day you said he was the most evilest man to ever walk the earth bit over the top and I hate racists aswell but shot realy I'd go for educate them

Disagree completely there’s no room for racism and people who support it despise me I agree with you but not shooting them tho that's silly "

Hug a racist..

That'll stop them chasing black and Asian kids down dead ends..

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"My kids voted for brexit Then they fucked over someone else's kids.. "

It's funny isn't it, how the people who voted in in 1975, and those older people with the benefit of the experience of up to 40 years of the EU, mostly regretted their decision then, and voted to leave.

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 27/01/18 13:23:18]

over a year ago

Leave it be

Bit like spurs beating arsenal 2-1 then satin I don't like that score we've got to play again

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

Yep, you're right. Every remain campaigner spoke about voting to stay in a 'reformed EU'...... But tell us....

What did they mean by a 'reformed EU'? And what's your idea of the amendments needed?

And then tell us how likely that would be to happen?

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"Worst decision for years and will hurt this country for years. We must fight to stay in Europe but with amendments!

Yep, you're right. Every remain campaigner spoke about voting to stay in a 'reformed EU'...... But tell us....

What did they mean by a 'reformed EU'? And what's your idea of the amendments needed?

And then tell us how likely that would be to happen?"

over a year ago

It's funny isn't it, how the people who voted in in 1975, and those older people with the benefit of the experience of up to 40 years of the EU, mostly regretted their decision then, and voted to leave.

"

Do me a favour they wanted the opportunities that came with membership. Britain was on its fucking arse back then .but your right they didn't want the foreigners and the multiculturalism that came with it.Now grandpas got to live in a multicultural country and you can't send them back.Youve closed the door after the horse has bolted.Youll never get back to some golden age of British colonial dominance.Its over for you lot.We live in a globalised multiculturl planet and not in isolation like you lot want

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

the people have voted you muppet .. get over it ..you cant keep voting till u get the the decision u want and dont believe everything u read in the pro remain media ..

over a year ago

The were looking after their own kids No they fucked up their future.. "

really!.. you can see into the future ..thats impressive ..tell us more

over a year ago

The were looking after their own kids No they fucked up their future..

really!.. you can see into the future ..thats impressive ..tell us more "

Yeah there won't be any vaseline it's going to be a rough ride.

By *aerman85Man
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Check the polls? ?????? Fake News. Brexit is happening. 17.4m of us voted for it. We are getting out of a totally corrupt organisation and not a minute too soon. So remoaners get used to it and piss off!

over a year ago

"Check the polls? ?????? Fake News. Brexit is happening. 17.4m of us voted for it. We are getting out of a totally corrupt organisation and not a minute too soon. So remoaners get used to it and piss off!"
Shall we piss off back to the EU or where would you like us to go.

I was told once a remainer swimming across the Chanel with a Pakistani under each arm would be preferable choice.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"the people have voted you muppet .. get over it ..you cant keep voting till u get the the decision u want and dont believe everything u read in the pro remain media .."

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"The poll done by the labour loving Guardian newspaper asked only 5000 people , make of it what you will

No wonder the OP never posted a link.

It’s a good job they only asked 5000 then otherwise it would have been a landslide"

I don't think so, when the REAL poll on this was done on 23rd June 2016, 17.4 million people voted Leave, to Remains 16 million votes. You were outvoted by over a million people.

over a year ago

Disagree completely there’s no room for racism and people who support it despise me I agree with you but not shooting them tho that's silly "

foxy ignore him

1; where would he get a gun

2; even if he did, he wouldn't know how to use it

3; the people he was going to shoot, would take it off him and stick it up his ass

its just a babbling of a fool

over a year ago

"

really!.. you can see into the future ..thats impressive ..tell us more

Yeah there won't be any vaseline it's going to be a rough ride. "

so theres going to be a shortage a vaseline ... any more predictions..maybe something of interest and relevance to the OP..

over a year ago

We are going to up production of marmite to sell to Jonny foreigners and as a substitute for vaseline .It's going to be sticky and rough and the brexiturds in government get thrown under a big red bus as entertainment once the country goes to shit.

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"We are going to up production of marmite to sell to Jonny foreigners and as a substitute for vaseline .It's going to be sticky and rough and the brexiturds in government get thrown under a big red bus as entertainment once the country goes to shit. "

over a year ago

...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid."

. Luckily as people become older they become more rational. Consequently even if some people who voted leave do die their votes will be replaced by some remainers who are older and wiser and will switch their vote to leave . We should never forget the sacrifices that that these older people made fighting the war and the Nazis. Europe would not exist in its present state if it was not for their efforts . It is great to see a poster recognising this and also showing respect for the older generation.

over a year ago

...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid. . Luckily as people become older they become more rational. Consequently even if some people who voted leave do die their votes will be replaced by some remainers who are older and wiser and will switch their vote to leave . We should never forget the sacrifices that that these older people made fighting the war and the Nazis. Europe would not exist in its present state if it was not for their efforts . It is great to see a poster recognising this and also showing respect for the older generation. "

Actually very few did anything in WW2 - most are dead. The oldies who are alive were kids who knew very little about the brutal effects of the war.The youngest person who fought in the war would be 89 yrs of age today!

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Omg the respect you have just paid to that heroic gensrtion you should be ashamed that genaration are a one off

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid. . Luckily as people become older they become more rational. Consequently even if some people who voted leave do die their votes will be replaced by some remainers who are older and wiser and will switch their vote to leave . We should never forget the sacrifices that that these older people made fighting the war and the Nazis. Europe would not exist in its present state if it was not for their efforts . It is great to see a poster recognising this and also showing respect for the older generation. "

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Well said my friend

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid. . Luckily as people become older they become more rational. Consequently even if some people who voted leave do die their votes will be replaced by some remainers who are older and wiser and will switch their vote to leave . We should never forget the sacrifices that that these older people made fighting the war and the Nazis. Europe would not exist in its present state if it was not for their efforts . It is great to see a poster recognising this and also showing respect for the older generation.

Actually very few did anything in WW2 - most are dead. The oldies who are alive were kids who knew very little about the brutal effects of the war.The youngest person who fought in the war would be 89 yrs of age today!"

you boil my piss mate you said most did very little surviving was a miracle and the only reason Europe is what it is is because of the pain and sacrifice that genaratiin went through

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

"Check the polls? ?????? Fake News. Brexit is happening. 17.4m of us voted for it. We are getting out of a totally corrupt organisation and not a minute too soon. So remoaners get used to it and piss off!"

Piss of where exactly? I like your reasoned debate and your sensible solutions.

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid. . Luckily as people become older they become more rational. Consequently even if some people who voted leave do die their votes will be replaced by some remainers who are older and wiser and will switch their vote to leave . We should never forget the sacrifices that that these older people made fighting the war and the Nazis. Europe would not exist in its present state if it was not for their efforts . It is great to see a poster recognising this and also showing respect for the older generation.

Actually very few did anything in WW2 - most are dead. The oldies who are alive were kids who knew very little about the brutal effects of the war.The youngest person who fought in the war would be 89 yrs of age today! you boil my piss mate you said most did very little surviving was a miracle and the only reason Europe is what it is is because of the pain and sacrifice that genaratiin went through "

You make it sound as if it was only the British that sacrificed anything.....try reading a book or two

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

" ...So you think the old boy's who voted brexit and thought in ww2 to defeat the nazis you hate so much ..should hurry up and die...you have no respect for anyone do you....your one fucked up kid."

I got a little bit of news for you, there are very still alive that fought in WW2 in fact to have made it into Germany before the end of the war you would have had to be 18 at the start of 1945 and that would mean you were born in 1927 and therefore at least 91 today. Fact is it was the old boys and girls who lived and fought trough WW2 voted for us to join the Common Market as was and it is the old boys and girls who were born after the war and grew up playing war and wishing it had been them who had fought the war who have voted us out.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

Do me a favour they wanted the opportunities that came with membership. Britain was on its fucking arse back then .but your right they didn't want the foreigners and the multiculturalism that came with it.Now grandpas got to live in a multicultural country and you can't send them back.Youve closed the door after the horse has bolted.Youll never get back to some golden age of British colonial dominance.Its over for you lot.We live in a globalised multiculturl planet and not in isolation like you lot want

"

They were told it was a trading bloc, a common market, and that was all....

If that is what it is now, and nothing else... I would have voted remain. But it's not.

over a year ago

Actually very few did anything in WW2 - most are dead. The oldies who are alive were kids who knew very little about the brutal effects of the war.The youngest person who fought in the war would be 89 yrs of age today!"

not quite

my Father is 91 soon to be 92, at 16 he was sent to Wales as part of RAF and after the war he had to remain in RAF and stationed down there, same place that had 20ft snow drifts in 1946, he doesn't talk much of the war but often about the snow drifts and walking at the height of telegraph poles

He didn't vote in the referendum, said he should leave it to the youngsters to make that choice, said he had lived his life. My mother is 94, she could not vote as she is in nursing home with onset Vascular Dementia

so its not all of the older generation that vote leave

over a year ago

Actually very few did anything in WW2 - most are dead. The oldies who are alive were kids who knew very little about the brutal effects of the war.The youngest person who fought in the war would be 89 yrs of age today!

not quite

my Father is 91 soon to be 92, at 16 he was sent to Wales as part of RAF and after the war he had to remain in RAF and stationed down there, same place that had 20ft snow drifts in 1946, he doesn't talk much of the war but often about the snow drifts and walking at the height of telegraph poles

He didn't vote in the referendum, said he should leave it to the youngsters to make that choice, said he had lived his life. My mother is 94, she could not vote as she is in nursing home with onset Vascular Dementia

so its not all of the older generation that vote leave"

My point is that there are very few people alive who fought in WW2. The oldies just lived through a period of time 40's and although they experienced a hard winter, 1963 was also a hard winter! Each generation endures different difficulties in their lives. This generation will have challenging times nothing changes whether they are remain or leave. In fact the oldies have never had it so good!

over a year ago

not quite

My point is that there are very few people alive who fought in WW2. The oldies just lived through a period of time 40's and although they experienced a hard winter, 1963 was also a hard winter! Each generation endures different difficulties in their lives. This generation will have challenging times nothing changes whether they are remain or leave. In fact the oldies have never had it so good!"

is that the same "oldies" that had to walk down the frosted garden at night to the "outside" Loo

My parents remember these days when toilets were outside

kids today all have on suit and cosy warm houses

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 28/01/18 11:03:28]

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

I actually think that a 2nd referendum might ultimately prove to be a lifeline for the Conservative Party.

Think about it. The Tory Party is now completely divided with Mogg and Hammond at odds over the end position. More and more Tory’s making self-opinionated speeches and a Prome Minister who, as a consequence, is still unable to spell out what Brexit is going to look like whilst maintaining the GFA and the support of both sides of the Party.

If May pursues a soft or a Hard Brexit in defience of one side of her Party thenthere will be a high risk of her losing any subsequent vote in the House on the final deal. By default, that leads to a vote of no confidence and a very high likelihood of a Labour Govt whilst the Conservatives fight out their internal differences in a political bloodbath.

A more palatable option for the Tory’s might be to let the people decide on the final deal and thereby avoid a vote of confidence.

Just a thought...

over a year ago

I think the Conservative Party could split if brexit fails to deliver. Ultimately resulting in the Conservatives ending up like the Liberals. It may take some time but it's so acrimonious I can't see everyone being happy again? Last la land here we come.

over a year ago

This clusterfuck would be mildly amusing if the possible ramifications weren't so disastrous for our Country.

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I actually think that a 2nd referendum might ultimately prove to be a lifeline for the Conservative Party.

Think about it. The Tory Party is now completely divided with Mogg and Hammond at odds over the end position. More and more Tory’s making self-opinionated speeches and a Prome Minister who, as a consequence, is still unable to spell out what Brexit is going to look like whilst maintaining the GFA and the support of both sides of the Party.

If May pursues a soft or a Hard Brexit in defience of one side of her Party thenthere will be a high risk of her losing any subsequent vote in the House on the final deal. By default, that leads to a vote of no confidence and a very high likelihood of a Labour Govt whilst the Conservatives fight out their internal differences in a political bloodbath.

A more palatable option for the Tory’s might be to let the people decide on the final deal and thereby avoid a vote of confidence.

Just a thought..."

I think a final vote is something that they see as attractive but won't put too much public attention to it, until it would support a failing Tory government from imploding. Theresa May took the poisoned chalice, so was meant to be an expendable element of their party - albeit she doesn't want to die too quickly and is highly self-interested.

This latest poll is certainly loud and clear about the public mood - obviously different to many of the swivel eyed lot that these threads get crawling out to post here.

It's obvious that the people are sovereign and should get to voice their decision upon the final offer

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I think the Conservative Party could split if brexit fails to deliver. Ultimately resulting in the Conservatives ending up like the Liberals. It may take some time but it's so acrimonious I can't see everyone being happy again? Last la land here we come."

Well look at the way brexiters are at the moment. Banks and Farage calling for a 2nd referendum, Davis saying it's going swimmingly, Rees Mogg saying its a disaster. The brexiters on here seem to think it's all sunshine and rainbows and can't even admit that there are such splits.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"I think the Conservative Party could split if brexit fails to deliver. Ultimately resulting in the Conservatives ending up like the Liberals. It may take some time but it's so acrimonious I can't see everyone being happy again? Last la land here we come.

Well look at the way brexiters are at the moment. Banks and Farage calling for a 2nd referendum, Davis saying it's going swimmingly, Rees Mogg saying its a disaster. The brexiters on here seem to think it's all sunshine and rainbows and can't even admit that there are such splits. "

Where has Farage called for a second referendum?

What he did was say that leave should be ready for a second referendum.

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Sky news have done a poll today 80,000 people

55% to 45% want a second referendum

By *igsteve43Man
over a year ago

derby

I dont understand why remainers are clamouring for a second referendum when best result would be a poor deal for uk and worst result is no deal which most leave voters would see as the best result

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I dont understand why remainers are clamouring for a second referendum when best result would be a poor deal for uk and worst result is no deal which most leave voters would see as the best result"

Tell the 55% that

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Who says?Just your wishfull thinking,answer to survey depends who you ask

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Even Corbyn doesn't want one

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Who says?Just your wishfull thinking,answer to survey depends who you ask"
they weren’t asked they voted

We all no there’s not going to be one

I’m just saying what’s been on sky news tonight

The problem is with all you leavers you don’t read anything properly and automatically start shouting this that and the other

I’m just stating a fact for gods sake

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Forgot to say brexit is going well isn’t it

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

same old same old ...if u don't get the result u want have another go ....I voted to stay ..but after the way the eu have treated us over this ....I deffo out and they can go fuck themselves ...we can do better on our own ....x

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"same old same old ...if u don't get the result u want have another go ....I voted to stay ..but after the way the eu have treated us over this ....I deffo out and they can go fuck themselves ...we can do better on our own ....x"

Problem is my friend we won’t be on our own

Please keep up and also your language is rather unpleasant seems like your loosing it

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"same old same old ...if u don't get the result u want have another go ....I voted to stay ..but after the way the eu have treated us over this ....I deffo out and they can go fuck themselves ...we can do better on our own ....x"

No you didn’t. You voted Leave “on immigration alone” as I recall.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

You on here were calling for the 'vermin' (your word) in Calais to be machine gunned to stop them crossing the channel.

To pretend that you voted to stay is complete fiction..

over a year ago

"same old same old ...if u don't get the result u want have another go ....I voted to stay ..but after the way the eu have treated us over this ....I deffo out and they can go fuck themselves ...we can do better on our own ....x

You on here were calling for the 'vermin' (your word) in Calais to be machine gunned to stop them crossing the channel.

To pretend that you voted to stay is complete fiction.. "

There were a lot of bad words at that time, im sure someone even said feed them to the sharks

do you get great whites in English channel, perhaps you do now with global warming

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

That's not a shock is it? Same as kids growing up the same religion as their parents.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"same old same old ...if u don't get the result u want have another go ....I voted to stay ..but after the way the eu have treated us over this ....I deffo out and they can go fuck themselves ...we can do better on our own ....x

To pretend that you voted to stay is complete fiction.. "

That type of post is all over social media these days. Post truth, post Brexit U.K. it doesn’t matter how many lies you tell - just keep the message on track. Every win is is a win - lies are necessary.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Obviously the terms of the deal is what will make things better or worse for people, so it seems intelligent and fair."

The will of the people has already taken place . There was a vote if you remember . Leave won . The End !!

over a year ago

"My kids voted for brexit

That's not a shock is it? Same as kids growing up the same religion as their parents. "

That's true people aren't born racist or xenophobic or homophobic.Its taught to them by their parents and the environment they grow up in.

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

I’m just stating a fact here before I get 10 barrels in reply

2nd referendum vote on sky news this morning is 59% to 41% in favour of s 2nd vote it’s climbing all the time

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I’m just stating a fact here before I get 10 barrels in reply

2nd referendum vote on sky news this morning is 59% to 41% in favour of s 2nd vote it’s climbing all the time "

As the reality becomes clearer it will only continue to go one way..

Fickle fuckers 'we' are..

over a year ago

not quite

My point is that there are very few people alive who fought in WW2. The oldies just lived through a period of time 40's and although they experienced a hard winter, 1963 was also a hard winter! Each generation endures different difficulties in their lives. This generation will have challenging times nothing changes whether they are remain or leave. In fact the oldies have never had it so good!

is that the same "oldies" that had to walk down the frosted garden at night to the "outside" Loo

My parents remember these days when toilets were outside

kids today all have on suit and cosy warm houses"

It's called progression. The good old days have long gone. Just think 30 years ago you would not have been able to this debate!

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I dont understand why remainers are clamouring for a second referendum when best result would be a poor deal for uk and worst result is no deal which most leave voters would see as the best result"

It's very unclear what the deal the UK will be offered is to be at present - the EU are being very open whilst the UK sits around doing little and saying even less.

The huge range of opinions in the conservatives alone shouts that the public and government should get to use their sovereign powers to decide if the final deal is acceptable or not.

A second referendum is for everyone to scrutinize, so that informed consent can be gained - those from both sides formerly, not just remainers. The last vote didn't have an informed electorate and the current wildly divergent opinions in conservatives government show that's not been a good thing.

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I’m just stating a fact here before I get 10 barrels in reply

2nd referendum vote on sky news this morning is 59% to 41% in favour of s 2nd vote it’s climbing all the time

As the reality becomes clearer it will only continue to go one way..

Fickle fuckers 'we' are.. "

Your right it’s 60% to 40% now brits want a 2nd one

over a year ago

in Lancashire

On such a decision with the actual facts of the deal laid out which will remove a lot of spin by either side then which knows which way it will pan out..

But if such a thing happens then whatever the outcome that should be it for at least a generation..

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

I think th eu want us to have another one aswell that's why they are playing hardball

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I think th eu want us to have another one aswell that's why they are playing hardball "

You may well be right there we all no may is a remainer

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

I think she was a leaver that's why did t come out and say was trying to pick the winning side bit like corbyn

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"I think th eu want us to have another one aswell that's why they are playing hardball "

How are they playing hardball?

They just want the Vonservative clusterfucking Brexit team to tell the EU what they want. Unfortunately they can’t do that because the Party, like the country is completely split on the idea.

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

They're not though particularly, are they! They are being clear, upfront and surprisingly tolerant of the UK 'negotiating' team, who remain as confused, conflicted and running late as ever, whilst remaining as opaque as humanly possible.

It's ever clearer that this catastrophically stupid move was pushed for whilst the ignorant experienced immigrants around them who strengthened the UK economy but the government hadn't invested much into building suitable infrastructure for all, which helped stoke dissatisfaction and hatred.

over a year ago

The problem being is the Cameron government didn't prepare for a leave vote. Leave didn't prepare for a win either because if they did we wouldn't be in the message we are in now.

May got bullied by the extreme right to trigger A50, when clearly they had no plan. The bit about "we don't want to show our hand" is frankly rubbish. We should have been honest and said we want all the good bits and none of the bad.

Then we negotiate from that point. But the problem is the brexiteers will blame our negotiators so that's why we need all the gang in there making the decisions,because they will then prove to everyone how good they really are!

If they succeed they will be hero's, if they fail will they become fugitives hiding from the millions they betrayed? Who knows time will tell, but a second referendum to cancel the first is wrong. A thoughtful second referendum based on the final deal - maybe. However the country has to leave, if only to prove who was right and who was wrong otherwise the argument will never be resolved!

over a year ago

"The problem being is the Cameron government didn't prepare for a leave vote. Leave didn't prepare for a win either because if they did we wouldn't be in the message we are in now.

May got bullied by the extreme right to trigger A50, when clearly they had no plan. The bit about "we don't want to show our hand" is frankly rubbish. We should have been honest and said we want all the good bits and none of the bad.

Then we negotiate from that point. But the problem is the brexiteers will blame our negotiators so that's why we need all the gang in there making the decisions,because they will then prove to everyone how good they really are!

If they succeed they will be hero's, if they fail will they become fugitives hiding from the millions they betrayed? Who knows time will tell, but a second referendum to cancel the first is wrong. A thoughtful second referendum based on the final deal - maybe. However the country has to leave, if only to prove who was right and who was wrong otherwise the argument will never be resolved!

"

Sorry message should read "mess"

over a year ago

"The problem being is the Cameron government didn't prepare for a leave vote. Leave didn't prepare for a win either because if they did we wouldn't be in the message we are in now.

"

what happens if a 2nd referendum does not go the remainers way

will we have a 3rd lol

perhaps a 4th

This will make a total mockery of the voting system and what ever trust there is left in MP's will be lost for ever.

People will give up on voting

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

will we have a 3rd lol

perhaps a 4th

This will make a total mockery of the voting system and what ever trust there is left in MP's will be lost for ever.

People will give up on voting"

Absolutely. It's a bit like the old " Fergie time " . They'll just keep on demanding more reruns until they win. I understand people's apprehension at taking a plunge into the unknown but it's done . Let's get on with it ffs !!

over a year ago

will we have a 3rd lol

perhaps a 4th

People will give up on voting"

No one has mentioned a 3rd or 4th referendum. As stated until the 1st one is enacted,we will not know - we are all just guessing. Personally I think voting in a referendum should be mandatory and that checks and balances are in place. For example if one side only polled say 100 votes more, it is a majority but would it be accepted? To quote Mr Farage "if it's 52/48 it's not over" how right he was!

Post new Message to Thread