Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

EU boss Juncker delivers hammer blow to Remainers

Jump to newest

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

EU boss Jean Claude Juncker has delivered a hammer blow to Remainers hopes of staying in the bloc by insisting last night that Brexit will happen. The Brussels boss last night insisted Brexit will go ahead next year regardless of the opposition from Remainers. The European Commission chief said those claiming otherwise were deluded. Junckers remarks will come as a major rebuke to Remoaners like Tony Blair, Peter Mandelson, Alistair Campbell, Lord Adonis, Heseltine and Nick Clegg, who all want to reverse Brexit.

Mr Juncker told a conference in Brussels, "Don't believe those who say it's not going to happen and that people have realised their error in the UK. I don't think that that's going to be the case. Our British friends will be leaving us on 30th March 2019."

Finally it seems like Juncker is at long last talking some sense, and the EU have finally seen the light and the writing that is already on the wall that we will now inevitably be leaving.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

it will take the 30th March 2020 until some remainers on here finally realise we have left.

If they are still not happy, they can always move to the EU, they wont be missed.

over a year ago

"it will take the 30th March 2020 until some remainers on here finally realise we have left.

If they are still not happy, they can always move to the EU, they wont be missed."

it's not just remainers, EU citizens are fleeing and taking vital skills - threatening the ability of vital services - NHS. From feedback of Europeans they are not that bothered about losing the UK. Let's revisit this in 2024 - and then see who was right or wrong?

over a year ago

Oh I'm sure if we end up with either no deal or such a shite deal its worse than no deal then Parliament will vote it down or the government will just trash the idea of leaving then stay in the EU & pay a heafty figure for the fucking about.

If it comes to that, Junker & Co will happily have our continuation of membership being a large net contributor

over a year ago

Stop Hammer time (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) ( Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) (Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) u can't touch this (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) u can't stay in the EU.

over a year ago

That's a weird way to frame it. And I'm being generous with the term "weird"

Junker is telling people that the UK will not come to its senses, and therefore they should not waste time hoping that they do.

Which is hardly a "blow" to people that would very much rather the UK didn't do something stupid, they already know that is the tact being taken by what passes for leadership these days.

over a year ago

Junker has previously stated that the UK WILL leave the EU...and that this WILL mean leaving single market and customs union .... his position hasn’t changed since day one. He just felt he had to re-state it following more comments from Bliar et al.....

over a year ago

more brextremist bitching and moaning ... no news here then

By *xplicitlyricsMan
over a year ago

south dublin

The grasping of the straws continues

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

Yep they love to stir the shit fuck em all

The brexiteers that is

over a year ago

"Yep they love to stir the shit fuck em all

The brexiteers that is "

They love creepin about in clubs eh

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"Yep they love to stir the shit fuck em all

The brexiteers that is

They love creepin about in clubs eh "

Yes most defiantly realy creepy

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Play nice...

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"

Finally it seems like Juncker is at long last talking some sense, and the EU have finally seen the light and the writing that is already on the wall that we will now inevitably be leaving. "

and David Davis is now complaining they are planning for this ... and may take this to court (I hope not the ECJ ....)

over a year ago

"

Finally it seems like Juncker is at long last talking some sense, and the EU have finally seen the light and the writing that is already on the wall that we will now inevitably be leaving. and David Davis is now complaining they are planning for this ... and may take this to court (I hope not the ECJ ....)"

Couldnt make it up could you lol

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

We get the Sun and the Express at work, and it isn't those... I'm just wondering which paper you copy headlines out of?

"Hammer blow"... get a fucking grip.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

as stated before if u want to remain in the eu all the people who voted to stay,you will have 26 choices of where to go so -uck off to the great eu ...thought so lots of people with no balls...

over a year ago

"as stated before if u want to remain in the eu all the people who voted to stay,you will have 26 choices of where to go so -uck off to the great eu ...thought so lots of people with no balls..."

Are those Spitfires still flying over you

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"as stated before if u want to remain in the eu all the people who voted to stay,you will have 26 choices of where to go so -uck off to the great eu ...thought so lots of people with no balls..."

I've got a better idea. Why don't you -uck off to The Isle Of Man, The Channel Islands or better still the Falklands. That way you can be British but not part of the EU, as you always could have been but simply didn't have the balls to.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Just like the snowflake Clinton supporting celebs in America who said they would leave the USA if Trump won. Over a year later and they are still there, just like you said, no balls.

over a year ago

Fuck.

The word you're looking for there is Fuck.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

[Removed by poster at 10/01/18 00:25:00]

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

"as stated before if u want to remain in the eu all the people who voted to stay,you will have 26 choices of where to go so -uck off to the great eu ...thought so lots of people with no balls...

Fuck.

"

Are you sure? Only my phone keeps trying to auto change the word Fuck to the word Duck.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"as stated before if u want to remain in the eu all the people who voted to stay,you will have 26 choices of where to go so -uck off to the great eu ...thought so lots of people with no balls...

Fuck.

Are you sure? Only my phone keeps trying to auto change the word Fuck to the word Duck. "

As does mine. Try typing fuckkk (with a space at the end) and then deleting back to the first k.

over a year ago

Fuck.

Are you sure? Only my phone keeps trying to auto change the word Fuck to the word Duck. "

I'm not surprised.

over a year ago

"

"Hammer blow"... get a fucking grip. "

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

" or better still the Falklands. That way you can be British but not part of the EU, as you always could have been but simply didn't have the balls to."

What have the still done to deserve him?

over a year ago

perhaps not, some remainers may not have the education/Job qualifications to enable them to head to the EU once we have visa requirements back

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I just wondering when the BREXITers are going to actually wake up and realise that the BREXIT they hoped for is never, ever going to actually happen. With regularity alignment there are only two BREXIT options left; no BREXIT or fake BREXIT. One of those options leaves with control over our future the other leaves us with none. It's really very simple.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

"I just wondering when the BREXITers are going to actually wake up and realise that the BREXIT they hoped for is never, ever going to actually happen. With regularity alignment there are only two BREXIT options left; no BREXIT or fake BREXIT. One of those options leaves with control over our future the other leaves us with none. It's really very simple."

Not quite as simple as you think. As the phase 1 agreement clearly stated Regulatory alignment will only happen as a last resort and you are talking like full regulatory alignment is already 100% guaranteed.....which it isn't. During phase 2 negotiations Britain can put forward alternative solutions to regulatory alignment by individual sector and unique different solutions can be found to each unique different sector of business and industry.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"I just wondering when the BREXITers are going to actually wake up and realise that the BREXIT they hoped for is never, ever going to actually happen. With regularity alignment there are only two BREXIT options left; no BREXIT or fake BREXIT. One of those options leaves with control over our future the other leaves us with none. It's really very simple.

Not quite as simple as you think. As the phase 1 agreement clearly stated Regulatory alignment will only happen as a last resort and you are talking like full regulatory alignment is already 100% guaranteed.....which it isn't. During phase 2 negotiations Britain can put forward alternative solutions to regulatory alignment by individual sector and unique different solutions can be found to each unique different sector of business and industry. "

Whether it's sector by sector or all done as one 'regularity alignment' means 'regularity alignment'. It may take you a while to realise that but, hopefully, you eventually will. But either way, whether you do or don't realise it, the only thing left to negotiate now is how much say we have over the regulations. The more 'OUT' we are the less say we'll have and the more 'IN' we are the more say we'll have. It's not difficult to figure out really.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

Still clinging on to staying in I see! Pmsl

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Still clinging on to staying in I see! Pmsl"

Bless! You don't even realise just how much you're actually being deluded, do you?

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

perhaps not, some remainers may not have the education/Job qualifications to enable them to head to the EU once we have visa requirements back "

Given the breakdown by age and educational attainmnent of the referendum vote, it's significantly more likely that Remainers will have the education, training and qualifications required to go and to return. On the other hand, the brexiteers, not so much. Nice try though.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

"Still clinging on to staying in I see! Pmsl

Bless! You don't even realise just how much you're actually being deluded, do you?"

It was Jean Claude Juncker who called remainers who hope to stay in the EU, deluded, just 2 days ago. I think your grand leader Juncker was referring to people like you. How does it feel to have Juncker, the head of the organisation you want to remain part of, calling you deluded.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Bless! You don't even realise just how much you're actually being deluded, do you?

It was Jean Claude Juncker who called remainers who hope to stay in the EU, deluded, just 2 days ago. I think your grand leader Juncker was referring to people like you. How does it feel to have Juncker, the head of the organisation you want to remain part of, calling you deluded. "

So now his words have meaning?

Make your minds up centaur, you can't have it both ways..

Oh yes, forgot that's how you ??..

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

It was Jean Claude Juncker who called remainers who hope to stay in the EU, deluded, just 2 days ago. I think your grand leader Juncker was referring to people like you. How does it feel to have Juncker, the head of the organisation you want to remain part of, calling you deluded.

Oh yes, forgot that's how you ??.. "

Aww bless are you getting confused and muddled again. If you bothered to read the OP properly I did say there that finally at long last it seems like Juncker is starting to talk some sense.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Oh yes, forgot that's how you ??..

Aww bless are you getting confused and muddled again. If you bothered to read the OP properly I did say there that finally at long last it seems like Juncker is starting to talk some sense. "

Change like the wind you do, no substance nor consistency..

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

It was Jean Claude Juncker who called remainers who hope to stay in the EU, deluded, just 2 days ago. I think your grand leader Juncker was referring to people like you. How does it feel to have Juncker, the head of the organisation you want to remain part of, calling you deluded. "

Fake BREXIT or no BREXIT, that's the only choice. It doesn't matter what anyone says we're getting or even what they say we've got after they say we've left. Wake up and start reasoning it out for yourself rather than believing the spin Centura.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Fake BREXIT or no BREXIT, that's the only choice. It doesn't matter what anyone says we're getting or even what they say we've got after they say we've left. Wake up and start reasoning it out for yourself rather than believing the spin Centura."

For once Juncker is right, Remainers like you really are deluded. We've been in the EU for the past 40 odd years trying to reform it, without success. Cameron tried to reform it in his renegotiation and failed miserably even when the threat of the UK leaving was there the EU refused to offer any kind of meaningful reform. You say we'll become a vassel state of the EU when we leave, a rule taker rather than a rule maker. Only we've become a vassel state of the EU and a rule taker rather than a rule maker as a member of the EU over the last 40 odd years. Even now we have voted to leave the EU they still refuse to offer any kind of meaningful reform to persuade us to reconsider or stay. If anything the EU has gone in completely the opposite direction since the Brexit vote by outlining it's intention to become more federalist with more centralisation of power. Remaining in would only see the situation get worse as the EU becomes more federalist with more centralisation of power in Brussels. Our future does not belong in an uncompromising organisation such as that, we're better off out on our own engaging with the rest of the world outside.

over a year ago

"Only we've become a vassel state of the EU and a rule taker rather than a rule maker as a member of the EU over the last 40 odd years. "

Objectively false.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Not as easy as that though is it, sure if you're fresh out of uni then you can up sticks on a whim but for those with children elderly parents mortgages or any other long term commitments it's not lack of balls it's responsibility to present circumstances.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Fake BREXIT or no BREXIT, that's the only choice. It doesn't matter what anyone says we're getting or even what they say we've got after they say we've left. Wake up and start reasoning it out for yourself rather than believing the spin Centura.

For once Juncker is right, Remainers like you really are deluded. We've been in the EU for the past 40 odd years trying to reform it, without success. Cameron tried to reform it in his renegotiation and failed miserably even when the threat of the UK leaving was there the EU refused to offer any kind of meaningful reform. You say we'll become a vassel state of the EU when we leave, a rule taker rather than a rule maker. Only we've become a vassel state of the EU and a rule taker rather than a rule maker as a member of the EU over the last 40 odd years. Even now we have voted to leave the EU they still refuse to offer any kind of meaningful reform to persuade us to reconsider or stay. If anything the EU has gone in completely the opposite direction since the Brexit vote by outlining it's intention to become more federalist with more centralisation of power. Remaining in would only see the situation get worse as the EU becomes more federalist with more centralisation of power in Brussels. Our future does not belong in an uncompromising organisation such as that, we're better off out on our own engaging with the rest of the world outside. "

We really don't nead another rerun of the BREXIT lie machine which in one sentence tries to claim the EU is incapable of any reform whilst in another sentence claims the EU is going to reform itself into some sort of super state. It's one thing to win a referendum, It's a totally different thing to actually deliver. Regularity Alignment is the minimum. What, exactly, do you think regularly alignment actually means? Who's going to be making these regulations that we are going to have to be aligned with? How do you think we can possibly make our own regulations while also remaining aligned with the EU? We're not going to get any sort of real BREXIT no matter what you, Davies, Barnier, Junkers, Farage, May, Corbyn or anyone else says, tries to say or tells you has happened after. The sooner you and the rest of the BREXIT mob come to terms with this simple reality, accept it and start working with the rest of us who actually can see what is actually happening, to do the least amount of damage to the UK, the better.

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

For once Juncker is right, Remainers like you really are deluded. We've been in the EU for the past 40 odd years trying to reform it, without success. Cameron tried to reform it in his renegotiation and failed miserably even when the threat of the UK leaving was there the EU refused to offer any kind of meaningful reform. You say we'll become a vassel state of the EU when we leave, a rule taker rather than a rule maker. Only we've become a vassel state of the EU and a rule taker rather than a rule maker as a member of the EU over the last 40 odd years. Even now we have voted to leave the EU they still refuse to offer any kind of meaningful reform to persuade us to reconsider or stay. If anything the EU has gone in completely the opposite direction since the Brexit vote by outlining it's intention to become more federalist with more centralisation of power. Remaining in would only see the situation get worse as the EU becomes more federalist with more centralisation of power in Brussels. Our future does not belong in an uncompromising organisation such as that, we're better off out on our own engaging with the rest of the world outside.

We really don't nead another rerun of the BREXIT lie machine which in one sentence tries to claim the EU is incapable of any reform whilst in another sentence claims the EU is going to reform itself into some sort of super state. It's one thing to win a referendum, It's a totally different thing to actually deliver. Regularity Alignment is the minimum. What, exactly, do you think regularly alignment actually means? Who's going to be making these regulations that we are going to have to be aligned with? How do you think we can possibly make our own regulations while also remaining aligned with the EU? We're not going to get any sort of real BREXIT no matter what you, Davies, Barnier, Junkers, Farage, May, Corbyn or anyone else says, tries to say or tells you has happened after. The sooner you and the rest of the BREXIT mob come to terms with this simple reality, accept it and start working with the rest of us who actually can see what is actually happening, to do the least amount of damage to the UK, the better."

By *xplicitlyricsMan
over a year ago

south dublin

"

Not quite as simple as you think. As the phase 1 agreement clearly stated Regulatory alignment will only happen as a last resort and you are talking like full regulatory alignment is already 100% guaranteed.....which it isn't. During phase 2 negotiations Britain can put forward alternative solutions to regulatory alignment by individual sector and unique different solutions can be found to each unique different sector of business and industry. "

The regulatory alignment is the fallback option but that means the EU has a very simple choice: take regulatory alignment or get an even better deal. Theres no way the EU will take a worse deal than that.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Not quite as simple as you think. As the phase 1 agreement clearly stated Regulatory alignment will only happen as a last resort and you are talking like full regulatory alignment is already 100% guaranteed.....which it isn't. During phase 2 negotiations Britain can put forward alternative solutions to regulatory alignment by individual sector and unique different solutions can be found to each unique different sector of business and industry.

The regulatory alignment is the fallback option but that means the EU has a very simple choice: take regulatory alignment or get an even better deal. Theres no way the EU will take a worse deal than that."

You also said before the phase 1 agreement was reached that there was no way the EU could ever let the ECJ be removed from overseeing the rights of its citizens. Only that is exactly what happened in the phase 1 agreement. Your crystal ball doesn't appear to work very well. The ECJ will be reduced to a voluntary referral court for 8 years after Brexit, then when those 8 years are up the ECJ gets kicked out of Britain for good. The Phase 1 agreement is now being made legally binding so the EU won't be able to change its mind on that during phase 2.

By *xplicitlyricsMan
over a year ago

south dublin

"

The regulatory alignment is the fallback option but that means the EU has a very simple choice: take regulatory alignment or get an even better deal. Theres no way the EU will take a worse deal than that.

You also said before the phase 1 agreement was reached that there was no way the EU could ever let the ECJ be removed from overseeing the rights of its citizens. Only that is exactly what happened in the phase 1 agreement. Your crystal ball doesn't appear to work very well. The ECJ will be reduced to a voluntary referral court for 8 years after Brexit, then when those 8 years are up the ECJ gets kicked out of Britain for good. The Phase 1 agreement is now being made legally binding so the EU won't be able to change its mind on that during phase 2. "

Actually I wasnt one of the ones predicting the ECJ would stay permanently, I did predict that there would be a court of EU and UK judges which is basically the ECJ though.

Post new Message to Thread