Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Scottish media + New poll in Scotland

Jump to newest

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Seems the media in Scotland love to quote FOI as now research lmao yeah i really did say that lol

So Scottish Labour branch office tell the media that 1,000 patients died waiting to leave Scottish hospitals due to delayed discharge. Now anybody with logic in their heeds would look at at that and ask why in the fuck would you discharge someone near death ?

Also side now i can tell you now on Monday 8th Jan 2018 the Scottish media will print this - more than one in ten Scottish children from familes on the financial edge the media print anythin Scottish Labour branch say as gospel without checking in the back pocket as tgey say

Now moving on the the new poll in Scotland

Question which do you think would be the best outcome in a UK election for Scotland ?

A Labour minority government dependent on votes from the SNP mps

19% of Labour voters in Scotland said they would agree with that and interesting that is almost half of Labour voters in Scotland saying that lol

But more interesting 7% of Tory voters in Scotland in last years UK election said they thought some form of a Labour government would be the best possible outcome for an election in Scotland while at the same time 7% of Labour voters in Scotland said Scotland would be better off under a Tory government but still voted Labour anyway

Make of that what you will but stinks of tactical voting by unionists just to harm Scotland and get SNP out no matter how much damage it will do they dont care

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

It should come as no surprise to anyone that people vote tactically at elections. There will be many people in Scotland who previously have voted SNP in order to keep either the Tories or Labour out but who now see independence as a bigger threat than either of them. You may think that another Tory government is the worst thing that could happen to Scotland but clearly quite a few think that independence would be worse.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"It should come as no surprise to anyone that people vote tactically at elections. There will be many people in Scotland who previously have voted SNP in order to keep either the Tories or Labour out but who now see independence as a bigger threat than either of them. You may think that another Tory government is the worst thing that could happen to Scotland but clearly quite a few think that independence would be worse."

What it tells you is what we have known all along that that Labour are Red Tories and couldnt care less about Scotland hell they even voted against all powers being devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission

If anyone would like to challenge that and claim i am lying the floor is yours to debunk me lol

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Labour is a Unionist party. The choice for a Labour supporter, if the thinks the Labour candidate can not win, is whether a Tory government or independence is worse for Scotland. A similar decision also exists for a Conservative supporters if they think the Conservative candidate can not win. Ditto for LibDems. The really interesting question is who would an SNP supporter vote for if they knew the SNP candidate could not win? Or would they/you vote SNP regardless, knowing that do that would lead to a government that you believe would actually be harmful to Scotland?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 07/01/18 15:55:59]

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

What it tells you is what we have known all along that that Labour are Red Tories and couldnt care less about Scotland hell they even voted against all powers being devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission

If anyone would like to challenge that and claim i am lying the floor is yours to debunk me lol

"

which vote was that?

and if it is the vote that i think it was (the one in the EU withdrawal bill) why are you trying to pedal a falsehood yet again that was explained to you at the time....

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Labour is a Unionist party. The choice for a Labour supporter, if the thinks the Labour candidate can not win, is whether a Tory government or independence is worse for Scotland. A similar decision also exists for a Conservative supporters if they think the Conservative candidate can not win. Ditto for LibDems. The really interesting question is who would an SNP supporter vote for if they knew the SNP candidate could not win? Or would they/you vote SNP regardless, knowing that do that would lead to a government that you believe would actually be harmful to Scotland?"

Not a shocker that Labour are Red Tories

The band is still together from 2014

Imagine that eh Labour viters wilking to screw Scotland over and vote Tory

Like they didnt know if a independence referendum took place they can still vote no to it

But Labour voters actually ok to see a Tory government says it all

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"

which vote was that?

and if it is the vote that i think it was (the one in the EU withdrawal bill) why are you trying to pedal a falsehood yet again that was explained to you at the time...."

Nope Fabio proves you have no clue about Scotland

In 2014 Scottish independence referendum the Better Together mob offered Scotland extra powers , devo max , Home Rule

Which was coined as " The Vow"

So the Smith commission aka the Scotland Bill

Labour voted against devolving all those powers to Scotland bot a single power Labour wanted to devolve Scotland even though Gordon Brown stood there and told Labour supporters that Labour were putting forward Home Rule for Scotland and Scotland would be a near federial state within the UK

Go on i challenge you to name one single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commission ?

This will show you how much Labour are against Scotland

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Labour is a Unionist party. The choice for a Labour supporter, if the thinks the Labour candidate can not win, is whether a Tory government or independence is worse for Scotland. A similar decision also exists for a Conservative supporters if they think the Conservative candidate can not win. Ditto for LibDems. The really interesting question is who would an SNP supporter vote for if they knew the SNP candidate could not win? Or would they/you vote SNP regardless, knowing that do that would lead to a government that you believe would actually be harmful to Scotland?

Like they didnt know if a independence referendum took place they can still vote no to it

But Labour voters actually ok to see a Tory government says it all "

But if all SNP voters voted Labour (and I personally hope they don't) there would be a much better chance of not having a Tory Government next time. I really think this whole thread is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I also notice that you didn't answer my direct question to you about how you would vote.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

which vote was that?

and if it is the vote that i think it was (the one in the EU withdrawal bill) why are you trying to pedal a falsehood yet again that was explained to you at the time....

In 2014 Scottish independence referendum the Better Together mob offered Scotland extra powers , devo max , Home Rule

Labour voted against devolving all those powers to Scotland bot a single power Labour wanted to devolve Scotland even though Gordon Brown stood there and told Labour supporters that Labour were putting forward Home Rule for Scotland and Scotland would be a near federial state within the UK

Go on i challenge you to name one single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commission ?

This will show you how much Labour are against Scotland "

You keep using the phrase "home rule" yet couldn't quote any unionist politician who had uses that phrase. I highly doubt they promised a federial [sic] state either.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

which vote was that?

This will show you how much Labour are against Scotland "

okay... since we are talking about the vow.....

what powers are in "the vow" recommendation report have not been acted upon that are not devolved to you at this present time? (bearing in mind that all the welfare aspects will be fulfilled in april, and were only delayed implementing before at the request of the scottish govenrment)

the only part i can see is voting for 16-17 yr olds in scottish elections... which may supprise you becaue i think all 16-17 yr olds should have the right to all in all uk elections

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Labour is a Unionist party. The choice for a Labour supporter, if the thinks the Labour candidate can not win, is whether a Tory government or independence is worse for Scotland. A similar decision also exists for a Conservative supporters if they think the Conservative candidate can not win. Ditto for LibDems. The really interesting question is who would an SNP supporter vote for if they knew the SNP candidate could not win? Or would they/you vote SNP regardless, knowing that do that would lead to a government that you believe would actually be harmful to Scotland?

But if all SNP voters voted Labour (and I personally hope they don't) there would be a much better chance of not having a Tory Government next time. I really think this whole thread is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I also notice that you didn't answer my direct question to you about how you would vote."

So whats your excuse for a Tory government in 2015 ?

Swap all 56 SNP mps with Scottish Labour branch mps and you would still ended up with a Tory government

How would i vote ? Always SNP they hqve the best interests of Scotland at heart Tell me who do you think has Scotlands best interests at heart ?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"

which vote was that?

what powers are in "the vow" recommendation report have not been acted upon that are not devolved to you at this present time? (bearing in mind that all the welfare aspects will be fulfilled in april, and were only delayed implementing before at the request of the scottish govenrment)

the only part i can see is voting for 16-17 yr olds in scottish elections... which may supprise you becaue i think all 16-17 yr olds should have the right to all in all uk elections"

Wow you really asked me a question without answering my question to you

Try and answer this name one single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commission ? Them we will talk

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

well.... the smith report actually contained the following...

The Scottish Parliament to have complete power to set income tax rates and bands.

The Scottish Parliament to receive a proportion of the VAT raised in Scotland, amounting to the first ten percentage points of the standard rate (so with the current standard VAT rate of 20%, Scotland would receive 50% of the receipts). However, the Scottish Parliament would not have power to influence the UK's overall VAT rate.

The Scottish Parliament to have increased borrowing powers to support capital investment and ensure budgetary stability. These powers are to be agreed with the UK government.

UK legislation to state that the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government are permanent institutions. The parliament will also be given powers to legislate over how it is elected and run.

The Scottish Parliament to have power to extend the vote to 16- and 17-year-olds, allowing them to vote in the Scottish Parliament general election, 2016.

The Scottish Parliament to have control over a number of benefits including Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, winter fuel payments and the housing elements of Universal Credit, including the under-occupancy charge (popularly known as the bedroom tax).

The Scottish Parliament to have new powers to make discretionary payments in any area of welfare without the need to obtain prior permission from the Department for Work and Pensions.

The Scottish Parliament to have all powers of support for unemployed people through employment programmes, mainly delivered at present through the Work Programme.

The Scottish Parliament to have control over Air Passenger Duty charged on passengers flying from Scottish airports.

Responsibility for the management of the Crown Estate's economic assets in Scotland, including the Crown Estate's seabed and mineral and fishing rights, and the revenue generated from these assets, to be transferred to the Scottish Parliament.

The licensing of onshore oil and gas extraction underlying Scotland to be devolved to the Scottish Parliament.

The Scottish Government will have power to allow public sector operators to bid for rail franchises funded and specified by Scottish ministers.

The block grant from the UK government to Scotland will continue to be determined via the operation of the Barnett formula. New rules to define how it will be adjusted at the point when powers are transferred and thereafter to be agreed by the Scottish and UK governments and put in place prior to the powers coming into force. These rules will ensure that neither the Scottish nor UK governments will lose or gain financially from the act of transferring a power.

MPs representing constituencies across the whole of the UK to continue to decide the UK's budget, including income tax.

The Scottish and UK governments to draw up and agree on a memorandum of understanding to ensure that devolution is not detrimental to UK-wide critical national infrastructure in relation to matters such as defence and security, oil and gas and energy.

all of those are part of the 2016 scotland bill..... with the exception of the welfare bits...

but the welfare parts was agreed with the uk government and the DWP and you are getting those bits in april....

so thats why i am asking you the questions!

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

5% of SNP voters believe a Tory government would be best (even if it was propped up by the Scottish cons) and better than SNP having a say via a labour minority.

Stats are fun.

What this all suggests to me is c 5 to 10 % of voters swing (and not in a fab sense).

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I also notice that you didn't answer my direct question to you about how you would vote.

Swap all 56 SNP mps with Scottish Labour branch mps and you would still ended up with a Tory government

How would i vote ? Always SNP they hqve the best interests of Scotland at heart Tell me who do you think has Scotlands best interests at heart ?"

I wouldn't vote positively for any party that only had the best interests of Scotland, or any other single part of the UK, at heart. I'm a committed Unionist. I would however consider voting for any party, even if I didn't agree with everything it stood for, if I thought it would help stop something that I believed would be detrimental to the UK. As I believe that the two things most likely to damage the UK, in order of danger, are break up of the UK and BREXIT my vote would go firstly to any Unionist candidate most likely to defeat an SNP candidate but with regard to which of those Unionist candidates is most likely to either reverse BREXIT or support a sensible BREXIT (if such a thing actually exists). So, in order of preference, if I lived in Scotland, I would vote LibDem, Labour or Conservative.

As I don't actually live in Scotland my decision is much simpler and based soley on BREXIT and would be LibDem.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Fabio how about answering my question to you

Name a single power Labour were wanting devolved to Scotland in the Smith Commission ?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

How would i vote ? Always SNP they hqve the best interests of Scotland at heart Tell me who do you think has Scotlands best interests at heart ?

I wouldn't vote positively for any party that only had the best interests of Scotland, or any other single part of the UK, at heart. I'm a committed Unionist. I would however consider voting for any party, even if I didn't agree with everything it stood for, if I thought it would help stop something that I believed would be detrimental to the UK. As I believe that the two things most likely to damage the UK, in order of danger, are break up of the UK and BREXIT my vote would go firstly to any Unionist candidate most likely to defeat an SNP candidate but with regard to which of those Unionist candidates is most likely to either reverse BREXIT or support a sensible BREXIT (if such a thing actually exists). So, in order of preference, if I lived in Scotland, I would vote LibDem, Labour or Conservative.

As I don't actually live in Scotland my decision is much simpler and based soley on BREXIT and would be LibDem."

So rather than work with the SNP to get the Tories out of government you would happy see Labour join up and tactical vote for each other to make sure SNP didnt win ?

What was it Milliband said he would rather nit form a government than work with the SNP and others to lock the Tories out

Yup no wonder Labour are called Red Tories

And i think you will find Labour and the Tories are the ones fucking up the UK but people are too blind tol see it

There are more parties out there than Labour and Tory England are stuck in there old ways of thinking there are only two choices wrong!!!!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Fabio how about answering my question to you

Name a single power Labour were wanting devolved to Scotland in the Smith Commission ?

"

well since the vow was signed by ALL the parties on the no side of the arguement.... and it all signed into law in the 2016 scotland act... I have absolutely no idea of what point you are trying to make?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Fabio answer the question

Can you name a single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ? Its is really that hard to answer

Each party put forward what they were happy to devolve to Scotland i am asking you to name what powers was it Labour wanted to devolve ?

For example did Labour want income tax devolved in the smith commission ?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Fabio answer the question

Can you name a single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ? Its is really that hard to answer

Each party put forward what they were happy to devolve to Scotland i am asking you to name what powers was it Labour wanted to devolve ?

For example did Labour want income tax devolved in the smith commission ?

"

your last question... is actually... YES!!! bet you were not expecting that answer since you posed it to me....

Labour said:

Scotland should have the power to raise 40% of its budget, through increasing the tax-varying powers to become available through the Scotland Act, from 10p to 15p - potentially raising an extra £2bn

Three-quarters of basic rate income tax would be under the control of the Scottish Parliament, which would also have the power to raise higher rates of tax

VAT, national insurance contributions, corporation tax, capital gains tax, fuel duty, air passenger duty and inheritance tax should remain reserved to Westminster

The Barnett formula for distributing public spending around the nations of the UK should continue

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

FFS

Fabio ok lets try this list the number of powers of what Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commssion? Its as if your afriad to say lol

Here let me help you out tell the truth eh lets go through the list and i will leave it blank and all you have to do Fabio is say YES or NO beside each power of what Labour wanted to devolved mind now tell the truth

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

National insurance contributions ? -

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Lets see if you bold of to put a yes or no next to each one that Labour wanted devolved eh

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

30th June 2015, Labour voted for giving Scotland the power to create new benefits.

Voted to devolved Housing Benefit to Scotland

15 June Voted to require consent of the scottish parliament before it could be dissolved.

Voted for SP to have power over HRA

4 December voted for SP to have power to ammend EU legislation.

Etc. Etc. Etc.!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"FFS

Fabio ok lets try this list the number of powers of what Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commssion? Its as if your afriad to say lol

Here let me help you out tell the truth eh lets go through the list and i will leave it blank and all you have to do Fabio is say YES or NO beside each power of what Labour wanted to devolved mind now tell the truth

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Lets see if you bold of to put a yes or no next to each one that Labour wanted devolved eh "

see... i am really struggling to work out the point you are to push... because you mentioned the vow and the recommendations made by the smith commission, and then the recommendations that were then enacted into law into the scotland act.... so unless you point scoring for the point of who suggested what that went in the end lets look at that list of yours and see what you ACTUALLY got.....

Inheritance tax , Capital gains, National insurance contributions, Value added tax, Wealth tax, Excise duties and Aggregates levy ? NO PARTY (not even the SNP) asked for any of those.. and all of those are deal with at UK level

Business rate ? - actually these are dealt with at local council level....

air passenger duty... devolved

income tax.... devolved

corperation tax......devolved

from the ifs.....

The Holyrood government has always had control over much of public spending in Scotland. From next spring, it will have control over taxes, including most of income tax, which raises 40 per cent of the revenues required to cover devolved spending. From 2019, half of the VAT raised there will also be assigned. Half of Scottish spending will then be paid for by taxes devolved or assigned to Scotland. That is a remarkable change. Scotland will have far more control than now over its tax affairs and over the size of its budget.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

FFS Fabio read what i put

Each party put forward what they wanted to devolve to Scotland am not asking you what is or not devolved

I am asking you Fabio to tell me what Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commission

So from the powers above what did LABOUR want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ?

Your stalling

My point is Labour claim to be the party of devolution correct ?

Actually i remember Johann Lamont the Scottish Labour branch leader in March 2014 saying Scottish Labour were the party of devolution now if that were true they would be devolving all the powers above to Scotland then

Or could it be Labour are lying bastards lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

ffs... so you are trying to point score on a lot of tax powers no one wanted or asked for......

stop being childish... because i will deal with the reality of the powers that were asked for.... and what were recommended and enacted into law.....

its not a "wish" if it was on no ones "wish list".....

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Point Scoring?

I believe i challenged people on this thread to name a single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in Smith commission i have yet to hear anyone name a single power

You cant even name one can you go prove me wrong ?

There is your classic bait and switch Fabio that you love talking about

Again i am not talking about what is or not devolved am asking you to name a single power Labour wanted devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission care to answer you accuse me of not answering and baiting and switching so take your own advice and tey answering my question lol

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Point Scoring?

I believe i challenged people on this thread to name a single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in Smith commission i have yet to hear anyone name a single power

Again i am not talking about what is or not devolved am asking you to name a single power Labour wanted devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission care to answer you accuse me of not answering and baiting and switching so take your own advice and tey answering my question lol"

I gave you about 5!

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Point Scoring?

Again i am not talking about what is or not devolved am asking you to name a single power Labour wanted devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission care to answer you accuse me of not answering and baiting and switching so take your own advice and tey answering my question lol

I gave you about 5!"

No you didnt

Ok i will give you chance name all 5 then ?

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"Seems the media in Scotland love to quote FOI as now research lmao yeah i really did say that lol

So Scottish Labour branch office tell the media that 1,000 patients died waiting to leave Scottish hospitals due to delayed discharge. Now anybody with logic in their heeds would look at at that and ask why in the fuck would you discharge someone near death ?

Also side now i can tell you now on Monday 8th Jan 2018 the Scottish media will print this - more than one in ten Scottish children from familes on the financial edge the media print anythin Scottish Labour branch say as gospel without checking in the back pocket as tgey say

Question which do you think would be the best outcome in a UK election for Scotland ?

19% of Labour voters in Scotland said they would agree with that and interesting that is almost half of Labour voters in Scotland saying that lol

But more interesting 7% of Tory voters in Scotland in last years UK election said they thought some form of a Labour government would be the best possible outcome for an election in Scotland while at the same time 7% of Labour voters in Scotland said Scotland would be better off under a Tory government but still voted Labour anyway

Make of that what you will but stinks of tactical voting by unionists just to harm Scotland and get SNP out no matter how much damage it will do they dont care

"

As this thread started on tactical voting care to explain my stat that almost the same percentage of people who voted snp would expect a Tory government to do a better job(5%) as did the 7% of labour voters you quote. Do people vote for snp as a tactical vote to get labour out ?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Seems the media in Scotland love to quote FOI as now research lmao yeah i really did say that lol

As this thread started on tactical voting care to explain my stat that almost the same percentage of people who voted snp would expect a Tory government to do a better job(5%) as did the 7% of labour voters you quote. Do people vote for snp as a tactical vote to get labour out ? "

Kinky thinks 19% is nearly half according to the opening post

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Point Scoring?

I gave you about 5!

No you didnt

Ok i will give you chance name all 5 then ?"

Didn't I?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

As this thread started on tactical voting care to explain my stat that almost the same percentage of people who voted snp would expect a Tory government to do a better job(5%) as did the 7% of labour voters you quote. Do people vote for snp as a tactical vote to get labour out ?

Kinky thinks 19% is nearly half according to the opening post "

Lol wow

19% of Labour votes in Scotland

Stop baiting and switching

And tell me that 5 powers you think Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith comission ?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Lol wow

And tell me that 5 powers you think Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith comission ?"

You said "19% of Labour voters in Scotland said they would agree with that and interesting that is almost half of Labour voters in Scotland saying that lol"

How in the fuck is 19% of Labour voters in Scotland nearly 50% of Labour voters in Scotland?

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Lol wow

And tell me that 5 powers you think Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith comission ?"

going back to the original post and original premise is switching ?

(Awaits “my thread” reply)

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Nah stop the bait and switch you made a claim CLCC that you naned 5 powers Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission name them please ?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Lol wow

And tell me that 5 powers you think Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith comission ?going back to the original post and original premise is switching ?

(Awaits “my thread” reply)

"

My thread and i believe i challenged anyone to name i single power that Labour wanted devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission

Am not bailing and switching am waiting for an answer first

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Nah stop the bait and switch you made a claim CLCC that you naned 5 powers Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission name them please ?

"

Read the posts above! I gave you the dates of the votes and everything.

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

DWP work programme.

Scottish progressive rates

Housing benefit.

Enforcement of employment tribunals.

Railway powers

From a quick look at their submission.

However you start from a position that all devloution is good as axiomatic and then ask evidence others to show they work for the forces of good. Whereas others see Scotland as being stronger as part of a union and so their proposals back this up. Therefore this whole thread is going to go nowhere.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Nah stop the bait and switch you made a claim CLCC that you naned 5 powers Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission name them please ?

Read the posts above! I gave you the dates of the votes and everything. "

Bullshit you did lol

Out of these powers CLCC what did Labour want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ?

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Again i wont move on till this is answered so...

Out of all these powers which did Labour want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission stop fannying about and answer please

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Again i wont move on till this is answered so...

Out of all these powers which did Labour want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission stop fannying about and answer please

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -"

Can you not even read the posts in your own thread?

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

As I said above. What does it matter or show ?

I’m really lost on what your point is.

I’m also struggling to find out SNPs submission to the smith enquiry as the only thing I can seem to find is “all taxes unless they are shown to be for reserved purposes” which is a) opaque and b) unworkable.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Again i wont move on till this is answered so...

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Can you not even read the posts in your own thread? "

Can you ?

Yet to see you name any of the powers i have mentioned

So care you answer which power you think Labour wanted to devolve in the Smith commission

Here is the list again

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"As I said above. What does it matter or show ?

I’m also struggling to find out SNPs submission to the smith enquiry as the only thing I can seem to find is “all taxes unless they are shown to be for reserved purposes” which is a) opaque and b) unworkable.

"

The point is Labour claim to be the party of devolution

So if that is true please name a power they want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ?

You wanna move then simple someone answer it then

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Bullshit you did lol

Out of these powers CLCC what did Labour want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ?

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

"

again... let see if this goes into the brain on kinky this time...

Inheritance tax , Capital gains, National insurance contributions, Value added tax, Wealth tax, Excise duties and Aggregates levy ? NO PARTY (not even the SNP) asked for any of those.. and all of those are deal with at UK level

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Bullshit you did lol

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Inheritance tax , Capital gains, National insurance contributions, Value added tax, Wealth tax, Excise duties and Aggregates levy ? NO PARTY (not even the SNP) asked for any of those.. and all of those are deal with at UK level"

Lies the SNP asked for all those to be devolved in the Smith commission

Thats a new low having to lie like that Fabio

Now care to answer what did Labour want devolved in the Smith commisson ?

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"As I said above. What does it matter or show ?

The point is Labour claim to be the party of devolution

So if that is true please name a power they want to devolve to Scotland in the Smith commission ?

You wanna move then simple someone answer it then "

i haven’t seen this claim in this thread

I also think, based on what I have read in the last hour or so, SNPs proposals were headline grabbers without an implematational framework to support it. It assumes a given tax is earmarked for a single piece of spend.

Now while the new sources may have simplified this, I can’t find their submission. Indeed while targeting google for the snp submission I found the greens first !

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Bullshit you did lol

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Lies the SNP asked for all those to be devolved in the Smith commission

Thats a new low having to lie like that Fabio

Now care to answer what did Labour want devolved in the Smith commisson ? "

Link (or google search terms needed) to get to the submission.

And saying everything unless we can’t really isn’t saying much. So in fact they never specifically recommended these are to be devolved. It’s like asking for all of toys r us for Christmas. Unless it’s too expensive.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Actually not true i will retract that

The SNP wanted all those powers devolved and partial caveats to value added tax and excise duties

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"30th June 2015, Labour voted for giving Scotland the power to create new benefits.

Voted to devolved Housing Benefit to Scotland

15 June Voted to require consent of the scottish parliament before it could be dissolved.

Voted for SP to have power over HRA

4 December voted for SP to have power to ammend EU legislation.

Etc. Etc. Etc.!"

Plus voted for Scottish Parliament to have powers regarding rent and benefits

Voted to allow powers to be devolved regarding gender balance

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

No one with baws care to tell me what powers Labour wanted to devolve in the Smith commission ? Lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"5% of SNP voters believe a Tory government would be best (even if it was propped up by the Scottish cons) and better than SNP having a say via a labour minority.

Stats are fun.

What this all suggests to me is c 5 to 10 % of voters swing (and not in a fab sense).

"

The best stats are the OPs assertion that 19% of Scottish labour voters are “nearly half” of Scottish labour voters..... last time I checked 19% was just under 1/5th ..... nearly half?

But par for the course I think?

over a year ago

"No one with baws care to tell me what powers Labour wanted to devolve in the Smith commission ? Lol

"

Fabio has already quoted it verbatim if anyone cares to look above!.... all now fulfilled!

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

CLCC out of these powers read them what out of these powers listed did Labour want to devolve in the Smith commission ? Come on boys this is piss poor that you dont know this

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"No one with baws care to tell me what powers Labour wanted to devolve in the Smith commission ? Lol

Fabio has already quoted it verbatim if anyone cares to look above!.... all now fulfilled!"

What Fabio quoted was almost him admitting Labour didnt want a damn thing devolved to Scotland you all know it and afraid to say it

So much for Labour being the party of devolution eh

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Fabio has already quoted it verbatim if anyone cares to look above!.... all now fulfilled!

What Fabio quoted was almost him admitting Labour didnt want a damn thing devolved to Scotland you all know it and afraid to say it

So much for Labour being the party of devolution eh "

Are we allowed to move on ?

What specific reasons would the SNP have accepted as being a reason not for devolving a tax ?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

What specific reasons would the SNP have accepted as being a reason not for devolving a tax ?

"

Not till someone actually admits it

I wanna see someone actually put Labour didnt want to devolve any powers to Scotland in the Smith commission therefore when Labour claim they are the party of devolution they are telling lies

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I wanna see someone actually put Labour didnt want to devolve any powers to Scotland in the Smith commission therefore when Labour claim they are the party of devolution they are telling lies

"

Apart from the ones I have listed that they voted for!

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Apart from the ones I have listed that they voted for! "

No you didnt

Again out of these powers listed name one Labour wanted devolved ?

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

No you didnt

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -"

I'm pretty sure I did

You just seem to struggle to read anything you dislike.

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

You said this post wouldn’t go anywhere until someone conceded labour didn’t want to dissolve any powers.

This isn’t true. I’ve seen it in their submission.

So you then flip to the list which only has taxes. Because what you want is to be able to say “the snp wanted to devolve more. Ergo they are better/have Scotland’s best interest at heart.”

However devolution is more than taxes and so what with taxes comes responsibilities. Which did the SNP say were to be devolved ? Labour took a view that some things can’t be devolved. Like immigration. Defence. Etc. And set up their respknse accordingly. Agree or not, that is responsible politics.

You do realise even if SNP has their way Scotland still wouldn’t have power over all that list ?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

No you didnt

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

I'm pretty sure I did

You just seem to struggle to read anything you dislike. "

Ok out of which of these did you name ?

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Still waiting

Out of these again THESE powers listed

Name what Labour wanted devolved in the Smith Commission ?

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Its ok to tell the truth and say the answer is none just waiting to see who is gonna be the first to actually said it

Its like your all afraid to admit it out of shame that Labour screwd Scotland over

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

*crosses fingers*

None.

Happy ?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Still waiting

Out of these again THESE powers listed

Name what Labour wanted devolved in the Smith Commission ?

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

Its ok to tell the truth and say the answer is none just waiting to see who is gonna be the first to actually said it

Its like your all afraid to admit it out of shame that Labour screwd Scotland over "

Are they the only recommendations of the commission?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

I will even help you out then copy me by telling me what Labour wanted devolved ok

So out of the powers listed the SNP wanted these devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

National insurance contributions ? - YES

Air passenger duty ? - YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Value added tax ? - PARTIAL CAVEATS

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? - YES

Excise duties ? - PARTIAL CAVEATS

Aggregates levy ? -YES

How bloody hard is that to do now do the same and now tell me what Labour wanted devolved

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"I will even help you out then copy me by telling me what Labour wanted devolved ok

So out of the powers listed the SNP wanted these devolved to Scotland in the Smith commission

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? - YES

Aggregates levy ? -YES

How bloody hard is that to do now do the same and now tell me what Labour wanted devolved "

source ?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

So how is 19% nearly 50%?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"I will even help you out then copy me by telling me what Labour wanted devolved ok

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? - YES

Aggregates levy ? -YES

How bloody hard is that to do now do the same and now tell me what Labour wanted devolved source ?"

Source ? Check the smith commission and what each party wanted devolved

Am not here to do your homework educate yourself and learn these things yourself i didnt it

Thats why i think so many on here seem shit scared to admit Labour didnt want anything devolved in the Smith commission because if i was wrong then you would be quick off the mark to say Labour wanted this and that devolved its a telling sign when its checkmate

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"So how is 19% nearly 50%? "

Excuse you really asking me a question stop with the bait and switch CLCC

We are not moving on till you can name a power from the list i gave you that Labour wanted to devolve if your getting bored then answer it and we shall move on

So here is the list again

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? - YES

Aggregates levy ? -YES

How bloody hard is that to do now do the same and now tell me what Labour wanted devolved source ?

Source ? Check the smith commission and what each party wanted devolved

Am not here to do your homework educate yourself and learn these things yourself i didnt it

Thats why i think so many on here seem shit scared to admit Labour didnt want anything devolved in the Smith commission because if i was wrong then you would be quick off the mark to say Labour wanted this and that devolved its a telling sign when its checkmate "

Well, apart from the things I have listed multiple times, right?

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Maybe it’s my phone but the commission has been archieved and I can only see the first page. I have tried.

I also expecting to see a copy on the snp website. But no luck.

The same way I went to look at the wings blog for the poll to ask you my original question on the original topic.

You see I try and do my homework and get the facts from the original source. I never take a forumers word as fact. Some are a bit biased you know ...

Bed time. I will see if the report downloads at work.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Maybe it’s my phone but the commission has been archieved and I can only see the first page. I have tried.

I also expecting to see a copy on the snp website. But no luck.

The same way I went to look at the wings blog for the poll to ask you my original question on the original topic.

You see I try and do my homework and get the facts from the original source. I never take a forumers word as fact. Some are a bit biased you know ...

Bed time. I will see if the report downloads at work. "

Ok well goodnight and have a great day tomorrow and watch out for the ice its slippy tonight

over a year ago

All agreed...all devolved as far as possible (since VAT is partly an EU thing etc)

OP has had question fully answered.

Now back to the very first post made by the OP.

How is 19% nearly half?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"All agreed...all devolved as far as possible (since VAT is partly an EU thing etc)

OP has had question fully answered.

Now back to the very first post made by the OP.

How is 19% nearly half?"

No no lets not

I challenged people name a single power Labour wanted devolved in the Smith commission fo far no one is bold enough to say what powers Labour wanted devolved

I aint letting this go i can see what your all doing feart to say Labour didnt offer a damn thing of these powers to be devolved once one of you admit that then we shall move on ok lol

So here is the list of powers

Income tax ? -

Inheritance tax ? -

Capital gains ?-

Air passenger duty ? -

Corporation tax ? -

Value added tax ? -

Wealth tax? -

Business rate ? -

Excise duties ? -

Aggregates levy ? -

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Kinky's threads are always a bag of laughs! Always at kinky's expense!

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Kinky's threads are always a bag of laughs! Always at kinky's expense! "

Yeah its a good laugh watching you lot accuse me of not answering questions and bait and switch when you do that very thing you accuse me of

So any forward yet ?

Which of these powers did Labour want devolved in the Smith Commission ? I named what SNP wanted devolved why wont you do the same ?

Income tax ?

Inheritance tax ?

Capital gains ?

National insurance contributions ?

Air passenger duty ?

Corporation tax ?

Value added tax ?

Wealth tax?

Business rate ?

Excise duties ?

Aggregates levy ?

Its very simple name which one of these powers Labour wanted devolved in the smith commission then we shall move on failure to do so then i wont move on

Its time you started telling the truth but then againsts unionists are not ashamed to lie of covers up facts

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Kinky's threads are always a bag of laughs! Always at kinky's expense!

Yeah its a good laugh watching you lot accuse me of not answering questions and bait and switch when you do that very thing you accuse me of

So any forward yet ?

Which of these powers did Labour want devolved in the Smith Commission ? I named what SNP wanted devolved why wont you do the same ?

Income tax ?

Inheritance tax ?

Capital gains ?

Air passenger duty ?

Corporation tax ?

Value added tax ?

Wealth tax?

Business rate ?

Excise duties ?

Aggregates levy ?

Its very simple name which one of these powers Labour wanted devolved in the smith commission then we shall move on failure to do so then i wont move on

Its time you started telling the truth but then againsts unionists are not ashamed to lie of covers up facts "

We have already told you want they voted for over and over again. You are just a broken record, like that time you made 3 threads of 175 posts refusing to admit that 13 RN ships are being built on the Clyde.

Your posts don't even make sense. "which one of these powers Labour wanted devolved in the smith commission" no parties devolved any powers in the Smith commission. They didn't devolve powers IN the commission, or TO the commission or anything even vaguely similar. You are just writing nonsense. Just like your opening post nonsense about freedom of information act, and 19% being nearly 50%. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Come back to me when you feel like answering

Infact i will answer it again here is what the SNP wanted devolved in the Smith commission

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? -YES

Aggregates levy ? YES

Now follow my lead and do the same and tell me what did Labour want devolved is it really that hard ? Lol

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Come back to me when you feel like answering

Infact i will answer it again here is what the SNP wanted devolved in the Smith commission

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? -YES

Aggregates levy ? YES

Now follow my lead and do the same and tell me what did Labour want devolved is it really that hard ? Lol

"

You still don't get it do you? No, the SNP didn't want anything "devolved in the Smith commission" nor did any other party. Nothing was "devolved in the Smith commission" you don't even know what you are talking about.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? -YES

Aggregates levy ? YES

You still don't get it do you? No, the SNP didn't want anything "devolved in the Smith commission" nor did any other party. Nothing was "devolved in the Smith commission" you don't even know what you are talking about. "

Wow you really are piss poor at this lol

So you now trying to claim that SNP , Greens , Labour , Tory and Lib Dem never said what they wanted devolved in the Smith Comission ?

Ok dont say you were not warned oh look whats this link ? Wait a minute could it be surely not lol yes it is its a link to the BBC you know that piece of shite broadcaster that unionists swears down dead tells the gospel tryth and nothibg but the truth

Here is the link that the BBC are telling you what 5 of them think should be devolved in the smith commission

Go on CLCC now try and deny that eh rhis is what hapoens when you dont tell the truth you get caught out lying and misleading people hehehehe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29570658

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/01/18 00:57:58]

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? -YES

Aggregates levy ? YES

You still don't get it do you? No, the SNP didn't want anything "devolved in the Smith commission" nor did any other party. Nothing was "devolved in the Smith commission" you don't even know what you are talking about.

So you now trying to claim that SNP , Greens , Labour , Tory and Lib Dem never said what they wanted devolved in the Smith Comission ?

Ok dont say you were not warned oh look whats this link ? Wait a minute could it be surely not lol yes it is its a link to the BBC you know that piece of shite broadcaster that unionists swears down dead tells the gospel tryth and nothibg but the truth

Here is the link that the BBC are telling you what 5 of them think should be devolved in the smith commission

Go on CLCC now try and deny that eh rhis is what hapoens when you dont tell the truth you get caught out lying and misleading people hehehehe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29570658"

Try reading it, nothing devolved IN the Smith commission. That's why your question makes no sense. Are you trying to say that the SNP wanted inheritance tax devolved IN to the Smith commission and then the Smith commission would have power over inheritance tax?????? That's what you have written, is that truely what you mean?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

You try reading it

Hint for you the Scottish government is the SNP lol

So when it says in that BBC report the Scottish government wanted income tax , national insurance , corporation tax , capital gains , fuel duty , APD, inheritance tax all devolved

Now which did Labour want devolved out of all of them ?

You were caught out lying lol there is the prove that all 5 said what what they thibk should be devolved unless your about to call the BBC liars ? Lol

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"You try reading it

Hint for you the Scottish government is the SNP lol

So when it says in that BBC report the Scottish government wanted income tax , national insurance , corporation tax , capital gains , fuel duty , APD, inheritance tax all devolved

Now which did Labour want devolved out of all of them ?

You were caught out lying lol there is the prove that all 5 said what what they thibk should be devolved unless your about to call the BBC liars ? Lol "

You said that want it devolved in the commission. So that either means you think the commission has/had the power to devolve it (which it doesn't), or that you want the power devolved IN to it, so the commission has that power (impossible) so which ever way you cut it, you're wrong, and your question makes NO SENSE!

I think what you are trying to say, is what did the parties want the Smith commission to recommend be devolved to the Scottish Parliament. Right?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Something else to point out again since unionists swear down dead that the BBC tell the gospel truth and never lie

Read the bit in that link where it says the Scottish government want the borrowing powers to be devolved so there is the BBC put that for everyone to see that the borrowing powers is not devolved to Scotland you would think the BBC would want to hide that

So will unionists wrap that shite about Scotland having the borrowing powers

When infact the UK government have power over borrowing powers and look how shite they are diing borrowing more and more and more and adding to the UK debt

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Also before i head to bed for some fun and sleep i will leave something funny

It would appear Scotland in the union is facing new scruity

Scotland in Union face an Electoral Commission investigation into possible failure to declare donations, we can reveal today that the anti-independence campaign group took a £15,000 handout from a foreign billionaire with close ties to the royal family

Tut tut still think this group are angels ? Lol

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Yet you accuse others of bait and switch?

It's no wonder no one else wants to comment on your threads kinky. I bet they used to write on your school reports "doesn't play well with others"

I'm out. See ya.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Yet you accuse others of bait and switch?

It's no wonder no one else wants to comment on your threads kinky. I bet they used to write on your school reports "doesn't play well with others"

I'm out. See ya."

My thread i can put what i like you dont like make your own up lol

I just like keeping people updated to what your not getting told from the media

I bet you had no clue about Scotland in the union before i mentioned them ? Is it not important to know if a group is trying to screw people over ?

over a year ago

What's important is not to hinge a political point over a cultural misunderstanding of the use of a two letter word.

over a year ago

"A fanatic can't change his mind and won't change the subject"
Winston Churchill.

over a year ago

'Why not?'

Winston Churchill.

Actually, that first quote although applicable to those on both sides of the 'debate', was rather a good description of his own debating style.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

As I don't actually live in Scotland my decision is much simpler and based soley on BREXIT and would be LibDem.

So rather than work with the SNP to get the Tories out of government you would happy see Labour join up and tactical vote for each other to make sure SNP didnt win ?

What was it Milliband said he would rather nit form a government than work with the SNP and others to lock the Tories out

Yup no wonder Labour are called Red Tories

And i think you will find Labour and the Tories are the ones fucking up the UK but people are too blind tol see it

There are more parties out there than Labour and Tory England are stuck in there old ways of thinking there are only two choices wrong!!!!!"

I would never have voted SNP to keep the Tories out, in fact, prior to 2015, I would only of voted SNP to keep Labour out. However things change and currently I see SNP's moves to destroy the UK and the Tory's move to UKIP light as the biggest dangers to this country, with the SNP being the bigger danger. Not everyone in the UK or Scotland, even with BREXIT, thinks that the most important thing is to stop the Tories, quite a few, in England, will vote tactically to stop Labour and, in Scotland, to stop either Labour or the SNP.

over a year ago

Whatever happened to voting for the MP that you thought was likely to do the best job?

Incidentally, I don't think any politician goes into Politics with the sole purpose of fucking over a region, country or whatever. Surely they want to make a difference and represent the electorate in their constituency?

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Whatever happened to voting for the MP that you thought was likely to do the best job?

Incidentally, I don't think any politician goes into Politics with the sole purpose of fucking over a region, country or whatever. Surely they want to make a difference and represent the electorate in their constituency?

"

I agree. I don't think many, if any, politician goes into politics because they want to fuck over any region, the country or anything else. I assume, unless strong evidence to the contra can be shown, that politicians from all parties are acting in what they believe to be the best interests of their constituents and the country. However, whilst believing that most, possibly even all, act in what they believe to be the best interests of their constituents and the country, I don't always agree with them on what those best interests are. That is why, whilst I will argue against those politicians, their parties and their policies, you'll seldom see me actually questioning the integrity of any.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Ah right so i suppose the Tories are cutting welfare for the best interests for the while of the UK eh ?

Is that not screwing over people not fit work

We all know the Tories put party first

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Seems we have really pissed off unionists on social media

That SNP Mps follow Wings over Scotland like its some sort of crime now to follow anyone on twitter

So if its in the public interest to know who mps follow on twitter then its in the public interest to know who and what size of donations are going into Scotland in the union

Also i wonder if these ultra unionists think know what SNP follows wings is more important than mps in parilament watching porn lol

Unionists always good for a laugh lol

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Kinky's threads are always a bag of laughs! Always at kinky's expense!

So any forward yet ?

Income tax ?

Inheritance tax ?

Capital gains ?

Air passenger duty ?

Corporation tax ?

Value added tax ?

Wealth tax?

Business rate ?

Excise duties ?

Aggregates levy ?

Its time you started telling the truth but then againsts unionists are not ashamed to lie of covers up facts "

Thanks for the link to the BBC story. It's made answering your question a lot more easy and saved me having to wade through the whole of the Labour Party's submission to the Smith Commission.

In answer to your question:-

Income tax ? YES, with caveats

Inheritance tax ? No

Capital gains ? No

National insurance contributions ? No

Air passenger duty ? No

Corporation tax ? No

Value added tax ? No

Wealth tax? N/A, no such tax currently exists

Business rate ? N/A, the rate of this tax is already devolved to local councils

Excise duties ? N/A, the article does not mention this tax

Aggregates levy ? N/A, the article does not mention this tax

I've based my answers on the BBC article you posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29570658

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

So the Labour party the oarty of devolution is aload of shite

And the Labour party the party of Home Rule aload of shite

Remember Keir Hardie ? What he wanted for Scotland 100+ years and Scotland still waiting On Home Rule

Anyone still wondering why Labour are not to be trusted in Scotland

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Ah right so i suppose the Tories are cutting welfare for the best interests for the while of the UK eh ?

We all know the Tories put party first "

If you want to believe that Tory policy on welfare reform is there because they have some demonic desire to screw people over and make their lives worse that's your choice; I'm sure a lot of other people on this site will agree with you. Whilst not always agreeing with the specific policies, I personally believe that their motivation is for the reasons they say, which is to encourage people off benefits and into work. I also find it's far better to argue with people on the specific policies and the outcomes of those policies rather trying to tell them what their motivations actually are as I'm sure they know better than I what actually motivates them.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Ah right so i suppose the Tories are cutting welfare for the best interests for the while of the UK eh ?

If you want to believe that Tory policy on welfare reform is there because they have some demonic desire to screw people over and make their lives worse that's your choice; I'm sure a lot of other people on this site will agree with you. Whilst not always agreeing with the specific policies, I personally believe that their motivation is for the reasons they say, which is to encourage people off benefits and into work. I also find it's far better to argue with people on the specific policies and the outcomes of those policies rather trying to tell them what their motivations actually are as I'm sure they know better than I what actually motivates them. "

Out of interest the Tory welfare cuts in your opinion how is that helping people that are not fit to work and on ESA or PIP losing there money and getting told no your fit to work ?

There have been plenty of cases where people have cancer that are dying being told their fit to work so how the Tory welfare cuts helping them ?

Plus i dont believe your that blind not to see when they get someone off benefits they dont give a damn if your not fit to work its all about making their record for getting people into work look good thats it

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"So the Labour party the oarty of devolution is aload of shite

Remember Keir Hardie ? What he wanted for Scotland 100+ years and Scotland still waiting On Home Rule

"

I'm not going to spend any more time than this post defending The Labour Party. It may have escaped your notice but I'm not a natural Labour Party supporter.

The fact that the Labour Party is not willing to devolve to Scotland all the powers that you want does not mean its not in favour of devolution or even more devolution. Labour says it's the party of devolution, not independence. If all those powers that you listed were devolved to the Scotland then Scotland would be, in all but name, independent not devolved. I understand that (as a strong SNP supporter) that independence is what you want but it's not the policy of the Labour Party and so why should they agree to giving powers that, in all but name, would actually deliver that result?

I answered your question because you said if your question was answered you'd move on and answer the questions other people on here have asked you to answer. Don't you think you should stick to your word now do that?

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

If you want to believe that Tory policy on welfare reform is there because they have some demonic desire to screw people over and make their lives worse that's your choice; I'm sure a lot of other people on this site will agree with you. Whilst not always agreeing with the specific policies, I personally believe that their motivation is for the reasons they say, which is to encourage people off benefits and into work. I also find it's far better to argue with people on the specific policies and the outcomes of those policies rather trying to tell them what their motivations actually are as I'm sure they know better than I what actually motivates them.

Out of interest the Tory welfare cuts in your opinion how is that helping people that are not fit to work and on ESA or PIP losing there money and getting told no your fit to work ?

There have been plenty of cases where people have cancer that are dying being told their fit to work so how the Tory welfare cuts helping them ?

Plus i dont believe your that blind not to see when they get someone off benefits they dont give a damn if your not fit to work its all about making their record for getting people into work look good thats it

"

I'm not interested in defending Tory cuts at this time. However I stand by my statement that they know their motivations for their actions better than you or I and that trying to tell them what their motivation actually is, when they already know, is simply a waist of time.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

I'm not going to spend any more time than this post defending The Labour Party. It may have escaped your notice but I'm not a natural Labour Party supporter.

The fact that the Labour Party is not willing to devolve to Scotland all the powers that you want does not mean its not in favour of devolution or even more devolution. Labour says it's the party of devolution, not independence. If all those powers that you listed were devolved to the Scotland then Scotland would be, in all but name, independent not devolved. I understand that (as a strong SNP supporter) that independence is what you want but it's not the policy of the Labour Party and so why should they agree to giving powers that, in all but name, would actually deliver that result?

I answered your question because you said if your question was answered you'd move on and answer the questions other people on here have asked you to answer. Don't you think you should stick to your word now do that?"

Again out of interest what do you believe Home Rule for Scotland means ?

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I answered your question because you said if your question was answered you'd move on and answer the questions other people on here have asked you to answer. Don't you think you should stick to your word now do that?

Again out of interest what do you believe Home Rule for Scotland means ? "

Home Rule, whether for Scotland or anywhere else, means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean. That can be anything from less power than the Welsh Assembly currently has to full internal self-government (independence in all but name). So I can't really say what it actually means because it depends who said it and it what context it was said. Maybe you could tell use what you think it means or what you thought it meant.

over a year ago

We all know the Tories put party first "

To address your point...

The Country is skint. Welfare is there to support the most needy. There is only so much money to go around and unfortunately money has to be cut somewhere.

Bringing the axe down will hurt someone along the line. However, you are blinkered or brainwashed to think that the Tories or Labour for that matter want to punish people for being disadvantaged.

There are people who genuinely cannot work. There are also people who "cannot work" but manage to get from the bookies to the pub to spend their dole money.

I grew up on a council estate rife with crime and drugs. I worked fucking hard to get myself out of there, get qualifications and make a life for myself.

My brother walks a different path. He lives on the scrounge, claims all manner of things due to being unable to work. I subsidise his lifestyle through my taxes.

He could work. It would be meaningful work. If his bebefits were cut, he would have no choice but to take any job to actually contribute to society, rather than taking.

Blaming the Westminster Government achieves nothing. Demonising the Tories and/or Labour when the SNP are hell bent on their agenda of devolution and EU integration speaks volumes.

Sorry. Complete tangent. However it frustrates me when people say "I'm never voting Tory because of Thatcher, mine closure, because my Dad is a labour supporter" etc.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Home Rule, whether for Scotland or anywhere else, means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean. That can be anything from less power than the Welsh Assembly currently has to full internal self-government (independence in all but name). So I can't really say what it actually means because it depends who said it and it what context it was said. Maybe you could tell use what you think it means or what you thought it meant."

Cop out answer

In your opinion what do you think Home Rule for Scotland is ?

You said if all those powers were devolved it would be independence in all but name

So like i asked in your opinion what do you think Home Rule for Scotland is ? Everyone has an opinion

Home Rule in my opinion is the right to self govern so with those powers i listed are not devolved then thats not really home rule is it ?

Fabio loves going on about welfare powers Scotland is getting but fails to tell people the welfare powers the Scottish government will not have full control over the welfare powers that dont sound like Home Rule

The Fluffy Mundell saying Scotland will have the most powerful parilament in the world yeah right pull the other one lol

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

To address your point...

The Country is skint. Welfare is there to support the most needy. There is only so much money to go around and unfortunately money has to be cut somewhere.

Bringing the axe down will hurt someone along the line. However, you are blinkered or brainwashed to think that the Tories or Labour for that matter want to punish people for being disadvantaged.

There are people who genuinely cannot work. There are also people who "cannot work" but manage to get from the bookies to the pub to spend their dole money.

I grew up on a council estate rife with crime and drugs. I worked fucking hard to get myself out of there, get qualifications and make a life for myself.

My brother walks a different path. He lives on the scrounge, claims all manner of things due to being unable to work. I subsidise his lifestyle through my taxes.

He could work. It would be meaningful work. If his bebefits were cut, he would have no choice but to take any job to actually contribute to society, rather than taking.

Blaming the Westminster Government achieves nothing. Demonising the Tories and/or Labour when the SNP are hell bent on their agenda of devolution and EU integration speaks volumes.

Sorry. Complete tangent. However it frustrates me when people say "I'm never voting Tory because of Thatcher, mine closure, because my Dad is a labour supporter" etc.

"

Ah right so go after the people not fit to work but hey oh lets give the wealthy rich elite safe places to avoid paying tax by putting it into offshore accounts why not go after them ?

The Tories put the party and the rich elite first and screw over the poor and you know it

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Home Rule, whether for Scotland or anywhere else, means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean. That can be anything from less power than the Welsh Assembly currently has to full internal self-government (independence in all but name). So I can't really say what it actually means because it depends who said it and it what context it was said. Maybe you could tell use what you think it means or what you thought it meant.

Cop out answer

You said if all those powers were devolved it would be independence in all but name

So like i asked in your opinion what do you think Home Rule for Scotland is ? Everyone has an opinion

Home Rule in my opinion is the right to self govern so with those powers i listed are not devolved then thats not really home rule is it ?

Fabio loves going on about welfare powers Scotland is getting but fails to tell people the welfare powers the Scottish government will not have full control over the welfare powers that dont sound like Home Rule

The Fluffy Mundell saying Scotland will have the most powerful parilament in the world yeah right pull the other one lol"

I see you're miss quoting Mundell again. He actually said "Scotland will have one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world".

I stand by my definition that 'Home Rule' means what ever the person saying it wants it to mean.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

To address your point...

Ah right so go after the people not fit to work but hey oh lets give the wealthy rich elite safe places to avoid paying tax by putting it into offshore accounts why not go after them ?

The Tories put the party and the rich elite first and screw over the poor and you know it "

Why do constantly think you know what another person knows better than they do themselves? He's clearly said, based on what he knows, what he thinks. Whether you agree with him or not what makes you think you know what he knows better then him?

One day you may realise that not everyone sees the world as you do, nut I won't hold my breath waiting.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Cop out answer

The Fluffy Mundell saying Scotland will have the most powerful parilament in the world yeah right pull the other one lol

I see you're miss quoting Mundell again. He actually said "Scotland will have one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world".

I stand by my definition that 'Home Rule' means what ever the person saying it wants it to mean. "

And in your opinion what do you think Home Rule means ? Yet to hear your opinion on what it means

So in your opinion do you believe Scotland has the most a powerful devolved parilament ? Remember now of all those powers that are not devolved that i listed on here if it really was a powerful devolved parilament surely we would have all those powers devolved and the power to hold a binding referendum oh wait all those powers lies with Westminster

Some powerful devolved parilament if i didnt know any better unionists are shit scared to give real devolved power to Scotland incase it shows Westminster up and that Scotland can go it alone

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Oh and Westminster is really an English parilament in all but name shall we have a look lol

The so called UK parilament has 650 seats

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

10 represent NI as Sinn Finn dont send MPs

Scotland will always be outvoted on Scottish matters in Westminster

Where as EVEL made sure in a UK parilament yes a UK parilament to ban Scottish MPs from voting in things that may effect Scotland

Say like the cuts the the English NHS it the effects Scottish NHS with cuts

There right there is why the UK is not an equal partnership or family of nations when English Mps think they can dictate what Scotland gets in a set budget to work with abd what powers should or should not be devolved to Scotland

Like i said if i didnt know any better sounds like unionists are shit scared to give Scotland real devolved power

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Cop out answer

I stand by my definition that 'Home Rule' means what ever the person saying it wants it to mean.

And in your opinion what do you think Home Rule means ? Yet to hear your opinion on what it means

"

I've answered this twice now and I'll answer it one more time again.

Home Rule means what ever the person saying it wants it to mean.

If you don't like that answer that tough because it's the only answer you're going to get to that question from me.

"

So in your opinion do you believe Scotland has the most a powerful devolved parilament ? Remember now of all those powers that are not devolved that i listed on here if it really was a powerful devolved parilament surely we would have all those powers devolved and the power to hold a binding referendum oh wait all those powers lies with Westminster

"

You never asked me whether I believed Scotland has the most powerful devolved parliament and, on this thread, I've not expressed any opinion on that. What I have done is corrected your miss quote of Mundell

"

Some powerful devolved parilament if i didnt know any better unionists are shit scared to give real devolved power to Scotland incase it shows Westminster up and that Scotland can go it alone "

TBH I don't really care whether you think Unionists are shit scared or not, or even if Unionists are shit cared or not because it's relevant to the argument. Scotland does have a devolved parliament and that parliament has real powers. The fact that you think it should have more powers, and I might agree in some areas, doesn't mean that the current parliament is not a devolved parliament.

Just out of interest, since you said you would answer other peoples question if someone answered your question on devolved tax powers, and I have answered that question, are you going to keep to your word and actually answer any of those peoples questions or not?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Cop out answer

If you don't like that answer that tough because it's the only answer you're going to get to that question from me.

You never asked me whether I believed Scotland has the most powerful devolved parliament and, on this thread, I've not expressed any opinion on that. What I have done is corrected your miss quote of Mundell

Some powerful devolved parilament if i didnt know any better unionists are shit scared to give real devolved power to Scotland incase it shows Westminster up and that Scotland can go it alone

TBH I don't really care whether you think Unionists are shit scared or not, or even if Unionists are shit cared or not because it's relevant to the argument. Scotland does have a devolved parliament and that parliament has real powers. The fact that you think it should have more powers, and I might agree in some areas, doesn't mean that the current parliament is not a devolved parliament.

Just out of interest, since you said you would answer other peoples question if someone answered your question on devolved tax powers, and I have answered that question, are you going to keep to your word and actually answer any of those peoples questions or not?"

Cop out answer

In your opinion you must have an opinion on what you think Home Rule means ?

Here i will help you in my opinion Home Rule is the right to self govern

So what do you think Home Rule means ?

Saying uts whatever a person wants it to mean is a cop out

You have some baws eh you wont answer me on what you think Home Rule means

Then you go and ask me a question lol

If you answer mine then i shall answer yours ok

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Oh and Westminster is really an English parilament in all but name shall we have a look lol

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

Where as EVEL made sure in a UK parilament yes a UK parilament to ban Scottish MPs from voting in things that may effect Scotland

There right there is why the UK is not an equal partnership or family of nations when English Mps think they can dictate what Scotland gets in a set budget to work with abd what powers should or should not be devolved to Scotland

Like i said if i didnt know any better sounds like unionists are shit scared to give Scotland real devolved power

"

The old switch and bate tactic. "I'm not doing so well on my initial argument so I'll bring up another topic to deflect attention away"

Unfortunately, on this one, you've got it wrong. All UK MPs, including Scottish MPs, get to vote on UK financial matters including the amount of budget set aside for the NHS. Scottish MP no longer get to vote on how the NHS is actually organised in England because that is a devolved issue. If Scottish MPs want to vote on how the NHS is organised in England then they can ask the Scottish Parliament to a yield back to Westminster the devolved powers to organise the NHS in Scotland and return the organisation of the whole of the NHS in the UK to Westminster. Is that what you want?

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Cop out answer

Just out of interest, since you said you would answer other peoples question if someone answered your question on devolved tax powers, and I have answered that question, are you going to keep to your word and actually answer any of those peoples questions or not?

Cop out answer

If you answer mine then i shall answer yours ok "

I have answered your question on Home Rule three times, I'm not going to change my answer just because it's not the answer you want to hear. It's my answer, it answers your question completely and succinctly and It's the only answer I'm going to give to that question.

You can call it a cop-out if you want but everyone else knows you're just looking for an excuse not to answer the questions you promised to answer if your question on tax powers was answered. I don't know if you're just too scared to answer then, simply don't know the answers to them or know the answers won't help your cause. Why don't you try showing a little integrity by doing what you promised to do and answer them?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Oh and Westminster is really an English parilament in all but name shall we have a look lol

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

The old switch and bate tactic. "I'm not doing so well on my initial argument so I'll bring up another topic to deflect attention away"

Unfortunately, on this one, you've got it wrong. All UK MPs, including Scottish MPs, get to vote on UK financial matters including the amount of budget set aside for the NHS. Scottish MP no longer get to vote on how the NHS is actually organised in England because that is a devolved issue. If Scottish MPs want to vote on how the NHS is organised in England then they can ask the Scottish Parliament to a yield back to Westminster the devolved powers to organise the NHS in Scotland and return the organisation of the whole of the NHS in the UK to Westminster. Is that what you want? "

Wow how can it be bait and switch its my thread i can post what i like unless you think i should be gagged on what i say now ?

Your more than welcome to start your own thread and put what you wanna say on it lol

Wrong if the English NHS has cuts it then effects the Scottish NHS with cuts money is not devolved Scotland

Yes the Scottish NHS is devolved and has the best record in the UK and Nuffield trust think the English NHS could learn from the Scottish NHS

So yes the Scotland are incontrol of where the money gets spent in the NHS in Scotland what Scotland has no control over Is what budget we get and if the Tories are cutting the English NHS then yes it then effects Scotlands NHS with cuts

I bet alot of people in England wish the SNP could be in charge of the NHS for the whole of the UK since the Scottish NHS is the best in the UK

I really hope the NHS in the rest of the UK improves but with the Tories and Labour in charge of England and Wales i very much doubt it

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Cop out answer

Cop out answer

I have answered your question on Home Rule three times, I'm not going to change my answer just because it's not the answer you want to hear. It's my answer, it answers your question completely and succinctly and It's the only answer I'm going to give to that question.

You can call it a cop-out if you want but everyone else knows you're just looking for an excuse not to answer the questions you promised to answer if your question on tax powers was answered. I don't know if you're just too scared to answer then, simply don't know the answers to them or know the answers won't help your cause. Why don't you try showing a little integrity by doing what you promised to do and answer them? "

Me scared nope just happy to point out that this shit is piss poor how unionists believe i have to answer them all the time but when i ask them questions its either answering with a question or failure to answer my question like say on Home Rule lol

So once we start playing fairly then we shall move on

Its as if unionists are shit scared to admit something incase it looks bad on their wee UK union lol

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Cop out answer

Cop out answer

You can call it a cop-out if you want but everyone else knows you're just looking for an excuse not to answer the questions you promised to answer if your question on tax powers was answered. I don't know if you're just too scared to answer then, simply don't know the answers to them or know the answers won't help your cause. Why don't you try showing a little integrity by doing what you promised to do and answer them?

Me scared nope just happy to point out that this shit is piss poor how unionists believe i have to answer them all the time but when i ask them questions its either answering with a question or failure to answer my question like say on Home Rule lol

So once we start playing fairly then we shall move on

Its as if unionists are shit scared to admit something incase it looks bad on their wee UK union lol "

You seem to have a problem understanding that, just because a person doesn't give the answer you want to hear, it doesn't mean they haven't answered your question. I answered your question on Tax Powers, I answered your question on Home Rule (All be it not the answer you wanted to hear). So far you've answered no questions al all, not even a co-out or unsatisfactory answer, just a total refusal to answer any questions at all.

If you just want to pontificate on your own thread then your free to do so but, if you genuinely want to discuss the issues and maybe persuade people to your cause, you've really got to start answering some of the questions people are asking you and stop being so mendacious and evasive.

You promised to answer peoples questions if someone answered your question on Tax Powers. I've answered that question. Now try sticking to your word and answering the questions other people have asked you.

over a year ago

"

which vote was that?

the only part i can see is voting for 16-17 yr olds in scottish elections... which may supprise you becaue i think all 16-17 yr olds should have the right to all in all uk elections

Wow you really asked me a question without answering my question to you

Try and answer this name one single power Labour wanted to devolve to Scotland in the Smith Commission ? Them we will talk "

Once again you show your ignorance.

The Smith Commission was an all party negotiation.

The snp did not sit and and ask for powers it was agreed by all party's equally.

One thing you don't mention is when swinny was asked if he wanted power over pensions he bolted out the door as he knew how expensive and difficult for Scotland to manage especially with such an ageing population !!!

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Btw if you use unionist logic say some like Scott Arthur Scottish Labour branch councilor who believes he is NOT a unionist but believes that the UK shiuld stay together and not break up

Yeah i can hear you all laughing at that lol thats what you have defending the UK hehehe

Oh wait i forgot thats bait and switch on my own thread lol nothing like being gagged what you can and cant say own your own thread shock horror lol

over a year ago

Income tax ? - YES

Inheritance tax ? - YES

Capital gains ?- YES

Corporation tax ? - YES

Wealth tax? - YES

Business rate ? -YES

Aggregates levy ? YES

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29570658"

If you dare put out anything the snats don't agree with you are the enemy !!!!

They even matched on the BBC demanding more tartan or some such pish !!!!

over a year ago

Just to let everyone know.

Under the snp education policy 19 % is the new 50 %

over a year ago

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

"

If you care to work it out, which you wont....

England - 590 MP's representing 53,010,000 people or 99,455 people per MP.

Scotland - 59 MP's representing 5,295,000 people or 89,745 people per MP.

Wales - 40 MP's representing 3,063,000 people or 76,575 people per MP.

NI - 18 MP's representing 1,811,000 people or 100,611 people per MP.

So actually NI is hard done to with more people per MP than everyone else.

However everywhere bar England does well out of the Barnett Formula.

Scotland can't punch above it's weight in Wesminster because of the clear disparity in population.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

Scotland can't punch above it's weight in Wesminster because of the clear disparity in population."

Ah right so what your saying its on population now lol

Again 533 English seats

59 Scottish seats

40 Welsh seats

10 NI seats

And people think this really is a UK parilament nope ita an English parilament in all but name

Ah the old Scottish people are subsidy junkies well if that were true with a UK government ie Tories hell bent on cutting alot things why then keep Scotland if Scottish people leech of England ?

Surely people that believe Scotland get an amazing deal out of the Barnett formula then would be saying no no let Scotland go and we can save all this money that we give iut to Scotland

Caught out Westminster knows it needs Scotlands money

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

https://youtu.be/mVy7faNKEtM

over a year ago

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

Scotland can't punch above it's weight in Wesminster because of the clear disparity in population.

Again 533 English seats

59 Scottish seats

40 Welsh seats

10 NI seats

And people think this really is a UK parilament nope ita an English parilament in all but name

Ah the old Scottish people are subsidy junkies well if that were true with a UK government ie Tories hell bent on cutting alot things why then keep Scotland if Scottish people leech of England ?

Surely people that believe Scotland get an amazing deal out of the Barnett formula then would be saying no no let Scotland go and we can save all this money that we give iut to Scotland

Caught out Westminster knows it needs Scotlands money "

Are you saying the Scotland needs a bigger representation in Scotland?

My point is that your representation in Westminster is proportional.

over a year ago

And how much money does Scotland send south?

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

Again 533 English seats

59 Scottish seats

40 Welsh seats

10 NI seats

Caught out Westminster knows it needs Scotlands money

Are you saying the Scotland needs a bigger representation in Scotland?

My point is that your representation in Westminster is proportional."

Nope want i am saying its very simple Wesminster is an English Parilament in all but name and the UK needs to break up and all four countries go their own way

And no its not Scotland vs England we want Englands as neighbours not dictators

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"And how much money does Scotland send south?"

By that question are you implying Scotland does not send money thats raised in Scotland to the UK treasury ? Just trying to work out if thats what you are saying

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

I will give you the news yoo wont get from the BBC they will try to mislead on what people

So today on Good Mornjng Scotland which is radio in Scotland btw Nicola Sturgeon was on

Now the BBC managed to make their own wee spin story so they claim Nicola said sorry for any delays patients had over the winter in the Scottish NHS

Now for the real truth and not BBC spin

Nicola was saying sorry for any unacceptable delays at any time of the year

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 08/01/18 17:31:50]

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I'm still waiting for any answers from you to any of the questions raised by others on this thread but answer comes there none. Do all Nationalists lie, equivocate and deflect like this or is it just you?

FFS I've had more reasonable, logical and informative discussions with BREXITers on this forum than I'm getting from you - and that's a pretty low bar for you to try and cross really.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

OK off out for abit so ....

Novaer , no veren

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"OK off out for abit so ....

Novaer , no veren"

Èisd ri gaoth nam beann gus an traogh na h-uisgeachan

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Roeg lamb trui ad-

I lamb na-sindarin

over a year ago

"And how much money does Scotland send south?

By that question are you implying Scotland does not send money thats raised in Scotland to the UK treasury ? Just trying to work out if thats what you are saying "

No. By that question I am trying to determine how much money is sent south. Easy question.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Roeg lamb trui ad-

I lamb na-sindarin "

I just thought a real language like Gaelic would be more useful than fictional Sindarin (aka Elvish) but, if it makes life more easy for you, I'll accept your answer to any of the questions raised by others on this thread in English, Scottish Gaelic, Scotch or even Sindarin.

over a year ago

Or are you twisting the question to suit the answer you want to give...

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just trying to work out how on earth kinky didn't know the number of mp's is roughly based on the proportion of the population......

eh!!!

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"just trying to work out how on earth kinky didn't know the number of mp's is roughly based on the proportion of the population......

eh!!!

"

Fabio, kinky thinks that 19% is nearly 50%!

over a year ago

Is that like a constituency being approximately 75,000 voting age people? who'd a thunk it

By *ipvanwinkieMan
over a year ago

out of town!

What a depressing thread. No logic, no point and it took an age to get to the bottom of it.

Got to say though, if you could caricature a SNP voter, the OP would be it.

over a year ago

Not another one

over a year ago

533 represent England

59 represent Scotland

40 represent Wales

Again 533 English seats

59 Scottish seats

40 Welsh seats

10 NI seats

Caught out Westminster knows it needs Scotlands money "

The parliament has always been set up this way.

Your snp mps are up in arms about the boundary changes as they would not be able to represent a larger propotion of the population.

Your argument is defeated by your own party !!!

over a year ago

"I will give you the news yoo wont get from the BBC they will try to mislead on what people

So today on Good Mornjng Scotland which is radio in Scotland btw Nicola Sturgeon was on

Now the BBC managed to make their own wee spin story so they claim Nicola said sorry for any delays patients had over the winter in the Scottish NHS

"

Petty very petty

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"I will give you the news yoo wont get from the BBC they will try to mislead on what people

Petty very petty "

Petty ? What did i say that wasnt true ?

Do you want the BBC misformating people like that ?

over a year ago

Petty very petty

Do you want the BBC misformating people like that ? "

Very petty !!!

You are splitting hairs on this subject as most people can tell.

I would not want to be in charge of health in any country as no party can get it right all of the time.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Petty very petty

Do you want the BBC misformating people like that ?

Very petty !!!

You are splitting hairs on this subject as most people can tell.

I would not want to be in charge of health in any country as no party can get it right all of the time."

How is it petty ? I am telling you a fact

Do you really want the BBC misforming people to what someone actually said ?

Did people not learn a thing about the whole Nick Robinson / Alex Salmond with wee Nicky lying telling people Alex never answered when infact he did answer

Why do you give the BBC £147 to lie to you like that ?

over a year ago

What is the REAL difference between an apology for over the year or just over the winter months ????

Any longer A & E waiting times are not completely the snp fault !!!

Most ppl realise it is the most difficult time of the year for the nhs.

No one really cares if it is a twelve month or three month appology it is not BBC spin it is poor journalisim not quoting properly !!

No big vendetta here !!!!

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"What is the REAL difference between an apology for over the year or just over the winter months ????

No one really cares if it is a twelve month or three month appology it is not BBC spin it is poor journalisim not quoting properly !!

No big vendetta here !!!!"

But it's the other way round. Like you say, everyone expects winter to be hard, but Sturgeon is apologising for the NHS year round. She obviously thinks there are problems 365 days a year.

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"What is the REAL difference between an apology for over the year or just over the winter months ????

No big vendetta here !!!!

But it's the other way round. Like you say, everyone expects winter to be hard, but Sturgeon is apologising for the NHS year round. She obviously thinks there are problems 365 days a year."

I wonder why you choose to comment on this and not the other thread on the Scottish NHS thread lol

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"What a depressing thread. No logic, no point and it took an age to get to the bottom of it.

Got to say though, if you could caricature a SNP voter, the OP would be it. "

Maybe you shouldn't think in terms of caricatures of SNP voters, they are as varied as voters of any party.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"What a depressing thread. No logic, no point and it took an age to get to the bottom of it.

Maybe you shouldn't think in terms of caricatures of SNP voters, they are as varied as voters of any party. "

Always good to see a "new" poster in the politics forum. Welcome "Kinky Spice"!

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybe you shouldn't think in terms of caricatures of SNP voters, they are as varied as voters of any party.

Always good to see a "new" poster in the politics forum. Welcome "Kinky Spice"! "

Thanks.

I lurk....but sometimes I get riled enough to comment.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I'm still waiting for KinkyHnS to answer any of the points raised in this thread or any of the other threads he's either opened or commented on, as he constantly promises to do but never actually does. I don't know if he is a caricature of an SNP voter but he certainly seems to follow the same pattern as most Nationalist, whether Scottish or BREXITers, in not actually addressing or answering any queries or questions and spinning and twisting every piece of information to fit their cause.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Talking of polls, here's one from the King of polls himself (John Curtice) showing that the SNP have got it wrong with their constant claims about Scotland wanting a seperate Brexit deal:

Highlights:

The majority in Scotland (63%) believe we should have the same rules for EU migrants as the rest of the UK

The majority in Scotland (67%) believe that the rules on EU trade should be the same in Scotland as the rest of the UK

The majority (around 60%) believe farming and fishing powers should go to the devolved parliaments

Despite the majority being critical of the Brexit process (in line with the rest of the UK) there has been a 5% swing away from support for independence.

Conclusion (mine)

Basically people want the same deal as the rest of the UK, which means the major powers over trade, immigration etc remaining at Westminster, but would prefer issues they see as local (farming and fishing) returned to the local areas.

http://blog.whatscotlandthinks.org/2018/01/time-for-some-rethinking-in-scotlands-brexit-debate/

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I'm still waiting for KinkyHnS to answer any of the points raised in this thread or any of the other threads he's either opened or commented on, as he constantly promises to do but never actually does. I don't know if he is a caricature of an SNP voter but he certainly seems to follow the same pattern as most Nationalist, whether Scottish or BREXITers, in not actually addressing or answering any queries or questions and spinning and twisting every piece of information to fit their cause.

"

You'll be waiting a long time.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm still waiting for KinkyHnS to answer any of the points raised in this thread or any of the other threads he's either opened or commented on, as he constantly promises to do but never actually does. I don't know if he is a caricature of an SNP voter but he certainly seems to follow the same pattern as most Nationalist, whether Scottish or BREXITers, in not actually addressing or answering any queries or questions and spinning and twisting every piece of information to fit their cause.

"

the words "don't hold your breath" springs to mind...........

over a year ago

Are you a great fan of Eric Clapton Fabio?

Post new Message to Thread