Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Catalonia rejects Spain again

Jump to newest

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

There were new elections for the regional Parliament in Catalonia tonight and Carles Puigdemont's independence party has claimed victory for Catalonia independence again tonight. A Pro Spain unionist party got the most individual party seats but Pro independence parties got more seats combined and can now put together another Pro Independence majority in the Catalan Parliament. Pro Independence parties now have an extra seat in the Caralonia Parliament compared to last time. Mariano Rajoy's Spanish regime in Madrid have taken a beating tonight, and why would anyone be surprised after the brutal treatment they dished out on the people of Catalonia in October who only wanted a peaceful democratic vote to determine their future.

Turnout for the elections in Catalonia today was also very high around 80% turnout.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The revolution will not be televised!!

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Independence is still illegal without a change to the Spanish constitution.

over a year ago

Pro Spain unionist party got the most votes as well

By *avidnsa69Man
over a year ago

Essex

[Removed by poster at 22/12/17 01:07:29]

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

The rest of Spain and Catalunya awaits Rajoy's next catastrophic mistake.

over a year ago

rajoy and the right winger falangists in the franco party really fucked up there lol

he has two options now. resign or dissolve the central parliament and call another general election

over a year ago

Let them go - they will not be allowed to remain in the EU as Scotland was threatened with expulsion. Already 3000 businesses have moved their head office out of Catalan. So let them go - they can make Catalan great again - let's see them do it!

over a year ago

"Independence is still illegal without a change to the Spanish constitution. "

And Catalonia would also then be out of the EU and would need to apply independently.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Independence is still illegal without a change to the Spanish constitution.

And Catalonia would also then be out of the EU and would need to apply independently."

Will there be a hard border?

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

Interesting developments here, the people speak again .

Obviously the Spainish goverment need to Start some serious dialogue.

Bet the Brussels demigods are choking on their coffee and croisant!

What with the thorny Polish issue and Hungary!

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

"Independence is still illegal without a change to the Spanish constitution.

And Catalonia would also then be out of the EU and would need to apply independently.

Will there be a hard border? "

Yes probably - the same as the hard border between Spain & Gibraltar

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Interesting developments here, the people speak again .

What with the thorny Polish issue and Hungary!"

The UK obviously doesn't find Poland such a thorny issue, we just signed a new bilateral defence agreement with them. We often hear the shrill shrieks of "EU Army!" yet not a peep out of a single brexiter on here about the UK/Poland deal. Why is that?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It it fascinating that the pro independence parties won the most seats... but they didn’t win the popular vote... so neither side really got the mandate it needed

The only thing that we can agree on is that rojoy got his nose blooded

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

The UK obviously doesn't find Poland such a thorny issue, we just signed a new bilateral defence agreement with them. We often hear the shrill shrieks of "EU Army!" yet not a peep out of a single brexiter on here about the UK/Poland deal. Why is that? "

OK that's good then, Britain have close ties to Poland, didn't know about that deal but I guess not a bad thing, are Poland in NATO?

An EU army well that's a decision the EU need to develop, by all accounts it's happening isn't it, all good there then. I guess the UK won't be signing up for it as won't be in the EU but then again there may be some small print as a supporting role. That's open to negotiation.

over a year ago

Yes. Poland are in NATO!

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

The UK obviously doesn't find Poland such a thorny issue, we just signed a new bilateral defence agreement with them. We often hear the shrill shrieks of "EU Army!" yet not a peep out of a single brexiter on here about the UK/Poland deal. Why is that? "

Probably because it's two entirely different issues not remotely on the same level of discussion - I can see that and I'm a Brexit neutral

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Simple really now a legally binding referendum on independence must take place or allow Catalonia to break free from Spain

All the pro indy majority have to do is go into parliament in Catalonia and call for a binding referendum and vote it through and it would be very unwise for Rajoy minority government to ignore the people since that fanny called for the election

Yes i know unionists got the popular vote but here is the thing they cant form a coalition government well the could but they have to hope one or two pro indy parties dont form a coalition

So it will be interesting to see if Rajoy resigns or try to ignore the election that he called for therefore being anti democratic but hey we all know how it works what dictators they want to hold on to power to screw the people

over a year ago

"Simple really now a legally binding referendum on independence must take place or allow Catalonia to break free from Spain

All the pro indy majority have to do is go into parliament in Catalonia and call for a binding referendum and vote it through and it would be very unwise for Rajoy minority government to ignore the people since that fanny called for the election

Yes i know unionists got the popular vote but here is the thing they cant form a coalition government well the could but they have to hope one or two pro indy parties dont form a coalition

So it will be interesting to see if Rajoy resigns or try to ignore the election that he called for therefore being anti democratic but hey we all know how it works what dictators they want to hold on to power to screw the people"

There wasn't a majority though...they just got more seat when all the parties are put together...the Pro Spain group won the popular vote

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Simple really now a legally binding referendum on independence must take place or allow Catalonia to break free from Spain

So it will be interesting to see if Rajoy resigns or try to ignore the election that he called for therefore being anti democratic but hey we all know how it works what dictators they want to hold on to power to screw the people

There wasn't a majority though...they just got more seat when all the parties are put together...the Pro Spain group won the popular vote "

Ok lets try this then

In the Catalan parliament if there was a vote to have a legally binding referendum and all the pro indy bloc vote Yes can the unionists stop that vote from being passed ?

Am curious how would you solve this ?

I've named two ways i think either Rajoy resigns for his fuck up or he allows a binding referendum on Catalan independence to go ahead

He would be a fucking joke to ignore the election he called for just cause he didnt like that way it went

Like i said yes unionists may have got the popular vote but if the Pro indy bloc of parites form a coalition government they unionists cant do fuck all about it

Am enjoying seeing Rajoy fuck up the more mistakes he makes the more it will help Catalonia be free of Spains dictatorship in Madrid

over a year ago

There wasn't a majority though...they just got more seat when all the parties are put together...the Pro Spain group won the popular vote

Ok lets try this then

In the Catalan parliament if there was a vote to have a legally binding referendum and all the pro indy bloc vote Yes can the unionists stop that vote from being passed ?

I've named two ways i think either Rajoy resigns for his fuck up or he allows a binding referendum on Catalan independence to go ahead

He would be a fucking joke to ignore the election he called for just cause he didnt like that way it went

Like i said yes unionists may have got the popular vote but if the Pro indy bloc of parites form a coalition government they unionists cant do fuck all about it

Am enjoying seeing Rajoy fuck up the more mistakes he makes the more it will help Catalonia be free of Spains dictatorship in Madrid "

Its the same way as your arguing that the conservatives aren't...if you accept the Catalonia vote...then YOU must accept the UK vote...can you see how twisted your theory is

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Ok lets try this then

Am enjoying seeing Rajoy fuck up the more mistakes he makes the more it will help Catalonia be free of Spains dictatorship in Madrid

Its the same way as your arguing that the conservatives aren't...if you accept the Catalonia vote...then YOU must accept the UK vote...can you see how twisted your theory is "

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

So it will be interesting to see if Rajoy resigns or try to ignore the election that he called for therefore being anti democratic but hey we all know how it works what dictators they want to hold on to power to screw the people"

That's against the Spanish constitution. Did you learn nothing from the last referendum?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The UK obviously doesn't find Poland such a thorny issue, we just signed a new bilateral defence agreement with them. We often hear the shrill shrieks of "EU Army!" yet not a peep out of a single brexiter on here about the UK/Poland deal. Why is that?

Probably because it's two entirely different issues not remotely on the same level of discussion - I can see that and I'm a Brexit neutral "

What are 2 entirely different issues?

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

That's against the Spanish constitution. Did you learn nothing from the last referendum? "

Ok CLCC how would you like to see this solved then ?

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

Probably because it's two entirely different issues not remotely on the same level of discussion - I can see that and I'm a Brexit neutral

What are 2 entirely different issues?"

The 2 issues you are trying to compare

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

That's against the Spanish constitution. Did you learn nothing from the last referendum?

"

can i answer that question...

they can go thru the proper legal process.....

so can i ask you a question...

would it be wise for pro-seperatist parties to go down that route as pro-unity parties won the actual popular vote

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/12/17 23:03:58]

over a year ago

Ok lets try this then

Its the same way as your arguing that the conservatives aren't...if you accept the Catalonia vote...then YOU must accept the UK vote...can you see how twisted your theory is

Am curious how would you solve this ?"

Like another poster just said go down the legal route as Scotland did....and see what happens....i don't think they will though...as the MAJORITY in Catalonia voted pro unity .

Now lets hear how you would solve it

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

There are 2 options, either maintain the status quo, or try to change the Spanish constitution. That will involve working with the national parties to allow the change in the national legislature. However, there hasn't been an overwhelming support for the independence movement, so it could be said that the need for constitutional reform has not yet been demonstrated.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The 2 issues you are trying to compare "

What? The EU Army and bilateral/multilateral defence agreements?

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

What? The EU Army and bilateral/multilateral defence agreements? "

The EU's issues with Poland and Hungary have no relationship with the UK and an EU army

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The EU's issues with Poland and Hungary have no relationship with the UK and an EU army"

Well, we are still part of the EU. The EU is concerned about a decline of democracy in Poland and a rising autocracy. I'm saying that the UK is ignoring those issues and creating a closer relationship between our 2 countries.

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

The EU's issues with Poland and Hungary have no relationship with the UK and an EU army

Well, we are still part of the EU. The EU is concerned about a decline of democracy in Poland and a rising autocracy. I'm saying that the UK is ignoring those issues and creating a closer relationship between our 2 countries. "

Surely making a bilateral agreement with a country of your choice is not the same a 27 state EU army, or has any relevance with issues with Hungary or Poland?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Well, we are still part of the EU. The EU is concerned about a decline of democracy in Poland and a rising autocracy. I'm saying that the UK is ignoring those issues and creating a closer relationship between our 2 countries.

Surely making a bilateral agreement with a country of your choice is not the same a 27 state EU army, or has any relevance with issues with Hungary or Poland? "

Of course it is relevant that on the one hand a country is being censured for a lack of democracy on the same day that the UK signs a defence agreement with them.

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Ok lets try this then

Am enjoying seeing Rajoy fuck up the more mistakes he makes the more it will help Catalonia be free of Spains dictatorship in Madrid "

It's inevitable now that the pro Independence parties will form a majority coalition in the Catalan Parliament. The make up of seats after yesterday's election is as follows....

Pro independence seats = 70

Pro unionist seats = 65

over a year ago

Ok lets try this then

It's inevitable now that the pro Independence parties will form a majority coalition in the Catalan Parliament. The make up of seats after yesterday's election is as follows....

Pro unionist seats = 65

"

Pro Unionists 52% of the vote...remind you of anything....or dosent it fit your agenda yet again

By *entaur_UK OP   Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Ok lets try this then

Pro unionist seats = 65

Pro Unionists 52% of the vote...remind you of anything....or dosent it fit your agenda yet again "

Yesterday's vote wasn't a referendum. Yesterday's vote was to determine the make up of the Catalan Parliament in which Pro independence parties won the majority number of seats.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

Ok lets try this then

Pro unionist seats = 65

Pro Unionists 52% of the vote...remind you of anything....or dosent it fit your agenda yet again "

Xavier Cuadras-Morató is an associate professor of economics at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, and writes

The three pro-independence parties won 47.5%.....

the pro-unionists 43.4%....

Support for a third option— (the non-aligned Catcomu) —7.4%.

By *oubepoMan
over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

Surely making a bilateral agreement with a country of your choice is not the same a 27 state EU army, or has any relevance with issues with Hungary or Poland?

Of course it is relevant that on the one hand a country is being censured for a lack of democracy on the same day that the UK signs a defence agreement with them. "

So none of this has any connection to the EU army then?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Of course it is relevant that on the one hand a country is being censured for a lack of democracy on the same day that the UK signs a defence agreement with them.

So none of this has any connection to the EU army then?

"

The UK has bilateral and multilateral defence agreements with many countries, including many countries in Europe and the EU. One of these was signed this week with Poland. These are agreements which are already in effect and working. The people who complain about a potential EU Army sometime in the future never seem to mention the defence agreements that are already in place today, often featuring the very same countries. Why are they so scared of potential defence cooperation framework in the future, but completely silent on the ones we already have, such as the one signed this week?

over a year ago

Ok lets try this then

Pro unionist seats = 65

Pro Unionists 52% of the vote...remind you of anything....or dosent it fit your agenda yet again

Xavier Cuadras-Morató is an associate professor of economics at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, and writes

Support for a third option— (the non-aligned Catcomu) —7.4%."

Your figures are wrong..id suggest you look again

https://www.politico.eu/article/catalonia-election-results-2017-live-independence-spain/

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Without a change in the constitution, it doesn't matter how many seats the independence movement get.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

Ok lets try this then

Pro unionist seats = 65

Support for a third option— (the non-aligned Catcomu) —7.4%.

Your figures are wrong..id suggest you look again

https://www.politico.eu/article/catalonia-election-results-2017-live-independence-spain/ "

Yep, on the second chart of the link you quote.

Pro independence. 47.5%

Against independence. 43.4%

Others . The rest.

On the link that you quote!

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Without a change in the constitution, it doesn't matter how many seats the independence movement get. "

How many times has this been requested by the pro indy side ? And how many times have the Spanish government said no or ignored it ?

I suppose thats the answer for some on here is in Catalonia the people are electing a strong bloc of pro indy parties into government either be a single party or coalition and Spains government ignore it hoping it will all go away nah not this time round

They will have to do something

Either that dictator Rajoy resigns ir he actually grows a pair and allows a binding referendum in Catalan independence but the unionists cant stick the fingers in the ears hoping it will all go away

Rajoy just like May fucked uo and have to respest the election result

I mean CLCC the way it comes across when tou say " it doesnt matter how many seats the independence movement get " that you dont care about the fact the people are trying to change things but being ignored but a awful dictatorship that is Rajoys government

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Without a change in the constitution, it doesn't matter how many seats the independence movement get.

How many times has this been requested by the pro indy side ? And how many times have the Spanish government said no or ignored it ?

I suppose thats the answer for some on here is in Catalonia the people are electing a strong bloc of pro indy parties into government either be a single party or coalition and Spains government ignore it hoping it will all go away nah not this time round

Either that dictator Rajoy resigns ir he actually grows a pair and allows a binding referendum in Catalan independence but the unionists cant stick the fingers in the ears hoping it will all go away

I mean CLCC the way it comes across when tou say " it doesnt matter how many seats the independence movement get " that you dont care about the fact the people are trying to change things but being ignored but a awful dictatorship that is Rajoys government "

Rajoy can't do anything without changing the constitution either.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

A question:

Did Catalonia reject Spain?

As I understand it there were no single issue parties therefore to claim a victory one way or another is disingenuous although I will concede that taking the result as an indicator it looks likely that Catalonia would vote to leave Spain if asked that question.

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"Without a change in the constitution, it doesn't matter how many seats the independence movement get.

I mean CLCC the way it comes across when tou say " it doesnt matter how many seats the independence movement get " that you dont care about the fact the people are trying to change things but being ignored but a awful dictatorship that is Rajoys government

Rajoy can't do anything without changing the constitution either. "

Ok CLCC so if changing the contitution keeps getting ignored which it has over years you cant deny that so tell me how does one change the contitution if one side are not willing to come to the table and listen ?

The people have pretty much told Rajoy they want change and elected a pro indy majority bloc in the Catalan pariament wven you can work out that the unionists parties can not form a coalition government with 65 seats out of 130 and the pro indy side have 70 seats

Something has to give and the unionists are going to have to admit defeat and do something yea you may argue all you like the unionists got 52% of the popular vote but they cannot get into government with less seats than all the pro indy side

I think everyone can work out a way to solve this is to have a binding referendum and for both yes and no sides to put there points across to break away from Spain or remain part of Spain and then let the people of Catalonia decide their own future

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Ok CLCC so if changing the contitution keeps getting ignored which it has over years you cant deny that so tell me how does one change the contitution if one side are not willing to come to the table and listen ?

The people have pretty much told Rajoy they want change and elected a pro indy majority bloc in the Catalan pariament wven you can work out that the unionists parties can not form a coalition government with 65 seats out of 130 and the pro indy side have 70 seats

Something has to give and the unionists are going to have to admit defeat and do something yea you may argue all you like the unionists got 52% of the popular vote but they cannot get into government with less seats than all the pro indy side

I think everyone can work out a way to solve this is to have a binding referendum and for both yes and no sides to put there points across to break away from Spain or remain part of Spain and then let the people of Catalonia decide their own future "

You are getting confused between a regional legislature and the national legislature. Only the national legislature can change the constitution. It's very similar to the UK.

By *inkyHnSCouple
over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

What message does it say when Rajoy is being a baby and saying no to meeting Carles Puigdemont

And saying he will only meet the unionist Cs leader

Erm duh they cannot form a government nor can the form a coalition

The pro indy bloc of parties can form a coalition government and stay Rajoy wont come to the table to talk

Yeah welcome to 2017 democracy eh Franco must be damn proud of Rajoy and his wee minority dictatorship

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

(In a David Attenborough whisper)

And here we see kinky in their natural environment, carefully stalking the politics forum for any threads they can link to Scottish independence. Kinky has just displayed their classic bait-and-switch behaviour in response to a post they can't answer from another poster. They quickly change the subject an hope the other posters won't notice. The rare Kinky bird is known around the world for their ability to entirely ignore legal facts and constitutional certainties, allowing them to live in and environment of their own cognitive creation.

(Merry Christmas Kinky )

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"(In a David Attenborough whisper)

And here we see kinky in their natural environment, carefully stalking the politics forum for any threads they can link to Scottish independence. Kinky has just displayed their classic bait-and-switch behaviour in response to a post they can't answer from another poster. They quickly change the subject an hope the other posters won't notice. The rare Kinky bird is known around the world for their ability to entirely ignore legal facts and constitutional certainties, allowing them to live in and environment of their own cognitive creation.

(Merry Christmas Kinky )"

That,s the most ironic post coming from someone who hasn’t answered anyone’s questions,all the best

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

(Merry Christmas Kinky )That,s the most ironic post coming from someone who hasn’t answered anyone’s questions,all the best "

Like when? I do seem to remember you never answering the question about why you never reported a supposedly fake doctor working in a hospital....

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

(Merry Christmas Kinky )That,s the most ironic post coming from someone who hasn’t answered anyone’s questions,all the best

Like when? I do seem to remember you never answering the question about why you never reported a supposedly fake doctor working in a hospital.... "

Another question from you ha ha

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

(Merry Christmas Kinky )That,s the most ironic post coming from someone who hasn’t answered anyone’s questions,all the best

Like when? I do seem to remember you never answering the question about why you never reported a supposedly fake doctor working in a hospital.... Another question from you ha ha "

You didn't ask a question for me to answer, and you didn't answer my question.

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Like when? I do seem to remember you never answering the question about why you never reported a supposedly fake doctor working in a hospital.... Another question from you ha ha

You didn't ask a question for me to answer, and you didn't answer my question. "

. I,m not asking you a question because i know you won’t answer it,just making a statement

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Like when? I do seem to remember you never answering the question about why you never reported a supposedly fake doctor working in a hospital.... Another question from you ha ha

You didn't ask a question for me to answer, and you didn't answer my question. . I,m not asking you a question because i know you won’t answer it,just making a statement "

A statement that you couldn't back up, like your lies about a fake doctor

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

You didn't ask a question for me to answer, and you didn't answer my question. . I,m not asking you a question because i know you won’t answer it,just making a statement

A statement that you couldn't back up, like your lies about a fake doctor "

Yawn,i have told you my reasons for not reporting him,nearly two years down the line after nine strokes and now being partially sighted,why would i want to upset the people looking after me.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

You didn't ask a question for me to answer, and you didn't answer my question. . I,m not asking you a question because i know you won’t answer it,just making a statement

A statement that you couldn't back up, like your lies about a fake doctor Yawn,i have told you my reasons for not reporting him,nearly two years down the line after nine strokes and now being partially sighted,why would i want to upset the people looking after me."

Yeah, of course, it makes total sense to let someone unqualified practice medicine

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

A statement that you couldn't back up, like your lies about a fake doctor Yawn,i have told you my reasons for not reporting him,nearly two years down the line after nine strokes and now being partially sighted,why would i want to upset the people looking after me.

Yeah, of course, it makes total sense to let someone unqualified practice medicine "

My health,my rules.Sorry for hi-jacking your thread OP

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

A statement that you couldn't back up, like your lies about a fake doctor Yawn,i have told you my reasons for not reporting him,nearly two years down the line after nine strokes and now being partially sighted,why would i want to upset the people looking after me.

Yeah, of course, it makes total sense to let someone unqualified practice medicine My health,my rules.Sorry for hi-jacking your thread OP"

You let a man, who you believed to be unqualified and falsely claiming to be a doctor, practice medicine on yourself, and other people. I think that's criminally negligent, and that you are at least partially responsible for any harm he did to others.

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Yeah, of course, it makes total sense to let someone unqualified practice medicine My health,my rules.Sorry for hi-jacking your thread OP

You let a man, who you believed to be unqualified and falsely claiming to be a doctor, practice medicine on yourself, and other people. I think that's criminally negligent, and that you are at least partially responsible for any harm he did to others. "

Who said he caused harm to anybody ?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Yeah, of course, it makes total sense to let someone unqualified practice medicine My health,my rules.Sorry for hi-jacking your thread OP

You let a man, who you believed to be unqualified and falsely claiming to be a doctor, practice medicine on yourself, and other people. I think that's criminally negligent, and that you are at least partially responsible for any harm he did to others. Who said he caused harm to anybody ? "

You are naive in the extreme if you believe that a unqualified person, falsely claiming to be a qualified doctor, can practice medicine in a hospital without hurting someone.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I think everyone can work out a way to solve this is to have a binding referendum and for both yes and no sides to put there points across to break away from Spain or remain part of Spain and then let the people of Catalonia decide their own future "

Regardless of the actual seats gained, there is even less argument for saying a vote in favour of Catalonia seceding from Spain by 48% of those who voted gives a mandate for change or is in anyway a true reflection of the will of the people than there is for the 52% in our EU referendum.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

I think everyone can work out a way to solve this is to have a binding referendum and for both yes and no sides to put there points across to break away from Spain or remain part of Spain and then let the people of Catalonia decide their own future

Regardless of the actual seats gained, there is even less argument for saying a vote in favour of Catalonia seceding from Spain by 48% of those who voted gives a mandate for change or is in anyway a true reflection of the will of the people than there is for the 52% in our EU referendum."

And to show the other side of your argument,

Regardless of the actual seats gained, there is even less argument for saying a vote in favour of Catalonia remaining a part of Spain by 43% of those who voted gives a mandate for the status quo or is in anyway a true reflection of the will of the people than there is for the 48% in our EU referendum.

over a year ago

Regardless of the actual seats gained, there is even less argument for saying a vote in favour of Catalonia seceding from Spain by 48% of those who voted gives a mandate for change or is in anyway a true reflection of the will of the people than there is for the 52% in our EU referendum.

Regardless of the actual seats gained, there is even less argument for saying a vote in favour of Catalonia remaining a part of Spain by 43% of those who voted gives a mandate for the status quo or is in anyway a true reflection of the will of the people than there is for the 48% in our EU referendum.

"

So im taking it you agree with Kinky ...that Scotland and the SNP has a mandate for Independence...seen as they have more seats in Holyrood ?....and btw 52% of the popular vote went to Pro Unity...no matter how much spin you want to put on it

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

So im taking it you agree with Kinky ...that Scotland and the SNP has a mandate for Independence...seen as they have more seats in Holyrood ?....and btw 52% of the popular vote went to Pro Unity...no matter how much spin you want to put on it "

I refer you back to the link that YOU quoted....

43.4% voted for pro-unity parties.

The rest either voted for independence (c48%), or for parties that have no policy either way.

No matter what way you spin it.

You provided the link, and the link that you provided proved you wrong!

over a year ago

So im taking it you agree with Kinky ...that Scotland and the SNP has a mandate for Independence...seen as they have more seats in Holyrood ?....and btw 52% of the popular vote went to Pro Unity...no matter how much spin you want to put on it

The rest either voted for independence (c48%), or for parties that have no policy either way.

"

My link provided you with the details...of how the % votes were cast..if you would like to do some research rather than just look at the headlines...i along with a lot of commentators say the Pro Unity gained 52% of the vote...spin it how you like

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

The Catalan government can't chnage the constitution or hold a legally binding referedum, so it doesn't matter!

Post new Message to Thread