Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

How long will this Govt survive?

Jump to newest

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

I reckon the "great repeal bill" will see the end of them. That would mean another election about one year into the two year EU exit negotiations.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

There is an air of the inevitable about May, a cabinet in open revolt with different agenda's and no cohesive plan as what they want over Brexit despite the spin..

and she is too weak to sort it..

will they have written in a clause that the DUP pay back some of the bribe money in the event of another election and another hung Parliament with whomever doing deals with whomever..?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I give them till October

By *utandbigMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Yeah I agree October latest

There a bunch of dickheads no leadership and idiots in the background god help us if boris ever gets in

over a year ago

Hear hear

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

OK so another general election - then what? Even if Labour got a majority they are as divided over the EU as the Tories are.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"OK so another general election - then what? Even if Labour got a majority they are as divided over the EU as the Tories are."

There won't be another general election this year. The tories know Corbyn is now a threat so they won't risk another general election and the chance of letting him slip in to 10 Downing street. The tories have a majority with the DUP plus on any brexit votes you have around 20 committed Labour Leave MP's who will vote for Brexit (Corbyn is a brexiter too and will whip his party into voting for Brexit). I think it's just wishful thinking from remainers that there will be another election this year, Theresa May will stay as Prime minister until brexit is complete then she will step down and allow a new leader to take her place before another general election in 5 years time.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Who will last longer, Trump or May?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"OK so another general election - then what? Even if Labour got a majority they are as divided over the EU as the Tories are.

There won't be another general election this year. The tories know Corbyn is now a threat so they won't risk another general election and the chance of letting him slip in to 10 Downing street. The tories have a majority with the DUP plus on any brexit votes you have around 20 committed Labour Leave MP's who will vote for Brexit (Corbyn is a brexiter too and will whip his party into voting for Brexit). I think it's just wishful thinking from remainers that there will be another election this year, Theresa May will stay as Prime minister until brexit is complete then she will step down and allow a new leader to take her place before another general election in 5 years time. "

You've changed your tune on Corbyn's electability!

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"OK so another general election - then what? Even if Labour got a majority they are as divided over the EU as the Tories are.

There won't be another general election this year. The tories know Corbyn is now a threat so they won't risk another general election and the chance of letting him slip in to 10 Downing street. The tories have a majority with the DUP plus on any brexit votes you have around 20 committed Labour Leave MP's who will vote for Brexit (Corbyn is a brexiter too and will whip his party into voting for Brexit). I think it's just wishful thinking from remainers that there will be another election this year, Theresa May will stay as Prime minister until brexit is complete then she will step down and allow a new leader to take her place before another general election in 5 years time.

You've changed your tune on Corbyn's electability! "

Don't get me wrong I still think he's a far left muppet who would do a huge amount of damage to this country if he ever became Prime minister.

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"OK so another general election - then what? Even if Labour got a majority they are as divided over the EU as the Tories are."

This is exactly the problem. The only thing that the referendum did was highlight the divisions in society and those divisions also exist within political parties. There is no mandate for anyone to undertake large scale constitutional changes and there are just as many Remainers in the Conservative Party as there are Brexiters in the Labour Party.

Truly, this whole thing is a fuck up of epic proportions and the country is wallowing in the doldrums, rudderless and without sail, because no single party has conviction or direction and this itself is because no Party can command a solid mandate from a nation divided.

The only way that I can see Brexit succeeding is with a cross Party Alliance. I don't see the May Govt surviving because her Cabinet are unable to agree on a coherent strategy and we are a year into her Stewardship and a month or so since her election fuck up.

Even the most ardent of Brexiters surely have to admit that a chaotic cabinet will never be able to deliver anything but chaos and that the country has to be united to have any reasonable hope of making this a success.

May and her cohorts will never deliver unity - the problem is - who can?

over a year ago

There won't be another general election this year. The tories know Corbyn is now a threat so they won't risk another general election and the chance of letting him slip in to 10 Downing street. The tories have a majority with the DUP plus on any brexit votes you have around 20 committed Labour Leave MP's who will vote for Brexit (Corbyn is a brexiter too and will whip his party into voting for Brexit). I think it's just wishful thinking from remainers that there will be another election this year, Theresa May will stay as Prime minister until brexit is complete then she will step down and allow a new leader to take her place before another general election in 5 years time. "

By *uke OzadeMan
14 weeks ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Not fucking long at all now

By *idnight RamblerMan
14 weeks ago

Pershore

I thought this was title was getting ahead of the curve and referring to Labour'24.

Post new Message to Thread