Back to Politics

And Finally...

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The bits of news slipped in on the last day of this Parliamentary term:

1. Crime up by 10%

2. Fewer frontline police officers - down 1% (840 people) and overall police staff down by 2,237

3. Fewer armed forces personnel - down 1,860 (but 7k down since Fallon became Defence Secretary in 2014)

4. School exclusions on the rise, including 50 children aged 4 or younger!

5. Delays on the line - rail electrification put off again

6. Still no decision on the Sky takeover

7. Legal fees of £1.2m incurred to argue against Article 50 being discussed and voted on in Parliament.

And, one fluffy "And finally..." story:

7. Andrea Leadsom thinks Jane Austen is a living author.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

8. £300m Edinburgh City Deal... hasn't prevented the ask for more.

9. Vince Cable is official LibDem leader now.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Has Amber Rudd trotted out the 'your crying wolf' phrase again in response to the police Federation who have said what most sensible people know that if you cut too far the crime will rise..

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I blame the EU

over a year ago

"Has Amber Rudd trotted out the 'your crying wolf' phrase again in response to the police Federation who have said what most sensible people know that if you cut too far the crime will rise.."

Not today, as far as I have seen. However, Rebecca Pow asked the PM (and House) to laud the policy on credit card surcharges. Without understanding it's an EU policy we are required to enact, it would seem.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I blame the EU"
but you don't

You really blame Brexit

over a year ago

"I blame the EU"

Of course... and the BBC.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Has Amber Rudd trotted out the 'your crying wolf' phrase again in response to the police Federation who have said what most sensible people know that if you cut too far the crime will rise..

Not today, as far as I have seen. However, Rebecca Pow asked the PM (and House) to laud the policy on credit card surcharges. Without understanding it's an EU policy we are required to enact, it would seem.

"

Honestly that bloody EU with its laws that protect people from the excesses of corporation greed..

just not on..

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I blame the EU but you don't

You really blame Brexit "

Jane Austin would still be alive if it wasn't for Brexit!

over a year ago

You really blame Brexit

Jane Austin would still be alive if it wasn't for Brexit!"

Ha Ha now now True Coulters starting to show

over a year ago

You really blame Brexit

Jane Austin would still be alive if it wasn't for Brexit! Ha Ha now now True Coulters starting to show "

Does anyone hide them on the politics forum?

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"Has Amber Rudd trotted out the 'your crying wolf' phrase again in response to the police Federation who have said what most sensible people know that if you cut too far the crime will rise..

"

It's not just that, crime levels also generally follow how poor and unhappy people are.

How much has food bank usage increased?

over a year ago

It's not just that, crime levels also generally follow how poor and unhappy people are.

How much has food bank usage increased?"

Foodbanks are on an extra drive for donations for the Summer. The costs of children not in school are not small.

over a year ago

Theresa and Philip May are going on a 3 week walking holiday in the Alps. What will she come back with this time?

over a year ago

"Theresa and Philip May are going on a 3 week walking holiday in the Alps. What will she come back with this time? "

You mean shes spending her money in a foreign land when tells us all to buy British weres her sense of nationalism

over a year ago

"Theresa and Philip May are going on a 3 week walking holiday in the Alps. What will she come back with this time?

You mean shes spending her money in a foreign land when tells us all to buy British weres her sense of nationalism "

I'm just worried about the thoughts that go through her head when on walking holidays.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

they do yes, which given that a Government has cut benefits and allowed the culture of zero hours contracts etc to flourish it makes no sense to cut the police and other essential public services..

all in it together though...

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

How much has food bank usage increased?

they do yes, which given that a Government has cut benefits and allowed the culture of zero hours contracts etc to flourish it makes no sense to cut the police and other essential public services..

all in it together though...

"

Of course!

(Low corporation tax, inheritance tax, no increase to top rate income tax)

Unless you're in the club. Then you get to be on the board of a private health provider while voting to wind down the NHS...

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

You really blame Brexit "

No...

Both hey and I blame the tories and tory austerity in particular.

The brexit bill has so far been paid by the Bank of England, industry and commerce cutting profit margins on imported goods. But don't worry as soon as we are fully out of the EU the tories will deliver us all that accumulated shit in one big dump on the 70% they are systematically shafting.

And finally (OP you missed), life expectancy down for the last 7 years.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Theresa and Philip May are going on a 3 week walking holiday in the Alps. What will she come back with this time?

You mean shes spending her money in a foreign land when tells us all to buy British weres her sense of nationalism "

No it's fine. Britain is demanding the Alps as part of the Brexit negotiations.

over a year ago

Oooph!

Not all at once, please.

over a year ago

"Theresa and Philip May are going on a 3 week walking holiday in the Alps. What will she come back with this time? "

Hopefully the CLAP

over a year ago

"Oooph!

Not all at once, please. "

It's ok, no one is interested in the day to day politics.

over a year ago

North Korea must be racked with crime

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

You mean shes spending her money in a foreign land when tells us all to buy British weres her sense of nationalism

No it's fine. Britain is demanding the Alps as part of the Brexit negotiations. "

Only if the pesky French, Swiss, Italians and Austrians who currently live there are moved somewhere else first; we wouldn't want them getting into Britain on the back of the Alps, would we?

over a year ago

You really blame Brexit

Jane Austin would still be alive if it wasn't for Brexit! Ha Ha now now True Coulters starting to show

Does anyone hide them on the politics forum?

"

it was meant as a joke

Post new Message to Thread