Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Local elections

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, another election and voting, the polls are closing throughout the uk and the results will be in from 9am, what kind of outcome do you reckon will unfold?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some winners, some loosers

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

As predicted, early Conservative gains and heavy UKIP losses.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

All 9 UKIP councillors in Boston and Skegness removed; 7 to conservatives, 1 each to Lab and Lib Dem.

Bet Paul Nuttall's face is a picture right now!

over a year ago

The Count does not begin until 9am in Scotland

over a year ago

So far the most significant thing I can see is the Lib Dems going backwards.

Labour slaughtered ........ as predicted.

UKIP lost every seat so far........ no surprise.

But Lib Dems must be gutted they haven't bounced back....

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I was expecting Lib Dems to pick up some slack but they were never going to make headway around Boston and Lincs. With the problems they are having it's not an option.

over a year ago

The counting is starting soon

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I'm sure the Tories are quaking in their boots about Corbyn's Labour sweeping all seats before them.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Just watching Sky News and the best that Labour can wheel out for a comment is a still stuttering Diane Abbott.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Labour have now lost over all control of Glasgow council

over a year ago

A blinding day for the Conservatives - even in Scotland it would appear.

UKIP practically wiped out.

Labour suffering heavy losses

Lib Dems, while not putting in an appalling performance, aren't doing anywhere near as well as they might have hoped.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Aaron Banks now saying that UKIP is finished as an electoral force.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

If these elections are anything to go by for the general election it's looking very good for Theresa May and the Conservatives.

By *issing in actionWoman
over a year ago

Llanelli

The Tories had Kippers for breakfast

Will UKIP still exist at the general election? I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement before the weekend

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"The Tories had Kippers for breakfast

Will UKIP still exist at the general election? I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement before the weekend"

I've been a ukip supporter/voter for around the last 10 years. I heard Suzanne Evans on the radio earlier and she was saying ukip are a victim of their own success and I think she's right. Ukip was formed to get Britain out of the EU as it's main goal, either by forming a government to take us out or by putting enough pressure on the government of the day to offer an in/out EU referendum. That happened and Leave won the referendum, ukip has achieved it's main objective, we are leaving the EU and it's mission accomplished. Now ukip really has no purpose as the Conservatives are the party of Brexit and I'll be voting Conservative at the general election. If Theresa May delivers on the Brexit she has outlined then I think ukip will fade away but if Theresa May starts to backslide and fudges the deal to keep us in the single market and the customs union then a lot of Leave voters will feel betrayed and that's when ukip could make a comeback. We won't see what Brexit really looks like though until the end of the article 50 period in 2 years time.

By *issing in actionWoman
over a year ago

Llanelli

Will UKIP still exist at the general election? I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement before the weekend

I've been a ukip supporter/voter for around the last 10 years. I heard Suzanne Evans on the radio earlier and she was saying ukip are a victim of their own success and I think she's right. Ukip was formed to get Britain out of the EU as it's main goal, either by forming a government to take us out or by putting enough pressure on the government of the day to offer an in/out EU referendum. That happened and Leave won the referendum, ukip has achieved it's main objective, we are leaving the EU and it's mission accomplished. Now ukip really has no purpose as the Conservatives are the party of Brexit and I'll be voting Conservative at the general election. If Theresa May delivers on the Brexit she has outlined then I think ukip will fade away but if Theresa May starts to backslide and fudges the deal to keep us in the single market and the customs union then a lot of Leave voters will feel betrayed and that's when ukip could make a comeback. We won't see what Brexit really looks like though until the end of the article 50 period in 2 years time. "

But I thought UKIP always denied having just the one policy, and Suzanne Evans should know that as she's writing their manifesto! Maybe she's got writer's block. Do you think she'll recover before the general election, or go back to the Tories herself?

over a year ago

"

The way I read it is that Kippers and clearly many others voted for May to complete the final piece of the UKIP project! As for weekend announcements, that could easily apply to all of the other main parties currently equally in a state of disarray.

over a year ago

Labour won manchester.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

OK. We all (well nearly, with only a few exceptions) expected Labour to get a spanking. UKIP to be fair have pretty much served their purpose, so again were expected to do badly.

For me the surprise is the Lib Dems.

If they were going to sweep up the millions of, supposedly disenfranchised, remain supporters as some expected they were sadly disappointed. Net losses don't point to anything good for them in the GE.

Time for Tim (nice but dim) to go back to the drawing board.

over a year ago

"Labour won manchester."

No mate. Andy Burnham won the Mayoral election in Manchester.

Cirbyn legged it up there to "congratulate " him. (Or to get his face in a pic with a winner). Burnham legged it from his own victory party to avoid having himself associated with Corbyn.

The mayoral elections were about individual personalities much more than parties.

Anyway Cons won 4 out of 6 including Tyneside and West Mids which would normally be a shoe in for labour.

Labours only other win was in Liverpool (the home of Militant Tendancy who are now rebranded as "momentum")

Post new Message to Thread