Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Brexit and agriculture.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As the farmers is getting ready for brexit many have said they need immigrants to pick the fields, how do you see the farmers future and is there one and can britain support itself?

We have seen signs now with the vegetable shortage it could be a problem, what is your view on that the supermarkets throw away good food, just because it is not the perfect shape?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Chuck out all small bendy bananas!

They have no place in a British supermarket! All bananas need to be strait and at least 9 inches long! Cucumbers need to have a minimum girth of 6 inches and a length of at least 12 inches!

All women have the right to phallic fruit and veg that can really hit the spot!

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"Chuck out all small bendy bananas!

They have no place in a British supermarket! All bananas need to be strait and at least 9 inches long! Cucumbers need to have a minimum girth of 6 inches and a length of at least 12 inches!

All women have the right to phallic fruit and veg that can really hit the spot!

"

Real inches or 'fab inches'?

-Matt

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well the weather patterns are getting more bizarre by the year, the jet stream is slowing and meandering around all over the shop, at times it's crossing the equator!.... The artic circle is 20 degrees Celsius warmer than average the sea ice is disappearing faster than a budget under labour and the Tories say don't worry... Hey look over, there's a black guy sneaking in on lorry!.

30% of the planet lives in abject poverty, 80,000 children die every day from hunger, the four main grains that feed 40% of the planet are grown in three or four large inland areas which are going to be the very worst hit by the changing weather, the rains come a month early or a month late or sometimes they don't come at all, sometimes they never stop, we see 50 degrees+ plus now on a regular basis and we're "adding new colours to the weather map" so you bums can "visualise" the heat, the last 18 years are the warmest on record and every year it gets worse, "100 year" floods come every five years now and it's ok, it's a dredging problem or we can build the walls higher!.

The very richest worry about things 20 years in the future because they have nothing to worry about tomorrow while the very poorest couldn't give a fuck they just worry about eating tomorrow.... Were all living in delusional times, most of that delusion is created by the "interested" parties but a small part is your own, like the dentist or niggly pain you just don't want to think about it?....

Were all born to die, none of us get out of that predicament....

In a few years time you're all going to have a wake up call... We don't actually over produce food anymore, yields have been dropping slightly year on year, we've basically turned the entire of the UK into housing and shopping malls anyhow....I remember those fuel protests years back, it only took a couple of tractors at stanlow and a few trucks turned round and viola weeks of no fuel, Everybody filled their tanks up full and whoosh it all went?.... Do you know it takes the same energy to melt 1 gram of ice as it takes to get 1 gram of water from 0 degrees to 80 degrees, next time your at a party you can check that out, your glass will stay pretty cold right up to the point where the ice is almost gone, just a tiny slither left... When it goes, your drink hits room temperature in 15-20 minutes!.... Did anyone see that documentary on the albatrosses on midway? They fly over the oceans picking up food for their off spring, lots of squid and bright coloured fish.... Anyhow the island is full of dead baby albatrosses, you cut them open and you know they find, dozens of bits of bright plastic, bottle tops, lighters, broken plastic forks... The bodies are decomposed like but the plastic is all new and shiny .... In little over a hundred years we've managed to completely fuck the entire planet up, to a point now where it's just not capable of sustaining humans... The only good thing is rich people, your going to die as well, your money won't save you this time, money in an instant will be turned into what it always was before the illusion... Scrap paper!.... The real commoditys the world will be love, warmth, food and water, the only four things you born needing but got lost in the culture of monetary policy.

And so to your big question of how will we get people to pick Brussel sprouts from a field... Who gives a flying fuck....

I wish you all the best, even though your all cunts who've ruined the planet for everybody for ever for a fucking week in benidorm or Florida or a fucking look at me in my new car and my new shoes aren't I doing well lifestyle..... ... I'm away on a big bird(that's a plane) (you've got me all pc now), so long and farewell

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Well the weather patterns are getting more bizarre by the year, the jet stream is slowing and meandering around all over the shop, at times it's crossing the equator!.... The artic circle is 20 degrees Celsius warmer than average the sea ice is disappearing faster than a budget under labour and the Tories say don't worry... Hey look over, there's a black guy sneaking in on lorry!.

30% of the planet lives in abject poverty, 80,000 children die every day from hunger, the four main grains that feed 40% of the planet are grown in three or four large inland areas which are going to be the very worst hit by the changing weather, the rains come a month early or a month late or sometimes they don't come at all, sometimes they never stop, we see 50 degrees+ plus now on a regular basis and we're "adding new colours to the weather map" so you bums can "visualise" the heat, the last 18 years are the warmest on record and every year it gets worse, "100 year" floods come every five years now and it's ok, it's a dredging problem or we can build the walls higher!.

The very richest worry about things 20 years in the future because they have nothing to worry about tomorrow while the very poorest couldn't give a fuck they just worry about eating tomorrow.... Were all living in delusional times, most of that delusion is created by the "interested" parties but a small part is your own, like the dentist or niggly pain you just don't want to think about it?....

In a few years time you're all going to have a wake up call... We don't actually over produce food anymore, yields have been dropping slightly year on year, we've basically turned the entire of the UK into housing and shopping malls anyhow....I remember those fuel protests years back, it only took a couple of tractors at stanlow and a few trucks turned round and viola weeks of no fuel, Everybody filled their tanks up full and whoosh it all went?.... Do you know it takes the same energy to melt 1 gram of ice as it takes to get 1 gram of water from 0 degrees to 80 degrees, next time your at a party you can check that out, your glass will stay pretty cold right up to the point where the ice is almost gone, just a tiny slither left... When it goes, your drink hits room temperature in 15-20 minutes!.... Did anyone see that documentary on the albatrosses on midway? They fly over the oceans picking up food for their off spring, lots of squid and bright coloured fish.... Anyhow the island is full of dead baby albatrosses, you cut them open and you know they find, dozens of bits of bright plastic, bottle tops, lighters, broken plastic forks... The bodies are decomposed like but the plastic is all new and shiny .... In little over a hundred years we've managed to completely fuck the entire planet up, to a point now where it's just not capable of sustaining humans... The only good thing is rich people, your going to die as well, your money won't save you this time, money in an instant will be turned into what it always was before the illusion... Scrap paper!.... The real commoditys the world will be love, warmth, food and water, the only four things you born needing but got lost in the culture of monetary policy.

And so to your big question of how will we get people to pick Brussel sprouts from a field... Who gives a flying fuck....

I wish you all the best, even though your all cunts who've ruined the planet for everybody for ever for a fucking week in benidorm or Florida or a fucking look at me in my new car and my new shoes aren't I doing well lifestyle..... ... I'm away on a big bird(that's a plane) (you've got me all pc now), so long and farewell "

Every now and then I read a post and think "Yep! you nailed it!"

This is one of them times, shame I don't know who posted it.

But GOOD POST!

And good luck.

over a year ago

"Well the weather patterns are getting more bizarre by the year, the jet stream is slowing and meandering around all over the shop, at times it's crossing the equator!.... The artic circle is 20 degrees Celsius warmer than average the sea ice is disappearing faster than a budget under labour and the Tories say don't worry... Hey look over, there's a black guy sneaking in on lorry!.

I wish you all the best, even though your all cunts who've ruined the planet for everybody for ever for a fucking week in benidorm or Florida or a fucking look at me in my new car and my new shoes aren't I doing well lifestyle..... ... I'm away on a big bird(that's a plane) (you've got me all pc now), so long and farewell

But GOOD POST!

And good luck."

I think it was The Doors or similar name, the environmentalist / activist guy

over a year ago

But GOOD POST!

And good luck.

I think it was The Doors or similar name, the environmentalist / activist guy"

Yes, it was thedoors who left. I reckon he will be back next week.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Yes, it was thedoors who left. I reckon he will be back next week."

That is a shame, he had principles and asked pointed questions. I hope he does return.

over a year ago

"Yes, it was thedoors who left. I reckon he will be back next week.

That is a shame, he had principles and asked pointed questions. I hope he does return."

Yes hope he comes back soon. I also liked him and his comments and views.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

That is a shame, he had principles and asked pointed questions. I hope he does return."

He was on here before as a couple, profile name 'sexybum'. Left for a few months on that profile then came back as a single guy profile called 'the doors'. So has previous form for leaving and coming back again.

over a year ago

"As the farmers is getting ready for brexit many have said they need immigrants to pick the fields, how do you see the farmers future and is there one and can britain support itself?

We have seen signs now with the vegetable shortage it could be a problem, what is your view on that the supermarkets throw away good food, just because it is not the perfect shape? "

The solution is the prison population.It happens in the usa and Australia. I Worked on farms in oz along side prisoners.Gets them out in the fresh air.I can see the government allowing private firms to hire from the prison population.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Lots of business relies on immigration to carry out different levels work.

Also UK unemployment stands at 1.6 million.

Lots of vacancies aren't applied for by uk citizens and are consequently filled by immigrants.

Of course the jobs in question need to truly meet minimum wage criteria, or the employers are acting illegally, but we have to get better at enticing UK nationals to move away from benefits into work.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"The solution is the prison population.It happens in the usa and Australia. I Worked on farms in oz along side prisoners.Gets them out in the fresh air.I can see the government allowing private firms to hire from the prison population. "

Right...

OK, are the prisoners going to be paid minimum wage?

Or are you proposing the reintroduction of penal servitude and therefore state slavery?

Regardless of either of the above. Considering that the POA are complaining about staff shortages in prisons being the cause of the rise in prison violence, how are you proposing to secure the prisoners working in the fields?

over a year ago

"The solution is the prison population.It happens in the usa and Australia. I Worked on farms in oz along side prisoners.Gets them out in the fresh air.I can see the government allowing private firms to hire from the prison population.

Right...

Or are you proposing the reintroduction of penal servitude and therefore state slavery?

Regardless of either of the above. Considering that the POA are complaining about staff shortages in prisons being the cause of the rise in prison violence, how are you proposing to secure the prisoners working in the fields?"

What they earned would pay for thier keep! Also you would not put violent prisoners to work would you ?

over a year ago

"The solution is the prison population.It happens in the usa and Australia. I Worked on farms in oz along side prisoners.Gets them out in the fresh air.I can see the government allowing private firms to hire from the prison population.

Right...

Regardless of either of the above. Considering that the POA are complaining about staff shortages in prisons being the cause of the rise in prison violence, how are you proposing to secure the prisoners working in the fields?

What they earned would pay for thier keep! Also you would not put violent prisoners to work would you ?"

i would imagine it would be minium wage and the prisoners would be selected on behaviour. The prisoners i picked veg alongside in Australia enjoyed being outside the prison environment.

over a year ago

Right...

Regardless of either of the above. Considering that the POA are complaining about staff shortages in prisons being the cause of the rise in prison violence, how are you proposing to secure the prisoners working in the fields?"

From my experience there was about 1 prison officer for every group of about 20.It wasn't forced labour they choose to work.The women backpackers were not allowed to work alongside them for obvious reasons.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Right...

What they earned would pay for thier keep! Also you would not put violent prisoners to work would you ? i would imagine it would be minium wage and the prisoners would be selected on behaviour. The prisoners i picked veg alongside in Australia enjoyed being outside the prison environment."

Using the prison population for jobs such as these has already been looked at by the government. As well as helping the farmers it also helps the prisoners with rehabilitation and getting a work ethic so they are less likely to re-offend when they are released from prison.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

Using the prison population for jobs such as these has already been looked at by the government. As well as helping the farmers it also helps the prisoners with rehabilitation and getting a work ethic so they are less likely to re-offend when they are released from prison. "

Perhaps it might help the unemployed to get a job if they didnt like working in the cold and wet

over a year ago

Right...

"

"

"

Prisoners should have to work as part of their punishment and no they shouldn't be paid and no that wouldn't be "state slavery", it would be part of their sentence.

Do you class unpaid community service "state slavery" then, I guess you do.

"

Considering that the POA are complaining about staff shortages in prisons being the cause of the rise in prison violence, how are you proposing to secure the prisoners working in the fields?

"

Big bloody chains round their necks

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Right...

One of the prisons right in the middle of the crops, North Sea Camp at Boston, allows some prisoners home at the weekends.

They return on the Sunday evening trains to Boston, nicknamed the Cons Express.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Right...

Prisoners should have to work as part of their punishment and no they shouldn't be paid and no that wouldn't be "state slavery", it would be part of their sentence.

Considering that the POA are complaining about staff shortages in prisons being the cause of the rise in prison violence, how are you proposing to secure the prisoners working in the fields?

Big bloody chains round their necks "

If anyone has seen the film cool hand luke starring Paul Newman the prisoners working on the chain gang have ankle chains on to stop them running away. However In the modern day world with advances in technology prisoners could be fitted with electronic ankle tags which can be used as a tracking device in the event of an escape.

over a year ago

Right...

If anyone has seen the film cool hand luke starring Paul Newman the prisoners working on the chain gang have ankle chains on to stop them running away. However In the modern day world with advances in technology prisoners could be fitted with electronic ankle tags which can be used as a tracking device in the event of an escape. "

you know they say history always repeat itself ..this all happened before in the USA what happen waso it started innocent with prisoners working the mines then things got greedy they realised they needed more labour and what happend people started to go to prison for nothing and everything all for profit..this is exactly what caused mass in castration in the US...most prisoners came from predominantly one race ..

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Right...

If anyone has seen the film cool hand luke starring Paul Newman the prisoners working on the chain gang have ankle chains on to stop them running away. However In the modern day world with advances in technology prisoners could be fitted with electronic ankle tags which can be used as a tracking device in the event of an escape. you know they say history always repeat itself ..this all happened before in the USA what happen waso it started innocent with prisoners working the mines then things got greedy they realised they needed more labour and what happend people started to go to prison for nothing and everything all for profit..this is exactly what caused mass in castration in the US...most prisoners came from predominantly one race .."

I don't think prisoners would be expected to work for nothing. As part of their rehabilitation they would be paid a small wage this then gets them into the habit of work for money reward, work ethic and would help them to get a Job once they leave prison instead of re offending.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

plenty of prisons have/had their own farms,have a friend who was an area manager for them and he said most of the prisoners wanted to work on them as it gave them a break from the routine, I would have thought that many wouldjump at the chance to earn a few pennies to do it

over a year ago

Right...

If anyone has seen the film cool hand luke starring Paul Newman the prisoners working on the chain gang have ankle chains on to stop them running away. However In the modern day world with advances in technology prisoners could be fitted with electronic ankle tags which can be used as a tracking device in the event of an escape. you know they say history always repeat itself ..this all happened before in the USA what happen waso it started innocent with prisoners working the mines then things got greedy they realised they needed more labour and what happend people started to go to prison for nothing and everything all for profit..this is exactly what caused mass in castration in the US...most prisoners came from predominantly one race ..

I don't think prisoners would be expected to work for nothing. As part of their rehabilitation they would be paid a small wage this then gets them into the habit of work for money reward, work ethic and would help them to get a Job once they leave prison instead of re offending. "

so would these prisoners then have the same employee rights to sick leave time off maximum hours of week that can be worked sick pay?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

If you don’t have immigrants to do it, you’re going to have to get Brits to do it. Brits don’t want to do it, its fucking hard work. To get them to do it, you’ll need to pay them more, and that will mean the price of the goods will go up.

over a year ago

"If you don’t have immigrants to do it, you’re going to have to get Brits to do it. Brits don’t want to do it, its fucking hard work. To get them to do it, you’ll need to pay them more, and that will mean the price of the goods will go up."

so?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"If you don’t have immigrants to do it, you’re going to have to get Brits to do it. Brits don’t want to do it, its fucking hard work. To get them to do it, you’ll need to pay them more, and that will mean the price of the goods will go up.

so?"

Well seeing as you can’t taste the difference between a carrot picked by a Brit or Pole or a Hungarian, I would rather pay the cheaper price.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"If you don’t have immigrants to do it, you’re going to have to get Brits to do it. Brits don’t want to do it, its fucking hard work. To get them to do it, you’ll need to pay them more, and that will mean the price of the goods will go up.

so?

Well seeing as you can’t taste the difference between a carrot picked by a Brit or Pole or a Hungarian, I would rather pay the cheaper price."

I'd rather it was picked by someone who had previously been on benefits. The welfare bill will be lower, along with all the consequential advantages to the country.

over a year ago

"plenty of prisons have/had their own farms,have a friend who was an area manager for them and he said most of the prisoners wanted to work on them as it gave them a break from the routine, I would have thought that many wouldjump at the chance to earn a few pennies to do it"

Yup I am sure given the choice of being banged up in a 12x13 room for 20 hours a day or out i the fresh air from sparrow fart to sundown and getting good grub to eat! I can't see too many turning that down

over a year ago

so?

Well seeing as you can’t taste the difference between a carrot picked by a Brit or Pole or a Hungarian, I would rather pay the cheaper price."

If your gong to pay someone to sit on thier ass doing nothing then they might as well do something for it

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

so?

Well seeing as you can’t taste the difference between a carrot picked by a Brit or Pole or a Hungarian, I would rather pay the cheaper price.

I'd rather it was picked by someone who had previously been on benefits. The welfare bill will be lower, along with all the consequential advantages to the country."

Well I’m sure you’ll be feeling just as smug when even more people have to visit their local food banks because they can no longer afford the cost of food. Just because you can afford to pay more for food, for no good reason, doesn’t mean that everyone can.

over a year ago

so?

I'd rather it was picked by someone who had previously been on benefits. The welfare bill will be lower, along with all the consequential advantages to the country.

Well I’m sure you’ll be feeling just as smug when even more people have to visit their local food banks because they can no longer afford the cost of food. Just because you can afford to pay more for food, for no good reason, doesn’t mean that everyone can."

well if people are off benefits and working they may be able to afford the food they are picking instead of going to the food bank and if the benefit bill is lowered tax rates might be lowered so that people can afford the higher prices. Food is cheaper now than its ever been anyway

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Well I’m sure you’ll be feeling just as smug when even more people have to visit their local food banks because they can no longer afford the cost of food. Just because you can afford to pay more for food, for no good reason, doesn’t mean that everyone can."

I won't be feeling smug about anything. Peoples misfortunes never has a good side (for me, anyway)

There is no reason for food prices to increase. If the immigrants are doing the work they SHOULD be doing it for minimum wage. If not it needs to stop. The Uk population on benefit should take the work at that same rate. The prices should therefore remain the same.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Well I’m sure you’ll be feeling just as smug when even more people have to visit their local food banks because they can no longer afford the cost of food. Just because you can afford to pay more for food, for no good reason, doesn’t mean that everyone can.

I won't be feeling smug about anything. Peoples misfortunes never has a good side (for me, anyway)

There is no reason for food prices to increase. If the immigrants are doing the work they SHOULD be doing it for minimum wage. If not it needs to stop. The Uk population on benefit should take the work at that same rate. The prices should therefore remain the same."

If Brits would do the same work for the same pay, then why would we need to get immigrants to come here to do it? Brits won’t do the work for the same pay, everyone knows that.

over a year ago

"

There is no reason for food prices to increase. If the immigrants are doing the work they SHOULD be doing it for minimum wage. If not it needs to stop. The Uk population on benefit should take the work at that same rate. The prices should therefore remain the same.

If Brits would do the same work for the same pay, then why would we need to get immigrants to come here to do it? Brits won’t do the work for the same pay, everyone knows that."

That is right, there was a program about a farmer and he said he wouldnt employ a brit because they dont work hard.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

If Brits would do the same work for the same pay, then why would we need to get immigrants to come here to do it? Brits won’t do the work for the same pay, everyone knows that."

We have 1.6 million unemployed. The immigrants are needed because a large proportion of those people 'won't' do the work. Well if work is available, as it is, and you won't take it then there should be a benefit penalty for that. We cannot just pay people to do nothing, and at the same time bring in people who are willing.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

That is right, there was a program about a farmer and he said he wouldnt employ a brit because they dont work hard."

That's right, they were a shambolic bunch. But is the solution to say 'ok, you're so useless you can't pick broccoli, just go home and we'll pay you anyway' ??

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"

That is right, there was a program about a farmer and he said he wouldnt employ a brit because they dont work hard.

That's right, they were a shambolic bunch. But is the solution to say 'ok, you're so useless you can't pick broccoli, just go home and we'll pay you anyway' ??"

Come on now, don't infringe on their human rights now!

over a year ago

"

If Brits would do the same work for the same pay, then why would we need to get immigrants to come here to do it? Brits won’t do the work for the same pay, everyone knows that.

We have 1.6 million unemployed. The immigrants are needed because a large proportion of those people 'won't' do the work. Well if work is available, as it is, and you won't take it then there should be a benefit penalty for that. We cannot just pay people to do nothing, and at the same time bring in people who are willing."

But being realistic a lot of those out of work will not be in agricultural areas, the answer is to pay more for the job. If that means slightly higher food prices then so be it

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

But being realistic a lot of those out of work will not be in agricultural areas, the answer is to pay more for the job. If that means slightly higher food prices then so be it"

Do you mean so non-local people travel there to do it?

over a year ago

"

That's right, they were a shambolic bunch. But is the solution to say 'ok, you're so useless you can't pick broccoli, just go home and we'll pay you anyway' ??"

It was a good program and he said it like that as it was for tv, he could of used other words instead, he should of said you are not what we are looking for.

over a year ago

"

But being realistic a lot of those out of work will not be in agricultural areas, the answer is to pay more for the job. If that means slightly higher food prices then so be it

Do you mean so non-local people travel there to do it?"

Maybe or people who are willing to work hard for more move from their current minimum wage jobs creating vacancies for the unemployed

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"

Do you mean so non-local people travel there to do it?"

If you want to get rich, set up a coach company in the Lincolnshire area. They bus in thousands every day into the food processing factories, some from 40 miles away. The majority of them are migrants that want to work

over a year ago

Benefits should change to State employment.

Those able to work should be put to work in their local community or on a agency basis for the hours equal their benefit amount at at least the minimum wage.

over a year ago

Right...

10 years for a few blunts...

A personal development opportunity. To learn the value of work (for cents on the minimum wage dollar)

If anyone has seen the film cool hand luke starring Paul Newman the prisoners working on the chain gang have ankle chains on to stop them running away. However In the modern day world with advances in technology prisoners could be fitted with electronic ankle tags which can be used as a tracking device in the event of an escape. you know they say history always repeat itself ..this all happened before in the USA what happen waso it started innocent with prisoners working the mines then things got greedy they realised they needed more labour and what happend people started to go to prison for nothing and everything all for profit..this is exactly what caused mass in castration in the US...most prisoners came from predominantly one race ..

I don't think prisoners would be expected to work for nothing. As part of their rehabilitation they would be paid a small wage this then gets them into the habit of work for money reward, work ethic and would help them to get a Job once they leave prison instead of re offending. "

over a year ago

And while a bit excited he's mostly dead right.

over a year ago

Right...

What they earned would pay for thier keep! Also you would not put violent prisoners to work would you ?"

Nice tabloid is with the use of the word violent there

Not all people locked away are so

over a year ago

Farmers are some of the moaniest buggers on planet Earth (and any other planet with agriculture). Most of them whinged about the EU regulations and competition. Moaning is part of their tradition and culture. They also plead poverty but stroll around in John Deer tractors worth houses.

Most of the year, England is pretty nice weather wise. So l don't understand this notion that Brits won't work in a field (out of work steel workers mostly did it until 2004) for min wage in mostly decent weather but will work in ASDA for it; especially young men who don't mind physical work. When you have greedy farmers paying them sweat shops rates, they can't expect Brits to work for that when the cost of living is astronomical.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Farmers are some of the moaniest buggers on planet Earth (and any other planet with agriculture). Most of them whinged about the EU regulations and competition. Moaning is part of their tradition and culture. They also plead poverty but stroll around in John Deer tractors worth houses.

Most of the year, England is pretty nice weather wise. So l don't understand this notion that Brits won't work in a field (out of work steel workers mostly did it until 2004) for min wage in mostly decent weather but will work in ASDA for it; especially young men who don't mind physical work. When you have greedy farmers paying them sweat shops rates, they can't expect Brits to work for that when the cost of living is astronomical.

"

Combine Harvesters are not cheap either, cost a lot more than a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, if you can afford to buy one of those you are certainly not poor.

over a year ago

"Farmers are some of the moaniest buggers on planet Earth (and any other planet with agriculture). Most of them whinged about the EU regulations and competition. Moaning is part of their tradition and culture. They also plead poverty but stroll around in John Deer tractors worth houses.

Combine Harvesters are not cheap either, cost a lot more than a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, if you can afford to buy one of those you are certainly not poor. "

precision farming;

Tractors & Combines fitted with top Sat Nav GPS - The technology can also help map which parts of a field yield the best crop, to allow fertilisers to be targeted precisely where they are needed - cutting costs and environmental impacts of farming

The global positioning system (GPS) in agricultural vehicles and automatic steering enables harvesting without the need for daylight

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

"

I see your knowledge of agriculture is on a par with the rest of your posts....

Ever actually met a farmer or been to a farm?

over a year ago

Ever actually met a farmer or been to a farm?"

Yes. My sister's ex husband had a farm in Newton Mearns. Nice fallacy though.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Ever actually met a farmer or been to a farm?

Yes. My sister's ex husband had a farm in Newton Mearns. Nice fallacy though. "

And yet you know so little about both farmers and farming....

I guess you probably don't pay attention to people other than yourself.

By *oyce69Man
over a year ago

Driffield

Combine Harvesters are not cheap either, cost a lot more than a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, if you can afford to buy one of those you are certainly not poor.

precision farming;

Tractors & Combines fitted with top Sat Nav GPS - The technology can also help map which parts of a field yield the best crop, to allow fertilisers to be targeted precisely where they are needed - cutting costs and environmental impacts of farming

The global positioning system (GPS) in agricultural vehicles and automatic steering enables harvesting without the need for daylight"

If you can buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini you have money to burn, if your spending money on a tractor or a combine it's because you would probably out of business without it.

Post new Message to Thread