Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Tim Farron.....knobhead?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just watched him on Sophie Rudge on sky.

Demanding a second referendum as he said people did not know they were voting to leave the single market.

Made to look a buffoon......shown quotes from before the vote from Cameron, Osborne, Tusk, several leading economists, Bank of England....even himself!.....ALL saying leaving EU means leaving single market.

Did he not listen to the debate? Was he not involved? I don't know a single person, from either side, who wasn't perfectly clear what they were voting on. He is basically calling all voters thick....and he hopes his party will gain ground....(actually given their starting point they probably will anyway!)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Just watched him on Sophie Rudge on sky.

Demanding a second referendum as he said people did not know they were voting to leave the single market.

Made to look a buffoon......shown quotes from before the vote from Cameron, Osborne, Tusk, several leading economists, Bank of England....even himself!.....ALL saying leaving EU means leaving single market.

Did he not listen to the debate? Was he not involved? I don't know a single person, from either side, who wasn't perfectly clear what they were voting on. He is basically calling all voters thick....and he hopes his party will gain ground....(actually given their starting point they probably will anyway!)"

I agree with you 100%,not only he is a knobhead but he seems to think that the British people are thick and he knows better.

To me he does not believe in democracy and has no right to sit in parliament along with the rest of his party,they should be banned in my view

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's politics, the libs got a hammering from the coalition and now there positioning themselves to gain ground with remain voters

By *leasure domMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Why the question mark?

Some things are eminently self-evident.

Like his predecessor, that unprincipled scoundrel is an utter disgrace.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Tim Farron is an anti-democratic irrelevant pip squeak. End of thread.

over a year ago

to be honest the lib dems are now about as relevant as a pressure group, so I suppose hes got to keep them in the public eye somehow

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

It is funny how all these brexit supporters are saying that an out vote automatically meant leaving the single market and the customs union and we all knew that when I was re watching Boris prior to the referendum saying it didn't.

Someones lying. Was it Boris? Is it the pro brexit lobby now? Or is it both of them?

I think Tim Farron has a very good point. I also think the reason so many brexiteers are so voluble in demanding that we leave now with no further questions to the British public is because they know that a significant number of voters would not vote the same way again today.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Watch this space. The Lib Dems are growing faster than any other political party in terms of membership numbers and they are the only party with a clear, fully aligned and concise message about the EU.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"It is funny how all these brexit supporters are saying that an out vote automatically meant leaving the single market and the customs union and we all knew that when I was re watching Boris prior to the referendum saying it didn't.

Someones lying. Was it Boris? Is it the pro brexit lobby now? Or is it both of them?

I think Tim Farron has a very good point. I also think the reason so many brexiteers are so voluble in demanding that we leave now with no further questions to the British public is because they know that a significant number of voters would not vote the same way again today."

Calling you out on your bullshit. As the OP pointed out all the leading figures of both the campaigns, Leave and Remain made it clear that a vote to leave meant leaving the single market. They are all on public record saying so , the videos are freely available on various forms of social media of them saying this. You pick out Boris Johnson in particular, he did say a vote to Leave meant leaving the single market. When Michael Gove was interviewed on The Andrew Marr show before the vote he was asked the question "should we leave the single Market? " then Gove replied "Yes we should leave the single market". Later a journalist asked Boris "Michael Gove said we should Leave the single market. Is he right? " Boris replied "Yes Michael is right". How clear do you want it to be?

All the vote Leave material is on public record. The campaign material made it clear to take back control of our borders and immigration (to achieve this it means leaving the single market). It also made clear we should be free to make our own trade deals around the world (to achieve this it means leaving the customs union). It also made clear to take back control of our laws and our sovereignty (to achieve this it means leaving the European Court of Justice). It couldn't have been made clearer.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Watch this space. The Lib Dems are growing faster than any other political party in terms of membership numbers and they are the only party with a clear, fully aligned and concise message about the EU. "

Wrong. Ukip also have a fully aligned and concise message about the EU. Lib dems want to Remain, Ukip want to Leave. Labour are a split party on it and the Conservatives are also split to some degree though not as much as Labour. Ukip have also seen their membership numbers increase in recent months.

By *leasure domMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It is funny how all these brexit supporters are saying that an out vote automatically meant leaving the single market and the customs union and we all knew that when I was re watching Boris prior to the referendum saying it didn't.

I think Tim Farron has a very good point. I also think the reason so many brexiteers are so voluble in demanding that we leave now with no further questions to the British public is because they know that a significant number of voters would not vote the same way again today.

Calling you out on your bullshit. As the OP pointed out all the leading figures of both the campaigns, Leave and Remain made it clear that a vote to leave meant leaving the single market. They are all on public record saying so , the videos are freely available on various forms of social media of them saying this. You pick out Boris Johnson in particular, he did say a vote to Leave meant leaving the single market. When Michael Gove was interviewed on The Andrew Marr show before the vote he was asked the question "should we leave the single Market? " then Gove replied "Yes we should leave the single market". Later a journalist asked Boris "Michael Gove said we should Leave the single market. Is he right? " Boris replied "Yes Michael is right". How clear do you want it to be?

All the vote Leave material is on public record. The campaign material made it clear to take back control of our borders and immigration (to achieve this it means leaving the single market). It also made clear we should be free to make our own trade deals around the world (to achieve this it means leaving the customs union). It also made clear to take back control of our laws and our sovereignty (to achieve this it means leaving the European Court of Justice). It couldn't have been made clearer. "

Damn you and your pesky facts!

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

UKIP Menbership is declining from an all time high of 39,000 and now the party is totally reliant on Sugar Daddy Banks to even exist.

LibDem Membership has passed an all time high of 80,000 and is still growing with no reliance on beneficiaries to exist.

There is only one political party that has a clear and concise message for those who reject division, hatred and aggression.

By *iss kitty glosWoman
over a year ago

gloucester

Membership and what ppl vote for in a closed vote lib dems dot 1.4 million less votes at the last election than ukip and hold 8 seats and snp got 2.4 million less votes and hold 56 now I'm not a fan of ukip but how is that a representation of what the country thinks when ppl who weren't voted for hold more power than those who weren't. At least the Brexit vote was fair.

over a year ago

"Just watched him on Sophie Rudge on sky.

Did he not listen to the debate? Was he not involved? I don't know a single person, from either side, who wasn't perfectly clear what they were voting on. He is basically calling all voters thick....and he hopes his party will gain ground....(actually given their starting point they probably will anyway!)I agree with you 100%,not only he is a knobhead but he seems to think that the British people are thick and he knows better.

To me he does not believe in democracy and has no right to sit in parliament along with the rest of his party,they should be banned in my view"

He is a snake in the grass just like his predecessor

The Liberal Democrats will say or do anything just to gain a few more votes from stubborn remainers with tunnel vision.

The people of the UK know only too well what the Lib Dems are like and that is why everyone laughs and cannot take the Lib Dems serious.

Its sad that Tim Farron actually gets paid for what he does.

over a year ago

The people wont vote ukip in great numbers theyre not retards.ukip has one policy and thats out eu.Liberals will pick up a few Tory votes by siding with remainers as nobody is siding with the remainers.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"The people wont vote ukip in great numbers theyre not retards.ukip has one policy and thats out eu.Liberals will pick up a few Tory votes by siding with remainers as nobody is siding with the remainers."

UKip are going to pick up Labour votes now. Just watch Paul Nuttall win the Stoke by election in a few weeks time.

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

to OP's question ......yes

over a year ago

He can whinge and whine as much as he likes and will probably cause a load of mischief which in a democracy he is entitled to do, it's what he gets paid for and his constituents no doubt were in a majority for remain so are entitled to his representation.

It's necessary in a democracy to have effective opposition to a position otherwise we become a dictatorship. Surely no one wants that. Luckily we have a electoral system that means the referendum result will probably go through.

Luckily for the leavers it was based on a simple majority so people. It should be born in mind that 48% of the population did vote to remain so it's enough not to be shouted down all the time. Let the man speak if he wants to. It's important that they do really.

over a year ago

Does make me laugh

The vast majority of people would normally agree that politicians lie so much you can't really believe them until they do what they actually said they would........

But.....

This Brexit bollocks about leaving the single market if we voted leave....well people are now claiming it was as good as written in Law, politicians said it would happen so , so IT MUST BE TRUE, IT MUST HAPPEN!!

convieantly ignoring the £350 million a week for the NHS shite that was paraded around

The only thing binding to any extent was what was on the referendum ballot slip, LEAVE or STAY , and that wasn't even fucking binding anyway.

It's so funny how people cherry pick what politicians say that they hold them to account over.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"Calling you out on your bullshit. As the OP pointed out all the leading figures of both the campaigns, Leave and Remain made it clear that a vote to leave meant leaving the single market."

Boris saying he would vote to leave the EU but we should stay in the single market:

https://youtu.be/X7Mhokzv-jw

Of course there is this clip of him saying that there will be £350 million a week to spend on public services including the NHS:

https://youtu.be/84xcD9ylK2o

He now admits there will have to be cuts not extra money.

Maybe this piece of garbage has slipped your memory:

https://youtu.be/yIYq5xMW98I

It does not matter what lies the remain side told (but I would remind you we are still in the EU and wont truly know if they did lie until we leave). What matters is the lies provable now told by the leave side and they invalidate the result.

And while you are trying to shut me up remember I voted leave, not because I am anti EU but because I am pro EU and until the likes of you are faced with the stark

reality of us being a little country fading into obscurity, that cant get past the fact that the empire is gone we are a cancer within the EU. If we want to be more than that our future is as a part of an integrated federal Europe. Of course you think I am wrong. In fact it would not surprise me to hear that you think I am some kind of traitor.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

What was the question on the ballot paper? The only information from a referendum is the answer to that question.

Is that true or not?

It was not a vote for a political party or a manifesto it was a binary yes/no decision. Any other claims about knowing what people voted for is simply untrue. There is no information.

As a parliamentary democracy, as the government was not elected on any policy about leaving the EU it is up to them to decide and if they think that should involve a further referendum or any other criteria then so be it. That is the democracy that we live in.

If a government is elected it does not mean that nobody can oppose it.

The referendum was a 4% margin. Think about that. That requires consensus and compromise to make a policy work for everyone. The decisions being made are not to only benefit the 52% of leave voters. They are to benefit 100% of the population unless there is a desire to punish some people.

If you don't like what he looks like then it's not worth a response. The position is politically valid though. It simply requires that the population agrees to the deal negotiated to leave the EU. Why should that not be allowed?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Farron made a complete twat of himself yesterday at Prime Ministers questions. When Tory MP Peter Bone pointed out that the historic Brexit debate was happening yesterday which Tim Farron and the Lib dems were so vocal and enthusiastic in saying this was what they wanted for the last several weeks and months, Tim Farron and the 8 other Lib dem MP's couldn't even be bothered to attend for much of it. By contrast Conservative, Labour and SNP MP's were there for much longer duration of time.

Tim Farron stood up to respond and said "I'm here now" and was met with laughter and ridicule from the house. Tim Farron and the Lib dems are nothing more than a joke.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"What was the question on the ballot paper? The only information from a referendum is the answer to that question.

Is that true or not?

It was not a vote for a political party or a manifesto it was a binary yes/no decision. Any other claims about knowing what people voted for is simply untrue. There is no information.

As a parliamentary democracy, as the government was not elected on any policy about leaving the EU it is up to them to decide and if they think that should involve a further referendum or any other criteria then so be it. That is the democracy that we live in.

If a government is elected it does not mean that nobody can oppose it.

The referendum was a 4% margin. Think about that. That requires consensus and compromise to make a policy work for everyone. The decisions being made are not to only benefit the 52% of leave voters. They are to benefit 100% of the population unless there is a desire to punish some people.

If you don't like what he looks like then it's not worth a response. The position is politically valid though. It simply requires that the population agrees to the deal negotiated to leave the EU. Why should that not be allowed? "

Any answers?

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

[Removed by poster at 04/02/17 01:04:59]

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"Farron made a complete twat of himself yesterday at Prime Ministers questions. When Tory MP Peter Bone pointed out that the historic Brexit debate was happening yesterday which Tim Farron and the Lib dems were so vocal and enthusiastic in saying this was what they wanted for the last several weeks and months, Tim Farron and the 8 other Lib dem MP's couldn't even be bothered to attend for much of it. By contrast Conservative, Labour and SNP MP's were there for much longer duration of time.

Tim Farron stood up to respond and said "I'm here now" and was met with laughter and ridicule from the house. Tim Farron and the Lib dems are nothing more than a joke. "

It's pretty obvious why. They already knew their position and there was no white paper to debate. Only the vote was relevant to them.

Labour MPs were being whipped and wanted to be convinced to defy that or not.

The Conservatives were not allowed to leave the House all day.

Perception is reality I guess. Alternative reality maybe just as good as actual reality. Better even

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

Seems the people of Rotherham don't think he is a twat.

Out of interest, how have the lib dems been doing in elections over the last six or seven months?

Post new Message to Thread