Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Leave Means Leave

Jump to newest

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

There appears to be a new campaign now called Leave Means Leave a few Tory MPs pushing May to Invoke Article 50 sooner rather than later it will be interesting to see if she does.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Why rush it when we are not ready for it?

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Why rush it when we are not ready for it? "

I did,nt say they were right did I.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"There appears to be a new campaign now called Leave Means Leave a few Tory MPs pushing May to Invoke Article 50 sooner rather than later it will be interesting to see if she does."

There is also another Brexit group formed by Labour MP Gisella Stuart and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson called "Change for Britain". Rather than pushing for article 50 to be invoked quicker though the main aim of Change for Britain is to put pressure on the government to deliver a hard Brexit rather than a soft Brexit.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"There appears to be a new campaign now called Leave Means Leave a few Tory MPs pushing May to Invoke Article 50 sooner rather than later it will be interesting to see if she does.

There is also another Brexit group formed by Labour MP Gisella Stuart and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson called "Change for Britain". Rather than pushing for article 50 to be invoked quicker though the main aim of Change for Britain is to put pressure on the government to deliver a hard Brexit rather than a soft Brexit. "

That sounds like a better option.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A new campaign may be starting to outlaw the word "brexit".

Even though it's reported to be a very new slag word that hasn't made it into the Oxford dictionary scene yet, sources revealed it's flying high on the Urban dictionary chart and it's already surpassed the amount of times people around the world throughout time have uttered the word "Fuck" "Shit" and even "Profile help"

Just the mention of the word "brexit" could soon entail a lengthy prison sentence or forced to become a sympathy shagger to the most unfortunate and under privileged group the "UNLOS" brigade.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A new campaign may be starting to outlaw the word "brexit".

Even though it's reported to be a very new slag word that hasn't made it into the Oxford dictionary scene yet, sources revealed it's flying high on the Urban dictionary chart and it's already surpassed the amount of times people around the world throughout time have uttered the word "Fuck" "Shit" and even "Profile help"

Just the mention of the word "brexit" could soon entail a lengthy prison sentence or forced to become a sympathy shagger to the most unfortunate and under privileged group the "UNLOS" brigade.

"

I call bullshit on both those sources.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"There appears to be a new campaign now called Leave Means Leave a few Tory MPs pushing May to Invoke Article 50 sooner rather than later it will be interesting to see if she does.

There is also another Brexit group formed by Labour MP Gisella Stuart and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson called "Change for Britain". Rather than pushing for article 50 to be invoked quicker though the main aim of Change for Britain is to put pressure on the government to deliver a hard Brexit rather than a soft Brexit. "

And which is also whitewashing out of history the ridiculous lies and claims that BREXIT made.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

There is also another Brexit group formed by Labour MP Gisella Stuart and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson called "Change for Britain". Rather than pushing for article 50 to be invoked quicker though the main aim of Change for Britain is to put pressure on the government to deliver a hard Brexit rather than a soft Brexit.

And which is also whitewashing out of history the ridiculous lies and claims that BREXIT made. "

And what about the ridiculous lies that Remain made they were no better than each other. David Cameron decided to give the UK people a referendum with no plan if we voted out and ended up going from the PM of the UK to nobody in less than 3 months, what guy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tim Farron and his phone box party [Limp Dems] are also trying to whitewash history....as in the result of the referendum.

I know there are mixed feelings on here....bremoaners who are not happy with the result etc. But most have accepted it. Not our Tim it seems. Still calling for a second referendum. He says the second one would "of course" be binding. Yet strangely he seems to think the first one should not be....?

Isn't this what the EU did with Ireland and Netherlands when they voted against treaty changes.....told them "that's the wrong result", please vote again until you get it right! A very strange concept of democracy!

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

So how are you going to "democratically" approve the solution that eventually is proposed?

Do you want a choice?

Or you are happy to let the politicians agree the final solution?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So how are you going to "democratically" approve the solution that eventually is proposed?

Do you want a choice?

"

That's what happened with the treaty after treaty that was imposed by Brussels during our membership of the common market-- EEC--EU. In 1975 we ratified membership of something totally different to the beurocratic and undemocratic juggernaut that the EU has become. All the changes, basically imposed by unelected Brusselcrats. At least we elect our government.

It just seems hypocrisy for a fully signed up supporter of the EU, like Tim Farron to even use the word democracy.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"So how are you going to "democratically" approve the solution that eventually is proposed?

Do you want a choice?

"

strange how many remoaners wanted parliament to debate the result as they believed they could get the result overturned there yet now some want another vote on any deal, tell me what happens if there was a vote and it rejected the vote what the hell would happen ? Do you really think that a new deal would be agreed or are you saying that we then ignore the first vote, it is just pathetic that people who are meant to be intelligent can suggest such a course of action

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Do you want a choice?

strange how many remoaners wanted parliament to debate the result as they believed they could get the result overturned there yet now some want another vote on any deal, tell me what happens if there was a vote and it rejected the vote what the hell would happen ? Do you really think that a new deal would be agreed or are you saying that we then ignore the first vote, it is just pathetic that people who are meant to be intelligent can suggest such a course of action"

Doesn't matter a damn to me what you do in UK, though it's fascinating watching what's going on;

The UK is sadly such a laughing stock for having a vote on something with no idea what it meant, and for the exiters now tearing themselves apart trying to work out what to do.

As always " the louder they shout, the less they have to say". Funny how whenever someone asks a BREXITer "what's the plan?" " how is this going to work?" , they just stamp their little feet and attack the questioner with insults.

I have good money on BREXIT never happening.

Which is a pity. It needs to happen quickly do everyone else can get on with life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If the EU knew we we're going to have yet another referendum once a "brexit deal" had been agreed as to wether we accept it and still leave then the EU would not give an inch on anything.

They would impose as harsh a break away dead as possible knowing it may well sway the next "brexit" vote to stay.

The EU need to know we are leaving and if they want to have trade both ways then they may have to back down on a lot of there demanding bull shit.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"

The EU need to know we are leaving and if they want to have trade both ways then they may have to back down on a lot of there demanding bull shit."

I think the boot is on the other foot ;

If UK wants to trade both ways, it has to back down on its demanding bullshit, realize that it's just another small nation that wants some trade, and get a dose of reality.

Given that is already happening if you listen carefully to the things that Johnson, Fox and Davis are actually saying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You may be right, thing is no fucker knows lol

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"You may be right, thing is no fucker knows lol

"

Shock horror! You are not suggesting that people voted to leave without asking what the result and the future set up would be?

Or having any idea what was going to happen?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You may be right, thing is no fucker knows lol

Shock horror! You are not suggesting that people voted to leave without asking what the result and the future set up would be?

Or having any idea what was going to happen?

"

Oh I know, I voted to remain only because I thought it was better the devil you know where as leaving we had no fucking clue other than most leavers I talked too thought we'd be kicking foreigners out of the country the next day

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

The EU need to know we are leaving and if they want to have trade both ways then they may have to back down on a lot of there demanding bull shit.

If UK wants to trade both ways, it has to back down on its demanding bullshit, realize that it's just another small nation that wants some trade, and get a dose of reality.

Given that is already happening if you listen carefully to the things that Johnson, Fox and Davis are actually saying."

I think a lot of Brexiters believe that the rest of the world will bend to our will simply because we are British!!!

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

It will all be fine in a years time;

Queen Victoria will rise from the grave, the map of the world will go red again,

British soldiers with red jackets will once again stroll across the globe with impunity, shooting any uppity natives with their trusty Martini-Henry rifles, the primitive nations will prostrate themselves before the British Empire, grateful for the crumbs off the table.

While stout yeoman farmers walk contentedly behind their horses as they plough the fields, and the great industrial steel mills " oop north" supply the world with fine British steel.

The thought would bring tears to a glass eye

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

Given that is already happening if you listen carefully to the things that Johnson, Fox and Davis are actually saying.

I think a lot of Brexiters believe that the rest of the world will bend to our will simply because we are British!!! "

What a load of bullshit trade works both ways they have things we want we have thinks they want. If they want to make things hard to hurt us they are only hurting them selves.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Do you want a choice?

strange how many remoaners wanted parliament to debate the result as they believed they could get the result overturned there yet now some want another vote on any deal, tell me what happens if there was a vote and it rejected the vote what the hell would happen ? Do you really think that a new deal would be agreed or are you saying that we then ignore the first vote, it is just pathetic that people who are meant to be intelligent can suggest such a course of action"

whilst not being one of those you refer to despite voting to remain, there will need to be a vote I believe to repeal the act of Parliament passed in 72 which started the whole process of joining etc..

so if that is the case then there will be a vote at some point on the final draft of the negotiations whenever they conclude..

who knows what will occur politically and globally before then which may have an effect on the UK..

certainly I would expect that the current PM if they have any sense to put it to the elected representatives of the people, if (and its a big word) there are area's that they know will not be popular with some of the electorate..

there are many valid points of view for all of us now and being able to raise them and debate them in a civil manner without the quite frankly childish name calling can only be a good thing, we are all 'Brexiters' now that's the democratic position and its not moaning to raise such issue's..

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

" we are all 'Brexiters' now that's the democratic position and its not moaning to raise such issue's..

"

I keep seeing this idiotic comment .

It's as stupid as saying " we are all Tories " because there is a Tory government . And that " now welfare all Tories, there is no need for any more general elections, ever, because we are now all Tories.

Just because BREXIT won, it doesn't mean those who " lost" suddenly change their minds .

There will continue to be many people who still wish to remain, and once you have left will want to rejoin.

Or do you now want thought control to ensure everyone has the same thoughts, now one side has " won"?

The "democratic position" is that the vote went one particular way, and so the country will do what the majority wanted, ( though it is not following accepted parliamentary process) and in a democracy, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion of dissent, and to request further democratic decision making if there is enough demand.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" we are all 'Brexiters' now that's the democratic position and its not moaning to raise such issue's..

It's as stupid as saying " we are all Tories " because there is a Tory government . And that " now welfare all Tories, there is no need for any more general elections, ever, because we are now all Tories.

Just because BREXIT won, it doesn't mean those who " lost" suddenly change their minds .

There will continue to be many people who still wish to remain, and once you have left will want to rejoin.

Or do you now want thought control to ensure everyone has the same thoughts, now one side has " won"?

The "democratic position" is that the vote went one particular way, and so the country will do what the majority wanted, ( though it is not following accepted parliamentary process) and in a democracy, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion of dissent, and to request further democratic decision making if there is enough demand.

"

What do you care? Why not just put your hands up and surrender like the french have always done? Vichy anyone?!

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

What do you care? Why not just put your hands up and surrender like the french have always done? Vichy anyone?! "

I won't rise to that except to tell you to read some history .

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's probably best to see what they propose before we all start the next civil war!

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"It's probably best to see what they propose before we all start the next civil war! "

Actually, now you mention it, maybe a North/South split would be a good idea? It worked out well in Vietnam and Korea, right?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's probably best to see what they propose before we all start the next civil war!

Actually, now you mention it, maybe a North/South split would be a good idea? It worked out well in Vietnam and Korea, right? "

You forgot about that other big union with a north/south split... The USA

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"Tim Farron and his phone box party [Limp Dems] are also trying to whitewash history....as in the result of the referendum.

I know there are mixed feelings on here....bremoaners who are not happy with the result etc. But most have accepted it. Not our Tim it seems. Still calling for a second referendum. He says the second one would "of course" be binding. Yet strangely he seems to think the first one should not be....?

Isn't this what the EU did with Ireland and Netherlands when they voted against treaty changes.....told them "that's the wrong result", please vote again until you get it right! A very strange concept of democracy!"

I don't know whether Brexiters purposely propagate totally incorrect information or they just don't understand what they are reading and therefore decide for themselves what they think it means.

Tim Farron is quite rightly asking that the country has a final say on the final Brexit deal and that is inherent common sense.

The U.K. is a first world country and it cannot break international laws. It is tied to a treaty that it needs to negotiate its way out of whilst trying to get the best deal for UK citizens in Europe, Banking arrangements (the real elephant in the room), trade, rights of EU citizens in the UK etc etc. Whatever that final picture looks like it is absolutely going to impact the UK for longer than we will all be alive.

Brexit does not just mean Brexit. I know it is hard for those who just want a quick and simple solution, but it won't be quick, it won't be simple and it won't be unanimously popular.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

we are all brexiters though, as we would have been remainers if the vote had gone the other way..

it's not idiotic, its reality of the here and now despite how one voted..

just where did I say that those including myself have changed their minds?

one either accepts the situation and gets the fuck on with it now and in the future or does one just go around mumbling yeah but I voted to remain..

again where did I say anything about the same thoughts, read what I wrote which is the opposite ffs..

talk about reading what one thinks someone says and going off on a tangent, m8 that is idiotic..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

The U.K. is a first world country and it cannot break international laws. It is tied to a treaty that it needs to negotiate its way out of whilst trying to get the best deal for UK citizens in Europe, Banking arrangements (the real elephant in the room), trade, rights of EU citizens in the UK etc etc. Whatever that final picture looks like it is absolutely going to impact the UK for longer than we will all be alive.

Brexit does not just mean Brexit. I know it is hard for those who just want a quick and simple solution, but it won't be quick, it won't be simple and it won't be unanimously popular."

this..

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"Tim Farron and his phone box party [Limp Dems] are also trying to whitewash history....as in the result of the referendum.

Isn't this what the EU did with Ireland and Netherlands when they voted against treaty changes.....told them "that's the wrong result", please vote again until you get it right! A very strange concept of democracy!

I don't know whether Brexiters purposely propagate totally incorrect information or they just don't understand what they are reading and therefore decide for themselves what they think it means.

Tim Farron is quite rightly asking that the country has a final say on the final Brexit deal and that is inherent common sense.

Brexit does not just mean Brexit. I know it is hard for those who just want a quick and simple solution, but it won't be quick, it won't be simple and it won't be unanimously popular."

Completely barking mad, do you REALLY think the eu would negotiate in good faith and strike a deal that is good for BOTH sides if we had to have a vote on it, of course not they would say no trade no holidays no movement etc etc knowing that they wouldnt ever have to worry about the consequences as most would vote against, unless of course the UK thought we arent falling for that shit and still vote out that really would wind up the eu businesses losing out on all the trade, sorry but Farron really is an idiot

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't understand why certain politicians keep saying those who voted leave voted for a "blank sheet"?

Leave means leave - EU membership. That means all that being a member involves, such as the single market, freedom of movement etc

Its up to the government we elected to iron out details like trade agreements. Like they will agree trade deals with other countries. Or are they proposing we hold a referendum on all future trade deals??

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

we are all brexiters though, as we would have been remainers if the vote had gone the other way..

one either accepts the situation and gets the fuck on with it now and in the future or does one just go around mumbling yeah but I voted to remain..

again where did I say anything about the same thoughts, read what I wrote which is the opposite ffs..

talk about reading what one thinks someone says and going off on a tangent, m8 that is idiotic..

"

1. You are not reading; so by that logic, everyone in UK is a Tory now, because you have a Tory government?

2. Why , if you believe that UK should remain in UK, should you not continue to campaign for it? Under that logic, BREXITers should have "just got on with it " and not campaigned for the referendum to leave. It is now perfectly valid to campaign to rejoin .

3. to state that " everyone is a BREXITer now" and must now follow the line of BREXIT is just against the principles of free speech and freedom of expression . Everyone should be free to dissent and express their opinion. If they are not allowed this in a do-called " modern society" then I ask you what society you want. Perhaps North Korea would be a good model

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

1. You are not reading; so by that logic, everyone in UK is a Tory now, because you have a Tory government?

2. Why , if you believe that UK should remain in UK, should you not continue to campaign for it? Under that logic, BREXITers should have "just got on with it " and not campaigned for the referendum to leave. It is now perfectly valid to campaign to rejoin .

3. to state that " everyone is a BREXITer now" and must now follow the line of BREXIT is just against the principles of free speech and freedom of expression . Everyone should be free to dissent and express their opinion. If they are not allowed this in a do-called " modern society" then I ask you what society you want. Perhaps North Korea would be a good model "

'must now follow the line of Brexit'

not said by me so again you are off on your tangent, btw..there are no 'lines of Brexit' yet..

North Korea, really? Your off on another tangent there, again one based on what you think someone has said..

who said anything about not 'campaigning' or raising ones concerns over the uncertain position we are in now..?

to do so from a position of not accepting the decision is silly no matter how much one disagrees with the result it is what it is..

ramble on all you like about we are all Tories which is patently nonsense but ducking one's head in the sand as to the reality of where we are now is akin to sitting Canute like as the water laps about your chest..

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

3. to state that " everyone is a BREXITer now" and must now follow the line of BREXIT is just against the principles of free speech and freedom of expression . Everyone should be free to dissent and express their opinion. If they are not allowed this in a do-called " modern society" then I ask you what society you want. Perhaps North Korea would be a good model

not said by me so again you are off on your tangent, btw..there are no 'lines of Brexit' yet..

North Korea, really? Your off on another tangent there, again one based on what you think someone has said..

who said anything about not 'campaigning' or raising ones concerns over the uncertain position we are in now..?

to do so from a position of not accepting the decision is silly no matter how much one disagrees with the result it is what it is..

ramble on all you like about we are all Tories which is patently nonsense but ducking one's head in the sand as to the reality of where we are now is akin to sitting Canute like as the water laps about your chest..

"

Ok it's not worth it as you clearly can't read or assimilate an argument .

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The people who voted remain are going to carry on campaigning for as long as the Euroskeptics campaigned to leave.

I'm not going to give up on the idea of peace and security. I'm not going to stop believing that the world is a better place when we work together. Im not going to stop believing in economic prosperity.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"The people who voted remain are going to carry on campaigning for as long as the Euroskeptics campaigned to leave.

I'm not going to give up on the idea of peace and security. I'm not going to stop believing that the world is a better place when we work together. Im not going to stop believing in economic prosperity."

Exactly

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ok it's not worth it as you clearly can't read or assimilate an argument ."

clearly that's the logic of idiotic assumption, again..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The people who voted remain are going to carry on campaigning for as long as the Euroskeptics campaigned to leave.

"

Do you actually think we'd ever get back in if we leave ?

I don't think we would or it'd cost a whole lot more than it does now....... unless the EU implodes in the meantime

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

I'm not going to give up on the idea of peace and security. I'm not going to stop believing that the world is a better place when we work together. Im not going to stop believing in economic prosperity."

Peace and security are the brief of NATO not the EU, the world is indeed a better place when we work together, thats all the world not the closed shop club that the EU is and we will be better off not only still buying and selling to the EU but to the rest of the world as well, glad you have seen the light at last, free trade with the eu and the rest of the world whats not to like

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

You can believe in anything you like still wont change the fact that we are leaving the EU

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

I'm not going to give up on the idea of peace and security. I'm not going to stop believing that the world is a better place when we work together. Im not going to stop believing in economic prosperity.

Peace and security are the brief of NATO not the EU, the world is indeed a better place when we work together, thats all the world not the closed shop club that the EU is and we will be better off not only still buying and selling to the EU but to the rest of the world as well, glad you have seen the light at last, free trade with the eu and the rest of the world whats not to like"

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Peace and security are the brief of NATO not the EU, the world is indeed a better place when we work together, thats all the world not the closed shop club that the EU is and we will be better off not only still buying and selling to the EU but to the rest of the world as well, glad you have seen the light at last, free trade with the eu and the rest of the world whats not to like"

One of the founding reasons between the ECSC was to bind the economies of countries together so as to make war impossible. It's done just that. Leaving the EU is all about NOT working together. After we leave the EU will we still work together on common issues such as workers rights? The European arrest warrant? University and research funding? EHIC? Business regulations? Environmental issues? Do you think that we don't currently trade with the rest of the world? What do you think the impact of free trade with China will be on the British steel industry?

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

You can believe in anything you like still wont change the fact that we are leaving the EU"

The old folks that voted for Brexit wont be around forever.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

You can believe in anything you like still wont change the fact that we are leaving the EU

The old folks that voted for Brexit wont be around forever."

So your an ageist now nice to the know younger people who,s right we have fought for all our lives have no respect for us.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

You can believe in anything you like still wont change the fact that we are leaving the EU"

I have money on that you never will.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

I have money on that you never will."

You can say bye bye to then.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

One of the founding reasons between the ECSC was to bind the economies of countries together so as to make war impossible. It's done just that. Leaving the EU is all about NOT working together. After we leave the EU will we still work together on common issues such as workers rights? The European arrest warrant? University and research funding? EHIC? Business regulations? Environmental issues? Do you think that we don't currently trade with the rest of the world? What do you think the impact of free trade with China will be on the British steel industry? "

Ah the good old do as you are told by those who have never run a car boot sale,remember the 70's when the unions ran the country, we cooperate with research faculties and unis world wide why would that change ? If you remember there isnt a EU uni in the worlds top ten apart from uk ones, yes of course we trade with the rest of the world and we will still trade with the EU THEY need us, their businesses want our trade they dont give a hoot if we leave or if we stay they just want to trade so who is going to interfere with that, is it us or is it Brussels ? Has being in the EU helped the steel industry NO, THEY stopped us helping to keep it going, you keep losing the argument, open your eyes the only reason to stay in the EU is to become a member of the EU superstate,if thats what you want then thats fine but please dont keep repeating the same old rubbish

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

One of the founding reasons between the ECSC was to bind the economies of countries together so as to make war impossible. It's done just that. Leaving the EU is all about NOT working together. After we leave the EU will we still work together on common issues such as workers rights? The European arrest warrant? University and research funding? EHIC? Business regulations? Environmental issues? Do you think that we don't currently trade with the rest of the world? What do you think the impact of free trade with China will be on the British steel industry?

Ah the good old do as you are told by those who have never run a car boot sale,remember the 70's when the unions ran the country, we cooperate with research faculties and unis world wide why would that change ? If you remember there isnt a EU uni in the worlds top ten apart from uk ones, yes of course we trade with the rest of the world and we will still trade with the EU THEY need us, their businesses want our trade they dont give a hoot if we leave or if we stay they just want to trade so who is going to interfere with that, is it us or is it Brussels ? Has being in the EU helped the steel industry NO, THEY stopped us helping to keep it going, you keep losing the argument, open your eyes the only reason to stay in the EU is to become a member of the EU superstate,if thats what you want then thats fine but please dont keep repeating the same old rubbish "

Nice one love it.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"

Ah the good old do as you are told by those who have never run a car boot sale,remember the 70's when the unions ran the country, we cooperate with research faculties and unis world wide why would that change ? If you remember there isnt a EU uni in the worlds top ten apart from uk ones, yes of course we trade with the rest of the world and we will still trade with the EU THEY need us, their businesses want our trade they dont give a hoot if we leave or if we stay they just want to trade so who is going to interfere with that, is it us or is it Brussels ? Has being in the EU helped the steel industry NO, THEY stopped us helping to keep it going, you keep losing the argument, open your eyes the only reason to stay in the EU is to become a member of the EU superstate,if thats what you want then thats fine but please dont keep repeating the same old rubbish "

Just two of the errors ( amongst many;)

The EU tried to introduce measures to protect EU Steel industry ( including the UK). It was vetoed ... By the UK.

There is no agenda for an "EU superstate". that's a myth perpetuated by BREXIT.

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

There is no agenda for an "EU superstate". that's a myth perpetuated by BREXIT.

"

If you really believe that then there is no hope, sleep walking to disaster

Reply privately

over a year ago

no but when todays youngsters have grown up they will want to leave too. Or rather, be glad that we did

Reply privately

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

What about all the young people who voted for Brexit. ?

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Brexit does not just mean Brexit. I know it is hard for those who just want a quick and simple solution, but it won't be quick, it won't be simple and it won't be unanimously popular.

Completely barking mad, do you REALLY think the eu would negotiate in good faith and strike a deal that is good for BOTH sides if we had to have a vote on it, of course not they would say no trade no holidays no movement etc etc knowing that they wouldnt ever have to worry about the consequences as most would vote against, unless of course the UK thought we arent falling for that shit and still vote out that really would wind up the eu businesses losing out on all the trade, sorry but Farron really is an idiot "

Presumably you have never negotiated. Stubbornness in negotiation is completely pointless and just prolongs the negotiation. Britain needs a friendly EU and the EU needs a friendly Britain and on that basis negotiations will be based. Each side will compromise and the end result will not be exactly what each side wanted. That is how it works.

The Crusading Brexit Army who think that charging into Brussells backed up by Challenger tanks and making one sided demands thinking that the UK is going to get all its own way by being stubborn and obnoxious.... Uhhhhh.... No.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Completely barking mad, do you REALLY think the eu would negotiate in good faith and strike a deal that is good for BOTH sides if we had to have a vote on it, of course not they would say no trade no holidays no movement etc etc knowing that they wouldnt ever have to worry about the consequences as most would vote against, unless of course the UK thought we arent falling for that shit and still vote out that really would wind up the eu businesses losing out on all the trade, sorry but Farron really is an idiot

Presumably you have never negotiated. Stubbornness in negotiation is completely pointless and just prolongs the negotiation. Britain needs a friendly EU and the EU needs a friendly Britain and on that basis negotiations will be based. Each side will compromise and the end result will not be exactly what each side wanted. That is how it works.

The Crusading Brexit Army who think that charging into Brussells backed up by Challenger tanks and making one sided demands thinking that the UK is going to get all its own way by being stubborn and obnoxious.... Uhhhhh.... No. "

Well said only thing is it was the EU saying they were going to be hard on us hoping we would change our minds about leaving cant see that happening.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

no but when todays youngsters have grown up they will want to leave too. Or rather, be glad that we did"

When they stop following their phones looking for imaginary beasties.

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

We should have another referendum.

remain

Hard brexit

Soft brexit

Three options, most votes wins.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We should have another referendum.

remain

Hard brexit

Soft brexit

Three options, most votes wins. "

yes, we will be shouting for a referendum on how many sheets of paper are required to wipe our own arses next

bloody grow up

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"

The Crusading Brexit Army who think that charging into Brussells backed up by Challenger tanks and making one sided demands thinking that the UK is going to get all its own way by being stubborn and obnoxious.... Uhhhhh.... No. "

Seeing as I have run my own business for many many years I reckon I have a pretty good idea on how it will work, now tell me if I'm wrong but its not the UK playing silly buggers, we want to trade freely both ways, we want to cooperate in security and we want to be good neighbours and friends, we are happy for anyone here now to stay with no change, we just want to control our borders in future and not be part of a EU superstate,is that SOOOO bad? Its not us saying we will make it hard

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

No, it's not so bad.

However that is your opinion of what we all wanted. You don't even know if that was what all of the 52% (of 74%) wanted.

You don't know if that is what we are going to ask for and you certainly don't know what we are going to get.

Most of the things we already had, at a cheaper price. The thing you particularly want to change, immigration, is on balance good for an economy, so a bit of a stupid thing.

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"

Three options, most votes wins.

yes, we will be shouting for a referendum on how many sheets of paper are required to wipe our own arses next

bloody grow up"

We appoint representatives to deal with government and legislation, hence the 'advisory' nature of the referendum which was a poorly thought out and rushed one.

The only sensible thing, now more sensible debate has happened and the myths and lies debunked, is to hold another canvass of public opinion. It would probably be best to either wait to see what Boris and co come up with as their target, or to wait and see what we get.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Either way the leave vote would be a lot higher in any 2nd referendum. Not that there is the slightest chance of one

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"

The Crusading Brexit Army who think that charging into Brussells backed up by Challenger tanks and making one sided demands thinking that the UK is going to get all its own way by being stubborn and obnoxious.... Uhhhhh.... No.

Seeing as I have run my own business for many many years I reckon I have a pretty good idea on how it will work, now tell me if I'm wrong but its not the UK playing silly buggers, we want to trade freely both ways, we want to cooperate in security and we want to be good neighbours and friends, we are happy for anyone here now to stay with no change, we just want to control our borders in future and not be part of a EU superstate,is that SOOOO bad? Its not us saying we will make it hard "

The U.K. is currently wanting out of a 28 Member State Union and wants the other 27 to change the way it does things to enable the UK to maintain its economy at least on a level playing field. As it stands, all 28 had agreed on something that was set in stone but now one Member (soon to be ex) wants to change it.

It may be that in the fullness of time the EU will change its policies and highly likely they will, but as is often said by Brexiters about being bullied - no one likes it, particularly when 1 is trying to force change on 27.

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

I voted to remain, but am not a " bremoaner". I accept the result and understand why many perfectly reasonable and intelligent people voted to leave. The arguments were finely balanced. I do wish we could now just get on with it without the bitterness and sneering.

I've just spent a few weeks in South Africa. Very interesting to hear some opinions from there. They have their own problems of course but are also a big, and potentially much bigger, market. A lot of enthusiasm for striking a trade deal with the U.K. Dealing with the EU yet they find frustrating. Their potential exports and markets for our goods and services would seem well matched and there are still many links with the U.K. Which can be developed. The same will surely be true with Australia, NZ etc.

When we joined the Common Market it was probably the most dynamic trading bloc in the world and our economy at its nadir. It has been greatly beneficial to us for most of the period we have been in. I don't underestimate that, or the possibility that it can kickstart itself somehow. But there is no denying that it is now the least dynamic trading bloc in the world, inward looking, defensive, bureaucratic and seemingly unwilling to reform, while ours is probably the most flexible and fastest growing economy within it.

The qualms I had which led me to vote to stay are not entirely dissolved but on the whole I now feel pretty positive about our economic prospects.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

Seeing as I have run my own business for many many years I reckon I have a pretty good idea on how it will work, now tell me if I'm wrong but its not the UK playing silly buggers, we want to trade freely both ways, we want to cooperate in security and we want to be good neighbours and friends, we are happy for anyone here now to stay with no change, we just want to control our borders in future and not be part of a EU superstate,is that SOOOO bad? Its not us saying we will make it hard

The U.K. is currently wanting out of a 28 Member State Union and wants the other 27 to change the way it does things to enable the UK to maintain its economy at least on a level playing field. As it stands, all 28 had agreed on something that was set in stone but now one Member (soon to be ex) wants to change it.

It may be that in the fullness of time the EU will change its policies and highly likely they will, but as is often said by Brexiters about being bullied - no one likes it, particularly when 1 is trying to force change on 27."

I thought we were wanting to LEAVE not CHANGE the EU can do as it pleases as long as we are not part of it.

Having our laws made by people who were not elected by us is the EU trying to change us.

Anyway I thought you had money on the UK not leaving the EU have you given up on that bet?

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"No, it's not so bad.

However that is your opinion of what we all wanted. You don't even know if that was what all of the 52% (of 74%) wanted.

You don't know if that is what we are going to ask for and you certainly don't know what we are going to get.

Most of the things we already had, at a cheaper price. The thing you particularly want to change, immigration, is on balance good for an economy, so a bit of a stupid thing.

"

If that is aimed at me you will notice I put control of our borders last but one on my list, control of immigration is not that high up IMO so please dont put words in my mouth, We know many who have come here to work and the majority are great, that is very different to saying we want control in the future,of course I dont know what anyone I havent spoken to wanted any more than you do,however the majority said leave and thats what will happen

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"

Having our laws made by people who were not elected by us is the EU trying to change us.

"

I know it's wasting my time, because it's a BREXIT/ anti-EU mantra, and a lie essential to the BREXIT reasoning;

But the only laws enacted in UK were and are, and always have been, laws passed in the British parliament .

The EU has never made British law .

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

That's a bit silly Renard. Some Brexiteers exaggerate this of course but the reality, unless one is hiding in constitutional niceties is that membership of the EU does involve pooling sovereignty and that this in turn involves accepting legally binding decisions made centrally which a member country may disagree with, but it's Parliament is powerless to reject. It's perfectly honourable to defend that: pretending that it's a figment of Brediteer imagination doesn't help your argument.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

I know it's wasting my time, because it's a BREXIT/ anti-EU mantra, and a lie essential to the BREXIT reasoning;

But the only laws enacted in UK were and are, and always have been, laws passed in the British parliament .

The EU has never made British law . "

So we told our fishermen they could only catch so much fish then?

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"That's a bit silly Renard. Some Brexiteers exaggerate this of course but the reality, unless one is hiding in constitutional niceties is that membership of the EU does involve pooling sovereignty and that this in turn involves accepting legally binding decisions made centrally which a member country may disagree with, but it's Parliament is powerless to reject. It's perfectly honourable to defend that: pretending that it's a figment of Brediteer imagination doesn't help your argument."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The EU has never made British law . "

The latest figure has been calculated by the campaign group Business for Britain, which says that 64.7% of UK law is influenced by the EU. It offers this as the "definitive" calculation, but also cautions that "any attempt to make sense of the numbers is highly subjective".

To work out the proportion of UK law derived from EU law, you first need to define what you mean by each of those terms, understand the relationship between them, and do some sums. But the House of Commons Library—which has produced analysis relied upon by Business for Britain—warns that "there is no totally accurate, rational or useful way" of making this calculation.

What do we mean by 'law'?

Let's take UK law. We run into immediate complexities, because the devolved legislatures in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales all pass laws that apply only in that nation. Likewise, not all law passed by the Westminster Parliament applies to the whole of the UK.

Leaving that aside, there are two main sources of legislation at national level: Acts of Parliament, also known as statutes, and Statutory Instruments (SIs), usually issued by government ministers to flesh out the details of how a statute will work.

There are also various types of EU laws, but for the sake of simplicity we can focus on just two.

One is the "regulation". This applies automatically in all EU member countries—so all EU regulations can be said to be part of UK law. As we'll see, this assumption is important for the end result of any calculation of EU-derived law in this country.

The other main type is the "directive". This sets out a goal for EU member states to achieve, but doesn't prescribe exactly how it's to be achieved. A directive must be implemented by a national law—in the UK, this is generally done by using an SI

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

So your an ageist now nice to the know younger people who,s right we have fought for all our lives have no respect for us. "

How have you fought for my rights? I thought you just voted to strip millions of people of a whole host of rights?

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"That's a bit silly Renard. Some Brexiteers exaggerate this of course but the reality, unless one is hiding in constitutional niceties is that membership of the EU does involve pooling sovereignty and that this in turn involves accepting legally binding decisions made centrally which a member country may disagree with, but it's Parliament is powerless to reject. It's perfectly honourable to defend that: pretending that it's a figment of Brediteer imagination doesn't help your argument."

But we have pooling of sovereignty within the UK anyway, the people of Chester might not agree with the people of Cambridge, but we agree to pool sovereignty because we recognize its better to work together (or some do). Ig you disagree with pooling sovereignty, then the logical conclusion would be that every man is an island, his house is his castle and he can do whatever he likes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's a bit silly Renard. Some Brexiteers exaggerate this of course but the reality, unless one is hiding in constitutional niceties is that membership of the EU does involve pooling sovereignty and that this in turn involves accepting legally binding decisions made centrally which a member country may disagree with, but it's Parliament is powerless to reject. It's perfectly honourable to defend that: pretending that it's a figment of Brediteer imagination doesn't help your argument.

But we have pooling of sovereignty within the UK anyway, the people of Chester might not agree with the people of Cambridge, but we agree to pool sovereignty because we recognize its better to work together (or some do). Ig you disagree with pooling sovereignty, then the logical conclusion would be that every man is an island, his house is his castle and he can do whatever he likes."

or the Eurozone is an island?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's a bit silly Renard. Some Brexiteers exaggerate this of course but the reality, unless one is hiding in constitutional niceties is that membership of the EU does involve pooling sovereignty and that this in turn involves accepting legally binding decisions made centrally which a member country may disagree with, but it's Parliament is powerless to reject. It's perfectly honourable to defend that: pretending that it's a figment of Brediteer imagination doesn't help your argument.

But we have pooling of sovereignty within the UK anyway, the people of Chester might not agree with the people of Cambridge, but we agree to pool sovereignty because we recognize its better to work together (or some do). Ig you disagree with pooling sovereignty, then the logical conclusion would be that every man is an island, his house is his castle and he can do whatever he likes."

If pooling of sovereignty is so good why doesn't the EU just pool sovereignty with say,.. ooh I dunno... Africa?

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

Of course. And it's always challenging within any political unit, whether a council, a nation, or a supranational entity such as the EU to agree common policies where there may be interests within the body which are hard to reconcile. As the unit becomes bigger and more diverse the difficulties increase.

Sometimes these are managed by authoritarian measures which may or may not succeed; sometimes by flexible arrangements allowing a large degree of self government, which also may or may not succeed. Confederations can break up, nations can divide.

It hasn't been helpful so far as the EU is concerned that it has been opaque, to say the least, as to exactly what it is trying to be. Once it established a single currency, the only logical outcome was that it was becoming a state, albeit a federal one on US lines. But it allowed some key countries to opt out, and then, even worse, funked the obligations inherent within a state with a single currency with the resultant catastrophic disjunctions between the North, especially Germany, and the South, especially Greece. It's an utter mess.

It might find a way through, but it's hard to see how. It might, more likely in my view, recognise that the current half way house is untenable, but that it will be impossible to complete that journey to a single state and reform- back, in effect into a Common Market of independent countries

If that happens , leaving will have been a mistake!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course. And it's always challenging within any political unit, whether a council, a nation, or a supranational entity such as the EU to agree common policies where there may be interests within the body which are hard to reconcile. As the unit becomes bigger and more diverse the difficulties increase.

Sometimes these are managed by authoritarian measures which may or may not succeed; sometimes by flexible arrangements allowing a large degree of self government, which also may or may not succeed. Confederations can break up, nations can divide.

It hasn't been helpful so far as the EU is concerned that it has been opaque, to say the least, as to exactly what it is trying to be. Once it established a single currency, the only logical outcome was that it was becoming a state, albeit a federal one on US lines. But it allowed some key countries to opt out, and then, even worse, funked the obligations inherent within a state with a single currency with the resultant catastrophic disjunctions between the North, especially Germany, and the South, especially Greece. It's an utter mess.

It might find a way through, but it's hard to see how. It might, more likely in my view, recognise that the current half way house is untenable, but that it will be impossible to complete that journey to a single state and reform- back, in effect into a Common Market of independent countries

If that happens , leaving will have been a mistake!"

good points. But if it did that, what would stop us joining a Common Market of independant countries? There wouldn't be much point though as the whole world will pretty soon be a 'Common Market'

Reply privately

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"Of course. And it's always challenging within any political unit, whether a council, a nation, or a supranational entity such as the EU to agree common policies where there may be interests within the body which are hard to reconcile. As the unit becomes bigger and more diverse the difficulties increase.

If that happens , leaving will have been a mistake!"

Totally agree but there has long been a desire among many who wield power to create that superstate and the creation of an EU army is just the next step, I cant see how the millions that live in the EU that dont want a superstate can stop it, its such a drip drip move that many are sleepwalking into it

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

So your an ageist now nice to the know younger people who,s right we have fought for all our lives have no respect for us.

How have you fought for my rights? I thought you just voted to strip millions of people of a whole host of rights? "

No over 17 million people voted to do that, you just could,nt get enough people to vote to stay shame.

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

How have you fought for my rights? I thought you just voted to strip millions of people of a whole host of rights?

No over 17 million people voted to do that, you just could,nt get enough people to vote to stay shame. "

So you haven't fought for my rights then.

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

But we have pooling of sovereignty within the UK anyway, the people of Chester might not agree with the people of Cambridge, but we agree to pool sovereignty because we recognize its better to work together (or some do). Ig you disagree with pooling sovereignty, then the logical conclusion would be that every man is an island, his house is his castle and he can do whatever he likes.

If pooling of sovereignty is so good why doesn't the EU just pool sovereignty with say,.. ooh I dunno... Africa?"

I know you dont agree, but I think the world would be a much better place if all the countries of the world worked together, rather than fighting against each other militarily, economically, politically, ideologically etc. I don't think that it will happen across the globe in my lifetime, but the EU is a step towards that future of a world that works for everyone. Brexit is a step towards nationalism, introversion, xenophobia, and isolationism. I'm sorry, but that's not the future that I want.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

If pooling of sovereignty is so good why doesn't the EU just pool sovereignty with say,.. ooh I dunno... Africa?

I know you dont agree, but I think the world would be a much better place if all the countries of the world worked together, rather than fighting against each other militarily, economically, politically, ideologically etc. I don't think that it will happen across the globe in my lifetime, but the EU is a step towards that future of a world that works for everyone. Brexit is a step towards nationalism, introversion, xenophobia, and isolationism. I'm sorry, but that's not the future that I want."

Tough

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

No over 17 million people voted to do that, you just could,nt get enough people to vote to stay shame.

So you haven't fought for my rights then. "

You know perfectly well that I meant in general so stop being silly.

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

You know perfectly well that I meant in general so stop being silly. "

Sorry but I still don't know how you have fought for my rights in general as opposed to voting to take them away from me. I have never voted to take away any rights from my fellow citizens, you can't say the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The leave campaign didnt have a plan, so may is doing right to wait for it, she will come up with her own ideas, she is a remainer at heart, which is good.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

So if we don't agree to the EU swallowing up the sovereignty of its member nations "our nation" then your view is we all think there should be no laws and let anarchy rule and do what the fuck we want.

Wow, your notion of argument knows no bounds of mental incompetence.

"

I know you dont agree, but I think the world would be a much better place if all the countries of the world worked together, rather than fighting against each other militarily, economically, politically, ideologically etc. I don't think that it will happen across the globe in my lifetime,"

While we have so many different cultures and no worse threat to ourselves otherthan each other then it will never happen.

"

but the EU is a step towards that future of a world that works for everyone.

"

Only if you let the EU suck out the sovereignty and identity of your nation and pay them billions and billions for the privilege.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry but I still don't know how you have fought for my rights in general as opposed to voting to take them away from me. I have never voted to take away any rights from my fellow citizens, you can't say the same. "

What rights have been taken away from you ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know you dont agree, but I think the world would be a much better place if all the countries of the world worked together, rather than fighting against each other militarily, economically, politically, ideologically etc. I don't think that it will happen across the globe in my lifetime, but the EU is a step towards that future of a world that works for everyone. Brexit is a step towards nationalism, introversion, xenophobia, and isolationism. I'm sorry, but that's not the future that I want."

pisser. It is the EU that puts up trade barriers that goes against working for everyone! It is the UK that now wants to open up free trade around the world to benefit everyone. It is the policies of the EU that has created unrest throughout Europe and is seeing the rise of the far right! What was the outcome the last time that happened?Militarily? What the fuck is an EU army all about? Who are they planning to fight? The people? You really need to open your eyes

Reply privately

over a year ago

We have NATO & the UN so why the hell do we need a bleeding EU Army

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We have NATO & the UN so why the hell do we need a bleeding EU Army "

We don't !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We have NATO & the UN so why the hell do we need a bleeding EU Army "

to put down the popular uprising

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Sorry but I still don't know how you have fought for my rights in general as opposed to voting to take them away from me. I have never voted to take away any rights from my fellow citizens, you can't say the same. "

Well if you cant work out what I mean I cant be bothered to explain it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So your pro fox hunting, pro gun ownership, pro smoking in pubs.... Are you?

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Sorry but I still don't know how you have fought for my rights in general as opposed to voting to take them away from me. I have never voted to take away any rights from my fellow citizens, you can't say the same.

What rights have been taken away from you ?"

The right to visit the EU without a visa.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Sorry but I still don't know how you have fought for my rights in general as opposed to voting to take them away from me. I have never voted to take away any rights from my fellow citizens, you can't say the same. .

So your pro fox hunting, pro gun ownership, pro smoking in pubs.... Are you?"

Your wasting your time they cant see further than the end of their nose.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The right to visit the EU without a visa."

Not so, the UK wouldn't require him to have a visa to go thete, its his precious EU that would demand that

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

The right to visit the EU without a visa.

Not so, the UK wouldn't require him to have a visa to go thete, its his precious EU that would demand that "

True but he cant see that.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

The right to visit the EU without a visa."

The visa decision will be one taken by the UK and will be dependant on how robust the UK wants to make its border controls. If the UK decides to introduce visa requirements for everyone, then there will be reciprocal arrangements.

Considering that the UK has visa free travel agreements with many countries around the world it would seem unlikely that they would introduce a visa requirement for EU residents.

Having said that, there was talk about the EU introducing an ESTA type arrangement themselves and in such a case that also would be reciprocated. The ESTA as required for travel to the US is a piece of cake to get and is hardly an inconvenience. Regular travellers can also over-ride it through Trusted Traveller programs which I guess would also be introduced in Europe.

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

You guys think that you have "fought" for rights, but really you're just bullshitting, you haven't fought for anything. You don't even know what rights you have voted away and which ones you haven't. Some of you think you got to vote on smoking and gun rights and fox hunting. You don't even realise how you have been duped by hypocrits like Farage who thinks his wife should be allowed to live here, but other people's shouldn't. Who complains about people who dont speak English in the UK, yet has lived in Europe for 20 years and can't speak any other languages. Farage complains about having EU written on his passport, yet makes sure that he will keep his EU passport and citizenship through Germany. Or people like Brexit minister David Davies who wants to use European courts to sue the PM when he doesn't like her decisions, yet doesn't want you to have that same right if you disagree with the decisions he makes. Of course all of this has been explained to you by some of the smartest people in the world, but you were told not to listen to them by the privately educated, Oxford graduate former education Secretary who told you not to listen to experts! So you just ignore the lot of them.

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

Does anyone seriously think that visas will be required to visit EU countries when we leave? The hyperbole of the referendum should be behind us, and we should be focusing on our best interests in the future. At the moment there is a great deal of bluster, and, as ever, EU politicians making statements aimed at their domestic audience. In time, sensible statesmen and women will look for rational agreements with the U.K. that reflect everyone's interests. If common sense prevails that will involve compromises of course. Germany will not want to see its U.K. Market for manufactured goods damaged, Spain will want agreements on fishing in UK waters, Ireland for its agricultural produce etc etc. In turn the seemingly intractable question of freedom of movement could be finessed by adopting something similar to what Cameron tried to get anyway- ability to move to jobs in the UK but not the automatic acquisition of rights to benefits and so on.

My worry however is that common sense finds it difficult to prevail within the EU. We may find agreement elusive for the same reasons that the EU has failed dismally to conclude any significant trade agreements with any major nation or bloc. The 27 can never agree because each wants something for itself. I was always amused by the demonstrations against TTIP as it never in reality had any chance of coming up with something that could simultaneously be approved by the US Congress ( in itself a body where multiple state interests have to be satisfied) and 27/8 national governments.

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"Either way the leave vote would be a lot higher in any 2nd referendum. Not that there is the slightest chance of one"

If the leave vote would be a lot higher then surely bring it on. I think you could well be right in fact.

Either way it would settle a contentious issue. It was a stupid rushed referendum where the biggest and best lies, the appeal to emotion not reason, counted far more. It should have been a proper considered lengthy debate with myths debunked and issues debated in detail.

There has been more of this since the referendum than there ever was before it. A second vote and win for Leave, even if it was by 0.1% would have more validity, would be impossible not to accept for the Remain voters.

It really is the only way to settle it.

Don't forget must people who voted remain also thought the EU was shit, they just think what we will get instead is even shitter. However Leave were never tasked with presenting something to vote FOR as an alternative. It was effectively a vote to register your opinion that one thing was a bit shit.

It is true that we could end up with something better. The prospect is exciting.

The referendum was like a choice for the next meal which was either spam again or something mysterious under a big silver dish, which Leave were better at selling the hope that it was going to be a nice steak. Let's have another vote once the big reveal suggests the spam alternative is a full English or a giant steaming cow pat.

Reply privately

By *icklybitMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Let's respect this "once in a generation" vote and make the best of it.

I doubt if it was remain, we would be contemplating another vote.

Don't go down the Scotnat grievance monkey route please, it just causes division.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's respect this "once in a generation" vote and make the best of it.

Don't go down the Scotnat grievance monkey route please, it just causes division."

Want to go a little deeper into this, what exactly do you mean by "Scotnat grievance monkey route" sounds like an insult to me, care to explain your comment

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Don't go down the Scotnat grievance monkey route please, it just causes division."

So you must have missed Nigel Farage stating before the referendum that if it was 48/52 that it would be unfinished business and that the country would demand another referendum.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Don't go down the Scotnat grievance monkey route please, it just causes division.

So you must have missed Nigel Farage stating before the referendum that if it was 48/52 that it would be unfinished business and that the country would demand another referendum."

Nigel Farage was not and is not in power David Cameron who WAS in power said it was a ONCE in a life time vote.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Once in a generation??? You got that wrong. The decision to leave the EU is a kick in the bollocks that will last the rest of our lives and beyond.

Reply privately

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Once in a generation??? You got that wrong. The decision to leave the EU is a kick in the bollocks that will last the rest of our lives and beyond."

It was a democratic vote and everyone had a choice . How can it possibly be a kick in the bollocks ?.

In the short term it makes companies that export more competitive.

The stock exchange is higher than it was before Brexit so we have nothing to worry about. I own a property in France but still voted Brexit .

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Once in a generation??? You got that wrong. The decision to leave the EU is a kick in the bollocks that will last the rest of our lives and beyond."

No he got it spot on that's why there will be no 2nd referendum, David Cameron made it very clear its a once in a life time vote or were,nt you listening.

Reply privately

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Want to go a little deeper into this, what exactly do you mean by "Scotnat grievance monkey route" sounds like an insult to me, care to explain your comment"

Deep down most Scottish people are financially astute and realize how dependent they are on subsidies from the UK. David Cameron was confident that Scotland would never vote to leave .

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

So you must have missed Nigel Farage stating before the referendum that if it was 48/52 that it would be unfinished business and that the country would demand another referendum.

Nigel Farage was not and is not in power David Cameron who WAS in power said it was a ONCE in a life time vote. "

So you didn't get to vote back in the 70s then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nigel Farage was not and is not in power David Cameron who WAS in power said it was a ONCE in a life time vote.

So you didn't get to vote back in the 70s then? "

that wasn't a vote on the EU though was it?

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

That was to join the Common Market of 8 countries if I remember correctly not the EU of 27 other countries.

Reply privately

By *ouple1000Couple
over a year ago

manchester

Reply privately

over a year ago

The 70's vote was nothing to do what so ever about the EU referendum now was it.

The ONCE in a lifetime vote is on......ohh for fucks sake you're so hard work i really can't be fucking bothered with your moronic posts.

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The 70's vote was nothing to do what so ever about the EU referendum now was it.

The ONCE in a lifetime vote is on......ohh for fucks sake you're so hard work i really can't be fucking bothered with your moronic posts."

So by that reasoning if there are more or less or different countries in the EU in the future we can have another referendum? The once in a generation thing is only if the EU stays exactly the same?

Reply privately

By *icklybitMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If a party puts it in their manifesto in the future we can vote for that party with a promise of another referendum on rejoining, only time will tell. In the 70,s we never had a vote to join the then single market EC, it was like the recent one, the choice was remain or leave.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The ONCE in a lifetime vote is on......ohh for fucks sake you're so hard work i really can't be fucking bothered with your moronic posts.

So by that reasoning if there are more or less or different countries in the EU in the future we can have another referendum?"

Hopefully not no because just having a few different countries in it isn't going to make it any different.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Once in a generation??? You got that wrong. The decision to leave the EU is a kick in the bollocks that will last the rest of our lives and beyond. It was a democratic vote and everyone had a choice . How can it possibly be a kick in the bollocks ?.

The stock exchange is higher than it was before Brexit so we have nothing to worry about. I own a property in France but still voted Brexit . "

I own property in France too, I also have financial and business interests in Spain and the USA and my opinion is that the UK has just proven that its population is even dumber than that of the United States, albeit they are more than capable of recapturing that crown in November.

The UK is still in the EU and until the Brexit negotiations are underway there is unlikely to be little change. Let's just wait until the enormity of the job at hand is exposed and Mrs May realises just exactly what her legacy might be. anyone thinking that unpicking the last 49 years is going to be easy and painless is living in a fantasy land.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

Once in a generation??? You got that wrong. The decision to leave the EU is a kick in the bollocks that will last the rest of our lives and beyond. It was a democratic vote and everyone had a choice . How can it possibly be a kick in the bollocks ?.

The stock exchange is higher than it was before Brexit so we have nothing to worry about. I own a property in France but still voted Brexit .

I own property in France too, I also have financial and business interests in Spain and the USA and my opinion is that the UK has just proven that its population is even dumber than that of the United States, albeit they are more than capable of recapturing that crown in November.

The UK is still in the EU and until the Brexit negotiations are underway there is unlikely to be little change. Let's just wait until the enormity of the job at hand is exposed and Mrs May realises just exactly what her legacy might be. anyone thinking that unpicking the last 49 years is going to be easy and painless is living in a fantasy land. "

A lot can happen in the next 2 years both France and Germany will probable have new leaders by then Italy are not looking too good at the moment.

If the flow of people coming from outside the EU does,nt slow up a lot more countries are going to be looking at their position on free movement of people.

Reply privately

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The UK is still in the EU and until the Brexit negotiations are underway there is unlikely to be little change. Let's just wait until the enormity of the job at hand is exposed and Mrs May realises just exactly what her legacy might be. anyone thinking that unpicking the last 49 years is going to be easy and painless is living in a fantasy land.

A lot can happen in the next 2 years both France and Germany will probable have new leaders by then Italy are not looking too good at the moment.

If the flow of people coming from outside the EU does,nt slow up a lot more countries are going to be looking at their position on free movement of people. "

And do you know what the loudest popularist battlecry will be across the continent? "Let's blame the British!" Sarkozy was doing exactly that just today in Calais. If you think that there is an overwhelming swell of support in Europe to give the Brits everything we want without having to pay in or accept freedom of movement you are going to be very disappointed.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

If the flow of people coming from outside the EU does,nt slow up a lot more countries are going to be looking at their position on free movement of people.

And do you know what the loudest popularist battlecry will be across the continent? "Let's blame the British!" Sarkozy was doing exactly that just today in Calais. If you think that there is an overwhelming swell of support in Europe to give the Brits everything we want without having to pay in or accept freedom of movement you are going to be very disappointed. "

No I will not unlike you I expect nothing for free and I think we will be made to pay in the short term but it will be worth it in the end and when other countries leave and want to trade with us we can make them pay if we so choose not that I think we should.

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

In the end, countries act in their own self interest. This limits the EUs ability to develop- as seen in its abject failure to make trade agreements with the other significant world trading nations and blocs- but it also limits its ability to concert against what it may see as a threat. Many, indeed most of the countries in the EU will want agreement with us- not out of any sense of goodwill, but because it is in their national interest. The difficulty will be achieving unanimity, and the hostility of those Eurocrats whose loyalties lie more with the Project than with their country, or indeed the material interest of EU citizens.

I don't think the more idealogically driven Brexiteers calling for a " hard Brexit"- just abolishing the EU Act etc quite understand the consequences. We need a " soft Brexit" not so much so as to try to negotiate having our cake and eating it- that is a rather silly claim by disgruntled remainers and EU politicians playing to thir national galleries- but to enable practical changes to be made which are essential to future relationships. Whether there can be a tailored agreement involving preferential access to the single market, in exchange for preferential access for EU citizens to the UK plus some deal on contributions, I don't know. Common sense would say yes, but there's a lack of that sometimes both in the House of Commons and in Brussels.

However what is essential is that, whether or not we end up with tariff barriers etc on whatever basis, the infrastructure for goods flowing between countries is in place. With France in particular as the most important transit state for British exports to Europe as well as an important trading partner in its own right, we need clear agreed arrangements in place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The UK is still in the EU and until the Brexit negotiations are underway there is unlikely to be little change. Let's just wait until the enormity of the job at hand is exposed and Mrs May realises just exactly what her legacy might be. anyone thinking that unpicking the last 49 years is going to be easy and painless is living in a fantasy land. "

You mean you invested in europe despite living in a country were the majority of people didnt want to be in europe and now your all butt hurt when the majority excercised their democratic right to leave? Perhaps your the dumb one eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You mean you invested in europe despite living in a country were the majority of people didnt want to be in europe and now your all butt hurt when the majority excercised their democratic right to leave? Perhaps your the dumb one eh?"

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

When you say the majority didn't want to be in Europe what do you mean by that?

It is a bold claim for you to speak for everyone of the 52% (of the 74% who voted = 40% in fact).

Did most of them wish to remain part of Europe if only they could have more control over EU immigration? Were some only against the legislative powers? Were some not against Europe but thought the nhs was more important and £350million a week would put right all it's problems?

You see, it was a flawed referendum and a flawed campaign. How much people really want to leave will be better determined firstly after the brexit team offer their vision of the alternative, so far not even really thought about let alone presented. Even more determined after a number of years of consequences have passed.

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

Every referendum is flawed if it doesn't produce the result we like. One thing we can be sure of: those who voted to leave had different reasons for doing so, but they voted to leave. Those of us who voted to stay had different reasons for doing so but we voted to stay. I

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When you say the majority didn't want to be in Europe what do you mean by that?

It is a bold claim for you to speak for everyone of the 52% (of the 74% who voted = 40% in fact).

Did most of them wish to remain part of Europe if only they could have more control over EU immigration? Were some only against the legislative powers? Were some not against Europe but thought the nhs was more important and £350million a week would put right all it's problems?

You see, it was a flawed referendum and a flawed campaign. How much people really want to leave will be better determined firstly after the brexit team offer their vision of the alternative, so far not even really thought about let alone presented. Even more determined after a number of years of consequences have passed. "

Flawed because you didn't get what you wanted you mean? Would you be saying that if we'd voted to remain?

It was not flawed at all. The question was in or out, you cannot get less flawed

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"When you say the majority didn't want to be in Europe what do you mean by that?

You see, it was a flawed referendum and a flawed campaign. How much people really want to leave will be better determined firstly after the brexit team offer their vision of the alternative, so far not even really thought about let alone presented. Even more determined after a number of years of consequences have passed. "

How can a vote with only 2 choices be flawed REMAIN or LEAVE what is hard about that?

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

I was saying the referendum was flawed from the start, before the result.

One of the big flaws is you shouldn't have a referendum with a 50/50 threshold to make such a far reaching change as this. That was not just tactical incompetence from Cameron.

It is why referendums are usually only advisory.

The other big flaw was exactly what you think wasn't. That it was a straight forward in out decision. That is flawed because the actually choice was between three possible versions of out and one version of in.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

You mean you invested in europe despite living in a country were the majority of people didnt want to be in europe and now your all butt hurt when the majority excercised their democratic right to leave? Perhaps your the dumb one eh?"

I invested in Spain in 1987

I invested in France in 1996

I invested in the USA in 2010

At what point should I have "known" that the majority of people in this country didn't want to be in Europe and how is this going to influence me other than beneficially if we leave? My comments were in response to another poster who seemed to think that they voted leave even though they owned a property in France. Big deal, I voted remain and I too have a property in France. So what?

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

I don't much care for referendums myself. Either they are about relatively straightforward matters ( which shouldn't need them) or they are about matters too complex for simple yes/ no answers. Ideally in our system, on great issues, one party will take one broad view and another party a different one. We can then elect our government and Parliament decides. That's not perfect- nothing is- but it has served us reasonably well forms few hundred years.

But, if you do hold a referendum you have to abide by its outcome. And Parliament agreed the referendum.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I was saying the referendum was flawed from the start, before the result.

One of the big flaws is you shouldn't have a referendum with a 50/50 threshold to make such a far reaching change as this. That was not just tactical incompetence from Cameron.

The other big flaw was exactly what you think wasn't. That it was a straight forward in out decision. That is flawed because the actually choice was between three possible versions of out and one version of in. "

1) David Cameron should have had a plan in place in case the was leave before the referendum.

2) We were all told several times it was a once in a life time vote and that every vote counted.

3) How are there 3 possible versions of out we are either part of the EU or not, we voted not to be part of the EU.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"I was saying the referendum was flawed from the start, before the result.

The other big flaw was exactly what you think wasn't. That it was a straight forward in out decision. That is flawed because the actually choice was between three possible versions of out and one version of in.

1) David Cameron should have had a plan in place in case the was leave before the referendum.

2) We were all told several times it was a once in a life time vote and that every vote counted.

3) How are there 3 possible versions of out we are either part of the EU or not, we voted not to be part of the EU."

1) Why should Cameron have had a Leave plan? He was campaigning for Britain to stay. The Leave campaign just like the SNP did should have laid out a plan. The fact that they they chose to all lie instead is the reason that we are in a position now where no one has a clue what Brexit will look like.

2) True

3) Being out of the EU is one thing but having a relationship with the EU is something different again. Are we in or out of the single market? BoJo and Gove assured us in the referendum that we would be able to stay in the single market and control immigration because they need us, more than we need them. What about passporring rights for UK financial services? What about rights for British expats, retirees and workers in Europe. What about rights for Europeans in the UK? There is no final blueprint about what Leave means and none of the Leave politicians laid out any kind of reasonable future scenario.

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

That's not entirely fair though. Both sides promised rather vague and irreconcilable futures- for understandable reasons. No remainer promised us an unreformed EU- all said they wanted to stay in and argue for change. But the change wanted by, say, Corbyn, was completely different and not reconcilable with that sought by Cameron, while Clegg type LibDems have a different agenda again. What they had in common was a shared ( assuming Corbyn wasn't lying) preference for staying in while disagreeing on how a future EU should develop.

Similarly those who wanted to leave have very different visions of their preferred future- and why not? Their only uniting factor was a desire to operate independently. Some, on the left, want the freedom to intervene from the state in ways forbidden within the EU. Others, on the right, are motivated more by wanting to restrict immigration ( confusingly there are also right wingers who favour immigration as a source of cheap labour). Both standpoints are likely to prove difficult to square with tariff free access to the single market.

While I'd rather avoid referendums altogether, if you are going to have one it surely had to be on the fundamental principle of membership, not the minutiae of what in or out involved?

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

So your an ageist now nice to the know younger people who,s right we have fought for all our lives have no respect for us. "

Like their right to live, work and studying anywhere in the EU, which you just threw away for then in return for a bunch of meaningless slogans. You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done.

Reply privately

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 14:33:21]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Like their right to live, work and studying anywhere in the EU, which you just threw away for then in return for a bunch of meaningless slogans. You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done."

why, what will stop you living working and studying in the EU?

Reply privately

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Like their right to live, work and studying anywhere in the EU, which you just threw away for then in return for a bunch of meaningless slogans. You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done."

. What a load of bollocks

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Like their right to live, work and studying anywhere in the EU, which you just threw away for then in return for a bunch of meaningless slogans. You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done.

why, what will stop you living working and studying in the EU?"

I'm sorry, i thought BREXIT meant we were going to 'take back control' of immigration from the EU. If we won't give EU citizens free movment to live, work and study in the UK UK citizens wont have right to live, work and study in EU.

Or was 'take back control' just another meaningless BREXIT slogan and lie?

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Like their right to live, work and studying anywhere in the EU, which you just threw away for then in return for a bunch of meaningless slogans. You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done.. What a load of bollocks "

This from another trator who's sold his country out nothing. I concider being told i'm talking bollocks by a sell out BREXIT trator quite a compliment. Thanks.

Reply privately

By *strokeC100Couple
over a year ago

chester

It's more interesting when people post arguments and supported viewpoints than simply exchanging insults!

None of us know for sure whether we will be economically better or worse off out of the EU. I'm certainly unsure and I've read and pondered on it a lot. As someone who prefers not to take too many risks I voted to stay in, but it's far from a knock down case.

Some of the non economic issues are interesting to me. Is a US of Europe desirable? If it could be brought about would we prefer to be in such a state? Again I'm a bit divided.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm sorry, i thought BREXIT meant we were going to 'take back control' of immigration from the EU. If we won't give EU citizens free movment to live, work and study in the UK UK citizens wont have right to live, work and study in EU.

"

Yes it does. So maybe you can tell us the processes involved in working living or studying in an EU country now and what the differences will be when we have left the EU. And likewise people coming to the UK now and then?

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

What part of the word CONTROL don't you understand, when you control something you can stop, reduce or fully open. Control our borders mean we let in those we want and keep out the ones we don't. It does,nt mean our borders are closed you ewally should take a chill pill.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done."

Where oh where do you start with drivel like this

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

" You've sold the youth of this country, along with the rest of us, down the river. That's the ultimate form of treachery so don't try wrapping yourself in flag and pretending your some kind if patriot. Patriots don't sell their kids, friends and neigbours out that's what BREITers have done.

Where oh where do you start with drivel like this "

TBH Andy I,m thinking of ignoring their post in future they just don't get it.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

OH is that right well when you grown up and you know what the word CONTROL means just maybe someone might listen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And which is also whitewashing out of history the ridiculous lies and claims that BREXIT made.

And what about the ridiculous lies that Remain made they were no better than each other. David Cameron decided to give the UK people a referendum with no plan if we voted out and ended up going from the PM of the UK to nobody in less than 3 months, what guy."

David Cameron would never have allowed the referendum to happen during his tenure, but had to promise it in order to stop UKIP grabbing the ballance of power in the last general election.

The man we all have to thank for getting us out of the communist dinosaur federalist clique, is Nigel Farage. I never liked him, thought he was fake, but have to admit, the man is a genius.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Yes it does. So maybe you can tell us the processes involved in working living or studying in an EU country now and what the differences will be when we have left the EU. And likewise people coming to the UK now and then?"

Maybe you should tell us how it's gping to be different from now and, if it's not going to any different, just what exactly is it that 'take back control' actualy means

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

What part of the word CONTROL don't you understand, when you control something you can stop, reduce or fully open. Control our borders mean we let in those we want and keep out the ones we don't. It does,nt mean our borders are closed you ewally should take a chill pill. "

I understand what the word 'control' means, do you? Because you lot just voted for the UK to have no control over what happens in Europe and will affect us whether we're in the EU or not.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

OH is that right well when you grown up and you know what the word CONTROL means just maybe someone might listen. "

BREXITers never listen to anything anyhow. If they did they wouldn't have voted for BREXIT.

And, luckily, I grew up in a country that was a member of the EU and all the benefits that that brings to us all. If you wanted to live in a Briton that wasn't a part of the EU why don't you bugger off to the Chanel Islands or better still to the Falklands (although I'm not sure traitor's who sell their own country out for a cheap slogan would be welcome there; you'd probably sell them out to the Argentines)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

BREXITers never listen to anything anyhow. If they did they wouldn't have voted for BREXIT.

And, luckily, I grew up in a country that was a member of the EU and all the benefits that that brings to us all. If you wanted to live in a Briton that wasn't a part of the EU why don't you bugger off to the Chanel Islands or better still to the Falklands (although I'm not sure traitor's who sell their own country out for a cheap slogan would be welcome there; you'd probably sell them out to the Argentines)"

sounds like a true quote from one mentally insane.

The UK can provide help on the NHS for insanity

Reply privately

By *oyce69Man
over a year ago

Driffield

"

I understand what the word 'control' means, do you? Because you lot just voted for the UK to have no control over what happens in Europe and will affect us whether we're in the EU or not."

I don't believe we have ever had any control over what happens in Europe and nothing would have changed if we had stayed.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

I understand what the word 'control' means, do you? Because you lot just voted for the UK to have no control over what happens in Europe and will affect us whether we're in the EU or not.

I don't believe we have ever had any control over what happens in Europe and nothing would have changed if we had stayed. "

Then you clearly haven't really looked into it.

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"

And, luckily, I grew up in a country that was a member of the EU and all the benefits that that brings to us all. If you wanted to live in a Briton that wasn't a part of the EU why don't you bugger off to the Chanel Islands or better still to the Falklands (although I'm not sure traitor's who sell their own country out for a cheap slogan would be welcome there; you'd probably sell them out to the Argentines)

The UK can provide help on the NHS for insanity"

I'm not insane but I am mad as hell that a bunch of small minded, xenophobic English tractors have voted to make the UK the bankrupt, back alley of a county that it was rapidly heading towards back in the 70's

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm not insane but I am mad as hell that a bunch of small minded, xenophobic English tractors have voted to make the UK the bankrupt, back alley of a county that it was rapidly heading towards back in the 70's"

others may disagree with your sanity due to your quotes

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"

I don't believe we have ever had any control over what happens in Europe and nothing would have changed if we had stayed. "

The UK could have had as much control as it wished.

The fact that for 40 years, UK governments chose not to bother, and not to exercise the controls they had, is not the fault if the EU.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes it does. So maybe you can tell us the processes involved in working living or studying in an EU country now and what the differences will be when we have left the EU. And likewise people coming to the UK now and then?

Maybe you should tell us how it's gping to be different from now and, if it's not going to any different, just what exactly is it that 'take back control' actualy means"

Why should I? You are the one moaning. Tell us exactly how things will be different both ways?

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

I'm not insane but I am mad as hell that a bunch of small minded, xenophobic English tractors have voted to make the UK the bankrupt, back alley of a county that it was rapidly heading towards back in the 70's"

Your so funny keep it up makes my day.

Quote "I,m not insane but I am mad" funny as fuck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think we should give Scotland independence, on the understanding that remainers can all go and live there permanently. They must want independence hence why SNP winning nearly the whole country in the last election.

Let the new nationalist government at Hollyrood rejoin the EU, then then the exodus can begin. Yeeeeehaaaaa!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 18:43:19]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

small minded, xenophobic English tractors have voted to make the UK the bankrupt, back alley of a county that it was rapidly heading towards back in the 70's"

So you're not insane its just the tractors your mad at

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

small minded, xenophobic English tractors have voted to make the UK the bankrupt, back alley of a county that it was rapidly heading towards back in the 70's

So you're not insane its just the tractors your mad at "

is it all tractors? or only certain colours?

signature colours.

•Case IH –Fire Engine Red.

•AGCO (Massey Ferguson) –Orange-Red.

•Kubota –Orange.

•CAT Lexion Series –Yellow.

•John Deere –Green.

•Ford/New Holland –Blue.

•Gleaner –Silver.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

small minded, xenophobic English tractors have voted to make the UK the bankrupt, back alley of a county that it was rapidly heading towards back in the 70's

So you're not insane its just the tractors your mad at

is it all tractors? or only certain colours?

signature colours.

•Case IH –Fire Engine Red.

•AGCO (Massey Ferguson) –Orange-Red.

•Kubota –Orange.

•CAT Lexion Series –Yellow.

•John Deere –Green.

•Ford/New Holland –Blue.

•Gleaner –Silver.

"

Just the BIG ones.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't care much about being called names or having stupid labels attached. Sometimes I bite back, but that is only against spite.

I sat up all night after an evening shift, and watched the referendum results come in, and I admit, I cried tears of joy when the vote to leave was confirmed. I have wanted our country out of the EU for a very long time, but never expected it to happen in my lifetime.

The negative news, fake polls, the attempts to ridicule out voters, even trying to align us with members of the far right. Yes they also supported BREXIT, but then the far left supported remain, but that never made the news or other mainstream media.

The furor of false panic and negativity ever since the referendum is sickening. We are being treated like silly children who didn't know what we were doing and shouldn't have had the right to a vote.

There will be a recession, there is always a bloody recession. It is going to happen the world over, and will have nothing to do with Britain leaving the EU. Recession is always caused by the importing of cheap foreign goods, the utter greed of big businesses and bankers, plus of course the unfair high income tax rates applied to anyone who is good enough to earn a high wage.

But there is no shortage of small minded people who will blame the whole thing on us LEAVE voters.

Pathetic.

Reply privately

By *tillup4fun OP   Man
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I don't care much about being called names or having stupid labels attached. Sometimes I bite back, but that is only against spite.

I sat up all night after an evening shift, and watched the referendum results come in, and I admit, I cried tears of joy when the vote to leave was confirmed. I have wanted our country out of the EU for a very long time, but never expected it to happen in my lifetime.

The negative news, fake polls, the attempts to ridicule out voters, even trying to align us with members of the far right. Yes they also supported BREXIT, but then the far left supported remain, but that never made the news or other mainstream media.

The furor of false panic and negativity ever since the referendum is sickening. We are being treated like silly children who didn't know what we were doing and shouldn't have had the right to a vote.

There will be a recession, there is always a bloody recession. It is going to happen the world over, and will have nothing to do with Britain leaving the EU. Recession is always caused by the importing of cheap foreign goods, the utter greed of big businesses and bankers, plus of course the unfair high income tax rates applied to anyone who is good enough to earn a high wage.

But there is no shortage of small minded people who will blame the whole thing on us LEAVE voters.

Pathetic."

Well said mate.

Reply privately

By *isandreTV/TS
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"

Pathetic."

Is that you beginning to realise that Brexit isn't going to sort all our problems and have us with loads of extra cash sloshing around?

Is it you starting to think actually, now that I'm having to look at a few of the complexities and a few of the claims made, this could result in an overall gradual decline in our standard of living?

Because I will be blaming you.

If it goes the other way, economically, which it could, I'll hold my hands up.

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

What do you care? Why not just put your hands up and surrender like the french have always done? Vichy anyone?! "

This is un-called for. Being overrun in 1940 was a singular French disaster. But they ultimately won. But before and since they've had a solid competent military.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

What do you care? Why not just put your hands up and surrender like the french have always done? Vichy anyone?!

This is un-called for. Being overrun in 1940 was a singular French disaster. But they ultimately won. But before and since they've had a solid competent military. "

Indeed; and in 1940 the French chose to divert half of their army from its defensive position and deploy deploy it to screen the defeated British Army as it retreated to Dunkirk, so that as many as many as possible could getaway to fight another day.

In the first gulf war, the French Army provided the left flank screen force with techniques and equipment that neither the UK or the US possessed .

The recent successful French Army operation in Mali against the African Al Qaeda was stunning in its efficiency and speed.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Oh, and by the way I am not French ; ( well I do now have Dual French / UK nationality by naturalization ) but I was seconded to the French Army from the British Army for 3 years.

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

This is un-called for. Being overrun in 1940 was a singular French disaster. But they ultimately won. But before and since they've had a solid competent military.

Indeed; and in 1940 the French chose to divert half of their army from its defensive position and deploy deploy it to screen the defeated British Army as it retreated to Dunkirk, so that as many as many as possible could getaway to fight another day.

In the first gulf war, the French Army provided the left flank screen force with techniques and equipment that neither the UK or the US possessed .

The recent successful French Army operation in Mali against the African Al Qaeda was stunning in its efficiency and speed. "

Plus of course the Giants of French military history, Napoleon, Louis XIV and Charlemont

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Grrr!!! Bloody auto-correct! I meant Charlemagne!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Pathetic.

Is that you beginning to realise that Brexit isn't going to sort all our problems and have us with loads of extra cash sloshing around?

Is it you starting to think actually, now that I'm having to look at a few of the complexities and a few of the claims made, this could result in an overall gradual decline in our standard of living?

If it goes the other way, economically, which it could, I'll hold my hands up. "

You are only quoting and indeed answering a small part of my post. This is not uncommon for someone who cannot respond to it in its entirety.

The vote to leave was just, and correct, it was a victory for the people of the United Kingdom, we will at last soon be free.

Leftists will continue to scoff at the majority, while also continuing to believe that they themselves are indeed the majority. This has been proven time and again to be a falsehood, as most British people are at the least centre right.

Comrade Corbyn will never be elected, as morpey Milliband before him, and the comical Kinock betwict Milliband and plastic Tory Phony Blair.

The reality of Labour was realised by Brown, who brought this country to the brink of total bankruptcy, even after being the chanceller of the exchequer.

So the chances of BREXIT being overturned are less than none. As Trump said in the US, the British people have spoken, and we will never again be silent.

We won, the red scum lost, time to move on.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"

Pathetic.

If it goes the other way, economically, which it could, I'll hold my hands up.

You are only quoting and indeed answering a small part of my post. This is not uncommon for someone who cannot respond to it in its entirety.

The vote to leave was just, and correct, it was a victory for the people of the United Kingdom, we will at last soon be free.

Leftists will continue to scoff at the majority, while also continuing to believe that they themselves are indeed the majority. This has been proven time and again to be a falsehood, as most British people are at the least centre right.

Comrade Corbyn will never be elected, as morpey Milliband before him, and the comical Kinock betwict Milliband and plastic Tory Phony Blair.

The reality of Labour was realised by Brown, who brought this country to the brink of total bankruptcy, even after being the chanceller of the exchequer.

So the chances of BREXIT being overturned are less than none. As Trump said in the US, the British people have spoken, and we will never again be silent.

We won, the red scum lost, time to move on."

Wow... Just wow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

FIN!

Reply privately