Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Trump/Clinton the debate.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now it has been fully confirmed who the candidates for USA top job will be...I thought we could look at the good points of each candidate.

I'll start.

Trump: He isn't Hilary Clinton

Clinton: She isn't Donald Trump.

Ermmmmm. I'm stuck now. Can anyone else help? We think we have problems here....? USA are screwed with this as their only choice!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

An independent candidate may still emerge...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The best analogy I heard was that the us is like a train heading for a derailing both of them will increase the speed of the train and neither will fix the derailing however trump may just rip out the reverse gear as well making it impossible to reverse anything!.

Hillary is very hawkish,i think your likely to see more foreign conflicts with her, trump is unpredictable, youy might get internal conflict with him?.

I don't really like either of them to be honest, Hilary's a lying scumbag weasel that will say anything for power..... Trumps exactly the same but with less tact

By *horehouseCouple
over a year ago

dissatisfied

"The best analogy I heard was that the us is like a train heading for a derailing both of them will increase the speed of the train and neither will fix the derailing however trump may just rip out the reverse gear as well making it impossible to reverse anything!.

Hillary is very hawkish,i think your likely to see more foreign conflicts with her, trump is unpredictable, youy might get internal conflict with him?.

I don't really like either of them to be honest, Hilary's a lying scumbag weasel that will say anything for power..... Trumps exactly the same but with less tact"

two plusses here it will distract from the debacle on brexit and the pound should rise against the dollar with either of them ...

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I've always thought it the mark of a robust political system that it can cope with fools, idiots and maniacs at the helm

By *horehouseCouple
over a year ago

dissatisfied

"I've always thought it the mark of a robust political system that it can cope with fools, idiots and maniacs at the helm "

They did cope with Ray gun strange breed the yanks ..

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I've always thought it the mark of a robust political system that it can cope with fools, idiots and maniacs at the helm

They did cope with Ray gun strange breed the yanks .."

If you look at his record you will see that Reagan actually turned out to be one of the best post war leaders they have had.

I'm still trying to think of any other good points for either candidate so far.

How likely is an independent candidate...has it ever happened before?

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"I've always thought it the mark of a robust political system that it can cope with fools, idiots and maniacs at the helm

If you look at his record you will see that Reagan actually turned out to be one of the best post war leaders they have had.

How likely is an independent candidate...has it ever happened before?"

He certainly made the world safer by getting the arms race under control.

At least with the two houses to get stuff by there is hope that either can be controlled, BO has been pretty poor IMVHO mainly he would say because he cant get stuff pass congress, he sounded really great before his first term but doesnt seem to have changed much

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"

If you look at his record you will see that Reagan actually turned out to be one of the best post war leaders they have had."

Really?

Lets see what high points I can remember:

Sending troops to Lebenon, then pulling them out after the Beirut suicide bomb (first time used against west).

Invading Granada.

The Iran Contra Affair, do you remember Casper Wienburg (US Defence Secretary) being pardoned by your hero to stop him going to jail and Olly North getting jailed.

Then there was the HUD scandal, cant quite remember what happened to the Secretary of the Interior... (ah google is my friend) convicted of 24 felonies.

Lobbying scandal, his chief of Staff convicted of lying to Congress and a Federal Grand Jury.

The EPA scandals.

The Inslaw Affair (that was corruption at the DoJ).

Savings and Loan crisis.

Operation Ill Wind.

Wedtech scandal.

One thing is sure he headed up an administration that has the worst proven post war corruption record.

And you think this is a record to be admired.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"

Really?

Lets see what high points I can remember:

Sending troops to Lebenon, then pulling them out after the Beirut suicide bomb (first time used against west).

Invading Granada.

The Iran Contra Affair, do you remember Casper Wienburg (US Defence Secretary) being pardoned by your hero to stop him going to jail and Olly North getting jailed.

Then there was the HUD scandal, cant quite remember what happened to the Secretary of the Interior... (ah google is my friend) convicted of 24 felonies.

Lobbying scandal, his chief of Staff convicted of lying to Congress and a Federal Grand Jury.

The EPA scandals.

The Inslaw Affair (that was corruption at the DoJ).

Savings and Loan crisis.

Operation Ill Wind.

Wedtech scandal.

One thing is sure he headed up an administration that has the worst proven post war corruption record.

And you think this is a record to be admired. "

The OP didn't say that Reagan was any good... just that he was one of the best they've had since the war.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

How likely is an independent candidate...has it ever happened before?

He certainly made the world safer by getting the arms race under control.

At least with the two houses to get stuff by there is hope that either can be controlled, BO has been pretty poor IMVHO mainly he would say because he cant get stuff pass congress, he sounded really great before his first term but doesnt seem to have changed much"

I had Bush II in mind but whatever

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"The OP didn't say that Reagan was any good... just that he was one of the best they've had since the war. "

I know what was said, I was pointing out the reality.

And just to be clear if you want to name a good president try Clinton.

After the car crash of corruption and financial malfeasance that was Reagan he managed to correct the federal budget in his first 4 years and run a surplus reducing the US federal debt in all 4 years of his second term. Remember that is stated the holy grail of the Republican right wingers.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"The OP didn't say that Reagan was any good... just that he was one of the best they've had since the war.

After the car crash of corruption and financial malfeasance that was Reagan he managed to correct the federal budget in his first 4 years and run a surplus reducing the US federal debt in all 4 years of his second term. Remember that is stated the holy grail of the Republican right wingers."

I was actually being tongue in cheek....

But I agree with you about Clinton. Not sure at all about Clinton Mk2 though.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The OP didn't say that Reagan was any good... just that he was one of the best they've had since the war.

After the car crash of corruption and financial malfeasance that was Reagan he managed to correct the federal budget in his first 4 years and run a surplus reducing the US federal debt in all 4 years of his second term. Remember that is stated the holy grail of the Republican right wingers."

the wierd thing is that the perception is that the republicans always save... and the democrats always spend... whereas the reality is that the dems as the ones who always run a surplus.. and the pubs are the ones who give all that money away in tax breaks for their rich mates....

last weeks RNC was a bit (mildly) of a clusterfuck...... this week the will be interesting to see how the DNC counter...

were as last week was all about the republicans attacking clinton... and each other.... i think what you will see next week from the democrats is a lot more on policy positions....(that is going to be thanks to bernie)

you'll see universal healthcare mentioned a lot... a huge rise in the national minimum wage mentioned... pro choice positions for women... equal rights for LGBT, black lives matter and the role of communities and policing.....

the great thing about the dems... they have a shed load of people who can give a good speech and they will all be rolled out next week... pres and michelle obama, elizabeth warren, bernie sanders, bill clinton, deval patrick, cory booker, ect.........

tim kahne is a safe pair of hands as a vp pick.... has a shed load of foreign policy experience, former popular govenor in a state that will be in play (virginia) and is a super fluent spanish speaker, which is rare for someone not hispanic/latino... but will certainly help get the message across in a lot of battleground states (florida, nevada, colorado, new mexico , arizona ect ect.....)

Post new Message to Thread