Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Beirut

Jump to newest

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple
1 week ago

midlands

With the latest attacks, is this going to lead to Iran joining the war with Israel?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wo4thirdCouple
1 week ago

St. Leonards-on-Sea

I'd say they would be reluctant because they know that means America would probably join in but this is getting out of hand now so who knows.

By *vonne5exMan
1 week ago

Doncaster

Iran is the problem, they sponsored Hamas and also sponsor other terrorist groups around the middle East, I don't expect Israel to hang back if the Iranians don't reel their neck in.

By *idnight RamblerMan
7 days ago

Pershore

I'm not sure Iran would risk an outright war with Israel. It risks defeat and collapse of the ruling Islamic Republic. Iran's long term policy has been to wage war through proxies.

By *ovebjsMan
7 days ago

Bristol

Iran will just keep on using their useful idiots and will not get involved in frontline action.

By *estivalMan
7 days ago

borehamwood

"Iran will just keep on using their useful idiots and will not get involved in frontline action.

"

so a bit like us and america with russia, using the usefull idiots in ukraine instead of fighting russia ourselves

By *immyinreadingMan
7 days ago

henley on thames

"Iran will just keep on using their useful idiots and will not get involved in frontline action.

so a bit like us and america with russia, using the usefull idiots in ukraine instead of fighting russia ourselves"

Not really. I don’t thing Ukraine started that conflict. Do you?

By *imba NinjaMan
7 days ago

Aberdeen

so a bit like us and america with russia, using the usefull idiots in ukraine instead of fighting russia ourselves"

Strange thing to say when Ukraine are defending themselves from an aggressive Russian attack that was unprovoked.

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunity

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS
7 days ago

Glasgow

so a bit like us and america with russia, using the usefull idiots in ukraine instead of fighting russia ourselves

Strange thing to say when Ukraine are defending themselves from an aggressive Russian attack that was unprovoked.

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunity"

A bit harsh when some former US military advisers and Generals have said the causes of the conflict are much more nuanced than portraited.

By *imba NinjaMan
7 days ago

Aberdeen

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunity

A bit harsh when some former US military advisers and Generals have said the causes of the conflict are much more nuanced than portraited."

I think calling a nation trying to defend its own survival "useful idiots" is a bit harsh to be fair

At the end of the day Russia invaded them not the other way round

7 days ago

Glasgow

A bit harsh when some former US military advisers and Generals have said the causes of the conflict are much more nuanced than portraited.

I think calling a nation trying to defend its own survival "useful idiots" is a bit harsh to be fair

"

So you don't think the conflict was avoidable with better diplomacy from both sides..?

By *ostindreamsMan
7 days ago

London

So you don't think the conflict was avoidable with better diplomacy from both sides..?"

For Russia, a diplomatic agreement was giving them all the territory they wanted. Do you think Ukraine should just bend over to them?

By *imba NinjaMan
7 days ago

Aberdeen

So you don't think the conflict was avoidable with better diplomacy from both sides..?"

I said nothing of the sort.

Is every conflict avoidable with better diplomacy from both sides?

It depends when you think this war started I suppose.

In 2014 when the little green men with no insignia on their uniforms invaded Crimea didn't leave any opportunity for diplomacy as I recall.

By *ovebjsMan
7 days ago

Bristol

So Russia invaded us ? No I didn’t think so 🤣

6 days ago

Glasgow

So you don't think the conflict was avoidable with better diplomacy from both sides..?

For Russia, a diplomatic agreement was giving them all the territory they wanted. Do you think Ukraine should just bend over to them?"

That's conveniently ignoring events leading upto that point.

6 days ago

Glasgow

In 2014 when the little green men with no insignia on their uniforms invaded Crimea didn't leave any opportunity for diplomacy as I recall."

There were events that happened before Crimea. Bottom line is the conflict is a strategic geopolitical power struggle between the USA and Russia. The Ukraine, UK and Europe are just pawns in the middle.

By *immyinreadingMan
6 days ago

henley on thames

For Russia, a diplomatic agreement was giving them all the territory they wanted. Do you think Ukraine should just bend over to them?"

Russia don’t don’t diplomacy. They smash and grab and then demand that they keep their spoils.

By *imba NinjaMan
6 days ago

Aberdeen

In 2014 when the little green men with no insignia on their uniforms invaded Crimea didn't leave any opportunity for diplomacy as I recall.

There were events that happened before Crimea. Bottom line is the conflict is a strategic geopolitical power struggle between the USA and Russia. The Ukraine, UK and Europe are just pawns in the middle. "

Absolutely there are events before Crimea.Both countries have a long history.

But the bottom line is this. Russia invaded an innocent country to kill innocent people who are fighting for their very existence.

Trying to deny a whole country doesn't even exist and that people from Ukraine don't exist as they are all Russian according to Putin.

Despite the fact the Kyiv city is over 500 years older than Moscow!

By *ostindreamsMan
6 days ago

London

For Russia, a diplomatic agreement was giving them all the territory they wanted. Do you think Ukraine should just bend over to them?

That's conveniently ignoring events leading upto that point. "

Which events?

By *estivalMan
6 days ago

borehamwood

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunity"

oh there usefully idiots for believing the west when they said they will give them everything they need to win lol only reason we are backing them is to run down russia reserves they will never be given what they need to win,you think the likes of biden and Boris the clown ever gave a fuck about the Ukrainian people,don't matter if rusdia win or lose,that land now belongs either to russia or Blackrock and vanguard the Ukrainians were always in a lose lose situation as soon as the war started,unfortunately they have a comedian running the country

By *ostindreamsMan
6 days ago

London

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunityoh there usefully idiots for believing the west when they said they will give them everything they need to win lol only reason we are backing them is to run down russia reserves they will never be given what they need to win,you think the likes of biden and Boris the clown ever gave a fuck about the Ukrainian people,don't matter if rusdia win or lose,that land now belongs either to russia or Blackrock and vanguard the Ukrainians were always in a lose lose situation as soon as the war started,unfortunately they have a comedian running the country"

What do you think should have happened? Ukraine just giving away all the territory that Russia asks?

I am not saying the West is supporting Ukraine for moral reasons. From the perspective of the West, Putin wouldn't stop at Ukraine and so it makes sense to try and stop him as much as possible in Ukraine. This way, they avoid a full-fledged war later.

From Ukrainian perspective, they are fighting for their own safety. They would rather have Western support in the war than not to have it.

What alternate response do you propose in this situation?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 days ago

nearby

Another senior member of Hezbollah taken down today.

By *imba NinjaMan
6 days ago

Aberdeen

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunityoh there usefully idiots for believing the west when they said they will give them everything they need to win lol only reason we are backing them is to run down russia reserves they will never be given what they need to win,you think the likes of biden and Boris the clown ever gave a fuck about the Ukrainian people,don't matter if rusdia win or lose,that land now belongs either to russia or Blackrock and vanguard the Ukrainians were always in a lose lose situation as soon as the war started,unfortunately they have a comedian running the country"

Like I said earlier you sound like the Russian's useful idiot promoting the Kremlin line at any chance.

This thread is titled Beirut but you somehow make it about Russia's aggressive war against the innocent Ukrainian people. Promoting a very pro Kremlin line every time you do.You've done it on loads of other threads too.

By *idnight RamblerMan
6 days ago

Pershore

"Another senior member of Hezbollah taken down today. "

Must've missed the message on his pager

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 days ago

nearby

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, called on Muslims on Saturday “to stand by the people of Lebanon and the proud Hezbollah with whatever means they have and assist them in confronting the wicked regime of Israel”.

By *idnight RamblerMan
6 days ago

Pershore

"Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, called on Muslims on Saturday “to stand by the people of Lebanon and the proud Hezbollah with whatever means they have and assist them in confronting the wicked regime of Israel”."

In Syria they are out on the streets celebrating

By *estivalMan
6 days ago

borehamwood

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunityoh there usefully idiots for believing the west when they said they will give them everything they need to win lol only reason we are backing them is to run down russia reserves they will never be given what they need to win,you think the likes of biden and Boris the clown ever gave a fuck about the Ukrainian people,don't matter if rusdia win or lose,that land now belongs either to russia or Blackrock and vanguard the Ukrainians were always in a lose lose situation as soon as the war started,unfortunately they have a comedian running the country

Like I said earlier you sound like the Russian's useful idiot promoting the Kremlin line at any chance.

This thread is titled Beirut but you somehow make it about Russia's aggressive war against the innocent Ukrainian people. Promoting a very pro Kremlin line every time you do.You've done it on loads of other threads too.

"

you can think I'm pro russia all you like sunshine,personally I give as much as a fuck about russians as I do about ukraine,unlike yourself I'm not under the illusion it's all russias fault and yes us and america as usual stuck our nose into something that had fuck all to do with us.i doubt you even knew where ukraine was on a map up until 2022

By *estivalMan
6 days ago

borehamwood

You sound like a Russian useful idiot very keen to promote the Kremlin line at any given opportunityoh there usefully idiots for believing the west when they said they will give them everything they need to win lol only reason we are backing them is to run down russia reserves they will never be given what they need to win,you think the likes of biden and Boris the clown ever gave a fuck about the Ukrainian people,don't matter if rusdia win or lose,that land now belongs either to russia or Blackrock and vanguard the Ukrainians were always in a lose lose situation as soon as the war started,unfortunately they have a comedian running the country

"

ah I'm sorry I didn't realise we can only post stuff that promotes stuff you agree with,I bet your the sort of person that thinks anything the west supports is right and just eh

By *imba NinjaMan
6 days ago

Aberdeen

you can think I'm pro russia all you like sunshine,personally I give as much as a fuck about russians as I do about ukraine,unlike yourself I'm not under the illusion it's all russias fault and yes us and america as usual stuck our nose into something that had fuck all to do with us.i doubt you even knew where ukraine was on a map up until 2022"

You seem talented in knowing what I know without me actually stating it.Or shall we just call it assumptions on you're part?

I'm simply commenting on your pro Kremlin points of view that seems be everywhere.

You can assume all you like I'll just stick with what your posting and make no other assumptions about you that might make me look foolish or let my lack of humanity shine through

By *imba NinjaMan
6 days ago

Aberdeen

ah I'm sorry I didn't realise we can only post stuff that promotes stuff you agree with,I bet your the sort of person that thinks anything the west supports is right and just eh"

You can post whatever you like wherever you like it makes no odds to me.

It's the everything comes back to Ukraine being bad message you seem to be promoting everywhere that I find interesting

6 days ago

Glasgow

Which events? "

Come on now your a intelligent guy. The conflict is more than just about Ukraine, it's a geopolitics struggle between the US and Russia.

There's plenty of information on things that led to this point. Am not going to repeat everything that is widely available to be read.

From expansion of Nato to the orange revolution. The fact is no side wanted to back down that as led us to this point.

Imagine these leaders were in charge of the Cuban missile crisis where we would be now.

By *ortyairCouple
6 days ago

Wallasey

There were events that happened before Crimea. Bottom line is the conflict is a strategic geopolitical power struggle between the USA and Russia. The Ukraine, UK and Europe are just pawns in the middle. "

So what exactly are these events and why would they justify Russia from invading another country?

Mrs x

6 days ago

Glasgow

There were events that happened before Crimea. Bottom line is the conflict is a strategic geopolitical power struggle between the USA and Russia. The Ukraine, UK and Europe are just pawns in the middle.

But the bottom line is this. Russia invaded an innocent country to kill innocent people who are fighting for their very existence.

Trying to deny a whole country doesn't even exist and that people from Ukraine don't exist as they are all Russian according to Putin.

Despite the fact the Kyiv city is over 500 years older than Moscow! "

I don't think the age of the countries has anything to do with the conflict. But imagine the Chinese wanted to and succeeded in getting a pro Chinese government in Mexico. Then they wanted to have Chinese military bases in Mexico. Would Mexico be an innocent country in the eyes of the US..?

Or if Russia did that in Ireland, do you really think Britain would let it happen. Surely you are not that naive.

By *ostindreamsMan
6 days ago

London

Which events?

Come on now your a intelligent guy. The conflict is more than just about Ukraine, it's a geopolitics struggle between the US and Russia.

There's plenty of information on things that led to this point. Am not going to repeat everything that is widely available to be read.

From expansion of Nato to the orange revolution. The fact is no side wanted to back down that as led us to this point.

Imagine these leaders were in charge of the Cuban missile crisis where we would be now.

"

I am not saying the West is morally superior.

As I explained above, from the Western perspective, Putin wouldn't stop with Ukraine. So it's better to push against him in Ukraine itself before it becomes a full fledged war.

From Ukraine's perspective, they are being attacked by a dictator who would subject their population to atrocities. So they are fighting back. Getting Western weapons is helpful.

What alternative do you suggest?

By *ortyairCouple
6 days ago

Wallasey

I don't think the age of the countries has anything to do with the conflict. But imagine the Chinese wanted to and succeeded in getting a pro Chinese government in Mexico. Then they wanted to have Chinese military bases in Mexico. Would Mexico be an innocent country in the eyes of the US..?

Or if Russia did that in Ireland, do you really think Britain would let it happen. Surely you are not that naive. "

So you believe free nation states cannot have their own foreign policies? And if they can how would other countries dictate this? How exactly do you think the UK could alter the domestic policies of Eire?

Mrs x

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 days ago

nearby

Seven Hezbollah leaders killed since 20 September

Hamas boss Ismail Haniyeh assassinated in Iran and his two sons killed

3000 hezbollah fighters injured, many severely with explosives in their pagers

Mossad going for it.

By *ortyairCouple
6 days ago

Wallasey

Certainly are, attacking the Houthis in Yemen now,

Mrs x

6 days ago

Glasgow

Or if Russia did that in Ireland, do you really think Britain would let it happen. Surely you are not that naive. So you believe free nation states cannot have their own foreign policies? And if they can how would other countries dictate this? How exactly do you think the UK could alter the domestic policies of Eire?

Mrs x"

Very few countries are free. For example you think the UK could ever go against the US in foreign policy ..? There's a pecking order in the world. The lower down you are in the pecking the less free you are. There's probably only 3 countries that are free to pursue a independent foreign policy The US, China and Russia.

6 days ago

Glasgow

What do you think should have happened? Ukraine just giving away all the territory that Russia asks?

I am not saying the West is supporting Ukraine for moral reasons. From the perspective of the West, Putin wouldn't stop at Ukraine and so it makes sense to try and stop him as much as possible in Ukraine. This way, they avoid a full-fledged war later.

From Ukrainian perspective, they are fighting for their own safety. They would rather have Western support in the war than not to have it.

What alternate response do you propose in this situation?"

The time was long before the invasion.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/04/14/biden-official-admits-us-refused-to-address-ukraine-and-nato-before-russian-invasion/

By *ostindreamsMan
6 days ago

London

What alternate response do you propose in this situation?

The time was long before the invasion.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/04/14/biden-official-admits-us-refused-to-address-ukraine-and-nato-before-russian-invasion/

"

When did the Crimea invasion happen? Was it also because Putin was scared that Ukraine would join NATO? Countries aren't forced to join NATO. They join because they see a clear threat from Russia.

By *ortyairCouple
6 days ago

Wallasey

Or if Russia did that in Ireland, do you really think Britain would let it happen. Surely you are not that naive. So you believe free nation states cannot have their own foreign policies? And if they can how would other countries dictate this? How exactly do you think the UK could alter the domestic policies of Eire?

Mrs x Very few countries are free. For example you think the UK could ever go against the US in foreign policy ..? There's a pecking order in the world. The lower down you are in the pecking the less free you are. There's probably only 3 countries that are free to pursue a independent foreign policy The US, China and Russia."

Didn't the Americans oppose the Falklands War but we sent our Armada anyway. Mrs x

By *arakiss12TV/TS
5 days ago

Bedford

I'd be very surprised if Iran went nuclear because the fallout would blow their way, same with Russia/Ukraine. Plus China would get it from both directs and they wouldn't be happy.

Iran would lose a conventional war. They aren't technically advanced enough.

So they're back to terror cells doing annoying sporadic attacks.

What would be cool is if Iran shelves its ego and say OK we stop aiding Lebanon and Palestine with arms and tell Yemen to back off and Russia to mind their own business and start building a partnership with Israel.

Accept Gaza isn't working as it will become too densely populated in the future as there is no birth control because they have an agenda to out populate the rest of the world, repatriate Palestinians into Lebanon, shake hands and live happily ever after.

The other option is, get rid of all the borders and accept they are all brothers and sisters, have a and Iive in peace and harmony like 1973.

By *immyinreadingMan
5 days ago

henley on thames

you can think I'm pro russia all you like sunshine,personally I give as much as a fuck about russians as I do about ukraine,unlike yourself I'm not under the illusion it's all russias fault and yes us and america as usual stuck our nose into something that had fuck all to do with us.i doubt you even knew where ukraine was on a map up until 2022"

It’s not Russia’s fault that they invaded crimea and then Ukraine? I see …

By *immyinreadingMan
5 days ago

henley on thames

"Seven Hezbollah leaders killed since 20 September

Mossad going for it. "

… and so many women and children too.

By *immyinreadingMan
5 days ago

henley on thames

Mrs x"

“Eire” refers to the island of Ireland, which includes ROI and part of the UK. Did you mean ROI?

By *imba NinjaMan
5 days ago

Aberdeen

Or if Russia did that in Ireland, do you really think Britain would let it happen. Surely you are not that naive. "

I'm certainly not naive enough to play let's pretend fantasy hypotheticals and compare them to reality no

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

Another one down

Hamas leader Sherif Abu el-Amin has been killed in an Israeli attack in the south Beirut

This is a modern day remake of Munich.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

Mossad going for it.

… and so many women and children too. "

50,000 in Gaza. And two million homeless

800+ in Lebanon. One million displaced.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
5 days ago

Border of London

"Another one down

Hamas leader Sherif Abu el-Amin has been killed in an Israeli attack in the south Beirut

This is a modern day remake of Munich. "

Munich was revenge, retribution and deterrence.

This is survival against an immediate and existential threat.

By *ortyairCouple
5 days ago

Wallasey

Mossad going for it.

800+ in Lebanon. One million displaced. "

The figure you quote for Gaza is total number killed, including combatants. Also 2 million cannot be homeless as that's nearly the total population of Gaza. I know an extraordinary amount of damage has been done but not to every home in Gaza.

Mrs x

By *estivalMan
5 days ago

borehamwood

you can think I'm pro russia all you like sunshine,personally I give as much as a fuck about russians as I do about ukraine,unlike yourself I'm not under the illusion it's all russias fault and yes us and america as usual stuck our nose into something that had fuck all to do with us.i doubt you even knew where ukraine was on a map up until 2022

It’s not Russia’s fault that they invaded crimea and then Ukraine? I see … "

did I say it wasn't there fault? No I said its not ALL there fault

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

Mossad going for it.

800+ in Lebanon. One million displaced. The figure you quote for Gaza is total number killed, including combatants. Also 2 million cannot be homeless as that's nearly the total population of Gaza. I know an extraordinary amount of damage has been done but not to every home in Gaza.

Mrs x"

According to the UN, up to 1.9 million people in Gaza are internally displaced, including people who have been displaced nine or 10 times. Previous estimations were 1.7 million but this was before the operation in Rafah, and since May there have been additional displacements from Rafah and other parts across the Gaza Strip. (Unwra)

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple
4 days ago

midlands

Iran has joined the war today.

Post new Message to Thread