Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Huw gets six months suspended

Jump to newest

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
3 days ago

Peterborough

Because he apologised... disgraceful. Someone like that is only apologetic because they got caught. I'm sure the victims take on board his apology 🤨

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS
3 days ago

Glasgow

"Because he apologised... disgraceful. Someone like that is only apologetic because they got caught. I'm sure the victims take on board his apology 🤨"

It does sound very lenient. Maybe has a public figure he should have been made an example how.

Any idea how hid punishment compares to similar offenders.

By *ill69888Couple
3 days ago

cheltenham

Disgusting. Should be jailed! I really hope that sentencing is challenged! People got 3 years for nasty tweets, it’s disgraceful that he has been effectively let off with a slap on the wrists.

Two tier justice!

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

So people get jailed for saying racist things online or inciting the riots (as they should - prison capacity notwithstanding).

But someone who solicited obscene paedo images gets a suspended sentence?

WTAF

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"So people get jailed for saying racist things online or inciting the riots (as they should - prison capacity notwithstanding).

But someone who solicited obscene paedo images gets a suspended sentence?

WTAF"

Report stated he would have got a year. I assume a year in prison. We should not have to assume though. Anything connected to the @buse of children should automatically receive incarceration!

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
3 days ago

Peterborough

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13855757/huw-edwards-court-bisexuality-excuse-infidelity.html

WTF the judge should be disbarred if the DM report is accurate. In fact I was so incensed I couldn't read it all...

The remorse Huw feels is for betraying his wife and children.

Sentence suspended as he is a suicide risk, ie vulnerable. Too bloody bad, is this because he is a public figure?

Some crap about his bi-sexuality... that is not why he is going on the sex register for 7 years.

He admitted 3 charges on "making" indecent images.

By *ools and the brainCouple
3 days ago

couple, us we him her.

Stick him in belmarsh for a couple of years that'll sort him out!

By *itaminMan
3 days ago

Felixstowe

Yes, the entire justice system is not fit for purpose. Nothing is fit for purpose anymore tbh.

By *estivalMan
3 days ago

borehamwood

Why is anyone surprised he is in the upper classes circle,dude was never gona see the inside of a prison,I doubt he even saw the inside of a cell in the police station when he was first nicked for it,and let's not forget he got paid 200 grand while suspendedfrom the suckers who pay the tv licence

By *ostindreamsMan
3 days ago

London

And then some get shocked when people don't trust the system anymore.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS
3 days ago

Glasgow

It really is an affront to justice this sentence. To rub it in , the guy who sold Edwards the images Alex Williams also had his 12 month suspended.

These people create a market for exploitation of vulnerable children and should be dealt accordingly.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
3 days ago

Its the judges or law makers that need looking at, You could go back years and find hundreds of sick cunts getting off with a lenient sentence

By *onica-mayhemWoman
3 days ago

Belfast/dublin

"Why is anyone surprised he is in the upper classes circle,dude was never gona see the inside of a prison,I doubt he even saw the inside of a cell in the police station when he was first nicked for it,and let's not forget he got paid 200 grand while suspendedfrom the suckers who pay the tv licence "

But he's done such a good job at spreading lies, misinformation, propaganda and bullshit for the establishment...a slap on the wrist for such a horrible crime is what should be expecte for a person of his standing. Maybe he holds a few truth bombs that they dare not risk getting exposed.

A regular person would've gotten a few years in jail at least.

By *exyusMan
3 days ago

halifax

i also want to know what who and happened to convicted pedo who he paid to send him the pics/vids etc?

By *eard and TattsCouple
3 days ago

Cwmbran

Lenient and convenient

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

He must know something about someone!

By *immyinreadingMan
3 days ago

henley on thames

"Stick him in belmarsh for a couple of years that'll sort him out!"

Well, that’s not happening

By *immyinreadingMan
3 days ago

henley on thames

"Why is anyone surprised he is in the upper classes circle,dude was never gona see the inside of a prison,I doubt he even saw the inside of a cell in the police station when he was first nicked for it,and let's not forget he got paid 200 grand while suspendedfrom the suckers who pay the tv licence "

Huw Edwards is upper class, is he? I never knew

By *immyinreadingMan
3 days ago

henley on thames

"He must know something about someone!"

The sentence is either in accordance with guidelines or it isn’t. I don’t think they suddenly invent different sentences out if fear that he might know “something about someone”.

If he held that amount of power then the story would never have come out. It did. The guy is destroyed.

By *estivalMan
3 days ago

borehamwood

"Why is anyone surprised he is in the upper classes circle,dude was never gona see the inside of a prison,I doubt he even saw the inside of a cell in the police station when he was first nicked for it,and let's not forget he got paid 200 grand while suspendedfrom the suckers who pay the tv licence

Huw Edwards is upper class, is he? I never knew "

I never said he was upper class I said he was in there circle,my my you really should actually read what people write instead of jumping In with both feet

By *immyinreadingMan
3 days ago

henley on thames

"Its the judges or law makers that need looking at, You could go back years and find hundreds of sick cunts getting off with a lenient sentence "

Are you criticising the laws for being too lenient?

Judges can only implement the laws that are there. They can’t just invent punishments

By *immyinreadingMan
3 days ago

henley on thames

"Why is anyone surprised he is in the upper classes circle,dude was never gona see the inside of a prison,I doubt he even saw the inside of a cell in the police station when he was first nicked for it,and let's not forget he got paid 200 grand while suspendedfrom the suckers who pay the tv licence

Huw Edwards is upper class, is he? I never knew I never said he was upper class I said he was in there circle,my my you really should actually read what people write instead of jumping In with both feet"

Who are the “upper class” people he mixes with?

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"Its the judges or law makers that need looking at, You could go back years and find hundreds of sick cunts getting off with a lenient sentence

Are you criticising the laws for being too lenient?

Judges can only implement the laws that are there. They can’t just invent punishments "

I think the poster is pointing out it's down to those who guide the length of sentences so that there is some standardisation of sentencing.

It is this that needs looking at. If incitement to make racist attacks is severely punished, so too for senders and recipients of indecent images as this is incitement to @buse.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
3 days ago

Peterborough

Oh he has suffered mental health issues because he didn't get into Oxford and felt an outcast at BBC (news at 6).

Diddums

By *ovebjsMan
2 days ago

Bristol

"i also want to know what who and happened to convicted pedo who he paid to send him the pics/vids etc?"

He had a six month suspended as well

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

"i also want to know what who and happened to convicted pedo who he paid to send him the pics/vids etc?

He had a six month suspended as well"

12 months, I thought? But yeah, suspended

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

"Oh he has suffered mental health issues because he didn't get into Oxford and felt an outcast at BBC (news at 6).

Diddums"

I did find that a bit of a head scratcher … not exactly an example of hardship, and zero relevance to the charges.

By *enSiskoMan
2 days ago

Cestus 3

There are people on here who were glad JSO got heavy sentences without opinions like those those sentences would have been hard to justify.

When it came to the large Israel protests people said they should be locked up.

But now Hue Edwards has been let off it is disgusting, but it is people like yourselves who allow/let these kind of things to happen.

I watched the coverage yesterday outside Westminster mags' they had a child @buse solicitor who was scathing against hue Edwards so scathing they changed the solicitor to lord Faulkner who then proceeded to discuss how eddy would be walking out of court today.

Bias, set up T.V.

By *eavenscentitCouple
2 days ago

barnstaple

"He must know something about someone!

The sentence is either in accordance with guidelines or it isn’t. I don’t think they suddenly invent different sentences out if fear that he might know “something about someone”.

If he held that amount of power then the story would never have come out. It did. The guy is destroyed. "

Destroyed! It's the children who are destroyed.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
2 days ago

Peterborough

"There are people on here who were glad JSO got heavy sentences without opinions like those those sentences would have been hard to justify.

But now Hue Edwards has been let off it is disgusting, but it is people like yourselves who allow/let these kind of things to happen.

I watched the coverage yesterday outside Westminster mags' they had a child @buse solicitor who was scathing against hue Edwards so scathing they changed the solicitor to lord Faulkner who then proceeded to discuss how eddy would be walking out of court today.

Bias, set up T.V."

Why compare totally different issues? They are totally incomparable.

How do we allow these things to happen? I've already mentioned sentencing guidelines and standardisation.

Set up TV? If they had one anti the sentencing and another explaining the sentencing, how is that a set up?

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

"Because he apologised... disgraceful. Someone like that is only apologetic because they got caught. I'm sure the victims take on board his apology 🤨"

No, it wasn’t just because he apologised. There are far more factors considered.

But yes, most of what he is feeling right now is probably self-pity and shame for being caught and having his career destroyed.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
2 days ago

Peterborough

If he held that amount of power then the story would never have come out. It did. The guy is destroyed.

Destroyed! It's the children who are destroyed. "

Exactly! If Huw has destroyed his career, relationships and reputation, and suffering with his mental health, they're the natural consequences of what he did. It's not punishment. But then neither is a suspended sentence 🤨.

The children are innocent but they will suffer. The @buse will affect their mental health and future relationships and possibly prevent/delay opportunities for successful careers!

But it's OK, he apologised 🤨

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

"There are people on here who were glad JSO got heavy sentences without opinions like those those sentences would have been hard to justify.

Bias, set up T.V."

Not sure what you’re saying there Ben, I don’t follow the logic.

You say people were happy for JSO to received heavy sentences, and that people also wanted the Israel protestors locked up, but then say people are disgusted at the light sentencing in the case of Huw Edwards (no, he wasn’t “let off”). I don’t see any inconsistency in that, people apparently wanting heavy sentences in all 3 cases.

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

Exactly! If Huw has destroyed his career, relationships and reputation, and suffering with his mental health, they're the natural consequences of what he did. It's not punishment. But then neither is a suspended sentence 🤨.

The children are innocent but they will suffer. The @buse will affect their mental health and future relationships and possibly prevent/delay opportunities for successful careers!

But it's OK, he apologised 🤨"

Nobody is saying it’s ok because he apologised. Nobody.

Completely agree that damage has been done to young people’s lives and that he has contributed to this.

I’m bemused that not only did Huw stay out of prison but so did the guy who sent him the material. But doesn’t mean that he has been led off.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
2 days ago

Peterborough

Completely agree that damage has been done to young people’s lives and that he has contributed to this.

I’m bemused that not only did Huw stay out of prison but so did the guy who sent him the material. But doesn’t mean that he has been led off. "

Inferred that from the suspended sentence (and I know there were other factors - pleading guilty in a timely manner and his mental health).

By *immyinreadingMan
2 days ago

henley on thames

I’m bemused that not only did Huw stay out of prison but so did the guy who sent him the material. But doesn’t mean that he has been led off.

Inferred that from the suspended sentence (and I know there were other factors - pleading guilty in a timely manner and his mental health)."

There’s a bit of a gap between what many of us consider a light sentence and “it’s ok, he apologised” though.

I’m pretty sure that nobody thinks it is “ok”

By *estivalMan
2 days ago

borehamwood

Should of been tourched like every other nonce should be

By *hawn ScottMan
1 day ago

london Brixton

Don't think that anyone will argue that this sentencing is too lenient.

However it is actually within the sentencing guilde lines!

The usual sentence for possessing such images is up to a year and then being on the sex offenders list for 10.

It will depend on the amount of images and their category.

Belive they found 41 images which is not a lot, however some were category A which is why I find it hard to believe he isn’t doing time.

I don't think this will be the end of it. The public outcry is too much to ignore and believe it will be reviewed by another judge

By *hawn ScottMan
1 day ago

london Brixton

OK watched some clips on black belt barristers channel who explains in more detail the sentencing and again whilst he doesn't agree, it does fall within the guidelines.

I found it difficult to watch and maybe that is part of the problem. Most of population can't comprehend people seeking this type of material and whilst cases like this are fairly common we don't really hear about them until its somebody famous.

Personaly I can't read news stories on how parents may have been treating their own children (won't name any cases) as it makes me want to vomit! So maybe I pretend that it doesn't exist

By *amantha_JadeWoman
20 hours ago

Newcastle

Absolutely disgraceful sentencing. I can’t say what I think should happen to him and other paedos or I’ll get banned.

By *hawn ScottMan
19 hours ago

london Brixton

And from the same channel, 8 out of 10 people caught in possession of this material do not go to prison, assuming its their first offence.

The government has asked the high chief justice or whatever the title is of the top UK judge to review it. I think it will be changed as its in the public interest but realistically it will be a year with possibility of probation after 6 months.

Again as difficult as it is to accept is that possession of pictures is not the same crime as acting out and a person can only be tried for crimes they have committed.

I'm sure nobody would bat an eyelid if he was was sent to the guillotine and maybe the sentencing guidelines might get reviwed after this but as said above it does fall within them at present.

But then if you look at the sentencing guidelines for possession of it's up to 5 years in prison. I don't honestly see that ever happening

By *immyinreadingMan
15 hours ago

henley on thames

"And from the same channel, 8 out of 10 people caught in possession of this material do not go to prison, assuming its their first offence.

The government has asked the high chief justice or whatever the title is of the top UK judge to review it. I think it will be changed as its in the public interest but realistically it will be a year with possibility of probation after 6 months.

Again as difficult as it is to accept is that possession of pictures is not the same crime as acting out and a person can only be tried for crimes they have committed.

I'm sure nobody would bat an eyelid if he was was sent to the guillotine and maybe the sentencing guidelines might get reviwed after this but as said above it does fall within them at present.

But then if you look at the sentencing guidelines for possession of it's up to 5 years in prison. I don't honestly see that ever happening

"

Yeah, although most of us are scratching our heads at lack of prison time, this isn’t exactly an outlier in terms of sentencing. It would actually have been a more unusual outcome if he had been sent to prison.

I don’t agree with the idea of suddenly making sentences harsher because of one case that is in the public eye. That sort of knee-jerk reaction is not the right way for the justice system to operate.

The comments about “torching”, executing, guillotining offenders … that’s not the way this country should operate.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
12 hours ago

Peterborough

"And from the same channel, 8 out of 10 people caught in possession of this material do not go to prison, assuming its their first offence.

Yeah, although most of us are scratching our heads at lack of prison time, this isn’t exactly an outlier in terms of sentencing. It would actually have been a more unusual outcome if he had been sent to prison.

I don’t agree with the idea of suddenly making sentences harsher because of one case that is in the public eye. That sort of knee-jerk reaction is not the right way for the justice system to operate.

The comments about “torching”, executing, guillotining offenders … that’s not the way this country should operate. "

I made a post about incomparable with JSO sentencing (personally think this is worse), but is comparable, "incitement to riot" on social media is comparable to incitement to abuse through send/receive such abhorrent images. Therefore sentencing does need increasing to ensure jail time.

By *ovebjsMan
9 hours ago

Bristol

Give it a few months I would not be surprised to see him getting caught up to naughties 👍

Post new Message to Thread