Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Sir Anthony Blair

Jump to newest

By *usybee73 OP   Man
5 days ago

in the sticks

Is he the one with his hand up sir two tier keir backside? Pulling the strings and giving the orders?

I suspect so, hence getting the unpopular decision in early, especially with the majority... something Blair would of done, and can see starmer being his lap dog.

But, if he was running things, would it diminished your support for the prime minister?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edonisthenryMan
5 days ago

Cambridge

"Is he the one with his hand up sir two tier keir backside? Pulling the strings and giving the orders?

I suspect so, hence getting the unpopular decision in early, especially with the majority... something Blair would of done, and can see starmer being his lap dog.

But, if he was running things, would it diminished your support for the prime minister?"

If you remember 'Dave' Cameron of the House of Lords was appointed by Sunak Foreign Secretary. I'm surprised that Lammy made it as Foreign Secretary as Starmer could easily have appointed his mentor Tony 'Blur' of the rictus smile as Foreign Secretary seeing that he too is in the House of Lords. Politics is about cronys and loyalty.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

Labour will stumble very quickly

The pensioners fuel allowance removal is very unpopular. BBC says the unions are going to attempt an action against it

Rayner has no chance of building 300,000 houses a year

The budget will not be beneficial to economic growth.

By *immyinreadingMan
4 days ago

henley on thames

"Labour will stumble very quickly

The pensioners fuel allowance removal is very unpopular. BBC says the unions are going to attempt an action against it

"

Agreed. Already reflected in polls, labour support is dropping.

By *edonisthenryMan
4 days ago

Cambridge

Agreed. Already reflected in polls, labour support is dropping. "

Starmer has the look of a man possessed, like Blair, with his own agenda and the mantra will be'No pain, no gain' and you will suffer because it is good for your soul and morally correct. A modern day puritan, equivalent to Oliver Cromwell who banned Christmas by the way because he did not want people to enjoy themselves. Starmer is about relentless drudgery and being politically correct.

By *immyinreadingMan
4 days ago

henley on thames

Starmer has the look of a man possessed, like Blair, with his own agenda and the mantra will be'No pain, no gain' and you will suffer because it is good for your soul and morally correct. A modern day puritan, equivalent to Oliver Cromwell who banned Christmas by the way because he did not want people to enjoy themselves. Starmer is about relentless drudgery and being politically correct. "

Blair had a bit more charm about him, and managed to keep people inside for several years

This fella …

By *otMe66Man
4 days ago

Terra Firma

Starmer has the look of a man possessed, like Blair, with his own agenda and the mantra will be'No pain, no gain' and you will suffer because it is good for your soul and morally correct. A modern day puritan, equivalent to Oliver Cromwell who banned Christmas by the way because he did not want people to enjoy themselves. Starmer is about relentless drudgery and being politically correct.

Blair had a bit more charm about him, and managed to keep people inside for several years

This fella … "

The fella will remove the whip and hope he can keep control, he is spent already as that approach will not last long.

By *estivalMan
3 days ago

borehamwood

Give it another six months and he will be removed by his own party and just like the torys it will be a revolving door of leaders,none of them have ever worked in the real world straight out of uni to a job in the bubble of Westminster and they think they know what the general public think

By *eard and TattsCouple
3 days ago

Cwmbran

Just hoovering the rug, the leftists will be here soon to defend him

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

"Just hoovering the rug, the leftists will be here soon to defend him"

Defend the rug? How do you know the rug’s gender?

By *eard and TattsCouple
3 days ago

Cwmbran

"Just hoovering the rug, the leftists will be here soon to defend him

Defend the rug? How do you know the rug’s gender? "

Fuck sake, now I'm getting cancelled

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

Fuck sake, now I'm getting cancelled "

By a joke? A joke is now cancelling! FFS a joke

TBH I wasn’t sure if “hoovering the rug” was a euphemism I didn’t know

Lighten up

By *eard and TattsCouple
3 days ago

Cwmbran

Lighten up "

Umm I'm ok. I don't take this forum seriously. I just like to see two sides battling it out because let's be fair, politics is either left or right and we are a deeply divided world

So lighten up

By *ill69888Couple
3 days ago

cheltenham

Yep, very much like in the US. Biden was never POTUS, he was just Obama’s puppet. Much the same if Harris gets in.

Sadly, Bliar has been ruining this country for a very long time now. The Tories under Cameron seemed to be under some sort of Bliar spell and Sir Keith Stalin is also being controlled.

He won’t last. I cannot remember another PM so unpopular so early on (other than Truss). The 6th politics will continue to spiral out of control and the Labour sandcastle will soon get washed away.

I really don’t think Labour actually enjoy running the country. I think they much prefer shouting from the opposition benches.

By *wistntwirlCouple
3 days ago

Middle Land

Putting aside the obvious, Blair's been the only decent PM during my lifetime. So no it wouldn't bother me if he's significant during Starmer's decision making.

Can hardly be a surprise that Labour would use the argument of needing to clean up the Tory mess. The Tories clung to the same excuse for over a decade!

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

Lighten up

Umm I'm ok. I don't take this forum seriously. I just like to see two sides battling it out because let's be fair, politics is either left or right and we are a deeply divided world

So lighten up "

Errr I sincerely hope politics isn’t either left or right. What a terrible binary black & white footballisation view that would be! What about grey? What about travelling along a spectrum? What about views being mutable depending on what the topic is. What about nuance and complexity?

Now back to the rug…do you hoover in one direction so the pile faces the same way, or are you a randomer pushing the nozzle any direction that feels good

By *estivalMan
3 days ago

borehamwood

"Putting aside the obvious, Blair's been the only decent PM during my lifetime. So no it wouldn't bother me if he's significant during Starmer's decision making.

Can hardly be a surprise that Labour would use the argument of needing to clean up the Tory mess. The Tories clung to the same excuse for over a decade!

"

only decent pm lol so dead british soilders and hundreds of thousands of iraqi civillians killed on saint Tony's lie is good in your eyes?

By *ill69888Couple
3 days ago

cheltenham

"Putting aside the obvious, Blair's been the only decent PM during my lifetime. So no it wouldn't bother me if he's significant during Starmer's decision making.

"

decent? He too the country to war on a total lie. Hundreds of service personnel lost their lives, thousands seriously injured. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed/displaced. All of this led to issues in Syria and Libya and other Middle East countries. One of the main reason we have so many people landing on the shores of Europe….

Oh and let’s not forget the mid staff hospital scandal on his watch, the cash for access scandals, the unlimited immigration (yes it he Tories allowed that too), the PFI heist, the post office scandal (yes, it started under Labour), the ‘stay out of jail’ letters to terrorists, the Rotherham grooming (yep, it goes back that far….

Oh yes, he was ace 🙄🤬

By *wistntwirlCouple
3 days ago

Middle Land

"Putting aside the obvious."

For those with apparent difficulty reading:

He is of course the only PM to play war. Thatcher would never have gone there... oh wait.

Still if we must play the all or nothing/good vs bad game, I'd love to hear your recommendation for the unflawed PM in the past fifty years. John Major maybe? (We can maybe skip past the Edwina bit, surely not a big deal on a site like this )

Can't be Gordon Brown because he was most definitely responsible for the entire global financial crash.

Got it - Truss. She didn't have enough time to fuck things up... oh...

Post new Message to Thread