Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Profiting from knife crime

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
7 days ago

couple, us we him her.

A company who has been happy selling knives to anyone over recent years and reports say many of their knives have been used in serious crimes have decided after they have been criticised in the media to hand over their stock as part of the amnesty.

This is a company who have already been profiting and only given in because of pressure.

Under the terms of the agreement they will get £10 per knife they have handed over 35000 knives!

Yes thirty five thousand.

Personally I think they should be prosecuted not rewarded after importing these deadly weapons and selling them for years.

Broken Britain

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
7 days ago

in Lancashire

How much profit do other UK companies make from selling arms?

By *astandFeistyCouple
7 days ago

Bournemouth

Is it illegal for these knives to be imported and sold?

By *estivalMan
7 days ago

borehamwood

"A company who has been happy selling knives to anyone over recent years and reports say many of their knives have been used in serious crimes have decided after they have been criticised in the media to hand over their stock as part of the amnesty.

This is a company who have already been profiting and only given in because of pressure.

Under the terms of the agreement they will get £10 per knife they have handed over 35000 knives!

Personally I think they should be prosecuted not rewarded after importing these deadly weapons and selling them for years.

Broken Britain "

if they have broken the law prosecute them if they havent broken the law you can want them prosecuted as much as you like it wont happen

7 days ago

couple, us we him her.

"A company who has been happy selling knives to anyone over recent years and reports say many of their knives have been used in serious crimes have decided after they have been criticised in the media to hand over their stock as part of the amnesty.

Broken Britain if they have broken the law prosecute them if they havent broken the law you can want them prosecuted as much as you like it wont happen"

So let's keep enabling and encourage companies to import and sell this hideous weapons that are designed for one purpose to kill and maim.

So the publics answer to solving knife crime is make excuses for the companies responsible for importing them.

Brilliant everyone ( slow hand clap)

7 days ago

couple, us we him her.

"Is it illegal for these knives to be imported and sold?"

Should be 100%

7 days ago

couple, us we him her.

"How much profit do other UK companies make from selling arms?

"

Not relevant to this particular issue and discussion.

7 days ago

in Lancashire

"How much profit do other UK companies make from selling arms?

Not relevant to this particular issue and discussion."

Because the weapons we sell kill foreign people?

In much greater numbers too..

By *astandFeistyCouple
7 days ago

Bournemouth

"Is it illegal for these knives to be imported and sold?

Should be 100%"

But is it?

By *idnight RamblerMan
7 days ago

Pershore

As a tech geek, I wonder if knives with a compulsory rounded tip would reduced knife crime? Their primary purpose wouldn't be compromised, but with no tip their penetration would be far less.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
7 days ago

Gilfach

"As a tech geek, I wonder if knives with a compulsory rounded tip would reduced knife crime? Their primary purpose wouldn't be compromised, but with no tip their penetration would be far less."

The primary purpose of a zombie knife is to look cool and/or threatening. A rounded tip would quite definitely compromise that purpose.

By *I TwoCouple
7 days ago

currently travelling down W France

Should be 100%

But is it?"

From 24th November it will be illegal to sell or own a zombie knife.

When I watched the news I was thinking they must have imported all those knives for a lot less than a tenner each very recently just to make a profit from the government

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 days ago

Bournemouth

Should be 100%

But is it?

When I watched the news I was thinking they must have imported all those knives for a lot less than a tenner each very recently just to make a profit from the government "

So as things stand right now, they are legal to sell...

Glad to see some want people severly punished for acting within the law.

By *estivalMan
6 days ago

borehamwood

Broken Britain if they have broken the law prosecute them if they havent broken the law you can want them prosecuted as much as you like it wont happen

So let's keep enabling and encourage companies to import and sell this hideous weapons that are designed for one purpose to kill and maim.

So the publics answer to solving knife crime is make excuses for the companies responsible for importing them.

Brilliant everyone ( slow hand clap)"

No I said if they have broken any laws then prosecute them,you can't prosecute someone for not breaking the law,wasn't making excuses for anyone,was asking you if they had broken any laws.you want them prosecuted when they haven't broken the law

6 days ago

couple, us we him her.

Should be 100%

But is it?

When I watched the news I was thinking they must have imported all those knives for a lot less than a tenner each very recently just to make a profit from the government

Glad to see some want people severly punished for acting within the law. "

So you think selling zombie knives is ok then?

We are not talking about a couple of hundred here it's THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND KNIVES.

Not kitchen cutlery/ utensils, but a blade that in some cases 18" long these weapons wouldn't have been out of place in medieval times they have no place in society.

But hey if you think that's ok crack on.

As always fabs never fails to deliver.

I never said that it was illegal I implied it should be and they should be punished rather than rewarded.

This company is the main one who has been exploiting a loophole to sell knives to anyone including a lad who purchased over 90 knives from them and went on to commit murder..

But as long as they are not breaking the law that's okay

By *ovebjsMan
6 days ago

Bristol

So this scrote is going to get a mega payout for knives that will be illegal for him to have or sell next month 🤷‍♂️🤦

By *idnight RamblerMan
6 days ago

Pershore

"As a tech geek, I wonder if knives with a compulsory rounded tip would reduced knife crime? Their primary purpose wouldn't be compromised, but with no tip their penetration would be far less.

The primary purpose of a zombie knife is to look cool and/or threatening. A rounded tip would quite definitely compromise that purpose."

Quite so. My point was to ban sharp tip knives altogether. I realise they could be re-sharpened, but then possession would be illegal.

6 days ago

in Lancashire

"So this scrote is going to get a mega payout for knives that will be illegal for him to have or sell next month 🤷‍♂️🤦"

They're off the streets so that's preferable than being exchanged on the dark web, like it or not the business owner is due some recompense although if they brought the stock after the bill was passed absolutely not..

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 days ago

Bournemouth

Should be 100%

But is it?

We are not talking about a couple of hundred here it's THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND KNIVES.

Not kitchen cutlery/ utensils, but a blade that in some cases 18" long these weapons wouldn't have been out of place in medieval times they have no place in society.

I never said that it was illegal I implied it should be and they should be punished rather than rewarded.

This company is the main one who has been exploiting a loophole to sell knives to anyone including a lad who purchased over 90 knives from them and went on to commit murder..

But as long as they are not breaking the law that's okay "

No one said it was OK.

You're arguing (prosecution) legal against moral. They are 2 vastly different things.

Rather than try to allude that I'm saying something, you should probably look at yourself a little.

6 days ago

couple, us we him her.

Should be 100%

But is it?

No one said it was OK.

You're arguing (prosecution) legal against moral. They are 2 vastly different things.

Rather than try to allude that I'm saying something, you should probably look at yourself a little. "

Can we both agree that these knives are bad news and shouldn't be available for sale in this or any country?

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 days ago

Bournemouth

Should be 100%

But is it?

No one said it was OK.

Rather than try to allude that I'm saying something, you should probably look at yourself a little.

Can we both agree that these knives are bad news and shouldn't be available for sale in this or any country?"

Yes we can.

That's not the point though, you want people prosecuted for legal actions and I'll never agree with that.

By *ortyairCouple
5 days ago

Wallasey

Should be 100%

But is it?

No one said it was OK.

Can we both agree that these knives are bad news and shouldn't be available for sale in this or any country?

Yes we can.

That's not the point though, you want people prosecuted for legal actions and I'll never agree with that. "

But it has happened before, someone was convicted of something that was not even a crime when the act was committed and I'm almost positive you'd agree with the judgement in this instance. Mrs x

Post new Message to Thread