Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The great debate…

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Tuesday night… Trump vs Harris … should be interesting!

Trump is getting his excuses in early…

saying ABC are biased,

that they have given the Harris team all the questions,

That it’s unfair because Harris is really good friends with the person who runs the entire network

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Tuesday night… Trump vs Harris … should be interesting!

saying ABC are biased,

That it’s unfair because Harris is really good friends with the person who runs the entire network "

Well it's obviously a tactic he's used otherwise he wouldn't have thought about it.

Basically he's against the ropes and is looking at anything for an excuse.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
2 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

trump says what ever his pimp putin tells him to say, so no surprise there

Reply privately

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
2 weeks ago

When do they actually vote for one them ?

Reply privately

By *9alMan
2 weeks ago

Bridgend

"When do they actually vote for one them ? "

November

Reply privately

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
2 weeks ago

Border of London

"When do they actually vote for one them ? "

About 3.5 years after they start campaigning.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

saying ABC are biased,

That it’s unfair because Harris is really good friends with the person who runs the entire network "

Him playing the victim will appeal to his base of course, but will it appeal to the undecided..?

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
2 weeks ago

Felixstowe

Trump has been doing uncut interviews, adding up to hours. While Harris has done one interview with cuts and had her vp as support...

It'll be interesting to see how she does without autocue and help, though as with Biden, I wouldn't put wearing an ear peice out of the question for her.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

saying ABC are biased,

Doubtful it will be 'great' in the true sense of it's meaning. But it will be 'funny as fook' and probably entirely 'cringeworthy'.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

saying ABC are biased,

how do you see it _abio ? I think he will start by asking which accent she’s going to use first lol

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
2 weeks ago

Those two cannot be the only capable people in that country.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 06/09/24 16:53:06]

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

was expecting something else when I read the title🧐

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

saying ABC are biased,

That it’s unfair because Harris is really good friends with the person who runs the entire network

how do you see it _abio ? I think he will start by asking which accent she’s going to use first lol"

I think he is setting up trying to downplay what is going to happen on Tuesday night… if you think Trump made Biden look old and there was only a 2 year age gap…. It’s going to look a lot worse between Harris and trump with a near 20 year gap!

If I was a trump supporter and I seen the way he has answered questions this week… for example on women reproductive rights and child care… I’d be worried!

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Trump has been doing uncut interviews, adding up to hours. While Harris has done one interview with cuts and had her vp as support...

It'll be interesting to see how she does without autocue and help, though as with Biden, I wouldn't put wearing an ear peice out of the question for her.

"

Have you been watching the Trump press conferences… you ask how Harris will do without an autocue, Trump has had them and cannot stay onscript!!!

He has basically been on the backwards step ever since the change of candidate and the DNC

Reply privately

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"was expecting something else when I read the title🧐"

A mass debate?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"was expecting something else when I read the title🧐

A mass debate?

"

Reply privately

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

I'm not even sure it will be great personally as it will most likely be a lot of ranting from one who'll be attacking the other as his people off screen cross everything..

If she sticks to her script and doesn't allow him to derail I think she may well roast him..

Reply privately

By *ermbiMan
2 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

"I'm not even sure it will be great personally as it will most likely be a lot of ranting from one who'll be attacking the other as his people off screen cross everything..

If she sticks to her script and doesn't allow him to derail I think she may well roast him.."

He will ramble on and attack her. His answer on child care shows he hasn't a clue. She could easily wind him up in knots.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
2 weeks ago

Felixstowe

There are two different realities here, those who gobble the msm propaganda and those who don't.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

"There are two different realities here, those who gobble the msm propaganda and those who don't. "

You’re right. There are those who rely on professional journalists who are held to account re accuracy, sources etc … and those who “do their own research” and listen to a bloke in a shed on YouTube 😂

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

"There are two different realities here, those who gobble the msm propaganda and those who don't.

You’re right. There are those who rely on professional journalists who are held to account re accuracy, sources etc … and those who “do their own research” and listen to a bloke in a shed on YouTube 😂 "

The fun thing about Trump is, he bypasses the media entirely, he puts all his bizarre thoughts out there on social media and says a lot of mad shit at his rallies.

Reply privately

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"There are two different realities here, those who gobble the msm propaganda and those who don't. "

And the massive irony of anyone who posts what you have..

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

You really haven’t seen the answers regarding abortion and child care just in the last week have you!

Go and actually listen to them with your own ears and then hand on heart you tell me he isn’t incoherent!

If you can tell me what he is actually trying to say in the now infamous child care question… you would be the first!

Reply privately

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"There are two different realities here, those who gobble the msm propaganda and those who don't.

You really haven’t seen the answers regarding abortion and child care just in the last week have you!

Go and actually listen to them with your own ears and then hand on heart you tell me he isn’t incoherent!

If you can tell me what he is actually trying to say in the now infamous child care question… you would be the first! "

I'm not sure trump himself knew..

See, whilst I wasn't happy with the attacks on Biden I simply don't see any difference in the delivery now by trump..

There were lots calling Biden all sorts of nasty stuff on here specifically before he stood down yet on trump before then and now the similarities are evident..

And there's quiet..

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

saying ABC are biased,

how do you see it _abio ? I think he will start by asking which accent she’s going to use first lol

I think he is setting up trying to downplay what is going to happen on Tuesday night… if you think Trump made Biden look old and there was only a 2 year age gap…. It’s going to look a lot worse between Harris and trump with a near 20 year gap!

If I was a trump supporter and I seen the way he has answered questions this week… for example on women reproductive rights and child care… I’d be worried! "

the thing is he’s been busy as for Harris she’s been awol I think he will attack her on that and her boss soaking up the sun on a beach I may be wrong she can do him over a barrel on the abortion part tho

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"the thing is he’s been busy as for Harris she’s been awol I think he will attack her on that and her boss soaking up the sun on a beach I may be wrong she can do him over a barrel on the abortion part tho "

If that is the perception of Harris and Trump the reality is actually the exact opposite

With the exception of the week where he was trying and failing to counter program the DNC… Harris and walz have been out almost every single day campaigning…. JD Vance to his credit has been campaigning a lot (well going on his crusade against childless women.. not sure if that’s helpful!) but Trump on average has only been doing 1 or 2 events at most per week

Anyway.. ground rules for the debate have been published

90 minute debate.. basically 3 30 minute sections with 2 commercial breaks…

No pre made notes allowed to be taken , although candidates will be given a pen and pad so they can make notes if needed

No opening or closing statements.. straight into business

No audience

Mics to be muted when person is not entitled to speak… each question the first person have 2 minutes to answer, the second person has 2 minutes to rebuttal , and then 2 minutes for “conversation”

No live fact checking on the main ABC feed… however because ABC have made the broadcast accessible to all the main broadcasters, they may live fact check if they wish.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

"the thing is he’s been busy as for Harris she’s been awol I think he will attack her on that and her boss soaking up the sun on a beach I may be wrong she can do him over a barrel on the abortion part tho

If that is the perception of Harris and Trump the reality is actually the exact opposite

With the exception of the week where he was trying and failing to counter program the DNC… Harris and walz have been out almost every single day campaigning…. JD Vance to his credit has been campaigning a lot (well going on his crusade against childless women.. not sure if that’s helpful!) but Trump on average has only been doing 1 or 2 events at most per week

No pre made notes allowed to be taken , although candidates will be given a pen and pad so they can make notes if needed

No audience

Mics to be muted when person is not entitled to speak… each question the first person have 2 minutes to answer, the second person has 2 minutes to rebuttal , and then 2 minutes for “conversation”

No live fact checking on the main ABC feed… however because ABC have made the broadcast accessible to all the main broadcasters, they may live fact check if they wish. "

i ment she’s been awol from doing interviews and press question answering iv seen a cpl of things of her out on the campaign but nothing else

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"the thing is he’s been busy as for Harris she’s been awol I think he will attack her on that and her boss soaking up the sun on a beach I may be wrong she can do him over a barrel on the abortion part tho

No audience

No live fact checking on the main ABC feed… however because ABC have made the broadcast accessible to all the main broadcasters, they may live fact check if they wish. "

Is this normal, the presidential nominee and running mate doing the first TV interview together?

As for the perception, it is well founded, she has dodged at every opportunity a 1-2-1 televised interview and I think you understood what was meant by AWOL, you pesky democrat

The debate in my opinion will prove nothing and change even less, but the circus is in town.

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

No audience

No live fact checking on the main ABC feed… however because ABC have made the broadcast accessible to all the main broadcasters, they may live fact check if they wish.

Is this normal, the presidential nominee and running mate doing the first TV interview together?

As for the perception, it is well founded, she has dodged at every opportunity a 1-2-1 televised interview and I think you understood what was meant by AWOL, you pesky democrat

The debate in my opinion will prove nothing and change even less, but the circus is in town."

Is it normal after the convention for the first interview after to be the presidential nominee and their running mate?

Actually….. yes it is! Just because the running mate isn’t normally announced till just before the convention.. so it’s a way of introducing them as well

Trump did it with pence

McCain did it with palin

Obama did it with Biden

Heck.. even Clinton did it with gore!

Trump did exactly the same thing with Vance in this cycle in the first interview after on Fox News

It’s just because the change of presumptive nominee was so late that it feels different!

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

"

The debate in my opinion will prove nothing and change even less, but the circus is in town."

This is how I view it too. But apparently some people are undecided, which just seems totally bonkers to me.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
2 weeks ago

milton keynes

No audience

Mute the mics when it's not a person's turn to speak is excellent in my opinion. I hope it's something that is adopted over here

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
1 week ago

The Outer Rim

"Mute the mics when it's not a person's turn to speak is excellent in my opinion. I hope it's something that is adopted over here"

i can't see that this will stop that old confused bloke from spitting his dummy throughout and ranting over harris when she's talking to be fair

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
1 week ago

Bristol

saying ABC are biased,

It should be an independent, because they will edit this to support one side or the other.

Clever camera angles and cuts to audiences work miracles

Reply privately

1 week ago

They should do a live debate on X, Taking some questions from X users

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
1 week ago

milton keynes

"Mute the mics when it's not a person's turn to speak is excellent in my opinion. I hope it's something that is adopted over here

i can't see that this will stop that old confused bloke from spitting his dummy throughout and ranting over harris when she's talking to be fair"

Possibly not, but without the Mic it will not be so disturbing. Just think it would be a good idea for debates over here too

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

saying ABC are biased,

It should be an independent, because they will edit this to support one side or the other.

Clever camera angles and cuts to audiences work miracles "

A) no audience!

B) they have always been organised independently with the exception of this year specifically, it is normally organised by the “commission for presidential debates “ but its specifically the trump team who have said they will not work with them

They basically did it as a truely independent organisation and production which networks then carried… for example moderators would come from each of the networks and journalistic organisations so there was no hint of bias

After the debacle that was debate 1 trump vs Biden in 2020 (that was the one where Trump screamed and shouted over Biden in almost every question asked) they wanted the mute mics which the trump campaign at the time absolutely did not want!

So this the first time debates have had to be negotiated between the actual campaign teams and the tv networks themselves

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

"They should do a live debate on X, Taking some questions from X users "

This would be the biggest clusterfuck in the history of politics. So yeah, they should do it.

Reply privately

By *usybee73Man
1 week ago

in the sticks

I agree with no audience, see question time for that reason 😀

Muting mics? Can understand ...

Though there's 3 people in the debate, always depends on who is actually hosting it etc

Reply privately

By *ronisMan
1 week ago

Edinburgh

saying ABC are biased,

They have given Harris the questions, just like Biden was given them, and ABC is rapidly left wing.

What excuses are you talking about?

Reply privately

By *ronisMan
1 week ago

Edinburgh

"trump says what ever his pimp putin tells him to say, so no surprise there"

Oh stop. You're making a twat of yourself. Putin is petrified of Trump. Hence the reason he wanted buden to win the election.

Trump would stop the conflict in Ukraine in 48 hours with one phone call.

Reply privately

By *ronisMan
1 week ago

Edinburgh

saying ABC are biased,

If I was a trump supporter and I seen the way he has answered questions this week… for example on women reproductive rights and child care… I’d be worried! "

Oh really ? I guarantee Trump will dump all over Harris. She'll gibber the usual word salad ,laugh maniaclly and look ridiculous.

But no matter what,certain people will say Harris won.

A bit like when Farage annihilated Clegg but the usual suspects denied it.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

saying ABC are biased,

They have given Harris the questions, just like Biden was given them, and ABC is rapidly left wing.

What excuses are you talking about?"

Amazing.

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
1 week ago

Cwmbran

US citizens: I can't afford a home, I don't feel safe, I can't afford groceries

US government: best I can do is ban tiktok

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"trump says what ever his pimp putin tells him to say, so no surprise there

Oh stop. You're making a twat of yourself. Putin is petrified of Trump. Hence the reason he wanted buden to win the election.

"

Deluded statements.

Putin ain't scared of Trump and for you to think so shows you don't have a clue what your talking about!

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

saying ABC are biased,

If I was a trump supporter and I seen the way he has answered questions this week… for example on women reproductive rights and child care… I’d be worried!

Oh really ? I guarantee Trump will dump all over Harris. She'll gibber the usual word salad ,laugh maniaclly and look ridiculous.

But no matter what,certain people will say Harris won.

A bit like when Farage annihilated Clegg but the usual suspects denied it.

"

More delusion!

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
1 week ago

borehamwood

"trump says what ever his pimp putin tells him to say, so no surprise there

Deluded statements.

Putin ain't scared of Trump and for you to think so shows you don't have a clue what your talking about! "

I suppose you still believe russia collusion and hunters laptop not being real aswell lol,you must admit it was a lot more entertaining with the orange one in charge

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
1 week ago

Central

It's going to be interesting, especially as he's been struggling since he has lost his ability to attack his opponent, based on his age and cognitive abilities.. Though Biden would always have tons more moral scruples than the orange criminal.

I'm guessing that the fixed times allowed for answering, will limit Trump from his ranting lies, that a more open format could support him to do.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
1 week ago

Central

"

Oh really ? I guarantee Trump will dump out his usual word salad,laugh maniaclly and look ridiculous.

"

FTFY

Reply privately

By *hagTonightMan
1 week ago

From the land of haribos.

I think that harris will win the debate and she will come across as professional too

Reply privately

By *onica-mayhemWoman
1 week ago

Belfast/dublin

I really can't see harris losing this. Since she was voted in as the nominee she has absolutely nailed all the interviews, press conferences, town hall speeches and one on one Q&A sessions. I've watched her do so many in the past 5 or 6 weeks and she's come across very well when it comes to defending her record on important issues like inflation, cost of living, the border, fracking, plastic straws, yellow school busses, space travel, where & what Ukraine is and the significance of the passage of time. There could be no better statesperson elected! Especially when she goes into bat against other world leaders.

I hope she makes mincemeat of the tangerine man in the ABC debate...then she'll squash him in the FOX debate and totally annihilate him in the CNN debate.

Hopefully when she wins in November she'll right the wrongs of the past 4 years when Donald Trump totally destroyed America. If trump gets a 3rd term then we'll see the demise of the west on a huge scale.

Fingers crossed for Kamala!!!

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I do wonder how much she will try and goad trump into being full trump since you know he is going to have been told to be on his best behaviour…

Best result for Harris would be for Trump to try shouting with the sound coming through her microphone and she getting trump to agree to unmute.. and then ABC wouldn’t have much option than to do it!

Reply privately

By *onica-mayhemWoman
1 week ago

Belfast/dublin

"I do wonder how much she will try and goad trump into being full trump since you know he is going to have been told to be on his best behaviour…

Best result for Harris would be for Trump to try shouting with the sound coming through her microphone and she getting trump to agree to unmute.. and then ABC wouldn’t have much option than to do it! "

I dunno. I just heard that kamala harris has been endorsed by Dick Fucking Cheney....I almost swallowed my own dildo when I heard harris say she welcomed his endorsement.

I think it would've been less damaging if she'd been endorsed by Adolf Hitler, Jimmy Saville, Pol Pot or Josef Fritzel.

If harris had told Dick Fucking Cheney to shove his endorsement up his arse live on camera then she would get the support of millions. But I suppose self awareness isn't her strong point.

The man responsible for the deaths of thousands of Iraqi children?

US politics is fucked up....

Reply privately

By *usybee73Man
1 week ago

in the sticks

Think trump will go for the jugular, which isn't hard ... just ask, how long have you known of sleepy Joe's condition and why didn't you say anything? Keep to the basic economics and should be fine.

Democrats want a slanging match hence their last convention

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"Think trump will go for the jugular, which isn't hard ... just ask, how long have you known of sleepy Joe's condition and why didn't you say anything? Keep to the basic economics and should be fine.

Democrats want a slanging match hence their last convention "

Economics from a man who's been bankrupt 6 times including a casino 😂😂😂

Yeah sounds like a good plan

Reply privately

By *usybee73Man
1 week ago

in the sticks

"Think trump will go for the jugular, which isn't hard ... just ask, how long have you known of sleepy Joe's condition and why didn't you say anything? Keep to the basic economics and should be fine.

Yeah sounds like a good plan "

Just ask any American if they feel better off ...

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

Just ask any American if they feel better off ... "

That maybe don't feel better off like lots of people all over the world. But they have had the best economic recovery since COVID in the developed world.

Can you think of a way they could better that?

Although I'm no expert it seems to me the answer certainly is not some lunatic who'sonly concern is staying out of jail

Reply privately

By *usybee73Man
1 week ago

in the sticks

That maybe don't feel better off like lots of people all over the world. But they have had the best economic recovery since COVID in the developed world.

Although I'm no expert it seems to me the answer certainly is not some lunatic who'sonly concern is staying out of jail "

Could always ask the people, which will happen in November... I chat to Americans same as others do, people in the UK only understand half of what happens in America and vice versa.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
1 week ago

The Outer Rim

i expect the old fat weird dude will have yet more diatribes about hatian cat zombies or horseproof bacon or whatever bat shit crazy tripe that fills his tiny idiot brain ... he's certainly not a well person bless him

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
1 week ago

milton keynes

"I really can't see harris losing this. Since she was voted in as the nominee she has absolutely nailed all the interviews, press conferences, town hall speeches and one on one Q&A sessions. I've watched her do so many in the past 5 or 6 weeks and she's come across very well when it comes to defending her record on important issues like inflation, cost of living, the border, fracking, plastic straws, yellow school busses, space travel, where & what Ukraine is and the significance of the passage of time. There could be no better statesperson elected! Especially when she goes into bat against other world leaders.

I hope she makes mincemeat of the tangerine man in the ABC debate...then she'll squash him in the FOX debate and totally annihilate him in the CNN debate.

Hopefully when she wins in November she'll right the wrongs of the past 4 years when Donald Trump totally destroyed America. If trump gets a 3rd term then we'll see the demise of the west on a huge scale.

Fingers crossed for Kamala!!!"

Reading that last paragraph sounds like tangerines Trump has been president for the last few years and she needs to fix the problems he caused. I though Biden was, and still is president during this time. It also sounds like you are saying he has had two terms and now going for a third. My very limited knowledge of this leads me to believe no president can have more than two terms. Maybe not what you intended to convey but just got me wondering

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
1 week ago

borehamwood

"I really can't see harris losing this. Since she was voted in as the nominee she has absolutely nailed all the interviews, press conferences, town hall speeches and one on one Q&A sessions. I've watched her do so many in the past 5 or 6 weeks and she's come across very well when it comes to defending her record on important issues like inflation, cost of living, the border, fracking, plastic straws, yellow school busses, space travel, where & what Ukraine is and the significance of the passage of time. There could be no better statesperson elected! Especially when she goes into bat against other world leaders.

Reading that last paragraph sounds like tangerines Trump has been president for the last few years and she needs to fix the problems he caused. I though Biden was, and still is president during this time. It also sounds like you are saying he has had two terms and now going for a third. My very limited knowledge of this leads me to believe no president can have more than two terms. Maybe not what you intended to convey but just got me wondering "

i take it you dont get sarcasm

Reply privately

By *onica-mayhemWoman
1 week ago

Belfast/dublin

Reading that last paragraph sounds like tangerines Trump has been president for the last few years and she needs to fix the problems he caused. I though Biden was, and still is president during this time. It also sounds like you are saying he has had two terms and now going for a third. My very limited knowledge of this leads me to believe no president can have more than two terms. Maybe not what you intended to convey but just got me wondering i take it you dont get sarcasm "

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

Democrats want a slanging match hence their last convention "

I don't think Trump is capable of this specific "jugular" seeing as he's not been able to be all that coherent for the last few years. Even when he was president he said a lot of mad shit.

I'm still at a loss as to why anyone is on the fence about voting for him. He's extremely polarising.

Reply privately

By *roadShoulderzMan
1 week ago

Lerwick

"

I'm still at a loss as to why anyone is on the fence about voting for him. He's extremely polarising. "

I suspect the Media, polling companies and politicians present any election as closer than it really is, to maintain interest and advertising revenues.

But having said that I have no direct experience of US elections other than they appear to be very big business for media organisations.

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Although I'm no expert it seems to me the answer certainly is not some lunatic who'sonly concern is staying out of jail "

It’s interesting perception against reality… because even if you take out the COVID years…. On almost every economic measure the last 3 years of Biden the economy has done way better than the first 3 under Trump……. In fact technically the last 3 under Obama were better by the numbers than the first 3 under trump

And yet trump gets credit for “not messing it up!” And sticking the largest amount of debt on the us government

And yet the trump economic plan comes down to another big tax cut for his rich mates, and sticking a 20% tariff on basically all imports

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

Although I'm no expert it seems to me the answer certainly is not some lunatic who'sonly concern is staying out of jail

It’s interesting perception against reality… because even if you take out the COVID years…. On almost every economic measure the last 3 years of Biden the economy has done way better than the first 3 under Trump……. In fact technically the last 3 under Obama were better by the numbers than the first 3 under trump

And yet trump gets credit for “not messing it up!” And sticking the largest amount of debt on the us government

And yet the trump economic plan comes down to another big tax cut for his rich mates, and sticking a 20% tariff on basically all imports "

It's sheer lunacy that the guy triples the deficit by 8 trillion and people call that a success story.

Facts well stayed there that plenty are just willing to ignore and keep screaming about laptops,sharks and sinking boats 🤷

Reply privately

By *onica-mayhemWoman
1 week ago

Belfast/dublin

And yet the trump economic plan comes down to another big tax cut for his rich mates, and sticking a 20% tariff on basically all imports

It's sheer lunacy that the guy triples the deficit by 8 trillion and people call that a success story.

Facts well stayed there that plenty are just willing to ignore and keep screaming about laptops,sharks and sinking boats 🤷"

And porn stars

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I set my alarm for 2am and watched it!!! Glad I did

Initial thoughts…..

Harris did almost everything she needed to do…. Got Trump so rattled that he basically unraveled.. didn’t think it would only take 15 minutes of goading him to get “angry trump” and scream over the mics to provide the perfect contrast

Trump.. bad night! All he needed to do is keep it a policy debate and tie Harris down to positions … he got so mad that went out the window!

Right… day off so off to get 6 hours sleep and I’ll be back with more

Reply privately

By *roadShoulderzMan
1 week ago

Lerwick

Harris pretty well controlled the debate. Trump had to respond to her and her policies rather than the other way round, but that's because he has nothing positive to say.

Hopefully Kamala's slick performance will bring in the endorsements which seem necessary in the US.

Wouldn't be be a fantastic boost if, say, Taylor Swift endorsed Harris following the debate.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
1 week ago

The Outer Rim

So basically the fat old bloke with dementure ranted about Haitian cat Zombies, executing babies and horseproof bacon ..... It's pretty sad how the GOP are making a senile old man go up there and make a twat out of himself like that in public

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
1 week ago

Brighton

Didn’t watch but just read about it. Trump is off the scale mad! A crazy old man! How can anyone seriously support this guy? Surely the Republicans could have fielded a better candidate?

Like this…

“They’re eating the dogs, the people that came in, they’re eating the cats, they’re eating the pets of the people that live there,” Trump said, after Harris criticized him for tanking the immigration bill.”

And…

“And Trump repeated the false claim that some states allow abortions to be performed after a baby has been born, which drew a fact check from ABC News’ Linsey Davis.

“There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it’s born,” Davis said.“

Trump is bat shit crazy!

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

Following the Debate, Taylor Swift and Benjamin Button say that they are 'Voting Kamala'.

I wonder how many of her 283 million fans are in the USA and how many are of voting age?

Look out Trumpy, the Crazy Cat Ladies are coming to bite ya'!!!

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
1 week ago

Brighton

Maybe Trump’s “strategy” to appeal to Crazy Cat Ladies is to scare them that immigrants will eat their pets

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

'Haitian immigrants were eating pet dogs and cats in Springfield, Ohio.'

He's just got it mixed up with an episode of the Simpsons. Did Homer ever eat a Cat?

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

I have sussed it - Every day his backroom staff seed-his-mind with some lunatic impossibility, and they then take bets on how long it is before he says it on a microphone. They also get a royalty payback on how many times he repeats it in the future. Colin from accounts has amassed over $20thousand so far.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
1 week ago

Peterborough

No audience

Love the idea of a muted mic.

Reply privately

1 week ago

Border of London

"'Haitian immigrants were eating pet dogs and cats in Springfield, Ohio.'

He's just got it mixed up with an episode of the Simpsons. Did Homer ever eat a Cat?"

Be honest. The headline "Haitian eats Cat" got your attention...

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

He's just got it mixed up with an episode of the Simpsons. Did Homer ever eat a Cat?

Be honest. The headline "Haitian eats Cat" got your attention... "

Reply privately

By *lfasoCouple
1 week ago

South East

"Following the Debate, Taylor Swift and Benjamin Button say that they are 'Voting Kamala'.

I wonder how many of her 283 million fans are in the USA and how many are of voting age?

"

It’s quite disturbing if 283 million people might seek political enlightenment from a pop singer.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

[Removed by poster at 11/09/24 08:46:09]

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
1 week ago

Brighton

"Following the Debate, Taylor Swift and Benjamin Button say that they are 'Voting Kamala'.

It’s quite disturbing if 283 million people might seek political enlightenment from a pop singer."

Well not really when you consider how many million voted Trump in 2016 and still claim to support him despite everything

The USA has Trump. The UK has Count Bin Face and used to have Screaming Lord Sutch. But at least most Brits realise they were joke candidates

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

It’s quite disturbing if 283 million people might seek political enlightenment from a pop singer."

You could write that another way:

It’s quite disturbing if 333.3 million (US pop) people might seek political enlightenment from a Celebrity on The Apprentice, businessman, proven liar and sex offender.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
1 week ago

Peterborough

As opposed to the man who has been tangoed

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
1 week ago

Peterborough

It’s quite disturbing if 283 million people might seek political enlightenment from a pop singer.

Well not really when you consider how many million voted Trump in 2016 and still claim to support him despite everything

The USA has Trump. The UK has Count Bin Face and used to have Screaming Lord Sutch. But at least most Brits realise they were joke candidates "

AND the candidates themselves knew. Trump still has to play catch up

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
1 week ago

Brighton

The USA has Trump. The UK has Count Bin Face and used to have Screaming Lord Sutch. But at least most Brits realise they were joke candidates

AND the candidates themselves knew. Trump still has to play catch up "

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
1 week ago

thornaby

"Harris pretty well controlled the debate. Trump had to respond to her and her policies rather than the other way round, but that's because he has nothing positive to say.

Hopefully Kamala's slick performance will bring in the endorsements which seem necessary in the US.

Wouldn't be be a fantastic boost if, say, Taylor Swift endorsed Harris following the debate."

from what iv heard on the radio about it trump started of strong and Harris finished strong but not seeing that on here hmmmm

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
1 week ago

Brighton

"Harris pretty well controlled the debate. Trump had to respond to her and her policies rather than the other way round, but that's because he has nothing positive to say.

Wouldn't be be a fantastic boost if, say, Taylor Swift endorsed Harris following the debate.from what iv heard on the radio about it trump started of strong and Harris finished strong but not seeing that on here hmmmm "

You can’t trust partisan media to not be biased. I’ve read various things in different media. Overall it sounds like a Harris win with Trump looking a bit idiotic.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
1 week ago

thornaby

He's just got it mixed up with an episode of the Simpsons. Did Homer ever eat a Cat?"

didn’t we have a similar problem with our swans been ate not long ago lol

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
1 week ago

thornaby

Wouldn't be be a fantastic boost if, say, Taylor Swift endorsed Harris following the debate.from what iv heard on the radio about it trump started of strong and Harris finished strong but not seeing that on here hmmmm

You can’t trust partisan media to not be biased. I’ve read various things in different media. Overall it sounds like a Harris win with Trump looking a bit idiotic."

this was bbc tees I’ll see for meself on YouTube later lol

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Just rewatched the debate…. Harris was so smart for various reasons

She destroyed him on the abortion answer, managed to get her economic policy out…

And in every question after she basically placed a feed she knew he was grievanced by and would absolutely bite on… crowd size, John McCain, how his generals are all endorsing his opponent ect

It was a professional slow motion hit where you absolutely see him unraveling by the question… it was surgical!

Also trump refused to answer if he would support a national abortion ban… or whether he wanted Ukraine to win the war! In fact he was more concerned about Russians troops loses!

Oh.. and he made up the name of the leader of the taliban.. but I suppose they are all called “Abdul”

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Also…. She called out trump’s entire strategy in question 1… he would try and shoehorn immigration into every single answer regardless of what he was asked… and he couldn’t switch!

Also… if you are going to say you are respect by world leaders… I wouldn’t single out Putin, Kim and victor Orban as your references!

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
1 week ago

thornaby

"Just rewatched the debate…. Harris was so smart for various reasons

She destroyed him on the abortion answer, managed to get her economic policy out…

And in every question after she basically placed a feed she knew he was grievanced by and would absolutely bite on… crowd size, John McCain, how his generals are all endorsing his opponent ect

It was a professional slow motion hit where you absolutely see him unraveling by the question… it was surgical!

Also trump refused to answer if he would support a national abortion ban… or whether he wanted Ukraine to win the war! In fact he was more concerned about Russians troops loses!

Oh.. and he made up the name of the leader of the taliban.. but I suppose they are all called “Abdul” "

just wached it think we wached two diffrent things she killed him on abortion he killed her on putin when he said she met the ukrain leader 3 days later the war started waching the race part now I still think the immigration is guna kill Harris I maybe wrong

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
1 week ago

thornaby

The I av a plan rant by her was bad then he carried it on was awfull

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
1 week ago

Cwmbran

Biased 3 on 1 debate

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
1 week ago

Brighton

"Biased 3 on 1 debate

"

Or he is shit!

Reply privately

By *aughty but nice 11Man
1 week ago

Liverpool

Oh.. and he made up the name of the leader of the taliban.. but I suppose they are all called “Abdul” just wached it think we wached two diffrent things she killed him on abortion he killed her on putin when he said she met the ukrain leader 3 days later the war started waching the race part now I still think the immigration is guna kill Harris I maybe wrong "

Agreed.

Fabio definitely watched something entirely different.

Trump won the debate overall.

Kamala just blatantly avoided some questions and went off on her well prepared word salad rants but with no substance.

I watched it via PBD podcast and they was fact checking her and calling out her lies.

Reply privately

1 week ago

in Lancashire

Not watched it but seen snippets etc of what was said..

If Trump won it as some are saying why then go into the press room, which did look a bit like he was trying to lessen the impact/change the outcome?

Reply privately

By *abluesbabyMan
1 week ago

Gibraltar/Cheshire/London

It was a tie over all. Neither scored a resounding victory and neither derailed their campaign either.

Harris came out very nervous and really not comfortable in her element at all but managed to remember her scripted answers well. I guess she was wearing a mic in her right ear as she kept that side away from the cameras and covered with her hair and seemed to be listening in sports presenter style at times.

Trump came out fairly stoic and for him very calm but eventually did get rattled. But not as much as she could have made him. Shame that, was secretly hoping for some "car crash TV" moment!

Trump repeatedly missed opportunities to finish off Harris and spent way too much time mumbling on about things voters don't really care about. As he does.

Harris repeatedly spread explicit lies about Trump and things Trump has said, all without any fact-checking from the moderators.

The moderators were obviously biased with their blatant fact-checking Trump on literally everything, including bizarelly if he was being sarcastic even. Yet never questioning Harris's obviously blatant lies she scatter gunned all over.

Harris could have maybe have won this won this debate with Trump being very defensive towards the end but the overt bias from the moderators actually worked against her. Whether that is also the conclusion of independent Americans actually eligible to vote we'll have to see what the polls say.

Reply privately

By *igNick1381Man
1 week ago

BRIDGEND

"It was a tie over all. Neither scored a resounding victory and neither derailed their campaign either.

Harris came out very nervous and really not comfortable in her element at all but managed to remember her scripted answers well. I guess she was wearing a mic in her right ear as she kept that side away from the cameras and covered with her hair and seemed to be listening in sports presenter style at times.

Trump came out fairly stoic and for him very calm but eventually did get rattled. But not as much as she could have made him. Shame that, was secretly hoping for some "car crash TV" moment!

Trump repeatedly missed opportunities to finish off Harris and spent way too much time mumbling on about things voters don't really care about. As he does.

Harris repeatedly spread explicit lies about Trump and things Trump has said, all without any fact-checking from the moderators.

The moderators were obviously biased with their blatant fact-checking Trump on literally everything, including bizarelly if he was being sarcastic even. Yet never questioning Harris's obviously blatant lies she scatter gunned all over.

Harris could have maybe have won this won this debate with Trump being very defensive towards the end but the overt bias from the moderators actually worked against her. Whether that is also the conclusion of independent Americans actually eligible to vote we'll have to see what the polls say."

That's a very sensible take

That won't be appreciated here though lol

Reply privately

By *abluesbabyMan
1 week ago

Gibraltar/Cheshire/London

"It was a tie over all. Neither scored a resounding victory and neither derailed their campaign either.

Harris could have maybe have won this won this debate with Trump being very defensive towards the end but the overt bias from the moderators actually worked against her. Whether that is also the conclusion of independent Americans actually eligible to vote we'll have to see what the polls say.

That won't be appreciated here though lol"

Haha thanks. But unlike those two (very mediocre) candidates I'm not seeking any votes!

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" he killed her on putin when he said she met the ukrain leader 3 days later the war started waching the race part now "

The issue with this part is again.. Trump is sort of making it up by taking it out of context

Yes Harris did meet with the Ukrainian leader… but she did that at the Munich NATO security conference, where he was specifically invited as an outside guest,

Harris herself has never met with Putin!

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
1 week ago

North West

Harris could have maybe have won this won this debate with Trump being very defensive towards the end but the overt bias from the moderators actually worked against her. Whether that is also the conclusion of independent Americans actually eligible to vote we'll have to see what the polls say."

Is this parody? Can’t be serious surely?

Reply privately

By *jfrenchMan
1 week ago

Stockport

Is this parody? Can’t be serious surely?"

Why ask that??? I think this author's assessment is pretty accurate.

Reply privately

By *entonMan
1 week ago

Wakefield

Is this parody? Can’t be serious surely?"

No, I don't think this is parody. Its accurate.

Reply privately

1 week ago

in Lancashire

That won't be appreciated here though lol"

Why?

It's an opinion..

Place is full of them ..

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Anyway…. Fact check fans……the results are in..

Daniel dale of the Washington post has fact checked the debate (he is the one who made a career having to fact check trump whilst he was in office)

Anyway Donald trump made 33 false claims during the debate

Kamala Harris…. 1

Trump this morning has basically been crying to his favourite broadcaster, Fox News, … says he doesn’t think the moderators were fair, claims Harris was given the questions, says he doesn’t want to do any more debates unless they are on fox!

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

I watched it. I'm still baffled as to how anyone can be undecided on Trump.

You're either comfortable voting for someone who chooses to ramble on about people eating cats and dogs during a debate (or insert any of the other weird shit he's said over the years), or not.

I don't know what we learned from this. Or who would change their mind based on it.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
1 week ago

Oh.. and he made up the name of the leader of the taliban.. but I suppose they are all called “Abdul” just wached it think we wached two diffrent things she killed him on abortion he killed her on putin when he said she met the ukrain leader 3 days later the war started waching the race part now I still think the immigration is guna kill Harris I maybe wrong

Agreed.

Kamala just blatantly avoided some questions and went off on her well prepared word salad rants but with no substance.

I watched it via PBD podcast and they was fact checking her and calling out her lies.

"

And all the Pundits I've seen/read today has Kamala the winner.

Reply privately

1 week ago

Liverpool

Oh.. and he made up the name of the leader of the taliban.. but I suppose they are all called “Abdul” just wached it think we wached two diffrent things she killed him on abortion he killed her on putin when he said she met the ukrain leader 3 days later the war started waching the race part now I still think the immigration is guna kill Harris I maybe wrong

Agreed.

And all the Pundits I've seen/read today has Kamala the winner.

"

Well this is it isn't it, all the left leaning mainstream media and pundits are saying kamala won. Whilst on the other hand the right leaning media and pundits are saying trump won but only just and it was 3 against 1 (which is entirely true, those moderators was awful).

In my honest opinion no network CNN, ABC, MSBC, and all the rest, including Fox has any right holding these debates as they simply can't hold their bias in and will be an unfair advantage to who ever that network is bias to.

Any and all debates should be held in neutral venue with a neutral host.

Let them go at each other, without interruption, no questions given in advance.

Kamala last night just gave prepared speech after prepared speech all the way through.

When dealing with world leaders or negotiations you have to be off the cuff and know what to say.

Kamala has proved she can not do this time and time again.

Which is why she's avoided any reporters or interviews since becoming the nominee, except that disaster that lasted 18 mins.

Reply privately

By *usybee73Man
1 week ago

in the sticks

Listening to radio 4 this morning... they said it was 50 50 hence why Harris wants another debate.

Again interesting is Harris, never actually answered a question ...

Reply privately

1 week ago

Liverpool

"Listening to radio 4 this morning... they said it was 50 50 hence why Harris wants another debate.

Again interesting is Harris, never actually answered a question ... "

Truth is, people that are going to vote trump will vote him regardless and those that are going to vote kamala will vote her regardless.

These debates are for those yet undecided.

All these undecided voters all they want to see is a nice impartial fair debate.

And watching that last night I think it will be more harmful to kamala than helpful when it definitely looked like a team up of 3 against 1 for 90 minutes.

People won't have liked that, only those aligned with kamala will see nothing wrong with it.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"Listening to radio 4 this morning... they said it was 50 50 hence why Harris wants another debate.

Again interesting is Harris, never actually answered a question ... "

That's the problem with not watching these things yourself and just taking someone else opinion on how it went.

I watched the whole thing and Trump was the one who didn't answer a single question he was asked. Exactly the same as the debate with Biden. No substance to anything he says it's all bonkers bat shit crazy. The man is seriously unwell

She did everything right to make her case and show him for the fool he is.

I mean him saying he has a concept of a plan is like admitting he can think!

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

Just started watching it.

3 questions in and she lost it already.

Has yet to answer a question.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"Just started watching it.

Has yet to answer a question."

Hahaha yeah ok are you watching the GB news coverage by any chance ? Or did talk TV show it as well?

And you've no thoughts on the crazy guy on stage next to her no? 👍

How anyone can think that man is competent is completely beyond me but we can agree to disagree

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

Hahaha yeah ok are you watching the GB news coverage by any chance ? Or did talk TV show it as well?

How anyone can think that man is competent is completely beyond me but we can agree to disagree "

Im watching the whole recording of it.

He has yet to sound crazy. He is answering questions and proving his worth from his previous time as president.

How anyone can think she is competent is beyond me too.

/shrug.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

How anyone can think that man is competent is completely beyond me but we can agree to disagree

He has yet to sound crazy. He is answering questions and proving his worth from his previous time as president.

/shrug."

Every single issue is brought back to immigrants for Trump.Its boring repetitive and just outright lies

Kinda reminds me of certain so called politicians you have down there

Nothing positive or hopeful to say about anything but hey it's all Johnny foreigners fault isn't it

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

/shrug."

"proving his worth from his previous time as president". This is so far from how I view Trump. His time as president was full of chaos, madness and instability.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

/shrug.

"proving his worth from his previous time as president". This is so far from how I view Trump. His time as president was full of chaos, madness and instability. "

Don't forget the bleach it does a great number on the lungs!

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

""proving his worth from his previous time as president". This is so far from how I view Trump. His time as president was full of chaos, madness and instability. "

Hey Mr GardenPath. Oh yeah, I forgot about all the wars which started under Trump. All the prices of goods soaring.

Really was madness wasn't it?

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I mean him saying he has a concept of a plan is like admitting he can think! "

Well the running joke has been that Trump and his healthcare plan has been “3 weeks away” for the last nine years…. So that answers was the one that made me laugh the loudest….

Can i use a basketball analogy for a second… you can’t complain about the refs if your star shooter kicks throwing up brick after brick after brick

Basically… one person prepared for last night, and one person was probably on a golf course

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

"Every single issue is brought back to immigrants for Trump.Its boring repetitive and just outright lies

Nothing positive or hopeful to say about anything but hey it's all Johnny foreigners fault isn't it

"

He isn't blaming foreigners, he's blaming the administration.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"Every single issue is brought back to immigrants for Trump.Its boring repetitive and just outright lies

He isn't blaming foreigners, he's blaming the administration."

Ah so you've not got to the immigrants eating cats and dogs in Springfield Ohio yet then 😂

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

Ah so you've not got to the immigrants eating cats and dogs in Springfield Ohio yet then 😂"

Yeah I'm passed that section. Remembered reading articles about pet owners complaining about it few weeks ago.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"I mean him saying he has a concept of a plan is like admitting he can think!

Well the running joke has been that Trump and his healthcare plan has been “3 weeks away” for the last nine years…. So that answers was the one that made me laugh the loudest….

Can i use a basketball analogy for a second… you can’t complain about the refs if your star shooter kicks throwing up brick after brick after brick

Basically… one person prepared for last night, and one person was probably on a golf course "

It is a long time to only have a concept of an idea I thought.

Shows how lazy and unprepared he really was and is

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

Ah so you've not got to the immigrants eating cats and dogs in Springfield Ohio yet then 😂

Yeah I'm passed that section. Remembered reading articles about pet owners complaining about it few weeks ago. "

Ah a daily mail or express reader are you?

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

Yeah I'm passed that section. Remembered reading articles about pet owners complaining about it few weeks ago.

Ah a daily mail or express reader are you? "

Can't remember where I read it, did see it across a few places. Why? Should I specifically only read different ones, perhaps you could recommend me the right places to get information so we are all thinking the same thing the whole time. Can't have these differing points of view now can we.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

""proving his worth from his previous time as president". This is so far from how I view Trump. His time as president was full of chaos, madness and instability.

Hey Mr GardenPath. Oh yeah, I forgot about all the wars which started under Trump. All the prices of goods soaring.

Really was madness wasn't it?"

I don't know what the garden path jibe means.

Using light inside people. Drinking bleach. Being unable to condemn neo Nazis. Spunking billions on a pointless wall that people could step through. Mocking disabled people. Trying to remove healthcare for millions of the poorest Americans in the middle of the worst pandemic in Living memory. His decisive rhetoric. His nonsensical daily twitter rants. Etc etc. the list is endless.

That anyone thinks he was a good world leader is utterly beyond me.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

""proving his worth from his previous time as president". This is so far from how I view Trump. His time as president was full of chaos, madness and instability.

Using light inside people. Drinking bleach. Being unable to condemn neo Nazis. Spunking billions on a pointless wall that people could step through. Mocking disabled people. Trying to remove healthcare for millions of the poorest Americans in the middle of the worst pandemic in Living memory. His decisive rhetoric. His nonsensical daily twitter rants. Etc etc. the list is endless.

That anyone thinks he was a good world leader is utterly beyond me."

* Divisive rhetoric...

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
1 week ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Has yet to answer a question."

First question… economy.. Trump shades it, Harris is nervous

Second question… abortion.. Trump tries to evade and tell a whole bunch of lies, Harris nails his balls to the wall

Third question… immigration… Harris answers, lays the bait telling the nation he will keep coming back to this again and again, bait Trump by taking about crowd size and them leaving with boredom…

And that is the exact point Trump starts unravelling.. and it gets worse question by question after question when she lays more bait

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

Can't remember where I read it, did see it across a few places. Why? Should I specifically only read different ones, perhaps you could recommend me the right places to get information so we are all thinking the same thing the whole time. Can't have these differing points of view now can we."

It came from a rumour on Facebook.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

Can't remember where I read it, did see it across a few places. Why? Should I specifically only read different ones, perhaps you could recommend me the right places to get information so we are all thinking the same thing the whole time. Can't have these differing points of view now can we."

Different points of view are amazing and its what makes the world work after all.

But when you are denying what is clearly I'm front of your own eyes and telling others they are wrong

Well that just seems very hypocritical to me.

Like Trump you are not answering questions and just deflecting

People in cults will act like they are in a cult and defend the indefensible despite the evidence in front of them.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

That anyone thinks he was a good world leader is utterly beyond me."

Oh, its to troll a troll. I've seen you trolling on so many threads on these forums, that you 'lead people up the garden path', which your profile pic is pointing to imo.

A lot of what you've just said is snippets without the full paragraphs.

The wall which Biden and Harris carried on with? And showed video of said wall to celebrate their achievement, yet showed lengths of the wall which Trump built xD

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

First question… economy.. Trump shades it, Harris is nervous

Second question… abortion.. Trump tries to evade and tell a whole bunch of lies, Harris nails his balls to the wall

Third question… immigration… Harris answers, lays the bait telling the nation he will keep coming back to this again and again, bait Trump by taking about crowd size and them leaving with boredom…

And that is the exact point Trump starts unravelling.. and it gets worse question by question after question when she lays more bait "

Oh Harris was nervous? Yeah, that should mean her answers can be ignored and brushed aside.

Guess we are watching two different debates then xD

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

Can't remember where I read it, did see it across a few places. Why? Should I specifically only read different ones, perhaps you could recommend me the right places to get information so we are all thinking the same thing the whole time. Can't have these differing points of view now can we.

Different points of view are amazing and its what makes the world work after all.

But when you are denying what is clearly I'm front of your own eyes and telling others they are wrong

People in cults will act like they are in a cult and defend the indefensible despite the evidence in front of them.

"

I've answered your questions?

"But when you are denying what is clearly I'm front of your own eyes and telling others they are wrong" - Ditto.

"People in cults will act like they are in a cult and defend the indefensible despite the evidence in front of them." - Very true, I'd recommend you don't drink the Kool-aid when its offered to you.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

Oh, its to troll a troll. I've seen you trolling on so many threads on these forums, that you 'lead people up the garden path', which your profile pic is pointing to imo.

The wall which Biden and Harris carried on with? And showed video of said wall to celebrate their achievement, yet showed lengths of the wall which Trump built xD"

Sure I saw you say something the other day about sinking boats did you not?

Man you must be shitting yourself every time you leave the house with this ongoing invasion you're going through?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

"

Oh I get you.

What trolling though? I've just expressed my opinion on Trump and listed a very small number of random chaotic things he did and said.

"

"

Yes, you know all the incidents though. So there's no point in detailing them.

"

The wall which Biden and Harris carried on with? And showed video of said wall to celebrate their achievement, yet showed lengths of the wall which Trump built xD"

Yeah the wall is a clusterfuck. Just because Biden continued it, doesn't absolve Trump from any blame in the billions wasted. Plus that was only one of a long number of chaotic Trump moments.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

"I've answered your questions? "

Which btw, were kind crap trollbait questions. So maybe I won't answer your questions anymore.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

I've answered your questions?

"But when you are denying what is clearly I'm front of your own eyes and telling others they are wrong" - Ditto.

"People in cults will act like they are in a cult and defend the indefensible despite the evidence in front of them." - Very true, I'd recommend you don't drink the Kool-aid when its offered to you.

"

Like Trump you've failed to come up with anything original and just parroting nonsense rinse n repeat 👍

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

"Sure I saw you say something the other day about sinking boats did you not?

Man you must be shitting yourself every time you leave the house with this ongoing invasion you're going through? "

Yes I did, we should be defending our border. We have a Navy, so lets use them.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

"Like Trump you've failed to come up with anything original and just parroting nonsense rinse n repeat 👍"

Huh? xD

Ok dude, I'll leave you to yourself.

Reply privately

By *imba NinjaMan
1 week ago

Aberdeen

"Sure I saw you say something the other day about sinking boats did you not?

Man you must be shitting yourself every time you leave the house with this ongoing invasion you're going through?

Yes I did, we should be defending our border. We have a Navy, so lets use them.

"

I think we have a future minster for common sense contender here yeah

Nigel Farage isn't going to save you I'm afraid to say

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
1 week ago

Felixstowe

Well, finished watching the whole thing... fml it was boring.

Here is a good summery of the skulduggery and bullshit that it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIL3Ka3BS0o

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
1 week ago

golden fields

"Well, finished watching the whole thing... fml it was boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIL3Ka3BS0o"

I always find it interesting when people give away the type of media they consume. Especially if it's very fringe.

Paul Joseph Watson & Modernity news explains a lot. Good work.

Reply privately

1 week ago

Liverpool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIL3Ka3BS0o"

Thanks for sharing that, this is a great example of why last night's debate was as awful as it was.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
1 week ago

The Outer Rim

wow! ... watching the old dementure fella wandering about aimlessly and in a desperate state after the debate, whilst shouting out random numbers was pretty disturbing

Reply privately

7 days ago

Border of London

For those confused by why some Americans are undecided:

BBC News - Trump's message of American decline resonates with pivotal voters

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cy0nerwe8rro

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
7 days ago

The American establishment needs to be honest with the people about the democracy they have or encourage Republican donors to back other candidates.

'If you vote for this guy you risk knocking down load bearing walls of our society that you cannot comprehend', or something to that effect.

The Democrats have a lot to answer for too as Biden and Kamala cannot be the best people they can find for the role.

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
7 days ago

Cwmbran

I liked the part when Biden put on a maga hat

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
7 days ago

Felixstowe

I always find it interesting when people give away the type of media they consume. Especially if it's very fringe.

Paul Joseph Watson & Modernity news explains a lot. Good work. "

Idk who he is. That video was recommended to me by the algorithm after I watched the debate. The guy talked sense though, should I have a different on him?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

Paul Joseph Watson & Modernity news explains a lot. Good work.

Idk who he is. That video was recommended to me by the algorithm after I watched the debate. The guy talked sense though, should I have a different on him? "

Fair enough.

"recommended to me by the algorithm", tells a different and still interesting story.

I don't have an opinion on your opinion of him. I'm sure you did your research on his background prior to recommending his content.

Reply privately

By *restonCouple555Couple
7 days ago

preston

I mean, the overall problem is that decades (centuries?) of collective political failure has yielded a huge demographic of ignorant, gullible, paranoid and hate-filled Americans who for a variety of sad reasons see themselves as having more in common with a lying, grifting, bigoted rapist than they do with an ordinary centre-left public official.

There's no point in arguing with this demographic because they don't have any interest in objectivity, or facts, or evidence (or solidarity, or society, or justice, or government, or... you get the idea). The only productive course of action is to win power from their leaders and then commit to a solid, generational investment in education and public services until that demographic shrinks into irrelevance.

So the debate was just dinner-theatre, yes, but not entirely pointless. It was Harris's opportunity to prove that she could remain calm and steady in the face of the routine hysterical nonsense that is the GOP's current stock-in-trade, and she did so competently and without much difficulty.

Did she "win"? There's no winning against Trump because, as we know, he only follows rules as long as they benefit him, and any loss he sustains must necessarily be as a result of a fix. The question is therefore moot. The only question that really matters about Trump is for how much longer serious-minded people will have to endure him.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
7 days ago

Felixstowe

"Idk who he is. That video was recommended to me by the algorithm after I watched the debate. The guy talked sense though, should I have a different on him?

Fair enough.

"recommended to me by the algorithm", tells a different and still interesting story.

I don't have an opinion on your opinion of him. I'm sure you did your research on his background prior to recommending his content. "

I couldn't care less what you think of me. I couldn't care less what you think of that guy either. The points he made still stand, I bet you didn't watch it.

Here is another guy on youtube, I am subscribed to this one, perhaps you can tell me about how I am wrong for watching him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffifCtXGQ2A

In fact, would you like to come around mine and reform entire online experience so I am watching the right things, and absorbing the right way of thinking?

Reply privately

7 days ago

preston

"

Here is another guy on youtube, I am subscribed to this one, perhaps you can tell me about how I am wrong for watching him.

In fact, would you like to come around mine and reform entire online experience so I am watching the right things, and absorbing the right way of thinking?"

Seriously? You get your "news" from this laughable putz? Do you actually believe anything he says?

I mean regardless of political affiliation it's such obvious conspiracy clickbait horseshit and he's such a flagrant troll. It's this kind of garbage that makes it hard to take the "do your own research" lot seriously. If this is what your research turned up, you don't know how to do research. It's just embarrassing.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

"Idk who he is. That video was recommended to me by the algorithm after I watched the debate. The guy talked sense though, should I have a different on him?

Fair enough.

I don't have an opinion on your opinion of him. I'm sure you did your research on his background prior to recommending his content.

I couldn't care less what you think of me.

"

Excellent, you'll see above I detailed that I have no opinion of your opinion of that bloke.

Otherwise I don't know you, and I have no opinion.

"

I couldn't care less what you think of that guy either.

"

Excellent, thus far I've expressed no opinions on Paul Joseph Watson.

"

The points he made still stand, I bet you didn't watch it.

"

I didn't. I'm not interested, I watched the debate myself.

"

"

Why would I tell you that you're wrong to watch him? That's extremely random thing to say.

"

"

Never heard of Decoy Voice. Have you done as much due diligence on this as you have on Paul Joseph Watson?

"

In fact, would you like to come around mine and reform entire online experience so I am watching the right things, and absorbing the right way of thinking?"

No thanks, I'm not really looking for meets at the moment. And I'm not sure you're my type anyhow.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
7 days ago

Felixstowe

"Seriously? You get your "news" from this laughable putz? Do you actually believe anything he says?

I mean regardless of political affiliation it's such obvious conspiracy clickbait horseshit and he's such a flagrant troll. It's this kind of garbage that makes it hard to take the "do your own research" lot seriously. If this is what your research turned up, you don't know how to do research. It's just embarrassing."

Oh, did I infer I get my news from him?

What is embarrassing is your hypersonic jump to conclusions.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
7 days ago

Felixstowe

Fair enough.

Excellent, you'll see above I detailed that I have no opinion of your opinion of that bloke.

Why would I tell you that you're wrong to watch him? That's extremely random thing to say.

Never heard of Decoy Voice. Have you done as much due diligence on this as you have on Paul Joseph Watson?

In fact, would you like to come around mine and reform entire online experience so I am watching the right things, and absorbing the right way of thinking?

No thanks, I'm not really looking for meets at the moment. And I'm not sure you're my type anyhow. "

You know, for someone that implies a hell of a lot, you sure don't say much of note.

Perhaps you should try standing your ground and saying what you mean, instead of leaving everything open to interpretation.

Or is that what you get off on?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 12/09/24 18:27:10]

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

Fair enough.

No thanks, I'm not really looking for meets at the moment. And I'm not sure you're my type anyhow.

You know, for someone that implies a hell of a lot, you sure don't say much of note.

"

Thank you.

"

Perhaps you should try standing your ground and saying what you mean, instead of leaving everything open to interpretation.

"

What's unclear or open to interpretation? I thought I was being very clear and up front. I find it interesting when people with outlandish views such as Trump was "proving his worth from his previous time as president", reveal where they get their info from.

"

Or is that what you get off on?"

Er no, just find it interesting.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
7 days ago

milton keynes

Few weeks ago with Biden still standing and trump getting shot at it seemed certain of another term of trump. Now things have radically changed and reading posts here, Harris is beating trump easily. With the rise of Harris can we all sleep better, finally

Reply privately

7 days ago

preston

"Seriously? You get your "news" from this laughable putz? Do you actually believe anything he says?

I mean regardless of political affiliation it's such obvious conspiracy clickbait horseshit and he's such a flagrant troll. It's this kind of garbage that makes it hard to take the "do your own research" lot seriously. If this is what your research turned up, you don't know how to do research. It's just embarrassing.

What is embarrassing is your hypersonic jump to conclusions."

Yes, you quite clearly inferred that.

Reply privately

7 days ago

I think Trump is a arsehole but what I don't understand is why is he any worse the the others, Yeah he talks shite (so do the others) He's probably made some bad decisions for the country (so have all the others) He's been involved in sexual court cases) so have others) He's probably made a lot of personal friends very rich (No doubt the others have) Read somewhere that the USA has been involved in wars/conflict with other countries for more the 90% of its independence and I don't think when Trumps was in charge they was at War, it true that's got to be a bonus.

also didn't he just comment about the disinfectant injection along with other things they was going to research, He didn't tell people to drink bleach ffs

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
7 days ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 12/09/24 19:03:11]

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
7 days ago

Central

"I think Trump is a arsehole but what I don't understand is why is he any worse the the others, Yeah he talks shite (so do the others) He's probably made some bad decisions for the country (so have all the others) He's been involved in sexual court cases) so have others) He's probably made a lot of personal friends very rich (No doubt the others have) Read somewhere that the USA has been involved in wars/conflict with other countries for more the 90% of its independence and I don't think when Trumps was in charge they was at War, it true that's got to be a bonus.

also didn't he just comment about the disinfectant injection along with other things they was going to research, He didn't tell people to drink bleach ffs "

I think you're making some universal false equivalency there. Trump's conduct cannot reasonably be equated to other politicians, especially Presidents. The insurrection, his stance towards the likes of the Proud Boys, those who stormed the Capitol. There's no comparison between him and others, to overturn the election results, just for starters. He's the swamp that needs draining, for the benefit of all citizens

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

"I think Trump is a arsehole but what I don't understand is why is he any worse the the others, Yeah he talks shite (so do the others) He's probably made some bad decisions for the country (so have all the others) He's been involved in sexual court cases) so have others) He's probably made a lot of personal friends very rich (No doubt the others have) Read somewhere that the USA has been involved in wars/conflict with other countries for more the 90% of its independence and I don't think when Trumps was in charge they was at War, it true that's got to be a bonus.

also didn't he just comment about the disinfectant injection along with other things they was going to research, He didn't tell people to drink bleach ffs "

Ah yes. Just injecting disinfectant. Totally normal and sane.

Seriously though, America was at war while Trump was in charge. And that he didn't start any new ones wasn't through his skill as an excellent world leader.

Reply privately

7 days ago

also didn't he just comment about the disinfectant injection along with other things they was going to research, He didn't tell people to drink bleach ffs

I think you're making some universal false equivalency there. Trump's conduct cannot reasonably be equated to other politicians, especially Presidents. The insurrection, his stance towards the likes of the Proud Boys, those who stormed the Capitol. There's no comparison between him and others, to overturn the election results, just for starters. He's the swamp that needs draining, for the benefit of all citizens "

Did he actually say about the election

It was rigged ? it probably was, so what if that's what he thinks, Doesn't mean he told everyone storm the capital

Reply privately

7 days ago

Seriously though, America was at war while Trump was in charge. And that he didn't start any new ones wasn't through his skill as an excellent world leader. "

So he didn't start any wars or tell people to drink bleach then or inject it he said they're looking it to it,

I'm not really that involved in politics as they all lie every single one of them, The likes of Trump and Farage talk shite and come across as slimy fuckers but its when people, the media etc talk about them like they're the anti Christ and the last 10-20-30 years have been the glory years and everyone else before them was angels

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

Seriously though, America was at war while Trump was in charge. And that he didn't start any new ones wasn't through his skill as an excellent world leader.

So he didn't start any wars or tell people to drink bleach then or inject it he said they're looking it to it,

I'm not really that involved in politics as they all lie every single one of them, The likes of Trump and Farage talk shite and come across as slimy fuckers but its when people, the media etc talk about them like they're the anti Christ and the last 10-20-30 years have been the glory years and everyone else before them was angels "

He suggested injecting disinfectant.

In fairness, Trump is extra chaotic, insecure and narcissistic. But you're right about the others. Just because Harris is a functioning human, and will likely be less awful than the last two, doesn't mean she will be a good president.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
7 days ago

Felixstowe

Yes, you quite clearly inferred that."

Please quote me on where I clearly inferred it.

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
7 days ago

carrbrook stalybridge

apparently there's a new brand of instant noodles available in Springfield called "not poodle"

Reply privately

7 days ago

preston

Yes, you quite clearly inferred that.

Please quote me on where I clearly inferred it."

Your words:

"Here is another guy on youtube, I am subscribed to this one, perhaps you can tell me about how I am wrong for watching him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffifCtXGQ2A"

You watch and value this guy's output enough to not want to miss a video, a guy who according to his materials supplies commentary on current events, i.e. NEWS.

If you don't see how that's basically saying you get your news from him, at least some of it, then you might have issues beyond your inability to adequately vet your sources of information.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
7 days ago

The Outer Rim

the current news cycle is showing donald grump tanking big time after the tv debate. it's going to take an awful lot of dead cats being thrown into the room to get his arse out of trouble now .... shame there's no cats available due to the hatian cat zombies having such a monumental feeding frenzy in recent days

Reply privately

7 days ago

preston

"

Did he actually say about the election

It was rigged ? it probably was, so what if that's what he thinks, Doesn't mean he told everyone storm the capital"

So, it's pretty common knowledge that immediately having lost the 2020 election, Trump pivoted from trying to rig it in his favour to complaining that it had been rigged against him.

If you don't know that, then I daresay you're not terribly well-placed to decide whether the election was or wasn't rigged. You state in a post above that you don't get involved in politics. That's probably a good decision for the benefit of all.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

"it was the best debate I've had personally". Donald Trump.

Also.

"they're eating the cats… They're eating... they're eating the pets". - Donald Trump.

Reply privately

By *itaminMan
7 days ago

Felixstowe

"Please quote me on where I clearly inferred it.

Your words:

"Here is another guy on youtube, I am subscribed to this one, perhaps you can tell me about how I am wrong for watching him.

You watch and value this guy's output enough to not want to miss a video, a guy who according to his materials supplies commentary on current events, i.e. NEWS.

If you don't see how that's basically saying you get your news from him, at least some of it, then you might have issues beyond your inability to adequately vet your sources of information."

If you cant see that I never said I "get my news from him" even after posting what I said, and including your new caveat to boot, then you really are stupendously incompetent.

I said I subscribe to him. I miss a lot of his content, as I do a lot of content from other creators I subscribe to on youtube. I decide on a whim which of their videos I watch, a lot go unwatched.

For you to say that I "get my news from him" is quite a leap from what I wrote. He is a commentator, not a news reporter. I watch him for his opinion, usually on stuff I already know has/is/will happen.

Yet you act as though you know every aspect of my viewing habits from one post which you take out of context and then attempt to backtrack on, while trying to insult me and derail any substantive back and forth.

I wish you, and the rest on here and on the wider internet forums would really just stop with the gaslighting, straw manning, projecting and just plain bad form on making points/arguments/discussions. It really is just boring now.

I want to debate, I want to have a discourse and really get into stuff. Yet every time I'm met with utter vitriolic clowns.

Alas, I know this will get yet more of the same in replies. I'll probably not even look back to this thread.

Good day.

Reply privately

7 days ago

preston

Your words:

If you don't see how that's basically saying you get your news from him, at least some of it, then you might have issues beyond your inability to adequately vet your sources of information.

If you cant see that I never said I "get my news from him" even after posting what I said, and including your new caveat to boot, then you really are stupendously incompetent.

I said I subscribe to him. I miss a lot of his content, as I do a lot of content from other creators I subscribe to on youtube. I decide on a whim which of their videos I watch, a lot go unwatched.

For you to say that I "get my news from him" is quite a leap from what I wrote. He is a commentator, not a news reporter. I watch him for his opinion, usually on stuff I already know has/is/will happen.

Yet you act as though you know every aspect of my viewing habits from one post which you take out of context and then attempt to backtrack on, while trying to insult me and derail any substantive back and forth.

I wish you, and the rest on here and on the wider internet forums would really just stop with the gaslighting, straw manning, projecting and just plain bad form on making points/arguments/discussions. It really is just boring now.

I want to debate, I want to have a discourse and really get into stuff. Yet every time I'm met with utter vitriolic clowns.

Alas, I know this will get yet more of the same in replies. I'll probably not even look back to this thread.

Good day. "

Nah, not backtracking. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. You use this guy as one of your sources of commentary on current events, i.e., again, NEWS.

You can split hairs on your definition of what "news" is to make it seem like you have an intelligent reason to subscribe to an alt-right clout chaser who specialises in the flimsiest conspiracy theories going, but ultimately if you want to debate and "really get into stuff" with serious people on substantive issues I'd suggest you don't start by linking to guys who'd get expelled on day one of journalism school.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 days ago

golden fields

Your words:

Good day. "

"I want to debate, I want to have a discourse and really get into stuff. Yet every time I'm met with utter vitriolic clowns."

In fairness, people have been polite to you, while your posts were avoiding debate, avoiding answering questions, and having pops at other forum users.

Reply privately