Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Russia pays right wing influencers to peddle misinformation

Jump to newest

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2 OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

Cumbria

“Washington — Two Russian nationals working for a news network controlled by Vladimir Putin's government funneled millions of dollars to an American media company that paid right-wing influencers for videos pushing narratives favorable to the Kremlin, U.S. prosecutors alleged on Wednesday.” From CBS News

Apparently it’s Tenet Media, which pays big money to right wing influencers like Dave Rubin, Tim Pool and Benny Johnson. I wonder if there are any right wing figures in the UK who are being paid by agents of foreign powers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

In other news weather can change and water is wet.

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

"In other news weather can change and water is wet."

But if you can’t trust right wing YouTubers, who can you trust?

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

"In other news weather can change and water is wet.

But if you can’t trust right wing YouTubers, who can you trust?"

Gary down the pub seems very well informed

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

You can use YouTube for other than 'spectacular d*unk girls night out fails' and 'LolCat's?

I'm missing out !!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Aaron banks and Nigel Farage?

Then again they never took a bent rouble from anyone it's claimed..

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

not left wing YouTubers lol

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

But if you can’t trust right wing YouTubers, who can you trust?not left wing YouTubers lol"

Exactly, they're not even funded by Russia. Completely untrustworthy.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

But if you can’t trust right wing YouTubers, who can you trust?not left wing YouTubers lol"

Ooh you cynic..

By *abioMan
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Seeing Tim pool’s name on this list is very very funny… I wonder how he will respond

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

"Seeing Tim pool’s name on this list is very very funny… I wonder how he will respond "

Gary says it is all a conspiracy by the woke lefties

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

Imagine finding out that your views are aligned with people who have been paid to peddle Russian propaganda and misinformation, you’d have to start questioning things then, wouldn’t you? Or would you just double down so as not to lose face?

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
2 weeks ago

Border of London

"Imagine finding out that your views are aligned with people who have been paid to peddle Russian propaganda and misinformation..."

Indeed. You'd start asking for payment!

By *hrill CollinsMan
2 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"Seeing Tim pool’s name on this list is very very funny… I wonder how he will respond "

he's gone straight to the same old rightwing playbook and has pronounced himself as the 'victim'

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Seeing Tim pool’s name on this list is very very funny… I wonder how he will respond

he's gone straight to the same old rightwing playbook and has pronounced himself as the 'victim'"

For people who were born in a house they built with their own hands and spend their lives preaching self responsibility, right wingers spend an awful lot of time proclaiming themselves victims.

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

"Seeing Tim pool’s name on this list is very very funny… I wonder how he will respond

he's gone straight to the same old rightwing playbook and has pronounced himself as the 'victim'

For people who were born in a house they built with their own hands and spend their lives preaching self responsibility, right wingers spend an awful lot of time proclaiming themselves victims."

how do you build a house you are born in tho lol

By *hrill CollinsMan
2 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

the 'victims' are busy shitting their pants to sound of the shuffling paperwork of a bundle of 'Failing to register as a foreign agent' lawsuits coming over the horizon

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

For people who were born in a house they built with their own hands and spend their lives preaching self responsibility, right wingers spend an awful lot of time proclaiming themselves victims.how do you build a house you are born in tho lol"

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves.

By *ostindreamsMan
2 weeks ago

London

For people who were born in a house they built with their own hands and spend their lives preaching self responsibility, right wingers spend an awful lot of time proclaiming themselves victims.how do you build a house you are born in tho lol

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves."

I know left wingers love twisting stuff and making strawman arguments. But this one takes the cake!

You know you can get a house for yourself and your kids by paying for it from your own pocket without expecting the government to do it for you right?

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

For people who were born in a house they built with their own hands and spend their lives preaching self responsibility, right wingers spend an awful lot of time proclaiming themselves victims.how do you build a house you are born in tho lol

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves.

I know left wingers love twisting stuff and making strawman arguments. But this one takes the cake!

You know you can get a house for yourself and your kids by paying for it from your own pocket without expecting the government to do it for you right?"

Did you feel that breeze over your head?

By *ostindreamsMan
2 weeks ago

London

You know you can get a house for yourself and your kids by paying for it from your own pocket without expecting the government to do it for you right?

Did you feel that breeze over your head?"

I pointed out the stupidity of the phrase. So not sure what your point is.

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

Did you feel that breeze over your head?

I pointed out the stupidity of the phrase. So not sure what your point is."

Yes, the whole point of the phrase is that it’s stupid. That’s. The. Joke.

By *uterspace1978Man
2 weeks ago

Bexley

Yup I'm sure the West would never do anything so devious as fund foreign media, influential think tanks, extremist groups or overthrow elected governments etc etc etc ... It happens on all sides FFS

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
2 weeks ago

"Yup I'm sure the West would never do anything so devious as fund foreign media, influential think tanks, extremist groups or overthrow elected governments etc etc etc ... It happens on all sides FFS "

All I got out of the thread was "alleged" "apparently" Its crazy how people believe what they're told by western governments and the media "we are the good guys and they're the bad guys

By *hrill CollinsMan
2 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

western governments? this sounds like a general term banded about by shadowy influencers on nefarious social media channels.... who exactly are these western governments and what charcteristics must they have to fit into this pigeon hole?

By *abioMan
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Yup I'm sure the West would never do anything so devious as fund foreign media, influential think tanks, extremist groups or overthrow elected governments etc etc etc ... It happens on all sides FFS

All I got out of the thread was "alleged" "apparently" Its crazy how people believe what they're told by western governments and the media "we are the good guys and they're the bad guys "

Which part are you alleging is not true?

That people from RT paid Tenet media 10 million dollars to push certain viewpoints….

That tenet media then paid their content creators from that 10 million to push certain viewpoints…….

And then for the content creators to peddle certain viewpoints to influence their viewers!!

Well…. You know what they say…. One content creator claiming victimhood is another persons “useful idiot “!!!!

Because of course Tim and his other content creator friends are giving back all the money… right?

2 weeks ago

"Yup I'm sure the West would never do anything so devious as fund foreign media, influential think tanks, extremist groups or overthrow elected governments etc etc etc ... It happens on all sides FFS

All I got out of the thread was "alleged" "apparently" Its crazy how people believe what they're told by western governments and the media "we are the good guys and they're the bad guys

Which part are you alleging is not true?

That people from RT paid Tenet media 10 million dollars to push certain viewpoints….

That tenet media then paid their content creators from that 10 million to push certain viewpoints…….

And then for the content creators to peddle certain viewpoints to influence their viewers!!

Well…. You know what they say…. One content creator claiming victimhood is another persons “useful idiot “!!!!

Because of course Tim and his other content creator friends are giving back all the money… right? "

I was replying to a post and stand by what I said, about people believing what they’re told by governments that have done and still do the very things they’re accusing other countries of doing

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Yup I'm sure the West would never do anything so devious as fund foreign media, influential think tanks, extremist groups or overthrow elected governments etc etc etc ... It happens on all sides FFS "

Yes, that’s rather the point, they are doing it to sow division and put the person they want in power.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
2 weeks ago

Central

Yes, that’s rather the point, they are doing it to sow division and put the person they want in power."

I think there'll still be heads ducking here

By *hrill CollinsMan
2 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"I was replying to a post and stand by what I said, about people believing what they’re told by governments that have done and still do the very things they’re accusing other countries of doing "

no .... you tried to differentiate from russia by saying 'western' governments previously .... is that no the case now?

By (user no longer on site)
2 weeks ago

Would be more worried if Russia actually invested properly in it's military.

By *otMe66Man
2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Russia interfering with internal affairs, I'm shocked to the core...

Thank goodness CBS is around to tell us what is going on, we would be lost without them.

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Would be more worried if Russia actually invested properly in it's military."

It doesn’t need to, far cheaper to put its man in the White House, and win that way.

2 weeks ago

"I was replying to a post and stand by what I said, about people believing what they’re told by governments that have done and still do the very things they’re accusing other countries of doing

no .... you tried to differentiate from russia by saying 'western' governments previously .... is that no the case now?"

, No I was pointing out most countries do it and use propaganda to tell you its the other countries fault when shit happens, so why believe one over the other

By *uterspace1978Man
2 weeks ago

Bexley

"Would be more worried if Russia actually invested properly in it's military."

Mmm cough weren't we told at the beginning the war that they would run out of shells / missile's etc etc etc and were fighting with shovels and taking people's washing machine chips to use to make missiles ! That's a long time to still be fighting with only shovels and washing machines .... All I'm saying is propaganda knows no limits.

Listen we are all being kept busy by our leaders, left hating right,right hating left , they sow seeds of division, create resentment and anger.....its by design.

The thing they fear the most is for us to think,to see and unite despite our differences against them and end their stealing and lies.

We must unite despite our perceived differences, agreed to disagree respectfully without inflammatary language, cancellatios etc, and not harm others in the process.

It's not really that hard when you leave the ego behind and start to question ..... and maybe just maybe allow yourself to think maybe I'm wrong (which ever side of the debate) and allow yourself to break free of what your side tells you to believe .....

Service over

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

Lubov Chernukhin, wife of Russia’s former deputy finance minister, donated £70k to Priti Patel’s leadership campaign, definitely pays better to be a right wing influencer than a right wing politician.

By *eard and TattsCouple
2 weeks ago

Cwmbran

Left wing media

Oh wait....

By *eard and TattsCouple
2 weeks ago

Cwmbran

Yes but it's only relevant when it comes to the pesky far right

By *trueceltMan
2 weeks ago

Carms

Then I'd say Russia could save a few roubles here because many western countries, the US and Hungary in particular, need no help whatsoever in fuelling pro-Russian far-right bollocks, they're doing a good job all by themselves - attributable in part to elements on the left who are seen in some quarters, by some voters as nothing more than cloying sycophants (The Guardian) or terrorists in disguise (JSO).

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Then I'd say Russia could save a few roubles here because many western countries, the US and Hungary in particular, need no help whatsoever in fuelling pro-Russian far-right bollocks, they're doing a good job all by themselves - attributable in part to elements on the left who are seen in some quarters, by some voters as nothing more than cloying sycophants (The Guardian) or terrorists in disguise (JSO). "

Have you thought that maybe the reason the US and Hungary have fuelled so much far right pro-Russian bollocks is because Russia has given them so much ‘help’?

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves."

yes I know hence lol at the end and iv never read anyone on here say that no one should get help from the state I think the lefties just want to believe that there desperate for a bogey man

By *eard and TattsCouple
2 weeks ago

Cwmbran

I will say this, benny Johnson is the biggest, the BIGGEST arse licker for Trump I've ever seen. You can almost see the look of pure love in his eyes on his videos. Non bias opinion there, I just think it's pathetic how people swoon over political figures

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves. yes I know hence lol at the end and iv never read anyone on here say that no one should get help from the state I think the lefties just want to believe that there desperate for a bogey man "

Anyone on here? There’s a big wide world out there, foxy.

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves. yes I know hence lol at the end and iv never read anyone on here say that no one should get help from the state I think the lefties just want to believe that there desperate for a bogey man

Anyone on here? There’s a big wide world out there, foxy."

ok then iv not seen anything on YouTube either but you probably have to go digging for it so that’s why iv not come across it then

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

It’s a phrase used to take the piss out of right wing types who think that no one should get help from the state and we should all just do everything ourselves. yes I know hence lol at the end and iv never read anyone on here say that no one should get help from the state I think the lefties just want to believe that there desperate for a bogey man

Anyone on here? There’s a big wide world out there, foxy.ok then iv not seen anything on YouTube either but you probably have to go digging for it so that’s why iv not come across it then "

Apparently there’s a world outside of YouTube too.

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

Anyone on here? There’s a big wide world out there, foxy.ok then iv not seen anything on YouTube either but you probably have to go digging for it so that’s why iv not come across it then

Apparently there’s a world outside of YouTube too."

aw thanx for the education well done you lol I’m not a fan of mainstream media huni

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

Anyone on here? There’s a big wide world out there, foxy.ok then iv not seen anything on YouTube either but you probably have to go digging for it so that’s why iv not come across it then

Apparently there’s a world outside of YouTube too.aw thanx for the education well done you lol I’m not a fan of mainstream media huni "

You don’t say?

By *hagTonightMan
2 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I agree and as well douglas macgregor. I would also say that all of the alternative media is spreading the same kind of misinformation about it.

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

Apparently there’s a world outside of YouTube too.aw thanx for the education well done you lol I’m not a fan of mainstream media huni

You don’t say?"

your the one that lies to think your the educator on here you don’t have to talk down to someone to get your point across

By *eard and TattsCouple
2 weeks ago

Cwmbran

Apparently there’s a world outside of YouTube too.aw thanx for the education well done you lol I’m not a fan of mainstream media huni

You don’t say?your the one that lies to think your the educator on here you don’t have to talk down to someone to get your point across "

A common theme in politics forum

By *itaminMan
2 weeks ago

Felixstowe

Putin has come out in support of Harris.

2 weeks ago

Cumbria

The Russians have over 600 influencers on the payroll in the US, and the FBI know who they are.

Things could be about to get interesting.

By *I TwoCouple
2 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

"Putin has come out in support of Harris.

"

Using reverse psychology then ?

By *igNick1381Man
2 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"Putin has come out in support of Harris.

"

Putin supports Harris = Reverse Psychology, he clearly wants Trump

Putin supports Trump = You see! He clearly wants Trump

By *melie LALWoman
2 weeks ago

Peterborough

"“Washington — Two Russian nationals working for a news network controlled by Vladimir Putin's government funneled millions of dollars to an American media company that paid right-wing influencers for videos pushing narratives favorable to the Kremlin, U.S. prosecutors alleged on Wednesday.” From CBS News

Apparently it’s Tenet Media, which pays big money to right wing influencers like Dave Rubin, Tim Pool and Benny Johnson. I wonder if there are any right wing figures in the UK who are being paid by agents of foreign powers?"

We probably have enough right wing idiots that do that for free

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

"“Washington — Two Russian nationals working for a news network controlled by Vladimir Putin's government funneled millions of dollars to an American media company that paid right-wing influencers for videos pushing narratives favorable to the Kremlin, U.S. prosecutors alleged on Wednesday.” From CBS News

Apparently it’s Tenet Media, which pays big money to right wing influencers like Dave Rubin, Tim Pool and Benny Johnson. I wonder if there are any right wing figures in the UK who are being paid by agents of foreign powers?

We probably have enough right wing idiots that do that for free "

other side of that coin enough left wing idiots aswell

By *melie LALWoman
2 weeks ago

Peterborough

We probably have enough right wing idiots that do that for free

other side of that coin enough left wing idiots aswell "

Probably, but that wasn't the subject of the OP!

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

We probably have enough right wing idiots that do that for free other side of that coin enough left wing idiots aswell "

I can think of Owen Jones. Who else is there?

Post new Message to Thread