Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

BBC Radio worth every penny.

Jump to newest

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Political pundit ask Kier on his brand new Political Radio Show what will he do about Oasis ticket pricing.

Then he asks what about the Downing Street pet for the family.

Keir Starmer is sat on his first show in front of him, and they are the two questions he asks on the first day of Parliament !!!!

BBC 'crap' personified.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
2 weeks ago

Central

I do think the BBC is worth every penny I paym I'd have paid the fee just for Radio 4 and BBC4 alone, if they keep it being supplied with content.

By *usybee73Man
2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Only bbc I listen too is local radio, though older presenters are getting removed not by choice. But love test match special as its comedy gold at times and miss the wind ups with boycott

For music, it's greatest hits and Ken Bruce with pop master every time

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
2 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Isn’t it common practice for interviewers to provide a list of questions/topics to the press team beforehand for them to ok them, those were probably the only two he was prepared to answer

By *abioMan
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I do think the BBC is worth every penny I paym I'd have paid the fee just for Radio 4 and BBC4 alone, if they keep it being supplied with content. "

Me too… a fan of local radio and of 5 live

Plus the amount of podcasts they put out on different issues and subjects is amazing

By *igNick1381Man
2 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

If the BBC disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't notice there's so many other media sources

By *ill69888Couple
2 weeks ago

manchester

The only good thing on the BBC is test match special. The rest is absolute sh!te and all of the news/politics is massively biased towards this current Governement.

By *estivalMan
2 weeks ago

borehamwood

No idea if it's worth the money,stopped paying for it about 2 months into covid can't say I miss it,not just the beeb,its chanel 4 itv and all the other terrestrial TV.got myself a dodgy box that does me

By *ornucopiaMan
2 weeks ago

Bexley

"No idea if it's worth the money,stopped paying for it about 2 months into covid can't say I miss it,not just the beeb,its chanel 4 itv and all the other terrestrial TV.got myself a dodgy box that does me"

What has watching television,with or without a licence, got to do with the cultural value of BBC Radio?

Different media, different appeal and different licensing conditions.

Biggest difference is that BBC Radio is generally intended for people who still use their brains rather than living in a soma based society.

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

"No idea if it's worth the money,stopped paying for it about 2 months into covid can't say I miss it,not just the beeb,its chanel 4 itv and all the other terrestrial TV.got myself a dodgy box that does me"

So you are cheating the rest of us by watching illegally on your dodgy box? Nice

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

"No idea if it's worth the money,stopped paying for it about 2 months into covid can't say I miss it,not just the beeb,its chanel 4 itv and all the other terrestrial TV.got myself a dodgy box that does me

So you are cheating the rest of us by watching illegally on your dodgy box? Nice "

How is this effecting the rest of us?

I don't watch TV, don't have a licence.

By *abioMan
2 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It infuriates me when people just think of the BBC as just TV .. or a news organisation

You’d miss it more than you realise… for example the world leading natural history unit… or their children’s department… or like others have said their local radio or podcast output…

By *uietbloke67Man
2 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

It's worth every penny and those who wouldn't miss it, well try not listening, watching or downloading anything that is BBC oriented for a month.

By *ornucopiaMan
2 weeks ago

Bexley

"No idea if it's worth the money,stopped paying for it about 2 months into covid can't say I miss it,not just the beeb,its chanel 4 itv and all the other terrestrial TV.got myself a dodgy box that does me

So you are cheating the rest of us by watching illegally on your dodgy box? Nice

I don't watch TV, don't have a licence."

Ditto. I now further understand why I am nearly always in agreement with Johnny's posts!

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 05/09/24 08:08:52]

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

Ditto. I now further understand why I am nearly always in agreement with Johnny's posts!"

By *hrill CollinsMan
2 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

i don't watch tv either, i don't have a licence because i don't watch tv, i don't have a television set, i don't watch tv on any kind of device, nor do i smugly steal by having a moody stick

but i do listen to radio fairly constantly .... especially radio 6 and radio cymru

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

I don't watch TV, don't have a licence."

Was I replying to you? No.

I was replying to the bloke who said he uses a dodgy box and doesn’t pay his license fee.

How does that affect me? I’m paying for him and other dodgers

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation

By *estivalMan
2 weeks ago

borehamwood

I was replying to the bloke who said he uses a dodgy box and doesn’t pay his license fee.

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation "

how am I cheating you? I don't watch any bbc channels or the likes of itv or chanel four,most of the content I watch is from other country's,only thing I watch that I should pay for is sports and I have no problem ripping sky off,you want to watch terrestrial television then knock yaself out mate myself I'm not paying for what I don't watch

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation how am I cheating you? I don't watch any bbc channels or the likes of itv or chanel four,most of the content I watch is from other country's,only thing I watch that I should pay for is sports and I have no problem ripping sky off,you want to watch terrestrial television then knock yaself out mate myself I'm not paying for what I don't watch"

If you are watching tv, you need a tv license. If you don’t pay, those who do pay are finding you.

Grow up, pay the license. You’re not the “rebel” you think you are

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation how am I cheating you? I don't watch any bbc channels or the likes of itv or chanel four,most of the content I watch is from other country's,only thing I watch that I should pay for is sports and I have no problem ripping sky off,you want to watch terrestrial television then knock yaself out mate myself I'm not paying for what I don't watch"

If I knew you, I’d report you

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

"

Is this a forum for everyone to reply to eachother on? Yes.

"

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation "

Excellent work.

I actually do like some of the BBC's output, I just don't have much time to watch it. Nor in fact any TV.

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

Excellent work.

I actually do like some of the BBC's output, I just don't have much time to watch it. Nor in fact any TV. "

Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I was replying to a guy who watches tv but refuses to pay a license fee and I say he’s cheating me.

You reply, saying you don’t watch tv so how are you cheating me?

I never said you were.

Try following the normal rules of conversation and you will find the world less confusing

By *ools and the brainCouple
2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

The fee is worth it just for the infinite monkey cage alone, not to mention all the sports coverage, reruns of old sit coms, political show's and interviews the cultural diversity you can listen to, obscure music, mainstream music and much much more with the added bonus of no adverts

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 weeks ago

golden fields

Excellent work.

I actually do like some of the BBC's output, I just don't have much time to watch it. Nor in fact any TV.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I was replying to a guy who watches tv but refuses to pay a license fee and I say he’s cheating me.

You reply, saying you don’t watch tv so how are you cheating me?

I never said you were.

Try following the normal rules of conversation and you will find the world less confusing "

Chill, it's a discussion forum. If you want an exclusive conversation with the bloke you want to report, just DM him.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
2 weeks ago

Gilfach

"how am I cheating you? I don't watch any bbc channels or the likes of itv or chanel four,most of the content I watch is from other country's,only thing I watch that I should pay for is sports and I have no problem ripping sky off,you want to watch terrestrial television then knock yaself out mate myself I'm not paying for what I don't watch"

"If you are watching tv, you need a tv license. If you don’t pay, those who do pay are finding you."

You only need a licence to watch, live stream, or record broadcast TV, or if you use the BBC iplayer. Technically you don't need a licence to watch Sky Sports, but it only legally comes as a bundle with the terrestrial channels.

The guy above says that he's watching TV from other countries, and illegal Sky Sports. If that's true, he doesn't need a TV licence.

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

"Political pundit ask Kier on his brand new Political Radio Show what will he do about Oasis ticket pricing.

Then he asks what about the Downing Street pet for the family.

Keir Starmer is sat on his first show in front of him, and they are the two questions he asks on the first day of Parliament !!!!

BBC 'crap' personified.

"

never been a fan band would never pay the bbc

By *estivalMan
2 weeks ago

borehamwood

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation how am I cheating you? I don't watch any bbc channels or the likes of itv or chanel four,most of the content I watch is from other country's,only thing I watch that I should pay for is sports and I have no problem ripping sky off,you want to watch terrestrial television then knock yaself out mate myself I'm not paying for what I don't watch

If I knew you, I’d report you "

i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh,

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

If you don’t watch tv that’s clearly a different situation how am I cheating you? I don't watch any bbc channels or the likes of itv or chanel four,most of the content I watch is from other country's,only thing I watch that I should pay for is sports and I have no problem ripping sky off,you want to watch terrestrial television then knock yaself out mate myself I'm not paying for what I don't watch

If I knew you, I’d report you i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh, "

pmsl if I knew you I’d report you wtf I bet he would aswell ppl have no shame lol

By *eard and TattsCouple
2 weeks ago

Cwmbran

If I knew you, I’d report you "

Sad

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

If I knew you, I’d report you i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh, pmsl if I knew you I’d report you wtf I bet he would aswell ppl have no shame lol"

Yes some people have no shame, openly boasting about dodging the license fee and continuing to watch tv.

By *ools and the brainCouple
2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

If I knew you, I’d report you i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh, "

Well breaking the law is breaking the law,you can't pick and choose.

By *estivalMan
2 weeks ago

borehamwood

If I knew you, I’d report you i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh, pmsl if I knew you I’d report you wtf I bet he would aswell ppl have no shame lol

Yes some people have no shame, openly boasting about dodging the license fee and continuing to watch tv. "

what part of I don't need a TV licence don't you understand? I don't watch anything that requires a TV licence and like I said nice to know you are a grass the lowest of the low

By *estivalMan
2 weeks ago

borehamwood

If I knew you, I’d report you i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh,

"

how am I breaking the law? I don't watch anything that needs a licence and as for depriving sky TV of money I'm fine with that

By *immyinreadingMan
2 weeks ago

henley on thames

If I knew you, I’d report you i dont need a t.v licence just because i own a tv, and if you kneew me you would report me lol so your a grass eh,

how am I breaking the law? I don't watch anything that needs a licence and as for depriving sky TV of money I'm fine with that"

Again? Really? We are referring to a different poster, the one who boasted about using “a dodgy box” to watch tv.

Again, if you don’t own a tv or watch tv on your computer, as you say, then you’re fine.

Post new Message to Thread