Russian troop losses over 600,000

Jump to newest

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man
5 weeks ago

nearby

Defence of Ukraine

The combat losses of the enemy from February 24, 2022 to August 17, 2024

598130 +1230 yesterday

Equivalent to eight times the size of regular British army personnel, and more than USA regular army personnel

Will Putin give it up. Has he got anything left ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ostindreamsMan
5 weeks ago

London

People like Putin don't usually just give up. But there are good chances that a "balcony accident" might happen.

By *eavenNhellCouple
5 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

Equivalent to eight times the size of regular British army personnel, and more than USA regular army personnel

Will Putin give it up. Has he got anything left ? "

"0ne death is a tragedy 600,000 deaths are a statistic " Joseph stalin Putins hero he won't be the slightest bit bothered

By *estivalMan
5 weeks ago

borehamwood

Oh wow hundreds of thousands of people die in a war I'm shocked I tell ya, add in ukraine casualties and I'm sure it's well on it way to 1 and a quarter million dead

By *emma StonesTV/TS
5 weeks ago

Crewe

"Oh wow hundreds of thousands of people die in a war I'm shocked I tell ya, add in ukraine casualties and I'm sure it's well on it way to 1 and a quarter million dead"

It’s not a war it’s a special operation.

By *amdenfunMan
5 weeks ago

London

"Oh wow hundreds of thousands of people die in a war I'm shocked I tell ya, add in ukraine casualties and I'm sure it's well on it way to 1 and a quarter million dead"

So sad. Poor children sent to their death.

And so often, it’s civilian casualties reported, as if dead soldiers don’t matter. They’ve chosen to risk their lives, I suppose - freedom of contract and all that.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
5 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

Will Putin give it up. Has he got anything left ? "

Where was that number reported? 600k? That's huge....

By *ronisMan
5 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

Where was that number reported? 600k? That's huge...."

Not in terms of history to Putin.

You're talking about a guy who is old school KGB with a direct link to Khrushchev.

They lost 27 million in ww2. 61 million in gulags between 1919 and 1987. Leningrad lost more people in 2 years of German occupation than the total British and American losses of ww2. You have no idea what your dealing with.

He will not stop unless he is stopped.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
5 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

You're talking about a guy who is old school KGB with a direct link to Khrushchev.

They lost 27 million in ww2. 61 million in gulags between 1919 and 1987. Leningrad lost more people in 2 years of German occupation than the total British and American losses of ww2. You have no idea what your dealing with.

He will not stop unless he is stopped."

Right, so where was the number reported?

By *ronisMan
5 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

He will not stop unless he is stopped.

Right, so where was the number reported?"

No idea, I was just making the point that 600k to Putin is diddle.

He doesn't care.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
5 weeks ago

Border of London

The biggest threat to Putin in recent years was the domestic backlash to his proposed pension reforms.

He shouldn't be sending his youngest into war, he should be sending everyone over the age of 55.

Amateur.

By *ronisMan
5 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"The biggest threat to Putin in recent years was the domestic backlash to his proposed pension reforms.

He shouldn't be sending his youngest into war, he should be sending everyone over the age of 55.

Amateur."

What with age related medical problems? High BP, heart disease, diabetes, sight problem....yeah good idea.

Give a myopic cardiac patient with diabetes and the shakes an ak47.

Maybe not.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
5 weeks ago

Border of London

"

Give a myopic cardiac patient with diabetes and the shakes an ak47.

Maybe not. "

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

Where was that number reported? 600k? That's huge...."

The average estimate of loss is approx 850 a day over the 2 years, and in the last 2 months 70k losses.

Propaganda possibly, but something is changing and not in Putin's favour.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
4 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"Defence of Ukraine

598130 +1230 yesterday

The average estimate of loss is approx 850 a day over the 2 years, and in the last 2 months 70k losses.

Propaganda possibly, but something is changing and not in Putin's favour."

Ok so....who is giving out the average numbers of 850 per day etc?

It would be interesting to find out who is counting the body bags.

4 weeks ago

nearby

a. 825. Today is 825 days since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

b. 465,000. Over 465,000 Russian personnel have been killed or wounded in that time.

c. 980. From January 2024 to April 2024, Russia’s daily casualty rate in Ukraine – the numbers of killed and wounded – was 980.

Estimates in May, put that number over 1000 per day. That is around 30,000 per month. The highest rate it has been since the start of this war.

d. 40%. Defence now takes up 40% of Russia’s government spending – which amounts to 6% of its GDP.

e. 70,000. Ukraine has liberated 70,000 square miles of land that Russia seized in 2022. And Ukraine has destroyed or damaged a quarter of the Black Sea Fleet’s vessels, denying Russia control of the western Black Sea and pushing back much of the Russian navy from Crimea. As a result, Ukraine has successfully resumed maritime exports from its Black Sea ports. Monthly export volumes through its maritime corridor are consistently at the highest levels - four and a half million tonnes - since the war began. It is on course to export all its harvest this year despite repeated Russian attempts to prevent it.”

Delivered on:

29 May 2024 (Transcript of the speech, exactly as it was delivered)

40% of Russia’s spending is on this war, with minimal advancement. How is that sustainable.

Putin will not achieve his goal, the best chance he had is gone:

surprise advantage/troops/stockpiled supplies.

In July 2024 the Russian Central Bank raised the key interest rate to 18% (20% Feb 2022)

For balance, ‘Russia to grow faster than all advanced economies says IMF’

It does appear both counties running out of steam, so how long before negotiations

By *onica-mayhemWoman
4 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"

a. 825. Today is 825 days since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

b. 465,000. Over 465,000 Russian personnel have been killed or wounded in that time.

c. 980. From January 2024 to April 2024, Russia’s daily casualty rate in Ukraine – the numbers of killed and wounded – was 980.

Estimates in May, put that number over 1000 per day. That is around 30,000 per month. The highest rate it has been since the start of this war.

d. 40%. Defence now takes up 40% of Russia’s government spending – which amounts to 6% of its GDP.

e. 70,000. Ukraine has liberated 70,000 square miles of land that Russia seized in 2022. And Ukraine has destroyed or damaged a quarter of the Black Sea Fleet’s vessels, denying Russia control of the western Black Sea and pushing back much of the Russian navy from Crimea. As a result, Ukraine has successfully resumed maritime exports from its Black Sea ports. Monthly export volumes through its maritime corridor are consistently at the highest levels - four and a half million tonnes - since the war began. It is on course to export all its harvest this year despite repeated Russian attempts to prevent it.”

Delivered on:

29 May 2024 (Transcript of the speech, exactly as it was delivered)

40% of Russia’s spending is on this war, with minimal advancement. How is that sustainable.

Putin will not achieve his goal, the best chance he had is gone:

surprise advantage/troops/stockpiled supplies.

In July 2024 the Russian Central Bank raised the key interest rate to 18% (20% Feb 2022)

For balance, ‘Russia to grow faster than all advanced economies says IMF’

It does appear both counties running out of steam, so how long before negotiations "

Thanks, that's appreciated.....but who is saying this? Where are those transcripts coming from?

4 weeks ago

nearby

"

Thanks, that's appreciated.....but who is saying this? Where are those transcripts coming from?"

The details above are from

Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and Ankur Narayan, UK Politico-Military Counsellor at the UK Delegation to the OSCE

Published

30 May 2024

The original post figures are from Defence of Ukraine X. As further detailed on guardian and bbc Friday/yesterday. I would have put the links in for you but have had five forum bans to date defending with links.

The dates from May and 16 August concur with NotMe’s figs.

Also, Ukraine has kept their casualty’s quiet, but Fergal Keane made a lengthy report on bbc several months ago, in it he said 358,000 Ukrainian casualties

From what has been reported over one million from both sides seems likely. The current high Russian losses appear very high as they are conscripts.

Ukrainian troops are trained on rotation all over Europe including UK. On Dartmoor every week they can be seen being trained on forward observation by the army and Royal Marines.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
4 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

So the BBC, the guardian, the military counsel and twitter/X....

Fair enough. It's bound to be true, accurate and impartial.

Thanks for the clarification

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"So the BBC, the guardian, the military counsel and twitter/X....

Thanks for the clarification "

what do you think the numbers are, if you have doubts on the legitimacy of the numbers being reported?

By *atEvolutionCouple
4 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

I bet this must be what a Sewing Bee is like.

4 weeks ago

nearby

Thanks for the clarification "

I am unsure if you are agreeing or not?

One million casualties over 2.5 years of invasion/war with two countries of combined populations of 190m does not seem high to me.

Add the financial cost, estimates of $500m -$1bn a day for Russia, and Ukraine has received £175bn in aid so far.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Gilfach

"d. 40%. Defence now takes up 40% of Russia’s government spending – which amounts to 6% of its GDP."

Since that number has been widely debunked, I'm going to assume your other figures are equally dodgy.

By *eroy1000Man
4 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

Thanks, that's appreciated.....but who is saying this? Where are those transcripts coming from?

The details above are from

Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and Ankur Narayan, UK Politico-Military Counsellor at the UK Delegation to the OSCE

Published

30 May 2024

The original post figures are from Defence of Ukraine X. As further detailed on guardian and bbc Friday/yesterday. I would have put the links in for you but have had five forum bans to date defending with links.

The dates from May and 16 August concur with NotMe’s figs.

Also, Ukraine has kept their casualty’s quiet, but Fergal Keane made a lengthy report on bbc several months ago, in it he said 358,000 Ukrainian casualties

From what has been reported over one million from both sides seems likely. The current high Russian losses appear very high as they are conscripts.

Ukrainian troops are trained on rotation all over Europe including UK. On Dartmoor every week they can be seen being trained on forward observation by the army and Royal Marines. "

I see these figures reported quite a lot though unsure how they work them out. Unfortunately only the Russians know the actual figures and are unlikely to reveal them and if they publish any figures they are likely to be false. I read and watch that the Russians are using human waves of new recruits and ex prisoners, to advance on the Ukrainian lines so that when the Ukrainians open fire, the more experienced Russian troops can get a fix on their positions. It extremely high cost in lives but it is producing results bit by bit. Basically a modified version of WW1 tactics but with modern weapons.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
4 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

One million casualties over 2.5 years of invasion/war with two countries of combined populations of 190m does not seem high to me.

Add the financial cost, estimates of $500m -$1bn a day for Russia, and Ukraine has received £175bn in aid so far. "

I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing.

If it looks like "the good guys" are winning then public opinion is easier to sway towards sending several more billion to aid a country at war. Companies engaged in the supply of military products lick their lips at the thought of tax payer money being used to further enrich them.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Add the financial cost, estimates of $500m -$1bn a day for Russia, and Ukraine has received £175bn in aid so far.

If it looks like "the good guys" are winning then public opinion is easier to sway towards sending several more billion to aid a country at war. Companies engaged in the supply of military products lick their lips at the thought of tax payer money being used to further enrich them. "

That is a fair point, and I think has influenced the decision to take the fight into Russia

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
4 weeks ago

Hastings

If it looks like "the good guys" are winning then public opinion is easier to sway towards sending several more billion to aid a country at war. Companies engaged in the supply of military products lick their lips at the thought of tax payer money being used to further enrich them. "

And if we don't send what Ukraine needs and putin takes over Ukraine,

Then what where will he strike next.

Up the price of Gas, Oil invade another country..

Post new Message to Thread