Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Brexit Bonus!

Jump to newest

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

So with ETIAS being introduced next month you will have to declare any criminal convictions on it to enter the EU

That obviously doesn't mean you can't go on holiday with a criminal record. Obviously serious crimes will be refused but other crimes will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Like Criminal damage to lives or property, drug dealing etc

Obviously lying is an automatic fail and could see you banned for 3 years

Could find a lot of rioters won't be able to go to the Red Lion in Benidorm for a full English and a pint once they get out.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 weeks ago

nearby

"So with ETIAS being introduced next month you will have to declare any criminal convictions on it to enter the EU

That obviously doesn't mean you can't go on holiday with a criminal record. Obviously serious crimes will be refused but other crimes will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Like Criminal damage to lives or property, drug dealing etc

Could find a lot of rioters won't be able to go to the Red Lion in Benidorm for a full English and a pint once they get out."

27% of Uk has a criminal record, and 33% of men.

This could affect alot of people.

By *oxychick35Couple
5 weeks ago

thornaby

"So with ETIAS being introduced next month you will have to declare any criminal convictions on it to enter the EU

Could find a lot of rioters won't be able to go to the Red Lion in Benidorm for a full English and a pint once they get out."

don’t think anyone goes the red lion for a full English mate it’s a place they go to dance on a night or ride the bull have you actually been there lol

By *onica-mayhemWoman
5 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

Could find a lot of rioters won't be able to go to the Red Lion in Benidorm for a full English and a pint once they get out.

This could affect alot of people. "

They only need to float across the channel on a dinghy, chuck their passport in the sea, rock up on shore and be given a free hotel....right?

Maybe the people that do it will change their minds about the people going the opposite way and think that maybe they're not so bad after all.

This is a win-win, no?

By *allySlinkyWoman
5 weeks ago

Leeds

"So with ETIAS being introduced next month "

Next month ?

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

Sorry got it a little wrong

EU Entry/Exit System (EES) which is due to come into force in autumn 2024.

European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS), due in mid-2025.

Feel free to research but it won't be like the USA! It will depend on the serverity of the crime and how long the crime was commited. So if you done a few months for ABH 10 years it will unlikely be a problem as long as you declare it.

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

However if you have done 10 years for drug smuggling its unlikely you'll be going to Ibiza!

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

Could find a lot of rioters won't be able to go to the Red Lion in Benidorm for a full English and a pint once they get out.don’t think anyone goes the red lion for a full English mate it’s a place they go to dance on a night or ride the bull have you actually been there lol"

No Sorry I haven't been to benidorm I was just using that as an example. Was always more of an Ibiza guy (the east side)

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"

Nothing to do with a Brexit bonus. ETIAS was being introduced by the EU as a whole, even when we were members - GB decided to go with the system regardless anyway after Brexit.

It has been postponed because a lot of countries are not up to speed with its deployment.

****ETIAS will start to be operational in mid-2025, according to the action plan endorsed by the ministers of EU countries in October 2023. The launch of ETIAS will take place a few months after the introduction of the Entry Exit System (the EES) ****

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

Nothing to do with a Brexit bonus. ETIAS was being introduced by the EU as a whole, even when we were members - GB decided to go with the system regardless anyway after Brexit.

It has been postponed because a lot of countries are not up to speed with its deployment.

****ETIAS will start to be operational in mid-2025, according to the action plan endorsed by the ministers of EU countries in October 2023. The launch of ETIAS will take place a few months after the introduction of the Entry Exit System (the EES) ****

"

According to ETIAS website, freedom of movement still applies within the EU and and ETIAS is not required. Now that the UK is not part of the EU it is now treated like any other non EU country.

So it might have taken a while to set up and may have been decided while we were members the fact remains.

We need an ETIAS to enter the EU

If we were still in the EU we wouldn't.

I'm getting this from ETIAS.com so can't think of a more reliable source

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

The EGate system will be integrally linked to the EITAS system - It will flag everyone regardless of whether they are members of the EU or not. So in that way it is EITAS without application.

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

Regardless.

People keep gibbering on about how troublesome the UK is to immigration, while forgetting that the whole of Europe is legislating to control 'uncontrolled immigration' EGates and ETIAS were first proposed in 2016 as a plan to combat the 1.8billion (estimated) migrants crossing borders illegally in the next 5/10 years.

Frankly. I think that it's a good idea. I wouldn't expect to travel to America and just say let me in I have no visa.

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

"The EGate system will be integrally linked to the EITAS system - It will flag everyone regardless of whether they are members of the EU or not. So in that way it is EITAS without application. "

I'm sorry you may be right but I can't find any evidence of it? Do you per chance have a link

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

"The EGate system will be integrally linked to the EITAS system - It will flag everyone regardless of whether they are members of the EU or not. So in that way it is EITAS without application.

I'm sorry you may be right but I can't find any evidence of it? Do you per chance have a link

"

Check the European Union Parliament Website.

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

To be fair it doesn't look like the ETIAS system has been finalized yet so things may be different in summer 2025 unless its prosponed which it probably will be!

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 15/08/24 17:15:53]

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

There is also another way of looking at this.

Do you really want to be sat in a bar in Spain with a known terrorist, bank robber, hoodlum, sex offender, murderer, child killer, rioter etc etc.

It's clear these days that you really don't know who you are talking to at any time, and that there once was a certain comfort in anonymity - but then who knew that we would hear every single day about child killers killing other children, 12 year old rioters setting fire to hotels intending to kill people and on it goes. Racist murderers. If EES or EITAS stops even one, it gets my vote and my 7euros to process it.

So to me, it is a BIG bonus.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
5 weeks ago

Border of London

"

"

Is this based upon the 18 year old report that:

"33 per cent of men born in 1953 had been convicted in England and Wales by 2006 of at least one standard list offence before the age of 53"

Or is there a wider and more recent analysis?

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

The last Ministry of Justice report was 2016.

Can't imagine it has got better, do you?

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 15/08/24 17:36:44]

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

"There is also another way of looking at this.

Do you really want to be sat in a bar in Spain with a known terrorist, bank robber, hoodlum, sex offender, murderer, child killer, rioter etc etc.

It's clear these days that you really don't know who you are talking to at any time, and that there once was a certain comfort in anonymity - but then who knew that we would hear every single day about child killers killing other children, 12 year old rioters setting fire to hotels intending to kill people and on it goes. Racist murderers. If EES or EITAS stops even one, it gets my vote and my 7euros to process it.

So to me, it is a BIG bonus."

To be fair most of the bank robbers are behind bars in the costa del sol. Thing is they own the bars

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

To be fair most of the bank robbers are behind bars in the costa del sol. Thing is they own the bars"

Where does it report that 'most' are behind bars? And that they 'own' the bars?

Or are you just being anecdotal?

By *hawn Scott OP   Man
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

To be fair most of the bank robbers are behind bars in the costa del sol. Thing is they own the bars

Where does it report that 'most' are behind bars? And that they 'own' the bars?

Or are you just being anecdotal? "

Its just a joke, long before the EU or or common market etc. A lot criminals fled the UK to the costa del sol. As legend has it!

By *atEvolutionCouple
5 weeks ago

Thought so.

By *atEvolutionCouple
4 weeks ago

UPDATE:

***** 31m ago 16:10

Britons travelling to Europe to be charged €7 visa-waiver charge from next year

UK citizens will need to pay a €7 visa-waiver charge to travel to Europe from next year after the EU revealed its timeline for the introduction of new entry requirements for some visitors.

The additional charge, which is similar to the US ESTA, is part of a series of new border checks and entry requirements the EU is bringing in.

They'll apply when entering the Schengen area, which includes 27 EU member states, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

The waiver will last for three years or until your passport expires.

Its official title is the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS), and its implementation will follow the introduction of the EU Entry/Exit System (EES).

The latter will require people to have their fingerprints registered and their pictures taken on arrival to airports.

Addressing the rollout, EU home affairs commissioner Ylva Johansson said the EES will enter into operations on ­10 November while the ETIAS will follow shortly after that in 2025 - likely May.****

From SkyNews.

By *oxychick35Couple
4 weeks ago

thornaby

"UPDATE:

***** 31m ago 16:10

Britons travelling to Europe to be charged €7 visa-waiver charge from next year

UK citizens will need to pay a €7 visa-waiver charge to travel to Europe from next year after the EU revealed its timeline for the introduction of new entry requirements for some visitors.

The additional charge, which is similar to the US ESTA, is part of a series of new border checks and entry requirements the EU is bringing in.

They'll apply when entering the Schengen area, which includes 27 EU member states, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

The waiver will last for three years or until your passport expires.

Its official title is the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS), and its implementation will follow the introduction of the EU Entry/Exit System (EES).

The latter will require people to have their fingerprints registered and their pictures taken on arrival to airports.

Addressing the rollout, EU home affairs commissioner Ylva Johansson said the EES will enter into operations on ­10 November while the ETIAS will follow shortly after that in 2025 - likely May.****

From SkyNews."

7euro well that’s the end of hills abroad then lol

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
4 weeks ago

Border of London

"7euro well that’s the end of hills abroad then lol "

€7 will cover you for three years (per passport)...

By *oxychick35Couple
4 weeks ago

thornaby

"7euro well that’s the end of hills abroad then lol

€7 will cover you for three years (per passport)..."

it’s not even the price of a pint in the airport

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Gilfach

But we were never in the Schengen Zone, so it would have applied to us whether or not Brexit happened.

Startlingly decent of the EU to only charge us €7. I'd have expected them to ask for much more.

Post new Message to Thread