Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Antifa out in force

Jump to newest

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2 OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Cumbria

last night, joining together to protect their friends, their neighbours, and their communities against the threat of the far right.

The true Britain was shown last night, the loving, tolerant, welcoming Britain. It warms my heart to see how thousands upon thousands rallied to show that the far right are not welcome.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

I thought antifa didn't exist and it was just an idea

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"I thought antifa didn't exist and it was just an idea"

Antifa is everyone who is against fascism.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Peaceful protest..

Funny enough the poster from near Brighton said the reds would be the ones who were planning to attend to counter the mob who would be the ones attacking the police..

The 'unwashed vermin' he claims..

Given there were about two thousand there it didn't quite match his claims..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Peaceful protest..

Funny enough the poster from near Brighton said the reds would be the ones who were planning to attend to counter the mob who would be the ones attacking the police..

Given there were about two thousand there it didn't quite match his claims.."

The 4 or 5 far right blokes who turned up looked slightly uncomfortable.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Peaceful protest..

The 4 or 5 far right blokes who turned up looked slightly uncomfortable."

They did yes, wonder if it'll be claimed they were 'kettled' from the ferocious blood thirsty reds..?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Peaceful protest..

Calling non-racists "unwashed vermin" just told us more about the person posting it.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"I thought antifa didn't exist and it was just an idea"

In Bristol the antifa was made up of pensioners, young people, some hippy types, local business owners, local residents, some students, artists, a good mix of normal people.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"Peaceful protest..

There’s more than one poster from Brighton but hopefully people know to whom you refer

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"I thought antifa didn't exist and it was just an idea

In Bristol the antifa was made up of pensioners, young people, some hippy types, local business owners, local residents, some students, artists, a good mix of normal people."

That’s the antifa I know and love.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

In Bristol the antifa was made up of pensioners, young people, some hippy types, local business owners, local residents, some students, artists, a good mix of normal people."

Don’t forget (my favourites) Nans Against Nazis

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

We also had Pensioners for Peace

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
6 weeks ago

NW London

It was very reassuring to see so many coming together last night to protect their communities.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

“About 6,000 riot-trained officers were drafted in to tackle the expected rallies and an estimated 30 counter-protests after immigration law firms and refugee centres were listed as potential targets in a far-right chat group on the encrypted messaging app Telegram.

But instead, thousands of counter-protesters took to the streets of Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, Brighton and London to protect their communities.

At 7pm in Liverpool, hundreds of people formed a human shield outside a targeted church that hosts an immigration advice centre while women held banners saying: “Nans against Nazis”.

Similar scenes were witnessed in Hackney and Walthamstow, both in east London, and Finchley in the north of the capital, as thousands of local people and anti-fascist activists came together and held placards saying “we are one human race” and “unite against hate”.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"We also had Pensioners for Peace"

But I do love a clever acronym NAN

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

Wonder if Andrew Tate was helping encourage and raise awareness of these counter-protests? Because Farage needs his news source to ensure balance in enacting his civil duties as an MP

Reply privately

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

Think the quick sentences has helped deter them

A local here got three years for holding a brick (not throwing it)

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"It was very reassuring to see so many coming together last night to protect their communities. "

It has been. Especially after all the hate that was on display at the weekend with the racist riots, and all the apologists on here.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Peaceful protest..

Calling non-racists "unwashed vermin" just told us more about the person posting it."

It's telling..

Along with the conspiracies that are frankly la la land..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Peaceful protest..

There’s more than one poster from Brighton but hopefully people know to whom you refer "

Absolutely

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

"It was very reassuring to see so many coming together last night to protect their communities.

It has been. Especially after all the hate that was on display at the weekend with the racist riots, and all the apologists on here."

the hate from both sides you mean

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"It was very reassuring to see so many coming together last night to protect their communities.

It has been. Especially after all the hate that was on display at the weekend with the racist riots, and all the apologists on here. the hate from both sides you mean "

I guess we can consider you not antifa then?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Have to say I am really proud of the turnout in Walthamstow last night.. that was the one place on the list I feared it would kick off, but that community is hard as nails when it wants to be !

Also… less publicised… 5000 were out in Newcastle last night peacefully protecting at one of the list…

Shows how different Newcastle is to Sunderland and Middlesbrough

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

It has been. Especially after all the hate that was on display at the weekend with the racist riots, and all the apologists on here. the hate from both sides you mean "

There's a side of race hate enthusiasts, and a side of ordinary people.

Reply privately

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 weeks ago

Saltdean

It was peaceful enough in Brighton, can’t deny it. But there was only about six Enough is Enough protesters. I knew it would be that way, who would want to be arrested and charged as a terrorist? Add to that the risk of being horribly outnumbered! I heard there was about three to four thousand antis.

I worked till 11pm, and spoke to many people. They were talking about what they were going to do to any ‘racists’ who dared to show up, and their intentions were far from friendly. Eventually they had a brass band, so I heard, celebrating some kind of victory.

Cest la vie - For now.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
6 weeks ago

North Bucks

Not a bad turnout for a hoax given the amount of shops boarded up along the Welly Road in Northampton I have my suspicions among the carpenters guild.

Hopefully tensions will dissipate with the real test will be at the weekend. Praying no other incident will spark scenes like this again.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"It was peaceful enough in Brighton, can’t deny it. But there was only about six Enough is Enough protesters. I knew it would be that way, who would want to be arrested and charged as a terrorist? Add to that the risk of being horribly outnumbered! I heard there was about three to four thousand antis.

I worked till 11pm, and spoke to many people. They were talking about what they were going to do to any ‘racists’ who dared to show up, and their intentions were far from friendly. Eventually they had a brass band, so I heard, celebrating some kind of victory.

Cest la vie - For now."

Love triumphs over hate.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Not a bad turnout for a hoax given the amount of shops boarded up along the Welly Road in Northampton I have my suspicions among the carpenters guild.

Hopefully tensions will dissipate with the real test will be at the weekend. Praying no other incident will spark scenes like this again. "

An incident like the false information about the status of a murderer spread by the likes of Farage and other right wing agitators?

Let's hope they stick to facts going forward.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

In Bristol the antifa was made up of pensioners, young people, some hippy types, local business owners, local residents, some students, artists, a good mix of normal people.

That’s the antifa I know and love."

I know about the ones who dress in black, wear masks and are very aggressive, is there a sliding scale in Antifa, because they do remind me very much of the rioters we saw over the last few days just under a different banner. Reassuring to see equal opportunities on both sides of the centre line.

It’s a little like mirror mirror on the wall, who is the…

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"An incident like the false information about the status of a murderer spread by the likes of Farage and other right wing agitators?

Let's hope they stick to facts going forward. "

I'd like to know wether he is witholding the truth from us about how much direct contact he is in with the likes of tate, yaxley-lennon and all known or unknown far right violence aggitators on social media. I don't know wether he is or he isn't. i'm only asking a legitimate question.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"An incident like the false information about the status of a murderer spread by the likes of Farage and other right wing agitators?

I'd like to know wether he is witholding the truth from us about how much direct contact he is in with the likes of tate, yaxley-lennon and all known or unknown far right violence aggitators on social media. I don't know wether he is or he isn't. i'm only asking a legitimate question."

Hmmm let’s see…

Farage = self-serving, divisive, wanker

TR/SYL = self-serving, divisive, wanker

Tate = self-serving, divisive, wanker (and woman abusing/exploiting)

Birds of a feather and all that!

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

I know about the ones who dress in black, wear masks and are very aggressive, is there a sliding scale in Antifa, because they do remind me very much of the rioters we saw over the last few days just under a different banner. Reassuring to see equal opportunities on both sides of the centre line.

"

Antifa is anyone who is against fascism, last night was a beautiful cross section of the love and hope that antifa represents ❤️

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"It was peaceful enough in Brighton, can’t deny it. But there was only about six Enough is Enough protesters. I knew it would be that way, who would want to be arrested and charged as a terrorist? Add to that the risk of being horribly outnumbered! I heard there was about three to four thousand antis.

Cest la vie - For now."

I guess all those passionate anti-immigrant right wingers lacked the strength of their convictions (or saw the lad with his Mum in the dock crying and thought…my mum’ll kill me)

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

Antifa is anyone who is against fascism, last night was a beautiful cross section of the love and hope that antifa represents ❤️"

Let’s be honest…there absolutely IS a militant/more extreme element of antifa, as there often is in many movements. But I’d say the sheer number of ordinary folks coming out to stand with their community to try and stop this mindless thuggery was fabulous. I bet those big brave EDL chaps cacked their pants when they saw the Nans Against Nazis - never mess with an angry Nan!

Reply privately

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 weeks ago

Saltdean

I don’t think this is over, not by a long way. There will probably be a national rally by EiE, (hopefully nowhere near Brighton). I hope I’m wrong, because there will be carnage, and whether you believe me or not, I don’t want to see anyone get badly hurt.

The future need’s sorting, and soon. The angst is real between right and left. That is genuine hatred, there has been no triumph of love. Three little girls were murdered, for gods sake! That is what started all this, and that sort of thing has got to stop. Surely both sides should at least agree on that.

The news was all about misogyny last week, and I fear for my daughter, and granddaughter. Especially when anybody could just randomly attack you for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sorry and all that, but enough is most certainly enough.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"I don’t think this is over, not by a long way. There will probably be a national rally by EiE, (hopefully nowhere near Brighton). I hope I’m wrong, because there will be carnage, and whether you believe me or not, I don’t want to see anyone get badly hurt.

The future need’s sorting, and soon. The angst is real between right and left. That is genuine hatred, there has been no triumph of love. Three little girls were murdered, for gods sake! That is what started all this, and that sort of thing has got to stop. Surely both sides should at least agree on that.

The news was all about misogyny last week, and I fear for my daughter, and granddaughter. Especially when anybody could just randomly attack you for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sorry and all that, but enough is most certainly enough."

What is happening has nothing to do with three little girls being murdered. That tragedy was merely the excuse the racists had been looking for.

This is not about left against right, as much as you want it to be, this is about the silent majority against the far right, racist thugs who have been rioting and spreading hate.

Reply privately

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 weeks ago

Saltdean

"I don’t think this is over, not by a long way. There will probably be a national rally by EiE, (hopefully nowhere near Brighton). I hope I’m wrong, because there will be carnage, and whether you believe me or not, I don’t want to see anyone get badly hurt.

What is happening has nothing to do with three little girls being murdered. That tragedy was merely the excuse the racists had been looking for.

This is not about left against right, as much as you want it to be, this is about the silent majority against the far right, racist thugs who have been rioting and spreading hate."

If they were indeed ‘racist thugs,’ they would not need an excuse. To say that ordinary centre right people were just racists waiting for something like that to happen is insulting, and another reason why outwardly reasonable people will never really get along. We are divided, and mostly because of politics. Not race, not religion, politics..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

This is not about left against right, as much as you want it to be, this is about the silent majority against the far right, racist thugs who have been rioting and spreading hate.

If they were indeed ‘racist thugs,’ they would not need an excuse. To say that ordinary centre right people were just racists waiting for something like that to happen is insulting, and another reason why outwardly reasonable people will never really get along. We are divided, and mostly because of politics. Not race, not religion, politics.."

Ordinary ‘centre right’ people don’t go out and loot shops, try to burn down hotels with people in them, and attack places of worship, and the police.

I think in this country we have become afraid to call racists what they are. Hopefully having a prime minister who isn’t terrified to upset far right elements of his party will mean we can start calling these people out for what they are.

Centre right people were some of the many thousands who were out last night protecting their friends and neighbours, they weren’t out at the weekend rioting and throwing up Nazi salutes.

It’s time we realised the far right will never be appeased, it’s time to listen to the majority who don’t go out attacking refugees, not be cowed by violence.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
6 weeks ago

Antifa is everyone who is against fascism."

Yes because good upstanding people dress all in black and hide their faces in public. Keep guzzleing that propaganda.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

People wear masks for many reasons - not all of those reasons are because they are going to be violent.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Antifa is everyone who is against fascism.

Yes because good upstanding people dress all in black and hide their faces in public. Keep guzzleing that propaganda."

Being against fascism isn’t always peaceful and non violent, look at the battle of Cable Street.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Hell, look at WWII.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The three girls you mentioned who were murdered was committed by a 17 year old Christian kid born in Wales

So once you admit that….. then the premise for you going out and committing violence actions of racial hatred in the name of those kids becomes mute….

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
6 weeks ago

Peterborough

I'd like to know wether he is witholding the truth from us about how much direct contact he is in with the likes of tate, yaxley-lennon and all known or unknown far right violence aggitators on social media. I don't know wether he is or he isn't. i'm only asking a legitimate question.

Hmmm let’s see…

Farage = self-serving, divisive, wanker

TR/SYL = self-serving, divisive, wanker

Tate = self-serving, divisive, wanker (and woman abusing/exploiting)

Trump = self-serving, divisive, wanker (and woman abusing)

Birds of a feather and all that!"

Added another

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
6 weeks ago

Peterborough

Antifa is anyone who is against fascism, last night was a beautiful cross section of the love and hope that antifa represents ❤️

Let’s be honest…there absolutely IS a militant/more extreme element of antifa, as there often is in many movements. But I’d say the sheer number of ordinary folks coming out to stand with their community to try and stop this mindless thuggery was fabulous. I bet those big brave EDL chaps cacked their pants when they saw the Nans Against Nazis - never mess with an angry Nan!"

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Let’s be honest…there absolutely IS a militant/more extreme element of antifa, as there often is in many movements. But I’d say the sheer number of ordinary folks coming out to stand with their community to try and stop this mindless thuggery was fabulous. I bet those big brave EDL chaps cacked their pants when they saw the Nans Against Nazis - never mess with an angry Nan!"

‘People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.’ - George Orwell

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
6 weeks ago

Peterborough

The looters probably have friends of different colours. They are opportunists as chaos ensues. No less arseholes though.

Thugs against the police/authority probably have... (repeat of above paragraph).

Reply privately

By *hawn ScottMan
6 weeks ago

london Brixton

Cest la vie - For now."

"Many people" can you be a bit more specific? Location and who they claimed to represent. If you left work at 11pm are you saying to didn't go straight home? Did you pass them on your way or go looking for them

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Cest la vie - For now."

Given you described anyone who was going to attend as part of the counter protest as 'unwashed vermin' I shall take with a large pinch of salt your latter claims..

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Think the quick sentences has helped deter them

A local here got three years for holding a brick (not throwing it) "

Good.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

It has been. Especially after all the hate that was on display at the weekend with the racist riots, and all the apologists on here."

Yes the apologists have become quieter today.

Along with those who were confidently predicting (/ hoping?) that things would get a lot worse.

Elon musk can shove his civil war up his arse too, seen off by a few grannies

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

The murder of the three innocent children has got nothing to do with the racist thugs who attacked police, set fires etc in Southport..

Simply stop trying to associate it with any side..

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Yes, I hate racists

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Cest la vie - For now."

What do you mean “for now”?

I’m hoping this is the end of the far right riots. Are you hoping for a different outcome?

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

What on earth makes you suggest that not everyone might agree that the murders of the 3 kids were unacceptable?

Can you find a single post, or article, or comment from anyone that suggests otherwise?

Please keep it respectful. You do yourself no favours with such comments

Reply privately

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 weeks ago

Saltdean

The three girls you mentioned who were murdered was committed by a 17 year old Christian kid born in Wales

So once you admit that….. then the premise for you going out and committing violence actions of racial hatred in the name of those kids becomes mute….

"

Just a minute. Who said that I went out and did anything? I hear things because I work late at night and have customers from all walks of life. A lot say the kind of things many on here say, others say that, much like football hooliganism, the violence is committed by a loud minority. That most of the protesters were doing just that, protesting. Nobody turned up last night, because there is a threat that they might be arrested and treated like terrorists. There are always rights and wrongs, but only the criminal elements should be arrested. Nobody should ever be told that they cannot protest or demonstrate. Labour are going to take us back to the days of no platform politics. It didn’t work then, and it won’t work now. Making it illegal to hold whatever views they don’t like? That could lead to much more hatred than it ever will love.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

“Enough is enough” … is that the new slogan?

You seem intent on stoking the flames, seeming to relish the idea that things might get worse.

I am hoping that last night was a real stepping stone, ordinary people recalling the narrative, refusing to me misrepresented by extremists

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Just a minute. Who said that I went out and did anything? I hear things because I work late at night and have customers from all walks of life. A lot say the kind of things many on here say, others say that, much like football hooliganism, the violence is committed by a loud minority. That most of the protesters were doing just that, protesting. Nobody turned up last night, because there is a threat that they might be arrested and treated like terrorists. There are always rights and wrongs, but only the criminal elements should be arrested. Nobody should ever be told that they cannot protest or demonstrate. Labour are going to take us back to the days of no platform politics. It didn’t work then, and it won’t work now. Making it illegal to hold whatever views they don’t like? That could lead to much more hatred than it ever will love."

So far it is only those who have committed criminal acts that have been arrested, you have seen that yes?

As for being treated like terrorists for anyone attending a peaceful protest that's complete twaddle..

And nobody has been told they can't protest so what are you talking about?

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Just a minute. Who said that I went out and did anything? I hear things because I work late at night and have customers from all walks of life. A lot say the kind of things many on here say, others say that, much like football hooliganism, the violence is committed by a loud minority. That most of the protesters were doing just that, protesting. Nobody turned up last night, because there is a threat that they might be arrested and treated like terrorists. There are always rights and wrongs, but only the criminal elements should be arrested. Nobody should ever be told that they cannot protest or demonstrate. Labour are going to take us back to the days of no platform politics. It didn’t work then, and it won’t work now. Making it illegal to hold whatever views they don’t like? That could lead to much more hatred than it ever will love."

Who said people can’t protest? I have been on several protests, some huge, all peaceful.

What happened over the course of the last week was NOT protest. Please stop pretending otherwise. It was planned rioting

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Just a minute. Who said that I went out and did anything? I hear things because I work late at night and have customers from all walks of life. A lot say the kind of things many on here say, others say that, much like football hooliganism, the violence is committed by a loud minority. That most of the protesters were doing just that, protesting. Nobody turned up last night, because there is a threat that they might be arrested and treated like terrorists. There are always rights and wrongs, but only the criminal elements should be arrested. Nobody should ever be told that they cannot protest or demonstrate. Labour are going to take us back to the days of no platform politics. It didn’t work then, and it won’t work now. Making it illegal to hold whatever views they don’t like? That could lead to much more hatred than it ever will love.

So far it is only those who have committed criminal acts that have been arrested, you have seen that yes?

As for being treated like terrorists for anyone attending a peaceful protest that's complete twaddle..

And nobody has been told they can't protest so what are you talking about?"

The problem here is anyone pretending that the riots over the past week were “protests”.

Anyone hiding behind that lie immediately loses ahi credibility

Reply privately

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 weeks ago

Saltdean

Cest la vie - For now.

I’m hoping this is the end of the far right riots. Are you hoping for a different outcome? "

No I am not!

But I am hoping that peaceful demos can be held without so many threats being made. If the ‘far right’ are involved it is because they saw an opportunity. Fight violent threats with violence, they got an in. Then everyone gets tarred with the same brush. People getting arrested just for being there solves nothing. Politicians making threats then sending the police is nonsensical.

I honestly hope that last night was the end, I don’t want minority groups to feel threatened. Even as a pagan, I don’t want to see places of worship disrespected in any way. I want criminals of all kinds to be arrested and prosecuted. But I still want anyone and everyone to have the right to protest and demonstrate.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Cest la vie - For now.

I’m hoping this is the end of the far right riots. Are you hoping for a different outcome?

No I am not!

But I am hoping that peaceful demos can be held without so many threats being made. If the ‘far right’ are involved it is because they saw an opportunity. Fight violent threats with violence, they got an in. Then everyone gets tarred with the same brush. People getting arrested just for being there solves nothing. Politicians making threats then sending the police is nonsensical.

I honestly hope that last night was the end, I don’t want minority groups to feel threatened. Even as a pagan, I don’t want to see places of worship disrespected in any way. I want criminals of all kinds to be arrested and prosecuted. But I still want anyone and everyone to have the right to protest and demonstrate.

"

Agree on the latter part but if your seriously saying that 'if the far right are involved' just what type of person do you think make a nazi salute and they weren't fighting because they were threatened pretty much everywhere they have been the ones threatening Muslims and attacking the police..

Your trying to rewrite what everyone has seen it your not very good at it..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"Being against fascism isn’t always peaceful and non violent, look at the battle of Cable Street."

Using violence against a political opponent tends to just galvanise them and make more political opponents. See the whole Israel and Gaza issue right now. You call them racists but wed view them as misguided and pissed off people letting anger out at the wrong people.

WW2 was more caused by economic issues after the great depression, and old grievances left unresolved after WW1. To say it was against fascists is just parroting without thinking of the reasons for conflict at the outset of the war.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

I remember on here a cpl of years ago plenty of people saying antifa didn't exist its just an idea yet the op of this thread said antifa were out last nite,how could they be out on the streets if its just an idea?

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

What was the outcome of the battle of cable street as well? Oh yes, that's right. No political uniforms allowed and clamping down on freedoms.

When people are too stupid or pissed off to sit down and talk their differences through you end up with the situation we have these days.

Reply privately

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 weeks ago

Saltdean

Threats were made, even the prime minister was on morning tv making threats. I haven’t seen any footage of people making Nazi salutes, perhaps those bits were not shown while I was watching. Either they censored those bits, or I just missed them. I do not condone that kind of behaviour. At all!

All I have been trying to do here is present the fact that there are at least two sides to everything. Perhaps I'm trying too hard to see another side. Maybe I like being the bogeyman on here too much? Had enough now, just want all the violence to stop.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"What was the outcome of the battle of cable street as well? Oh yes, that's right. No political uniforms allowed and clamping down on freedoms.

When people are too stupid or pissed off to sit down and talk their differences through you end up with the situation we have these days."

I understand the logic. But at what people are people beyond reasoning with?

By the time they're committing race hate crime, attacking non-white people and setting fire to hotels with kids in them. For me, they aren't going to have anything constructive worth listening to.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

There's definately been some wannabe Nazis making salutes. Plus trying to set fire to hotels is a bit much. Younger folk went looting aswell. Never knew there was such demand for crock shoes, awful bloody things.

Reply privately

By *ill69888Couple
6 weeks ago

cheltenham

Ah yes, the ever so peaceful and tolerant were out in force. Many of them cheering on Ricky Jones…. Look him up and the video of what he said. What a lovely, friendly Labour Councillor he is….🙄

Quite a few chanting about ‘the river and the sea’ too. Oh yes, lovely and tolerant people…

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"What was the outcome of the battle of cable street as well? Oh yes, that's right. No political uniforms allowed and clamping down on freedoms.

When people are too stupid or pissed off to sit down and talk their differences through you end up with the situation we have these days."

I’m not sure if you recall what happened when people sat down and talked with the Nazis in the late 1930s? I mean yes we got a nice piece of paper that the PM showed off on his return but then they went and invaded Poland anyway.

You can say that WWII was caused by economic hardship and I’m sure the Nazis would say they had ‘legitimate concerns’ about the number of Jews in Germany but that’s not really much comfort to the 6 million who were exterminated in concentration camps.

There were people rioting who had swastika tattoos, and others who were doing Nazi salutes. These are not people whose ‘legitimate concerns’ should be listened to. And anyone who shares the same ‘legitimate concerns’ could do with taking a long hard look at themselves.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

When people are too stupid or pissed off to sit down and talk their differences through you end up with the situation we have these days.

I’m not sure if you recall what happened when people sat down and talked with the Nazis in the late 1930s? I mean yes we got a nice piece of paper that the PM showed off on his return but then they went and invaded Poland anyway.

You can say that WWII was caused by economic hardship and I’m sure the Nazis would say they had ‘legitimate concerns’ about the number of Jews in Germany but that’s not really much comfort to the 6 million who were exterminated in concentration camps.

There were people rioting who had swastika tattoos, and others who were doing Nazi salutes. These are not people whose ‘legitimate concerns’ should be listened to. And anyone who shares the same ‘legitimate concerns’ could do with taking a long hard look at themselves."

ya want take a long hard look at ya self sometimes,someone doesn't share my views there a nazi reeeeeee

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

There were people rioting who had swastika tattoos, and others who were doing Nazi salutes. These are not people whose ‘legitimate concerns’ should be listened to. And anyone who shares the same ‘legitimate concerns’ could do with taking a long hard look at themselves. ya want take a long hard look at ya self sometimes,someone doesn't share my views there a nazi reeeeeee"

No, but it's not a stretch to call those with swastika tattoos, giving Hitler salutes, who are participating in race hate riots that.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

"

All good there, mate. And of course people still have the right to protest and demonstrate. You know that.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

Agree on the latter part but if your seriously saying that 'if the far right are involved' just what type of person do you think make a nazi salute and they weren't fighting because they were threatened pretty much everywhere they have been the ones threatening Muslims and attacking the police..

Your trying to rewrite what everyone has seen it your not very good at it.."

He seems to think that violence, nazi salutes etc only came from a handful of troublemakers, and he has repeatedly suggested that these people were infiltrators

He seems wedded to the view that the majority of those involved were peaceful centre-right citizens, exercising a peaceful protest.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

He seems to think that violence, nazi salutes etc only came from a handful of troublemakers, and he has repeatedly suggested that these people were infiltrators

He seems wedded to the view that the majority of those involved were peaceful centre-right citizens, exercising a peaceful protest.

"

I've no doubt there were many at the protests who aren't intent on violence but to try and say the majority were peaceful and it was only because the left hand infiltrated them and attacked police etc simultaneously across the country to discredit is complete la la land..

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Threats were made, even the prime minister was on morning tv making threats. I haven’t seen any footage of people making Nazi salutes, perhaps those bits were not shown while I was watching. Either they censored those bits, or I just missed them. I do not condone that kind of behaviour. At all!

All I have been trying to do here is present the fact that there are at least two sides to everything. Perhaps I'm trying too hard to see another side. Maybe I like being the bogeyman on here too much? Had enough now, just want all the violence to stop."

There aren’t two sides to everything though.

There is no “other side of the story” to people trying to attack asylum seekers, assaulting the police, looting, destroying property. There just isn’t. That shit needs to stop.

I’m glad to see you say that you want to see an end to all violence. When you previously repeatedly posted about “consequences” and saying that things would get a lot worse, it was hard not to form the impression that you wanted to see things escalate. I’m glad you have cleared that up.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Threats were made, even the prime minister was on morning tv making threats. I haven’t seen any footage of people making Nazi salutes, perhaps those bits were not shown while I was watching. Either they censored those bits, or I just missed them. I do not condone that kind of behaviour. At all!

All I have been trying to do here is present the fact that there are at least two sides to everything. Perhaps I'm trying too hard to see another side. Maybe I like being the bogeyman on here too much? Had enough now, just want all the violence to stop."

Like shock horror, PM tells rioting thugs we will use the full force of the law upon you..

That sort of threat?

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

There were people rioting who had swastika tattoos, and others who were doing Nazi salutes. These are not people whose ‘legitimate concerns’ should be listened to. And anyone who shares the same ‘legitimate concerns’ could do with taking a long hard look at themselves. ya want take a long hard look at ya self sometimes,someone doesn't share my views there a nazi reeeeeee"

I’ll be honest, it was more the Hitler salutes, swastika tattoos, attacking places of worship, burning down libraries, and trying to burn down hotels full of refugees that led me to the Nazi conclusion. Rather than not sharing my views; although my views on all of those things I mentioned differ to the people doing them, admittedly.

Reply privately

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
6 weeks ago

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 08/08/24 16:08:18]

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Border of London

"

There aren’t two sides to everything though.

"

There are usually at least two sides to most things.

And it's okay to call one of those sides out as mistaken, wrong or evil.

Reply privately

By *ill69888Couple
6 weeks ago

cheltenham

Have a look at the latest videos in Sheffield….. hundreds of people running around with large knives and other weapons. Are those the Antifascists you are on about?..

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

Let’s be honest…there absolutely IS a militant/more extreme element of antifa, as there often is in many movements. But I’d say the sheer number of ordinary folks coming out to stand with their community to try and stop this mindless thuggery was fabulous. I bet those big brave EDL chaps cacked their pants when they saw the Nans Against Nazis - never mess with an angry Nan!

‘People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.’ - George Orwell"

That isn’t the full quote. It ends like this:

‘People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf and NANs.’ - George Orwell

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

"Have to say I am really proud of the turnout in Walthamstow last night.. that was the one place on the list I feared it would kick off, but that community is hard as nails when it wants to be !

Also… less publicised… 5000 were out in Newcastle last night peacefully protecting at one of the list…

Shows how different Newcastle is to Sunderland and Middlesbrough "

realy is it that diffrent why do they need to protect anything then lol

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

Your trying to rewrite what everyone has seen it your not very good at it.."

I know what types of people make nazi salutes, it won't be the same type you know

Reply privately

By *abioMan
6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Have to say I am really proud of the turnout in Walthamstow last night.. that was the one place on the list I feared it would kick off, but that community is hard as nails when it wants to be !

Shows how different Newcastle is to Sunderland and Middlesbrough realy is it that diffrent why do they need to protect anything then lol"

Well “the beacon” immigration centre was one of those places on the now infamous “right wing” protest list from last night

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

I know what types of people make nazi salutes, it won't be the same type you know "

Well according to matey it'll probably be a plant..

But more likely to be an antisemitic dog whistle..

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

I know what types of people make nazi salutes, it won't be the same type you know

But more likely to be an antisemitic dog whistle.."

Defintely the anti Jewish lot (I chose Jewish because that's what it is).

BTW, just a point of note, you've called out 'if the far right are involved'. Didn't you say on another thread 'if he has committed an offence', that's the same thing.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Cest la vie - For now.

No I am not!

But more likely to be an antisemitic dog whistle..

Defintely the anti Jewish lot (I chose Jewish because that's what it is).

BTW, just a point of note, you've called out 'if the far right are involved'. Didn't you say on another thread 'if he has committed an offence', that's the same thing. "

Cheers, glad your keeping busy..

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

There were people rioting who had swastika tattoos, and others who were doing Nazi salutes. These are not people whose ‘legitimate concerns’ should be listened to. And anyone who shares the same ‘legitimate concerns’ could do with taking a long hard look at themselves. ya want take a long hard look at ya self sometimes,someone doesn't share my views there a nazi reeeeeee

I’ll be honest, it was more the Hitler salutes, swastika tattoos, attacking places of worship, burning down libraries, and trying to burn down hotels full of refugees that led me to the Nazi conclusion. Rather than not sharing my views; although my views on all of those things I mentioned differ to the people doing them, admittedly."

When was the last time you saw with your own eyes a person with swastika tattoos, doing hitler salutes burn anything down?

I haven't seen a single person look like that outside of a movie, I'm not saying they don't exist somewhere but are you sure you saw them?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

[Removed by poster at 08/08/24 19:59:50]

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

"

I’ll be honest, it was more the Hitler salutes, swastika tattoos, attacking places of worship, burning down libraries, and trying to burn down hotels full of refugees that led me to the Nazi conclusion. Rather than not sharing my views; although my views on all of those things I mentioned differ to the people doing them, admittedly."

"

Do you know which group has been attacking places of worship(synagogues) and drawing pro-Nazi symbols recently in the UK and all over Europe recently? It's not the people you think.

Btw there was a group that using loudspeakers shouting "Fuck the jews. Fuck their mothers. R*pe their daughters" and the charges against them were dropped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11444671/Fury-prosecutors-DROP-charges-convoy-screaming-F-Jews.html

I wonder what the "anti-racists" and "anti-fascists" were doing when the literal Nazis are doing these things i the country.

Reply privately

By *alcon77Man
6 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

There were people rioting who had swastika tattoos, and others who were doing Nazi salutes. These are not people whose ‘legitimate concerns’ should be listened to. And anyone who shares the same ‘legitimate concerns’ could do with taking a long hard look at themselves. ya want take a long hard look at ya self sometimes,someone doesn't share my views there a nazi reeeeeee

I’ll be honest, it was more the Hitler salutes, swastika tattoos, attacking places of worship, burning down libraries, and trying to burn down hotels full of refugees that led me to the Nazi conclusion. Rather than not sharing my views; although my views on all of those things I mentioned differ to the people doing them, admittedly.

When was the last time you saw with your own eyes a person with swastika tattoos, doing hitler salutes burn anything down?

I haven't seen a single person look like that outside of a movie, I'm not saying they don't exist somewhere but are you sure you saw them? "

Have a look at some of the articles and photos from the the riots that occurred at Sunderland the other day.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I haven't seen a single person look like that outside of a movie, I'm not saying they don't exist somewhere but are you sure you saw them?

Have a look at some of the articles and photos from the the riots that occurred at Sunderland the other day."

That’s 10 minutes of my life I won’t get back!

Googled Sunderland riot images and have scrolled through over a hundred images of rioting thugs, no swastika tattoos or hitler salutes, some burning, some questionable fashion sense, as well as hair cuts and gaps where teeth should be, but not 1 of what I was looking for.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

Have a look at some of the articles and photos from the the riots that occurred at Sunderland the other day.

Googled Sunderland riot images and have scrolled through over a hundred images of rioting thugs, no swastika tattoos or hitler salutes, some burning, some questionable fashion sense, as well as hair cuts and gaps where teeth should be, but not 1 of what I was looking for.

"

"Sunderland riots swastika tattoo" image search. Will get you there.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

The desperate attempts to defend racists by folk on here is very telling.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

The Jewish chronicle has a pair of morons in Leicester in an article doing the 'salute'

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"The desperate attempts to defend racists by folk on here is very telling."

Three phrases come to mind…

The art of being wise is knowing what to ignore

Some bring happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.

God, grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

I haven't seen a single person look like that outside of a movie, I'm not saying they don't exist somewhere but are you sure you saw them? "

‘But did the people trying to burn down the hotel full of refugees actually have swastika tattoos?’ Really isn’t the gotcha you seem to think it is.

Reply privately

By *alcon77Man
6 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

"Sunderland riots swastika tattoo" image search. Will get you there."

About 11 hits in fact, on the 1st page.

- Depending on which browser you're using.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Thanks Johnny.

Got one blurry image of a heavily tattooed man with a swastika tattoo on his back that is sharper than the rest of the image, is that what we are talking about?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 08/08/24 21:23:32]

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

About 11 hits in fact, on the 1st page.

- Depending on which browser you're using.

"

Are they all different people?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

‘But did the people trying to burn down the hotel full of refugees actually have swastika tattoos?’ Really isn’t the gotcha you seem to think it is."

You are looking for a gotcha, if you wasn’t maybe we could advance the conversation?

Reply privately

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Glasgow

We can't see, what we don't want to see.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"

Do you know which group has been attacking places of worship(synagogues) and drawing pro-Nazi symbols recently in the UK and all over Europe recently? It's not the people you think.

Btw there was a group that using loudspeakers shouting "Fuck the jews. Fuck their mothers. R*pe their daughters" and the charges against them were dropped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11444671/Fury-prosecutors-DROP-charges-convoy-screaming-F-Jews.html

I wonder what the "anti-racists" and "anti-fascists" were doing when the literal Nazis are doing these things i the country."

2021/22 ffs

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

‘But did the people trying to burn down the hotel full of refugees actually have swastika tattoos?’ Really isn’t the gotcha you seem to think it is.

You are looking for a gotcha, if you wasn’t maybe we could advance the conversation? "

There’s no conversation to have while you are defending far right extremism.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

Thanks Johnny.

Got one blurry image of a heavily tattooed man with a swastika tattoo on his back that is sharper than the rest of the image, is that what we are talking about? "

That sounds like one of them. I didn't spend much time on it.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

You are looking for a gotcha, if you wasn’t maybe we could advance the conversation?

There’s no conversation to have while you are defending far right extremism."

Absolutely crazy response, show me where I’m defending far right extremism.

If you can’t I want an apology, if I have I will apologise

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

"

I wonder what the "anti-racists" and "anti-fascists" were doing when the literal Nazis are doing these things i the country.

2021/22 ffs"

Yes, and? Lots of pro-palestine demonstrations have been know to have Nazis like them. And the attacks on synagogues, drawing pro-Nazi pictures all happened recently after the October 7 attacks.

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

"

If you can’t I want an apology, if I have I will apologise "

Nah they won't. They get joy in their lives by calling random people names and telling themselves how they are morally superior to the rest of the people. They won't let rationality come in the way of it.

Reply privately

By *r Secret FriendMan
6 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

Smash the fash.

Never again.

#antifa

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

If you can’t I want an apology, if I have I will apologise "

Well you won’t be getting one. I’m afraid I’ve grown tired of people ’just asking questions,’ obfuscating and both siding things like this. If you aren’t against violent racists trying to burn down hotels full of refugees then you are part of the problem, and no amount of hiding behind semantics will change that.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

There’s no conversation to have while you are defending far right extremism."

he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at "

If you ask 4 or 5 questions, your intentions may be genuine, if you ask questions repeatedly, and your prior questions have been answered, and then turn around and say two sides to everything, then someone is going to ask, are you genuinely curious, or are you doing what Farage and Trump do, by raising your point of pointing out the faults in your opposition, but masking it as a question to hide your true intentions

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at

If you ask 4 or 5 questions, your intentions may be genuine, if you ask questions repeatedly, and your prior questions have been answered, and then turn around and say two sides to everything, then someone is going to ask, are you genuinely curious, or are you doing what Farage and Trump do, by raising your point of pointing out the faults in your opposition, but masking it as a question to hide your true intentions"

This guy knows his onions.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"

There’s no conversation to have while you are defending far right extremism.he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at "

Also just as a show into some peoples psyche… how do you see a pro-palestinian flag? You can surely only see the flag of Palestine.

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

Boy the witch hunt is real

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

"

There’s no conversation to have while you are defending far right extremism.he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at

Also just as a show into some peoples psyche… how do you see a pro-palestinian flag? You can surely only see the flag of Palestine."

if there protesting against the rioters why a palistine flag why not an English flag or is that a far right flag now how come the left never wave that flag arnt they round to be English ?

Reply privately

By *ikeSM23Man
6 weeks ago

Manchester

Surely the truly unpalatable element of this thread and those with similar themes is the trigger for the riots in the first place has been completely overlooked and almost completely forgotten about.

Further the perpetrator of that devastatingly awful crime had not come into this country recently, illegally or on a boat.

Whether at a later date the investigation identifies the culprit as someone with extremist views and influences that will have to be revealed, but as it stands today nobody knows. All this suspicion, division and careless opinion tennis is doing little for a so called developed and sustainable society.

Frankly, regardless of right or left leaning, there should be an extension to the law which prosecutes those seeking to capitalise on others suffering for personal gain and political advantage.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

If you can’t I want an apology, if I have I will apologise

Well you won’t be getting one. I’m afraid I’ve grown tired of people ’just asking questions,’ obfuscating and both siding things like this. If you aren’t against violent racists trying to burn down hotels full of refugees then you are part of the problem, and no amount of hiding behind semantics will change that."

What nonsense

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at

If you ask 4 or 5 questions, your intentions may be genuine, if you ask questions repeatedly, and your prior questions have been answered, and then turn around and say two sides to everything, then someone is going to ask, are you genuinely curious, or are you doing what Farage and Trump do, by raising your point of pointing out the faults in your opposition, but masking it as a question to hide your true intentions"

Did the answer the question, I can answer that for you… no they didn’t, in fact they ducked it.

Simple question too, was there people there with swastika tattoos, there was 1 that I can see with it on their back, was there more individuals? I have watched videos as pointed out and I saw no hitler salutes.

So someone is either exaggerating for the effect or I’m not looking in the right place.

Either way I have the right to ask questions when people put stuff up in here, that does not make me a supporter of right wing thugs.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

There’s no conversation to have while you are defending far right extremism.he’s not defending it he’s asking questions wtf is wrong with that I never seen any either am i far right I did see pro palistine flags the other day which as nothing to do with the protests either always two sides too look at

Also just as a show into some peoples psyche… how do you see a pro-palestinian flag? You can surely only see the flag of Palestine.if there protesting against the rioters why a palistine flag why not an English flag or is that a far right flag now how come the left never wave that flag arnt they round to be English ?"

Sad thing is it used to be that the flag was associated with NF, EDL thuggery and pissed up football hooligans abroad trashing places in tournaments so the perception was not good etc but that had started to change for the positive till last Monday when it was carried by some amongst us who do not represent what it means to be English..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Border of London

"

Sad thing is it used to be that the flag was associated with NF, EDL thuggery and pissed up football hooligans abroad trashing places in tournaments so the perception was not good etc but that had started to change for the positive till last Monday when it was carried by some amongst us who do not represent what it means to be English..

"

https://flagdom.com/historical-flags/st-georges-cross-flag

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George%27s_Cross

The St George's Cross has a proud history associated with killing Muslims, Jews and others - specifically in the area now known as Israel/Palestine.

Ironic to see it clashing against a Palestinian flag in England today...

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

If you ask 4 or 5 questions, your intentions may be genuine, if you ask questions repeatedly, and your prior questions have been answered, and then turn around and say two sides to everything, then someone is going to ask, are you genuinely curious, or are you doing what Farage and Trump do, by raising your point of pointing out the faults in your opposition, but masking it as a question to hide your true intentions

Did the answer the question, I can answer that for you… no they didn’t, in fact they ducked it.

Simple question too, was there people there with swastika tattoos, there was 1 that I can see with it on their back, was there more individuals? I have watched videos as pointed out and I saw no hitler salutes.

So someone is either exaggerating for the effect or I’m not looking in the right place.

Either way I have the right to ask questions when people put stuff up in here, that does not make me a supporter of right wing thugs. "

You have crossed your limits! Accept that you support far-right extremism and sign up for a reeducation program or go straight to Gulag!

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

"

Also just as a show into some peoples psyche… how do you see a pro-palestinian flag? You can surely only see the flag of Palestine.if there protesting against the rioters why a palistine flag why not an English flag or is that a far right flag now how come the left never wave that flag arnt they round to be English ?

"

like you said carried by some does that go for a palistine flag carried out by some extremists represent all Muslims no not at all if you consider yourself English and are proud what’s your problem with the flag or is that far right aswell now

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"The desperate attempts to defend racists by folk on here is very telling."

It’s somewhere between sad and scary. There’s a few of them. “Two sides to every story”, “legitimate concerns”, “it was just a few infiltrators”, and outright denials of what we have seen.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Exactly. Just pretend you’re asking questions and talk a lot about what other people think (Eg vague shit like “people are very worried”), and thinly veiled threats like referring to “consequences”.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Boy the witch hunt is real "

What?

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Either way I have the right to ask questions when people put stuff up in here, that does not make me a supporter of right wing thugs. "

Do you support them or not? Some of your posts come across as you being a bit of a sympathiser ..

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"The desperate attempts to defend racists by folk on here is very telling.

It’s somewhere between sad and scary. There’s a few of them. “Two sides to every story”, “legitimate concerns”, “it was just a few infiltrators”, and outright denials of what we have seen. "

These two posts say it better than I managed on the KB thread. There really is a sense of deflection and trying to excuse or defend the inexcusable and indefensible. It’s all getting rather disconcerting. Always been disagreements in the forum but this is starting to feel like boundary pushing and is shedding a different light on some people I thought I “knew”

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

It’s somewhere between sad and scary. There’s a few of them. “Two sides to every story”, “legitimate concerns”, “it was just a few infiltrators”, and outright denials of what we have seen. "

‘But did you actually SEE Hitler kill any Jews?’

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

It’s somewhere between sad and scary. There’s a few of them. “Two sides to every story”, “legitimate concerns”, “it was just a few infiltrators”, and outright denials of what we have seen.

‘But did you actually SEE Hitler kill any Jews?’"

Ouch!

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

These two posts say it better than I managed on the KB thread. There really is a sense of deflection and trying to excuse or defend the inexcusable and indefensible. It’s all getting rather disconcerting. Always been disagreements in the forum but this is starting to feel like boundary pushing and is shedding a different light on some people I thought I “knew” "

The typical venn diagrams are in play though.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Border of London

‘But did you actually SEE Hitler kill any Jews?’"

Are you trying to demonstrate that non-violent can also be evil?

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Are you trying to demonstrate that non-violent can also be evil? "

More the ridiculousness of arguments that rely on me having seen something happen to prove that they did.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

*that it did.

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

More the ridiculousness of arguments that rely on me having seen something happen to prove that they did."

From what I can see, some people have asked you to prove what you've claimed. It shouldn't be too hard.

No one has asked you to prove what's been claimed about Hitler because we've probably all seen it before.

If you want ridiculousness, maybe look in the mirror

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

More the ridiculousness of arguments that rely on me having seen something happen to prove that they did.

From what I can see, some people have asked you to prove what you've claimed. It shouldn't be too hard.

No one has asked you to prove what's been claimed about Hitler because we've probably all seen it before.

If you want ridiculousness, maybe look in the mirror "

See my posts further up about not bothering with people who try and obfuscate, both sides, and hide behind semantics to deflect from racist thugs rioting on the streets.

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

If you want ridiculousness, maybe look in the mirror

See my posts further up about not bothering with people who try and obfuscate, both sides, and hide behind semantics to deflect from racist thugs rioting on the streets."

Enjoy your echo chamber 😘

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
6 weeks ago

milton keynes

If you want ridiculousness, maybe look in the mirror "

It would appear that people saying the violence is totally wrong is not enough, especially if you mention all violence carried out by all idiots. I have seen comments speculating about possible reasons and have seen people point out differences in how groups are policed, but can't recall anyone actually supporting the crimes committed.

Reply privately

By *milyRose321TV/TS
6 weeks ago

Derry, Ireland

Mussolini, Franco and Hitler always falls back on them lol

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"Mussolini, Franco and Hitler always falls back on them lol"

Yeah, and they’re more scary than the exorcism you went through!

Reply privately

By *milyRose321TV/TS
6 weeks ago

Derry, Ireland

"Mussolini, Franco and Hitler always falls back on them lol

Yeah, and they’re more scary than the exorcism you went through!

"

😂😂😂

Reply privately

By *bw for fun againCouple
6 weeks ago

wishaw

And while you act like animals scotland stands itself we welcome everyone even our friends in england ..stop believing the media and the idiots on here and social media xx hate is hate xx peace to everyone no matter colour creed or faith xx

Reply privately

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
6 weeks ago

Hopefully with a lot of people arrested and going to be arrested soon also the fear of being arrested for causing trouble fighting looting etc the normal people can have a peaceful protest in the near future

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"And while you act like animals scotland stands itself we welcome everyone even our friends in england ..stop believing the media and the idiots on here and social media xx hate is hate xx peace to everyone no matter colour creed or faith xx"

You mean some acted like animals yes?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

"And while you act like animals scotland stands itself we welcome everyone even our friends in england ..stop believing the media and the idiots on here and social media xx hate is hate xx peace to everyone no matter colour creed or faith xx"

Scottish people on the internet have been talking a lot for years about how they will welcome the immigrants. Ever wondered why no one actually goes there?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Either way I have the right to ask questions when people put stuff up in here, that does not make me a supporter of right wing thugs.

Do you support them or not? Some of your posts come across as you being a bit of a sympathiser .."

Show me a single post where I support far right thugs or rioters.

Let’s be clear, challenging someone’s interpretation of what they claim to have witnessed is not the same as endorsing hate or violence! I’ve questioned the way people describe events, particularly when I haven’t seen evidence to support their claims even after searching exactly what they’ve pointed me to.

Again for clarity, because I think people are led by emotion and not fact, I'm not supporting acts of violence, racism or hate, which is more than evident in the footage of the riots.

I'm questioning the input of the virtual commentary, why should poster x y or z go unchallenged in their claims?

Isn’t it valid to ask how their conclusions are formed, especially when their descriptions are inflammatory and risk escalating the situation or distorting the truth, even though it is online? Our present government does...

Take a close look at what I’m actually questioning. It’s not the condemnation of hate, racism, or violence, but the accuracy of these interpretations like the claims of people giving Hitler salutes or having swastika tattoos. And yet, here we are, with a simple question about what was really seen leading to accusations of me being a far right sympathiser.

To clarify again, I found online one man with a swastika tattoo among the rioters, and no evidence of Hitler salutes. So where are the others? If there were more, why can’t I find them? This entire discussion started because I asked someone to confirm what they claimed to have seen, when my search revealed only one example.

This isn’t about defending the indefensible; it’s about our collective responsibility to uphold the truth. Exaggeration and spreading falsehoods, whether from the far right or far left, only adds fuel to the fire.

We all have a duty to ensure our words reflect reality, not just to win an argument, and I won’t simply agree with someone’s narrative because they believe they are right and then start to throw accusations around like confetti.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Jewish chronicle, two scum bags in Leicester doing the nazi salute

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

If I didn’t want to look like I was attempting to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters then I would simply not write stuff that made it look like I was trying to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters.

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Jewish chronicle, two scum bags in Leicester doing the nazi salute "

I have seen that photo previously. I'm not allowed to talk about other ones I've seen.

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

I hope people judge the Palestine protests through the same lens

It looks like Nazi salutes were done in their protests too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/london-gaza-park-lane-downing-street-metropolitan-police-b2590723.html

Can we brand the pro-palestine protestors also as far-right extremists please?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

"I hope people judge the Palestine protests through the same lens

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/london-gaza-park-lane-downing-street-metropolitan-police-b2590723.html

Can we brand the pro-palestine protestors also as far-right extremists please?"

Also anyone who asks too many questions about this or tries to find an excuse is just defending far right extremism.

Reply privately

By *alcon77Man
6 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

There's an article (daily mail) that shows 5 or 6 people Sieg Heiling. They were at different riots, if I remember correctly.

As wll as the images, there's also video footage of the sunderland bloke with the neo nazi tattoos giving his take on current affairs...It's not exactly Shakespeare.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Can you genuinely not understand that when discussing something, saying ‘ah but what about this different thing?’ is seen as trying to deflect from the being discussed? I get that maybe what you are doing is trying to score points on the internet but it really looks like you are trying to deflect from the really terrible racist things that really terrible racist people have done.

There are lots of terrible people who do terrible things but if your reaction to terrible people doing terrible things is ‘but these terrible people also do terrible things,’ then maybe you need to take a look at what your priorities are?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

Can you genuinely not understand that when discussing something, saying ‘ah but what about this different thing?’ is seen as trying to deflect from the being discussed? I get that maybe what you are doing is trying to score points on the internet but it really looks like you are trying to deflect from the really terrible racist things that really terrible racist people have done.

There are lots of terrible people who do terrible things but if your reaction to terrible people doing terrible things is ‘but these terrible people also do terrible things,’ then maybe you need to take a look at what your priorities are?"

Pointing out hypocrisy is not whataboutery. Lots of people complaining here about far right extremism including you have been doing insane mental gymnastics to justify the horrible shit that has been happening during the Palestine protests.

And yet here you are criticising these protests as far-right extremism. Even worse, calling anyone questioning this as defending far right extremism.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

There are lots of terrible people who do terrible things but if your reaction to terrible people doing terrible things is ‘but these terrible people also do terrible things,’ then maybe you need to take a look at what your priorities are?

Pointing out hypocrisy is not whataboutery. Lots of people complaining here about far right extremism including you have been doing insane mental gymnastics to justify the horrible shit that has been happening during the Palestine protests.

And yet here you are criticising these protests as far-right extremism. Even worse, calling anyone questioning this as defending far right extremism."

There’s also people who have criticised both. Break the law feel the weight of the law, white, black, brown, christian, muslim, hindu, jew, (insert other religions), secular. It doesn’t matter who you are. Be law abiding or suffer the consequences.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

And yet here you are criticising these protests as far-right extremism. Even worse, calling anyone questioning this as defending far right extremism."

Ok, so we’ve established that scoring points on the internet is your priority. Things make more sense now.

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

[Removed by poster at 10/08/24 08:45:52]

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

And yet here you are criticising these protests as far-right extremism. Even worse, calling anyone questioning this as defending far right extremism.

Ok, so we’ve established that scoring points on the internet is your priority. Things make more sense now."

Lmao

Pointing out inconsistencies in your views is called scoring points now?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

There’s also people who have criticised both. Break the law feel the weight of the law, white, black, brown, christian, muslim, hindu, jew, (insert other religions), secular. It doesn’t matter who you are. Be law abiding or suffer the consequences. "

I agree some have a consistent view. It boils down to the question of whether the actions of a few means we have to brand the entire protest as far-right extremism. Many people give different answers depending on which protest it is.

Similar thing happened with BLM protests too. I saw comments about how this week's protests have caused damages to businesses and public property. These are the same people who were using ridiculous excuses like "businesses have insurances anyway" when the BLM riots happened and justified damaging public property because apparently their cause is so good.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Ok, so we’ve established that scoring points on the internet is your priority. Things make more sense now.

Lmao

Pointing out inconsistencies in your views is called scoring points now?"

Are those inconsistencies real or in your head though?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

Lmao

Are those inconsistencies real or in your head though?"

If they aren't real, show me where I am wrong. If you are just going to make meaningless remarks like this, it just looks like you are struggling too hard to justify your cognitive dissonance.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

They were yes but as was not uncommon by some who supported other teams in the 70s who hated Spurs it was also used as I would strongly suggest that some on the Palestine march did as a means of antagonising the Jewish people..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Lmao

If they aren't real, show me where I am wrong. If you are just going to make meaningless remarks like this, it just looks like you are struggling too hard to justify your cognitive dissonance."

You said I had justified violence on Palestinian marches, I don’t need to prove anything.

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

They were yes but as was not uncommon by some who supported other teams in the 70s who hated Spurs it was also used as I would strongly suggest that some on the Palestine march did as a means of antagonising the Jewish people.."

So if it's just to antagonise Jewish people, it's not "far right extremists"?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Lmao

If they aren't real, show me where I am wrong. If you are just going to make meaningless remarks like this, it just looks like you are struggling too hard to justify your cognitive dissonance."

The lack of critical thinking is increasingly evident in this country, as emotional reactions have largely replaced thoughtful analysis in most discussions. The ability to view issues from multiple perspectives has diminished significantly, with the majority of people failing to consider both sides of an argument. This has led to this troubling trend we know have, where individuals feel justified in supporting actions and outcomes that mirror the very behaviours they claim to despise, simply because of their intense aversion to those opposing views.

For example, I can scroll through multiple threads and observe widespread support for ultra aggressive balaclava wearing Antifa members or gangs armed with knives and machetes attacking people in the streets and protests that are clearly racist, violent and singling out innocent communities. This reflects a total lack of balance and further underscores the erosion of rational conversation in favour of reactionary emotionally led outbursts.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Jewish chronicle, two scum bags in Leicester doing the nazi salute "

Thank you for sharing that. I’ve seen the individual with the tattoo, and while I couldn’t catch everything he was saying in the video, it's clear that he, along with the person filming, are racist. As for the two individuals giving the Nazi salute, there really isn’t much more to add when they clearly demonstrate their ignorance.

It is absolutely shocking that 2 large and angry groups of people, project their hate towards the Jewish communities with their actions. what a time to be Jewish.....

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

"If I didn’t want to look like I was attempting to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters then I would simply not write stuff that made it look like I was trying to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters."
almost all the rioters where thick young kids looking for excitement and probably never even heard the term far right just because starmer came out with that doesn’t mean it’s true I’d love to know how many actually where far right supporters I’d say about 5% ppl need to get a grip

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"If I didn’t want to look like I was attempting to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters then I would simply not write stuff that made it look like I was trying to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters.almost all the rioters where thick young kids looking for excitement and probably never even heard the term far right just because starmer came out with that doesn’t mean it’s true I’d love to know how many actually where far right supporters I’d say about 5% ppl need to get a grip "

95% of those participating in race hate themed riots. Who were attacking non-white people, attacking mosques, attacking hotels housing asylum seekers (including housing kids), shouting racist slogans. We're in fact not racist.

Amazing.

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

"If I didn’t want to look like I was attempting to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters then I would simply not write stuff that made it look like I was trying to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters.almost all the rioters where thick young kids looking for excitement and probably never even heard the term far right just because starmer came out with that doesn’t mean it’s true I’d love to know how many actually where far right supporters I’d say about 5% ppl need to get a grip

95% of those participating in race hate themed riots. Who were attacking non-white people, attacking mosques, attacking hotels housing asylum seekers (including housing kids), shouting racist slogans. We're in fact not racist.

Amazing."

Where did you get the 95% number from? What method did you use? Can you apply the same method on the Palestinian protests too?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"If I didn’t want to look like I was attempting to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters then I would simply not write stuff that made it look like I was trying to deflect criticism from racist, far right rioters.almost all the rioters where thick young kids looking for excitement and probably never even heard the term far right just because starmer came out with that doesn’t mean it’s true I’d love to know how many actually where far right supporters I’d say about 5% ppl need to get a grip

Amazing.

Where did you get the 95% number from? What method did you use? Can you apply the same method on the Palestinian protests too?"

The other poster say 5% were far right. Which leaves 95% not. Although I see I did write "racist" instead of far right. But in this specific set of riots, I guess you can use them interchangably.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

Amazing.

Where did you get the 95% number from? What method did you use? Can you apply the same method on the Palestinian protests too?"

Not sure what your what-about Palestinian protests is making?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

Amazing.

Where did you get the 95% number from? What method did you use? Can you apply the same method on the Palestinian protests too?

The other poster say 5% were far right. Which leaves 95% not. Although I see I did write "racist" instead of far right. But in this specific set of riots, I guess you can use them interchangably. "

Again, it looks like you are making lots of assumptions here. Is wanting to reduce immigration same as being far-right or is it racist?

Reply privately

By *ostindreamsMan
6 weeks ago

London

Amazing.

Not sure what your what-about Palestinian protests is making?"

They were making Nazi salutes and antisemetic slogans. I was wondering if you have time to criticise those far-right racist Nazi morons.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

Amazing.

Not sure what your what-about Palestinian protests is making?

They were making Nazi salutes and antisemetic slogans. I was wondering if you have time to criticise those far-right racist Nazi morons."

Sure. Make a list of everyone you want me to criticise prior to being able to discuss these current events.

Reply privately