Newcastle and Gateshead

Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

Terrorist/terrorism (domestic)?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

Some have been protests that got violent. And some were riots.

By *melie LALWoman
6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

"

Re the latter, they certainly are terrorising.

Protesting is a too kind word for these arseholes.

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

let me see .... the one where hotel fire exits were barricaded from the ouside and a burning wheelie bin pushed into the building with a mob shouting 'burn them all' .... hmmm .... legitimate concerns? .... nah .... don't think so somehow

By *abio OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"let me see .... the one where hotel fire exits were barricaded from the ouside and a burning wheelie bin pushed into the building with a mob shouting 'burn them all' .... hmmm .... legitimate concerns? .... nah .... don't think so somehow "

See… I would call that an act of domestic terrorism… and charge those involved with attempted murder!

But people get squeamish if you mention the word “terrorism” …

By *onica-mayhemWoman
6 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

From what I've witnessed in my home towns?

What started out as legitimate protest against successive government policies hijacked by a travelling rent-a-mob band of agitators carrying out the wishes of the government. That is to say the establishment wanted to turn a gathering of people with real concerns about un-checked amd illegal immigration into their communities and portray them as evil right wing nutjobs. All done with the assistance of the media.

To answer the OP....they were protests that turned into riots. If left unchecked then it could turn into terrorism on minority communities in the long term.

It'll take several light bulb moments for regular everyday folk to realise that the guy/girl that has a different skin colour to theirs is NOT your enemy. Your enemies are the people that rule over you...

By *oxychick35Couple
6 weeks ago

thornaby

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

"

its only a protest if it’s pro palistine anything else from now on will be all of the above

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"From what I've witnessed in my home towns?

What started out as legitimate protest against successive government policies hijacked by a travelling rent-a-mob band of agitators carrying out the wishes of the government. That is to say the establishment wanted to turn a gathering of people with real concerns about un-checked amd illegal immigration into their communities and portray them as evil right wing nutjobs. All done with the assistance of the media.

To answer the OP....they were protests that turned into riots. If left unchecked then it could turn into terrorism on minority communities in the long term.

It'll take several light bulb moments for regular everyday folk to realise that the guy/girl that has a different skin colour to theirs is NOT your enemy. Your enemies are the people that rule over you..."

Started off here as a full on race hate protest, started by known racist groups on twitter and telegram. Started loud and aggressive, ended violent.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

its only a protest if it’s pro palistine anything else from now on will be all of the above "

Peaceful climate protesters get labelled as terrorists here. So you could be onto something.

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

its only a protest if it’s pro palistine anything else from now on will be all of the above

Peaceful climate protesters get labelled as terrorists here. So you could be onto something. "

When JSO stops ambulances and fire trucks and people having heart attacks and babies from reaching hospitals and Organ delivery vehicles and Para Medics and the Police reaching people being knifed on our streets . . .

That's TERROR'FYING.

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

"

Domestic Terrorism.

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS
6 weeks ago

North Manchester

Keeps blabbering on about "peaceful climate protestors" but totally ignores the fact they caused a lot of grief to many folks as well as the cost of removing and prosecuting the cretins, now, we feed andkeep them warm and safe in gaol.

How about if it were YOU on an important journey, YOUR relative en route to medical care, YOUR house on fire....???

They got what they asked for, any others following their "peaceful protests" ought to receive more.

As I say, with some people it's 'when it suits', as long as it's not at their cost.

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS
6 weeks ago

North Manchester

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

Peaceful climate protesters get labelled as terrorists here. So you could be onto something.

When JSO stops ambulances and fire trucks and people having heart attacks and babies from reaching hospitals and Organ delivery vehicles and Para Medics and the Police reaching people being knifed on our streets . . .

That's TERROR'FYING.

"

Exactly, just posted my own take on these idiots and the poor fools who encourage them.

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"Keeps blabbering on about "peaceful climate protestors" but totally ignores the fact they caused a lot of grief to many folks as well as the cost of removing and prosecuting the cretins, now, we feed andkeep them warm and safe in gaol.

How about if it were YOU on an important journey, YOUR relative en route to medical care, YOUR house on fire....???

They got what they asked for, any others following their "peaceful protests" ought to receive more.

As I say, with some people it's 'when it suits', as long as it's not at their cost."

Eva you seem to mostly only post to have a pop or disagree with Johnny.

I think you two should get a room

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

It is perfectly possible to protest and march peacefully. I did it back in the day with a million others against the Iraq War. No riot. No damage. No trouble with the police. Just voices raised in concern and opposition to the govt decision.

Riot/Domestic Terrorism seems to fit on this occasion. Fucking wankers also fits. Knuckle dragging imbeciles also.

Next protest, nee Riot, planned for Brighton Wednesday.

By *aseylee324Couple
6 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Thuggishness

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

That's TERROR'FYING.

Exactly, just posted my own take on these idiots and the poor fools who encourage them.

"

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Keeps blabbering on about "peaceful climate protestors" but totally ignores the fact they caused a lot of grief to many folks as well as the cost of removing and prosecuting the cretins, now, we feed andkeep them warm and safe in gaol.

As I say, with some people it's 'when it suits', as long as it's not at their cost.

I think you two should get a room "

Ha. I'm no idea who they are or why they only use the forum to have digs at me.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

That's TERROR'FYING.

"

Why the thumbs up for this forum user calling me an idiot?

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

That's TERROR'FYING.

Why the thumbs up for this forum user calling me an idiot?"

Ignoring your victim complex.

Just debate the issue instead

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

That's TERROR'FYING.

Just debate the issue instead "

But you're thumbs upping someone who only uses the forums for personal digs at me. Never debates the issue. Pointless.

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Actually I thumbed up this . . .

***************By Eva_NightingaleFind posts by Eva_Nightingale TV/TS 59 minutes ago

North Manchester

Keeps blabbering on about "peaceful climate protestors" but totally ignores the fact they caused a lot of grief to many folks as well as the cost of removing and prosecuting the cretins, now, we feed andkeep them warm and safe in gaol.

As I say, with some people it's 'when it suits', as long as it's not at their cost.***************

By *ools and the brainCouple
6 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Xenophobists is rather a mouthful.

What about hooligans or assholes?

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS
6 weeks ago

North Manchester

I think you two should get a room "

Look, this is the second time in as many days you've posted your opinion on my own posts.

I really think you ought to mind your own business as it's looking rather suspect.

If that's quite all right with you.

And now, I shall decline to know you.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"It is perfectly possible to protest and march peacefully. I did it back in the day with a million others against the Iraq War. No riot. No damage. No trouble with the police. Just voices raised in concern and opposition to the govt decision.

Riot/Domestic Terrorism seems to fit on this occasion. Fucking wankers also fits. Knuckle dragging imbeciles also.

Next protest, nee Riot, planned for Brighton Wednesday."

Ditto on the above, I marched alongside a Burma veteran who wore his medals..

It was very peaceful..

By *wisted999Man
6 weeks ago

North Bucks

Rioters be they left right or in the middle.

Or to put it another way bellends.

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

Look, this is the second time in as many days you've posted your opinion on my own posts.

I really think you ought to mind your own business as it's looking rather suspect.

And now, I shall decline to know you."

Assume you will stop commenting on other people’s posts then right? Or is irony being missed

Also I thought we had all agreed to be less ad hominem. Maybe you missed the memo

By *ravelmanxxxMan
6 weeks ago

Durham /Sunderland

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

"

Waving a Hamas flag is an act of terrorism. Oh no it was waved by a non white masked mob today in Birmingham so it’s ok

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

And now, I shall decline to know you."

As suspect as you seemingly stalking one other poster..?

By *va_NightingaleTV/TS
6 weeks ago

North Manchester

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

That's TERROR'FYING.

Just debate the issue instead

But you're thumbs upping someone who only uses the forums for personal digs at me. Never debates the issue. Pointless."

Yes, I agree, it is indeed pointless to attempt any debate with you, I have tried many times previously (oh, and don't use the old 'proof of' reply, your idea of 'proof' is completely at odds with mine and many others)

If you are proved wrong, on any debate by others, you go awol.

But, many, many times in the past, you have played the victim of 'insults', which is sad.

SO.....,

I've much to do here today, I'll leave you alone for some time now.

Critical thinking skills really don't seem to be your strong point.

All above is my considered opinion based on my experience on Fabswingers political forum.

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

AD HOMINEM

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

TIRESOME

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

"TIRESOME"

It really is. People should focus on the topic rather than each other. Not accepting or tolerating different POVs is half the problem and cause of all the shit right now.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
6 weeks ago

Border of London

"let me see .... the one where hotel fire exits were barricaded from the ouside and a burning wheelie bin pushed into the building with a mob shouting 'burn them all' .... hmmm .... legitimate concerns? .... nah .... don't think so somehow

See… I would call that an act of domestic terrorism… and charge those involved with attempted murder!

But people get squeamish if you mention the word “terrorism” …"

Pogrom is a better word. Mob violence aimed towards an ethnic/religious group, to get rid of them, isn't necessarily terrorism.

Terrorism is usually designed to frighten a society into capitulating to political/ideological demands, by making that entire society feel unsafe. In this case, the violence is only directed at the object of hatred. It's like the difference between holding someone's child ransom vs robbing at gunpoint.

Now, if a group bombed a train station and said they'd do it daily until immigrants were deported, that would be an example of terrorism.

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

"

A bit of each.

There have been some vigils, some protests, and riots, some looting. And those who are guilty of whipping up the latter are facing the possibility of facing terror charges

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

its only a protest if it’s pro palistine anything else from now on will be all of the above "

Not even close to being true

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"let me see .... the one where hotel fire exits were barricaded from the ouside and a burning wheelie bin pushed into the building with a mob shouting 'burn them all' .... hmmm .... legitimate concerns? .... nah .... don't think so somehow

Some people have a slightly narrow view of what constitutes terrorism.

The DPP seems to agree with your view.

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

Calls from the far right racist orchestrators on social media demanding mass deportations and expanding the targets of the violence to members of the legal profession over the coming days. Certainly checks out with poster above.

Which of the country's institutions are next on their list? Journalists?

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

did they charge anyone with terrorism in 2011 when they set fire to shops with people living above them? Just a bunch of the under class in deprived areas kicking off, barley any of em working and imagine most of em got records as long as ya arm, i said the other day its gona be mainly ppl between 15-35 years of age who dont need a reason to do it, the madness of crowds and all that

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"From what I've witnessed in my home towns?

It'll take several light bulb moments for regular everyday folk to realise that the guy/girl that has a different skin colour to theirs is NOT your enemy. Your enemies are the people that rule over you..."

That version of what happened in Dublin is total fantasy.

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

"Calls from the far right racist orchestrators on social media demanding mass deportations and expanding the targets of the violence to members of the legal profession over the coming days. Certainly checks out with poster above.

Which of the country's institutions are next on their list? Journalists? "

i dont think its the whole legal proffesion my guess is firms who make a fortune on immagration cases, does amaze me people are so shocked about it all,this has been coming the last 4 or 5 years, dunno if you have noticed the pressure has been biilding for years

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

No, I noticed racists getting bolder and more violent

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

To be honest i doubt you have noticed anything until the idiot box told you to

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

Ad hominem again

By *immyinreadingMan
6 weeks ago

henley on thames

"To be honest i doubt you have noticed anything until the idiot box told you to "

Who are you aiming that insult at ?

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

"To be honest i doubt you have noticed anything until the idiot box told you to

Who are you aiming that insult at ? "

whats it got to do with you? Have i ever conversed with you on here james

By *igNick1381Man
6 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Fiery but mostly peaceful protests

By *eroy1000Man
6 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Protesters/protesting?

Rioters/rioting?

"

Protests that turned violent. Some seemed intent on violence from the start. But this is nothing new. If they can make a terrorism charge stick, which presumably gives a much bigger sentence then I don't have a problem with that. In fact its a pretty good idea. Only thing is, will that charge be dealt out evenly regardless of who is doing it or is it only to be used on certain groups

By *iman2100Man
6 weeks ago

Glasgow

I was wondering .... When was the last time a large group of Muslims and Illegal Immigrants got together, fought the police, set fire to cars and buildings and told the whites to get out?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

"Fiery but mostly peaceful protests "

Every one so far has turned violent.

400 arrests so far

38 more protests this week apparently

By *igNick1381Man
6 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"Fiery but mostly peaceful protests

Every one so far has turned violent.

400 arrests so far

38 more protests this week apparently "

It was a callback to a CNN headline during the BLM riot's

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"I was wondering .... When was the last time a large group of Muslims and Illegal Immigrants got together, fought the police, set fire to cars and buildings and told the whites to get out? "

You must have missed the attack on the police station a couple of weeks ago

By *he KakapoMan
6 weeks ago

A nice rock

While some could be strictly defined as terrorism I don't think they are.

Violent protests mostly riots for some, and in the case of the hotel if the facts are as outlined above (I haven't fact checked this) attempted murder

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

"I was wondering .... When was the last time a large group of Muslims and Illegal Immigrants got together, fought the police, set fire to cars and buildings and told the whites to get out? "

So far, fortunately not

However that may change if one of these riots results in bodily harm/injury to a person of the Muslim society. The intended/ unintended consequences of a petrol bomb being thrown or wheelie bin set fire in an ibis hotel.

We are in dangerous territory. Two groups of Muslim men have gathered as mentioned in above posts. Escalation brings escalation.

Police doing an excellent job.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

Attacks by Muslims on others are generally characterised by a suicide vest.

Post new Message to Thread