Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Bring back the death penalty

Jump to newest

By *westUKguy OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Southport

After the tragic events unfolding in my home town of Southport is it time to consider bringing back the death penalty

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

No it isn't.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
6 weeks ago

No point, apparently there's life after it.

Reply privately

By *affron40Woman
6 weeks ago

manchester

You can’t even possibly know all the facts yet 🙈

Reply privately

By *ecret-64Couple
6 weeks ago

Wrexham

"No it isn't."

Yes it is!

Reply privately

By *lowupdollTV/TS
6 weeks ago

S. Herts

Not for this. There are circumstances where I believe the death penalty is warranted, but only in ultra-legal circumstances. To have it on the statutes is to put too much power in the hands of the state.

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"No it isn't.

Yes it is! "

What does it achieve? Hasn't deterred any crime anywhere to any real degree.

Unless it's retribution you want, and not deterrent and justice.

Reply privately

By *C44Man
6 weeks ago

Newbourne

I don't want to live in a country where the state has the right to take the lives of its own citizens. If they are not citizens then fine. But I don't trust the state with running a bus service let alone killing us.

Reply privately

By *iker JackMan
6 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"I don't want to live in a country where the state has the right to take the lives of its own citizens. If they are not citizens then fine. But I don't trust the state with running a bus service let alone killing us. "

What do you mean if they are not citizens it’s fine?

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Op, posting in anger at what is an awful situation isn't the best way to look at any issues especially one where if it was in place we would have executed literally scores of innocent people in the period since it was rightly stopped..

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
6 weeks ago

Reading

Another no here. I don't believe in state sanctioned murder when we have such an imperfect judicial system.

Reply privately

By *batMan
6 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

No. It serves no purpose other than to feed the anger of some people.

It doesn't act as a deterrent and it doesn't save money.

Gbat

Reply privately

By *C44Man
6 weeks ago

Newbourne

"I don't want to live in a country where the state has the right to take the lives of its own citizens. If they are not citizens then fine. But I don't trust the state with running a bus service let alone killing us.

What do you mean if they are not citizens it’s fine?"

My objection to the death penalty is not a moral or ethical one, it's about government overreach in terms of its own citizens. If someone who is not a citizen does something to warrant it then it's a different matter.

Reply privately

By *heBigLibowskiMan
6 weeks ago

Hampshire

Probably not the best idea.

I am however up for bringing back stock/pillories for public misdemeanours (vandalism, generally being a twat, etc.).

Reply privately

By *iker JackMan
6 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"I don't want to live in a country where the state has the right to take the lives of its own citizens. If they are not citizens then fine. But I don't trust the state with running a bus service let alone killing us.

My objection to the death penalty is not a moral or ethical one, it's about government overreach in terms of its own citizens. If someone who is not a citizen does something to warrant it then it's a different matter. "

Ah okay so the penalty for the same crime is now dependent on your country of origin.

Yup I’m out for the day

Reply privately

By *batMan
6 weeks ago

" If someone who is not a citizen does something to warrant it then it's a different matter. "

In what way is it a different matter?

Can I just confirm, you're saying if a UK citizen does something bad, you don't trust the State in the matter of their execution, but if the criminal is from France it's okay to go ahead and kill them?

I'm struggling to see a valid argument in that.

Gbat

Reply privately

By *vaRose43Woman
6 weeks ago

Forest of Dean

What does it achieve? If killing and violence is wrong then surely all killing and violence is wrong.

Far too many people have recieved posthumous pardons both here and in countries with active death penalties where innocent people have been murdered by the state.

Reply privately

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
6 weeks ago

London

The mob wants blood. Best not give them it.

Reply privately

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Glasgow

The US has the death penalty. Has it stopped violence there..?

No it's even more violent and has even more violent massacres.

So like someone said if it's not about deterrent, it must be about revenge. You only need to read about the case of Andrew Malkinson to know you can't trust the state not to punish the wrong person.

Reply privately

By *ockdownlickdownMan
6 weeks ago

Crewe

Whilst I generally have no problem with a death penalty being administered to those whom we can be sure truly deserve it there are so many miscarriages of justice that innocent people would be sentenced. I can't therefore support the police. One might counter "ah, but what if we were absolutely sure"? That presupposes that we know that we are in other cases committing innocent people. I suppose a death penalty where a guilty plea is offered, the accused is not mentally incapable and the case is proven beyond all reasonable doubt? But that would only encourage some people to commit qualifying offences. The antithesis of a deterrent

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

My objection to the death penalty is not a moral or ethical one, it's about government overreach in terms of its own citizens. If someone who is not a citizen does something to warrant it then it's a different matter. "

Surely the principle should be that if a person is innocent their status is totally irrelevant..

Isn't that a bit like saying my family were trapped in a burning house but the only person who could have dragged them out wasn't a citizen so it's ok they perished..?

Reply privately

By *batMan
6 weeks ago

" I can't therefore support the police. "

Sentences and the carrying out of them aren't a police matter.

Gbat

Reply privately

By *.hrisMan
6 weeks ago

Bath & Wilts

"No it isn't.

Yes it is!

Unless it's retribution you want, and not deterrent and justice."

It is 100% effective with them not committing their horrendous crimes again though.

Reply privately

By *ansoffateMan
6 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Not for me that one.

Euthanasia sure.

I'd even go as far as saying if someone wished to end their life rather than go to prison that should be permissible.

So in a roundabout way it could be presented as an option.

Reply privately

By *oxy jWoman
6 weeks ago

somerset

the death penalty never worked and never will just look at how many times the police / law / courts have got it so wrong ... look at those in prison who never did anything wrong and if you really want to start looking like the usa then god help us ... and i dont belive in god either ..

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
6 weeks ago

Majorca

"After the tragic events unfolding in my home town of Southport is it time to consider bringing back the death penalty"

Totally agree. I would leave them in a room with the victims relatives and hope they suffer a slow, painful death. I am not a violent person but some crimes are just so horrendous the culprits don't deserve to live.

Reply privately

By *lue RascalMan
6 weeks ago

Goodison

As much as he deserves to die, no. Awful news.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"After the tragic events unfolding in my home town of Southport is it time to consider bringing back the death penalty

Totally agree. I would leave them in a room with the victims relatives and hope they suffer a slow, painful death. I am not a violent person but some crimes are just so horrendous the culprits don't deserve to live."

Even if they are mentally ill?

Don't get me wrong it's an abhorrent and vile act that's been committed but whilst there's no normal reasons for such crimes some in society are not in what we might call a normal state of mind..

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
6 weeks ago

Majorca

"After the tragic events unfolding in my home town of Southport is it time to consider bringing back the death penalty

Totally agree. I would leave them in a room with the victims relatives and hope they suffer a slow, painful death. I am not a violent person but some crimes are just so horrendous the culprits don't deserve to live.

Don't get me wrong it's an abhorrent and vile act that's been committed but whilst there's no normal reasons for such crimes some in society are not in what we might call a normal state of mind..

"

I am all for helping people with mental health issues but when it gets to the stage that the person goes round stabbing and killing innocent people then I say they are beyond help and don't deserve help.

Reply privately

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
6 weeks ago

Torquay

Don't think it works very well in America

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
6 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"

Tell that to the family of a baby that’s just been r@ped and murderered.

Reply privately

By *adyKarmennTVTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Dublin

Personally I’ve always thought the Yvonne Atkins death should be used …

Or just fuck them into a sound proof cell an leave them there … go back in once a year

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
6 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

My first act as mayor is to impose no hoodie zones on n pedestrian areas towns and city.

Also no pillions on scooters or e-bikes in major towns and cities.

Police have the right to ram you off the road if you break this law.

If you are guilty of a violent crime you will be evicted from your home, this includes your family, unable to work or claim any form of benefits for life.

You have been warned, there is a new sheriff in town.

I highly recommend you vote for me in the coming election or I'll send the boys round

Reply privately

By *andG2024Couple
6 weeks ago

Atherstone

Another one will claim mental heath like the one with the solider last week stabbed 70 times people needs to really start looking what really going on here and take a deep hard look at people who are committing these acts instead of turning a blind eye

Reply privately

By *westUKguy OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Southport

"Op, posting in anger at what is an awful situation isn't the best way to look at any issues especially one where if it was in place we would have executed literally scores of innocent people in the period since it was rightly stopped.."
.....cant see in my post Where im posting in anger...im setting up a debate...quite clearly you are way off the mark

Reply privately

By *aul DeUther-OneMan
6 weeks ago

Seaside Sussex

"After the tragic events unfolding in my home town of Southport is it time to consider bringing back the death penalty"

If I could be convinced that it is a strong deterrent, then yes. But.... There have been times when we had it and still had horrible murders. Some states in US do still have the death sentence and the murder rates there seem no lower than for those without.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Who trusts the government not to fuck up killing people? I sure as shit don't.

Oopsie convictions can be reversed. Oopsie executions can't.

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
6 weeks ago

Majorca

If I could be convinced that it is a strong deterrent, then yes. But.... There have been times when we had it and still had horrible murders. Some states in US do still have the death sentence and the murder rates there seem no lower than for those without."

Maybe not a deterrent but at least it will get rid of one evil human which can only be good.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Op, posting in anger at what is an awful situation isn't the best way to look at any issues especially one where if it was in place we would have executed literally scores of innocent people in the period since it was rightly stopped.......cant see in my post Where im posting in anger...im setting up a debate...quite clearly you are way off the mark"

Your starting point is based purely upon the disgusting acts carried out today, fingers crossed no one dies of course but clearly you were using what is a very emotive and upsetting incident..

So yes I'm going with you posted the thread in anger..

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
6 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

When an animal has rabies we put it down to prevent it bitting anyone.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

My thoughts are with the victims and their families at this devastatingly sad time.

As a parent myself I couldn’t think of anything worse.

Such a sad day!!

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
6 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

It's swings and roundabouts OP, the police kill innocent people wrongly convicted of murder vs the scum released back into society, who murders innocent people. We are in a lose lose society

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
6 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"It's swings and roundabouts OP, the police kill innocent people wrongly convicted of murder vs the scum released back into society, who murders innocent people. We are in a lose lose society

"

Sadly I think you are right

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
6 weeks ago

the land of saints & sinners

Multiple studies have shown it is not effective as any form of deterrent. If fact it can have the opposite effect.

Also long prison sentences are also ineffective….

The usual suspects will cry that if they are locked up then they can’t commit more crimes.

However In the UK, around 60% of released inmates go on to reoffend within a two-year period. But in Norway the reoffending rate is only 20% after two years. Partly as a result, Norway has almost three times fewer inmates than the UK, with prisons operating at a capacity of 73%, as opposed to 104% in England and Wales.

The biggest crime here is the cost to the tax payer of this reoffending rate.

Time for real progressive prison and justice reform ….

Lock people up and treat them animals they will behave like animals….

I’ll just now wait for the howls of angst from the ‘lock em up’ and ‘flog em’ brigade…

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

Fuck the facts, right? Eye for an eye innit! Doesn't matter if the odd innocent person gets hanged for ThE gReAtEr GoOd.

Yep, cos crime is like rabies after all.

Reply privately

By *emonbuttercreamWoman
6 weeks ago

Birmingham

I'm all for it when it comes to tragedies like this.

Reply privately

By *agerMorganMan
6 weeks ago

Canvey Island

Fuck no. Sorry, but the last hangman of the UK (Albert Pierrepoint) put it beautifully that the death penalty does not deter criminals.

And on top of that, innocent lives have been lost because evidence came to light that they were not involved.

There’s too much that can go wrong with evidence and the trial that makes a death sentence so unstable, and to even suggest a 17 year old gets the noose is frankly disgusting.

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
6 weeks ago

Newcastle

Nope because it also failed, because innocent people were killed by that law

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
6 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Crime in the state of Florida is down by 58% because the public carry firearms and have the stand your ground law.

If you feel threatened or can prevent a criminal act you have the absolute right to shoot the criminals dead.

Criminals indeed do fear death. Not by the system but by the public which is why crime is at record low levels in Florida and people are relocating there from all over the states.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Multiple studies have shown it is not effective as any form of deterrent. If fact it can have the opposite effect.

Also long prison sentences are also ineffective….

The usual suspects will cry that if they are locked up then they can’t commit more crimes.

However In the UK, around 60% of released inmates go on to reoffend within a two-year period. But in Norway the reoffending rate is only 20% after two years. Partly as a result, Norway has almost three times fewer inmates than the UK, with prisons operating at a capacity of 73%, as opposed to 104% in England and Wales.

The biggest crime here is the cost to the tax payer of this reoffending rate.

Time for real progressive prison and justice reform ….

Lock people up and treat them animals they will behave like animals….

I’ll just now wait for the howls of angst from the ‘lock em up’ and ‘flog em’ brigade…

"

Feelings don't care about facts though, and expertise that gets in the way of folk wisdom is terrible. Apparently

*cries into criminology degree*

Reply privately

By *Buster-Man
6 weeks ago

Mold

"Crime in the state of Florida is down by 58% because the public carry firearms and have the stand your ground law.

If you feel threatened or can prevent a criminal act you have the absolute right to shoot the criminals dead.

Criminals indeed do fear death. Not by the system but by the public which is why crime is at record low levels in Florida and people are relocating there from all over the states."

Surely you dont believe we should carry guns?

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"Crime in the state of Florida is down by 58% because the public carry firearms and have the stand your ground law.

Criminals indeed do fear death. Not by the system but by the public which is why crime is at record low levels in Florida and people are relocating there from all over the states."

Except this is about the death penalty, not America's ridiculous gun laws.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Criminals indeed do fear death. Not by the system but by the public which is why crime is at record low levels in Florida and people are relocating there from all over the states.

Surely you dont believe we should carry guns?"

There are plenty here who do 🙄

Reply privately

By *agerMorganMan
6 weeks ago

Canvey Island

No thanks, whilst I do think sensible gun ownership is a thing with valid reason, I don’t want to be walking the streets with others carrying a firearm. It doesn’t “deter” anything, and the overall gun crime in American is sky high because of it.

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
6 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

No 💯

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
6 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

No thanks, whilst I do think sensible gun ownership is a thing with valid reason, I don’t want to be walking the streets with others carrying a firearm. It doesn’t “deter” anything, and the overall gun crime in American is sky high because of it. "

As I said crime is down by 58% so the figures prove it makes criminals think and they move somewhere else.

Gun crime maybe high but knife crime is here because we don't have access to guns or we would be worse per capita

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

No thanks, whilst I do think sensible gun ownership is a thing with valid reason, I don’t want to be walking the streets with others carrying a firearm. It doesn’t “deter” anything, and the overall gun crime in American is sky high because of it.

As I said crime is down by 58% so the figures prove it makes criminals think and they move somewhere else.

Gun crime maybe high but knife crime is here because we don't have access to guns or we would be worse per capita "

You keep quoting 58% but to put that purely on Florida's lax gun control laws and equate it to a reduction in every crime is a misrepresentation of the facts.

Reply privately

By *ill69888Couple
6 weeks ago

cheltenham

Just get on the wrong side of Tony Blair and it’s a given…

Reply privately

By *tuartandKateNottsCouple
6 weeks ago

Wollaton

Rubbish. 58% reduction from when to when? Where is this figure verified?

Fwiw, after the introduction of the Stand Your Ground law in 2005, total homicide and firearms homicide actually increased based on rates from 1999 onwards until 2014 in Florida. Numerous other surveys and comparisons with other states with SYG laws don't show a decrease in violent crime attributable to the law.

But in the world of instant SM justice and tidal waves of deliberate misinformation, facts don't matter anymore.

Reply privately

By *he KakapoMan
6 weeks ago

A nice rock

At times like this I can certainly understand the urge. But I feel civilised societies move away from such measures and not towards then.

It's a difficult point to argue after such devastating attacks. And probably not the best time to have such discussions

Reply privately

By *asstabMan
6 weeks ago

Manchester

Absolutely bring it back. There are more useful ways of spend taxpayers money!

Reply privately

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
6 weeks ago

somewhere

In my opinion in doesn't need to come back as I am in the mindset, it's a life for a life, someone still needs to end that's persons life, doesn't matter if they are doing it for "good". What we need is younger prisons and tougher sentences.

Reply privately

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
6 weeks ago

somewhere

"In my opinion in doesn't need to come back as I am in the mindset, it's a life for a life, someone still needs to end that's persons life, doesn't matter if they are doing it for "good". What we need is younger prisons and tougher sentences."

Obviously I meant tougher prisons

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Absolutely bring it back. There are more useful ways of spend taxpayers money!"

The death penalty is more expensive than a life sentence.

Reply privately

By *abluesbabyMan
6 weeks ago

Gibraltar/Cheshire/London

No. There is absolutely no point reinstating the death penalty.

Two main reasons...

1) It does NOT act as a deterrent. If it it did countries that still use it would have a zero murder rate surely?

2) Miscarriages of Justice. The possibility of an innocent person being judicially murdered by the state can NEVER be allowed to happen again. Ever. Timothy Evans' posthumous pardon in 1960 was futile given he was, despite being 100% innocent of all crimes, hanged in 1950.

Don't get me wrong I see both sides of the argument and would have zero qualms about pulling a trapdoor lever or trigger on the killer of my loved ones. I get that side of it. But the system WILL (not might) make mistakes and it simply does not stop people being murdered in the first place.

One added addendum: With regard to the terrible events in Southport we understand the main suspect is 17 years old so would be exempt from capital punishment anyway.

Reply privately

By *partharmonyCouple
6 weeks ago

Ruislip

No. I hope it never comes back. It's not because there aren't people who deserve it. It's that at some point you will execute an innocent (e.g. Timothy Evans) or undeserving (e.g. Derek Bentley) person. It would be better to keep terrible people alive behind bars than to execute the wrong person. No matter how much some people deserve it, the punishment will always be applied to other people.

Reply privately

By *asstabMan
6 weeks ago

Manchester

"Absolutely bring it back. There are more useful ways of spend taxpayers money!

The death penalty is more expensive than a life sentence."

One lethal injection is more than a lifetime in prison. What is the maths on that one.

I am sure we could send the money to the doctors, the nurses, the teachers, etc etc

Reply privately

By *uke-de-PleasureMan
6 weeks ago

Leeds

Albert Pierrepoint (1905–1992) was the most prolific British hangman of the twentieth century, executing 434 men and women between 1932 and 1955. It is an understatement to say he, unlike ALL of us, was an expert on this particular subject. His final thoughts were...

"It is said to be a deterrent. I cannot agree....I do not now believe that any one of the hundreds of executions I carried out has in any way acted as a deterrent against future murder. Capital punishment, in my view, achieved nothing except revenge."

- Albert Pierrepoint

Reply privately

By *oubleswing2019Man
6 weeks ago

Colchester

I do not condone the death penalty. I rather suspect the introduction of one would have unintended consequences because those who are not deterred by it might rationalise that if they are going to be executed, they may as well go big with their plans. If you've "crossed that line", what have you got to lose ?? Some calculated killers would try and up their tally.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

The Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four wouldn't agree it should come back and depending on how far down the justice system it goes, a load of sub post masters wouldn't either.

Reply privately

By *urry BlokeMan
6 weeks ago

I think what we need is a few death penalty devotees to offer to go first

Reply privately

By *interflingMan
6 weeks ago

london

Theres too much to go wrong to bring that back - even if we had the most brilliant police force (which we clearly don’t)

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Totally agree. I would leave them in a room with the victims relatives and hope they suffer a slow, painful death. I am not a violent person but some crimes are just so horrendous the culprits don't deserve to live."

That is of course if we are absolutely and totally satisfied the accused is guilty?

Anyone who wishes a slow painful death on a fellow homosapien is inherently violent.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

If I could be convinced that it is a strong deterrent, then yes. But.... There have been times when we had it and still had horrible murders. Some states in US do still have the death sentence and the murder rates there seem no lower than for those without.

Maybe not a deterrent but at least it will get rid of one evil human which can only be good."

Stefan Klitschko was considered an evil human being until he was exonerated for a heinous crime committed by another.

One miscarriage of justice should convince the mob that capital punishment is for societies run by dictators, despots and religious zealots.

Reply privately

By *lakeyMan
6 weeks ago

Teesside

Just said exactly the same when I heard about it

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
6 weeks ago

"In my opinion in doesn't need to come back as I am in the mindset, it's a life for a life, someone still needs to end that's persons life, doesn't matter if they are doing it for "good". What we need is younger prisons and tougher sentences.

Obviously I meant tougher prisons "

They don’t work either….

If you research criminal justice systems around the world you will find the ones that are seen as soft have the greatest successes in rehabilitation of offenders.

As counter intuitive as it seems…

But it’s all too easy to fall in to the trap of calling for tougher sentencing. Unless you want a criminal justice system that is based on retribution rather than rehabilitation.

Reply privately

By *adyKarmennTVTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Dublin

If I could be convinced that it is a strong deterrent, then yes. But.... There have been times when we had it and still had horrible murders. Some states in US do still have the death sentence and the murder rates there seem no lower than for those without."

We had this late last year and the city rioted! One child still in hospital who’s had a horrible recovery

He’s still in custody denying everything

Reply privately

By *ripfillMan
6 weeks ago

havant

"Another no here. I don't believe in state sanctioned murder when we have such an imperfect judicial system."

100% agree

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"In my opinion in doesn't need to come back as I am in the mindset, it's a life for a life, someone still needs to end that's persons life, doesn't matter if they are doing it for "good". What we need is younger prisons and tougher sentences.

Obviously I meant tougher prisons

They don’t work either….

If you research criminal justice systems around the world you will find the ones that are seen as soft have the greatest successes in rehabilitation of offenders.

As counter intuitive as it seems…

But it’s all too easy to fall in to the trap of calling for tougher sentencing. Unless you want a criminal justice system that is based on retribution rather than rehabilitation.

"

It's quite obvious a lot of people just want retribution based punishment because the alternative means challenging and changing some deeply held beliefs. And why should they be forced to change when they've done nothing wrong thank you very much!

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
6 weeks ago

Seaforth

So if a citizen kills someone they should go to prison

If a non citizen kills someone in this country they should be hanged.

In my opinion they should be given proper life sentences not have one rule for one and another rule for someone else

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
6 weeks ago

My objection to the death penalty is not a moral or ethical one, it's about government overreach in terms of its own citizens. If someone who is not a citizen does something to warrant it then it's a different matter.

In my opinion they should be given proper life sentences not have one rule for one and another rule for someone else"

Another one that has fallen for the trap of tougher sentences. Rather than challenging false beliefs and understanding criminal justice and how rehabilitation and offender motivation works….

Reply privately

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
6 weeks ago

hexham

Oh crumbs !

Reply privately

By *he turned me GreyCouple
6 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Off with their heads

Mr

Reply privately

By *he turned me GreyCouple
6 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

In my opinion they should be given proper life sentences not have one rule for one and another rule for someone else

Another one that has fallen for the trap of tougher sentences. Rather than challenging false beliefs and understanding criminal justice and how rehabilitation and offender motivation works…. "

And you really believe there is any rehabilitation in our criminal justice system?

Mr

Reply privately

By *ed VoluptaWoman
6 weeks ago

Wirral.

Horrific though today's events were, I could never condone the death penalty.

What an awful burden it would be to put upon a jury member.

Reply privately

By *oubleswing2019Man
6 weeks ago

Colchester

"Horrific though today's events were, I could never condone the death penalty.

What an awful burden it would be to put upon a jury member. "

Indeed. It makes one directly complicit in the death of another human being, and thus indirectly murdering them via proxy.

I also very much doubt the person to die consents to their death either, so whilst the law(if it was legal) and the rest of the jury, and indeed the judge might commute a death sentence; I have to live with a life sentence of having sanctioned a murder by the state.

No thanks.

Reply privately

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
6 weeks ago

belfast

"

He wasn't mentally ill. That's just a fucking pathetic excuse for terrorism.

Reply privately

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
6 weeks ago

belfast

"The Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four wouldn't agree it should come back and depending on how far down the justice system it goes, a load of sub post masters wouldn't either. "

They were guilty. Bombings stopped soon as they were arrested. Should have been hung.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"You can’t even possibly know all the facts yet 🙈"

Are you kidding, children have died and you're talking about the small details?? Get a grip!

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Central

No. The murder or taking life is horrific and the state should not do this. Exceptions for defence, as a last resort should be the only time it's considered.

Reply privately

By *ycanNightsMan
6 weeks ago

Workington

Given this countries history of miscarriages of justice...never mind anything else.

No...

Reply privately

By *lice AgainTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Bristol

Nope.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 30/07/24 01:05:10]

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Central

The state has been guilty of heinous treatment and the taking of life for too much of human history. The thousands of, mostly women, who were killed for witchcraft, typically with barbaric methods, and a baying mob, should leave us ashamed to even consider the death penalty.

Reply privately

By *hippy57Man
6 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Death is to easy

Reply privately

By *azzler2Man
6 weeks ago

halifax

I wonder how many that think the death penalty is wrong would change there minds if it was one of there love ones that had been killed I am not saying that it is a definite deterrent but if it was a option it might just make one or two to think before going out to kill some one I would vote yes to bring it back

Reply privately

By *r.Vice GuyMan
6 weeks ago

bristol/london

An eye for an eye will turn the whole world blind

Reply privately

By *londebiguyMan
6 weeks ago

Southport

We know that teo are confirmed dead.

At least one a young child and one a yoga instructor .

At least six children seriously injured and in hospital.

It was a children dance class at a summer club.

It's not something that we are speculating on.

Reply privately

By *ames250122Man
6 weeks ago

Worcester

It’s horrid what’s happened but bit of a dark topic to debate on fab don’t you think. I know fab can be more than just a bit of fun but…

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I wonder how many that think the death penalty is wrong would change there minds if it was one of there love ones that had been killed I am not saying that it is a definite deterrent but if it was a option it might just make one or two to think before going out to kill some one I would vote yes to bring it back"

You've got no idea what others have suffered when they oppose the death penalty.

Reply privately

By *ivpoolmanMan
6 weeks ago

Liverpool

"I wonder how many that think the death penalty is wrong would change there minds if it was one of there love ones that had been killed I am not saying that it is a definite deterrent but if it was a option it might just make one or two to think before going out to kill some one I would vote yes to bring it back

You've got no idea what others have suffered when they oppose the death penalty."

Long hard labour is far more suffering than death.

Jail for 100 years and make them smash rocks with their bare hands all day

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Absolutely bring it back. There are more useful ways of spend taxpayers money!

The death penalty is more expensive than a life sentence.

One lethal injection is more than a lifetime in prison. What is the maths on that one.

I am sure we could send the money to the doctors, the nurses, the teachers, etc etc"

Ah, you see, in civilised countries, there is significant litigation before being sure enough that a state can murder people. And even then they get it wrong.

So it's not lethal injection plus staff versus a life in prison, it's that plus a veritable fuckton of lawyers.

The kind of place where lots of appeals aren't involved are the kinds of places where people disappear on government whim.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
6 weeks ago

Bexley

"No point, apparently there's life after it. "

Brilliant comment. Apparently gone unnoticed for 9 hours!

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"Horrific though today's events were, I could never condone the death penalty.

What an awful burden it would be to put upon a jury member. "

In this country a jury decides on guilt the presiding judge passes sentence.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"I wonder how many that think the death penalty is wrong would change there minds if it was one of there love ones that had been killed I am not saying that it is a definite deterrent but if it was a option it might just make one or two to think before going out to kill some one I would vote yes to bring it back

You've got no idea what others have suffered when they oppose the death penalty.

Long hard labour is far more suffering than death.

Jail for 100 years and make them smash rocks with their bare hands all day"

I tend to agree that those convicted of premeditated murder or serial notoriety should go to prison for life and that regime should be at the least cost to the taxpayer.

Reply privately

By *ild_oatsMan
6 weeks ago

Another one that has fallen for the trap of tougher sentences. Rather than challenging false beliefs and understanding criminal justice and how rehabilitation and offender motivation works….

And you really believe there is any rehabilitation in our criminal justice system?

Mr "

There is but it is not applied in an effective way.

If you take a real look at other criminal justice systems and I will refer to the Norwegian model.

You will see the reoffending rate in Norway has fallen to only 20% after two years and about 25% after five years.

In the UK the recidivism rate is almost 50% after just one year.

Yet we still persist with the idea of a a punitive "lock-up" approach at great expense to the tax payer and that clearly doesn’t work.

Norway does not instate capital punishment or life imprisonment. The maximum custodial sentence is 21 years (30 for crimes against humanity and only life imprisonment for military crimes); however, at the end of the initial prison term the courts have the power to add five-year increments to the prisoner’s sentence every five years, indefinitely, if it is determined the prisoner is not rehabilitated.

I’m sure a number here will say this is far too soft with Prison officers trained to act as mentors and role models rather than guards.

But the evidence is there that it works.

Unless you want to persist with an overcrowded system with high reoffending rates because it suits your idea of revenge punishment.

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"You can’t even possibly know all the facts yet 🙈

Are you kidding, children have died and you're talking about the small details?? Get a grip!"

Keep your gross opinions to this thread, not our inbox.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Are you kidding, children have died and you're talking about the small details?? Get a grip!

Keep your gross opinions to this thread, not our inbox."

Can you please stop targeting me, I have blocked and reported you, it needs to stop! I'm entitled to an opinion and you shouldn't be harassing me over it, thank you.

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

Can you please stop targeting me, I have blocked and reported you, it needs to stop! I'm entitled to an opinion and you shouldn't be harassing me over it, thank you."

Good luck with that, pretty sure the admins are gonna see through your lies here buddy.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
6 weeks ago

Brighton

Death penalty = no (too many miscarriages of justice and as you can see in countries with it, hardly the deterrent people assume it is - looking at you USA).

Revised penal system and sentencing = absolutely. Deliberately take a life, forgo your right to have any form of life. Actual life long sentence with hard labour (not sitting in a cell).

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Can you please stop targeting me, I have blocked and reported you, it needs to stop! I'm entitled to an opinion and you shouldn't be harassing me over it, thank you.

Good luck with that, pretty sure the admins are gonna see through your lies here buddy."

Please stop!! I've told you I've blocked you and you're repeatedly messaging

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
6 weeks ago

Pershore

But can we trust the criminal justice system enough to arrive at 'cast iron' verdicts? We must rely on the honesty and judgement of Police, CPS, KC's, Judges, Juries. Not sure I do tbh.

Reply privately

By *hairmanDaoMan
6 weeks ago

London

It should never have been abolished in the first place.

But in the absence of some major popular revolutionary shift it’s not going to happen with our current political system.

Politicians will just wring their hands, cut and paste the press release they issued last time (Shock and horror, lessons must be learned, something must be banned, Diversity is our Strength), and change the subject as quickly as possible.

To politicians the victims are just acceptable collateral damage and a temporary media annoyance.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

don't expect me to sit on a jury if death sentences are on the statute .... disgusting idea

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

There are so many good reasons for the state not being allowed to execute it's citizens.

The only argument in favourite of the death, is revenge.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"don't expect me to sit on a jury if death sentences are on the statute .... disgusting idea"

You'll do as you're told and will be front and centre of the jury when labour bring it back!

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Revenge and justice for those completely innocent children? Evil like that needs to be eradicated, regardless of what excuse they give it, those poor parents seeing their precious baby girls 'ferociously' stabbed, Id not rest until he had the same end if it was mine.

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

I do wonder how some of these trash opinions get allowed on the forums. I'm all for free speech, freedom of opinion (it works both ways); but some of these ars just pure spite, vitriolic and hateful.

The lack of understanding is astounding.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"don't expect me to sit on a jury if death sentences are on the statute .... disgusting idea"

You will be expected to and if not you will be in contempt.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Always find those preaching to be in favour of free speech shutting down other more important people's opinions with their left woke agenda!

Reply privately

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
6 weeks ago

Border of London

There are plenty of excellent arguments for the death penalty. Especially in more primitive societies and eras, the death penalty can make sense.

The arguments against are more compelling, for our society. Not least due to the risk of miscarriage of justice and the fact that it makes a criminal desperate to the point that they have nothing left to lose.

That's not to say that it's not deserved or fair.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"I do wonder how some of these trash opinions get allowed on the forums. I'm all for free speech, freedom of opinion (it works both ways); but some of these ars just pure spite, vitriolic and hateful.

The lack of understanding is astounding."

Welcome to the politics section

In seriousness. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, no matter how abhorrent it might seem. It's an opportunity to see what some people who wouldn't be in your social, family, or work circles think about certain topics.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

"Always find those preaching to be in favour of free speech shutting down other more important people's opinions with their left woke agenda! "

What's the "awareness of social injustice, especially racism" agenda? And why is this "left"?

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"Always find those preaching to be in favour of free speech shutting down other more important people's opinions with their left woke agenda! "

I beg to differ. I for one may disagree with your opinion but I would defend vigorously your right to it and the freedom to express it.

The attack is horrific and our thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones. I am not in favour of capital punishment for the simple reason of getting the conviction wrong. There are a few examples of miscarriages of justice that would of resulted in innocent people being sent to the gallows.

A civilised society has the reason and duty to deal with those who act in an uncivilised way to dispense justice which if found to later to be incorrect can be reversed.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"I do wonder how some of these trash opinions get allowed on the forums. I'm all for free speech, freedom of opinion (it works both ways); but some of these ars just pure spite, vitriolic and hateful.

In seriousness. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, no matter how abhorrent it might seem. It's an opportunity to see what some people who wouldn't be in your social, family, or work circles think about certain topics. "

No one has a right not to be offended.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

"Always find those preaching to be in favour of free speech shutting down other more important people's opinions with their left woke agenda!

I beg to differ. I for one may disagree with your opinion but I would defend vigorously your right to it and the freedom to express it.

The attack is horrific and our thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones. I am not in favour of capital punishment for the simple reason of getting the conviction wrong. There are a few examples of miscarriages of justice that would of resulted in innocent people being sent to the gallows.

A civilised society has the reason and duty to deal with those who act in an uncivilised way to dispense justice which if found to later to be incorrect can be reversed."

Multiple victims, witnesses, evidence, camera footage, weapon found. No miscarriage of justice or false identification there, no doubt whatsoever it's not the correct suspect so in these cases, the death penalty should follow.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

In seriousness. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, no matter how abhorrent it might seem. It's an opportunity to see what some people who wouldn't be in your social, family, or work circles think about certain topics.

No one has a right not to be offended."

No one doesn't not have the right to be unoffended too.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

No one doesn't not have the right to be unoffended too. "

Same thing but just expressed incoherently

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 weeks ago

golden fields

Same thing but just expressed incoherently "

I was just being playful about the double negatives.

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
6 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

It's all very well allowing freedom of speech however I do think some opinions should be kept inside people's head's.

Reply privately

By *hairmanDaoMan
6 weeks ago

London

"It's all very well allowing freedom of speech however I do think some opinions should be kept inside people's head's."

A point well demonstrated…..

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Same thing but just expressed incoherently

I was just being playful about the double negatives. "

Sorry I was jesting

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

"No it isn't.

Yes it is!

Unless it's retribution you want, and not deterrent and justice."

well my guess is the guy is never getting out so instead of wasting money keeping him locked up let him swing instead big brave man attacking small children

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"No it isn't.

Yes it is!

Unless it's retribution you want, and not deterrent and justice.well my guess is the guy is never getting out so instead of wasting money keeping him locked up let him swing instead big brave man attacking small children"

As been said, death sentences cost more than life sentences. So do tge math.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

"No it isn't.

Yes it is!

Unless it's retribution you want, and not deterrent and justice.well my guess is the guy is never getting out so instead of wasting money keeping him locked up let him swing instead big brave man attacking small children

As been said, death sentences cost more than life sentences. So do tge math."

pretty sure a rope is very cheap

Reply privately

By *onica-mayhemWoman
6 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"Always find those preaching to be in favour of free speech shutting down other more important people's opinions with their left woke agenda!

A civilised society has the reason and duty to deal with those who act in an uncivilised way to dispense justice which if found to later to be incorrect can be reversed.

Multiple victims, witnesses, evidence, camera footage, weapon found. No miscarriage of justice or false identification there, no doubt whatsoever it's not the correct suspect so in these cases, the death penalty should follow."

Maybe not the death penalty but their life sentence should be the hardest, most miserable and uncomfortable time in jail. The death penalty doesn't give the perpetrator time to think on his or her crimes over the rest of their miserable lives.

------------------------------

In my opinion....death sentences should only be given to those that miss penalties in world cup, euro, FA, European cup, europa league and all Ireland finals....firing squad would prove effective

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

While a tragic set of events. The death penalty adds to just one thing - more death.

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"No it isn't.

Yes it is!

Unless it's retribution you want, and not deterrent and justice.well my guess is the guy is never getting out so instead of wasting money keeping him locked up let him swing instead big brave man attacking small children

As been said, death sentences cost more than life sentences. So do tge math.pretty sure a rope is very cheap"

Ahh yes, someone else who doesn't understand due process.

Reply privately

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

Unofficial reports the stabber to be a second generation Rwandan immigrant

Unfortunately the deportation scheme is now closed

Reply privately

By *ortyairCouple
6 weeks ago

Wallasey

If its unofficial, how can you know the authenticity of it?

Mrs x

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"Unofficial reports the stabber to be a second generation Rwandan immigrant

Unfortunately the deportation scheme is now closed "

And race, origin, etc matters - why?

Reply privately

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

"If its unofficial, how can you know the authenticity of it?

Mrs x"

Times apparently

https://x.com/WoodsyNeverWent/status/1818046585034420378/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1818046585034420378&currentTweetUser=WoodsyNeverWent

Reply privately

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 weeks ago

nearby

And race, origin, etc matters - why?"

Is on MI6 watch list apparently.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Border of London

And race, origin, etc matters - why?"

It's very important, so that the pro and anti lobbies know what to put on their banners ahead of the marches and protests they've already arranged...

Reply privately

By *ortyairCouple
6 weeks ago

Wallasey

Mrs x

Times apparently

https://x.com/WoodsyNeverWent/status/1818046585034420378/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1818046585034420378&currentTweetUser=WoodsyNeverWent"

Cannot find anything on mainstream media saying this. Isn't it just 'Twitter news'.

And the police have said the youth was born in Cardiff, so won't be an asylum seekers if that's the case.

Think we should wait until more details are released through the proper channels.

Mrs x

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Mrs x

Times apparently

https://x.com/WoodsyNeverWent/status/1818046585034420378/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1818046585034420378&currentTweetUser=WoodsyNeverWent Cannot find anything on mainstream media saying this. Isn't it just 'Twitter news'.

And the police have said the youth was born in Cardiff, so won't be an asylum seekers if that's the case.

Think we should wait until more details are released through the proper channels.

Mrs x"

We should definitely wait. We won't get it until court though as he's a 'minor'.

Also, just to be clear, the police said 'originally from Cardiff' not 'born in Cardiff'. I know how you've chosen to interpret that but that could very well be wordplay.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

From Sky.

***Police confirmed the incident was not being treated as terror-related but said the motive was "unclear"****

Reply privately

By *atk1TV/TS
6 weeks ago

East limerick West tipperary

Unfortunately the deportation scheme is now closed "

How many generations of immigrants do you want to see deported

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"Also, just to be clear, the police said 'originally from Cardiff' not 'born in Cardiff'. I know how you've chosen to interpret that but that could very well be wordplay. "

the police said born

Reply privately

By *hairmanDaoMan
6 weeks ago

London

I think the culprit has been widely talked about on X, which is by far the best and most immediate source of news.

Being 17 (allegedly) obviously assists the authorities in suppressing the story and pretending it’s a “Cardiff lad” with “mental health problems”. A lot of it about nowadays.

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Border of London

Mrs x

Times apparently

https://x.com/WoodsyNeverWent/status/1818046585034420378/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1818046585034420378&currentTweetUser=WoodsyNeverWent Cannot find anything on mainstream media saying this. Isn't it just 'Twitter news'.

Mrs x"

Telegraph:

The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons and is originally from Cardiff, in Wales, moved to the Southport area with his Rwandan parents

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/29/businessman-who-tried-to-disarm-southport-attacker-stabbed/

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

News

Statement from Chief Constable Serena Kennedy following major incident in Southport

Main article content

News

Published: 19:18 29/07/2024

Updated News Post

PREVIEW_LATEST NEWS_600x370-5 copy.jpg

"It is with great sadness that today I am here to advise that two young children have died as a result of injuries sustained in a knife attack this morning.

"Nine other children have been injured, and six of them are in a critical condition, all those injured have suffered stab wounds sustained during the attack. Two adults are also in a critical condition after being injured during the incident.

"A 17-year-old male from Banks in Lancashire, who was born in Cardiff, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and has been taken to a police station where he will be interviewed by detectives.

.... from merseyside police web page

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Also, just to be clear, the police said 'originally from Cardiff' not 'born in Cardiff'. I know how you've chosen to interpret that but that could very well be wordplay.

the police said born"

You clearly haven't watched the Chief Constable speak, you know, actual words coming out of her mouth.

You've instead read the media spin. Do better

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"Also, just to be clear, the police said 'originally from Cardiff' not 'born in Cardiff'. I know how you've chosen to interpret that but that could very well be wordplay.

the police said born

You clearly haven't watched the Chief Constable speak, you know, actual words coming out of her mouth.

You've instead read the media spin. Do better "

no, i read the merseyside police official web page (seeing as how you insist on playing bottom trumps), which says, and i quote (cut'n'paste) ....

News

Statement from Chief Constable Serena Kennedy following major incident in Southport

Main article content

News

Updated News Post

"It is with great sadness that today I am here to advise that two young children have died as a result of injuries sustained in a knife attack this morning.

"Nine other children have been injured, and six of them are in a critical condition, all those injured have suffered stab wounds sustained during the attack. Two adults are also in a critical condition after being injured during the incident.

"A 17-year-old male from Banks in Lancashire, who was born in Cardiff, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and has been taken to a police station where he will be interviewed by detectives

Reply privately

By *ortyairCouple
6 weeks ago

Wallasey

Mrs x

Times apparently

Mrs x

Telegraph:

The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons and is originally from Cardiff, in Wales, moved to the Southport area with his Rwandan parents

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/29/businessman-who-tried-to-disarm-southport-attacker-stabbed/

"

So he was born in Cardiff and the Telegraph are reporting he has Rwandan parents?

Cannot read article unless I sign up for a trial.

Mrs x

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

Border of London

Mrs x

Times apparently

Mrs x

Telegraph:

So he was born in Cardiff and the Telegraph are reporting he has Rwandan parents?

Cannot read article unless I sign up for a trial.

Mrs x"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cevwgqz0x41t

He was born in Cardiff to Rwandan parents, and moved to the Southport area in 2013

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

the police said born

You've instead read the media spin. Do better

no, i read the merseyside police official web page (seeing as how you insist on playing bottom trumps), which says, and i quote (cut'n'paste) ....

News

Main article content

News

Updated News Post

"A 17-year-old male from Banks in Lancashire, who was born in Cardiff, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and has been taken to a police station where he will be interviewed by detectives

"

They did not quote her verbatim. Go and watch the video, then you can come back

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"They did not quote her verbatim. Go and watch the video, then you can come back "

so you're saying the official police website hasn't quoted the police? totally wild man

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"They did not quote her verbatim. Go and watch the video, then you can come back

so you're saying the official police website hasn't quoted the police? totally wild man "

I am saying exactly that. If you're too scared to watch the video because it'll show I'm speaking the truth, I get it

I would link it but its X and I'm not sure if it's allowed. Go to @merseypolice and you can watch it clearly, it's within 30 seconds of the video so you won't need to concentrate for too long.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"They did not quote her verbatim. Go and watch the video, then you can come back

so you're saying the official police website hasn't quoted the police? totally wild man

I am saying exactly that. If you're too scared to watch the video because it'll show I'm speaking the truth, I get it

I would link it but its X and I'm not sure if it's allowed. Go to @merseypolice and you can watch it clearly, it's within 30 seconds of the video so you won't need to concentrate for too long. "

i don't need to, maybe you can read what the chief constable has said by checking the official merseyside police website rather than quoting a nefarious social media website .... and perhaps drop the personal attacks at the same time.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/24 12:43:27]

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

And race, origin, etc matters - why?

Is on MI6 watch list apparently. "

Is that from the same source, the website in the US who are falsely claiming the person came into the country last year on a small boat and also named him which isn't the case ..

Oh yeah, in this country it's MI5 who deal with such issues as domestic terrorism which has been discounted..

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

so you're saying the official police website hasn't quoted the police? totally wild man "

Yes. They didn't. Feisty is right. Easy enough to find, too.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

Yes. They didn't. Feisty is right. Easy enough to find, too. "

you also are going to maintain that the police haven't said the perpertrator wasn't born i cardiff then? despite the latest statement written on the official merseyside police website? fill your boots

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Yes. They didn't. Feisty is right. Easy enough to find, too.

you also are going to maintain that the police haven't said the perpertrator wasn't born i cardiff then? despite the latest statement written on the official merseyside police website? fill your boots "

Feisty said that they did NOT quote her verbatim - go read the website - they didn't.

Reply privately

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
6 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

The suspect was known to the authorities. They say not treated as a terrorist incident yet send armed police to the house in nearby in Banks? No, not buying it.

Reply privately

By *hairmanDaoMan
6 weeks ago

London

A third death confirmed. Expect more hand-wringing from the political class.

Yvette Cooper has asked people not to “speculate” on social media. Which obviously absolutely nobody will pay any attention to.

The politicians will undoubtedly be desperately hoping for something to happen so they can change the subject and get back to more comfortable ground.

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I would link it but its X and I'm not sure if it's allowed. Go to @merseypolice and you can watch it clearly, it's within 30 seconds of the video so you won't need to concentrate for too long.

i don't need to, maybe you can read what the chief constable has said by checking the official merseyside police website rather than quoting a nefarious social media website .... and perhaps drop the personal attacks at the same time."

We can't have a conversation about the truth if you aren't willing to learn.

They did not quote her verbatim. End of.

Reply privately

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
6 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Death penalty will save money keeping animals alive. We out dogs down for less and if you take a life you've forfeited your human rights as far as were concerned.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

[Removed by poster at 30/07/24 12:58:05]

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

The suspect was known to the authorities. They say not treated as a terrorist incident yet send armed police to the house in nearby in Banks? No, not buying it."

He's classed as a child which is odd however that usually means no information is released at this point, what's your source for the claim he's known and which authority please?

On the latter point it's pretty standard protocol at that stage following such an incident where there's a possibility of threat that they go in with armed response initially..

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"Feisty said that they did NOT quote her verbatim - go read the website - they didn't. "

i've read the official statement by Chief Constable Serena Kennedy and then cut'n'paste that same official statement by Chief Constable Serena Kennedy from the official merseyside police website, if you chose to believe that the fact she is saying the perpertrator was born in cardiff then that's your choice .... i can't be clearer lol

Reply privately

By *mber and FireCouple
6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"Death penalty will save money keeping animals alive. We out dogs down for less and if you take a life you've forfeited your human rights as far as were concerned."

Looks like a few governments have forfeited their humans rights. As have executioners at their behest.

And those who have killed in self defense... and war...

What a ridiculous statement.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

"Feisty said that they did NOT quote her verbatim - go read the website - they didn't.

i've read the official statement by Chief Constable Serena Kennedy and then cut'n'paste that same official statement by Chief Constable Serena Kennedy from the official merseyside police website, if you chose to believe that the fact she is saying the perpertrator was born in cardiff then that's your choice .... i can't be clearer lol"

You need to actually read the conversation . . . .

In all CAPS NOW:

FEIST SAID THAT THEY DID NOT QUOTE HER VERBATIM - THEY DIDN'T !!!

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"They did not quote her verbatim. End of. "

Chief Constable Serena Kennedy has released a statement stating the perpertrator was born in cardiff .... the fact that it is currently written in black and white on their offical website as of now is irrefutable

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"They did not quote her verbatim. End of.

Chief Constable Serena Kennedy has released a statement stating the perpertrator was born in cardiff .... the fact that it is currently written in black and white on their offical website as of now is irrefutable"

Fuck me, I didn't realise you were another one of those.

Watch the video bruh, it will confirm what I have said is correct

Reply privately

6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

We all have opinions, some are uncomfortable for some and vice versa however given the sheer tragic events of what happened which little is known and much is speculation ones hearts go out to the families..

Truly, truly horrifying and horrendous for all involved..

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"Fuck me, I didn't realise you were another one of those.

Watch the video bruh, it will confirm what I have said is correct "

read it ....

https://www.merseyside.police.uk/news/merseyside/news/2024/july/statement-from-chief-constable-serena-kennedy-following-major-incident-in-southport/

... and drop the personal attacks please

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Oh! For the love of sausage rolls:

Read the website.

Then

Watch the video.

Did the website quote her verbatim?

Circle the right answer: Yes/No.

If you get it right there is a gold forum star waiting lol.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"Oh! For the love of sausage rolls:

Read the website.

Then

Watch the video.

Did the website quote her verbatim?

Circle the right answer: Yes/No.

If you get it right there is a gold forum star waiting lol. "

i've posted the hyperlink .... it's irrefutable fact that the police said the perpertrator was born in cardiff, as i have maintained throughout .... it's up to you wether you continue to assert that this undeniable fact is fake news

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

And you are STILL NOT reading what has been said.

Reply privately

By *hrill CollinsMan
6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"And you are STILL NOT reading what has been said.

"

I have read what the police have said and posted the hyperlink to demonstrate ... if you wish to continue your assertion that this fact is fake news then fill your boots

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Oh! I give up, lol.

Reply privately