Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Who sabotaged the french train network?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
6 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

On pre dawn of the ceremony of the olympic games, saboteurs struck frances train network in a series of attacks across the country on friday, causing travel chaos and exposing security gaps just hours before the opening ceremony.

Who do you think did it? I am not sure, they are still unidentified and so far noone have publicly claimed responsibility for the attack. I wonder if russia might be behind it, because russian athletes are met with strict requirements for participation.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hairmanDaoMan
6 weeks ago

London

The Russians seem to catch for everything nowadays.

Macron seemed to be blaming them in minutes of the sabotage. It has the benefit of reinforcing the anti-Russian narrative, and also trying to convince everyone that the French security services know what they are doing.

Still it wouldn’t be that surprising if the Russians were having a go at the French. Macron has been shooting his mouth off about Russia for months.

By *hropshireGentMan
6 weeks ago

shropshire

I don’t think it will be them. I think it will be the French people and farmers.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
6 weeks ago

Border of London

What's telling is that nobody has owned up. You'd think French protestors would at least brag about it anonymously.

As frequent users of the Eurostar service (4x/month), this is an extremely worrying precedent...

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

The press were reporting that it was a sophisticated attack - well excuse my French but BOLLOX.

If anyone has ridden SNCF, it is easy to see that the electricity cables run under lengths of concrete conduit with concrete slabs laid over the top of them. When riding any overland train in France it's also easy to see that the cables are exposed in millions of spots where the slabs have broken, fallen to the side, cracked or are just simply not present.

Anyone with a mind to could set a fire in those spaces and bring miles of network down.

As there have been many protests about the 'inconvenience' of the games to Parisians, it's not a hard stretch to imagine locals setting fires in protest.

Of course, it could be the Russians or Aliens. But more likely local protests. Local don't tend to announce 'It was us'.

Also consider this - simple bad maintenance of the lines.

6 weeks ago

Border of London

"

Of course, it could be the Russians or Aliens. But more likely local protests. Local don't tend to announce 'It was us'.

"

In France they often do. Although this might be exceptional due to the possible repercussions...

By *estivalMan
6 weeks ago

borehamwood

Just seen a report on sky they have arrested an activist on the left in connection with it

By *ophieslutTV/TS
6 weeks ago

Central

I'd assess the Russians as most likely and able to do this type of activity. They want disruption in the West, so this is typical behaviour.

By *atEvolutionCouple
6 weeks ago

Guests in our Own club this weekend EXCITED !!!

"Just seen a report on sky they have arrested an activist on the left in connection with it"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"I'd assess the Russians as most likely and able to do this type of activity. They want disruption in the West, so this is typical behaviour. "

The russians have had an arson campaign across Europe targeting suppliers and infrastructure in relation to Ukraine for over a year, so whilst this might look like them I think it's a bit of a low key attempt to fully disrupt when the global eye is on Paris..

The arrest today might be down to forensics from the one that didn't go off or it could be the French security services under pressure..

6 weeks ago

Border of London

"The press were reporting that it was a sophisticated attack - well excuse my French but BOLLOX.

If anyone has ridden SNCF, it is easy to see that the electricity cables run under lengths of concrete conduit with concrete slabs laid over the top of them. When riding any overland train in France it's also easy to see that the cables are exposed in millions of spots where the slabs have broken, fallen to the side, cracked or are just simply not present.

"

It was the coordination that was sophisticated? More the logistical sophistication than the damage itself.

Post new Message to Thread