Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Why didnt biden address the nation?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
8 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

Are you also wondering why he didnt address the nation straight away as he stepped down?

Dont they usually address the nation straight away, rather than wait doing it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

"Are you also wondering why he didnt address the nation straight away as he stepped down?

Dont they usually address the nation straight away, rather than wait doing it? "

The only president to step down and leave office was Nixon. And that was different as he actually stood down as president.

So I don't think there is a "usually" to go on here.

By *ggdrasil66Man
8 weeks ago

Saltdean

He probably forgot!

By *igNick1381Man
8 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

He hasn't stepped down, he's seeing out his term

He's just not running for re election is all

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
8 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"He hasn't stepped down, he's seeing out his term

He's just not running for re election is all"

This..

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

No problem with him stepping down....it's stepping up that poses an issue! Particularly when it's the steps of air force one, off a bicycle or across a stage. His handlers should be done for elder abuse.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
8 weeks ago

Cumbria

"No problem with him stepping down....it's stepping up that poses an issue! Particularly when it's the steps of air force one, off a bicycle or across a stage. His handlers should be done for elder abuse."

Have you seen Trump trying to negotiate stairs, he needs to hold someone’s hand so he doesn’t fall over and fill his n@ppy.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"No problem with him stepping down....it's stepping up that poses an issue! Particularly when it's the steps of air force one, off a bicycle or across a stage. His handlers should be done for elder abuse.

Have you seen Trump trying to negotiate stairs, he needs to hold someone’s hand so he doesn’t fall over and fill his n@ppy."

Yes but he hasn't been running America for the past 3.5 years with another six months to run. I'd like to know who was and is running America since Joe Biden hasn't been mentally capable since his election. Why did he lie to his voters when he said that he was in the race for this election? I can understand why he didn't make a speech to tell everyone....it would've exposed his total mental decline on the world stage. I think it's terrible that a bewildered old man has been abused.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

8 weeks ago

East Sussex

No I'm not wondering. He's apparently got covid, if thats true and not a cover then he's probably not fit enough to appear on the world's stage. If it is a cover the same applies.

It's destabilising enough for people to believe he's incapable without having it proven

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

"No I'm not wondering. He's apparently got covid, if thats true and not a cover then he's probably not fit enough to appear on the world's stage. If it is a cover the same applies.

It's destabilising enough for people to believe he's incapable without having it proven "

So who has possession of the nuclear football and who will have it for the next six months? Just think about that...

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

"No problem with him stepping down....it's stepping up that poses an issue! Particularly when it's the steps of air force one, off a bicycle or across a stage. His handlers should be done for elder abuse.

Have you seen Trump trying to negotiate stairs, he needs to hold someone’s hand so he doesn’t fall over and fill his n@ppy.

Yes but he hasn't been running America for the past 3.5 years with another six months to run. I'd like to know who was and is running America since Joe Biden hasn't been mentally capable since his election. Why did he lie to his voters when he said that he was in the race for this election? I can understand why he didn't make a speech to tell everyone....it would've exposed his total mental decline on the world stage. I think it's terrible that a bewildered old man has been abused."

Why do you say he has not been mentally stable since his election? If you’ll remember he trounced Trump in 2020, and his cognitive decline seems to have accelerated recently. He didn’t lie to anyone when he said he was in the race, because he was, he has now however dropped out because he has listened to the people closest to him.

The US economy recovered from COVID faster than any of its peers, there are more people in employment in the US than there has ever been. Biden has put in place massive infrastructure investment that will take years to bear fruit but they were essential.

He hasn’t done too bad a job at running the country, and he has a team around him that will probably step in if he wakes up one morning and decides he fancies starting a war.

Why hasn’t he addressed the nation? The man has COVID, probably best to wait until he has recovered from it to be honest.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

8 weeks ago

East Sussex

"No I'm not wondering. He's apparently got covid, if thats true and not a cover then he's probably not fit enough to appear on the world's stage. If it is a cover the same applies.

It's destabilising enough for people to believe he's incapable without having it proven

So who has possession of the nuclear football and who will have it for the next six months? Just think about that..."

I have thought about it but since I have absolutely no control over it I'm not worried. I hope of course that there are protocols in place but then I see Donald Trump referring to 'the late great Hannibal Lecter ' and weep

By *abioMan
8 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Are you also wondering why he didnt address the nation straight away as he stepped down?

Dont they usually address the nation straight away, rather than wait doing it? "

He is not stepping down… he is not running for reelection!

Anyway at the moment he has Covid and is isolated at his beach house in Delaware……

Once he is negative he will probably give some sort of address…..

By (user no longer on site)
8 weeks ago

Nobody in their 80's should be allowed to hold positions in any government. That's far too old.

By *igNick1381Man
8 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"Nobody in their 80's should be allowed to hold positions in any government. That's far too old."

This

The good thing about this election was it was the last of the oldies

If Biden had win he'd be out of the running for '28 and Trump would be done (lost 2 elections, he'd be gone for good regardless of age)

If trump wins it's his 2nd and last term

2028 will be 2 newer, younger presidential hopefuls

Money is on Vance Vs Harris potentially

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

Yes but he hasn't been running America for the past 3.5 years with another six months to run. I'd like to know who was and is running America since Joe Biden hasn't been mentally capable since his election. Why did he lie to his voters when he said that he was in the race for this election? I can understand why he didn't make a speech to tell everyone....it would've exposed his total mental decline on the world stage. I think it's terrible that a bewildered old man has been abused.

Why do you say he has not been mentally stable since his election? If you’ll remember he trounced Trump in 2020, and his cognitive decline seems to have accelerated recently. He didn’t lie to anyone when he said he was in the race, because he was, he has now however dropped out because he has listened to the people closest to him.

The US economy recovered from COVID faster than any of its peers, there are more people in employment in the US than there has ever been. Biden has put in place massive infrastructure investment that will take years to bear fruit but they were essential.

He hasn’t done too bad a job at running the country, and he has a team around him that will probably step in if he wakes up one morning and decides he fancies starting a war.

Why hasn’t he addressed the nation? The man has COVID, probably best to wait until he has recovered from it to be honest.

"

The "speculation" that sleepy Joe was cognitively impaired was classed as right wing conspiracy theory. Even in the run up to the 2020 election Joe Biden spent more time in his basement than he did on the election bandwagon because he was showing all the signs of cognitive decline and his handlers didn't want him to make a balls up of his strong position. Fast forward to the present and his handlers are now confirming what the conspiracy theorists had been saying all along and using his cognitive decline as the reason to pack it in.

His colleagues in the Democrat party were saying (even after the car crash debate a couple of weeks ago) the Joe Biden was in good shape, that he was sharper than ever and that he won the debate. Pelosi, Obama, Harris, the Clintons and his wife Jill were championing him as the next leader and president after that debate....why the big 180° spin to now start telling us otherwise?

Funny how the "conspiracy theory" of the past 4 years turned out to be true eh?

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

The "speculation" that sleepy Joe was cognitively impaired was classed as right wing conspiracy theory. Even in the run up to the 2020 election Joe Biden spent more time in his basement than he did on the election bandwagon because he was showing all the signs of cognitive decline and his handlers didn't want him to make a balls up of his strong position. Fast forward to the present and his handlers are now confirming what the conspiracy theorists had been saying all along and using his cognitive decline as the reason to pack it in.

His colleagues in the Democrat party were saying (even after the car crash debate a couple of weeks ago) the Joe Biden was in good shape, that he was sharper than ever and that he won the debate. Pelosi, Obama, Harris, the Clintons and his wife Jill were championing him as the next leader and president after that debate....why the big 180° spin to now start telling us otherwise?

Funny how the "conspiracy theory" of the past 4 years turned out to be true eh?"

You seem really emotionally invested in this, are you related to Trump or something?

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

You seem really emotionally invested in this, are you related to Trump or something?"

Nope. I don't like trump or any self serving politicians for that matter. I do however love watching the meltdown whenever his name gets mentioned. Every politician is controlled and extremely hypocritical....as are their fanboys/fangirls be they on the left or right. Most can't contemplate that their much loved people are controlled from behind the scenes and that when a president or prime minister makes a decision it's not actually their decision. They get handed a script and told to read and follow it. The bullshit about team red and team blue just keeps the masses engaged. Makes it look like they have a choice. You don't have a choice

By *altenkommandoMan
8 weeks ago

milton keynes

Funny how the "conspiracy theory" of the past 4 years turned out to be true eh?"

The same accusations of “conspiracy theory” were levelled at the story about Huntger Biden’s laptop being Russian disinformation, until it turned out to be true. What was worse was the way that the news and social media prevented anyone talking about it. M

Then there were the stories about Ashley Biden’s diaries and her speculation that Sleepy Joe was taking inappropriate showers with her as a pre-teen may have been the cause of her dysfunction were all branded as lies, until she went to court to sue the nurse who stole her diaries and admitted under oath they were real.

Then there’s the numerous cash for access stories….not true until they turn out to be true.

Huntger’s gun. Not true, until he was convicted.

The left wing complicit press have done eveything they can to surpress the truth about Biden but have gone to outrageous lengths to churn everything they can about Trump. Think what you will of the candidates, but in a healthy democracy there shouldn’t be a conspiracy of silence about who you are being asked to elect.

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

You seem really emotionally invested in this, are you related to Trump or something?

Nope. I don't like trump or any self serving politicians for that matter. I do however love watching the meltdown whenever his name gets mentioned. Every politician is controlled and extremely hypocritical....as are their fanboys/fangirls be they on the left or right. Most can't contemplate that their much loved people are controlled from behind the scenes and that when a president or prime minister makes a decision it's not actually their decision. They get handed a script and told to read and follow it. The bullshit about team red and team blue just keeps the masses engaged. Makes it look like they have a choice. You don't have a choice"

I think you’re projecting a level of investment that only exists in one place.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

The controlled media is complicit in everything surrounding mainstream politics. The usual suspects on the left and on the right.

You'd never get a dyed in the wool Liverpool fan subscribing to the Manchester United chanel and vice versa...the same biases are prevalent when it comes to red/blue politics. You only want to concern yourself with good news from your side. To hell with bad news being spouted from your opposites!

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

Nope. I don't like trump or any self serving politicians for that matter. I do however love watching the meltdown whenever his name gets mentioned. Every politician is controlled and extremely hypocritical....as are their fanboys/fangirls be they on the left or right. Most can't contemplate that their much loved people are controlled from behind the scenes and that when a president or prime minister makes a decision it's not actually their decision. They get handed a script and told to read and follow it. The bullshit about team red and team blue just keeps the masses engaged. Makes it look like they have a choice. You don't have a choice

I think you’re projecting a level of investment that only exists in one place."

And you are absolutely free to think whatever you want

And I'm free to call out your hypocritical BS when I see it

By *CBoyTV/TS
8 weeks ago

Penygraig

He'd probably say ""My fellow Canadians......"

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

And I'm free to call out your hypocritical BS when I see it "

Have you considered decaf?

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

Have you considered decaf?"

Run out of ideas for a counter argument to the points I raise eh? Fair enough...just drop the mic and leave the stage. It's to be expected from your average close-minded thinker. You're not the only one to do it

By *izandpaulCouple
8 weeks ago

merseyside

Have you seen Trump trying to negotiate stairs, he needs to hold someone’s hand so he doesn’t fall over and fill his n@ppy."

How dare you madam.

Fill his speciality pants, that's nothing more than abuse of an elderly man with incontinence.

You should be ashamed.

Won't be too long until you find the Tena adverts on TV quite appealing.

By *oxychick35Couple
8 weeks ago

thornaby

I seen him get shot stand up covered in blood and fist pump the crowd wow

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

Run out of ideas for a counter argument to the points I raise eh? Fair enough...just drop the mic and leave the stage. It's to be expected from your average close-minded thinker. You're not the only one to do it "

You just seem to be inventing things to get worked up about, it’s really not good for you.

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

Run out of ideas for a counter argument to the points I raise eh? Fair enough...just drop the mic and leave the stage. It's to be expected from your average close-minded thinker. You're not the only one to do it

You just seem to be inventing things to get worked up about, it’s really not good for you."

What have I invented? Which points have I made are fabricated and inaccurate? Or are you just attacking the person and not the issues?

By (user no longer on site)
8 weeks ago

The press are just the mouthpieces of very wealthy people with vested interests. As soon as any start suggesting something is a conspiracy you just know there's some element of truth in it.

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

You just seem to be inventing things to get worked up about, it’s really not good for you.

What have I invented? Which points have I made are fabricated and inaccurate? Or are you just attacking the person and not the issues?

"

You’re talking about fan boys and girls on team Red and team blue, who are they?

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

You’re talking about fan boys and girls on team Red and team blue, who are they?"

Errm...the electorate maybe? The ones who reside in their echo Chambers and won't listen to, read or take on board anything that goes against their biases. The lefties v the righties if you like. Team trump or team Biden or harris as it appears to be now. The never-trumpers v the only-trumpers. People that don't understand that their binary choice is bullshit.

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

You’re talking about fan boys and girls on team Red and team blue, who are they?

Errm...the electorate maybe? The ones who reside in their echo Chambers and won't listen to, read or take on board anything that goes against their biases. The lefties v the righties if you like. Team trump or team Biden or harris as it appears to be now. The never-trumpers v the only-trumpers. People that don't understand that their binary choice is bullshit. "

So it’s not people on here then, or do you wander the streets telling their opinions are ‘hypocritical bullshit?’

By *onica-mayhemWoman
8 weeks ago

Belfast/dublin

Errm...the electorate maybe? The ones who reside in their echo Chambers and won't listen to, read or take on board anything that goes against their biases. The lefties v the righties if you like. Team trump or team Biden or harris as it appears to be now. The never-trumpers v the only-trumpers. People that don't understand that their binary choice is bullshit.

So it’s not people on here then, or do you wander the streets telling their opinions are ‘hypocritical bullshit?’"

No, just on global forums where I see it written. I see you've written some bullshit on this global forum so I pointed it out. I'm not one to physically get in someone's face and cry bullshit because that would be stupid....but you do you. Just be careful of the backlash when you do.

8 weeks ago

Cumbria

So it’s not people on here then, or do you wander the streets telling their opinions are ‘hypocritical bullshit?’

No, just on global forums where I see it written. I see you've written some bullshit on this global forum so I pointed it out. I'm not one to physically get in someone's face and cry bullshit because that would be stupid....but you do you. Just be careful of the backlash when you do. "

Oooh are you the bullshit monitor, do you have a badge?

By *abioMan
8 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I seen him get shot stand up covered in blood and fist pump the crowd wow "

If the fist pump is the only 2 minutes of trump you’d actually seen in the last 3 months then it may cloud your judgement…. Just like if you had only seen the first 2 minutes of the debate where Biden looked really bad….

But in the last 3 months in most of his campaign stops, trump has been a gibbering wreck… a rambling mess!!!!

Even if you sat thru his 90 minutes speech at the RNC giving his acceptance speech at being nominated it’s an absolute hot mess!!! It’s a shitshow where is he all over the place! Ad libbing and going off script

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
8 weeks ago

Border of London

"...trump has been a gibbering wreck… a rambling mess!!!!

Even if you sat thru his 90 minutes speech at the RNC giving his acceptance speech at being nominated it’s an absolute hot mess!!! It’s a shitshow where is he all over the place! Ad libbing and going off script "

So... Business as usual

By *abioMan
8 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

That was one hell of an address…

That 15 minutes was spine tingling!!!

The best of Biden in so many ways…. And so selfless

By *otMe66Man
8 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"That was one hell of an address…

The best of Biden in so many ways…. And so selfless "

I’ve seen snippets, was it live or prerecorded?

By *astandFeistyCouple
8 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I’ve seen snippets, was it live or prerecorded? "

According to his watch, pre recorded.

Not sure of spine tingling, more just saying shit that they think are the right things to say.

By *otMe66Man
8 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I’ve seen snippets, was it live or prerecorded?

According to his watch, pre recorded.

Not sure of spine tingling, more just saying shit that they think are the right things to say. "

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

The best of Biden in so many ways…. And so selfless "

I don't know if it was selfless, he was pushed pretty hard to not stand again. He had previously said "only the lord almighty could convince me to quit".

By *hagTonight OP   Man
5 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It's destabilising enough for people to believe he's incapable without having it proven "

I dont think he got that, what I think this is all about, is to have a chance to win over trump, that is why they have chosen harris, she seems now to be the favourite too.

By *igNick1381Man
5 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

I don't know if it was selfless, he was pushed pretty hard to not stand again. He had previously said "only the lord almighty could convince me to quit".

"

They probably threatened him with article 25

Jump or be pushed

The democrats are no less ruthless than the republicans

By *hawn ScottMan
5 weeks ago

london Brixton

The reason he gives for that that he suffers from vertigo and gets dizzy when walking down stairs

Post new Message to Thread